The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Fun and Games > Middle-earth Mirth
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-11-2011, 09:48 PM   #1
Estelyn Telcontar
Princess of Skwerlz

Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!
Silmaril Full-length LotR Parody Movies

One of the things we did at Finlandmoot was to watch a trilogy of parody LotR movies. These were done by a group of Russian fans who had no budget but lots of witty ideas. I don't know whether to mention a few or whether it's best to just let you watch and enjoy the fun. Perhaps one of the main elements may entice you: the NazgŻl (and all other riders) ride bicycles! And also: Glorfindel and Arwen fight over who gets to take Asfaloth and rescue Frodo...

There are several astonishingly good actors in the amateur cast - since the young ladies of the fan group outnumber the amount of female roles, the Hobbits and some other characters are female actors. My favourite is the one who plays Frodo - she does every bit as well as Elijah Wood! Some of the film sites are amazing, and the echoes of Peter Jackson's visuals are easy to spot.

For the majority of us who understand no Russian, there are subtitles in English (and also in German). Fortunately, you don't even have to buy the DVD set, but can watch them online. Here are the links:

LotR 1
LotR 2
LotR 3
'Mercy!' cried Gandalf. 'If the giving of information is to be the cure of your inquisitiveness, I shall spend all the rest of my days in answering you. What more do you want to know?' 'The whole history of Middle-earth...'
Estelyn Telcontar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2011, 08:45 AM   #2
narfforc
The Dank-lord Sourone

narfforc is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Esty....that has a remarkable amount of similarities to The Lord of the Grins....
Old 08-12-2011, 12:59 PM   #3
Galadriel55
Blossom of Dwimordene

Galadriel55 is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Galadriel55 is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Galadriel55 is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Galadriel55 is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
I'm halfway through FOTR, and it's hilarious! Esty, thank you very much for the links!

Edit: just finished it. My, I like it more than the actal film!!!

Last edited by Galadriel55; 08-12-2011 at 01:57 PM.
Galadriel55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2011, 02:46 PM   #4
Narnangol
Animated Skeleton

Narnangol has just left Hobbiton.
Oh, these are gold.
Thank you so much for sharing!
Old 08-12-2011, 03:25 PM   #5
Galadriel55
Blossom of Dwimordene

Galadriel55 is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Galadriel55 is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Galadriel55 is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Galadriel55 is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Narnangol View Post
Oh, these are gold.
Seconded! These are definitely worth their weight, erm, length, in gold!

ETA: the question of wings&Balrogs finally solved! - them no need wings. Them has elevator.

Last edited by Galadriel55; 08-12-2011 at 05:57 PM.
Galadriel55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2011, 06:04 AM   #6
Thinlůmien
Shady She-Penguin

Thinlůmien has passed beneath the Argonath.Thinlůmien has passed beneath the Argonath.Thinlůmien has passed beneath the Argonath.Thinlůmien has passed beneath the Argonath.Thinlůmien has passed beneath the Argonath.Thinlůmien has passed beneath the Argonath.
Thumbs up

Apart from Frodo, Legolas is also priceless.

Thanks for showing us these and now posting this, Esty!
Thinlůmien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2011, 07:51 PM   #7
BÍthberry
Cryptic Aura

BÍthberry is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.BÍthberry is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.BÍthberry is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
If I do go to see The Hobbit movies--which I probably will--I will be taking notes to consider how we can parody them here. Thank you, Estelyn, for the idea.
Old 07-21-2020, 11:35 AM   #8
Galadriel55
Blossom of Dwimordene

Realization #2: I completely screwed up the melody in Beren's When---in----your---love----I----------rejoiced. I am missing two beats! I have no idea how that happened, I feel like I just forgot how the melody goes.

How do I fix it? "That night when in your love I rejoiced"?

There's a typo in "Taught pride to Elven hearts" (Finrod's Duel)

"Like the Darkness everlasting" (Captivity) appears with a delay.

Also in Captivity, I think it's the only time that Finrod deviates from his "My grief", and I'm thinking it might be better to just let him be consistent. What do you think?

So now my head is filled with a cacophony of Runglish lyrics.