Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Roleplaying > Elvenhome
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-01-2007, 02:56 PM   #521
Gwathagor
Shade with a Blade

Gwathagor is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Gwathagor is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Gwathagor is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Send a message via AIM to Gwathagor Send a message via MSN to Gwathagor Send a message via Skype™ to Gwathagor
When will it be morning in Stock? Unless someone finds him first (which would be both interesting and cool), my elf will probably regain consciousness around breakfast time.
Old 10-01-2007, 06:18 PM   #522
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

Location: In a tiny, insignificant little town in one of the many States.
Folwren is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Folwren is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Well, I'm not sure. If you killed a wolf (as your post nearly indicated, but didn't make entirely clear), it was probably the one keeping Forest Elf's elf and a hobbit in the trees, so perhaps those characters could find you. Otherwise, we can wait until morning.

-- Folwren
Old 10-01-2007, 06:57 PM   #523
Gwathagor
Shade with a Blade

Gwathagor is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Gwathagor is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Gwathagor is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Send a message via AIM to Gwathagor Send a message via MSN to Gwathagor Send a message via Skype™ to Gwathagor
I'm not entirely sure what happened, actually. I don't think he killed it, and I don't think it was an ordinary wolf. It may have been a kind of lesser werewolf, a nasty bad wolf-spirit, or something like that, which is why it disappeared when the clouds covered the moon. Regardless of exactly what it is, it's probably behind the larger wolf problem in the East Farthing. Sort of an arch-wolf-beast, and the other wolves are his minions...hmmm.
Old 10-02-2007, 07:54 AM   #524
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

Folwren is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Folwren is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
What if this elf made it possible for Forest Elf's character and Sallkid's hobbit to escape? I think that would be best - even if it wasn't an entirely ordinary wolf.

I'd really appreciate it if these wolves were driven from Stock, though. It's not exactly bookish for them to be invading the Shire.

-- Folwren
Old 10-02-2007, 08:59 AM   #525
Gwathagor
Shade with a Blade

I'll instigate a wolf hunt.
Old 10-02-2007, 03:19 PM   #526
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

Gwathagor

Hang on, my dear fellow. You are rather anxious - and I would be, too, with such a character to use - but we can't move time on yet! I fear I must ask you to withdraw the last post for a little while, and when it comes time to progres to the next day, I will let you be the first to know and you can start it for us. Don't get rid of the post entirely, of course. Save it on a seperate document on your computer and keep it until it's time.

Thanks for your patience!

-- Folrwen
Old 10-03-2007, 01:21 AM   #527
Dunwen
Wight

Dunwen has just left Hobbiton.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Folwren View Post
Perhaps you should wait until later - when she actually takes her character into the room. Perhaps Ruby (that is the young girls name, right?) could try this sneakiness when Peri is actually in there sleeping...or something...I don't know. Another option would be for Dunwen to move Peri into her room, have her settle down there, and then come back out to the common room, so Ruby has a chance to do something? You two could figure it out here or by PM if you wanted to, or you could just play it by ear and see what happens.

-- Folwren
I think I've taken care of it -- will have a post up very shortly!

--Dunwen
Old 10-04-2007, 05:43 PM   #528
Gwathagor
Shade with a Blade

Is it tomorrow yet?
Old 10-05-2007, 07:55 AM   #529
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

Not yet. Soon. Give us a few days at least. Please.

It takes a while to play stuff out on the Inn thread. Real RPGs (preferably) move a bit faster.

-- Folwren
Old 10-05-2007, 09:10 AM   #530
Gwathagor
Shade with a Blade

ok...
Old 10-05-2007, 03:58 PM   #531
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

I'm sorry.
Old 10-11-2007, 07:01 AM   #532
Gwathagor
Shade with a Blade

That was weird...it said that the Shire was closed for posting.
Old 10-15-2007, 02:41 PM   #533
Gwathagor
Shade with a Blade

This is a night as long as years...how long will the day tarry?
Old 10-15-2007, 02:56 PM   #534
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

I am sorry, Gwathagor. I truly, honestly meant to write and say go ahead yesterday, but I forgot completely. Life has been nuts.

Go ahead.

Dunwen, check your PMs.

-- Folwren
Old 10-15-2007, 03:10 PM   #535
Gwathagor
Shade with a Blade

Life is definitely nuts.
Old 10-15-2007, 10:21 PM   #536
TheGreatElvenWarrior
Mighty Quill

TheGreatElvenWarrior has been trapped in the Barrow!
I am sorry for not posting for a long time... My mom went on a rant that role playing games are addicting...and yadda. So she has to read the posts or something before I can post again. Sorry
Ha! This is post 123...hehehe, sorry.
Old 10-15-2007, 10:38 PM   #537
Gwathagor
Shade with a Blade

Mothers are wise and should be heeded. Well done!
Old 10-18-2007, 03:35 PM   #538
piosenniel
Desultory Dwimmerlaik

piosenniel is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
There is an RPG just starting in the Shire - An Adventure of Hobbit Proportions (HERE)

Please take a look at the proposal and join the game!

~*~ Pio
Old 10-19-2007, 12:41 PM   #539
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.
All right, I would like to introduce my character to the Inn:

NAME: Rorimac (Rory) Pincup-Brandybuck (for the explanation of this unusual connection see below)

RACE: Hobbit

WEAPONS: none

APPEARANCE: Tall (for a hobbit), very light brown hair and blue eyes. Wears always clean white shirt (thanks to his wife) and leather breeches when he is on his journey, along with a straw hat and a red scarf around his neck. His pony, Buttercup, is sorrel-coloured middle-aged pony.

PERSONALITY/STRENGTHS/WEAKNESSES: Hand-minded and capable to quickly learn. Is afraid of water and cannot swim, despite his family's roots. He also does not like animals much, except for his pony who had been his companion for several years. Very curious and quick-witted, especially when it comes to rumors. Also very loud and talkative, always voicing his opinions and commenting current events. He considers himself very clever and his own advices good for everyone. This has a downside, as he lacks the empathy to understand those who are around him.

HISTORY: His parents lived in Pincup where they moved after their marriage, but the family still maintains connection with their Buckland relatives. His father is a carpenter of great renown, at least among the dwellers of Pincup. Rorimac had always great interest in the local events, listened to all the gossip and he knows practically everyone in the village. When he was younger, he helped his father in the carpenter job; later, he started to work as carter with his friend Andy Hornblower. Few years ago he married Poppy Brockhouse, his friend's brother-in-law's sister. They are expecting their first child now. Recently, Rory was appointed to deliver a set of knives made by Mr. Banks at Pincup to Bucklebury, so he decided to connect his job with a visit of his relatives.

Tell me when I am allowed to post in the Inn itself. (Concerning my entering scene, I would probably like to appear at the Inn itself, or could meet the others in the forest, though I would like to avoid any personal contact with the wolves...)
"Should the story say 'he ate bread,' the dramatic producer can only show 'a piece of bread' according to his taste or fancy, but the hearer of the story will think of bread in general and picture it in some form of his own." -On Fairy-Stories
Old 10-19-2007, 02:26 PM   #540
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

You can post in the inn now, my dear fellow. I'm glad you've come. I don't think Dick has followed the elf quite so quickly as the said elf would have liked (Dick's a hobbit, and hobbit's aren't fighting folk, you know), so he'll be there to meet your character, likely.

-- Folwren
Old 10-19-2007, 04:04 PM   #541
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.
All right, it's there. I hope it's fine that I have expected the Innkeeper behind the bar, I considered that better than speak to the air.
"Should the story say 'he ate bread,' the dramatic producer can only show 'a piece of bread' according to his taste or fancy, but the hearer of the story will think of bread in general and picture it in some form of his own." -On Fairy-Stories
Old 10-24-2007, 07:56 AM   #542
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

Bringing this forward:

Please remove your signature from EVERY post to the RPG thread.

Thanks!

-- Folwren
Old 10-25-2007, 02:04 PM   #543
Gwathagor
Shade with a Blade

Forest Elf, Gable has been effectively rescued. Fly and be free.
Old 11-08-2007, 07:43 AM   #544
Groin Redbeard
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Groin Redbeard is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Groin Redbeard is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Wow! You certainly have a quite a few good writers in this blog.
Old 11-08-2007, 08:30 AM   #545
Groin Redbeard
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Groin Redbeard is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Groin Redbeard is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
NAME: Groin Redbeard

RACE: Dwarf

WEAPONS: One right handed battle axe, which he keeps by his side at all times.

APPEARANCE: Stands around 4'5ft tall, and has a stocky build. He has a long red beard down to his chest. He wears a brown woolen shirt under his decorated leather armor, and wears the helmet, that his father gave to him.

PERSONALITY/STRENGTHS/WEAKNESSES: Like most Dwarves, Groin is strong headed and strong willed. He is slow to anger, but can carry a grudge. He adores children.
Groin relies on his strength more than anything else, something which, sometimes, gets him into trouble. He is not afraid to fight or argue for what he believes.

HISTORY: Groin was born in the Dwarven colony of the Iron Hills, near Esgoroth. While groing up he idolized his father, and was broken hearted when a Warg attacked and crushed his dad when Groin was twenty-two. He cared for his mother until she remarried, at the age of ninety-six. He set out from the Dwarven colony when he was at the ripe age of thirty-one. He slowly traveled westward, in hopes of one day meeting his childhood friend Grioger, who moved to the Blue Mountains to live with his uncle.
Grion fell in love with the Eraidor countryside, and plans to, one day, settle down here.

Sorry that I didn't bother to read the rules before I posted. If you like you can take it off and I can enter the way you guys want me to.

Last edited by Groin Redbeard; 11-08-2007 at 08:45 AM.
Old 11-08-2007, 09:04 AM   #546
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

Groin,

Welcome to the Golden Perch! Your character descriptions looks great!

I hope to post in the Inn sometime today. I'm sadly behind.

-- Folwren
Old 11-08-2007, 10:03 PM   #547
TheGreatElvenWarrior
Mighty Quill

TheGreatElvenWarrior has been trapped in the Barrow!
My mom says... NO rpgs anymore. I suppose my characters can be up for grabs, if thats allowed.

... And Thanks Dunwen, It is much appreciated!
Old 11-09-2007, 02:21 AM   #548
Dunwen
Wight

Dunwen has just left Hobbiton.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGreatElvenWarrior View Post
My mom says... NO rpgs anymore. I suppose my characters can be up for grabs, if thats allowed.

... And Thanks Dunwen, It is much appreciated!
Tabitha, I'm so sorry your mom won't give permission to RPG. Don't stop writing for your own pleasure though!

It was nice to work out a post with you.

Meanwhile, I hope it's okay for you to visit the 'Downs & post in other forums.
Old 11-09-2007, 09:07 AM   #549
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

Tabby,

I'm so sorry to hear it. I was looking forward to reading more of your characters.

However, as Dunwen said, don't give up writing altogether. Continue writing for your own pleasure - it's a huge enjoyment if you get to love it as much as I do.

I'll see you about the Downs in other places.

-- Folwren
Old 11-09-2007, 12:42 PM   #550
Groin Redbeard
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

I'm ready to make anothe post. I was just wondering if it would be alright if I used Treffic (Dicks son) in it.

Hey Tabby, I've read the Golden Perch Forum and I think your writing is great. Please come back if your mom lets you!
Old 11-09-2007, 12:51 PM   #551
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

Groin,

Go right ahead with Treffy. lol. Looking forward to it.

-- Folwren
Old 11-09-2007, 01:06 PM   #552
Fortinbras

Hi guys, I just wanted to know if i could join this thread. I'll be playing a Hobbit.

Old 11-09-2007, 01:26 PM   #553
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

Fortinbras,

Yes, you may join the thread and the game! Read the first few posts on this thread, write a character description, and join in. It would also be good to read the Red Book of rules.

Welcome!

----

Groin,

I read your post...and I had thought that you'd be using Taffy differently. He doesn't work at the inn yet - still a bit young for that - change the serving hobbit to Tollers, will you? That's Tevildo's character and he is a server at the inn.

Thanks!

-- Folwren
Old 11-09-2007, 02:38 PM   #554
Groin Redbeard
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Easier done than said!
Old 11-09-2007, 03:56 PM   #555
Gwathagor
Shade with a Blade

I promise I'll try to involve other people in my next post. The elf is having a bit of a poignant moment right now. He's remembering some important stuff, and getting in touch with his inner self, but he'll be back to normal in no time. He might even kill the rest of the wolves.
Old 11-09-2007, 04:39 PM   #556
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Shh, Gwathagor, you forgot to remove your sig from the post...

(Personally I always do it forwards before I start writing, there is less chance that one forgets about it later.)
Old 11-09-2007, 07:17 PM   #557
Gwathagor
Shade with a Blade

Thanks. I checked, but the signature wasn't appearing on my computer for some reason. I've edited my post, though.
Old 11-10-2007, 07:17 PM   #558
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Now folks, my character is more or less on the leave, but anyone feel free to stop him if you wish. Either you, Groin, might want to say something else to him, or Gwathagor, if your elf awakens from his letargy, he can intervene and warn Rory that it's not as safe around as he thinks. He's going to depart whatever the case, but you may delay him and accompany him at least part of the way and in connection with this go and get rid of some remaining wolves. But it's up to you, I'm saying this only that you don't get bound by his leaving. If you want, you may still make some contact with him, otherwise, he simply leaves.
Old 11-11-2007, 06:57 PM   #559
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gwathagor View Post
Thanks. I checked, but the signature wasn't appearing on my computer for some reason. I've edited my post, though.
Gwathagor, sometimes, if Pio catches them, she goes and edits your post for you, removing your signature, if you forget yourself. You can likely see a tag on the end of your post saying "Last edited by Piosenniel on [some date] at [some time]." (If you yourself have edited since then, you will not see that.)

And I apologize that I have not written on the game thread myself, but it looks like you players are carrying on just fine. I'm so glad to see that.

Cheers!

-- Folwren
Old 11-12-2007, 02:19 PM   #560
Groin Redbeard
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

My character will be absent for a little bit, since he's taking a long walk and probably won't be back until dusk. I'll lay low for a couple days so everyone else gets a chance to post in the thread without having me constantly writing.

Also I've noticed that I've been speaking for some of the other characters, and putting them in locations without asking them. I've edited my last post last post and I'll try to be a little more self conscious on those types of things. See y'all later!