~*~ Pio
Yep - will do it by tomorrow.
Old 11-10-2004, 02:47 PM   #282
piosenniel
Desultory Dwimmerlaik

piosenniel is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
1420!

Cami

I've had the crew clean up the aftermath of the Corsair incursion. I'll edit as needed - and please feel free to add a post in as you might want to.

-----

Oro

Please see what I had two of the Elves say about Annū. Arry - hope this is ok with you.

~*~ Pio
Old 11-10-2004, 03:40 PM   #283
piosenniel
Desultory Dwimmerlaik

A general request

Please don't put comments in the 'Reason for Edit' box when you are editing on the RPG thread.

Signatures removed and filled in 'SAVES' don't need to be addressed there.

Edits that you want to draw attention to should be commented on in the Game's discussion thread.

Thanks!

~*~ Pio

Last edited by piosenniel; 11-10-2004 at 03:47 PM.
Old 11-11-2004, 08:20 AM   #284
Orofaniel
Mighty Mouse of Mordor

Orofaniel has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Orofaniel
Save filled.

Pio: In your post I got the impression that Galhardir had been shot in the leg, but in my post before that I wrote that he had been shot in the arm. I just wanted to let you know that because, instead of removing anything, I let Galhardir be injured both places.

Toodles,
Oro
Old 11-11-2004, 11:24 AM   #285
piosenniel
Desultory Dwimmerlaik

1420!

Oops!

Good save of my mistake!

Thanks!

~*~ Pio
Old 11-11-2004, 02:26 PM   #286
Lalwendė
A Mere Boggart

Lalwendė is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Lalwendė is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
I'm thinking up my next post for Tarn, and I was going to obviously have him on the ship suffering badly; while I was thinking about it, I thought, 'ah, there is the Corsair who he helped on the ice, he would be there too'. It wouldn't be 'bad form' to make up a name for that Corsair would it? I'm only going to have him there in the 'recovery' post.
Old 11-11-2004, 05:08 PM   #287
Regin Hardhammer
Shade of Carn Dūm

Regin Hardhammer has just left Hobbiton.
Typing quietly on my laptop at school....

Lalwende - I don't see a problem with this. Just give us a two or three sentence mini-profile on the discussion thread to let us know who this person is.

~Regin
Old 11-12-2004, 03:10 AM   #288
Lalwendė
A Mere Boggart

Lalwendė is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Lalwendė is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Typing sneakily at work before anyone else gets in....

Cheers! I will make sure to do this - now I need to hurry up and think of a name for 'anonymous injured corsair' as he is known to me right now...

EDIT:
As already mentioned I want to mention an injured Corsair in my next post where Tarn is lying in agony on the Corsair ship after his thorough pasting at the hands of Annu. This is the Corsair who Tarn helped off the ice after the battle there.

Regan - A Corsair sailor, he is in his late thirties, around the same age as Tarn. He has dark hair and a black beard. He is a hardened sea-dog, and carries around his flask of fiery spirit everywhere with him; he finds it can also be a useful thing to offer to any man whose comradeship he wishes to foster. This is how he got to know Tarn, when the holes in the ice were being dug. Tarn rescued him from the ice, and he was not in the latest battle. He helps Tarn out in his turn now.

Last edited by Lalwendė; 11-12-2004 at 02:32 PM.
Old 11-13-2004, 12:03 PM   #289
Lalwendė
A Mere Boggart

Thumbs up

I've filled in my save - hope it's all spelled correctly, I've just got myself a laptop and I'm getting used to the freaky new keyboard and mouse affair, so I'm hoping I've made no typos. Quite funny really, the first thing I do is write my RPG post.

What's the next move then? I have to say, I really enjoyed those last few posts, the words fair flowed out, and there's been some great stuff to read!
Old 11-13-2004, 01:04 PM   #290
Niluial
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Niluial has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Niluial Send a message via MSN to Niluial
Ok, I'm going to talk to Imladris this evening on msn about the post I missed. I'll try and plan it out and get the post up soon...

Best Wishes,
Niluial
Old 11-13-2004, 05:45 PM   #291
Regin Hardhammer
Shade of Carn Dūm

Thumbs up

Quote:
What's the next move then?
Lalwende (and everyone else) --

We're coming around to the final few weeks of our game. Here is the general outline we'll be working from:

1. Elves find and take the large Stone. Mild storm blows up, their ship struggles to stay off the sandbar, and the ship’s mast cracks (courtesy of Marreth). Elves struggle to rig up a temporary sail.

2. Meanwhile, Corsairs are watching and come roaring out to the same spot. Using seals, they retrieve the second, smaller Stone.

3. Elves manage to regain limited sailing power. They come towards the Corsair vessel intending to attack.

3. Marreth orders the Elven ship to halt: he demands the Elves turn over the larger stone or the kidnapped Elf will walk the plank.

4. At this point, I understand that Luindal has a slight trick up his sleeve. (Drat that Elf!)

4. The two ships draw abreast and general combat ensues….

Imladris

Could you send me a note how you'd like to resolve (or intensify) the relations between Jynne and Marreth? I would like some help on this. Let me know what you had in mind, I'll get back with you. I also have one possible idea which I will forward to you.

I'll do a short post for the save spot where Marreth hears about Diera's death and has his suspicions but resolves not to do anything till he is certain.... (At this point, you are as likely to end up on that plank as the female Elf!) We need to make a decision quickly on this since the game is drawing nearer to the end.

~Regin

Edit: Imladris, Check you pms. I've sent you a note.

Last edited by Regin Hardhammer; 11-13-2004 at 05:54 PM.
Old 11-14-2004, 01:42 AM   #292
piosenniel
Desultory Dwimmerlaik

1420!

I've filled in my SAVE - the Elves are now looking beneath the waters just off the sandbar for the palantiri.

~*~

Cami

Feel free to use Rōg as needed in you next post.

~*~ Pio
Old 11-14-2004, 08:21 AM   #293
Lalwendė
A Mere Boggart

We are almost at the end? All things must pass... I shall relish every moment left to the game then. This has been my first RPG here, apart from the 'Dragon, and I hope I shall find another good one afterwards. Had a good idea for a game myself, but I'm nowhere near brave enough to have a go at running any games; I'll sit on it for a while I think.

I will concentrate on getting Tarn ready to get out to join in with the final battle. He should also be ready with the seals. I've grown quite fond of the rogue, so let's hope he comes to no further harm.
Old 11-14-2004, 01:31 PM   #294
Regin Hardhammer
Shade of Carn Dūm

Imladris,

Please check your pms concerning Jynne....

~Regin
Old 11-15-2004, 02:11 AM   #295
Arry
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Arry has just left Hobbiton.
Niluial and Oro

Hope you don't mind, but I've put both of you in the big boat with Annū.

The Elves are keeping watch on the pesky Corsairs, while the Lossoth are assisting to get the ropes and nets and floats ready.

Luindal is in the other boat, the same boat that Rōg was in - we are in the boat with most of the equipment.

Let me know if I need to edit anything.
Old 11-16-2004, 06:54 AM   #296
Regin Hardhammer
Shade of Carn Dūm

Imladris, Niluial,

We still have a loose thread hanging in the game. See post #199. It is where Jynne tries to start a conversation with Andtuariel. The female Elf doesn't answer.

I have two suggestions how to tie this up fast. Both involve edits to post 199 by Imladris. Since this happened some while ago in the game, I prefer we slightly change Jynne's post rather than having a response by Niluial.

Either we could have the last sentence of the post be the Elf glaring back at Jynne, or perhaps spitting in his face. (Don't know if she is too delicate to do that?) Or Imladris could edit by not saying anything to her, but just staring at her and thinking something evil. This would just involve the final sentence or two.

Could you two decide either by pms or on the discussion thread and have Imaldris make the change? Please do this by Friday morning, or let me know if there's a problem.

Many thanks.

Speaking of saves that didn't get filled.....Ishould talk. Sorry about mine. I have half a day of school today (yeah!) and will get at it this afternoon.

~Regin
Old 11-16-2004, 11:13 AM   #297
Imladris
Tears of the Phoenix

Imladris has just left Hobbiton.
Edited:

Quote:
"Elf," said Jynne. "You wouldn't happen to know anything that would be of interest to us, would you?"

The elf straigtened and buttoned her lips, glaring at him. He was foolish to think that she would have betrayed her people.

Old 11-16-2004, 11:17 AM   #298
Niluial
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Niluial has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Niluial Send a message via MSN to Niluial
Arry - That is fine. Thank you .

[b}Regin[/b] - That takes a lot of pressure off, thank you! Much better...

Best Wishes,
Niluial
Old 11-16-2004, 05:05 PM   #299
Regin Hardhammer
Shade of Carn Dūm

Thumbs up

Imladris, Niluial

Many thanks for getting on it so fast. That looks fine. I even got my own save filled in.

Imladris -- The floor is yours. Ifyou don't have time to do the post, just put up a save. We need to get this into the story at the point before the mast snaps.

~Regin
Old 11-16-2004, 05:43 PM   #300
Imladris
Tears of the Phoenix

Tolkien

My save has been filled.

The ball is in your court now Regin....but I would ask that you edit your post so that Jynne is not startled....I think that he would have been expecting Marreth's visit. Thank you...

Old 11-17-2004, 12:30 AM   #301
Regin Hardhammer
Shade of Carn Dūm

Edit done,and save put up. I fear I have been robbed of my revenge. That poison looks to do its work before I can even get a good jab in! I will be glad to describe it from that angle.....

Would you object if Jynne's final jab at Marreth as he lies dying would be to reveal who hired him and for what purpose? This seems suitable for Jynne andwill provide Marreth with a real conundrum.... At first, the poor Corsair will not believe his ears, but he can later confirm this piece of information by rummaging through Jynne's papers. He won't be pleased.

Would you want me to finish Jynne off in my own post, or shall I just lead up to the point of his dying and the revelation for you to write? .....Or did you have something else in mind?

~Regin
Old 11-17-2004, 12:36 AM   #302
Imladris
Tears of the Phoenix

Tolkien

Sure go ahead with Jynne's confession....verbal poison as it were..

Remember the vial that Jynne tucked in his sleeve? He will throw that at Marreth -- and it will burn him. 'Tis your job to figure out how Marreth will get out of it...

Old 11-18-2004, 12:34 AM   #303
Regin Hardhammer
Shade of Carn Dūm

Thumbs up

Save filled. That was fun.

Imladris- If there is anything I should change, let me know.

Luindal One scoundrel down....one to go. Better watch out.
Old 11-19-2004, 07:17 AM   #304
Regin Hardhammer
Shade of Carn Dūm

Pio,

I was going to put up a save for when the Corsair ship goes out in the Bay and sees the large Stone being lifted onto the deck of the Elven ship. However, I think this should go before Imaldris' post where Jarlyn dies. If Marreth knew that his officer and close friend had croaked, he would probably need to deal with that--at least mentally--especially since he's lost his two most trusted officers within the space of twenty-four hours. I would rather wait to deal with all that till nearer the end of the game.

So could I put my post on the discussion thread and then you could paste it in right after yours where you haul the Stone up?

That way, Marreth and his men will all be too busy to check on Jarlyn in his cabin, at least for the moment.

I really hope to get this post done today after school. Otherwise, it won't be till Sunday that I have a free minute.

Imladris

That was a surprise about Jarlyn! It's been fun gaming. Hope I get to play with you again.

~Regin

Last edited by Regin Hardhammer; 11-19-2004 at 07:20 AM.
Old 11-19-2004, 11:02 AM   #305
piosenniel
Desultory Dwimmerlaik

Regin

No problem! Go ahead and leave it on the discussion thread and I'll move it for you.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My SAVE is filled.

Ha ha!!!! The Elves now have the large globe aboard!

~*~ Pio

Last edited by piosenniel; 11-19-2004 at 12:44 PM.
Old 11-22-2004, 12:07 AM   #306
Regin Hardhammer
Shade of Carn Dūm

Here is my post for the save space.... Pio, could you paste this in?

Marreth had never suspected Lord Castamir to be spying on himself. Had he always been monitoring Marreth, or was this an extra precaution that had been taken to safeguard the Palantiri? Marreth had never been focused on the Stones themselves, because his use for them was limited. He did not have political aspirations, preferring to voyage the sea in search of lute and plunder, rather than hatching schemes inside an office. Vengeance welled deep in his heart against the Gondorians, the murderers of his father, and the personal glory he would gain both mattered much more to him than actually using the Stones. But betrayal, either by Lord Castamir or his agent, made Marreth’s blood boil like the water in his tea kettle. Marreth vowed to seize these powerful weapons and use them against Gondor, because of the anguish he knew it would cause to Castamir, watching his most desired treasure being reaped by another.

His eyes scaned the horizon, and Marreth began to pull his thoughts away from the vile Castamir and focus on the immediate task of securing the Palantiri. Marreth had not succeeded so far, but he realized that his mission must continue, whatever the betrayal Castamir had made, since the thought of allowing the Stones to reach Gondor caused a visceral pain in his stomach.

As he sat weighing yet another tactic to use against the Elves, he saw something sparkling in the dull blue waters. Marreth turned his head and watched in horror as the Elvish ship pulled a large opaque stone from the sea using a winch and nets. Beside the ship, Marreth noticed a seal barking towards one of the Elves on board who then flashing a big grin, which he thought was rather odd. The seal, once on board the smaller ship, changed shape into a man with brown hair and olive skin before Marreth’s very eyes. Marreth had heard of shapechangers before in tales told on his travels, but he had never actually seen one. So that’s how they found it, thought Marreth. Even with the most trained seal, a human would be able to search out the Stones and find them faster than the Corsairs ever would.

After he stopped cursing and kicking furniture, Marreth calmed down enough to realize that if the Elves have found one Stone, the other probably would not be far away. All they had to do was find it, it, attack the Luindal's ship, capture the other Palantiri, and send those on board to a grave on the ocean floor below the wall of ice which would soon cover the water’s surface. Marreth was confident of his victory because, although he could handle the sword deftly, his greatest strength lie on naval warfare, where his ship was swifter than a shark.

With a holler, Marreth blared to the ship’s crew, “Boys, it was a bad bit of luck that the Elves got the first Palantiri, but there’s still another one out there. And we are going to go out and get it before those stinking Elves do. It probably isn’t too far from the spot that they found the first one. After we take the other stone, we will launch an attack on those Elvish vermin so hard that their ship will be shattered into driftwood. Let’s get moving.”
Old 11-22-2004, 12:15 AM   #307
Regin Hardhammer
Shade of Carn Dūm

Orofaniel, Niluial,

Please fill in your saves from Nov 15 and 16, or delete them. Whatever works best for you.

Also, Oro please clean out your mailbox. It said it is full.

~Regin
Old 11-22-2004, 08:22 AM   #308
Orofaniel
Mighty Mouse of Mordor

Orofaniel has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Orofaniel
White-Hand

Regin- PM box cleard. Sorry about that...

Save is filled. Hope it works for you Arry. If not; tell me where to edit.

Also, apologise for my recent absence. I'll get a grip, I promise.
Old 11-22-2004, 01:36 PM   #309
Arry
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Arry has just left Hobbiton.
Thumbs up

Looks good, Oro!

-- Arry
Old 11-22-2004, 03:43 PM   #310
Child of the 7th Age
Spirit of the Lonely Star

Child of the 7th Age is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
My save is filled.....I've given a possible latch for either Rōg or Galhardir to comment on Marreth's villainy.
Old 11-23-2004, 07:54 PM   #311
Regin Hardhammer
Shade of Carn Dūm

I am off of school tomorrow and hope to fill in my save then.

The seizing of the second stone should lead into the concluding battle scenes. Hope everyone will find time to add in a final post to help wrap things up.

~Regin
Old 11-24-2004, 01:29 AM   #312
piosenniel
Desultory Dwimmerlaik

Niluial

Please note I have removed your SAVE. It's been a week now since it was put on the game thread.

If you'd like to post something to do with the earlier part of the game, please place it on the Discussion thread with direction of where you would like it to go, and either I or Cami will place it for you.

Thanks!

~*~ Pio, game moderator
Old 11-24-2004, 02:02 PM   #313
Regin Hardhammer
Shade of Carn Dūm

My save is filled. We got the second Stone. The Corsair ship is headed straight for the Spirit, which is still stranded in the water.

- Regin
Old 11-24-2004, 06:34 PM   #314
Kitanna
Child of the West

Kitanna is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kitanna is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Shield

I put up a save, but I'm not going to be able to fill it until Saturday. Sunday at the latest. Hope that's ok.
Old 11-25-2004, 01:12 AM   #315
Child of the 7th Age
Spirit of the Lonely Star

Child of the 7th Age is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Thumbs up

My save is filled. The dastardly Corsairs are signalling to the Elven ship. We shall see what they want.....

I've used a number of characters in my own post very briefly in order to forward the action. If anyone is uncomfortable with what I've done in terms of their particular character, just let me know and we can change it.

Cami
Old 11-25-2004, 01:08 PM   #316
Regin Hardhammer
Shade of Carn Dūm

The saves are lining up. I have put up one myself.

Niluial - Are you out there? Please respond to my pms from this week. Many thanks.

- Regin
Old 11-26-2004, 03:32 PM   #317
Regin Hardhammer
Shade of Carn Dūm

Whoops! Speaking of unfilled saves....

This holiday weekend has turned out more hectic than I thought. I won't get to fill in my save till Saturday night or, at worse, Sunday. But I have written down what's going to happen. So if you want to go ahead from there before I fill in, please do.

- Regin
Old 11-27-2004, 02:12 AM   #318
piosenniel
Desultory Dwimmerlaik

Any character that goes missing for a two week period of time can be "killed off" or "lost" and will be out of the game. - The Red Book of Westmarch

Niluial

You have not posted to the game since 11/03 (excluding your SAVE of 11/16 which was never filled in).

Your characters will now be assigned to other players to carry-along, and may be killed off.

~*~ Pio, Game Moderator
Old 11-27-2004, 08:55 AM   #319
Lalwendė
A Mere Boggart

My save is now filled in.

Kitanna - if you want to do some work with those seals, feel free!
Old 11-27-2004, 05:10 PM   #320
Kitanna
Child of the West

Kitanna is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kitanna is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Shield

Filled in my save.

Lalwendė~ I brought in two seals that are Nilak's to help look for the stone.