User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-17-2004, 12:26 PM   #1
piosenniel
Desultory Dwimmerlaik

piosenniel is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
The Eye Mirkwood Endgame Planning Thread

* PLEASE NOTE: THE DISCUSSION THREAD FOR THE GAME BEGINS WITH POST #73 OF THIS COMBINED THREAD *

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The purpose of this Planning thread is to finish the Game Plan for the Mirkwood Endgame RPG.

No one is to post here at the moment except:

Thalionyulma, Vitto, Eiz, Tarlaphiel, Fair Amaryllis, GreatWarg, Gayahithwen, and the Shire Moderators

All other posts will be deleted.

Writers whom Thalionyulma has invited to play in the game will be able to give their input at a later date, once the basic Game Proposal Form is filled in.

Thanks!

~*~ Piosenniel, Shire Moderator

--------------------------------------------------------

Original MIRKWOOD RPG - Here

Original MIRKWOOD DISCUSSION - Here

Last edited by piosenniel; 06-05-2005 at 02:14 AM.
Old 07-17-2004, 12:30 PM   #2
piosenniel
Desultory Dwimmerlaik

Silmaril

Thali - here's what we have so far. Please take a close look at it and see that it is alright with you.

Then you need to start filling in the rest of the proposal form.

Once that is done - your Dedicated Players can begin putting their Character Bios and First Posts for the Game on this planning thread.

~*~ Pio
Old 07-17-2004, 12:33 PM   #3
piosenniel
Desultory Dwimmerlaik

Silmaril

Mirkwood Endgame RPG --- Thalionyulma

HISTORICAL BACKGROUND:

The War of the Ring begins in 3018 Third Age.

At the time of this game, the Necromancer, Sauron, is no longer in Dol Guldur – he was driven out in 2941 Third Age, the same year that Smaug was killed.

Three Nazgul retook Dol Guldur in 2951 Third Age. Armies from Dol Guldur attacked Lorien and the Woodland Realm during the War of the Ring. Dol Guldur was finally torn down after the fall of Sauron when Celeborn took it and Galadriel threw down its wall and cleansed its pits

~*~

From Gilthalion’s introduction to the original game:

The story for this game begins several years before the War of the Ring. The characters will not be aware of the events surrounding that war, since they have not happened yet! Nevertheless, some of the characters from LORD OF THE RINGS are alive and active at the time, so the characters might meet one by chance.

Mirkwood in these days is largely inhabited by the Silvan Elves. There may be some men on the northwest fringes near the valley of the northern Anduin. The Elves of the Golden Wood are far away and have not been seen in many, many years by their distant relatives in the Woodland Realm of Thranduil. The great forest has become unwholesome in many places, especially in the south. Dol Goldur is there, and the Necromancer has been vanquished. Yet, the evil place stands and has been left unguarded since that day...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

BASIC STORYLINE:

A small group journeys from Thranduil's Realm towards Dol Guldor, in hopes of uncovering the dark events happening in the mighty forest once known as Greenwood the Great. Men and other dark creatures have been invading the Realm, bringing disturbing news. Elven abodes have been raided, inhabitants killed or captured for unknown purpose. Each event getting closer and closer to the quiet Woodland realm. An assasination attempt had been thwarted, puzzling clues gathered. The group must uncover the origin of these events and its evil intent before darkness engulfs the Woodland Realm.

The small group now draws nearer Dol Guldor, but each path that brings them closer, brings them closer to danger they've never expected. Another group unexpectedly is captured and also is headed unwittingly to the same destination. And unkown to all, an army gathers at the foot of Dol Guldor - an army intent on one thing. The destruction of Thranduil's Realm, preventing any assistance to their kin in the West.

PURPOSE OF THE STORY:

Uncover the mystery of the events happening all over Mirkwood. Discover the truth within Dol Goldur, and journey back to Thranduil to warn the Woodland Realm of the dangers that lie ahead.

STARTING LOCATION: Near the foothills of Dol Guldor

LIKELY DESTINATION: The main destination is to penetrate Dol Guldor's defenses and enter the dark hill. Final destination is to get the information back to Thranduil.

WE WILL KNOW THE GAME IS DONE WHEN:

Once the truth has been discovered and news delivered to Thranduil & a warning sent to Lorien, the story has ended. The army's powerful characters being eliminated, its purpose temporarily thwarted, then the game is resolved.

TIME FRAME:

The year is 3014 T.A. - four years before the War of the Ring.

The storyline or plot for the story requires: 4 months gametime - (Afterlithe(July) through Winterfilth(October)

This game requires a time commitment of: 3 MONTHS (12 WEEKS) from me, the game owner, and from the major players.

TIME LINE:

Afterlithe (July) - The story begins near the foothills of Dol Guldor
  • within a week Rudhchamion's group discover Muru, as she attacks Taralphiel, in an attempt to capture the young maiden
  • the group discovers the Wargriders raiding party
  • dark elf discover Warzgarz's patrol whic leads them near the Orc encampent ( are delayed in deciding to head back to Thranduil or continue)
  • Rudhchamion decides to continue on, planning to enter the fortress of Dol Guldor after Khelek discovers the hidden path
  • The group encounters an ALLY
~*~

August (Wedmath)
  • A near capture by a group of orcs, 1 enemy escapes
  • several cavern entrances are discovered, a decision is made after some time
  • stumbles upon a great spiders lair
  • forced to backtrack and choose another cavern
  • discover the presence of prisoners, noted the near mindless state of each
  • they discover & follow a group of hooded figures leading a small group of what looks like male and female elves & witness to their horror, how the prisoners, human & elven are "bent"
~*~

September (Halimath)
  • they catch a glimpse of another group, and 1 who is familiar to Taralphiel
  • Encounters Muru & her minions... Muru is slain (vanquished), but for a price 1 companion is badly wounded
  • after hiding & resting for some days, the group continues as they decide a rescue
  • by another path they come closer to Eriador's prison and a rescue is made
  • more tales unfold by Eriador and another freed prisoner
  • patrol is tightened, the group is forced to use another path
  • they learn of the Nazgul inside
  • the group decides to head back to Thranduil

October (Winterfilth)
  • they are met by Warzgarz's troops, Rhud recognizes the orc captain as at his people's slaying, a fierce fight ensues & barely escapes
  • are assisted by Lar & Rin back to the Thranduil's Realm, passing through nearly the eaves of Leog Ninglorin/Gladden Fields
  • Thranduil is told all of what the group has seen & witnessed, Laryelion bids the King's permission leave to give warning to Lorien

CHARACTER LIST

DEDICATED PLAYERS: with Character Bios and First Posts

--------

Additional Characters Needed

Character Description Form:

For your character please include:

NAME:

RACE:

WEAPONS (No magical, super-hero, mithril weapons. Just good solid Middle-earth weapons and armor only that is appropriate to the race of the character and the time period.):

APPEARANCE:

PERSONALITY/STRENGTHS/WEAKNESSES: (No half-Elven characters. No mixed-type characters. No super-heroes. No assassins. No one all powerful, martial arts proficient, or having any magical traits. Just regular characters with normal abilities for their races only):

HISTORY:

First post:

This is a requirement for this game. Character Descriptions without a First Post attached will be sent back to the writer. They may be submitted again, once there is a First Post to go with them.

Last edited by piosenniel; 08-03-2004 at 02:11 AM.
Old 07-17-2004, 12:34 PM   #4
piosenniel
Desultory Dwimmerlaik

Silmaril

THALIONYULMAPlease list all the characters for me who will appear in your game, including your character, all the other writer’s characters that you have invited to play, and the exact number and race of any extra character roles you might need
Old 07-25-2004, 07:26 PM   #5
Thalionyulma
Shade of Carn Dûm

Thalionyulma has just left Hobbiton.
So far these characters have accepted my invitation:

1.)Taralphiel- who'll be playing Taralphiel & Eriador
2.)Amaryllis- who'll be playing Amaryllis
3.)Vitto- has agreed to play Warzgarz(as soon as she posts at the Green Dragon Inn!)
4.)Eiz- will be playing Muru

Vital characters still needed are:

Anarya
Laryelion
Gayahithwen
Deagon

I've given enough time for the previous players to answer so I'm recruiting

I'll have post w/in 24 hrs. on updates as I hustle in more recruits- but invitation is still open!

Quote:
where/how will Amaryllis fit in here?
I still have loose ends in the Mirkwood proper... I want to show the uneasy affairs happening at Thranduil's realm, so I need a small group there- who'll aide Rudchamion's return to the woodland king. A group who'll eventually send word to Lorien once the truth is discovered and word is sent to Thranduil.

I may "kill off" the other characters who were part of Amaryllis group- pity though a wild elf like Sauche & naive Gayahithwen would have made things interesting.
Old 07-25-2004, 10:54 PM   #6
piosenniel
Desultory Dwimmerlaik

Characters ------- Player

1.) Rudchamion ------- Thalionyulma

2.) Taralphiel ------- Taralphiel

3.) Eriador ------- Taralphiel

4.) Amaryllis ------- Amaryllis

5.) Warzgarz ------- Vitto

6.) Eiz ------- Muru

~*~

Players still needed:

7.) Anarya ------- ???

8.) Laryelion ------- ???

9.) Gayahithwen ------- ???

10.) Deagon ------- ???

Does the above look right to you - that there are 4 characters open for players to try out for once the proposal is finished and I've put the Game's Discussion Thread up?

-----

What I need now is this:

Please take this list of characters and tell me what race each of them is (Elf - what kind; Man - what sort; Orc; Evil being; etc . . .)

Rudchamion
Taralphiel
Eriador
Amaryllis
Warzgarz
Muru
Anarya
Laryelion
Gayahithwen
Deagon
Old 07-30-2004, 08:11 PM   #7
Thalionyulma
Shade of Carn Dûm

Quote:
...What I need now is this:
1.Rudchamion- Dark elf, of the Nandor which eventually where known as the Silvan Elves

2.Rinurion - Silvan elf of Thranduil's guard, a captain of one of the patrols (I am thinking of playing this character but will leave his character available to anyone who'll be interested... he'll be needed in the story and I regret having failed to list him in the first place!)

3.Taralphiel - human, young female

4.Eriador - human male

5.Amaryllis - Elf maiden of Thranduil's realm

6.Anarya - Elf maiden of Thranduil's realm

7.Laryelion - An elven warrior from Lorien, sent by the Lady to find news regarding the disturbances in Mirkwood that threaten Lorien

8.Gayahithwen - Elf maiden/kitchen elf of Thranduil's realm

9.*Deagon - Silvan elf of Mirkwood who patrolled the woods, his sister was captured by orcs, being forced to betray the elven kingdom

Villains
Warzgarz - Orc Captain of Sauron's army
Muru - closest being akin to a vampire/vampyre, last of her kind; the name means Primevil Night; original idea came from Thuringwethil- (from BoLT/Lay of Leithian)

Quote:
- that there are 4 characters open for players to try out for once the proposal is finished and I've put the Game's Discussion Thread up?
- yes that's about right. If there are any who'll be interested in joining but want to use/be a different character than what's listed... it'll be acceptable if the character will fit in the story - right?
Old 07-30-2004, 11:03 PM   #8
piosenniel
Desultory Dwimmerlaik

Thalionyulma

I need you to work on this part of the game now:

Games in the Shire have a limited number of weeks for playing - yours has the maximum of 12 weeks.

Please look at your timeline below and decide how many weeks of your allotted 12 weeks you want to spend on each section.

That way, you as game owner, can keep your game moving forward in a timely manner.

TIME LINE:

• within a week Rudhchamion's group discover Muru, as she attacks Taralphiel, in an attempt to capture the young maiden
  • dark elf discover Warzgarz's patrol whic leads them near the Orc encampent ( are delayed in deciding to head back to Thranduil or continue)
  • Rudhchamion decides to continue on, planning to enter the fortress of Dol Guldor after Khelek discovers the hidden path
~*~

August (Wedmath)
  • they discover & follow a group of hooded figures leading a small group of what looks like male and female elves & witness to their horror, how the prisoners, human & elven are "bent"
~*~

September (Halimath)
  • Encounters Muru & her minions... Muru is slain (vanquished), but for a price 1 companion is badly wounded
  • after hiding & resting for some days, the group continues as they decide a rescue
~*~

October (Winterfilth)
  • they are met by Warzgarz's troops, Rhud recognizes the orc captain as at his people's slaying, a fierce fight ensues & barely escapes
  • are assisted by Lar & Rin back to the Thranduil's Realm, passing through nearly the eaves of Leog Ninglorin/Gladden Fields
  • Thranduil is told all of what the group has seen & witnessed, Laryelion bids the King's permission leave to give warning to Lorien

Also:

CHARACTERS NEEDEDThese are the ones for whom there are no present players.

1.) Anarya ------- Elf maiden of Thranduil's realm

2.) Laryelion ------- An elven warrior from Lorien, sent by the Lady to find news regarding the disturbances in Mirkwood that threaten Lorien

3.) Gayahithwen ------- Elf maiden/kitchen elf of Thranduil's realm

4.) Deagon ------- Silvan elf of Mirkwood who patrolled the woods, his sister was captured by orcs, being forced to betray the elven kingdom

----------------------------------

It’s too much to ask newcomers to be familiar with the former Mirkwood Game and the characters so -

Instead of having people pick up the above characters – why don’t we do this:

CHARACTERS NEEDED

3 Silvan Elves of Mirkwood – males

(Guards/warriors who are on patrol in Mirkwood)

~*~

1 Elf of Lorien – male

(An elven warrior from Lorien, sent by the Lady to find news regarding the disturbances in Mirkwood that threaten Lorien)

Last edited by piosenniel; 07-31-2004 at 12:03 AM.
Old 08-02-2004, 06:26 PM   #9
Thalionyulma
Shade of Carn Dûm

PIO,

I need to edit the following characters who are part of core the group:

1. Khelek - the white wolf-pup who had become an exception to the rule, and a faithful companion to Rudhchamion.

2. Anarya - is the Silvan elf-maiden whom Thranduil had given special orders to accompany Rudhchamion. It is she who persists in getting Rudhchamion to look deeper into the matter and beyond his oath for revenge.

**This is one reason why Anarya's character is important. And I haven't found anyone who can play the character.

Khelek's creator (GreatWarg) has answered my invitation (just in time too, cause I was about ready in playing a wolf-pup!).

I plan to keep Amaryllis (and the Silvan elves busy in Mirkwood too):
Other characters, or rather, antagonists that will be attacking Amaryllis group will be attacked up until Muru is "vanquished" and Warzgarz defeated. They'll assist the main characters back to Thranduil's kingdom by giving aid just in time before the pursuing enemies attempt their capture.

How does this sound?

Anything else I've missed?

Quote:
It’s too much to ask newcomers to be familiar with the former Mirkwood Game and the characters so -
Agreed.

Last edited by Thalionyulma; 08-02-2004 at 06:30 PM.
Old 08-03-2004, 01:21 AM   #10
piosenniel
Desultory Dwimmerlaik

REQUEST # 1

Thalionyulma

So, the character list now looks like this, correct?:

DEDICATED CHARACTERS

Character ------- Player

1.) Rudchamion ------- Thalionyulma
  • Dark elf, of the Nandor which eventually where known as the Silvan Elves

2.) Rinurion ------- Thalionyulma
  • Silvan elf of Thranduil's guard, a captain of one of the patrols

3.) Taralphiel ------- Taralphiel
  • human, young female

4.) Eriador ------- Taralphiel
  • human male

5.) Amaryllis ------- Amaryllis
  • Elf maiden of Thranduil's realm

6.) Warzgarz ------- Vitto
  • Orc Captain of Sauron's army

7.) Muru ------- Eiz
  • closest being akin to a vampire/vampyre, last of her kind; the name means Primevil Night; original idea came from Thuringwethil- (from BoLT/Lay of Leithian)
  • Please note – this will be an evil creature/possibly a corrupted maia who is capable of taking on bat form – She will not be a modern type/blood-sucking vampire of the Anne Rice/Dracula sort.

8.) Khelek ------- Great Warg
  • white wolf-pup who had become an exception to the rule, and a faithful companion to Rudhchamion

9.) Anarya ------- No Player As Yet
  • Silvan elf-maiden whom Thranduil had given special orders to accompany Rudhchamion. It is she who persists in getting Rudhchamion to look deeper into the matter and beyond his oath for revenge

ADDITIONAL CHARACTERS NEEDED

2 Silvan Elves of Mirkwood – males

~*~

1 Elf of Lorien – male

(An elven warrior from Lorien, sent by the Lady to find news regarding the disturbances in Mirkwood that threaten Lorien)

~*~
  • Note on Elven characters in Shire Games:

Please use this description from Tolkien when crafting an Elf:

Return of the King – Appendix F: Tolkien’s description for the Quendi (The Speakers) – the name given to the Elves by themselves after they first awoke in Middle-earth.

“They were a race high and beautiful, the older Children of the world, and among them the Eldar were as Kings, who now are gone: the People of the Great Journey, the People of the Stars. They were tall, fair of skin and grey-eyed, though their locks were dark, save in the golden house of Finrod; and their voices had more melodies than any mortal voice that is now heard . . .”

Please use this as a guideline for describing your Elven character’s appearance.

Last edited by piosenniel; 08-03-2004 at 01:45 AM.
Old 08-03-2004, 01:43 AM   #11
piosenniel
Desultory Dwimmerlaik

REQUEST #2

Thalionyulma

I need you to work on this part of the game now:

Games in the Shire have a limited number of weeks for playing - yours has the maximum of 12 weeks.

Please look at your timeline below and decide how many weeks of your allotted 12 weeks you want to spend on each section.

That way, you as game owner, can keep your game moving forward in a timely manner.

TIME LINE:

Afterlithe (July) - The story begins near the foothills of Dol Guldor - HOW MANY OF YOUR 12 WEEKS FOR THIS SECTION?
~*~

August (Wedmath) - HOW MANY OF YOUR 12 WEEKS FOR THIS SECTION?
~*~

September (Halimath) - HOW MANY OF YOUR 12 WEEKS FOR THIS SECTION?
~*~

October (Winterfilth) - HOW MANY OF YOUR 12 WEEKS FOR THIS SECTION?
Old 08-05-2004, 12:44 PM   #12
Thalionyulma
Shade of Carn Dûm

Here's the suggested Timeline:

TIME LINE:

Afterlithe (July) - The story begins near the foothills of Dol Guldor - 2 WEEKS

Within a week Rudhchamion's group discover Muru, as she attacks Taralphiel, in an attempt to capture the young maiden

The group discovers the Wargriders raiding party

Dark elf discover Warzgarz's patrol which leads them near the Orc encampent ( are delayed in deciding to head back to Thranduil or continue)

Rudhchamion decides to continue on, planning to enter the fortress of Dol Guldor after Khelek discovers the hidden path

The group encounters an ALLY

~*~

August (Wedmath) - 4 WEEKS

A near capture by a group of orcs, 1 enemy escapes

Several cavern entrances are discovered, a decision is made after some time
stumbles upon a great spiders lair

Forced to backtrack and choose another cavern

Discover the presence of prisoners, noted the near mindless state of each

They discover & follow a group of hooded figures leading a small group of what looks like male and female elves & witness to their horror, how the prisoners, human & elven are "bent"

~*~

September (Halimath) - 4 WEEKS

They catch a glimpse of another group, and 1 who is familiar to Taralphiel

Encounter Muru & her minions... Muru is slain (vanquished), but for a price 1 companion is badly wounded

After hiding & resting for some days, the group continues as they decide a rescue
by another path they come closer to Eriador's prison and a rescue is made

More tales unfold by Eriador and another freed prisoner

Patrol is tightened, the group is forced to use another path

They learn of the Nazgul inside

The group decides to head back to Thranduil

~*~

October (Winterfilth) - 2 WEEKS

They are met by Warzgarz's troops, Rhud recognizes the orc captain as at his people's slaying, a fierce fight ensues & barely escapes

Are assisted by Lar & Rin back to the Thranduil's Realm, passing through nearly the eaves of Leog Ninglorin/Gladden Fields

Thranduil is told all of what the group has seen & witnessed, Laryelion bids the King's permission leave to give warning to Lorien

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

-- Does this look realistic?

Last edited by piosenniel; 08-05-2004 at 06:26 PM.
Old 08-05-2004, 06:34 PM   #13
piosenniel
Desultory Dwimmerlaik

1420!

This looks good to me - giving the main part of your time allotment to the middlesections of your story is good.

It's mainly for your benefit as the owner, that you make this decision - so that you can prod the storyline along when it needs to be prodded.

I'm going to ask now - that each of your Dedicated Players:

Taralphiel

Vitto

Eiz

Fair Amaryllis (this is the player you mean when you refer to Amaryllis, correct?)

GreatWarg

check into this thread with an "I'm Here!" post.

You will all need to start on your Character Bios - which I'll discuss when you've all checked in.

Thanks!

~*~ Pio

Last edited by piosenniel; 08-05-2004 at 06:40 PM.
Old 08-05-2004, 10:12 PM   #14
piosenniel
Desultory Dwimmerlaik

Here is the Game Proposal Form to date:

Mirkwood End Game RPG --- Thalionyulma

HISTORICAL BACKGROUND:

The War of the Ring begins in 3018 Third Age.

At the time of this game, the Necromancer, Sauron, is no longer in Dol Guldur – he was driven out in 2941 Third Age, the same year that Smaug was killed.

Three Nazgul retook Dol Guldur in 2951 Third Age. Armies from Dol Guldur attacked Lorien and the Woodland Realm during the War of the Ring. Dol Guldur was finally torn down after the fall of Sauron when Celeborn took it and Galadriel threw down its wall and cleansed its pits

~*~

From Gilthalion’s introduction to the original game:

The story for this game begins several years before the War of the Ring. The characters will not be aware of the events surrounding that war, since they have not happened yet! Nevertheless, some of the characters from LORD OF THE RINGS are alive and active at the time, so the characters might meet one by chance.

Mirkwood in these days is largely inhabited by the Silvan Elves. There may be some men on the northwest fringes near the valley of the northern Anduin. The Elves of the Golden Wood are far away and have not been seen in many, many years by their distant relatives in the Woodland Realm of Thranduil. The great forest has become unwholesome in many places, especially in the south. Dol Goldur is there, and the Necromancer has been vanquished. Yet, the evil place stands and has been left unguarded since that day...

BASIC STORYLINE:

A small group journeys from Thranduil's Realm towards Dol Guldor, in hopes of uncovering the dark events happening in the mighty forest once known as Greenwood the Great. Men and other dark creatures have been invading the Realm, bringing disturbing news. Elven abodes have been raided, inhabitants killed or captured for unknown purpose. Each event getting closer and closer to the quiet Woodland realm. An assasination attempt had been thwarted, puzzling clues gathered. The group must uncover the origin of these events and its evil intent before darkness engulfs the Woodland Realm.

The small group now draws nearer Dol Guldor, but each path that brings them closer, brings them closer to danger they've never expected. Another group unexpectedly is captured and also is headed unwittingly to the same destination. And unkown to all, an army gathers at the foot of Dol Guldor - an army intent on one thing. The destruction of Thranduil's Realm, preventing any assistance to their kin in the West.

PURPOSE OF THE STORY:

Uncover the mystery of the events happening all over Mirkwood. Discover the truth within Dol Goldur, and journey back to Thranduil to warn the Woodland Realm of the dangers that lie ahead.

STARTING LOCATION: Near the foothills of Dol Guldor

LIKELY DESTINATION: The main destination is to penetrate Dol Guldor's defenses and enter the dark hill. Final destination is to get the information back to Thranduil.

WE WILL KNOW THE GAME IS DONE WHEN:

Once the truth has been discovered and news delivered to Thranduil & a warning sent to Lorien, the story has ended. The army's powerful characters being eliminated, its purpose temporarily thwarted, then the game is resolved.

TIME FRAME:

The year is 3014 T.A. - four years before the War of the Ring.

The storyline or plot for the story requires: 4 months gametime - (Afterlithe(July) through Winterfilth(October)

This game requires a time commitment of: 3 MONTHS (12 WEEKS) from me, the game owner, and from the major players.

TIME LINE:

Afterlithe (July) - The story begins near the foothills of Dol Guldor – 2 weeks real time in play
~*~

August (Wedmath)4 weeks real time in play
~*~

September (Halimath) - 4 weeks real time in play

October (Winterfilth) - 2 weeks real time in play

DEDICATED CHARACTERS/PLAYERS

Thalionyulma's characters:

1.) NAME: Rûdhchamion

RACE: Silvan Elf

WEAPONS: Hunting bow & arrows, jewelled hunting knife (a gift from his sister- deceased)

APPEARANCE: Tall, with long dark raven-black hair, usually untied; grey-eyed; Garbed in green & brown leather hunting attire, aiding him to blend in the forest surroundings

PERSONALITY/STRENGTHS/WEAKNESSES: Rûdhchamion is a solitary being, quiet and easily content wandering & hunting in the woods. Has easy rapport with animals in the woods, and can communicate with most of them. He is an experienced fighter, possessing both excellent hunting and scouting skills. His thirst for vengeance blinds him at times, making him insensitive to those who try to get close to him. Although slow to anger, his temper sometimes gets the best of him, once it is triggered.

HISTORY:
The Dark Elf came from a nomadic group of elves who refused to be ruled by any king. He had been trained by his father to scout during the War of the Last Alliance at a very young age. Although he lived with his kin after the battle, roaming the eaves of the Great River, Anduin, they had lived last near the Gladden Fields (called Loeg Ningloron by Rûdhchamion's people). Two strangers were welcomed one day to rest awhile during one of their gatherings when his people was attacked by a group of orcs and men. His immediate family was killed, his twin sister Perennnauriel had died in his arms after being hit by a poisoned dart that was aimed at him. Only a handful had survived. The Dark Elf had devoted his days to hunting down his people's murderers. He had reached deep into Mirkwood, tracking down men he suspected would lead him to the murderers.

----------

Thalionyulma's post - Rudchamion ----- FIRST FOR GAME

The Dark Elf stirred slightly in the tree branch, hidden in the foliage of the leaves. The dawn was breaking in the horizon, streaks of gold and violet to red, splattered across the sky. From a distance, a faint sound of a bird's morning song started, then faded. These parts of the woods seemed darker and more somber. Not even a chirp could be heard for long.

The small group had been travelling for days. The two elves had come from Thranduil's Hall. One bidden by the Elvenking, the other because of a personal oath of vegeance. They had eventually stumbled upon the white wolf pup and a young human in their dangerous travel. They had reached the foot of Amon Lanc, now mostly known as Dol Guldur, a few days before. They had been unable to get closer as they avoided the orcs and patrolling parties of wargriders.

The Dark Elf took in his surroundings and sighed inwardly. He had never counted in doing the Elvenking's bidding, but it had served his purpose at that time. Because of mysterious raids and events in Mirkwood, Thranduil had had tightened his patrol in the Elven Realm. It had lead to the capture of the humans Rûdhchamion had been following, in hopes to finally get his revenge. Because of unexpected events, he had then met Anarya SilverBranch, who was biddened to follow the man upon his release. Of course Legolas, the Elvenking's son, knew the Dark Elf would follow the human. But he eventually left Anarya with Rûdhchamion to continue the quest. The human, Micanar, had lead them to the patrol of orcs, raising the suspicion something forboding was about.

He had unfortunately killed the man when they had fought. Which of course made things more complicated in reaching the rumored stronghold. Now a new enemy was making its presence known, haunting their human companion. Something ancient and dark that reeked of evil and decay.

Rûdhchamion stretched a bit, shaking himsel of the dark thoughts. He then lightly jumped to the ground soundlessly. His companions were still resting in the hidden alcove of the underbrush. He espied Taralphiel still sleeping soundly with an arm around Khelek's neck. The white wolf pup opened his eyes and lifted his head questioningly at the elf. Anarya was resting next to young human maiden, one hand still holding her bow.

Sleep lightly. I will scout a bit and forage. Keep alert. The Dark Elf silently communicated with the protective canine.

The pup whined softly.

I will not wander far and too long. He smiled assuringly, then walked towards the stream nearby.

--------------------------------------------------

2.)NAME: Rinurion

WEAPONS: Longbow & arrows, short sword & dagger

APPEARANCE: Very tall; long dark brown hair, usually tied back; light grey eyes, nearly blue; clad in brown & dark green hunting attire common to the patrolly guard of Mirkwood.

PERSONALITY/STRENGTHS/WEAKNESSES:
Has good leadership skills, marking him as one of the captains of Thranduil's patrolling companies. Excels in hand to hand combat, and proficient in most woodland combat weapons, particularly with the longbow. He is very wary of those not of Mirkwood, and does not readily give his trust.

HISTORY:
Rinurion has always been of Mirkwood. Like his father before him, he serves the Elvenking unquestioningly. This elf has always had the honor to patrol with the King's son, Legolas.

----------

Thalionyulma’s post for Rinurion

The Party at the Elven King’s realm:

The breeze rustled the leaves above the branches over head. Rinurion looked up, still in deep thought. Alot had happened the past few weeks, and a growing uneasiness in him would not go away.

It had all began when his patrol with Legolas had intercepted a group of men. The ElvenKing had let one go, but a dark elf followed his trail. Anarya and Prince Legolas had gone as well to watch where the man headed to. Although Legolas had returned shortly, Anarya had continued the quest with the dark elf. No word had come back since then.

No, his uneasiness stemmed more from another elf. One who was one of them it seemed. But he had been unable to pursue his suspicions. He and three others were captured in the ElvenKing's territory by orcs. No one knew how they were able to enter the kingdom without detection. It had been another elf from Lorien that aided their rescue.

Deagon still lived and continued to join the patrols. Rinurion could do nothing more than watch closely.

Another elf appeared nearby, it was Laryelion of Lorien. He walked over to where Rinurion sat on a fallen bole.

"How went the patrol?" asked Laryelion.

"It has been quiet for some time, but who can say for how long?" came the answer.

"You watch him closely," Laryelion said quietly. Rinurion looked at the elf at that and wondered if he should share his uneasiness.

Gayahithwen carry a basket of berries from the woods. Several other elf maidens were with her. She espied the two and came over.

"Good day Rinurion! Everything is well, I hope?" The young elf maiden asked, smiling.

----------

Taralphiel's Characters

3.) NAME: Taralphiel

RACE: Human

WEAPONS: Taralphiel has only a dagger in her boot. She has had little training on how to use it, with the exception of hunting for her own food.

APPEARANCE: Taralphiel is 5’ 7”, with waist length blonde hair and striking green eyes. She is dressed in simple riding gear, with sturdy boots and a long cape. Though with her long time in the Woods, her clothes have become very worn.

PERSONALITY/STRENGTHS/WEAKNESSES: Taralphiel has undergone a great change once leaving her home in Calembel. Once a rather bright and carefree young woman, she has learnt much of hardship. At first this brought her into a great depression, leaving her wondering if her choices were at all wise ones. But recently her companions have noted a great resolution and determination to save the one that she loves.

Taralphiel has no great skill in battle or strategy, often leaving her to be rescued by her Elven companions. However, she has begun to show a keener sense to the world of evil surrounding the woods, and it is unknown how this gift will effect her.

HISTORY: Taralphiel grew up in Calembel, a small town lying between Rohan and Gondor. She was betrothed to a local town leader, but instead chose to marry a young Rohirrim warrior by the name of Eriador. Leaving her town, they were separated when Eriador was called to a great duty. Now Taralphiel seeks him out, convinced that he is somewhere in Mirkwood…

SEE JOINT POST FOR CHARACTERS BELOW

----------

4.) NAME: Eriador

RACE: Human (Rohan)

WEAPONS: When he is fully armed (and not captive.), Eriador carries two daggers on his belt, and a broadsword, made by his father. He is also proficient in the bow, but does not carry one, as he prefers his sword and closer combat.

APPEARANCE: Eriador is about 6 foot, with the characteristic features of a strong young man of Rohan. He keeps his shoulder length blonde hair, making his brown eyes more visible. But his face is younger and more boyish than the hardened warriors of the Eored, among these men is his father.

PERSONALITY/ STRENGTHS/ WEAKNESSES: Eriador is a young man that follows his heart. That is what lead him to Taralphiel is the first instance, and to Mirkwood in the second. He has a strong loyalty to his heritage, and forever values the strength of Rohan. But such traits can lead to stubbornness. He will not give up on a good cause, no matter the cost to himself. However, when those dear to him pay that cost, he begins to wonder if this attribute in him is such a good thing…

HISTORY: Eriador grew up in Edoras, and was trained to be a member of the Eored. When he was around 25, he left on a journey to Gondor, and chanced upon the small village of Calembel, where he met and wed Taralphiel. His plans were to take her back to his family in Edoras, but they changed when news was brought to him of a disturbance in Mirkwood. Now he has found himself captured in a dungeon, unaware of his exact location, and not knowing what has become of Taralphiel.

Taralphiel's post for Eriador and Taralphiel

Taralphiel slumbered restlessly in the branch of a tree, her cheek pressed against the soft fur of the wolf pup Khelek. She had lost count of the nights she had spent just this way, and the increasing disturbance of what she saw while she slept.

Hr dreams lead her through another dark passage, her fingers could feel the moist dank of the rough walls. And in the corner, shown only with a sliver of the moons’ light, a figure sat slumped in the corner. Her hair dangled off his brow in dregs, down over his eyes. He looked in rags, though her skilled eyes could make out those rags had once been regal garments of a soldier, a warrior. His breastplate still shone, though dully. But all other sign of his place were gone, not a sword, nor a shield.

Taralphiel did not need any more detail to discern who this man was. She called out to him, her voice becoming hoarse, though those slumbering beside her could only hear whimpers. She cried out his name, and pleaded with him.

“Eriador, please! I am here! Listen to me!”

The figure looked up, his eyes still veiled, his head moving about, his shoulders stretching back. Even in the muck of his prison, Eriador looked as though he held some hope, though his body would not recognize it. She could hear his laboured breathing as he whispered to himself.

“This dreams…they are so vivid. I wonder what it is she is doing now…”

Eriador lifted his head to the small gap in the tall cell, so the moonlight could light up his face, and Taralphiel could see his familiar, yet now care-worn face.

“I will work my way out of this cell, and back to her, so I am not haunted so….”

Taralphiel jerked her head up from its rest against Khelek, and sighed. She sat up and pressed her palms to her face, shrugging her sore shoulders with effort. Khelek turned a curious glance up at her, and she threw him a weary smile.

“These dreams grow longer, that is all. I shall manage…”

5.) Amaryllis ------- Fair Amaryllis
  • Elf maiden of Thranduil's realm

NEED CHARACTER BIO AND FIRST POST FOR CHARACTER

6.) Warzgarz ------- Vitto
  • Orc Captain of Sauron's army

7.) Muru ------- Eiz
  • closest being akin to a vampire/vampyre, last of her kind; the name means Primevil Night; original idea came from Thuringwethil- (from BoLT/Lay of Leithian)
  • Please note – this will be an evil creature/possibly a corrupted maia who is capable of taking on bat form – She will not be a modern type/blood-sucking vampire of the Anne Rice/Dracula sort.

8.) Khelek ------- Great Warg
  • white wolf-pup who had become an exception to the rule, and a faithful companion to Rudhchamion

NAME: Khelek.

AGE: Roughly four to six months at the beginning of the story.

RACE: White wolf of the North.

WEAPONS: I suppose teeth would have to count.

APPEARANCE: A pale, ghostly white coloration for which the white wolves of the North were named for; his features are still rather soft and round; inquisitive blue eyes: a characteristic of wolf pups; a small, compact body, made for preserving body heat, but is swiftly growing into a lean adult wolf.

PERSONALITY/STRENGTHS/WEAKNESSES: Still in a state of “puppy hood,” Khelek can be over-zealous at times, and easily excitable, especially with new smells and noises. Not much of a hunter yet, the young wolf lacks experience in subtlety and stealth, preferring the much more direct route of handling problems by tackling them head-on and biting them in the hand (literally, as the case may be), although his small size keeps the pup from being much of a threat to anything. Though small in stature, Khelek is a loyal companion and sees the small fellowship as a sort of adoptive pack.

HISTORY: Born in the far North of Middle-earth, nigh to the region of Forodwaith, and akin to the same wolves that had invaded Eriador in the Fell Winter of TA 2911. He had been taken for breeding purposes among the Wargs, but was found and rescued by Rûdhchamion’s party.

---------------

GreatWarg's post

The forest was incredibly still, as was the air; his sensitive ears could not hear the low mutterings of the trees as they talked amongst themselves, nor could he hear the bated breath of the wind. Occasionally, he would discern some movement on the very edges of his sight, some unusual squirrel hoarding nuts for its winter store, or perhaps even a doe and her fawn passing by before they disappeared into the darkling woods. Or it could be something much nastier.

Sleep eluded him for the better part of an hour, though the pup was exhausted from the day’s march. Khelek thought Mirkwood smelt too musty, felt too stifling, and was in general a Very Bad Place to be in. This practical sentiment only grew as the small company traveled further south, and there were less wild beasts and more things that crept in the dark, out of sight but not out of mind. He found it hard to believe that Elves lived in any part of this murky and unwholesome place, though Khelek had never been very far north where the Wood Elves lived.

Speaking of Wood Elves… The wolf stirred as Rûdhchamion landed, his “puppish” curiosities subdued by lack of sleep, and could only offer the Elf a questioning look. If he was planning on leaving their makeshift campsite alone, Rûdhchamion had another thing coming—it seemed impractical and out of character of the Elf for him to leave Taralphiel and Anarya unprotected.

Sleep lightly. I will scout a bit and forage. Keep alert. Khelek would have liked to insist he come along, or at least persuade Rûdhchamion from leaving, but was simply too tired to argue. Rûdhchamion, after all, knew the ways of the wood better than anyone else. I will not wander far and too long, he promised.

Sighing, the pup yielded and settled down again. I should hope so. Rûdhchamion’s smile, though meant to be reassuring, seemed all too grim.

9.) Gayahithwen ------- Gayahithwen
  • Elf maiden/kitchen elf of Thranduil's realm

NAME: Gayahithwen.

RACE: Silvan Elf.

WEAPONS: A knife.

APPEARANCE: She is on the shorter side for an elf, but otherwise quite typical with black, fairly long hair; grey eyes and fair skin. She is most used to wear dresses, but at the start of our game, she is seen wearing leggings and a tunika, due to recent happenings.

PERSONALITY/STRENGTHS/WEAKNESSES: She is calm and thoughtful and easily gets caught in her own daydreams. She is very friendly and her trust in other people is almost ridiculously high. She is a fairly good cook, but a lousy fighter, and would rather run away than stay and fight - not because she's cowardly, but because she knows her limitations.

HISTORY: She grew up in Mirkwood and her history to this point had been quite uninteresting. She worked as a kitchen-elf in Thranduil's castle, and the most exciting that ever happened was her getting in trouble for daydreaming a few times, and all the interesting guests she'd see around the place.

---------------

NEED FIRST POST

10.) Anarya ------- No Player As Yet
  • Silvan elf-maiden whom Thranduil had given special orders to accompany Rudhchamion. It is she who persists in getting Rudhchamion to look deeper into the matter and beyond his oath for revenge

ADDITIONAL CHARACTERS NEEDED

2 Silvan Elves of Mirkwood – males

~*~

1 Elf of Lorien – male

• Note on Elven characters in Shire Games:

Please use this description from Tolkien when crafting an Elf:

Return of the King – Appendix F: Tolkien’s description for the Quendi (The Speakers) – the name given to the Elves by themselves after they first awoke in Middle-earth.

“They were a race high and beautiful, the older Children of the world, and among them the Eldar were as Kings, who now are gone: the People of the Great Journey, the People of the Stars. They were tall, fair of skin and grey-eyed, though their locks were dark, save in the golden house of Finrod; and their voices had more melodies than any mortal voice that is now heard . . .”

Please use this as a guideline for describing your Elven character’s appearance.

~*~ FOR THOSE APPLYING FOR THE ADDITIONAL 3 ELF CHARACTERS ~*~

Please use this form for creating your character to post on the discussion thread.

It is a requirement that all potential game players in the Shire will have posted in The Green Dragon Inn or have played to completion an RPG on the Barrow Downs.

----------

1.) Have you ever played in an RPG at the Barrow Downs? – YES/NO - Which one?

2.) How many RPG’s on the Barrow Downs are you currently involved in?

List them, please:

Please note you may play in only 2 (TWO) Shire games at one time. Exceptions to this may be made for this on a case by case basis by the Shire Moderators. (The Green Dragon Inn DOES NOT count as a game for this.)

3.) Have you posted in The Green Dragon Inn – YES/NO

For your character please include:

NAME:

RACE:

WEAPONS (No magical, super-hero, mithril weapons. Just good solid Middle-earth weapons and armor only that is appropriate to the race of the character and the time period.):

APPEARANCE:

PERSONALITY/STRENGTHS/WEAKNESSES: (No half-Elven characters. No mixed-type characters. No super-heroes. No assassins. No one all powerful, martial arts proficient, or having any magical traits. Just regular characters with normal abilities for their races only):

HISTORY:

First post for your character for the RPG:

NOTE: This is a requirement for this game. Character Descriptions without a First Post attached will be sent back to the writer. They may be submitted again, once there is a First Post to go with them.

Last edited by piosenniel; 09-01-2004 at 09:24 PM.
Old 08-05-2004, 11:37 PM   #15
Taralphiel
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Taralphiel has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via MSN to Taralphiel
Checking in!

Bio's and posts are on the way, once I get a sense of where Eriador and Taralphiel are, and that's just a matter of browsing the old RPG
Old 08-07-2004, 04:25 PM   #16
GreatWarg
Shade of Carn Dûm

GreatWarg has just left Hobbiton.
Question

GreatWarg checking in. All necessary information will be given within the next few days as he finds time to complete them.

GW
Old 08-08-2004, 07:32 PM   #17
Thalionyulma
Shade of Carn Dûm

Checking IN!

Should the character Bios be similar in format as the that applying for new characters?
Old 08-08-2004, 07:35 PM   #18
Vitto

checking in!
All necessary information will be given within the next few days as I reconstruct the character Warzgarz!

Old 08-08-2004, 10:33 PM   #19
piosenniel
Desultory Dwimmerlaik

THALIONYULMA - VITTO - EIZ - TARALPHIEL - GREATWARG - FAIR AMARYLLIS - GAYAHITHWEN

Everyone, please use this form for each of your character bios:

:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::: :::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::: ::::
:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::: :::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::: ::::

NAME:

RACE:

APPEARANCE:

PERSONALITY/STRENGTHS/WEAKNESSES: (No half-Elven characters. No mixed-type characters. No super-heroes. No assassins. No one all powerful, martial arts proficient, or having any magical traits. Just regular characters with normal abilities for their races only. (Those who have characters from the original game can bend these rules a little bit to fit the characters from the original game.):

HISTORY:

THALIONYULMA

Once you have done your character bios - please do a First Post which will open the game.

EVERYONE ELSE

When Thalionyulma has her First Post for the game on board - then look it over and write a first post for your character.

Once everyone of the dedicated players has their bios and posts finished, then I will open the Game Discussion Thread and you can take on the extra players needed.

Last edited by piosenniel; 08-09-2004 at 04:08 PM.
Old 08-09-2004, 03:25 PM   #20
piosenniel
Desultory Dwimmerlaik

Elven Characters

Please try to not stray too far from this description given by Tolkien: (Note the hair color and the grey eyes - blue-grey is alright in the Shire)

Quote:

Old 08-09-2004, 04:09 PM   #21
piosenniel
Desultory Dwimmerlaik

ANNOUNCEMENT:

Gayahithwen will be reviving her character for the game.

~*~ Pio
Old 08-10-2004, 06:36 PM   #22
Eiz
Pile O'Bones

Eiz has just left Hobbiton.
Checking In!!!

Sorry for the delay... as Thalionyulma would know, I've been unable to access the BD site for several days now. But now I'm ready!
Old 08-10-2004, 09:03 PM   #23
Gayahithwen
Wight

Gayahithwen has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Gayahithwen Send a message via MSN to Gayahithwen Send a message via Yahoo to Gayahithwen
Checking in.

Been a while since I was on the forum now... yeah. Anyway, will post my character description as soon as possible, just have to get through the old RP thread first to get a feel for her again... shouldn't be too hard, as she's a... familiar character (a.k.a. blatant self-insert).
Old 08-12-2004, 06:57 PM   #24
Thalionyulma
Shade of Carn Dûm

Thalionyulma's Characters

1.) NAME: Rûdhchamion

WEAPONS: Hunting bow & arrows, jewelled hunting knife (a gift from his sister- deceased)

APPEARANCE: Tall, with long dark raven-black hair, usually untied; grey-eyed; Garbed in green & brown leather hunting attire, aiding him to blend in the forest surroundings

PERSONALITY/STRENGTHS/WEAKNESSES: Rûdhchamion is a solitary being, quiet and easily content wandering & hunting in the woods. Has easy rapport with animals in the woods, and can communicate with most of them. He is an experienced fighter, possessing both excellent hunting and scouting skills. His thirst for vengeance blinds him at times, making him insensitive to those who try to get close to him. Although slow to anger, his temper sometimes gets the best of him, once it is triggered.

HISTORY:
The Dark Elf came from a nomadic group of elves who refused to be ruled by any king. He had been trained by his father to scout during the War of the Last Alliance at a very young age. Although he lived with his kin after the battle, roaming the eaves of the Great River, Anduin, they had lived last near the Gladden Fields (called Loeg Ningloron by Rûdhchamion's people). Two strangers were welcomed one day to rest awhile during one of their gatherings when his people was attacked by a group of orcs and men. His immediate family was killed, his twin sister Perennnauriel had died in his arms after being hit by a poisoned dart that was aimed at him. Only a handful had survived. The Dark Elf had devoted his days to hunting down his people's murderers. He had reached deep into Mirkwood, tracking down men he suspected would lead him to the murderers.

----------------

2.)NAME: RINURION

WEAPONS: Longbow & arrows, short sword & dagger

APPEARANCE: Very tall; long dark brown hair, usually tied back; light grey eyes, nearly blue; clad in brown & dark green hunting attire common to the patrolly guard of Mirkwood.

PERSONALITY/STRENGTHS/WEAKNESSES:
Has good leadership skills, marking him as one of the captains of Thranduil's patrolling companies. Excels in hand to hand combat, and proficient in most woodland combat weapons, particularly with the longbow. He is very wary of those not of Mirkwood, and does not readily give his trust.

HISTORY:
Rinurion has always been of Mirkwood. Like his father before him, he serves the Elvenking unquestioningly. This elf has always had the honor to patrol with the King's son, Legolas.

---------------

Thalionyulma's post ----- FIRST FOR GAME

The Dark Elf stirred slightly in the tree branch, hidden in the foliage of the leaves. The dawn was breaking in the horizon, streaks of gold and violet to red, splattered across the sky. From a distance, a faint sound of a bird's morning song started, then faded. These parts of the woods seemed darker and more somber. Not even a chirp could be heard for long.

The small group had been travelling for days. The two elves had come from Thranduil's Hall. One bidden by the Elvenking, the other because of a personal oath of vegeance. They had eventually stumbled upon the white wolf pup and a young human in their dangerous travel. They had reached the foot of Amon Lanc, now mostly known as Dol Guldur, a few days before. They had been unable to get closer as they avoided the orcs and patrolling parties of wargriders.

The Dark Elf took in his surroundings and sighed inwardly. He had never counted in doing the Elvenking's bidding, but it had served his purpose at that time. Because of mysterious raids and events in Mirkwood, Thranduil had had tightened his patrol in the Elven Realm. It had led to the capture of the humans Rûdhchamion had been following, in hopes to finally get his revenge. Because of unexpected events, he had then met Anarya SilverBranch, who was biddened to follow the man upon his release. Of course Legolas, the Elvenking's son, knew the Dark Elf would follow the human. But he eventually left Anarya with Rûdhchamion to continue the quest. The human, Micanar, had lead them to the patrol of orcs, raising the suspicion something forboding was about.

He had unfortunately killed the man when they had fought. Which of course made things more complicated in reaching the rumored stronghold. Now a new enemy was making its presence known, haunting their human companion, Taralphiel. Something ancient and dark that reeked of evil and decay.

Rûdhchamion stretched a bit, shaking off the dark thoughts. He then lightly jumped to the ground soundlessly. His companions were still resting in the hidden alcove of the underbrush. He espied Taralphiel still sleeping soundly with an arm around Khelek's neck. The white wolf pup opened his eyes and lifted his head questioningly at the elf. Anarya was resting next to young human maiden, one hand still holding her bow.

Sleep lightly. I will scout a bit and forage. Keep alert. The Dark Elf silently communicated to the protective canine.

The pup whined softly.

I will not wander far and too long. He smiled assuringly, then walked towards the stream nearby.

Last edited by Thalionyulma; 08-17-2004 at 05:46 PM.
Old 08-15-2004, 12:12 AM   #25
Taralphiel
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Just letting you know Taralphiel and Eriador's Bio' are almost done, but I will wait for Rudh's first post and put everything up in the one go

Also, Thali, would it be better to have a frst post for Eriador, or to leave him out? I'd just like your opinion

Tara
Old 08-15-2004, 08:41 PM   #26
Thalionyulma
Shade of Carn Dûm

Pio,

I edited my last post and completed both Rûdh & Rinurion's bio... and the first post I promised.

How does it look?

Tara,

Perhaps a post on Eriador visiting Taralaphiel's dream? She does have a gift of "sight", right?

Well, I trust your talents!
Old 08-16-2004, 01:47 AM   #27
piosenniel
Desultory Dwimmerlaik

1420!

It looks good, Thali - now we just need to get the others on board with their characters and posts.

~*~ Pio
Old 08-18-2004, 05:49 PM   #28
GreatWarg
Shade of Carn Dûm

GreatWarg has just left Hobbiton.
Question

Here's Khelek's biography and first post. It took a lot longer than previously thought to get it posted.

====

NAME: Khelek.

AGE: Roughly four to six months at the beginning of the story.

RACE: White wolf of the North.

WEAPONS: I suppose teeth would have to count.

APPEARANCE: A pale, ghostly white coloration for which the white wolves of the North were named for; his features are still rather soft and round; inquisitive blue eyes: a characteristic of wolf pups; a small, compact body, made for preserving body heat, but is swiftly growing into a lean adult wolf.

PERSONALITY/STRENGTHS/WEAKNESSES: Still in a state of “puppy hood,” Khelek can be over-zealous at times, and easily excitable, especially with new smells and noises. Not much of a hunter yet, the young wolf lacks experience in subtlety and stealth, preferring the much more direct route of handling problems by tackling them head-on and biting them in the hand (literally, as the case may be), although his small size keeps the pup from being much of a threat to anything. Though small in stature, Khelek is a loyal companion and sees the small fellowship as a sort of adoptive pack.

HISTORY: Born in the far North of Middle-earth, nigh to the region of Forodwaith, and akin to the same wolves that had invaded Eriador in the Fell Winter of TA 2911. He had been taken for breeding purposes among the Wargs, but was found and rescued by Rûdhchamion’s party.

GreatWarg's post

The forest was incredibly still, as was the air; his sensitive ears could not hear the low mutterings of the trees as they talked amongst themselves, nor could he hear the bated breath of the wind. Occasionally, he would discern some movement on the very edges of his sight, some unusual squirrel hoarding nuts for its winter store, or perhaps even a doe and her fawn passing by before they disappeared into the darkling woods. Or it could be something much nastier.

Sleep eluded him for the better part of an hour, though the pup was exhausted from the day’s march. Khelek thought Mirkwood smelt too musty, felt too stifling, and was in general a Very Bad Place to be in. This practical sentiment only grew as the small company traveled further south, and there were less wild beasts and more things that crept in the dark, out of sight but not out of mind. He found it hard to believe that Elves lived in any part of this murky and unwholesome place, though Khelek had never been very far north where the Wood Elves lived.

Speaking of Wood Elves… The wolf stirred as Rûdhchamion landed, his “puppish” curiosities subdued by lack of sleep, and could only offer the Elf a questioning look. If he was planning on leaving their makeshift campsite alone, Rûdhchamion had another thing coming—it seemed impractical and out of character of the Elf for him to leave Taralphiel and Anarya unprotected.

Sleep lightly. I will scout a bit and forage. Keep alert. Khelek would have liked to insist he come along, or at least persuade Rûdhchamion from leaving, but was simply too tired to argue. Rûdhchamion, after all, knew the ways of the wood better than anyone else. I will not wander far and too long, he promised.

Sighing, the pup yielded and settled down again. I should hope so. Rûdhchamion’s smile, though meant to be reassuring, seemed all too grim.

====

GW

Last edited by piosenniel; 08-18-2004 at 08:14 PM.
Old 08-18-2004, 08:49 PM   #29
piosenniel
Desultory Dwimmerlaik

Nicely done, GW! I've put your character bio and post on the proposal.

Now we just need Gaya, Eiz, Vitto, and Tara to get theirs on board.

~*~ Pio
Old 08-19-2004, 01:41 PM   #30
Gayahithwen
Wight

Gayahithwen has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Gayahithwen Send a message via MSN to Gayahithwen Send a message via Yahoo to Gayahithwen
NAME: Gayahithwen.

RACE: Silvan Elf.

WEAPONS: A knife.

APPEARANCE: She is on the shorter side for an elf, but otherwise quite typical with black, fairly long hair; grey eyes and fair skin. She is most used to wear dresses, but at the start of our game, she is seen wearing leggings and a tunika, due to recent happenings.

PERSONALITY/STRENGTHS/WEAKNESSES: She is calm and thoughtful and easily gets caught in her own daydreams. She is very friendly and her trust in other people is almost ridiculously high. She is a fairly good cook, but a lousy fighter, and would rather run away than stay and fight - not because she's cowardly, but because she knows her limitations.

HISTORY: She grew up in Mirkwood and her history to this point had been quite uninteresting. She worked as a kitchen-elf in Thranduil's castle, and the most exciting that ever happened was her getting in trouble for daydreaming a few times, and all the interesting guests she'd see around the place.

---

Does this look alright, Pio?

Also, I just realised I'm not fully sure about where our group is standing - in the original game, we were freed by an elf of Lothlorien - Laryelion. Are we still counting that as having happened, and we are going to get recaptured, or will we just... ignore that and go on as we were before those last few posts? This is kinda... necessary to know to know what to do in my first post... the time line concentrates mainly on Rudhchamion's group, after all.
Old 08-19-2004, 04:42 PM   #31
piosenniel
Desultory Dwimmerlaik

Your character bio looks fine, Gaya! I'll put it up on the proposal.

Thali:

Where do you want Gaya's character to be so she can put together a post for her.

Thanks!

~*~ Pio
Old 08-23-2004, 04:13 AM   #32
Taralphiel
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Here are the profiles for Taralphiel and Eriador. I have a joint post for them, so take a look and give me any details you want to tweek with and change, and it'll be done!

Tara

~*~

NAME: Taralphiel

RACE: Human

WEAPONS: Taralphiel has only a dagger in her boot. She has had little training on how to use it, with the exception of hunting for her own food.

APPEARANCE: Taralphiel is 5’ 7”, with waist length blonde hair and striking green eyes. She is dressed in simple riding gear, with sturdy boots and a long cape. Though with her long time in the Woods, her clothes have become very worn.

PERSONALITY/STRENGTHS/WEAKNESSES: Taralphiel has undergone a great change once leaving her home in Calembel. Once a rather bright and carefree young woman, she has learnt much of hardship. At first this brought her into a great depression, leaving her wondering if her choices were at all wise ones. But recently her companions have noted a great resolution and determination to save the one that she loves.

Taralphiel has no great skill in battle or strategy, often leaving her to be rescued by her Elven companions. However, she has begun to show a keener sense to the world of evil surrounding the woods, and it is unknown how this gift will effect her.

HISTORY: Taralphiel grew up in Calembel, a small town lying between Rohan and Gondor. She was betrothed to a local town leader, but instead chose to marry a young Rohirrim warrior by the name of Eriador. Leaving her town, they were separated when Eriador was called to a great duty. Now Taralphiel seeks him out, convinced that he is somewhere in Mirkwood…

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

NAME: Eriador

RACE: Human (Rohan)

WEAPONS: When he is fully armed (and not captive.), Eriador carries two daggers on his belt, and a broadsword, made by his father. He is also proficient in the bow, but does not carry one, as he prefers his sword and closer combat.

APPEARANCE: Eriador is about 6 foot, with the characteristic features of a strong young man of Rohan. He keeps his shoulder length blonde hair, making his brown eyes more visible. But his face is younger and more boyish than the hardened warriors of the Eored, among these men is his father.

PERSONALITY/ STRENGTHS/ WEAKNESSES: Eriador is a young man that follows his heart. That is what lead him to Taralphiel is the first instance, and to Mirkwood in the second. He has a strong loyalty to his heritage, and forever values the strength of Rohan. But such traits can lead to stubbornness. He will not give up on a good cause, no matter the cost to himself. However, when those dear to him pay that cost, he begins to wonder if this attribute in him is such a good thing…

HISTORY: Eriador grew up in Edoras, and was trained to be a member of the Eored. When he was around 25, he left on a journey to Gondor, and chanced upon the small village of Calembel, where he met and wed Taralphiel. His plans were to take her back to his family in Edoras, but they changed when news was brought to him of a disturbance in Mirkwood. Now he has found himself captured in a dungeon, unaware of his exact location, and not knowing what has become of Taralphiel.

Taralphiel's post for Eriador and Taralphiel

Taralphiel slumbered restlessly in the branch of a tree, her cheek pressed against the soft fur of the wolf pup Khelek. She had lost count of the nights she had spent just this way, and the increasing disturbance of what she saw while she slept.

Hr dreams lead her through another dark passage, her fingers could feel the moist dank of the rough walls. And in the corner, shown only with a sliver of the moons’ light, a figure sat slumped in the corner. Her hair dangled off his brow in dregs, down over his eyes. He looked in rags, though her skilled eyes could make out those rags had once been regal garments of a soldier, a warrior. His breastplate still shone, though dully. But all other sign of his place were gone, not a sword, nor a shield.

Taralphiel did not need any more detail to discern who this man was. She called out to him, her voice becoming hoarse, though those slumbering beside her could only hear whimpers. She cried out his name, and pleaded with him.

“Eriador, please! I am here! Listen to me!”

The figure looked up, his eyes still veiled, his head moving about, his shoulders stretching back. Even in the muck of his prison, Eriador looked as though he held some hope, though his body would not recognize it. She could hear his laboured breathing as he whispered to himself.

“This dreams…they are so vivid. I wonder what it is she is doing now…”

Eriador lifted his head to the small gap in the tall cell, so the moonlight could light up his face, and Taralphiel could see his familiar, yet now care-worn face.

“I will work my way out of this cell, and back to her, so I am not haunted so….”

Taralphiel jerked her head up from its rest against Khelek, and sighed. She sat up and pressed her palms to her face, shrugging her sore shoulders with effort. Khelek turned a curious glance up at her, and she threw him a weary smile.

“These dreams grow longer, that is all. I shall manage…”

Last edited by piosenniel; 08-23-2004 at 11:12 AM.
Old 08-27-2004, 05:42 PM   #33
Thalionyulma
Shade of Carn Dûm

Quote:
Originally Posted by piosenniel
Your character bio looks fine, Gaya! I'll put it up on the proposal.

Thali:

Where do you want Gaya's character to be so she can put together a post for her.

Thanks!

~*~ Pio

Gaya & Rin's group is still in the northern part of Mirkwood. They've met Deagon. I'll post Rinurion's part in the story by Sunday.

Hmmmm... I neglected to insert the plots for Gaya & Rin's group in the Time Frame, my apologies!... I'll send it by Sunday for your approval!

The elf maiden's life's been uninteresting you say? Hmmm... shall we remedy that?

Last edited by Thalionyulma; 08-27-2004 at 05:46 PM.
Old 08-27-2004, 06:36 PM   #34
Eiz
Pile O'Bones

Eiz has just left Hobbiton.
NAME: Muru

RACE: Corrupted Maia

WEAPONS: Shapeshifter (batlike form), has the power to weave illusions, corrupt-minds and eventually mind-control (but limited). She wields no physical weapon. When bat-like, her claws and teeth are razor sharp.

APPEARANCE: Often in female form, clad in a long black attire. She is extremely tall and pale, her long black & grey hair falling freely about her. Her eyes are as black as coal, and void of any emotion. In bat form, is as large as a dog or goat.

PERSONALITY/STRENGTHS/WEAKNESSES: Muru is cold-blooded, and is extremely contemptuous of elven-kind and men. Revelling often in the carnage and chaos she often wroughts around her. She is relentless, and obeys only her Master. Often over-confident of her abilities, often under-estimating her enemies.

HISTORY: Not as old as Sauron, and not as powerful, nevertheless Muru goes far back during the age before Melkor/Morgoth was chained. Having been corrupted by Sauron into his service.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~
First Post

A dark figure flew silently over the treetops. The morning sun was blighted, appearing as if dusk instead of dawn, and so the shape seemed as a dark batlike shape, skimming overhead. An icy breeze followed it, and the leaves rustled dryly, as if afraid to make a sound.

The shape took a more solid form as it reached the ground near the entrance of the fortress. It was a tall female figure, that cast her cold gaze about. She frowned as she noted the encampent at the foothill of Dol Guldor.

"He sends more dogs instead of using stealth," she muttered disapprovingly. "Pity the girl is cautious. It would have been interesting to ensnare one so young with so much talent."

A human maiden had been part of the group the Orc was trying to capture. Wargarz would not have known the group's presence if it had not been for her. But since finding out about the human female, the vampire's interest had gone up. Now Muru had an agenda of her own.

If she could capture and bend the human, it would be a pleasing addition for her Master to use as a tool. It would be better than those weak-willed prisoners the orc had been sending her.

It was always a challenge to corrupt elves. Humans were easier to bend. But sometimes there were those who were exceptional. Far back, she could only recall the tale of Hurin among the few who had been such an exception. It was a great pleasure to finally see them bent in misery.

Yes, she thought silently as she entered the fortress, it would be quite a catch to not only get the elves, but the human as well.

Last edited by Eiz; 09-02-2004 at 06:55 PM.
Old 08-27-2004, 07:44 PM   #35
piosenniel
Desultory Dwimmerlaik

Eiz

Looks good!

When you do your first post - please edit it onto your Character Bio post.

Thanks!

~*~ Pio
Old 08-29-2004, 07:44 PM   #36
Vitto

Bio and First Post

NAME:Warzgarz

RACE:Orc

WEAPONS : Heavy armor and Broad sword

APPEARANCE: Taller than a common orc, heavily built, only slightly smaller than the Uruk-Hai. This Orc captain is a seasoned warrior and can be evident with the scars on his exposed skin on his face and arms.

PERSONALITY/STRENGTHS/WEAKNESSES: Ruthless and expects his subordinates to obey. Has more than the usual tolerance for allies not of his race (e.g., man). The gleam in his eyes show both his shrewdness and intelligence (for an orc, anyway). He loathes both elves and men. Considering men nothing more than mere cattle (unless they prove useful kept alive). Elves he'd dealt with before, in battle and as captives.

HISTORY: Has long been in the service of the DarkLord. Had been a young warrior in the battle of the Last Alliance.

Vitto's post

The orc sat contemplating the reports before him. He was heavily armored in chainmail and armor plating. A heavy broadsword laid on the table in front of the heavyset figure. Several groups of orcs were coming in from the woods as another group headed out, but the orc captain take no notice.

Warzgarz grunted and leaned back in his seat. He looked up, gazing about the encampment. His sharp eyes missing nothing. He noted the warg-riders about to move out. These would be meeting up with another group further south and eventually would be replaced by another group to be honed.

Reports had been coming in about a small group being spotted, but it was inconsistent. He was unsure at this point where the reported group was now.

No matter, he thought, what could a small group do? They would be captured. Muru, the vampire, would have her pets continue to scout and would eventually find them. And they would be dealt with accordingly.

A small grin formed at thje corner of his lips. It had been some time since they'd tasted fresh meat.

"Gorbagzh! Get word to the Warg-riders on patrol to add their number to each group. I want them to sweep their area thoroughly!"

A lanky orc in leather armor acknowledge his command and headed towards the group getting ready for their patrol.

Last edited by piosenniel; 09-02-2004 at 06:50 PM. Reason: addition for the First Character Post

Old 09-01-2004, 05:44 PM   #37
Thalionyulma
Shade of Carn Dûm

RINURION'S POST: The Party at the ElvenKing's Realm

The breeze rustled the leaves above the branches over head. Rinurion looked up, still in deep thought. Alot had happened the past few weeks, and a growing uneasiness in him would not go away.

It had all began when his patrol with Legolas had intercepted a group of men. The ElvenKing had let one go, but a dark elf followed his trail. Anarya and Prince Legolas had gone as well to watch where the man headed to. Although Legolas had returned shortly, Anarya had continued the quest with the dark elf. No word had come back since then.

No, his uneasiness stemmed more from another elf. One who was one of them it seemed. But he had been unable to pursue his suspicions. He and three others were captured in the ElvenKing's territory by orcs. No one knew how they were able to enter the kingdom without detection. It had been another elf from Lorien that aided their rescue.

Deagon still lived and continued to join the patrols. Rinurion could do nothing more than watch closely.

Another elf appeared nearby, it was Laryelion of Lorien. He walked over to where Rinurion sat on a fallen bole.

"How went the patrol?" asked Laryelion.

"It has been quiet for some time, but who can say for how long?" came the answer.

"You watch him closely," Laryelion said quietly. Rinurion looked at the elf at that and wondered if he should share his uneasiness.

Gayahithwen carry a basket of berries from the woods. Several other elf maidens were with her. She espied the two and came over.

"Good day Rinurion! Everything is well, I hope?" The young elf maiden asked, smiling.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~

PIO,

how's this for RINURION's (Gaya's Party) post?

Here's the new TimeLine I promised that includes Gayahithwen & Rinurion's group. I made their adventure to run parallel with those of Rûdhchamion's Group.

TIME LINE:

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
  • Rinurion patrols and sees Deagon leaving the designated patrol areas. Tells Laryelion and Gayahithwen of his supicions. The group is still unsure of Deagon's true nature
  • Gayahithwen learns of an attack at the eastern border of the realm from another patrol. Tension grows in the Realm as the elves tighten their defense.
~*~

August (Wedmath)
    stumbles upon a great spider's lair

• Rinurion ever growing suspicious follows Deagon. Laryelion and Gayahithwen follow the warrior, they are joined by Amaryllis and others.
  • Deagon goes deeper into the woods and meets with strangers there is an argument and he is "captured" by the unknown group of men. Gayahithwen follows to try and aid him and is captured. She is then used as bait to lure the others.
  • Rinurion and Laryelion fall into a trap as they try to rescue their companion.
    The group decide to delay escape attempts until they learn more.
  • Deagon learns of the truth of his sister as Muru confronts him unexpectedly. He attacks the vampire to no avail and is wounded mortally. Gayahithwen watches helplessly.
~*~

September (Halimath)
    more tales unfold by Eriador and another freed prisoner

• Laryelion persuades the group and they attempt an escape. Over-powering their human and orc captors they are able to make their escape.
  • The group find themselves in the middle of Mirkwood. They encounter several of Muru's minions and warg-riders.
  • They are divided if they should continue northward back to the Realm or towards Dol Guldor.
~*~

October (Winterfilth)

Last edited by Thalionyulma; 09-01-2004 at 06:33 PM. Reason: Additional info for Timeframe parallel adventure in Mirkwood
Old 09-01-2004, 11:34 PM   #38
piosenniel
Desultory Dwimmerlaik

THALIONYULMA

1.) There are four characters who have no one playing them, but are mentioned in the outline:

Name: Anarya ---------- To Be Played By ??

~*~

Name: Laryelion ---------- To Be Played By ??

~*~

Name: Deagon ---------- To Be Played By ??

~*~

Name: Amaryllis ---------- To Be Played By ??

------

WHO IS GOING TO HANDLE THESE CHARACTERS?

2.) Please take a close look at the Discussion Thread I have put up: HERE

This is what I'll open when the game is ready to take on its last players.

3.) Vitto, Eiz, Gayahithwen

Please get your posts onto this thread - the sooner you do that, the sooner the game can open.

~*~ Pio, Game Moderator
Old 09-02-2004, 06:20 PM   #39
Vitto

Pio & Thali,

Okay, I finally got the my character's first post! Hope I was able to place him where he's suppose to be... as we discussed Thali!

Old 09-02-2004, 07:08 PM   #40
Thalionyulma
Shade of Carn Dûm

Quote:
Originally Posted by piosenniel
THALIONYULMA

1.) There are four characters who have no one playing them, but are mentioned in the outline:

Name: Anarya ---------- To Be Played By ??

~*~

Name: Laryelion ---------- To Be Played By ??

~*~

Name: Deagon ---------- To Be Played By ??

~*~

Name: Amaryllis ---------- To Be Played By ??

------

WHO IS GOING TO HANDLE THESE CHARACTERS?
PIO,

I have a friend who's thinking of playing Laryelion, but I can't find anyone right now who'd be interested to play ANARYA or AMARYLLIS. I just got to persuade that person in registering & posting at the Shire ASAP!

And I thought I could throw Rinurion with Amaryllis! hehehe... looks like Gayahithwen will have to put up with the two male elves. (j/k )

DEAGON was created by Gaya, so I don't know what she wants to do with him! Um, oh yeah.... he's going to have a tragic end. Will that be okay with you Gayahthwen?