Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-16-2004, 11:27 PM   #321
piosenniel
Desultory Dwimmerlaik

piosenniel is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
1420!

GREEN DRAGON INN FACTS:

It is the 4th Age, year 12. By the Shire Calendar it is year 1433 S.R. (Shire Reckoning).

King Elessar is on the throne of the Reunited Kingdom of Arnor and Gondor.

Mirkwood has been reclaimed by the Elves and is now called Eryn Lasgalen.

Paladdin Took, Pippin’s father, is Thain of the Shire. (Thain is an honorary title for the military leader of the Shire. The title has been held in the Took Family since the position was first established in 3rd Age 1979 with Bucca of the Marish as First Thain.) Paladdin Took dies in year 13, and will be succeeded by his son, Peregrin, ‘Pippin’, Took.

Samwise Gamgee is Mayor of the Shire, having succeeded Will Whitfoot in 1427 S.R.

The Innkeeper, in the Green Dragon Inn of this forum, is:
Aman – a young woman from Rohan.

Before her, the Innkeeper was Piosenniel, and before her it was Dwarin, the Dwarf.

*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+

Other ongoing characters in the Inn:

Ruby Brown, Hobbit – not married – server and maid

Buttercup Brownlock, Hobbit – not married – kitchen assistant and maid

*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+

Ongoing characters from outside the Inn:

Halfred Whitfoot – local Shiriff from Bywater and Postmaster for this area of the Shire; his pony’s name is Dumpling.

Fredgar Hornblower – local Shiriff from Hobbiton – played by Fool of a Took

Please Note:

No 'SAVES' are allowed in the Inn.

With the exception of the Innkeeper and the Moderators, no OOC (Out Of Character) comments are allowed in the Inn.

Only the Innkeeper, Amanaduial, or the Moderators move the timeline for the Inn forward.

Visitors to the Inn will need to read the posts that come before theirs to get an idea of what time it is in the Shire, what the weather is like, and what is happening.

Please be familiar with the rules for the Inn and Games in The Red Book of Westmarch, the first topic in the Shire.

IT IS NOW LATE EVENING. THE WEATHER IS PLEASANT.

THE PARTY CELEBRATING THE REBUILDING OF THE INN IS IN FULL SWING - PLENTY OF FOOD, DRINK, MUSIC, DANCING!

Last edited by piosenniel; 04-16-2004 at 11:30 PM.
Old 04-17-2004, 03:42 AM   #322
Amanaduial the archer
Shadow of Starlight

Amanaduial the archer has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Amanaduial the archer
Aman

Aman couldn't help raising an eyebrow very slightly as she saw Snaveling enter - the change could only be described as profound. As the man looked across at her she nodded with a very small smile, catching his eye, then looked away. Partying there may be, but business too for the Innkeeper.

She wove through the partygoers to the small group of hobbit-lasses: her musicians. Smiling expectantly she looked around at their nervous faces. "Ready to get this party into full swing?" she inquired with a grin.
Old 04-17-2004, 06:28 AM   #323
Firefoot
Illusionary Holbytla

Firefoot has been trapped in the Barrow!
Lily fairly froze when she saw Aman coming towards them. This is it, she thought.

"Ready to get this party into full swing?" Aman asked. For a moment none of them said anything. Lily imagined they were all just about as nervous as she was, now that the time had come. To think, Lily thought, I'm about to be playing my fiddle in front of complete strangers, with three hobbits and an Elf I only met a little while ago, and in the Shire to top it off. Who woulda thought? Suddenly Lily laughed, breaking the tension. "As ready as ever we'll be, I suppose," she said. "Where should we play?"
Old 04-17-2004, 07:35 AM   #324
Amanaduial the archer
Shadow of Starlight

Silmaril Aman

Aman beamed broadly at Lily as she replied. "Excellent! When you're all ready, if you could play..." she paused, suddenly realising a flaw in her orginal plan of having the group play at floor level: being hobbits in an Inn of at least half and half hobbits and big folk, no one would be able to see them.

She glanced at each of them and noted the nervousness in their expressions. This may not go down all too well... "As many of the customers are big folk, would you be able to play...on one of the trestle tables?" she asked hopefully.
Old 04-17-2004, 10:23 AM   #325
Memory of Trees
Haunting Spirit

Location: Here! Over here!!! Behind that rock. Yes, that is I...
Memory of Trees has just left Hobbiton.
Narya Kyria

Kyria sat down next to the four hobbit girls, and began to eat. They were very pleasant, but all at the table seemed to be good friends, and Kyria understood next to nothing of their conversation. She felt almost as if she were sitting in a corner all alone, even for all the people around her.

Sighing, she set her fork down on her plate. She suddenly didn't feel very hungry anymore. It'll be all right soon, she thought. Soon he will be here. She smiled to herself and took a deep breath. Everything would be fine.

Kyria looked up as a young woman sat down on the stool next to her's. She wasn't especially pretty, and her clothes were rough and travel-worn, but the light in her eyes and the laughter in her voice as she spoke made her seem to Kyria more beautiful than a thousand noble ladies in their fine robes. "Excuse me for disturbing you," the woman said quietly. "But I couldn't help noticing you from my table. Would you like to come and join us? We are all strangers to each other - do not worry."

There was nothing to explain why Kyria's heart leaped as it did, or why she felt an overwhelming urge to go with this woman, but she did all the same. She grinned and nodded, feeling like a little girl who has just recieved a birthday present she has desperately been wanting.

The woman's name was Tiruviel. She led Kyria back to her table, gestured to an empty chair. She took it, and Tiruviel introduced her to her elven friend. "Elkamia, this is Kyria," she said, pointing. "And Kyria, this is Elkamia."

Kyria rose and nodded prettily to the brown-haired elf sitting across from her. Elkamia laughed. "Well met," she said dipping her head in response. There were a few minutes of uncomfortable silence, and then Elkamia said, "So, Kyria, where do you come from?"

Kyria took a sip of wine before answering. "Larnas Eare," she said. "It's a small village a very long way from here, on the border Minhiriath, west of Dunland and the Gwathlo. That is where I was born. For several years now, I've been traveling through Rohan and parts of Gondor, and finally my journeys led me here." She smiled and took a small bite of potato. "And what of you, ladies?" she asked, smiling.
Old 04-17-2004, 10:51 AM   #326
Roa_Aoife
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Roa_Aoife is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
The intial shack of Snaveling's appearancce had worn off, and now was replaced by confusion. Why, in Arda, did he make such a fuss over clothes? Completely baffled, she stiffened as he sat across from her at Toby's consent. In the back of her mind she made a note to see the tailor herself at some point. Her traveler's fare would do no good if she was to stay for a while. And it appeared that she was. Of course such things could wait another day.

Snaveling was smiling and looking rather expectant, while Toby went on about the remarkable change in appearance. When he stopped she realized that she was expected to remark as well.

"Well, sir, the new clothing certainly looks smart. A very fine choice. I give my comliments to the tailor, who did an excellent job." Roa was suddenly very curious, and so did not pause when asking, "But why did you see to it tonight? And why all the fuss? It's only cloth. It's not exactly a thing of great importance..."

I didn't say you're evil, Roa, I said you're exasperating. -Nerwen
Old 04-18-2004, 12:46 AM   #327
Beruthiel
Shade of Carn Dûm

Beruthiel has just left Hobbiton.
Willow had voiced Daisy's feelings almost to pefection. Fear, nervousness and excitement all rolled into one. Then Aman came over to the hobbitlasses and asked whether they were ready. Daisy had lost her voice completely and couldn't reply. Even though she performed with her family quite a bit, there were big folk here. Strangers from other lands. A totally different scenario to what she was used to.

Already the group of hobbit lasses had come across a problem. Where would they perform? Aman suggested that the hobbits play on one of the trestle tables. Daisy didn't know what to do. It would be alright for the others, they only had to play the instruments and wouldn't take up too much space. Daisy, however, needed space to dance. She would have to hop to another table to do her dancing, then hop back to the other table to sing. She had a feeling she would be quite worn out by the end of this night. The butterflies in her stomach were not helping much either.

Daisy looked around at the other hobbit lasses, who were obviously just as nervous as she was, possibly more so since most of them had never performed before. Maybe Daisy had the upper hand in all of this, being relatively used to performing. She whispered to the group, "Don't worry, everything will be alright. You all are talented musicians. Everyone will love our music!" She tried to say all this with conviction, but faltered slightly when she said the last sentance.

She turned back to Aman and replied, "Yes, but I will need another table. I intend on dancing as well as singing for the performance and need more space."
Daisy had spoken quite formally, not knowing how else to speak to this woman.
Old 04-18-2004, 08:23 AM   #328
Amanaduial the archer
Shadow of Starlight

Silmaril Aman

"Yes, but I will need another table. I intend on dancing as well as singing for the performance and need more space."

Aman nodded. "Of course. I will put a few together to make a sort of makeshift stage - why not?" She grinned, looking around at them. "And Daisy is right: everyone will love you."

With that, she left the little group of hobbits and went towards the end trestle table, moving the food and drink from it to slot snugly in between the assorted dishes of delicacies on the other tables. When it was clear, she would move it alongside another two tables nearby to form a sort of stage for some 'traditional' performing - dancing, flying tankards and all, she mused with a grin. Still, the table was hardly a little light thing: things in the 'Dragon were built to last generations of rowdy hobbits. It would take a while to move on her own...
Old 04-18-2004, 03:03 PM   #329
Mad Baggins
Shade of Carn Dûm

Location: A place where after thunder golden showers come falling like a rain of flowers.
Mad Baggins has just left Hobbiton.
Mira

Butterflies fluttered about excitedly in Mira's stomach. She drew the flute out of her pocket and held it tightly as if she were afraid that it would fly away. It was actually going to happen! They were going to perform! Much as she loved to play, she had rarely played in front of crowds. It was usually for her family and friends that she played.

Aman had gone off to re-arrange the tables so that they could play their instruments upon one and Daisy could dance and sing upon another. The hobbits crowded together, each feeling excited. Mira gulped nervously, which Lily noticed. The other hobbit smiled and patted Mira's shoulder, saying, "Don't worry, we'll be great!"

Mira took a deep breath and smiled at Lily. Taking her flute to her lips, she played a little warm-up tune to ready herself for the performance. Oh, waiting is so hard! she thought. When will Aman have the tables ready?
Old 04-18-2004, 03:16 PM   #330
Eowyn Skywalker
Shade of Carn Dûm

Eowyn Skywalker has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via Yahoo to Eowyn Skywalker
Shield Willow

Willow placed her hand on Mira's shoulder. "Nervous?" she asked. "I know how you feel. I've never played where anyone can hear me before."

She stood up, and began to retune her fiddle.

She stroked the bow across the strings, and brought it to exact tuning easily-- it was sometihng that she did so often. The tune of the violin hummed through her, bringing a smile to her face.

Playing earlier wasn't that bad, there were fewer people listening. And now, she had to play for everyone, and all would be listening. It was up to them to entertain. But will they like our music? she thought. What if they don't? What if they hate our music?

Willow stuck her head, bouncing her hair behind her head. She breathed out sharply, trying to settle the butterflies in her stomach. Never before had anyone heard her play, even though the few who had that day had said she sounded fine.

But there was such a thing as nervousness. And there was nothing she could do now but play. It was their job to now. And the others, by their faces were as nervous as she herself was.

"This should go well," she said. "This should go well."
Old 04-18-2004, 03:26 PM   #331
Firefoot
Illusionary Holbytla

When Aman suggested that they play on the trestle tables, Lily's eyes sparkled. It was half what she had expected, and in some strange way what she had been hoping for. Secretly, she had always wanted to stand on one of those tables and play her fiddle, but she had always been too nervous to suggest it. Now that she had the opportunity, she certainly wasn't going to pass it up. Aman walked over to push a couple of tables together so that Daisy could dance on them.

Lily noticed that Mira was looking nervous. "Don't worry, we'll be great!" said Lily. Mira smiled and lifted her flute to her lips, playing a little melody for warm-up. Lily was getting impatient. Now that all was almost ready, she was eager to get going. She heard Willow say "This should go well." Lily heartily agreed.

"Why don't we all go help Aman push the table over? Those are pretty big tables, and Aman looks like she could use some help," Lily said to the group. She started towards Aman, hoping the others would follow.
Old 04-18-2004, 10:10 PM   #332
Fordim Hedgethistle
Gibbering Gibbet

Fordim Hedgethistle has been trapped in the Barrow!
Snaveling suddenly felt a bit foolish in his clothes, for it was clear that Roa did not find them as impressive as he had hoped. At first, he looked about the room, as though for an answer, but when he turned his eyes back to the Woman he saw that while she was unimpressed with the clothes, she had noted the change in him. That made him proud, in an odd way, and the feeling showed on his face. “You are right, Roa – it is foolish of me to take such pride in finery like this. But is has been so long since I had new clothes upon me…I had almost forgotten the feel of it. And new clothes do help a Man feel like a new person. Have you never felt a change of heart with a change of clothes?” He looked at her dress. Privately, he noted how well it brought out the colour of her eyes…

Roa flushed and looked down at her dress, as though seeing it for the first time. “This?” she said, then she laughed with that infectious mirth and Snaveling smiled in return. It was a healthy smile and a sincere one. Toby chortled deep in his throat and listed a bit to one side, Snaveling had to catch him lightly and right him. Roa held out the edge of her cloak and looked back at Snaveling. “I borrowed this for the party. It would not do for me to have come in my travelling garb. Do you like it?”

Something caught in Snaveling’s throat. “Yes,” he muttered past the thickness, “I do.” He cleared his throat and then said, a bit teasingly, “So you too felt the need to appear in better cloth for this party? And you question me wanting new clothes? You saw the rags I arrived in. Were they worthy of this?” and he swept his hand about, indicating the room. Roa laughed once more and agreed that they were not. She looked back at the Man and examined his clothes again, but something caught her eye: the amulet that he wore about his neck. She had seen it before, but always it had been sullied and half hidden by the ragged ends of his tunic and cloak. Now that it was polished and lay open in the centre of his chest, backed only by the rich black of his clothes, she could see it clearly. Roa leaned in a bit closer to see it, and Snaveling recoiled, clasping it in his hand. Roa looked up at him, and Snaveling could not understand why he had reacted as he did. He felt a dread of her looking at the amulet, and he did not know why.

Roa held out her hand, her eyes moving ever so slowly from curiosity to command. “May I see that, Snaveling. Please?” For a moment Snaveling considered refusing, but he remembered that he was still bound to her for justice, and as he looked at her eyes he realised that he could refuse nothing she commanded. He lifted the amulet from about his neck and handed it to her. It felt as heavy as lead.

Roa took it in her hands and turned it over in the light. It was ancient and made of an odd metal that shone like silver… Roa gasped. “Mithril!” she said. “Why this amulet is made of pure mithril! Where did you get it?”

Snaveling paused before answering, the unexplainable dread growing in his mind like panic. “It has always been mine. I did not steal it, if that is what you mean!” He could have bitten his tongue out for such an answer, and to make amends he answered more civilly. “It is an heirloom. My uncle gave it to me before I left home. It’s supposed to be from the First Days – when our people first returned to Middle-Earth from across the Sea.”

“You say ‘returned’” Roa replied slowly, her eyes growing hard. “You said once before that your people were related to the Black Numenoreans. Is it of them that you speak?” Snaveling shrugged. In truth, he knew little about his heritage, for his people were hunters and not loremasters. Roa looked back at the amulet and peered at it as closely as she could. “There is a device engraved on it,” she said, almost to herself. “It looks like…” She dropped it to the table as though it were a burning coal. “I know that device!” she said like iron. “Seven stars above a crown: the device of Ar-Pharazôn, last king of the Numenoreans; the Golden King who lead the Men of the West to their destruction and who lies now in the Caves of the Forgotten until the breaking of the world!”

Snaveling stared at Roa, shocked by her rage. Toby opened his eyes and looked back and forth between Man and Woman. “Is that bad?” he asked in a small voice.

Roa’s eyes blazed. “Ar-Pharazôn was the fool and lapdog of Sauron. It was he who destroyed the glory of Numenor and lead her to ruin. And you, Snaveling, bear his device and claim it as an heirloom. How did your family come by it, and what manner of people are you…” Her eyes grew wide at the suddenness of a horrible idea. She leaned forward and glared at Snaveling with all the intensity of her people’s will. “Tell me Man of the South. You’ve said many times that you’ve wandered the wastes of Middle-Earth for years uncounted. But you do not appear so old. I would deem you a man in his early forties.” She paused again and fixed Snaveling with her eyes. “How old are you Snaveling?”

The Man felt suddenly hot and confused. What did that matter? He cast about again but Roa’s eyes drew him back to her. He struggled to resist them, but it was pointless. Imperceptibly, his shoulders sagged. “Seventy-eight,” he whispered. “I am seventy-eight.”

Last edited by Fordim Hedgethistle; 04-19-2004 at 07:19 AM.
Old 04-19-2004, 07:52 AM   #333
Witch_Queen
Shade of Carn Dûm

Witch_Queen has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Witch_Queen Send a message via MSN to Witch_Queen Send a message via Yahoo to Witch_Queen
Aduthondiel
The elf was tired of waiting around to talk to Aman. The party was well under way and all she wanted to do was ride her horse where no one would disturb them. Adu refilled her mug and walked towards the stables so she could see how Count was. Adu saw that Count was fine actually it seemed that for once in his life the horse was finally at peace. That is fine my friend since it seems that we will not have to worry about fighting a war anytime soon. You can finally rest my old friend. After all we have been together for so many years.

Since her horse was fine Adu turned back towards the inn walking slowly so she could enjoy what peace she could find. I'm not use to celebrations like this. Plus it seems like the musicians are about to begin playing. It will only end in another day alone. Everything seemed better to her now that she had gotten some fresh air. Adu's mug was half empty now and she didn't know whether or not she should refill it. Too much ale is bad for an elf. Better stop now while I'm ahead. She looked around to see that Aman and the "band" was moving some tables. They can't do it all by themselves. Better help them before they get hurt. "Could you use some help with those tables?" Adu didn't wait for an answer. The tables were heavier than they looked. It was either that or she had definatley drunk too much ale. "Aman can I speak with you for a moment? That is if you can spare a few seconds."
Old 04-19-2004, 09:28 AM   #334
Galadel Vinorel
Shade of Carn Dûm

Galadel Vinorel has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Galadel Vinorel Send a message via Yahoo to Galadel Vinorel
Galadel

Soon we shall play, thought Galadel, oh how my hands long to play. Her hand once again ran the length of her flute as Aman began to move the tables around for them to play, sing and dance.

Beside the elf she heard one of the hobbit lasses, Lily say, "Why don't we all go help Aman push the table over? Those are pretty big tables, and Aman looks like she could use some help." Lily stood up and began to walk towards Aman. Galadel stood up at well, looking over at the other hobbit girls.

"Do not worry about playing in front of the crowd. I am sure that you all will do well," Galadel said to them, smiley reassuringly down at them. Then she added softly, as if to herself,"It will be good to play here again, after so many years." Shaking herself as if from a dream, Galadel reached down a hand to help Mira stand up. "Come my fellow flute player. Let us help Aman move those tables so that those butterflies in your stomach may calm down a bit," said Galadel, winking at the hobbit, "By the way, I believe that I forgot my manners and did not tell you all my name. I am Galadel of the Lothlorien, and I am pleased to meet all of you." The elf bowed her head cordially as she said this.

She then straightened and moved towards Aman and Lily to help move the tables. Out of the corner of her eye the elf saw Roa and Tobias sitting with a transformed Snaveling in their midst. In Roa's hand she held Snaveling's amulet, now throughly polished and shining like new. Even from afar Galadel could feel the air of fear and mystery that was surrounding the three at the moment. Something is terribly wrong, I must go over there when I am finished playing, thought Galadel.

But suddenly Galadel stopped in midstride. She began to shake. Someone was calling to her through the mind. Turning, she faced Roa, who was staring directly at her. Silently Roa was screaming at her, for something was very wrong. Entering Roa's mind, with her permission, the elf searched through her last few memories and thoughts.

Roa took it in her hands and turned it over in the light. It was ancient and made of an odd metal that shone like silver… Roa gasped. “Mithril!” she said. “Why this amulet is made of pure mithril! Where did you get it?”

Snaveling paused before answering, the unexplainable dread growing in his mind like panic. “It has always been mine. I did not steal it, if that is what you mean!” He could have bitten his tongue out for such an answer, and to make amends he answered more civilly. “It is an heirloom. My uncle gave it to me before I left home. It’s supposed to be from the First Days – when our people first returned to Middle-Earth from across the Sea.”

“You say ‘returned’” Roa replied slowly, her eyes growing hard. “You said once before that your people were related to the Black Numenoreans. Is it of them that you speak?” Snaveling shrugged. In truth, he knew little about his heritage, for his people were hunters and not loremasters. Roa looked back at the amulet and peered at it as closely as she could. “There is a device engraved on it,” she said, almost to herself. “It looks like…” She dropped it to the table as though it were a burning coal. “I know that device!” she said like iron. “Seven stars above a crown: the device of Ar-Pharazôn, last king of the Numenoreans; the Golden King who lead the Men of the West to their destruction and who lies now in the Caves of the Forgotten until the breaking of the world!”

Snaveling stared at Roa, shocked by her rage. Toby opened his eyes and looked back and forth between Man and Woman. “Is that bad?” he asked in a small voice.

Roa’s eyes blazed. “Ar-Pharazôn was the fool and lapdog of Sauron. It was he who destroyed the glory of Numenor and lead her to ruin. And you, Snaveling, bear his device and claim it as an heirloom. How did your family come by it, and what manner of people are you…” Her eyes grew wide at the suddenness of a horrible idea. She leaned forward and glared at Snaveling with all the intensity of her people’s will. “Tell me Man of the South. You’ve said many times that you’ve wandered the wastes of Middle-Earth for years uncounted. But you do not appear so old. I would deem you a man in his early forties.” She paused again and fixed Snaveling with her eyes. “How old are you Snaveling?”

The Man felt suddenly hot and confused. What did that matter? He cast about again but Roa’s eyes drew him back to her. He struggled to resist them, but it was pointless. Imperceptibly, his shoulders sagged. “Seventy-eight,” he whispered. “I am seventy-eight.”

Oh no, thought Galadel, how can this be? Could Snaveling be the heir of Ar-Pharazon? No, no, he does not seem noble enough...but, yet...the amulet

Galadel starred hard at Roa and the woman returned her stare. "What should we do," said Roa into the elf's mind. "Nothing," returned Galadel, "Not until we know more. Do nothing, Roa, until I return to you after playing the song." Roa nodded, and turned back to Tobia and Snaveling.

Galadel sighed and moved once again towards Aman and the others, to move the tables for the singing, playing, and dancing that would soon begin.
“Words can never convey the incredible impact of our attitude toward life. The longer I live the more convinced I become that life is 10 percent what happens to us and 90 percent how we respond to it." -Charles R. Swindoll
Old 04-19-2004, 09:47 AM   #335
Amanaduial the archer
Shadow of Starlight

Silmaril Aman

Aman smiled her thanks at the hobbit maids and Aduthondiel as they helped her to push the heavy tabls together with magnificent effort. Looking at their faces, she saw underneath the nervousness some sort of sparkling anticipation, something which over-rode the anxiousness and inspired the Innkeeper's confidence. Yes, they would be fine, she was sure.

Standing in front of the tables which, as an afterthought, she had brought to a more central position in the room, greeted by puzzled looks from the customers, Aman clapped her hands twice and addressed the people, big and small, all around.

"Ladies and gentlemen," she began, her Rohirrim accent clear and crisp, causing the room to quiet a little. "We are priviledged tonight to have some extra entertainment for this party - a group of musicians to play for us. I present to you, to celebrate a new era of this Inn, Misses Willow, Daisy, Mira and Lily!"

To the sound of applause, Aman helped the hobbits gracefully onto chairs around the tables and from there onto the tables itself. Willow was last and as Aman helped her up, she held onto her hand for a moment, smiling as the hobbit looked down at her. "Thank you," the Innkeeper whispered.

Turning to one side, Aman looked inquiringly at Aduthondiel as she drew her to one side. "Thank you for your help there, miss - now how can I help you?"
Old 04-19-2004, 09:51 AM   #336
bilbo_baggins
Shade of Carn Dûm

Location: In my front hallway, grabbing my staff, about to head out my door
bilbo_baggins has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via Yahoo to bilbo_baggins
Enessar

As Enessar passed the table with the shady man and the pretty woman he overheard a suprising tidbit.

"Seventy-eight?" he mused to himself, "and the man looks not older than mid forties; obviously he is of the Kindred-born, the Numenoreans. Though whether Black or Dunedain, I shall have to learn."

Pardoning himself for the intrusion, he sat near the couple, listening intently. He noticed the woman glanced over at a fellow Eldar, a female. "Now why would she do something like that?" he wondered, trying to understand this strange turn of events in this humble establishment.

"I think I'll keep my eye on this pair for a time," Enessar said to himself, "They are definitely worth my while."
Old 04-19-2004, 12:45 PM   #337
Roa_Aoife
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Roa_Aoife is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Roa paused, eyes that were usually alert unfocused. With one hand she loosely held the amulet, with the other she grasped the edge of the table. Taking Galadel's advice, she handed the amulet back to SNaveling and regained control. Roa forced herself to smile, and relax. All in due time... She looked at her friends across the table; both seemed rather wary of her sudden calm. With one last glace at Galadel, she focused her attention back to her friends.

"Forgive my outburst, I was taken by surprise. That is no rare trinket, Snaveling. Be careful of whom you reveal it to." For the first time in a long time, Roa felt truly afraid. As a servant of Isuldur's heir, she would be veiwed as traitorous to the extreme by a descendant of Ar-Pharazôn. If Snaveling was truly his heir, he was her blood enemy. Oh, Bram! I wish you were here to guide me... In her distress, Roa did not notice the new presence just a few feet away.

I didn't say you're evil, Roa, I said you're exasperating. -Nerwen
Old 04-19-2004, 03:07 PM   #338
Maeggaladiel
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Location: The end of the world as we know it. I feel fine, incidentally.
Maeggaladiel has just left Hobbiton.
Eye Eleniel and Arrow

Eleniel blinked in suprise.

"Really?" she asked. "You just... woke up with nothing but a sword?" She shook her head, trying to think how it must feel to just wake up with no memories of a home, a family, or a life. She couldn't.

"My sympathies, friend," she said seriously. "I truly hope that you find what you seek. If I can do anything to help, just ask." Isaac's story reminded her of a tale she had heard about an elf named Ysuran Auondril with a simialar predicament. However, the elf had the help of a seer named Omduil to help him find his past, wheras Isaac did not seem to have anyone.

"Do you always travel alone?" she asked. "You should find a dog! Sure, Arrow can be a handful sometimes, but he is my best friend. I don't think I would be able to make my yearly journey without him."

Meanwhile...

Arrow's ears flattened against his head. That darned rabbit got away, ducking into a hole before the dog could catch him. Oh well. His mistress probably had some bread left, and it was high time for his ears to be scratched again.

After kicking a clod of dirt down the rabbit's hole for good measure, Arrow turned and trotted back towads the Green Dragon Inn.

He did not pay attention to the sound of an approaching carraige as he neared the cobblestone street.
Old 04-19-2004, 03:31 PM   #339
Archsage Isaac
Animated Skeleton

Archsage Isaac has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via MSN to Archsage Isaac
"Of course I travel alone, Eleniel. It doesn't bother me, I've no reason to be bothered. I do thank you for your sympathies, but I do not see how anyone could help me find what I need. No offense, this is my struggle, and I feel I must go alone." Isaac said, kindly. It made him feel good that she had referred to him as 'friend'.

Shaking his head, he turned to the general direction of where a woman had just went into an outburst. While looking, he saw the newly clothed Snaveling. I don't like the sounds of that at all. I only hope that no one becomes violent, not in here anyway... his thoughts were like this for several moments. He gripped his sword and waited to see where this chain of events would take them.
Old 04-19-2004, 04:00 PM   #340
Kransha
Ubiquitous Urulóki

Location: The port of Mars, where Famine, Sword, and Fire, leash'd in like hounds, crouch for employment
Kransha has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Kransha
“Umm…You’ll both have to forgive me, but I really don’t understand. All this about Ar-Phorzora or Phizaru or whatever you called him escapes me. The ways of the Shire are known to me, but this knowledge is not one of the many things I’ve learned. I caught something about Forgotten Caves, a Golden King, and something about a lapdog, but I think the rest of this is completely beyond me. Here now, let me understand. Snaveling: You are seventy-eight years old, yes?”

“Yes, seventy-eight.” responded the man of the south, looking dejected in the face of Roa, who seemed to have taken back her outburst. Toby only wished to understand what was going on. This whole thing had flown by with an incredible speed rearing it and the whole, heated discourse between Roa and Snaveling had been lost on him. He was trying now to regain what composure he had left.

“And the amulet mentioned prior is made of?”

“Mithril.” The single word of response was more than enough. Though he wasn’t wise of such things, Tobias Hornblower still had a good idea of what mithril was. Some material mined by dwarves…or was it elves? Well, it didn’t matter. The point was, it was either valuable, magical, or just very shiny.

“Ah yes, I do believe I caught that part. And Ar-Pharzaro is?”

“Not important.” Snaveling, probably impatient with the hobbit’s curiosity, nearly snapped back.

Toby felt that it probably was important, but didn’t seek the question any further. He understood mostly what had happened, though he didn’t know the details. Even though the fiery conversation was over, both Roa and Snaveling looked subdued. Toby, grumbling to himself as an odd silence tried to descend on the trio, spoke up with as jovial and jocund air as he had ever mustered. What came out sounded more like a oratory proclamation than a heartfelt request.

“Though it seems a little late to salvage the situation, I believe we should all remember that this is a party. Perhaps we should be ‘partying’ instead of sitting here and talking about such things. There is singing to be sung, tales to be told, dancing to be done, drink to be drunk, and all manner of things that could distract us from any sadness or anger within us. This is the Green Dragon Inn and celebration is afoot. For once, if you can, be merry, my friends. In the Shire, you can leave these troubles behind and join the festivities…If it’s the one favor you ever do me.” Toby chortled, even though he was deadly serious now. He was going to make sure that everything worked out this night. He hadn’t been charitable for nothing.
Old 04-19-2004, 05:36 PM   #341
Firefoot
Illusionary Holbytla

The tables were pushed together, and they were ready to begin.

"Ladies and gentlemen," announced Aman, "We are priviledged tonight to have some extra entertainment for this party - a group of musicians to play for us. I present to you, to celebrate a new era of this Inn, Misses Willow, Daisy, Mira and Lily!" Lily blushed at the applause as Aman helped the hobbits up onto the table. Lily surveyed the room quickly, with an unaccustomed feeling of height over the Big Folk. Many of the patrons of the inn were watching them expectantly, waiting for them to begin. Lily gave one more glance at her fellow musicians, seeing in their faces a touch of nervousness and anticipation combined with just the right amount of confidence and excitement to promise a stellar performance.

"Where shall we begin?" Lily murmured to the others. "A slow one to start maybe? Like the one Willow played?" The others nodded their assent, and Willow did the honors of beginning the song. Lily joined in a few beats later, and she could hear the others doing the same. The sound of fiddles and flutes and Daisy's clear voice rose over any other noise in the inn, and at a point unknown to Lily, she became completely ignorant of anything else happening in the inn, aware only of the harmony of their music and her fiddle. She played as she had never played before, and the music became her all, the only thing that currently mattered. When the song ended, she was almost shocked to find that she was still in the common room surrounded by many other people. A big grin lit her face when she realized what they had accomplished. It had been perfect.
Old 04-19-2004, 11:13 PM   #342
Eowyn Skywalker
Shade of Carn Dûm

Shield Willow

Willow breathed out tightly as she realized what she had just done. It came as if a dream later, standing up there, and entertaining the entire 'Dragon crowd that day. But they were there, and playing as one.

She had started the first song, and it had went well enough, in her opinion. A smile lit across her face, as she realized that she wasn't afraid to let herself be heard by all the others at the Inn. "A faster one next," she whispered to Lily. "You played one before, go for it!"

Willow smiled openly, and let herself fall into the music, to play as she never had played before. She let her fiddle become a part of her, as if it was part of her arm, and the sound rose up, and across the Inn, the sounds of the fiddle, and flute played together. It was beautiful.

Never before had Willow let herself play in this manner, and she was enjoying every bit of it. The music swelled up from within her, and was the sweetest thing she had ever heard.

And the music filled the Inn, filling the air with music.
Old 04-20-2004, 06:31 AM   #343
Witch_Queen
Shade of Carn Dûm

Send a message via AIM to Witch_Queen Send a message via MSN to Witch_Queen Send a message via Yahoo to Witch_Queen
Aduthondiel
"Thank you for your help there, miss - now how can I help you?" Adu was glad that she was finally going to get a chance to talk to Aman.
"Miss Aman, I am Aduthondiel. Well Crystal and Hama call me Adu. I was wondering if there was any way I could possibly help with the celebration for the rest of the night. Crystal has gone to find Angry and Hama went back to Rohan to take over the position of General." Adu went on to tell Aman about how Crystal was told about her father's death. How Hama had decided that he was the right one to take over for General Dorian.

"All I want to do is find something to do tonight besides sit around and watch everyone else. Plus Count seems too cozy to go out for a ride tonight. I guess I have no one else to talk to so I decided that I wanted to help in any way I could." Adu wanted to help or atleast find herself to be usefull in some way. There was usually something for her to do back in Rohan when Dorian was there. Yet that time had passed and Adu didn't know what else she was going to do when Hama returned with the rightful position of General.

Hama will return and we will finally be able to move on with life. Hopefully there will not be a war for many years. Adu smiled at the thought of Hama returning to the Shire.
Old 04-20-2004, 10:45 AM   #344
Amanaduial the archer
Shadow of Starlight

Silmaril Aman

Aman was a little taken aback by the odd request.

"My dear, it is a party! The best way to help me would be to enjoy yourself - and I say that truly," she added sincerely, though with a smile, laying a hand on Aduthondiel's arm. "I had heard some things about Crystal, besides the parts that she had told me, but this Dorian character..." she blew out and shook her head. "All I can say is that it is well that to curse the dead is bad luck for the things I might be tempted to say!

"Aduthondiel, I...I would honestly like you to enjoy yourself. There is nothing that needs doing really, for I have three servers already," she said, referring to Hawthorne, Buttercup and Ruby. "Have a drink. Take a seat. Listen to the music. Find some conversation - there is certainly plenty! Or," she added, looking up as the music sped up into a lively jig. "find a partner, any partner, and lead us in a dance!"

Looking up at the hobbits on their makeshift stage, Aman smiled. They were all now slightly flushed but had a victorious glint in their eyes as their fingers sped over the strings or as they sang gustily. They were really getting into it, and it had lightened the mood of the Inn in a fresh spurt of merry-making - and, as predicted, the drinks were flowing as fast as the music.
Old 04-20-2004, 12:40 PM   #345
Feared Half-Elf
Wight

Feared Half-Elf has just left Hobbiton.
Eye Elkamia

"Larnas Eare," she muttered. "I have heard of it. Myself, I was born in a little known, small forest far to the east, far beyond the Black Land. When the War of the Ring threatened, I was drawn to these lands, Rohan and Gondor mainly, although I did visit Rivendell. I now live in Eryn Lasgalen, and have no intention of returning home for the present." she replied. There was a reason for her not returning to her homeland, but she had no intention of revealing it unless somebody asked outright.

She tweaked the skirts of her simple dress, and was surprised that she wasn't feeling so uncomfortable. 'That's what company does to you.' She thought. 'It forces you to relax. At least I'm not moping in a corner like a punished child, like earlier. I really should learn to relax in a party when I'm alone.'

Monty Python and the Holy Grail.
Old 04-20-2004, 01:56 PM   #346
Maeggaladiel
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Eye Eleniel and Arrow

Quote:
Of course I travel alone, Eleniel. It doesn't bother me, I've no reason to be bothered. I do thank you for your sympathies, but I do not see how anyone could help me find what I need. No offense, this is my struggle, and I feel I must go alone." Isaac said, kindly.
"No offense taken," said Eleniel. Her foot tapped on the floor in time with the music. Things had livened up in the Inn as soon as the makeshift stage had been set up in the center of the room. The musicians seemed to be enjoying themselves, as were all who listened to them. "To each his own, as I always say."

The carraige sped down the cobblestone street. The driver was late, and for that he would pay. Grumbling to himself, he urged the horses to go faster. As he neared the bend in the road, not far from the Green Dragon Inn, a silver dog stepped out into his path. The horses spooked and zig-zagged wildly across the road.

"Oi! Whoa, there!" yelped the driver, but the horses only ran faster. The dog was frozen in place like a statue, it's eyes wide in fear and confusion. THe driver yanked on the reigns with all his might, pulling the horses to the opposite side of the road. Thundering hooves missed the dog by inches, but the wooden carraige wheel caught the hapless mutt in the side.

The dog let out an almost human scream of pain, which frightened the horses further. The driver could not stop, so he was forced to leave the dog lying in the ditch.

The music was joined by an eerie screech from outside. Eleniel's heart missed a beat.

"ARROW!" she cried, leaping to the door. This was bad. This was very bad.
Old 04-20-2004, 03:02 PM   #347
Firefoot
Illusionary Holbytla

After their amazing first performance, Lily was quite ready to continue with the next song. Willow leaned over toward her and whispered, "A faster one next. You played one before, go for it!" Lily happily complied, and began playing the song which she had played earlier. If she had enjoyed the last song, she was in heaven now, playing the song that of her whole repertoire was her favorite, the song that was part of many of her earliest childhood memories. If she had stopped playing long enough to watch her fellow musicians, she would see that they were performing with the same gusto and enthusiasm as she was.

Suddenly Lily was jerked out of the captivating harmony of the music by a scream of pain and a shout that she could not make out. Lily blundered on, hoping she hadn't messed up too badly, and was able to get back in beat, but her concentration was lost, and she was unable to play with the same enthusiasm she had felt just seconds before. Lily had never been one to ignore someone in pain, whether that someone was a young hobbit, one of the Big Folk, or even an animal. She finished the song up with grace. She couldn't see that any of the other people in the common room were paying them much attention anyway, as it seemed many of them were as curious as she as to what had happened outside the Inn.

"What should we do?" Lily asked. "Should we keep going, or should we find out what happened and whether we can help and then come back to playing?" Lily personally was in favor of finding out what had happened and trying to help especially if someone or something was hurt, but if the others all thought it would be better to keep playing, she would stick with them continue playing. She waited anxiously for their answers.
Old 04-20-2004, 03:28 PM   #348
Archsage Isaac
Animated Skeleton

Isaac had been caught up in the music, but was snapped out of it when Eleniel screamed and ran by him. He had heard the scream of pain from outside. He put the weighted cape he'd removed back on and replaced his sheathe on his hip before quickly giving chase after Eleniel. He ran through the doors.

He barely saw Eleniel running back the way that he'd come in. Now that he was outdoors, he knew that he could really move. Isaac ran after her as fast as he could, quickly catching up to her. "What's wrong, Eleniel? What has happened..." His voice trailed off as he saw the horses and the carriage going past them. And where's he off to in such a hurry? he thought, still a bit foggy on the exact details. That is, until he caught a glimpse of something lying in a ditch nearby...
Old 04-20-2004, 05:59 PM   #349
Eowyn Skywalker
Shade of Carn Dûm

Shield Willow

Willow herself jerked a bit as she heard the scream, but tried to tune it out to the best of her abilities.

Once they finished the tune, Willow tucked her violin under her arm. Lily turned to her. "What should we do?" Lily asked. "Should we keep going, or should we find out what happened and whether we can help and then come back to playing?"

Willow caught a tone to the other hobbit's vioce, that implied that she really wanted to go see what happened; a tone of compassion, fear, and anger that something had been hurt. "Tell you what, Lily," Willow said quickly; urgently. "You go and see what happened. The others too, if they so wish. I'll carry on the music for now, and when you get back we can continue. If you want to see what's happening, go! I can handle this, and if Mira, and Daisy wish to go, well, I'll manage. Just return fairly fast, after you find out what happened!"

She spoke quickly because she detested the thought that someone might be injured, but yet did not wish to detain Lily, if she desired to see what was going on. Willow herself was not too curious, she never had been, but she was not one to hold up another in those manners.

"Go," she said. "I do not care if you want to. I can manage, Lily. Go and see what happened!"

Willow took her fiddle back, and tucked it under her chin. "Daisy, Mira, are you going to go with Lily? If you are, I'll manage her. Just be fairly quick!"
Old 04-20-2004, 08:19 PM   #350
Mad Baggins
Shade of Carn Dûm

Location: A place where after thunder golden showers come falling like a rain of flowers.
Mad Baggins has just left Hobbiton.
Mira

Mira faltered in mid-chord as the scream sounded, but gathered herself together quickly and managed to complete the song. When it was done, the four hobbits gathered together to decide what to do. Lily clearly wanted to go see whether someone was hurt. Willow noticed as well, and said, "Tell you what, Lily. You go and see what happened. The others too, if they so wish. I'll carry on the music for now, and when you get back we can continue. If you want to see what's happening, go! I can handle this, and if Mira, and Daisy wish to go, well, I'll manage. Just return fairly fast, after you find out what happened!"

She spoke this quickly, adding soon after, "Go. I do not care if you want to. I can manage, Lily. Go and see what happened!" She tucked her fiddle under her chin and asked the other two hobbits if they were going to join Lily or stay with her.

Mira spoke up. "I cannot look at injured people; I don't know why but it has always been like that for me. I will stay here with Willow." She drummed her fingers on her flute, waiting for Daisy to announce her choice.
Old 04-20-2004, 09:13 PM   #351
Fordim Hedgethistle
Gibbering Gibbet

Fordim Hedgethistle has been trapped in the Barrow!
Snaveling’s mind whirled. Much as he wanted to match Toby’s mood of celebration, he found it difficult to centre himself sufficiently. He was tempted to order another six or seven strong ales, but he resisted, remembering how the drink had got him into trouble earlier in the evening. He was spared having to reply to Toby, or to Roa, by the arrival of a stranger who sat at their table and looked at them without a word. Before Snaveling could demand what he wanted a bunch of ridiculous Halflings climbed onto a table and began belabouring the crowd with one of their songs. Snaveling was stunned to see Galadel playing her flute alongside them. Briefly, his eyes met those of the Elf and he felt her reach out to him with her mind. Snaveling slammed shut the doors of his consciousness and he could feel the Elven woman recoil with surprise.

Who in the name of my father is Ar-Pharazôn he wondered. The “Golden King” sounded familiar, but he had never paid much heed to the old tales of the First Days. There had been a story of a great Prince called…what was it?…Tar-something, Tar-Calion! That was it. He had led a fleet to assail the Enemies of the West, but before he could complete his journey…or had it been before?…he had been deposed by traitors. Snaveling remembered the childish tales that his uncle told him about the young nephew and heir of the Prince who had left their island kingdom and come to hide among Snaveling’s people. The gods had destroyed the Island in vengeance for the overthrow of the rightful King by the traitorous group who called themselves…what was it they called themselves? The loyal? The Faithful! Snaveling shook his head – what did such fairy-tales have to do with him?

Roa was looking at him. She has apparently recovered from whatever had upset her, but Snaveling could see that she was simply biding her time until she could confer with Galadel. He put the amulet about his neck once more, but this time he made sure to slip it beneath his tunic. “You are quite right Tobias,” he said as soon as the music had stopped. “We should do our utmost to enjoy the tenor of this night. I for one could use some mirth!” But even as he spoke, the weight of the evening lay heavy on him. To distract himself from the darkness of his own thoughts he turned to the stranger who now sat beside them. “What of you, sir? You must think us a strange group to be so caught up in dark matters when there’s a party to enjoy.”

Last edited by Fordim Hedgethistle; 04-21-2004 at 09:34 AM.
Old 04-21-2004, 06:02 AM   #352
Beruthiel
Shade of Carn Dûm

Beruthiel has just left Hobbiton.
Daisy's face was flushed from dancing and she wiped sweat from her brow. She for one had nearly fallen off the table top from the shock of the piercing cry of pain from outside. The other hobbits had quickly finished the song and were still standing on top of the table tops, above the heads of the inn's patrons. The little hobbit lass felt quite strange on that table and she dreaded looking over the edge of the table. Thankfully she had been distracted by the mysterious shriek and stopped worrying about the height from the ground.

She joined the other hobbitlasses in the group. Daisy was aware of the eyes watching the hobbit lasses discussing what they should do. Lily obviously wanted to find out what had happened and secretly Daisy agreed with her. She didn't want to leave Willow alone however and when Mira voiced her choice Daisy felt it would alright if she went with Lily. The thought of someone or something in so much pain that they could scream like that was very disturbing.

"You two will be fine here won't you?" Daisy asked Willow and Mira. Both of them nodded hurriedly.
"Yes, alright then. Lily I'll go with you. Lets go."
Daisy said shortly, anxious to get off the table tops and to find out what had happened outside. She hopped down onto one of the chairs and then onto the floor, nearly tripping over her long dress. She waited for Lily to come down as well before heading towards the door.

Last edited by Beruthiel; 04-21-2004 at 07:39 AM.
Old 04-21-2004, 09:05 AM   #353
Galadel Vinorel
Shade of Carn Dûm

Galadel Vinorel has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Galadel Vinorel Send a message via Yahoo to Galadel Vinorel
White Tree

As the hobbit lasses left to discover who had screamed, Galadel quickly moved away, knowing that they could take care of the injured. Placing her flute back into the pouch at her side, she quickly made her way back to the table where Roa, Snaveling, Tobias, and a new arrival sat. If my eyes are not mistaken, thought Galadel, he looks as if he were one of the Eldar, one of my kin.

Yet, the female elf's eyes strayed from the stranger towards Snaveling. I am worried about him, the elf thought, how will he take the news of his past? No wonder he was able to block my mind probe. Those of that blood always could. Galadel smiled to herself, memories of long ago filling her mind. Ah, sweet Numenor, Galadel said to herself sadly, How I miss your blessed shores! Oh why did thou have to follow the terrible guidance of Sauron?...No, this is not the time for this. There is work to be done. The elf shook her head, as if to awake from a dream.

As Galadel approached the table, Roa turned to her and smiled a wary smile, relieved to see the elf. The elf nodded to the woman, and the ranger returned the greeting. Then Galadel sat down in the chair beside Roa just as Snaveling was saying something to the stranger. “What of you, sir? You must think us a strange group to be so caught up in dark matters when there’s a party to enjoy," said Snaveling, looking over at the traveler.
“Words can never convey the incredible impact of our attitude toward life. The longer I live the more convinced I become that life is 10 percent what happens to us and 90 percent how we respond to it." -Charles R. Swindoll
Old 04-21-2004, 09:57 AM   #354
Maeggaladiel
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Eye Eleniel and Arrow

Her body shaking, Eleniel ran to the gray figure lying in a ditch across the road. She sunk to her knees at Arrow's side. Red stained his silver fur like wine on gray silk.

She was dimly aware of the crowd of patrons who had run outside to see what the commotion was about, but she paid them little heed, her mind numbed.

"Arrow," she whispered softly. The dog whined misrebly.

Arrow had been her dearest friend and traveling companion for years. She had raised him herself; he was the silvery runt of an otherwise coal black litter. He had comforted her in sadness, joined in her merriment, and protected her from harm. And now--

"Stop it," she told herself. Arrow thought that she was talking to him and ceased his whining. Eleniel blinked back tears. Even now, in this moment of pain, her faithful dog heeded his mistress' orders.

"Good boy," she whispered, scratching his nose with one hand and exploring his wound with the other. She sighed in relief. It was not a fatal blow, as she had feared, but he would need medical attention.

How would she move him? He was not a small dog by any stretch of the imagination, and she feared that abusive handling would cause him more pain. Where would he be safe?

She looked behind her, suprised to see the number of people who had come to her side. Isaac was among them.

"Arrow is hurt," she said, her voice shaking. "Could you help me move him to the stable? And is anyone here a healer?" Arrow's tail wagged a little as he saw Isaac.
Old 04-21-2004, 10:13 AM   #355
Archsage Isaac
Animated Skeleton

Isaac crouched down beside Eleniel. Upon seeing Isaac, Arrow wagged his tail. "Here, I'll carry him back." Isaac said, slowly moving to Arrow. Eleniel looked at him like he was crazy. "Trust me, I can carry him." Isaac had the upmost confidence in himself. Quickly, he walked into the ditch.

Arrow was on the bank, making Isaac's job of picking him up that much easier. He placed one hand under Arrow's neck, the other near the base of his tail. He stepped back out of the ditch. Arrow began to whine again, just a bit. "Arrow, save your strength until we get back to the stables..." Isaac whispered to the dog. "Eleniel, you'll have to keep him calm while we walk." said Isaac, slowly taking a step back in the direction of the Inn.
Old 04-21-2004, 12:33 PM   #356
Feared Half-Elf
Wight

Feared Half-Elf has just left Hobbiton.
Eye

Hearing the scream from outside, Elkamia apologised to her companions and fled out the door, hitching up her now troublesome long skirt with one hand. Anybody looking at her would think her for a madwoman, rather than a dignified elf. She didn't care for their thoughts at this moment.

A small group gathered around the ditch. A man began to carry a silvery dog out of the ditch, and Elkamia went to the side of the woman who she assumed was the dog's owner.

"Excuse me, I cannot help but wonder if that dog is yours. If my skills are required, I am happy to lend them. My name is Elkamia, I have a skill with herblore and healing." Years in the wilderness had taught her much about herbs and their uses.

Monty Python and the Holy Grail.
Old 04-21-2004, 01:29 PM   #357
Witch_Queen
Shade of Carn Dûm

Aduthondiel
Adu decided that Aman was right. Someone needed to get the dancing started so Adu began dancing all by herself. The music was wonderful but no one was really enjoying it. Adu danced passed a couple of hobbits and returned to pull them out to the dance floor. I might be seen as a drunk elf. I don't care. It is about time for me to enjoy myself Adu giggled as she danced around the inn pulling people out of their chairs to join her in dance.

She wasn't sure if she wanted to sit down and drink another mug of ale.She looked over at Aman and began to laugh again. Adu wasn't sure about being the only one dancing all by themself. She still missed Hama but knew that she had to make sure that while he was gone she was able to stay happy. So many people were dancing now and Adu wasn't sure what else to do. Once the music stopped Adu would return back to her miserable state. She wished that Crystal and Angry was there so she could see the happy couple dance around in merriment. Never before had Adu been able to see Crystal and Angry enjoy each others company without having to worry about Dorian ruining everything.

I am glad that everything is turning out right. To think it only seems like yesterday when I first met Crystal. That was when Crystal was just a little girl on her father's knee. Those were the days. They always grow up and eventually there is some sort of trouble between them and yourself. Yet that is the way it is. Adu countinued to dance and giggle despite her on growing fear of Hama never returning. "Its a wonderful night to dance to wonderful music."
Old 04-21-2004, 01:48 PM   #358
Maeggaladiel
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Eye Eleniel and Arrow

Eleniel was suprised at how easily and gently Isaac gathered the large dog into his arms and bore him out of the ditch.

"Eleniel, you'll have to keep him calm while we walk," he said. Eleniel nodded.

"Thank you," she said. Then she turned to the ball of fur in his arms. "Everything will be fine, Arrow," she said in reply to his soft whining.

"Excuse me," came a voice from behind her. Eleniel turned, suprised, and found herself looking into the eyes of an elven woman. "I cannot help but wonder if that dog is yours," the elf continued. "If my skills are required, I am happy to lend them. My name is Elkamia, I have a skill with herblore and healing."

"Yes, thank you!" said Eleniel, relieved. "My name is Eleniel, and this is indeed my dog, Arrow. I think.. I think he was hit by a carriage. I do not think his wound is fatal, but he needs some medical attention. I can pay you for your services, Lady Elkamia."
Old 04-21-2004, 02:10 PM   #359
Firefoot
Illusionary Holbytla

1420!

Daisy had gotten down from the table and was waiting for Lily to follow. Lily hurried after her and they headed out the door, where they could see that a crowd of people was already gathered. Lily nudged the person standing next to her.

"What's going on?" she asked. "Is somebody hurt?"

"Aye, someone's dog was hit by a carriage is what they're saying. Not a fatal wound, but serious nonetheless," the man replied.

"Thank you, sir," said Lily. She and Daisy pushed to the front of the crowd. Lily didn't know if her help was needed or not but she was plenty willing to give it. She hated to see living things suffer. Up ahead, she saw a tall man carrying the dog she had heard to be injured and two women talking together. She realized it was the same woman and dog that had sat and listened to their music a short while ago.

"Come on," she said to Daisy. They walked up to the two women. Lily said, "My name is Lily, and this is my friend Daisy. I hope your dog's okay? Do you need any help?"
Old 04-21-2004, 02:39 PM   #360
Maeggaladiel
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

White Tree Eleniel and Arrow

"My name is Lily, and this is my friend Daisy. I hope your dog's okay? Do you need any help?" Eleniel was tore her eyes away from her dog to meet the worried gazes of two hobbit lasses.

"Pleased to meet you, Ladies Lily and Daisy." Eleniel said, recognizing them as two of the Inn's musicians. "Although I wish we had met under happier circumstances. Yes, I believe my dog will be all right, after he recieves some medical attention." She looked at the elven woman at her side. "This kind woman here has offered her aid as a healer."

"As for helping, I'm.. I'm not quite certain what needs to be done." The quaver had returned to her voice. "Although I'm sure Arrow here will be pleased with all the extra attention he'll be getting. We're trying to take him to the stables, where he can rest. I'd keep him in my room, but I doubt that the inkeeper would appreciate us dragging a bleeding dog through the Green Dragon's eating quarters." She smiled, trying to mask her worry with humor.