Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Roleplaying > Elvenhome
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 01-18-2009, 03:24 PM   #1321
Gwathagor
Shade with a Blade

Gwathagor is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Gwathagor is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Gwathagor is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Send a message via AIM to Gwathagor Send a message via MSN to Gwathagor Send a message via Skype™ to Gwathagor
Quote:
Originally Posted by littlemanpoet View Post

Gwath, if I am not mistaken, Thornden should also be part of the sword fights, and you may have to change things. Perhaps I might make a suggestion, that you take Ginna's fight with Degas from the second round to the first, and also replace Degas' name with Thornden in Degas' first round fight?
I think you may be mistaken, actually. He's never been in any of the official game rosters.
Old 01-18-2009, 06:13 PM   #1322
Gwathagor
Shade with a Blade

Gwathagor is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Gwathagor is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Gwathagor is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Send a message via AIM to Gwathagor Send a message via MSN to Gwathagor Send a message via Skype™ to Gwathagor
Phew. That was epic. I hope I represented Eodwine and Degas well, LMP and Fea.

If you'd like Thornden to be included, LMP, I could try to go back and edit him into the earlier fights somehow. Just let me know.
Old 01-18-2009, 08:12 PM   #1323
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

Location: In a tiny, insignificant little town in one of the many States.
Folwren is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Folwren is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Heck, why not? Go ahead and add him. I never did add his name to list - I thought that we had an even number of people for the game, so I didn't want to mess things up. But in your post it said it was odd, so to make it an even match, go ahead and add him! He should be in it anyway.

-- Foley
Old 01-18-2009, 10:40 PM   #1324
Feanor of the Peredhil
La Belle Dame sans Merci

Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Send a message via MSN to Feanor of the Peredhil
Wow-

That was fantastic. Great writing, Gwath!

I was gasping when the limp proved to be feigned - "He was faking it!"

I never once felt like Degas wasn't very much himself, and that's an impressive feat, to take somebody's character and render them so well that the writer and creator feels like it's totally natural.

Great job. Loved it.
Old 01-19-2009, 12:37 AM   #1325
Gwathagor
Shade with a Blade

Thanks, I'm glad Degas was true to life.

I just read the post straight through for the first time and found that it's really quite exciting!
Old 01-19-2009, 10:51 AM   #1326
littlemanpoet
Itinerant Songster

littlemanpoet is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.littlemanpoet is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
That was quite handily done, Gwath! Thanks for taking time out from your busy drama producing schedule to do it. And you handled Eodwine's personality quite well, especially at the end. Now, flush from having his head removed from his neck --- at least so it would have been if it had been in earnest (pardon the pun) --- he is ready to have his widowerhood removed and let the nuptials begin!

As to that, I like all 6 points of Groin's wedding info post - they'll just have to be adapted to Eorling and Scarburg circumstances. I'll bet Harreld has a sword he can "sell" or offer to Degas and Saeryn that will serve as the gift sword. In fact, that might be a fun couple of posts to write, getting that all situated.

Consider this: Saeryn has not yet even thought of bride price and dowry concerns, and I'm expecting her to think of them at some point quite soon...
Old 01-19-2009, 10:59 AM   #1327
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

Folwren is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Folwren is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Quote:
Consider this: Saeryn has not yet even thought of bride price and dowry concerns, and I'm expecting her to think of them at some point quite soon...
Hm. I guess I need to think of them first. lol. When I have a moment - today is surprisingly full of necessary responsibilities. I do want to post, though, so maybe this afternoon I'll write something.

-- folwren
Old 01-19-2009, 10:59 AM   #1328
Gwathagor
Shade with a Blade

Quote:
That was quite handily done, Gwath! Thanks for taking time out from your busy drama producing schedule to do it. And you handled Eodwine's personality quite well, especially at the end.
Ok, good. I'm always concerned that I'll misrepresent someone's character.

And, honestly, that post was a HECK of a lot of fun to write. I wasn't sure at all how it would go - I just sat down and started writing out the fight, blow by blow, and, man, did it turn out to be exciting! I felt like I was one (or all?) of the characters, I felt all their adrenaline and surprise and everything. And since I was writing straight through from scratch (which took about two and a half hours), the excitement kept me from getting bored or having to get up and take a break.

Last edited by Gwathagor; 01-19-2009 at 11:05 AM.
Old 01-19-2009, 03:42 PM   #1329
Groin Redbeard
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Groin Redbeard is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Groin Redbeard is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Gwath, that was an exciting ending for an exciting game to conclude a perfect day! Well done.

Quote:
As to that, I like all 6 points of Groin's wedding info post - they'll just have to be adapted to Eorling and Scarburg circumstances. I'll bet Harreld has a sword he can "sell" or offer to Degas and Saeryn that will serve as the gift sword. In fact, that might be a fun couple of posts to write, getting that all situated.
I'm glad that you liked it. If you would like, I have a couple of the soldiers getting ready right now to be the eorl's honor guard.
Old 01-19-2009, 06:21 PM   #1330
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gwathagor View Post
And, honestly, that post was a HECK of a lot of fun to write. I wasn't sure at all how it would go - I just sat down and started writing out the fight, blow by blow, and, man, did it turn out to be exciting! I felt like I was one (or all?) of the characters, I felt all their adrenaline and surprise and everything. And since I was writing straight through from scratch (which took about two and a half hours), the excitement kept me from getting bored or having to get up and take a break.
It is so much fun when that happens! It was very enjoyable to read.
Old 01-20-2009, 05:50 AM   #1331
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Gwath, I loved your post, the end especially. Brilliant. And Groin, I loved your post too - but that might be partly because I just love Matrim, regardless of who's writing him he's always awesome. (And I can rep neither of you right now, because I've been spreading so much reputation lately...)

I'll try to write for Modtryth and/or Cnebba sometime this week.
Old 01-20-2009, 05:59 AM   #1332
littlemanpoet
Itinerant Songster

littlemanpoet is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.littlemanpoet is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
"....fowl play.... So, Groin, he thinks birds were involved? I think you want foul.

I hope Lhuna posts soon for Randvér, because any altercations involving he and Ginna ought to occur before the wedding.
Old 01-20-2009, 09:03 AM   #1333
Groin Redbeard
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Groin Redbeard is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Groin Redbeard is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Quote:
"....fowl play.... So, Groin, he thinks birds were involved? I think you want foul.
Uh oh, it must have been the bird that I ate last night. Sorry about that. All fixed.

Quote:
I hope Lhuna posts soon for Randvér, because any altercations involving he and Ginna ought to occur before the wedding.
I didn't know if we agreed on him making an appearance today. This will be fun to watch, some more drama. Perhaps this will finally give Harreld the spunk he needs to ask Ginna to marry him!
Old 01-22-2009, 10:40 AM   #1334
littlemanpoet
Itinerant Songster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Groin
I didn't know if we agreed on Randvér making an appearance today. This will be fun to watch, some more drama. Perhaps this will finally give Harreld the spunk he needs to ask Ginna to marry him!
Or not.... a lot of this depends on Rand... Before the 20th century, and in some parts of the world to this day, parents OWNED their children.
Old 01-22-2009, 11:06 AM   #1335
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

Oh, please LET'S have it today! Please, please, please!

-- Foley
Old 01-22-2009, 02:57 PM   #1336
Groin Redbeard
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Quote:
Or not.... a lot of this depends on Rand... Before the 20th century, and in some parts of the world to this day, parents OWNED their children.
Then let's bump the old man off! I'm sure Gwath wouldn't mind having Crabannan doing that, would Gwath?
Old 01-22-2009, 05:44 PM   #1337
Gwathagor
Shade with a Blade

Quote:
Originally Posted by Groin Redbeard View Post
Then let's bump the old man off! I'm sure Gwath wouldn't mind having Crabannan doing that, would Gwath?

Not in the least.
Old 01-23-2009, 05:55 AM   #1338
littlemanpoet
Itinerant Songster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Folwren View Post
Oh, please LET'S have it today! Please, please, please!

-- Foley
Well, "today" came and went. Lhuna?

Lucky for Crabannan and Erbrand that you guys are joking....
Old 01-23-2009, 11:52 AM   #1339
Lhunardawen
Hauntress of the Havens

Lhunardawen has been trapped in the Barrow!
Goodness, I'm so sorry guys. I've honestly been trying to craft a post, but this had been a really crazy week (and it's not yet over). Will you give me until Monday? Please please?
Old 01-23-2009, 01:15 PM   #1340
Gwathagor
Shade with a Blade

Quote:
Originally Posted by Groin Redbeard View Post

Why not actually have it come to blows and have Crabannan be justified in delivering a thrashing? That would be an interesting twist - the redemption of Crabannan's brawling nature. Well, I'll have to at least keep that in mind for the future.
Old 01-24-2009, 11:42 AM   #1341
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

Okay! I put up a post that Nogrod and I wrote about the boys and the fathers (and older brother).

Nogrod, if you want anything changed, let me know. As you see, I kind of mixed things up in the beginning, putting stuff you had written intermixed with what I had first written. Tell me if I got anything wrong.

-- Folwren
Old 01-26-2009, 03:47 PM   #1342
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Location: Wearing rat's coat, crowskin, crossed staves in a field behaving as the wind behaves
Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via MSN to Nogrod
Quote:
Nogrod, if you want anything changed, let me know. As you see, I kind of mixed things up in the beginning, putting stuff you had written intermixed with what I had first written. Tell me if I got anything wrong.
Nothing to complain! On the contrary, you did good job emerging those initial versions together and I liked the way you managed to leave the ending without any clear conclusion so there's lot to go for after that post!

Let's then continue, with the wedding I presume? Anyone feeling like writing the ceremonies? Maybe someone involved in the actual wedding?
Old 01-26-2009, 05:22 PM   #1343
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

I believe we're waiting to give Lhuna a chance to write something. She asked for until Monday. I am anxious to see if Randver returns.
Old 01-26-2009, 05:37 PM   #1344
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Location: Wearing rat's coat, crowskin, crossed staves in a field behaving as the wind behaves
Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via MSN to Nogrod
Sorry, my mistake...

Quote:
I am anxious to see if Randver returns.
It would be interesting indeed... Let's see what will come out of it!
Old 01-26-2009, 05:42 PM   #1345
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nogrod View Post
Sorry, my mistake...
Ha! Don't apologize! I almost said the same thing as you, but more...annoyingly, earlier today. You're all good.
Old 01-26-2009, 05:46 PM   #1346
Lhunardawen
Hauntress of the Havens

I'm really, really sorry to keep you all waiting, but I might not make it to my Monday deadline. I had three papers to write over the weekend all due today (it's already Tuesday here), and I'm drained. Maybe I'll celebrate tonight by finally writing that post.
Old 01-26-2009, 05:51 PM   #1347
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

Woah. Where do you live where it's already Tuesday? It's only Monday for me.

Whatever works for me. I'm willing to wait - but I just posted and so can't really speak for others who may be impatient to write.

Hey, Nogrod, since the sword fights have already taken place, in theory, you could write something concerning the boys. As you said, it is open ended and can be continued. Should be - if the grown ups are really interested in knowing what the bet was.

-- Folwren
Old 01-26-2009, 05:55 PM   #1348
Lhunardawen
Hauntress of the Havens

Somewhere to the left of the Pacific Ocean, Foley.

If people want to post ahead, it's alright. Anyway, my post concerning Randver will have to go back all the way to when Ginna and Degas were still fighting. Ooh, time problems. Will that work?

Oh, and Gwath - please have Crabannan ready to be approached while watching that match.
Old 01-26-2009, 11:05 PM   #1349
Gwathagor
Shade with a Blade

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lhunardawen View Post

Oh, and Gwath - please have Crabannan ready to be approached while watching that match.

I am interested to see where this is going.
Old 01-28-2009, 04:52 PM   #1350
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

Okay...well...I'm sorry to be a nudge, but something needs to happen. Nogrod or Lommy? Do you want to kill more time and do more stuff with the boys? I'm game if you are.

-- Ellie
Old 01-28-2009, 09:30 PM   #1351
littlemanpoet
Itinerant Songster

Normally I would say "let's let Lhuna post as soon as she can, retrospectively, and let's go ahead with the story," but I think what Rand does is going to be too pivotal, so I just feel that we have to wait. Sorry.
Old 01-29-2009, 06:18 AM   #1352
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

Quote:
Normally I would say "let's let Lhuna post as soon as she can, retrospectively, and let's go ahead with the story," but I think what Rand does is going to be too pivotal, so I just feel that we have to wait. Sorry.
Don't apologize. I've been waiting long enough for this, I don't mind waiting longer! I was worried that you'd be getting impatient, is all.

-- Foley
Old 01-31-2009, 04:42 AM   #1353
Lhunardawen
Hauntress of the Havens

I was REALLY worried you would be impatient, too, Elempi. But here it is. Finally. Well, after I post it.

By the way, I hope you don't mind if I put words into Harreld's mouth. Let me know if it needs to be changed, please.
Old 01-31-2009, 07:54 AM   #1354
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

Great! That was a wonderful post, Lhuna! This is exciting.

I thought you'd appreciate being told that you twice said 'her daughter' instead of 'his daughter' when talking about Ginna. In the first sentence of the second paragraph, and the last sentence in the third.

Does this mean that you'll be around more often a bit? *hopeful grin*

I won't be able to post for the next two days, but I doubt my characters will be called upon much, unless it were Saeryn.

-- Foley
Old 01-31-2009, 08:10 AM   #1355
Lhunardawen
Hauntress of the Havens

Quote:
Great! That was a wonderful post, Lhuna! This is exciting.

I thought you'd appreciate being told that you twice said 'her daughter' instead of 'his daughter' when talking about Ginna. In the first sentence of the second paragraph, and the last sentence in the third.

Does this mean that you'll be around more often a bit? *hopeful grin*
Thanks, Foley!

*facedesk* I guess that shows how haggard I was while writing that post. I shall go edit.

Of course I want always to be around, but it's not easy to find time for that lately. Perhaps once things pick up, I'll find that when there's a will, there's a way.

Last edited by Lhunardawen; 01-31-2009 at 08:37 AM. Reason: unsplitted infinitive
Old 01-31-2009, 08:33 AM   #1356
Lhunardawen
Hauntress of the Havens

Oh, and in case I had been way too vague, that was Crabannan whom Randvér approached. Gwath, you're up!
Old 01-31-2009, 09:18 AM   #1357
Gwathagor
Shade with a Blade

Oh, ok.
Old 02-03-2009, 12:44 AM   #1358
Gwathagor
Shade with a Blade

Back to you, Lhuna.
Old 02-04-2009, 05:54 AM   #1359
littlemanpoet
Itinerant Songster

I'm stuck. I want to post but can't until Lhuna does....again. Tedium is setting in.

LHUNA!!
Old 02-04-2009, 08:35 AM   #1360
Lhunardawen
Hauntress of the Havens

I'm really sorry, I have 6 lab reports and 2 oral reports to work on for this week. I didn't think I could manage a post, but it was the all caps that did it. Thanks for the pressure, Elempi. And no, I'm not being sarcastic or biting or anything negative - I mean it. At least I know now that I really work well under pressure.

Anyway, I know my post veered away from what I told you before, but my original plan no longer fits the circumstances: Randvér would not talk to another person to point the smith out to him; it seems to me that there wouldn't be enough time anyway, as it didn't seem like a long match; and Ginna and Harreld's exchange would seem out of place if it followed a conversation between Harreld and Randvér. But don't worry, I still intend to have Randvér corner Harreld eventually before Ginna realises that he's around. How, I'm not yet quite sure.