Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-14-2006, 02:00 AM   #201
Tevildo
Shade of Carn Dûm

Tevildo has just left Hobbiton.
Sorry to hear that Durelin.

My save for Azhar and Kwell is filled.
Now Tevildo was a mighty cat--the mightiest of all--and possessed of an evil spirit,...and he was in Melko's constant following; and that cat had all cats subject to him, and he and his subjects were the chasers and getters of meat for Melko's table.
Old 07-14-2006, 04:43 PM   #202
Regin Hardhammer
Shade of Carn Dûm

Regin Hardhammer has just left Hobbiton.
I just put up a save to get the Orcs heading north....this will be the same night that the slave kids who are captured. I am assuming that the Orcs could cover a lot of ground much quicker than the slaves.

Also wanted to save Happy Birthday to Durelin!
Old 07-14-2006, 07:13 PM   #203
Child of the 7th Age
Spirit of the Lonely Star

Child of the 7th Age is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Orofaniel -

Please check your pms.

Child

EDIT: I take that back, because I can't get into your mailbox. Please fill in your save by noon tomorrow (or take it down), or let me know there's a problem. It's been over 48 hours. You need to post by Monday, as that will be the two-week mark.

Last edited by Child of the 7th Age; 07-14-2006 at 07:19 PM.
Old 07-14-2006, 08:43 PM   #204
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

Location: In a tiny, insignificant little town in one of the many States.
Folwren is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Folwren is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
I am back. Tired but unwilling to go to bed - happy that this was my last week at camp, but sad, too, because it was so fun and altogether an excellent experience.

I have read your posts, Tevildo. Looks good. Thanks for carrying Kwell. I'll be able to take it from here.

Hilde, that post with Athwen and Carl looked fine, too.

Tomorrow, I will do my best to catch up on reading and get a post up for both of my characters, but due to work that Mom will put me to, I don't know how much I will manage to accomplish. I may not succeed in doing all that ^^ until Sunday. On second thought, it would be good if I did not write a post for Kwell until Child has filled in her save.

Durelin, I am very, very sorry about your back. My Mom has recently gone through very painful back problems, too. You'll be in my thoughts and prayers.

So long, everyone! I have other threads to check.

-- Folwren
Old 07-15-2006, 08:23 AM   #205
Hilde Bracegirdle
Relic of Wandering Days

Hilde Bracegirdle has just left Hobbiton.
Does anyone else in the "Fellowship" group want to comment on the stone Carl has found? If not, I will plan to to have a post where Carl puts it away, before the Monday deadline.

Also, the hobbit may dream of hearing goats at night, but I've begun having my own dreams...of ponies. With the posts cropping up regarding orcs and horse flesh, I'm beginning to wish that Stumps was not such a well fed creature!
Old 07-15-2006, 10:50 AM   #206
Durelin
Estelo dagnir, Melo ring

Durelin is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Durelin is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
I'll see about getting a post up for both Khamir and Vror today or tomorrow. Vror shall be interested in what Carl and Athwen found; but if I don't get a post up before you'd like to move things along, then go ahead and do so.

Sorry again to everyone that I haven't gotten to post yet.

And thank you so much for your sympathy, and for the birthday wishes.

And if I don't get a post up in good enough time, then please feel free to use Vror as you wish. Just remember he's both curious about things, and reluctant to find out.

Thanks to everyone for bearing with me....
Old 07-15-2006, 12:35 PM   #207
Hilde Bracegirdle
Relic of Wandering Days

Thanks, Durelin. If it is alright with everyone then, I will post Monday for Carl, most likely an introspective post to sort of close out the discovery. I had better get cracking now, hadn't I, since not a syllable is written yet!
Old 07-15-2006, 08:29 PM   #208
Child of the 7th Age

Folwren-

I really liked your post on the thread as well as the part you sent me in the mail with a question. I've gone ahead and added that to the game thread (that's why my tag is there). If there's any problem with that, let me know.

Hilde-

I definitely won't have Lindir or Aiwendil lead us out of camp on Monday until your post goes up.
Old 07-15-2006, 08:33 PM   #209
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

Folwren is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Folwren is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
No, that's no problem, Child. I'm glad you liked it. I didn't exactly round it down to a good stopping point for a post because at that moment I realized that I was probably writing something you might have wanted to do, but I think I'll leave it and let you take it up from there. Does that sound alright?

-- Folwren
Old 07-15-2006, 09:12 PM   #210
Durelin
Estelo dagnir, Melo ring

Durelin is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Durelin is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Posts up for both Khamir and Vror.

I'm afraid with all the things going on with the slave group that they got a little twisted in my head, so I might have missed something or mixed something up. Luckily Khamir isn't the type to want to comment on everything...basically what he's done is called everyone idiots and then resigned himself to being an idiot with them. He's such a dork.

Oh, and Vror's kinda settled himself with leaving, so I'm all ready to move forward.

Sorry that took longer than it should have.

-Durelin

P.S. - The back is a little better, so I'm feeling more up to doing things (the pain made me much more sluggish than usual...which is kinda scary). Should be fine with posting from now on. I'll let everyone know if I'm stupid and do something to mess my back up again.
Old 07-16-2006, 03:35 AM   #211
Brinniel
Reflection of Darkness

Location: Polishing the stars. Well, somebody has to do it; they're looking a little bit dull.
Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Alright, I've finished my last post for the next two weeks. Hopefully, it doesn't read too odd (I am extremely tired and ready to go to bed) and most importantly, I hope everyone approves of what I've written (Yes?). If not, I will be sure to edit as soon as I return, since unfortunately, I will most likely have no access to computers during my trip.
Old 07-16-2006, 05:06 AM   #212
Orofaniel
Mighty Mouse of Mordor

Orofaniel has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Orofaniel
I left for a short vacation, and since the day I came back I've been caught up in work. Therefore I have not been able to read all the posts yet. I'm still on the first page on the RPG thread. (Meaning 60+ more posts to read) Anyway, I will try to finish reading today, and hopefully be able to write a post.

Oro
Old 07-16-2006, 11:42 AM   #213
Regin Hardhammer
Shade of Carn Dûm

Regin Hardhammer has just left Hobbiton.
orcs

OK, I've filled in my save. Child asked me to get the orcs to the slavers camp, since eventually, that's where we'll all join up. For now, the orcs can amuse themselves by stealing donkeys and horses from the slavers. You're also welcome to any money or jewels you'll find lying around the camp. Don't get captured and don't let anyone know you're there.

Oh, yah....I wouldn't advise a fire so I guess we eat our meat raw. It's better like that anyway.

P.S. When I did this save, the slavers were still asleep. Now they are up and screaming at each other. So orcs please be careful not to get caught.

Last edited by Regin Hardhammer; 07-16-2006 at 11:49 AM.
Old 07-16-2006, 02:55 PM   #214
Hilde Bracegirdle
Relic of Wandering Days

Quote:
Originally Posted by Child of the 7th Age

Hilde-

I definitely won't have Lindir or Aiwendil lead us out of camp on Monday until your post goes up.
Thanks for holding off Child. I hope to have it on board pretty early, and if not, than certainly before 1pm EST. Actually, it is coming together reasonably well.
Old 07-17-2006, 05:58 AM   #215
Novnarwen
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Novnarwen has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Novnarwen Send a message via Yahoo to Novnarwen
Boots

Durelin - Please let me know if I used your character appropriately. If not, I'll edit. (Hope you feel better and happy late birthday!)

Also, Aedhild has had a so-called "drop attack," an epileptic fit which causes all her muscles to relax at once (thus the dropping). Don't worry though; she'll gain consciousness in 30 seconds or so...

Cheers,
Nova
Old 07-17-2006, 01:55 PM   #216
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

Pio, I just placed a post on the game, but it belongs before your character, Rôg, returns. Could you move your Save possibly?

-- Folwren
Old 07-17-2006, 03:24 PM   #217
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Location: Wearing rat's coat, crowskin, crossed staves in a field behaving as the wind behaves
Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via MSN to Nogrod
I'm going to be out and away for five days.

Feel free to use Hadith and Gwerr if needed.
Old 07-17-2006, 03:37 PM   #218
piosenniel
Desultory Dwimmerlaik

piosenniel is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Folwren

It seems fine just where it is - time is a little fluid with respect to Rôg's posts. My post moves time along a little for the Fellowship only.

It seems to me that timelines are not completely in sync with respect to the various groups and won't be until we are all together.

Last edited by piosenniel; 07-17-2006 at 03:41 PM.
Old 07-17-2006, 05:20 PM   #219
Firefoot
Illusionary Holbytla

Firefoot has been trapped in the Barrow!
I was going to post for Grask yesterday, and now I'm so glad I waited. Human children? What a phenomenon.

With the rate of posting, I'm getting a little scared of how much I'm going to have to catch up on after being away for ten days...
Old 07-17-2006, 08:13 PM   #220
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

Pio, could I write a post and have it tacked on to the end of your last post? Athwen loves horses and has worked with them a considerable amount in her past, and if she notices Rog (with the little cone thing on top) approaching his horse as nervously as he his, I think it could make a very humorous short post. May I?

-- Folwren
Old 07-17-2006, 10:15 PM   #221
Child of the 7th Age

Fellowship.....

My save is filled: #91. Aiwendil has told Lindir what he knows. Lindir will speak to his companions tomorrow (real time) to announce where and when they are heading north......

Meanwhile, anyone is welcome to carry on and post while Lindir takes a while to make up his mind.

Last edited by Child of the 7th Age; 07-18-2006 at 03:30 AM.
Old 07-18-2006, 01:52 AM   #222
piosenniel
Desultory Dwimmerlaik

Folwren you can of course write a little post - just make sure you don't write for my character, please.

Here is how to make the accented 'o' --

on a PC, hold down the ALT key and then click on 0244 - when you release the ALT key, you will have the ô
Old 07-18-2006, 03:33 AM   #223
Hilde Bracegirdle
Relic of Wandering Days

I've heard about padding things but really! I finally did notice, last night, that my last post had a duplicate paragraph tucked in there, which I have since removed. Very sorry to subject you all to such carelessness.
Old 07-18-2006, 08:47 AM   #224
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

Okay, Pio, here is that post. It actually turned out longer than I expected. Hope you don't mind.

If Rôg takes Athwen's advise and gets to know the mare, she might be nicer to him. But guys have this weird idea that if they can just show the horse who's boss the horse will not cause them any trouble, where it really helps to get their trust first and then go over who's boss. So, you decide if Rôg is going to act like a stuck up male and not take her advise and not pet the horse, or if he's going to actually pet her.

The mare seems like a pretty obstinant animal, though, so this might not do the complete trick, but Athwen can't teach somone in five minutes how to handle a horse perfectly.

-- Folwren

--

Folwren's post --- POSTED TO GAME

Athwen bent over the fire and stirred the stew with a wooden spoon. Steam rose up gently from the open pot and she extended her head just a little bit to get a whiff of the tempting scent. Very soon it would be quite ready for eating. She knocked the spoon against the rim of the pot until most of the water and broth from the stew had fallen away from it and then laid it carefully across the top.

She gathered her skirts and stood up. She looked towards Rôg and Aiwendil, who had sat for some little time together talking. Rôg was standing up now, though, and a last word passed between the two of them before he turned and walked away from camp.

Athwen’s eyes followed him. She saw immediately that he was going to where the horses were picketed for the night. She stepped away from the firelight so that she could see out into the darkness after him.

Rôg slowed his walk down to a very slow approach. From where Athwen stood, she could only see his back, but she could picture his face, and his eyes fixed steadily and warily on his horse. His body was as rigid as a pole and Athwen was inclined to laugh.

Walking quickly but quietly, she followed him and before he had touched his horse, she came to his side.

“Look, most of your problem is the either that you know next to nothing about horses or that you’re afraid of her. If you’re afraid of her, then you’re really not going to get anywhere with her because she knows it and will either take complete advantage of you or will become frightened herself. Now, look. Instead of being shy and slow and entirely too stiff, you need to loosen up a bit and get to know her and let her get to know you.”

She stepped towards the mare’s head and put out one hand towards her nose. She stopped a couple inches short and waited. The horse looked at her a moment and then after a pause stuck her nose forward and nuzzled into Athwen’s cupped hands. Finding nothing, she snorted and drew back. Athwen stepped up directly beside her and slipped her other hand underneath her cheek an fondled the head gently. She stroked the fury face and crooned soft words in the horse’s ear. After a few moments of such attention, the mare grew tired of it and shook her head. Athwen let her go and stepped back.

“Now, Rôg, she’s a gentle animal and won’t hurt you. Come up here and pet her and then once she lets you handle her head as I did, run your hands over her.” She gentle stroked the horse’s neck as she spoke, looking at Rôg all the while.

Last edited by piosenniel; 07-19-2006 at 02:41 AM.
Old 07-19-2006, 02:43 AM   #225
piosenniel
Desultory Dwimmerlaik

Folwren

I added a post after yours above (in post 89 on the RPG thread) - it brings us back to the fire and the stew.

~*~ Pio
Old 07-19-2006, 07:57 PM   #226
Firefoot
Illusionary Holbytla

Firefoot has been trapped in the Barrow!
So I'm going to be out until the 29th. You shouldn't need to do much with Johari; carry her as needed. Grask will likely just escape quietly back to the Orc group, now that Azhar and Kwell have been put out of sight. So I guess he probably won't be needed much either... but if he's needed, don't be afraid to use him, just don't kill him. Or Johari for that matter.
Old 07-19-2006, 08:48 PM   #227
Child of the 7th Age

Thanks, Firefoot. I've sent you a pm about something in the plot line. If you're still about, let me know. If not, it can wait till after you return.

EXCUSED ABSENCES - WEEKLY REPORT : Brinniel is away through July 28; Firefoot through July 29

Nogrod will hopefully be back this weekend.

The decision for the fellowship is up. If you have any immediate questions or comments for poor Lindir, post today or tomorrow and he will attempt to respond quickly. If not, I will do a time condense post that gets the entire fellowship on the trail north late tomorrow evening (real time).

Last edited by Child of the 7th Age; 07-19-2006 at 09:12 PM.
Old 07-19-2006, 09:21 PM   #228
Child of the 7th Age

Updated General Absence List, or the Joys of Summer Gaming

Brinniel: July 16-28
Nogrod: July 18-22
Firefoot: July 20-29
Novnarwen: July 23-29
Nogrod: July 17-22; July 28- August 4
Child: July 30 - August 4 (should have access); August 23-28
Hilde: August 4-7
Durelin: August 8-16 (will have some access)
Folwren: August 13-28 (will have some access)
Regin: August 23-30
Tevildo: roughly the last week in August

Thinlomien: joining the game in August

If anyone has any extra dates that need to be added to this list, please let me know.

Last edited by Child of the 7th Age; 07-26-2006 at 12:55 AM.
Old 07-20-2006, 10:03 AM   #229
Hilde Bracegirdle
Relic of Wandering Days

Brillant post for Khamir, Durelin!
Old 07-20-2006, 10:12 AM   #230
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

Quote:
Originally Posted by Originally posted by Hilde Bracegirdle
Brillant post for Khamir, Durelin!
I'll second that! It was excellent.

-- Folwren
Old 07-20-2006, 10:30 AM   #231
Durelin
Estelo dagnir, Melo ring

Aww, thanks Hilde, Folwren. I had fun writing that, though I was afraid I might bring Khamir a little over the top.

Sorry, Child - yes, I figured that out. I will have a (reliable) laptop with me, and all the hotels I'm staying at have net access, so I won't disappear completely.
Old 07-20-2006, 10:42 AM   #232
Child of the 7th Age

I've updated our away list: #228.

Thanks Durelin and Hilde for the info.
Old 07-20-2006, 11:01 AM   #233
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

Hm. P'raps you should update it again because it appears that I will have some internet access during the two weeks I am away in August. I might be staying at my brother's house, and if I do, I'll have a rather fair amount and will be able to post, probably, and I will at least be able to keep up with the threads.

-- Folwren
Old 07-20-2006, 06:58 PM   #234
Child of the 7th Age

Thanks Folwren. List updated here.
Old 07-21-2006, 12:35 AM   #235
Tevildo
Shade of Carn Dûm

Tevildo has just left Hobbiton.
Save filled. Folwren, please let me know if I need to edit anything.
Now Tevildo was a mighty cat--the mightiest of all--and possessed of an evil spirit,...and he was in Melko's constant following; and that cat had all cats subject to him, and he and his subjects were the chasers and getters of meat for Melko's table.
Old 07-21-2006, 06:27 AM   #236
Hilde Bracegirdle
Relic of Wandering Days

Carl's 'save' his been filled. Child, I hope that you don't mind the hobbit thinking of Aiwendil as a rather eccentric old man! If so, I will most assuredly edit.
Old 07-21-2006, 07:44 AM   #237
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

No, Tevildo, your post looked fine. The only thing that popped into my head was not something you wrote. Azhar's going on about how this could maybe be their rescuer. Kwell, who's probably tired and ready to rest up for tomorrow's fight, likely won't look up, but may give a sour-

"Maybe you're dreaming. For goodness' sake, can't you do it quietly?" And then be quiet. If you want to add that, you can, if you do not, then don't.

Who exactly do these eyes belong to?

-- Folwren
Old 07-21-2006, 12:44 PM   #238
Child of the 7th Age

Quote:
I hope that you don't mind the hobbit thinking of Aiwendil as a rather eccentric old man!
Ah, but the poor fellow is used to that! Perfectly fine.

You've given me a great set-up. I'll go ahead with the questions and answers as we discussed. But please get back to me on this thread or by pm if you see something that needs editing for Carl.

Last edited by Child of the 7th Age; 07-21-2006 at 12:53 PM.
Old 07-22-2006, 12:25 AM   #239
piosenniel
Desultory Dwimmerlaik

Durelin

Rôg has made an offer to Vrór - to ride with him.

Let me know if anything needs editing.

~*~ Pio
Old 07-22-2006, 01:23 PM   #240
Novnarwen
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Novnarwen has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Novnarwen Send a message via Yahoo to Novnarwen
Boots

I'll be away from the 23rd-29th of July (leaving tomorrow...) and will most probably not have any Internet access during that time.

Please feel free to carry my characters along.

Until then,
Nova

Last edited by Novnarwen; 07-22-2006 at 03:21 PM.