The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Fun and Games > Middle-earth Mirth
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 02-01-2013, 09:58 AM   #641
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nerwen View Post
What I said- if Rikae is a wolf after all, we've aleady lost, because there's no way she's going to be lynched now unless she climbs the gallows and sticks her head in the noose. Or someone manages to make a truly damning case on her. Short of that, I think we just have to assume she's innocent now.
....We just give up? No. I don't give up. Fine, maybe we lynch Dun toDay because we "have no other option," but toMorrow has not been decided.

There have been two votes cast for Dun toDay. Assuming Rikae or Dun is a wolf, which one of them pretty much has to be, it's still entirely possible that we could lynch someone else, though I'm honestly thinking Dun is a good choice toDay. If he's innocent (which would make him a legitimate troll, and would make me quite cross), Rikae is pretty certainly a wizard. If he's guilty, then she's either a lovely and clever young lady or she's wolf-on-wolfing so hard that even Shasta would blush. Either is a possibility, and to dismiss the possibility that she is a clever scheming wolf is absurd.

This is Rikae we're talking about. She knows how to play this game. She is absolutely capable of doing something crazy like this and getting away with it.

x'd with Nog and Nerwen
satansaloser2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 09:59 AM   #642
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Quote:
Anyway, I will not be voting yet. Too much of a risk.
Seconded. I will (theoretically) be around until deadline and have no intention of voting until it's more prudent to do so.
Old 02-01-2013, 10:00 AM   #643
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Location: Wearing rat's coat, crowskin, crossed staves in a field behaving as the wind behaves
Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via MSN to Nogrod
Quote:
What I said- if Rikae is a wolf after all, we've aleady lost
Isn't that a bit overdoing our predicament?

It's 5:2, right?

If we lynch an innocent it will be 4:2 come the Night.

If the ranger doesn't make another save, it will be 3:2, and there will be a toMorrow.

Now that would be a tough ordeal, but not a lost game. Especially if we had good reasons to stand up together toMorrow. And let's not forget the possibility the ranger really gives us a gift. The numbers come down and the chances that the ranger gets it right increase all the time.

So let's cheer up and be positive - and do some Wizard-hunting toDay!

EDIT: X'd with Sally X2
Nogrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 10:03 AM   #644
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Location: Wearing rat's coat, crowskin, crossed staves in a field behaving as the wind behaves
Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Quote:
Anyway, I will not be voting yet. Too much of a risk.
If you're a decent troll, please come back before the DL - and it's a decent choice not to vote yet. I hope we can find something from back there toDay (at least I feel I have lost all touch on the last two Days).

If you're a Wizard, I hope you forget the DL...
Old 02-01-2013, 10:03 AM   #645
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor

Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Send a message via Skype™ to Nerwen
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nogrod View Post
Now why the Wizards killed Volo? I still think the seer is the primary target of the baddies. But he suspected and voted Nerwen on D1 but on D2 kind of clears her and says he feels like he has "lost his case" on her.

Meanwhile he keeps on suspecting Rikae from D1 (even referring to her as Pom^2 on D2).

So if his first post that looked like a seer hint and his "testament" at the last minute of D2 were not enough, then, if Rikae was a Wizard, that could have been enough for them to feel the need to check him out?
We've been over this- yes, it seemed very plausible- but then we now have the comments of the real Seer about Rikae...
Old 02-01-2013, 10:12 AM   #646
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor

Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Quote:
Originally Posted by satansaloser2005 View Post
....We just give up? No. I don't give up. Fine, maybe we lynch Dun toDay because we "have no other option," but toMorrow has not been decided.

There have been two votes cast for Dun toDay. Assuming Rikae or Dun is a wolf, which one of them pretty much has to be, it's still entirely possible that we could lynch someone else, though I'm honestly thinking Dun is a good choice toDay. If he's innocent (which would make him a legitimate troll, and would make me quite cross), Rikae is pretty certainly a wizard. If he's guilty, then she's either a lovely and clever young lady or she's wolf-on-wolfing so hard that even Shasta would blush. Either is a possibility, and to dismiss the possibility that she is a clever scheming wolf is absurd.

This is Rikae we're talking about. She knows how to play this game. She is absolutely capable of doing something crazy like this and getting away with it.
Absolutely- but it's still the fact that unless something really happens to incriminate her, in practical terms it's very unlikely she's going to be lynched, because of Brinn's comments.
Old 02-01-2013, 10:34 AM   #647
Rikae
Mellifluous Maia

Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Quote:
Originally Posted by satansaloser2005 View Post
There have been two votes cast for Dun toDay. Assuming Rikae or Dun is a wolf, which one of them pretty much has to be
Why on earth would that be the case? What a bizarre thing to say.

EDIT: Fixed quote.
Rikae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 10:35 AM   #648
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

Quote:
Absolutely- but it's still the fact that unless something really happens to incriminate her, in practical twems it's very unlikely she's going to be lynched, because of Brinn's comments.
You've just agreed with me. I obviously think she's shifty. That's two of the five or six players we'll have alive toMorrow. It's not all that far-fetched, really. And the beauty of wolf-on-wolf tactics is that other players may not believe they have happened until the game is over and the wolves have won. Believe me. I know this. *glares at Shasta* We can't wait for her to do something crazy, say, voting herself (oh, wait, she's already done that), because if she's a wolf, she's already going crazy with the wolf-on-wolfing, and some of us are just ignoring it.

As for Brinn's comments, she could have been protecting Rikae because she had a hunch, or because of how upset Rikae got that one Day, or, yes, because she dreamt her. A seer has more information, true, but she is still a player just like the rest of us. If she went on just what she knew to be true, she would have tunnel vision so hard she'd run into a wall. Brinn still had to work from her own hunches, not just her dreams. We don't know what her dreams were. We can guess, but our guesses are exactly that, so we can't act purely based on what we think Brinn knew, because we may be wrong.

And now I really, really need to take a few steps back before I join the tunnel vision club. I'll be back shortly-ish with thoughts on Nog, Nerwen, Kath, and Cop. Oh, and DunDunDun.

x'd with Rikae
Old 02-01-2013, 10:39 AM   #649
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

The last Days have been just crazy bandwagon-days: Days 2 & 3 were runs between innocents and Days 4 & 5 total Wagons for innocents. We have been playing this soo bad lately, well after D1 that is.

There is little to read from there and I feel like abandoning my great plan of going them through all from the beginning to the end. But I do think we'd need to check a few things.

On D3 the early wagon for Rikae (unknown) turned into Boro (innocent) and Morsul (innocent) -wagons. How did that happen?

Also, how did the wagons for Gil (innocent) and Morsul (innocent) took air on Days 4 and 5 respectively?

Are there any connections between the wagons or in trickering them (not just initiating them but especially in making them "wagons" in the first place aka. making other choices not worthwhile)?

Also, I'd like to have Brinn's wordings re-checked. Not only what she said of Rikae as to check how much we can trust her innocence, but also whether there are any hints whatsoever as to whom she might have dreamt of.

And Kath needs to be read more closely... The almost total ignorance or silence of everyone with her is kind of screaming at me at the moment as I realise it.

EDIT: X'd with Rikae & Sally
Old 02-01-2013, 10:43 AM   #650
Rikae
Mellifluous Maia

Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Well?

I mean, I certainly hope he's a wolf, but he might not be, and if not, lynching me toMorrow will guarantee the wizards' (your?) win.

So you're going to need to give a reason for that statement.

EDIT: X'd with Nog, addressed to Sally.
Old 02-01-2013, 11:10 AM   #651
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

I was reading backwards Brinn's posts (starting from the end of D3) but they are really hard to read. It seems she was playing it very safe, probably not presuming she would be killed that early.

I need to check the earlier ones also before trying to form any bigger picture about them. And now I need to run for some groceries and making a dinner. I'll be back in about two hours...
Old 02-01-2013, 11:53 AM   #652
Coppermirror
Shade of Carn Dûm

Coppermirror is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Back and reading.
Coppermirror is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 01:07 PM   #653
Coppermirror
Shade of Carn Dûm

Coppermirror is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Nog: If he's a Nog-wizard, we now know that he wasn't voting McCab in order to save Pom. However, he might have been doing it in order to set himself up to look better later, by sitting on the fence and seeming to suspect both of those two. Overall I'd say the new info makes him look a little better, but...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nogrod View Post
So why on earth - if I were a packmate of Pom - did I do what I did? That would have been soo unnecessary an attempt (the possibility of it going down the drain aka. Pom getting lynched anyway would have been high indeed while risking myself) while the other option (making sure Pom gets lynched and I get the glory for it) would have been so much more smoother. I would have been a very stupid wolf
That would actually be explained given that both McCab and Pom were wizards, and voting for the other candidates might well look fishy.

Aside from that, McCaber seemed to suspect him...

Rikae: I do have to agree with Nerwen that unless we get some serious new info on Rikae, if she was actually a wizard all this time, we're probably sunk as a troll village.

Also, note how McCab went for her in post #210.

Sally: #215 from her worries me in that she's jumping on the "innocent McCab" thing from Morsul and pointing out that Lottie said it first. I think the "innocent McCab" would be a great thing for wizards to use as ammo, knowing that of course, McCab really wasn't.

Although in #217, she's still suspecting him on the grounds of Pom's reaction to his vote looking incriminating. Would that really be a safe thing for a wizard Sally to keep in people's minds?

Anyway, those are just my thoughts so far as I look through the pages0

I have to mention, I have to vote within half an hour of now or not vote at all, and I'm still having trouble with my computer being slow in hot weather (although I think it's not at risk of damaging itself any more...), which is making going through the previous pages even slower. If I haven't voted within 40 minutes, you can safely assume there is no chance whatsoever that I'll be back toDay.
Coppermirror is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 01:16 PM   #654
Kath
Everlasting Whiteness

Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Send a message via MSN to Kath
So, SO sorry to be doing this on toDay of all Days ... but this is it from me. I am only just home and going straight back out.

+sally
For reasons previously stated. Lottie said I was being 'typical innocent' by trying to make Morsul's vote for sally fit my wolf theory. No. I was saying that made Morsul less likely to be a wolf if sally was one. Well, Morsul wasn't a wolf. So sally.

Really, really sorry for being all but a no-show.
Old 02-01-2013, 02:39 PM   #655
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Well, Day3 was not much of a help... if not helping to feel that Brinn was quite seriously defending Rikae when the spot was tight. And then got killed the next Night.

What happened on D3?

Brinn comes to defend Rikae and to suspect Nerwen immediately after Rikae's self-vote and Nerwen's quick vote for Rikae.

Morsul votes for Rikae while Zil echoes Brinn in no uncertain terms saying Rikae "logically would have not done that" and that he's "not buying it". Zil also suspects Nerwen's quick vote.

After Rikae's and Nerwen's row things seem to settle down and most all think Rikae is not going to be voted that Day.

Just for the sheer oddity and fun of it, I have to cite McCaber-Wizard here, one of Rikae's earliest and staunchest supporters during the row:
Quote:
Originally Posted by McCaber #365
Yes. I expect people to use their better judgment. The situation doesn't add up for Rikae being evil and simultaneously freaking out like that. That would put a vast undue burden on packmates in the very early stages of the game. And her whole confession post is incoherent probably on purpose trying to showcase the absurdity of her actions.

Some (I think) decent points were made against Boro and he got voted by a few - and then those who didn't like Boro being voted went for Morsul.

I'm not sure I wish to go through whole of the Days 4 and 5 the next... so a pause for thinking where or what to look. Anybody else out there?
Old 02-01-2013, 03:11 PM   #656
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

Holy crap. I've only now reached the end of Day 3. Thoughts on that coming soon, I guess, for I'm running out of time.
Old 02-01-2013, 03:23 PM   #657
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

One has to start on something then.

Reading things back toDay gives me these.

Rikae - more or less needs to be innocent. She was so heavily defended by Brinn on D3 (and Brinn got killed the next Night) and there were some hints - even if not too clear ones that Brinn had dreamt of her, probably on the first Night (quite a believable choice).

I can see scenarios where Rikae is a Wizard but well, one has to start with something: so probably not a wizard

Nerwen - Her quick vote on Rikae is a bit odd and the consecutive votes of two Wizards on D1 could be seen as trying to help a mate - although in fairness' sake it must be said that it would have been very odd - and fun indeed - if the major suspects on D1 had been three (or even four?) Wizards!!!

If the Wizards were going after Volo as a possible seer though (it is a possible scenario even if Rikae would be a basic troll as well), then she'd look very good indeed - and I do like that explanation as it puzzles me why they killed Volo who just screamed to be lynched and was not one of them (so a kill wasted?).

Sally - Her vote for Pom on D1 would have been really daring for a mate (especially as McCaber was high on the agenda already).

Then again her other votes have been mostly very careful indeed, while on D5 the timing of her vote was almost perfect to end up too many other candidates being fitted in (and it was actually McCaber who in five minutes sealed that). On the other side of the issue, she herself was the only person voted thus far beside Morsul.

What Kath suggests kind of puzzles me though... yeah, Sally seems to have voted for Morsul three times out of five (then one time Pom and one time with everyone else for Gil) but does Morsul's innocence make her a Wizard? It could (the insistence on voting a generally suspicious player might be a safe Wizard-tactics), but does it (did she really vote a mate onD1 in such a situation?)?

Some others in a moment.
Old 02-01-2013, 03:40 PM   #658
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Continuing...

Copper - Looks pretty genuine most of the time and then sometimes feels foul. Votes mostly early and in the way the general wind seems to blow.

Then again the fact that two known Wizards voted for her almost simultaneously would speak good for her. It would be absurd and like a story of the decade if two wolves decided to try and look good and crosspost a vote for their mate thus making her a seroius contender to be lynched.

So I need to say I'm relying Copper being more innocent than not.

Kath - I'm really yet no wiser about her (I see I haven't read her posts toDay either - I try to fix that after I leave this post) - like none seems to be. That in itself should be creepy!

On the other habd one could say that a victory scored while being a submarine is not a real victory. If she has posted substantially on Days 4 & 5 (which I'm not sure I have seen), then our ignorance is to blame if she is a Wizard.

Inzil - It is really hard for me to think an innocent makes a self-vote in situation like this (meaning the numbers we have), but a Wizard might try a copy-cat thing after seeing Rikae got away with hers. Yet the idea bothers me - like the idea we 're going to have one more bandwagon where more or less everyone vote the same.

He did give Pom the first vote on D1 (which actually led to her lynching) when two others (Nerwen and Copper) were leading the tally with two votes (and McCaber had one - and with a crosspost two as well).

Okay. Needs to have a decision on this...
Old 02-01-2013, 03:51 PM   #659
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

I did some fast skimming on Kath's posting and they seemed very much independent-minded - and made by sokmeone who only has occasional time for the game. So I'd rather not vote her toDay.

I see she is most suspicious of Sally and Copper.

Blah, it all seems come down to this: in how dire straits the Wizards really were on Day1? Were there two Wizards voted heavily, three, or even all of them?

And after that they all more or less avoided notice, until hopefully toDay?

That sounds pretty much incredible.

Where's everyone?

The tally (hopefully someone corrects it if it is wrong)

Rikae -> Inzil
Inzil -> Inzil (2)
Kath -> Sally
Old 02-01-2013, 03:53 PM   #660
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

Kath's over-defensiveness regarding her Wizard of Oz outburst early in the game struck me as an honestly frustrated and confused Kath.

Rikae spends a little too much time comparing this game to Dueling Wizards. She mentions it in her #11, then again in #30, and possibly again in another place (though I'm rushing now and may be misremembering). In one of those posts (#30), she says Pom, Dun, and Cab are trying to convince people that wizards are good. Why the fixation with that game? Well, if I'm right....

Rikae says in her #66 she wants to lynch Dun because "I always suspect him, simple as that." Dun nearly votes her in #71, but it's clearly a joke, and he adds "Not yet" to the end of his post.

Then she's suddenly (well, not suddenly) at his throat toDay, and he goes along with it? I want to know how the rest of you are not suspicious of all of this.

Moving on....

"I don't like the way Pom and Cab went for Cop at all," says Rikae in her #109. It could be actual concern, but it seems like an older wolf unhappy with her mates' clearly unwise behavior.

Dun's "Yes indeed" in #160 to Cab's comment about more than one wizard going for Cop (the original comment was made by Pom) is almost certainly wolf sarcasm.

Nerwen's analyses of Pom and Nog (#168 and #188 respectively) look like innocent Nerwen, and are reasonable. She makes some good points about Nog's vote for McCaber. It really was odd, and continues to bother me.

In #221 Cop says she's not worried about Dun for once. This strikes me as odd.

Rikae's #228: "Yes, I'm late, which proves I'm not a wizard." No. Just....no. Also, part of that post looks, again, like an alpha addressing her cubs.

Rikae was also strangely pushy about me looking at Oz. Not pushy in a rude way, but it didn't seem like something an innocent Rikae would do. Of course the other options at the time were Volo and Morsul, and she'd have wanted both of those to die (going back to the possibility that the wolves thought Volo was the seer), so I don't really see the point to her pushing me toward it when it didn't benefit her (unless she thought Oz was another gifted, which is possible).

In retrospect, Nog was in an excellent position on the Day Oz died, which could be why he asked for my opinion; it didn't matter to him who was lynched, as long as somebody was. And then in his #267 he says, "This turns out interesting indeed!!!" It could easily be a gloating wolf, um, gloating.

Rikae's self-vote continues to be shifty. If she were the purseholder (as Nog proposed in a later post), I'd think she would have been clearer about it, or at least less reckless afterward. It doesn't ring true to me. She's done this enough times to know that it won't necessarily get you lynched, and she's smart enough to plan it out so she survived and is now trusted by most....holy crap, that's what is going on at the moment. Again, why is everyone else trusting her so?

Dun defends Rikae in his #308, as does Cab in #365. Dun says he doesn't buy her confession. Of course now the opposite is happening, so that's....interesting.

Cop (and others) cited Volo's suspicion of Rikae, which she still seems to be denying.

Kath's talk of Volo in #383 looks wrong to me, though I'm honestly starting to skim at this point, so I'll have to think more on it toMorrow if I'm still alive.

"Someone join me so this vote [for Gil] is not for nothing." Stay classy, Dun.

Posting this and then voting. Dun is almost certainly evil, and Rikae really looks like his packmate. Gah. Time really whizzed by toDay.

I'll bold this later. Sorry. No time. (ETA: Bolded now, yay!)

x'd since my last

Last edited by satansaloser2005; 02-02-2013 at 05:55 PM. Reason: Bolding at last.
Old 02-01-2013, 03:53 PM   #661
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

++Dun
Old 02-01-2013, 03:56 PM   #662
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

I'm sorry that post is so disjointed. I'd planned to actually go back and quote things and say more, but I suddenly got handed a bunch of work early in the afternoon and simply didn't have time. I'm sure there are parts of that post that don't make sense outside of my head, and I'll be happy to explain them toMorrow if I'm around, but I wanted to type up the scribbles I had, so....ugh. There'll be time toMorrow, I hope.

Quick list then, based on what I read just now.

Suspicious:
Dun
Rikae

Fence-sitting:
Nog
Cop

Trusting for now:
Nerwen
Kath
Old 02-01-2013, 03:57 PM   #663
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Okay. If Nerwen is a Wizard, then I'd say Sally (or Zil) could be one too.

ToDay Zil looks the most suspicious.

If the wolves were really bold - and their situation was really insane - it might even be that Copper and Nerwen are the last wolves.

EDIT: X'd with Sally X2
Old 02-01-2013, 03:59 PM   #664
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

....Are you not voting, Nog?
Old 02-01-2013, 04:00 PM   #665
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Sooo torn about the choices!

Zil and someone or Sally & Nerwen?

Nerwen yet to vote so no chance there (and if Sally is a wolf she will not join me there. Where's Copper?

Blast

++ Zil

EDIT: Bolded names - realised the hurry a bit too late...
Old 02-01-2013, 04:01 PM   #666
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.
DEADLINE.

Zil is lynched, stop posting, narration's coming up.
"Should the story say 'he ate bread,' the dramatic producer can only show 'a piece of bread' according to his taste or fancy, but the hearer of the story will think of bread in general and picture it in some form of his own." -On Fairy-Stories
Legate of Amon Lanc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 04:39 PM   #667
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.
Day 6 morning

We don't have to tell you how annoyed the trolls were after they had had their bellies empty for two days straight.

"I want to eat someone. Actually, I want to eat Lad," said Rick.
"I have no doubt I would be delicious," said Lad darkly.
"I think Sal would be juicier," Kat argued.
"Lad doesn't seem to be objecting," Sal pointed out.
"Yer right," said Nog, and grabbed Lad.
"Don't yer push me, I can walk," Lad spat and walked out of the cave.

The others followed quickly on his heels and they came to the place where the trolls had made their fire the previous night.

"We 'ave still some wood left," Cop pointed out. "It should be enough if 'e's a wizzer."
"Wizzers are small," Nerve confirmed. "But they are enough for a good supper."

They found a big, heavy log, placed it upright and tied Lad to it. Rick piled the remaining firewood around him and Sal set it alight.

"He ain't even strugglin'," Nog voiced the general concern.
"Did we roast a troll again?" Kat asked.

To everyone's surprise, Lad laughed coldly. Flames were beginning to lick his toes, but he did not seem to mind.

"Your fire cannot kill me, you fools. I wield the flame of Anor!"
"The fire can't hurt 'im, 'e says," Cop repeated what they all just heard. "Bring more wood!"
"It ain't like he can escape, anyway," Sal noted. "If he won't burn, he'll choke from the smoke."
"And then we eat him," Nerve added.
"That won't help either. I've had enough of this! Your ropes cannot keep me here. I have many allies. I will fly, you fools!"
"Can he fly?" Rick asked, puzzled.

Lad did not reply, but instead he looked into the sky with an intensive look in his eyes. He was starting to change: he didn't really look very much like a troll anymore, he looked smaller, much more cunning and kind of bearded.
"Where are you, my moth, when I need you?" he muttered under his breath, scanning the skies with his bright eyes.

The flames rose higher, and Lad let out a long wail.

"My moth has deserted me, and so have my eagles! I have no friends anymore! And that once they called me Inzilgast the Bird-tamer!"

He wailed, and cried, but his tears were not enough to dose the fire. They watched him grill - quite nicely actually - but then, to their dismay (as much as trolls can be dismayed), his body seemed to shrink even more, and it seemed as the long years of death have finally revealed on it; and as they looked, it shrank and the shrivelled face became rags of burnt skin upon a charred skull. Then grey mist gathered about Lad's body, and rising slowly with the smoke, as a pale shrouded figure it loomed above the bonfire. For a moment it wavered, then came a wind from the east and with a sigh, it disappeared.

The trolls were left without food again.

~*~

Dumb and Dead
Thinlómien, "Lom", dispatched by the Wizards as a threat on Night 1
Legate of Amon Lanc, "Leg", dispatched by the Wizards as a threat on Night 1
Pomegranate, "Pom", a Wizard, boiled and eaten on Day 1
Ozban, "Oz", an Ordinary Troll, crushed to death by a troll pyramid on Day 2
Volo, "Vol", Traitor Troll, magically opened up like a door on Night 3
Bane Mantra, "Bane", an Ordinary Troll, turned into stone while hunting (modfired) on Day 3
Boromir88, "Bore", Ordinary Troll, forgotten outside the cave and turned into stone on Day 3
Brinniel, "Brin", the Clever Troll, strangled to death with the assistance of magical studs on Night4
Gil-Galad, "Gil", an Ordinary Troll, beaten to death by his fellows on Day 4
Shastanis Althreduin, "Shaz", an Ordinary Troll, lost in search for Bane (modfired) on Day 4
A Little Green, "Green", an Ordinary Troll, blown up with fireworks on Night 5
Morsul the Dark, "Mors", an Ordinary Troll, roasted, but not eaten on Day 5
Loslote, "Lot", the Purse-holder Troll, lured into daylight on Night 6
McCaber, "Cab", a Wizard, identified by the troll-purse and suffocated to death on Night 6
Inziladun, "Lad", a Wizard, roasted but not rescued on Day 6

Dumb and Walking
Coppermirror, "Cop"
Kath, "Kat"
Nerwen, "Nerve"
Nogrod, "Nog"
Rikae, "Rick"
satansaloser2005, "Sal"

~*~

Night 7 has started. Wizzer, send your pick. Insomniac troll, send yours. Others sleep.
Legate of Amon Lanc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 04:02 PM   #668
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Nightfall of Day 7

As dawn broke, the lonely wizard left the cave. He had no friends anymore, only enemies, but their numbers had fallen too. A great weariness came upon him, for he had seen and done much, and sorrow had lined his face and whitened his hair. If he ever returned and saw some of his friends again, they would tell him he looked older.

He sat alone on a rock, watching the sun, so brilliant on the sky. He remembered meeting her in the West many ages ago. He remembered her smile and it gave him hope: he wasn't and wouldn't ever be the lone agent of Light in this great evergoing battle. He gathered his robes and missed his hat fervently, then hurried of to slay a troll.

In the troll-cave, meanwhile, Cop was dreaming of a meat pie. Her mum had been a great cook, and she had always cooked their food, experimenting with pies, soups and stews. Cop had eaten nothing as good as her cookings for years, and the thought of her mum's creations still made her cry sometimes. Lom and Leg and their bunch just couldn't do some things, and cooking was one of those.

Cop rolled in her sleep. After Green's death she had taken her quilts and rags and her sleeping place too, or whatever remained of it after the ceiling had come down. The other trolls didn't want to sleep there, believing that corner of the cave to bring bad luck, so Cop cherished the feeling of having more space and being further away from the other smelly, snoring trolls who kicked each other in their sleep.

Now Cop woke up, quite unpleasantly. It took her a while to figure out what had woken her: it was daylight. Dumbfounded, she stared at the ceiling. There was undoubtedly a small hole in it, just over her bed. She was certain it hadn't been there before, but now she finally understood why the others considered it an unlucky spot.

Unfortunately, it was too late for her. She felt her skin stiffen, her insides go heavy. She was turning into stone. The last thing she saw was a slender figure in dark robes against the splendid sunlight. It laughed with such genuine mirth that Cop would have laughed too despite everything if she hadn't been half stone already. "Thank you, Arien," the laughing voice said, which made whatsoever no sense to Cop. She died before she could figure it out.

When night fell, the remaining trolls woke up. They were quite upset to find Cop turned into stone inside the cave and figure out they would need to fix the ceiling before dawn, as well as find food and kill a wizard.

~*~

Dumb and Dead
Thinlómien, "Lom", dispatched by the Wizards as a threat on Night 1
Legate of Amon Lanc, "Leg", dispatched by the Wizards as a threat on Night 1
Pomegranate, "Pom", a Wizard, boiled and eaten on Day 1
Ozban, "Oz", an Ordinary Troll, crushed to death by a troll pyramid on Day 2
Volo, "Vol", Traitor Troll, magically opened up like a door on Night 3
Bane Mantra, "Bane", an Ordinary Troll, turned into stone while hunting (modfired) on Day 3
Boromir88, "Bore", Ordinary Troll, forgotten outside the cave and turned into stone on Day 3
Brinniel, "Brin", the Clever Troll, strangled to death with the assistance of magical studs on Night4
Gil-Galad, "Gil", an Ordinary Troll, beaten to death by his fellows on Day 4
Shastanis Althreduin, "Shaz", an Ordinary Troll, lost in search for Bane (modfired) on Day 4
A Little Green, "Green", an Ordinary Troll, blown up with fireworks on Night 5
Morsul the Dark, "Mors", an Ordinary Troll, roasted, but not eaten on Day 5
Loslote, "Lot", the Purse-holder Troll, lured into daylight on Night 6
McCaber, "Cab", a Wizard, identified by the troll-purse and suffocated to death on Night 6
Inziladun, "Lad", a Wizard, roasted but not rescued on Day 6
Coppermirror, "Cop", an Ordinary Troll, spotlighted on Night 7

Dumb and Walking
Kath, "Kat"
Nerwen, "Nerve"
Nogrod, "Nog"
Rikae, "Rick"
satansaloser2005, "Sal"

~*~

As you all know, Day 7 is going on. My invitation for the live people to talk is naturally still valid.

Last edited by Thinlómien; 02-03-2013 at 03:35 PM.
Thinlómien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 04:19 PM   #669
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Interesting choice... I thought it would have been either me or Rikae, or if the last wolf was sporty, then Kath.

But a sporty-choice anyway. Me likes that. Even if Kath would have been even better as we'd then have only people who can be read and who have influenced the game left (unless she made the decision, of course!).

So one of us is a Wizard.

Kath, "Kat"
Nerwen, "Nerve"
Nogrod, "Nog"
Rikae, "Rick"
satansaloser2005, "Sal"

We have two Days to make it right aka. two lynches. Which makes me slightly optimistic about it. And hey, we have the ranger left! (Which might be partly responsible for the kill-choice, now as I think about it)

The next step; looking at Inzil as he's now a proven Wizard. If he'd give us as much new POV's to look at things as McCaber's proven Wizardry gave us, it'd be good. But he seemed to be quite careful if my feeling has it right. Anyway, back to see what he did for starters.
Old 02-02-2013, 05:11 PM   #670
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

I think Zil was trying intentionally not to leave a consistent trail of his voting, or then he is just majorly going where the wind blows, or what do you say about this voting-record?

D1
Votes for a packmate (Pom) when another packmate (McCaber) is under some fire (Pom ends up lynched with McCaber a close second).

D2
Votes the second for the starting bandwagon for an innocent (Oz) who gets lynhced marginally beating another innocent to lynch (Morsul).

D3
Votes an innocent (Gil) against the two bandwagons (Boro & Morsul) at the time.

D4
Joins the wagon on an innocent (Gil) as the third last voter - that being easy as he "had suspected" him already the Day before.

D5
Votes early for the more or less obvious Wagon-to-be innocent (Morsul).

D6
Votes self almost 20 hours before the DL, copying Rikae's self-vote, possibly thinking it might work for him too.

Well, little to find from there.

I might be up for a moment still and look for something either in Zil's posting (if he fex. defended someone at crucial moments) or taking a look at Kath... Both I think are things we should do toDay.
Old 02-02-2013, 05:12 PM   #671
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Triple posting...

Oh and...

Voting Day6

-20h #606 Rikae -> Inzil (1)
-19½h #607 Inzil -> Inzil (2)
-2.44h #654 Kath -> Sally (1)
-.07 #661 Sally -> Inzil (3)
-.00 #665 Nog -> Inzil (4)

Did not vote: Copper, Nerwen
Old 02-02-2013, 05:59 PM   #672
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

No surprise on Dun. The only question was (and still is) who his last mate might be. I have a few comments to make on voting yesterDay (some repeats, some new), so I'll get to that shortly.

Cop was a bit of a shock though. Then again, I didn't expect to get it last Night because I'm decently suspected (by Kath anyway, and also Rikae), so it makes sense to keep me around. Why Cop though? I'll have a go later on and see if I can put together any reasoning other than "because she was there."

As Nog said, we have two Days to do this. Let's not be hasty. Speaking of which, I need something tasty. I'll return after dinner.
Old 02-02-2013, 06:27 PM   #673
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor

Sorry about yesterDay- I just got caught up and wasn't able to get back online at all.

So... From my point of view, either Zil's last packmate tried to save him by simply voting somone else (Kath), tried to save him by casting suspicion elsewhere, then finally gave up and bussed him (Sally or Nog), or mugged him and dragged him kicking and screaming all the way to the bus (Rikae).

All are within each player's range, but the last is not seeming at all likely to me.
Old 02-02-2013, 06:31 PM   #674
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

Dun wasn't kicking and screaming though. He absolutely let us kill him. And, unless his packmate is you or Kath (only the latter seeming at all likely at the moment), his packmate didn't have a problem with it. The question, then, is whether his packmate initiated the lynch or just went along with it.

As for the absence, don't worry about it. I'm just glad you're back.
Old 02-02-2013, 06:37 PM   #675
Rikae
Mellifluous Maia

So, what does everyone else think of Sally's behavior yesterday? Going single-mindedly after me from the second I accused Zil, then at the end of the day switching to "it's wolf on wolf"?

I don't want to be hasty but she's my top suspect at the moment (although the last wolf could always be Kath, in which case I wouldn't have a clue about it).
Old 02-02-2013, 06:47 PM   #676
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Reading Kath...

Well, it was as little enlightening I had a feeling it would be. Kath has ben really pressed on time and has made considerably little by way of posting (actually the number of her posts looks like something decentish but quite a many of them are of a kind "I'm here", "is there a tally?", or just explaining why she can't be around etc.).

Now that in itself is most understandable and doesn't say anything about her role: if you're pressed on time you're pressed on time - and that's what you end up posting.

One can see a logic there in her posting and votes though. A logic that would fit both an innocent with little time to use but willing to make reasoned votes, or a wolf with little time to use but willing to look like she was making reasoned votes...

First she votes Morsul two Days in a row (Days 2&3) because of his "Innocent Cab" remark.

Then she votes Sally three times (Days 4-6) because of her Gil-vote on D4 (#473: that suspicion was based on the speculation about who Brinn had dreamt of - and her point being Sally was kind of riding two horses at the same time). She elaborates her suspicion of Sally in #554.

During the last Days she has found Morsul and Copper suspicious as well, but Sally has clearly been her suspicion #1.

Summary: Logical, consistent... not spreading one's attention too wide when the pages pile up over another. Like what a time-pressed responsible ordo would do - or a time-pressed reasonable wolf would do...

I'm more or less as unenlightened as I was before I strated looking at Kath's posting...

EDIT: X'd with a few it seems
Old 02-02-2013, 06:57 PM   #677
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rikae View Post
So, what does everyone else think of Sally's behavior yesterday? Going single-mindedly after me from the second I accused Zil, then at the end of the day switching to "it's wolf on wolf"?
There was no switch at all, which you'd realize if you actually read my posts properly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sally
If [Rikae]'s a wizard, she's clearly not afraid to vote for her mates, as she cast the first vote against McCaber on Day 1 (though Day 1 is always a bit with the random and it's entirely possible she didn't think he'd garner more votes). Would she be bussing Dun in such a showy fashion though? And would he go along with it like this? Both of them are tricksy, clever little Werewolfers, so I wouldn't put it past them, but doing it like this is just....crazy.
That, I believe you'll find, was one of my first posts of yesterDay. So yes, I was hesitant to believe it right at first, because, you know, it's insanity, but then I realized how guilty I think you are, blinked a couple of times, and reminded myself that you are a very intelligent and evil woman and that you would totally do that.

Also, you'll note that the above quote about you and Dun came after I made commentary on your other actions. Yes, I'd seen your vote, but it wasn't the basis of my suspicion, not for a second. You've done plenty of other things to make me think you're a scheming wizard. The shenanigans with Dun just made me realize exactly how much of a scheming wizard you probably are.

Suspect me all you want, but don't misrepresent me. I don't appreciate it anymore than you do.

x'd with Nog
Old 02-02-2013, 07:06 PM   #678
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rikae View Post
That looked weird indeed...

And I kind of liked Nerwen's POV-declaration. It might be nice if everyone made one like that. I mean yes, why we thought anyone of the others were suspicious.

But yes, I need to check back Sally from yesterDay as I do remember having wondered her sudden attack on Rikae and that was part of why I suspected her as well and felt quite awkward in the end of the Day. I mean I was feeling Zil the most straightforward-vote there to be with his odd "copy-cat" self-vote and resignation - but when Sally finally voted and pressed me whether I was going to vote or not, I suddenly got the feeling she was wishing to see me vote the way she liked - and thus if she was a baddie then I would have helped her to achieve her goal. And as there were possible votes to come... well, that was a tight spot even for a veteran player.

(Oh I love the adrenaline-rush!)

Last edited by Nogrod; 02-02-2013 at 07:09 PM. Reason: Changed a typo "I" for "it" to make sense of the sentence... :)
Old 02-02-2013, 07:07 PM   #679
Rikae
Mellifluous Maia

Pardon me - would it be more accurate to say that in the beginning you suggested that it might be wolf-on-wolf but suspected me more, but later in the day you were basically sure of it (suspected Inzil just as much)?

It doesn't change my point, which is that you were fixated on me being evil all day, and seemed to decide Inzil was over the course of the day (although now you claim it was obvious).

And about that: if it was so obvious, what's so strange about me going after him, that it has to be wolf-on-wolf? Am I not smart enough to pick up on the obvious?

I also answered several of your accusations from yesterDay, but you ignored me.
If you are innocent I suggest you look over my answers, and everything else that has happened, without the bias that seems to have taken hold of you. This village is too small for an innocent to waste a vote.

EDIT: X'd with Nog.
Old 02-02-2013, 07:15 PM   #680
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

I think it would be advisable if myself, Nerwen and / or Kath took some time to check through that exchange.

I just remember Sally went on Rikae quite strongly at the early stages of yesterDay and that it aroused my attention making me suspect Sally more. It would be healthy to go back back there and check it, and not judge it by the slight parts one remembers (talking of myself primarily here).

It's pretty late here, but as the task is limited (and I have no need to wake up very early tomorrow), I might take a quick look before going to sleep.