The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Fun and Games > Middle-earth Mirth
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 10-18-2005, 02:30 PM   #81
Estelyn Telcontar
Princess of Skwerlz

Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!
I must now make my decision, whether tis better to vote now before retiring, though I would then not be able to take the following discussions into consideration, or to attempt to rise so early that I can catch up then and make my choice. Would it be less random later? I do not know.
'Mercy!' cried Gandalf. 'If the giving of information is to be the cure of your inquisitiveness, I shall spend all the rest of my days in answering you. What more do you want to know?' 'The whole history of Middle-earth...'
Estelyn Telcontar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2005, 02:30 PM   #82
littlemanpoet
Itinerant Songster

littlemanpoet is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.littlemanpoet is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
And just for the record (correct me if I've missed anything):

Firefoot:
  • Questions: LMP, Fea, Shelob, & Anguirel
  • Suspects: no-one
  • Accuses: no-one
  • Defends: no-one

Boromir:
  • Questions: no-one
  • Suspects: Lhuna, Esty, Guy
  • Accuses: No-one
  • Defends: Anguirel

Anguirel:
  • Questions: Cailin, Firefoot
  • Defends: Boromir
  • Votes for: Boromir!

Eomer:
  • Questions: no-one
  • Defends: Mormegil

LMP:
  • Questions: Firefoot
  • Defends: no-one

That's all I have so far. Nobody else, as far as I can tell, has mentioned any names in any way that suggests questioning, suspecting, accusing, defending, and voting.

I've designed this list to be usable by anyone who wishes to join me in tracking such behavior. Feel free to correct me and or update the information.
littlemanpoet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2005, 02:31 PM   #83
the guy who be short
Shadowed Prince

the guy who be short has just left Hobbiton.
It is necessary that I disappear underground for some sleep in the next hour or so. We dwarves tend to turn in early, you see.

If neither Shelob nor Cailin have said something by then, I will vote for one of them. I dislike the silent.
the guy who be short is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2005, 02:33 PM   #84
littlemanpoet
Itinerant Songster

littlemanpoet is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.littlemanpoet is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Estelyn Telcontar
I must now make my decision, whether tis better to vote now before retiring, though I would then not be able to take the following discussions into consideration, or to attempt to rise so early that I can catch up then and make my choice. Would it be less random later? I do not know.
It would certainly be less random later: you'd see who else voted how. But by doing so you run the risk of making yourself look more suspicous. .... and really wreak havoc on your sleeping schedule. But if you start to feel tired at any point, I've a bed just in the back room where you may take your rest in comfort and ease. I even have some wine and chocolate for your refreshment. And there are other things there that someone of the fairer sex would find quite pleasant. Feel free to take your leisure there.
Old 10-18-2005, 02:34 PM   #85
Feanor of the Peredhil
La Belle Dame sans Merci

Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Send a message via MSN to Feanor of the Peredhil
Quote:
Originally Posted by littlemanpoet
And your plan sucks too. I think I ought to take you into my bedchamber and give you a proper spanking. Now, wouldn't that be fun?
I should start a bandwagon for your lynching for that. I am a good and proper young lady and all should do well to remember it. Not to mention you're warping the poor young children of the village with your talk.

LMP, as I've little better to go on than minor annoyances, please defend yourself to me by providing an excellent strategy by which you think the village could win. So far, your talk has been based less on destruction of evil and more on what could quite easily be considered too much fun.

Quote:
How anachronistic!
But didn't you know? I'm rather fond of Anakronisms.

EDIT: cross-posted with the whole 3rd page
Old 10-18-2005, 02:35 PM   #86
the guy who be short
Shadowed Prince

Sorry, my mistake, Cailin has actually posted before. That makes Shelob my candidate for the day.
Old 10-18-2005, 02:42 PM   #87
mormegil
Maundering Mage

mormegil is a guest at the Prancing Pony.mormegil is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Quote:
Originally Posted by LMP
I didn't really like the plan anyway, morm, no offense.
None taken my local debauchee, I don't think my plan is likely to work as I stated but it at least got some good discussion going. Also I myself only planned on implementing my plan only if I didn't have some decent suspicion, which I feel like I have now though I will reserve that for a little while and see where the day takes us.
Old 10-18-2005, 02:43 PM   #88
Firefoot
Illusionary Holbytla

Firefoot has been trapped in the Barrow!
I am against picking a random villager and lynching them - there'd be nothing left to analyze. Everyone should just pick who they think is a wolf. It's unlikely that we will actually catch a wolf, but we're not likely to do so anyway, and an individualized voting can leave a pattern for analysis, and the wolves won't be able to hide as well in one giant mob bandwagon.

Anguire's been very vocal; so far he seems to be acting in the best interest of the village. His vote of Boromir was a little random, but we don't really have that much to go off of anyway. Other than that he seems to be following a fairly logical train of thought. I've also been following lmp and Morm pretty well; they seem innocent at this point.

I think that Formendacil's theory of everyone abstaining from voting (if it were still viable, that is) would only hurt the villagers in the long run. Voting is probably the most concrete evidence we have - we can compare the order of voting, the consistency of what the person said vs. how they voted, and a fairly concrete statement - "I think this person is a wolf." Though it will probably take a couple days, voting does leave a pattern.
Firefoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2005, 02:43 PM   #89
littlemanpoet
Itinerant Songster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feanor of the Peredhil
I should start a bandwagon for your lynching for that. I am a good and proper young lady and all should do well to remember it.
Ah, but I know better, my tavern wench.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fea
LMP, as I've little better to go on than minor annoyances, please defend yourself to me by providing an excellent strategy by which you think the village could win.
I've beat you to it. My list may not be a plan, per se, but it certainly is a valid tool that can aid us in identifying suspicious behavior. So there. Go and wait some tables.
Quote:
Originally Posted by the tavern wench
I'm rather fond of Anakronisms.
Now now now, "don't be trying to get maidens to bloom before they're ripe," as the saying goes. That is a saying, isn't it? Now 'git'! Eomer over there looks thirsty.

Last edited by littlemanpoet; 10-18-2005 at 02:46 PM.
Old 10-18-2005, 02:43 PM   #90
Anguirel
Byronic Brand

Anguirel is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Sting

I think LMP's analysis should make it quite clear that my vote was utterly random-I merely invented some reasoning to make it seems somewhat less denuded.

Actually-as a knight should never vote to lynch a lady without good reason-I picked randomly from all the male villagers. Boromir received the short straw.
Old 10-18-2005, 02:47 PM   #91
Cailín
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Cailín has just left Hobbiton.
Quote:
Originally Posted by the guy who be short
Sorry, my mistake, Cailin has actually posted before. That makes Shelob my candidate for the day.
Good. I was already planning an indignant response to that. I'm very sorry for my silence but it could not be helped. I really promise better behavior in the future, should there prove to be one.

I have not had time to read everything thoroughly yet and am quite afraid I won't manage a close reading tonight. Though I normally hate random voting, tis what I'm probably going to do, hoping it will at least confuse the wolves and be unexpected.

I shall return later tonight. I think.
Cailín is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2005, 02:49 PM   #92
Feanor of the Peredhil
La Belle Dame sans Merci

Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Quote:
I've beat you to it. My list may not be a plan, per se, but it certainly is a valid tool that can aid us in identifying suspicious behavior.
Not good enough. Heck, I've got a list, and mine's more detailed than that which you posted. I want a strategy, not an observation.
Old 10-18-2005, 02:50 PM   #93
Estelyn Telcontar
Princess of Skwerlz

Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!
I wish I knew on what those who have mentioned suspicions base them! I have no idea how to vote seriously on this first day. Mine will have to be completely random - perhaps using the time-honoured tactic of "eeny, meeny, miney, mo"?
'Mercy!' cried Gandalf. 'If the giving of information is to be the cure of your inquisitiveness, I shall spend all the rest of my days in answering you. What more do you want to know?' 'The whole history of Middle-earth...'
Old 10-18-2005, 02:56 PM   #94
the guy who be short
Shadowed Prince

Esty - I base my "suspicion" of Shelob on the fact that she has not yet appeared. Voting her off, even if she is an innocent, will help in that it will remove a mysterious silent factor from the village.
Of course, if you're completely at a loss, it's always helpful getting an abacus to randomly choose somebody to kill for you.

Cailin - Sorry again.
Old 10-18-2005, 02:59 PM   #95
Feanor of the Peredhil
La Belle Dame sans Merci

Quote:
Originally Posted by Estelyn Telcontar
I wish I knew on what those who have mentioned suspicions base them!
But if I explain my suspicions, I run the risk of getting some people I'd like to keep alive killed off. That's why vagueness makes me happy.
Old 10-18-2005, 03:00 PM   #96
Estelyn Telcontar
Princess of Skwerlz

If we go by that 'evidence', tgwbs, then Lhuna is one to keep an eye on as well - she hasn't posted since the game started...
Old 10-18-2005, 03:12 PM   #97
Estelyn Telcontar
Princess of Skwerlz

Tantalizing as LMP's offer of a resting place with wine, chocolate and "other things" is, I prefer my own. And as I cannot guarantee a reappearance by the appointed time, I shall have to cast my vote now. Using the "eeeny, meeny..." 'strategy' I mentioned above, I have chosen:

++Shelob

I can only hope that my random choice was guided, for I have not the wisdom to make a decision with the necessary foresight. Good night!
Old 10-18-2005, 03:14 PM   #98
the guy who be short
Shadowed Prince

Hmm, I didn't notice Lhuna's absence. However I'm willing to put that down to time difference - seriously, that girl sleeps so late, it's like she's in another time zone.
Old 10-18-2005, 03:18 PM   #99
the guy who be short
Shadowed Prince

Sigh. This will look like bandwaggoning, but hopefully it's for our own good:

++Shelob
Old 10-18-2005, 03:25 PM   #100
mormegil
Maundering Mage

mormegil is a guest at the Prancing Pony.mormegil is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
I think it a bit reproachful of out village to want to lynch somebody who hasn't spoken, yet! She still may speak and to lynch somebody based on that piece of "evidence" at this phase is rather spurious. I hope that we are able to at least hear from Shelob before more votes are cast her way.
Old 10-18-2005, 03:26 PM   #101
Firefoot
Illusionary Holbytla

While I completely understand the logic behind it, I'm not sure that voting for Shelob just because she hasn't posted is the best way to go. Granted, she's about as likely as anyone else to be a wolf, but I'd rather vote for someone whom I actually have something to go off of, insubstantial as it may be since it's Day 1. Not that I'm condemning you for it; I just wonder if that's really the best way to go.

Edit: cross-posting with Morm...
Old 10-18-2005, 03:29 PM   #102
Cailín
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Cailín has just left Hobbiton.
Well, I've finally had the chance to read through all your eloquent discussions and unfortunately had to conclude everyone is being extremely careful or, in Boromir's case, very insulting. No one has confessed yet, though I admit I was only hoping that would happen.

I'm a little wary of Firefoot, because of her general statements, but find many (including myself) guilty of the same thing.

Lhuna and Shelob have been very silent, but I wish not to vote for someone who has not had a chance to defend herself yet.

Estelyn is playing her newbie role well and I believe she should be watched closely, not because I'm suspicious of her yet, but because I know from experience people tend to give newbies an easier time. I just noticed I'm most unwilling to lynch her and that cannot be healthy.

As for the others, I don't know. I shall vote

++EOMER OF THE ROHIRRIM

Reasons? None, really. Habit, perhaps, and he is after all at least slightly evil.

Edit: cross posting with Firefoot and Morm here...
Cailín is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2005, 03:35 PM   #103
Formendacil
Dead Serious

Formendacil is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Formendacil is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Formendacil is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Formendacil is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Send a message via AIM to Formendacil Send a message via MSN to Formendacil
And so the whole village is a mass of confusion...

I may have experience sorting out plugged outhouses, but this is beyond any mess-sorting ability that may have given me.

As far as suspicion goes, the closest thing I have to that is Anguirel for opening the voting, and Mormegil for suggesting random voting. Both sound vaguely like Werewolfish ploys to distract people.

Or not. Really, this is an awful mess.

And as far as voting people off randomly goes, I'm all for the anti-LMP bandwaggon. Not because I think him dangerous, or a Werewolf (although there IS a 3/14 chance...), but because his personal life is as foul as my job.
Old 10-18-2005, 03:59 PM   #104
mormegil
Maundering Mage

Quote:
and Mormegil for suggesting random voting.
I always thought of it a discussion started and it seemed to work.

Now for my suspicions that I spoke of earlier they are of and Cailin and somebody that I still will leave nameless because I want more evidence before I go spouting off. However, with Cailin her post haven't sat right with me. It's a bit unsettling if you take my meaning and her vote for Eomer seems strange because I find him more innocent than most. Though that being said I also find Esty and TGWBS suspicious based on their vote of Shelob. I still have sufficient time to wait but I wanted to get my suspects down on the table now.
Old 10-18-2005, 03:59 PM   #105
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via AIM to Boromir88 Send a message via MSN to Boromir88
White Tree

I'm not one to advocate lynching a "quiet" one, they would be really stupid wolves, to not be out here molding thoughts and manipulating. And even more stupid would be not to say anything when you're being accused.

I actually think lmp, Fea, and Formendacil are wolves. LMP and Fea because of the endless folderol exchanged between eachother. And Formendacil, because he wants to lynch somebody who's had a less than "moral" way of living. We all have our secrets, mind you that, and three people have the secret of being wolves.

It doesn't matter who's "noble" or who's sick and morally wrong. We aren't here to lynch people who have led an immoral way of living, but to lynch wolves. All the nobility does is trample on the rights of the hoi polloi, there's no use in them if you ask me.

So, lmp, fea, and Formendacil are wolves. Though anyone of you baffoons can be a wolf.

Yes, I take back my accusations on Estelyn. I can't help it her sewing looks so bad a werewolf dun it.
Old 10-18-2005, 04:14 PM   #106
littlemanpoet
Itinerant Songster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feanor of the Peredhil
Not good enough. Heck, I've got a list, and mine's more detailed than that which you posted. I want a strategy, not an observation.
You can want it from me all you like but I'm not taking orders from you. I have my own strategy, and you can just go back to waiting tables.
Old 10-18-2005, 04:20 PM   #107
Eomer of the Rohirrim
Auspicious Wraith

Eomer of the Rohirrim is a guest at the Prancing Pony.Eomer of the Rohirrim is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Shield

My dear Cailín, your busy schedule does not excuse you from reading carefully. Hsssss, I hiv'nae heard o' sic a heart. By the way, I'm loving this new country. Caught some fine fish this evening in that bonnie loch over yonder. Hmm...

I'll vote for:

++BOROMIR88

He sees that the village is in a mess, and tries to shift blame onto Fea and lmp for their 'back-and-forth' exchange. The posturing of someone who wants to draw wolvish parallels between two villagers whose very roles tie the twain together? Mayhaps.

What? It's the first day! I'm scraping for reasons; we all are.

And help ma hawks but ma heid is hammered. Good night, my loves!
Old 10-18-2005, 04:31 PM   #108
littlemanpoet
Itinerant Songster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Formendacil
And as far as voting people off randomly goes, I'm all for the anti-LMP bandwaggon. Not because I think him dangerous, or a Werewolf (although there IS a 3/14 chance...), but because his personal life is as foul as my job.
Well, Formendacil, if you don't think I'm dangerous or a werewolf, then your vote for me is/was (still catching up) no better than Esty's newbie vote for a so far silent one. My personal life is not nearly the threat to the village that three werewolves pose. For shame!

Okay, now for my official Day One suspect list:

Boromir
Mister Underhill
Feanor

Boromir is sounding like a werewolf who, knowing I'm not one, is trying to set me up with a couple other dupes that he and his evil croneys are getting ready to "off".

Mister Underhill is playing way too coy for my liking.

Feanor has been a bit wild after hours, if you take my meaning. Also, the fact that she's picked me to start heaping abuse upon, is not to my liking. If ever someone were to play the werewolf boldly, it would be this Feanor, quite capable of the bluff, double bluff, and bait-and-switch bluff (which I can't even possibly explain but you can bet Feanor would do it).
Old 10-18-2005, 04:47 PM   #109
Firefoot
Illusionary Holbytla

Day 1 Recommenced with Commentary...

Hm, maybe I am being general, aren't I? Probably because I was trying to respond to seven hours' posting in one post. So here's something hopefully a little more comprehensive:

Anguirel - Starts out with some generalities about the wolves and their probable behaviors. He warns about making generalizations and leaves instructions for the Seer not to reveal his/herself. He wants us to work together. (43) He does some commenting on other people's posting so far, though he doesn't really draw many conclusions as he sets out to do, instead just stating the facts. (50) He defends himself a bit, then issues another warning to the Seer. He also volunteers himself for the noose. (54, 58, 60) He votes Boromir as a random pick from the men. (66, 90) Also, a couple of insubstantial posts not worth commenting on. Anguirel does a lot of commenting on the action, (and what he says tends to make sense, though that isn't necessarily an indicator of innocence) though he seems to have very few personal comments on the people. This is mildly suspicious to me.

Boromir - Points out some people for suspicion, including a mystical person not known in this village - this is interesting, I'm not sure if it might mean anything; a wolf might have already looked closer at the list of villagers than that - likely to generate discussion. (48) He makes some good comments; he expresses his doubt that Ang is guilty despite his vote of him - he's pretty firm on the topic of Esty's guilt - jokingly, I'd think. (69, 70) Recants doubts of Esty, states that he thinks wolvish triumvirite is Fea, lmp, and Formen. (105) He seems to be innocent to me, blundering around in the dark.

Cailin - Generalities. (42) Expresses support of Ang's statements. (45) Expresses desire not to vote for Lhuna or Shelob, also feels doubtful of myself and Esty. (102) There's not much to go on for her. She's not said a whole lot; I'm feeling neutral.

Encai - talks about voting system strategies; doesn't want one volunteer to be lynched. Thinks Ang is either innocent or bluffing wolf. (75) I agree with what she said, but there's not enough to go on to make any judgments. I'd like to hear more.

Eomer - Standard opening comments. (47) Thinks he's spotted something of importance, is unspecific. (52) Agrees that seer should stay hidden. (59) Says that whomever he votes for will have irritated him. (79) I'd like to know what he was talking about in 52, but that's his judgment. He's not posted anything really substantial yet, but what he has said is making sense. I'm leaning toward his innocence. After writing this: Votes Boromir, comments that he's scrambling for reasons (107).

Esty - Opening comments. (44) Defends herself against Boromir's accusations. (51) Expresses doubt on who to vote for (81, 93, 96) Votes Shelob based on lack of posting. (97) Obviously she has some doubts not having been in an infected village, and that could be all it is, which is how I am inclined to think. I'd like to hear some more, though obviously that won't happen until tomorrow. I'm not overly suspicious of her.

Fea - She gives some tongue-in-cheek strategy. (74) Comments vaguely, explains vagueness briefly. (92, 95) This could either be Fea being herself or Fea making us think she's being too absurd to be a wolf. I'm equally willing to believe either at this point. She's certainly on my watchlist, but then... she's Fea.

Formendacil - Disagrees with a wholly random lynching, suggests an everyone-abstain system. (61) Disputes Morm's plan. (64) More of the same. (73) Is suspicious of Morm and Ang; says lmp would be a good candidate for random vote. (103) Somehow seems much more vocal than he is, so I'd say that means he's been contributing well. I'm not sure about him; he seems innocent but I'm uncomfortable with some of the things he says. He's definitely on my watchlist.

Lhuna - Unknown.

Lmp - In-character (as bartender) comments, not much pertinence on discussion. (53, 55, 78) Defends himself briefly to me. (57) Discourages Ang from volunteering to vote, advises loudmouthiness to disguise Seer. (77) Expresses disagreement with Morm's plan. (80) Record of support, accusations, etc., unaccompanied by comments. (82) He's somewhat suspicious; he could be a wolf hiding behind his frequent posts and bartenderness. I'm not sure about him. After: official suspect list of Boromir, Fea, and Mr. Underhill. (108)

Mr. Underhill - Doesn't quite understand Morm's plan, asks for clarification. (72) I really can't tell much about him, he's just about as unknown as Lhuna and Shelob. I would like to hear more from him.

Mormegil - Opening comments, doubt on Eomer - to produce discussion, likely. (41) Suggests everyone vote for a random person off the list (49). Thinks he understands Eomer's cryptic post. (56) Supports his plan. (62) Finds Ang's vote odd in that it's not as random as Ang seems to be proposing. (71) Realizes his plan may not be the best, but is glad it generated discussion. (76, 87) Doesn't want to vote off a quiet one. (100) Is suspicious of Cailin, Esty, and TGWBS. (104) Overall he seems innocent to me. He seems to be following his regular plan of generate discussion and evaluate it. His random plan isn't one I'd agree with, but that's the only thing.

Shelob - Unknown

TGWBS - Declares he's not a weredwarf. (67) Dislikes how some haven't spoken, votes for Shelob for that reason (various posts between 80 and 100).

That took long enough! And yes, I did start getting lazy towards the end (i.e., TGWBS, Morm, and LMP, I didn't spend as much time on yours...) But I guess my current list of suspicions is: Fea, Formendacil, and LMP, though I'm entirely open for persuasion.
Old 10-18-2005, 04:51 PM   #110
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.
White Tree

Quote:
Boromir is sounding like a werewolf who, knowing I'm not one, is trying to set me up with a couple other dupes that he and his evil croneys are getting ready to "off".
Funny barkeep, I can say the same for you right now.

Quote:
He sees that the village is in a mess, and tries to shift blame onto Fea and lmp for their 'back-and-forth' exchange.
Actually, I think my accusations are a benefit to the village. Or atleast they have been to me, gets me to see how people respond and what not. So, whilst my accusations be totally random, and unlogical, there's a purpose to them, or atleast they serve me a purpose. I hope I don't need to say this in more layman terms.

Again, despite Eomer's vote for me, as of right now he seems fairly innocent. Again foolish for following a foolish person. What is it that's always said, who's more foolish, the fool or the one who follows him? So I guess this makes Eomer more foolish but not a wolf.

Cailin, vote for Eomer just seems totally out of the blue, I guess she did Anguirel's strategy of the straw trick. Which is the dumbest way to vote, but not a wolf.

Anguirel, I've explained, foolish, and a bloody noble, but not a wolf.

Lhuna and Shelob, want to hear from these two. But, right now willing to let them slide, I'm sure there's an explanation for there absense. And think of it this way, if they don't talk tomorrow they're dead anyway.

Estelyn just seems totally lost at this point. This isn't wolfishness, just one getting a grasp of how these wolves roll.

Firefoot and Mr. Underhill I need to hear more from and I would like to before we send them to the gallows.

tgwbs' early vote clears him from a wolf atleast for this day, despite how flawed his strategy is.

lmp, realizing that votes are tied now between myself and Shelob suddenly suspects me, and could probably easily get me hanged since I'm not very well liked here.

Feanor, as I said the gibberish and voluptuous connotation between lmp and herself looks like a ploy designed by the wolves. For if I'm not mistaken the wolves can now PM during the day to discuss strategy?

Formendacil, because of him wanting to hang someone who is "immoral."

With all this being said, I think those who have voted already...
Anguirel
Cailin
Eomer
Estelyn
tgwbs

Are not wolves. With wolves being able to now discuss day and night, I think we can expect them to hange around later and let voting unfold to devise their strategies.

So, I'll probably be on again, but there's a possibility I won't and I'm going to vote for...

++Formendacil
Old 10-18-2005, 04:57 PM   #111
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

White Tree

I realize I cross-posted with Firefoot, and I find the post atleast was written with good intentions.

Also I realized I forgot to mention Encaitare, so insert her name in place of Firefoot's in my previous post. She's another quiet one.
Old 10-18-2005, 05:10 PM   #112
mormegil
Maundering Mage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boromir88
With all this being said, I think those who have voted already...
Anguirel
Cailin
Eomer
Estelyn
tgwbs

Are not wolves. With wolves being able to now discuss day and night, I think we can expect them to hange around later and let voting unfold to devise their strategies.
I think that one could well be a wolf. It would make sense for the wolves to get one vote early and see how it takes so they don't all have to wait till the end. I find you blanket statement far to encompassing to be true. I don't find you overly suspicious based on this but I simply don't agree with you.
Old 10-18-2005, 05:13 PM   #113
Feanor of the Peredhil
La Belle Dame sans Merci

Quote:
LMP and Fea because of the endless folderol exchanged between eachother.
You call my demand of a decent strategy to make up for implying that my honor is somewhat less than, endless? I fear that I must disagree. Though I clouded my request with role-playing teasing, it was given because I've noted that LMP posts frequently, but with little substance, choosing rather to take full advantage of his lecherous role, as opposed to trying to kill wolves. His posts take the attention away from our job... trying to survive. Though he provided us with an organizational tool, that is not any new information to several of us. My own notes chart who mentions whom, and in what light, who is accused, who is defended, who is voted for, what strategy came from whom, and random notes that I find interesting and worth rememberance for each player. All of your accusations, defenses, and random interesting comments have their own special places in my notes. Just because I'm a mere pretty tavern wench doesn't mean that I can't take some pretty darned deep notes.

My two suspects, for little reason besides tweaking my nerves, are B88 and LMP. LMP because of what I've said already, B88 for jumping to conclusions that don't match up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LMP
Feanor has been a bit wild after hours, if you take my meaning. Also, the fact that she's picked me to start heaping abuse upon, is not to my liking. If ever someone were to play the werewolf boldly, it would be this Feanor, quite capable of the bluff, double bluff, and bait-and-switch bluff (which I can't even possibly explain but you can bet Feanor would do it).
I'm honored by your opinion of my capabilities, but you're wrong on me. Just because I'm fully capable of pulling off any depth bluff I feel like (most of which include no true work, simply alluding to one and letting your imagination do the work for me) doesn't mean I am. Although at this point, I'm curious about bait-and-switch bluffing, for future use, should the innocents survive (that'a'way we can go help out other plagued villages with our knowledge, you know).

In ANY case... the caps accentuating my sigh... I rather think that the Seer should ought to take a peek at LMP in his/her dreams tonight. Or me. Since my reputation (no, not that sort...) has preceded me, I foresee that I'll never quite be trusted without a Seer saying straight up and honestly to you:

"Fea is pure and innocent as the wind-driven snow, you should stop dropping her name as though it was a rabid ferret, and you should take into account everything she says because she is smarter than you."

I mean... the last part is elaboration, but if you're so confident in my wolvery, you can give me the benefit of the doubt (after all, logic favors me in that I've got a higher likelihood of being innocent than guilty) and have confidence in my skills as an innocent.

Also, Boromir, I'd like to see a potential strategy from you. Though you commented that the village would be severely stupid and deserve a very concisely chopped death should we kill you, you didn't bother saying what we should do instead. At this point, my vote is leaning toward you, Boromir, but I've got a bit of a tug toward LMP as well. You'll note that I don't presume to group pairings of wolves together nearly as often as you do. What are you on now? Three? First you accused Saucie, Lhuna, and Esty. Saucie?! Way to go. Talk about grasping to kill off a complete innocent. And then Lhuna, Esty, and TGWBS. You then immediately drop your suspicion of all three, with no explanation, for another pairing: LMP, Formen, and myself.

I think that the best thing to do is track 'em one wolf at a time. After all, if you try to follow too many roads at once, you'll miss an exit and get lost a half hour from your destination. Haven't y'all ever been on a road trip to know that? Once we pin one wolf, we can track the rest based on that. But throwing out pairings?

Boro, either you've adopted my well-known philosophy, or you're just trying too hard.

EDIT: cross posted with Firefoot, Boro (twice) and morm.
Old 10-18-2005, 05:26 PM   #114
Formendacil
Dead Serious

Formendacil is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Formendacil is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Formendacil is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Formendacil is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Quote:
So, I'll probably be on again, but there's a possibility I won't and I'm going to vote for...

++Formendacil

I find this deeply insulting...

Mainly because I don't think that there's any reason to pick on me rather than anybody else. As for picking on LMP, I wasn't saying I was GOING to vote for him, but merely that, with a lack of any sort of evidence, I may as well pick on him for his offensive lifestyle...

However, what's done is done, and I am still no closer to finding a victim.
Old 10-18-2005, 05:27 PM   #115
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

White Tree

Quote:
I think that one could well be a wolf. It would make sense for the wolves to get one vote early and see how it takes so they don't all have to wait till the end. I find you blanket statement far to encompassing to be true. I don't find you overly suspicious based on this but I simply don't agree with you.~mormegil
I accept this, I'm not stubborn. I can say with confidence though, that I'm not overly suspicious of any of them. But, I agree that there's a possibility, but as of right now I will say none of them are wolves.

Quote:
Also, Boromir, I'd like to see a potential strategy from you. Though you commented that the village would be severely stupid and deserve a very concisely chopped death should we kill you, you didn't bother saying what we should do instead. At this point, my vote is leaning toward you, Boromir, but I've got a bit of a tug toward LMP as well. You'll note that I don't presume to group pairings of wolves together nearly as often as you do. What are you on now? Three? First you accused Saucie, Lhuna, and Esty. Saucie?! Way to go. Talk about grasping to kill off a complete innocent. And then Lhuna, Esty, and TGWBS. You then immediately drop your suspicion of all three, with no explanation, for another pairing: LMP, Formen, and myself.~Feanor
Probably because you were cross-posting but I explained my strategy...
Quote:
Actually, I think my accusations are a benefit to the village. Or atleast they have been to me, gets me to see how people respond and what not. So, whilst my accusations be totally random, and unlogical, there's a purpose to them, or atleast they serve me a purpose. I hope I don't need to say this in more layman terms.
What are our two main ways in finding a wolf?

First, the voting, with no voting off the bat this is no help to us. Though it becomes the biggest and best way to find a wolf.

So, what's the other way...talk, and that's what my accusations get do, get people to talk. All the more possibility of them slipping up, and it gets me to see their reaction to my accusations.

Then you accuse lmp of complete hoopla that's done nothing to help us find a wolf, you do the same thing?

And finally...
Quote:
Boro, either you've adopted my well-known philosophy, or you're just trying too hard.
As much as this may hurt, it's got nothing to do with you.
Old 10-18-2005, 05:36 PM   #116
Firefoot
Illusionary Holbytla

The other thing about not being suspicious of those who have voted early is that wolves can't help the timezone they live in. I can't say I'm very suspicious of any of those people either, but it isn't because they've voted early.
Old 10-18-2005, 05:56 PM   #117
Formendacil
Dead Serious

Well, I'm not exactly living in another timezone, but this is the last opportunity I have to vote today, due to the constraints of a social life (yes, you heard right, even a Gong Farmer has a social life).

I'm going to go with someone who is known to be quite smart, who is currently playing it dumb, and who has been keeping a relatively low profile. I'm not saying that he's a Werewolf, but he COULD be, and I have no better evidence to go by. And since this is only one vote, I shouldn't be doing any real damage...

++Mister Underhill
Old 10-18-2005, 06:07 PM   #118
Feanor of the Peredhil
La Belle Dame sans Merci

Quote:
As much as this may hurt, it's got nothing to do with you.
What? Me, not the center of the universe? I don't believe it.

However... I still want to see you killed. I know... once I pick up a prejudice, it doesn't go away very easily. Which is probably why I plan to (currently) vote for LMP tonight.

The beauty of EST though, is that I can see any last minute shenanigans and vote accordingly. However, I don't suspect I'll see any.... but one can always hope, yeah?

It's not like our wolves (coughLMPcough) will just come out and say "I'm a wolf. You should lynch me before it's too late." After all, that's only happened once in history. Not many could pull it off. The one that did it... I forget who it was... must have been incredible. Keen, clever... audacious as all get out. Certainly not somebody to be taken lightly, or accused of tom-foolery without good reason.

You know... I think I'd like to see Encaitare get lynched. It would just make my day. And it's been a long day. Hours of travel, and they were re-dirting one of the roads, so the workers held up all of the horse-traffic on my way back to Erbar Telamarth... and I've still got a load of work to finish up, no thanks to my bosses... they just love for me to examine language, intelligence, and thinking/communication styles and be able to discuss my findings accordingly with my peers... No, m'loves, I'm not talking Tol-in-Gaurhoth... I've got psych homework. I'll check in in a couple hours when I finish up. If I don't see some significant changes, I'm eeny-meenying it up between B88 and LMP.
Old 10-18-2005, 06:20 PM   #119
littlemanpoet
Itinerant Songster

Feanor remains on my list for the same reason the Phantom would were he still alive: formidable, and absolutely nothing she says can necessarily be taken at face value.

I now go to try and figure out what Eomer and Mormegil were talking about in 52 & 56, even looking in my posts in case they're barking up the wrong tree.
Old 10-18-2005, 06:25 PM   #120
Shelob
Shade of Carn Dûm

Shelob has just left Hobbiton.
::a quick out of game note--There is a reason for my absense, three actually 1. school, 2. chauffeur duty was thrust upon me 3. I started feeling really sick. For such reaons expect little more from me toDAY (unless, as stated later, I see myself accruing most the votes). Unless I'm really sick expect more on following days though...we now return you to your game::

1. Firefoot, I understand you accusing me... I am somewhat low on the social order of things, but I get by. I have neither need nor desire to rise above myself, esp. now I know that there are some few lower than I.

2. Estelyn Telcontar and TGWBS, voting for the silent one eh? A thousand sarcastic thanks...I should be wary of you though, voting for those who have not spoken is safe; you don't need a reason beyond their silence, they don't have a chance to defend themselves until it's too late, the vote is overlooked on later days as it gained nothing. But then again, nothing gambled nothing lost, eh? It seems to me that vote in such a way is to hide in brightest day...though, if it is then only one of you is likely guilty, for two of three wolves to vote so would all but be insanity.

3. Mormegil, wolves will likely try to save themselves whenever possible. However, should doing so risk another of their kin it is the good of the pack they'll look out for. We should remember that when we've voting records to consider. A wolf who refuses to save themself is likely saving their fellows, and through the lack of trail we may be led to the remaining beasts.

4. Current suspicions based on a somewhat rushed reading:
>Anguirel: Seems to say much without actually saying much. Post tone has something in it to suggest wolf-ish-ness. He seems (pst. 68) to be making light of the situation. HOWEVER, given that a wolf would either have to be dumb as a post or brilliant beyond all belief to pull off acting this way from the first day I'm inclined to trust that Anguirel is innocent...for now.
>TGWBS: His vote for me asside, his post (67) in which he speaks almost lightly of our situation (overdramatic "Alas, Death!", and his "weredwarf" comment) seem too, well, unconcerned for an innocent. (cf. Anguirel, though should one proove lycanthopic it would be my bet the other wasn't)

4a. That's not all, but as mentioned before I'm feeling sick...I can't actually remember who else I suspected...

5. A quick comment on likely werewolf strategies:

>Werewolves will vote so as to achieve one of four things: (A) to save themselves (B) to save another of their pack (C) to doom an innocent (D) to begin an innocents descent to doom. Because of such smart wolves can all but avoid detection, double bluff you see. An early enough vote can achieve D without actually seeming to have had a reason beyond innocent naivity. Votes to serve A and C are always looked on as suspicious, so most wolves will try to avoid voting that way unless there are others more likely to draw attention than themselves. as for B votes, their hard to spot until we've got at least one wolf down, with knowledge of who was trying to save them or of whom they tried to save it's easier to find and track votes of this sort

>Werewolves will likely kill people who aren't really gathering a lot of suspicion. Any innocent (and remember, the wolves know who are innocent) drawing enough attention away from the real wolves is worth keeping around, all the moreso if said innocent is also hitting close to home. Wolves will keep such a person around because the death of that innocent (whether by noose or by fang) will only take out a shield between the wolves and the gallows.

>Werewolves will kill so as to direct the voting away from their "class". By "class" I mean volume group, for example I would be in the "quiet" class whereas Anguirel would likely fit the "loud" class. To me there are three general classes, the Quiet, the Loud, and the Middle. Quiet wolves will try to kill in loud so as to rile up the other Loud villagers, Loud villagers will tend to accuse other Louds or those talking but not talking enough (Middle) thus drawing attention (and votes) away from the Quiet group. There comes a point for Quiet wolves though when killing Loud people becomes too dangerous, it moves the wolves up through the ranks of the Middle putting them more in the Loud's spotlights. Middle wolves will likely take out other Middles, this leaves Louds to accuse each other and Quiets for the wolves to shift blame to. Loud wolves, can likely kill whomever they please, since Louds get (or take) the most air time they are in the best positions to manipulate during the day as well as with their kills, thus Loud kills will likely be well thought out so as to appear like Middle or Quiet kills. If their pack is mixed wolves have to give it far more thought...to hide one of their member will require putting forward another

>During the day wolves will have to try and remain within their class, sudden changes (as with sudden movements) draw unwanted eyes. This means that if a non-Loud wolf is under pressure they can't do much to defend themselves. Rants are nice and even innocents may feel the need to vent their anger, but they look wolfish. If we all do our best to keep sudden long rants out of our discussions and try to defend ourselves with evidence presented from the game it makes it that much harder for wolves to hide their guilt. One can only gilt over guilt for so long.

>Since their main goal is to remain undetected wolves need to consider double, tripple and even riskier bluffs...The easiest time to do this would be this NIGHT. The right kill now and everyone will have their minds set in the wrong tracks. If their kill is a bluff and we go for it we've handed them a kill and gained all but nothing. If their kill is a bluff and we don't go for it those the bluff cast suspicion on will survive and we'll be left with unknown, untrustable elements gumming up the works. If it's not a bluff we'll certainly take it as one and either of the before described situations shall apply.

6. Having said all that, I fully expect to be alive tomorrow. Right now I'm likely gathering enough suspicion to detract from the wolves, so they won't kill me. This would tend to suggest that I'll draw even more suspicion tomorrow and be stand a good chance of being lynched then. However, there's enough of a chance that I could also be a thorn in the wolves side, this being the case they'd want me killed...Since killing me in the night would detract from their list of shields tomorrow it's more than likely that one wolf (at least) would support my lynching upon the morrow. That way they get two kills for the price of one, a NIGHT kill where they can send suspicion where they please and my DAY death where they'd thin our innocent ranks. Furthermore, should this be the case, it's likely that one wolf (at least) shall defend me...not enough to really be connected to me, but enough to keep me around another DAY, the longer I remain an unknown, untrustable element the better off for them.

7. With 6 in mind I suggest you lynch me now, you'll do no worse than you likely could on the first day anyway, you'll remove a potentially dangerous element from tomorrow's proceedings and (in my death) you'll see my words clearly for what they are, an attempt to help. Should I see myself getting a good majority of votes I'll wrack my mind for any further help and post it.

With that I think I'll vote

++Anguirel

mostly because of my assorted and disconnected suspcicions he stands out the most.

Until Then.

Last edited by Shelob; 10-18-2005 at 06:28 PM. Reason: Typo.
Shelob is offline   Reply With Quote