The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Discussions > The Movies
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 02-16-2003, 01:39 PM   #1
galadriel'smaiden
Haunting Spirit

galadriel'smaiden has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to galadriel'smaiden
Sting My fave line

I loved the <P>"His gardener" part 2
galadriel'smaiden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2003, 01:52 PM   #2
the real findorfin
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

the real findorfin has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via ICQ to the real findorfin Send a message via AIM to the real findorfin
Sting

I love Theoden's speech when he is getting ready for the battle, hence the signature.
Old 02-16-2003, 02:01 PM   #3
elven maiden Earwen
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

elven maiden Earwen has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to elven maiden Earwen
Sting

I LOVE GANDALFS LAST SPEECH ON THE HORSES. Its my sig
elven maiden Earwen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2003, 02:29 PM   #4
Firondoiel
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Firondoiel has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

I really like Theoden's line...<P>"Fell deed await, now for wrath, now for ruin, and the red dawn. Forth Eorlingas!"<P>And then Sam's speech...<P>Sam:"I know. It’s all wrong. By rights we shouldn’t even be here. But we are. It’s like in the great stories, Mr. Frodo. The ones that really mattered. Full of darkness and danger they were. And sometimes you didn’t want to know the end. Because how could the end be happy? How could the world go back to the way it was when so much bad had happened. But in the end, it’s only a passing thing, this shadow. Even darkness must pass. A new day will come. And when the sun shines it will shine out the clearer. Those were the stories that stayed with you. That meant something. Even if you were too small to understand why. But I think, Mr. Frodo, I do understand. I know now. Folk in those stories had lots of chances of turning back only they didn’t. Because they were holding on to something."<P>Frodo: "What are we holding on to Sam?"<P>Sam: "That there's some good in this world Mr.Frodo, and it's worth fighing for."<P>Soooooo good!!!!! I love these lines!!!<p>[ February 16, 2003: Message edited by: Firondoiel ]
"Forth, and fear no darkness. Arise. Arise, Riders of Théoden. Spears shall be shaken, shields shall be splintered. A sword day, a red day, ere the sun rises! Ride now! Ride now! Ride! Ride for ruin and the world's ending!"
Firondoiel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2003, 02:30 PM   #5
Maiden of the Dry Waterfall

Shield

My fave is probably...well my siggy, and this:<P>Pippin - what's that?<BR>Merry - this, my friend, is a pint!<BR>P - it comes in pints?<BR>M - Mm!<BR>P - I'm getting one!
Old 02-16-2003, 03:51 PM   #6
BethoHOG
Haunting Spirit

BethoHOG has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to BethoHOG
Sting

I think there was already a thread on "favorite lines" but oh well... here are "some" of mine. All of them are from The Two Towers. I got these off TTT script. <P>Pippin:<BR>Don't talk to it Merry. Don't encourage it.<P>Gollum: <BR>We wants it, we needs it. Must have the Preciousss. They stole it from us. Sneaky little hobbitses. Wicked, tricksy, filthsss! <BR>Sméagol: <BR>"No! No! Master!" <BR>Gollum: <BR>Yess. Preciousss first. They will cheat you, hurt you, lie! <BR>Sméagol: <BR>Master's my friend. <BR>Gollum: <BR>You don't have any friends. Nobody likes you. <BR>Sméagol: <BR>Not listening. Not listening. <BR>Gollum: <BR>You're a liar, and a thief. <BR>Sméagol: <BR>No. <BR>Gollum: <BR>Murderer! <BR>Sméagol: <BR>Go away. <BR>Gollum: <BR>Go away?! Ahahhaa! <BR>Sméagol: <BR>I hate you, I hate you. <BR>Gollum: <BR>Where would you be without me? Gollum. Gollum. I saved us. It was me. We survived because of me. <BR>Sméagol: <BR>Not anymore. <BR>Gollum: <BR>What did you say? <BR>Sméagol: <BR>Master looks after us now. We don't need you. <BR>Gollum: <BR>What? <BR>Sméagol: <BR>Leave now and never come back. <BR>Gollum: <BR>No! <BR>Sméagol: <BR>Leave now and never come back! <BR>Gollum: <BR>Ahh! <BR>Sméagol: <BR>LEAVE NOW AND NEVER COME BACK! <BR>[Silence] <BR>Sméagol: <BR>We told him to go away! And away he goes, preciousss. Gone, gone, gone, Sméagol is free! <P>Sméagol: <BR>Argh!! Whats he doing! Stupid fat hobbit. You ruins it! <BR>Sam: <BR>What's to ruin? There's hardly any meat on them. What we need it a few good taters. <BR>Sméagol: <BR>What's taters? Preciousss, what's taters? Huh? <BR>Sam: <BR>Po-ta-toes!! Boil them, mash them, stick them in a stew. Lovely big golden chips with a nice piece of fried fish. <BR>Sméagol: <BR>Phooh! <BR>Sam: <BR>Even you couldn't say no to that. <BR>Sméagol: <BR>Oh yes we could. Ssspoiling nice fish! Give it to ussss raw. and wwwriggling. You keep nasty chips! <BR>Sam: <BR>You're hopeless.<P><BR>Frodo: <BR>We are hobbits of the Shire. Frodo Baggins is my name and this is Samwise Gamgee. <BR>Faramir: <BR>Your bodyguard? <BR>Sam: <BR>His gardener. <P>Sméagol:<BR>Rock and pool, <BR>Is nice and cool, <BR>So juicy sweeeet. <BR>I only wish, <BR>To catch a fish, <BR>So juicy sweeeeet! <P>Legolas (to Aragorn): <BR>Le ab-dollen. [Translation: "You're late."] <BR>You look terrible. <P>Gimli: <BR>Arg... You could have picked a better spot. <P>Gimli: <BR>[Impatiently]: What's happening out there? <BR>Legolas: <BR>[Smiling] Shall I describe it to you? Or would you like me to find you a box? <P>Gimli: <BR>Legolas, two already! <BR>Legolas: <BR>I'm on seventeen! <BR>Gimli: <BR>Arg! I'll have no pointy-ear outscoring me! <BR>Legolas: <BR>Nineteen! <P>"It's me. It's your Sam. Don't you know your Sam?"<P>Frodo: <BR>I can't do this, Sam. <BR>Sam: <BR>I know. It's all wrong. By rights we shouldn't even be here. But we are. It's like in the great stories, Mr. Frodo. The ones that really mattered. Full of darkness and danger they were. And sometimes you didn't want to know the end. Because how could the end be happy? How could the world go back to the way it was when so much bad had happened. <BR>But in the end, it's only a passing thing, this shadow. Even darkness must pass. A new day will come. And when the sun shines it will shine out the clearer. <BR>Sam: <BR>Those were the stories that stayed with you. That meant something. Even if you were too small to understand why. But I think, Mr. Frodo, I do understand. I know now. Folk in those stories had lots of chances of turning back only they didn't. Because they were holding on to something. <BR>Frodo: <BR>What are we holding on to, Sam? <BR>Sam: <BR>That there's some good in this world, Mr. Frodo. And it's worth fighting for.<P>Sam: <BR>I wonder if people will ever say, 'Let's hear about Frodo and the Ring.'<BR>And they'll say, 'yes, that's one of my favorite stories. Frodo was really courageous, wasn't he, dad.' <BR>'Yes, my boy, the most famousest of hobbits. And that's saying alot.' <BR>Frodo: <BR>'You left out one of the chief characters. Samwise the Brave. I want to hear more about Sam. Frodo wouldn't have got far without Sam.'<BR>Sam: <BR>Now Mr. Frodo, you shouldn't make fun. I was being serious. <BR>Frodo: <BR>So was I. <BR>Sam: <BR>Samwise the Brave...<P>Faramir: <BR>I think at last we understand one another, Frodo Baggins. <BR>Manathor: <BR>You know the laws of our country. The laws of your father. If you let them go, your life will be forfeit. <BR>Faramir: <BR>Then it is forfeit. Release them.
Old 02-16-2003, 03:52 PM   #7
BethoHOG
Haunting Spirit

Sting

Whoops... sorry for so many. Didn't realize how long it was until after I posted. O_O Hey, how do you edit entrys? Trying to figure that out...
Old 02-16-2003, 03:56 PM   #8
Gorwingel
Beholder of the Mists

Gorwingel has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

There are so many great lines in that film, I can't decide which one I like the best, but I would have to say one that is close to the top of my list is Sam's Speech, that just makes me smile, it is so wonderful.
Old 02-16-2003, 04:15 PM   #9
Maros An Doramor

Sting

"All I ask is for the strength to defend my people"- Boromir<P>Man! If I was Frodo, I would have given Boromir the ring, all because of this line. How the hell can anyone counter this argument?
Old 02-16-2003, 04:27 PM   #10
elven maiden Earwen
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

elven maiden Earwen has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to elven maiden Earwen
Sting

love the PO-TAT-TOES line too.
elven maiden Earwen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2003, 06:19 PM   #11
Rynoah, the Overly-Happy
Shade of Carn Dûm

Rynoah, the Overly-Happy has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:<HR>Hey, how do you edit entrys? Trying to figure that out...<HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>There's a little icon above your entry that looks like a hammer on a piece of green paper about to hit a pencil. Click on it.<P> <BLOCKQUOTE>quote:<HR>"All I ask is for the strength to defend my people"- Boromir<HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>< Perfectionist >It's actually, "I ask only for the strength to defend my people!"< /Perfectionist > but you got the gist of it. <P>Favorite line... hmm.... I'd have to say Boromir in Lothlorien when he is talking to Aragorn about Minas Tirith. That entire speech is quite inspiring and, considering the future events concerning Boromir, extremely sad. It's brought a tear to my eye more than once and that's saying a lot, considering I hardly ever cry.<p>[ February 16, 2003: Message edited by: Rynoah, the Overly-Happy ]
Rynoah, the Overly-Happy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2003, 07:33 PM   #12
Eruwen

Eruwen has just left Hobbiton.
Tolkien

Well, I would put it, but I think BethoHOG has pretty much covered every one of ours. But my favorite line is Sam's speech as well. It is the only scene in the movie which almost made me cry. I don't cry at movies, but I swear I was on the verge of letting a tear drop when Sam said, "That there's some good in this world, Mr Frodo, and it's worth fighting for."<P>Whoa, that makes me cringe every time I hear/see it.
Eruwen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2003, 07:46 PM   #13
BethoHOG
Haunting Spirit

Sting

Heh... sorry for taking all of them, guys. XP
Old 02-16-2003, 08:19 PM   #14
Rochelle
Shade of Carn Dûm

Rochelle has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

My favorite line...hmm...there are so many! Personally I think Gandalf provided the most insightful quotes...and Gimli and Legolas provided the funniest ones <P>"Many that live deserve death. Some that die deserve life. Can you give it to them?"<P>or<P><BR>Frodo: <BR>I wish the Ring had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened. <P>Gandalf: <BR>So do all that come to see such times, but that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us. There are other forces at work in this world, Frodo, besides the will of evil. Bilbo was meant to find the Ring. In which case you were also 'meant' to have it. And that is an encouraging thought

"Faithless is he that says farewell when the road darkens"
Rochelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2003, 08:33 PM   #15
Eressië Ailin
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Eressië Ailin has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Eressië Ailin
Question

Favorite line... Hmmm...<P>I really like when Sam's talking about how they might be put into stories...<P>And when Smeagol is talking to himself...
Eressië Ailin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2003, 02:35 PM   #16
Meela
Denethor's True Love

Meela has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

anything said by faramir, denethor, grima, boromir in his cranky ring-grabbing phase, haldir, and celeborn<P>i cant find my list right now
Old 02-19-2003, 04:03 PM   #17
Peri
Wight

Peri has just left Hobbiton.
Silmaril

I loved when Smeagol was having that conflict within himself. It was so funny.
Old 02-19-2003, 04:07 PM   #18
Meela
Denethor's True Love

Meela has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

"Eyyyight there arrre heeere, yet nine thayre wayre seat ouuuut from rivendeeelll. tayl meee, whayre is gandaaalf, for i mooch desayre to speeek with hiiim."<BR>Celeborn, movie. <BR>"Can you protect me from yourself?"<BR>Frodo, movie. <BR>"Much that once was is lost. For none now live who remember it."<BR>Cate Blanchett, intro of movie. <BR>"Where is the horse and the rider, <BR>Where is the horn that was blowing<BR>They have passed like rain on the mountain, <BR>Like wind in the mead<BR>The days come down in the west<BR>Behind the hills, to shadow..."<BR>Theodon, The Two Towers. <BR>"There is nothing we can do for Frodo. The quest will claim his life." <BR>Galadriel, The Two Towers. <BR>"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its black gates are guarded by more than just orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep. And the great eye is ever watchful. 'Tis a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust. The very air that you breathe is a poisonous fume. Not with ten thousand men could you do this. It is folly."<BR>Boromir, movie. <BR>"I will take the ring to Mordor… Though … Though I do not know the way."<BR>Frodo, movie. <BR>"If by my life or death, if I can protect you, I will. You have my sword."<BR>Aragorn, movie. <BR>"You carry the fate of us all little one. If this is indeed the will of the council, then Gondor will see it done."<BR>Boromir, movie. <BR>"Strangers from distant lands, friends of old. You have been summoned to answer the threat of Mordor. Middle-earth stands upon the brink of destruction. <BR>None can escape it. You will unite, or you will fall. Each race is bound this fate, this one doom. Bring forth the ring, Frodo."<BR>Elrond, movie. <BR>"So it is true… It is a gift. A gift to the foes of Mordor. Why not use this ring. Long has my father, the steward of Gondor kept the forces of Mordor at bay by the blood of our people are your lands kept safe. Give Gondor the weapon of the enemy. Let us use it against him!" <BR>Boromir, movie. <BR>"What chance do you think you have? They will find you. They will take the ring. And you will beg for death before the end!" <BR>Boromir, movie. <BR>"I made a promise, Mr Frodo. A promise. Don't you leave him Samwise Gamgee. And I don't mean to. I don't mean to."<BR>Sam, movie. <BR>"The dwarf breathes so loud we could have shot him in the dark." <BR> Haldir, movie.<P>"What do they say about him?" <BR> Merry.<BR>"I have not the heart to tell you. For me the grief is still too near." <BR> Legolas, movie.<P>"I will find no rest here. I heard her voice inside my head. She spoke of my father and the fall of Gondor. She said to me, even now there is hope left. But I cannot see it. It is long since we had any hope. My father is a noble man, but his rule is failing. And then our... our people lose faith. He looks to me to make things right, and I, I would do it. I would see the glory of Gondor restored. Have you ever seen it, Aragorn? The white tower of Ecthelion. Glimmering like a spike of pearl and silver. Its banners caught high in the morning breeze. Have you ever been called home by the clear ringing of silver trumpets?"<BR> Boromir, movie.<P>"One day our paths will lead us there. And the tower guard shall take up the call. For the Lords of Gondor have returned."<BR> Boromir, movie.<P>"Even the smallest person can change the course of the future."<BR> Galadriel, movie.<P>"It is not the eastern shore that worries me. A shadow and a threat has been growing in my mind. Something draws near. I can feel it."<BR> Legolas, movie.<P><BR>(in celeborn's line, it sounded like he was welsh, so thats why its written weirdly)
Old 05-17-2003, 08:31 AM   #19
Daisy Brambleburr
Shade of Carn Dûm

Daisy Brambleburr has just left Hobbiton.
Pipe

I have a lot of favorite lines, so here goes!<P>Pippin: (To Merry) What's that?<BR>Merry: This, my friend, is a pint.<BR>Pippin: It comes in pints?<BR>Merry: (a muffled mhmm!)<BR>Pippin: I'm getting one!<P>Pippin: What about second breakfast (and all that, but I can't remember it at the moment).<P>Theoden: Where is the horse and the rider, <BR>Where is the horn that was blowing<BR>They have passed like rain on the mountain, <BR>Like wind in the meadow.<BR>The days come down in the west<BR>Behind the hills, to shadow.<P>I loved the way he said it.<P>I also really liked all of the Boromir lines, Sean Bean was just so great.<P>"My brother, my captain, my king"<P>My brain has frozen and I can't think of any more! Oh well. <P>
Old 05-17-2003, 10:38 AM   #20
Tinuviel Took
Wight

Tinuviel Took has just left Hobbiton.
Pipe

I don't think I have a faverite but, I really liked a lot of the new lines (new as in not in the book, those are all magnificent) in TTT (you've quoted a lot of them), more so than the ones in FOTR surprisingly since I disliked a lot of the changes in TTT more. The only ones I can think of in FOTR are "Where are we going?" and the bit about second breakfast.
Old 05-17-2003, 08:58 PM   #21
elle
Animated Skeleton

elle has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to elle Send a message via MSN to elle
Pipe

um, hard choice really , but one of my favourite lines is in the fellowship of the ring, when their running in the crops .<P>Merry: "don't see why he's so upset it's only a couple of carrots."<P>Pippin: " and some cabbages, and then those three bags of potatoes we lifted last week and the mushrooms the week before."<P>Merry: " yes pippin , my point is he's clearly over reacting!"<P>and i like the pint part and this one:<P>sam: " trust a brandybuck and a took"<P>merry:" what, that was just a detour a shortcut"<P>sam: " a shortcut to what?"<P>pippin: " MUSHROOMS!"<P>and um let me see, <P>pippin: " done"<P>merry:" your suppose to stick it in the ground"<P>pippin:"it is in the ground"<P>merry:" outside"<P>pippin:"it was your idea"<P>BOOM!<P>Merry:"that was good"<P>Pippin:" lets get another one!"<P>oh and , <P>Frodo:" i need to leave the shire, sam and i must get to bree"<P>Merry:" right, buckleberry ferry, follow me!"<P>and, last one promise, <P>Pippin:" baggins, sure i know a baggins, he's right over there, Frodo Baggins, he's my second cousin, once removed on my mother's side and my third cousin..."<P>anyways those are just the ones from the fellowship of the ring...

~*Stop Deforestation, Start Reforestation*~
~*Save our Future, Save a Tree*~
elle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2003, 01:54 PM   #22
Orofaniel
Mighty Mouse of Mordor

Orofaniel has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Orofaniel
Ring

This is from The Lord of The Ring- The Fellowship of The Ring<P>My favorite line is hen Arwen says this on Weathertorp:<P>Arwen to Frodo: Frodo,im Arwen. Telin le thaed.Lasto beth nîn, tolo dan nan galad.<P>I got one more..<P>When Arwen says the Bruinen spell:<P>Nîn o Chithaeglir<BR>lasto beth daer;<BR>Rimmo nîn Bruinen<BR>dan in Ulaer!<P>Orofaniel
Old 05-18-2003, 01:58 PM   #23
Orofaniel
Mighty Mouse of Mordor

Orofaniel has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Orofaniel
Sting

oops, I think I did something wrong....wrote my name...I'm new that's my excuse.....
Old 05-20-2003, 09:11 AM   #24
dunadan_aragorn
Wight

dunadan_aragorn has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to dunadan_aragorn
Sting

Quoth the Raven<BR>I like Aragorn's poem. I memorized it. hehehehehehehe. <BR>Nevermore
dunadan_aragorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2003, 10:58 PM   #25
GaladrieloftheOlden
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Location: Massachusetts - digging up a bottomless hole, searching for something that's not there...
GaladrieloftheOlden has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to GaladrieloftheOlden Send a message via MSN to GaladrieloftheOlden Send a message via Yahoo to GaladrieloftheOlden
Pipe

I realize this has been up for a while, so probably it is in some way different from the others, but there are quite a few threads on the topic of favorite lines <P>~Menelien
Old 05-20-2003, 11:33 PM   #26
Alatáriël Lossëhelin
Shade of Carn Dûm

Location: Road to Rivendell: 2491 miles from Hobbiton, with Frodo and Sam, homeward bound
Alatáriël Lossëhelin has just left Hobbiton.
Silmaril

Frodo in Bag End: "What must I do?"<P>Aragorn in Bree: "Are you frightened?" "Yes." "Not nearly frightened enough. I know what hunts you."<P>Frodo in Rivendell: "I'm not like you, Bilbo."<P>Sam in Moria: "I think I'm getting the hang of this."<P>Legolas in Lothlorien: "I have not the heart to tell you. For me, the grief is still too near."<P>Galadriel in Lothlorien: "Even the smallest person can change the course of the future."<P>Boromir at Amon Hen: "I would have followed you, my brother...my captain...my king."<P>Frodo at Amon Hen: "Look after the others, especially Sam. He will not understand."<P>Sam at Amon Hen: "Don't you leave him, Samwise Gamgee. And I don't mean to."<P>Frodo in Emyn Muil: "Sam, I'm glad you're with me."<P>Frodo in Emyn Muil: "He didn't mean for a lot of things to happen, Sam. But they did."<P>Aragorn at Helm's Deep: "Haleth, son of Háma. There is always hope."<P>Gandalf & Éomer at Helm's Deep: "Theoden King stands alone." "Not alone. Rohirrim! To the King."<P>Sam at Henneth Annûn: "Please. It's such a burden. Will you not help him?"<P>Sam at Osgiliath: "It's your Sam. Don't you know your Sam?"<P>Faramir at Osgiliath: "Then it is forfeit."<P>Frodo & Sam in Ithilien: "You left out one of the chief characters--Samwise the Brave. I want to hear more about Sam. Frodo wouldn't have got far without Sam." "Now Mr. Frodo, you shouldn't make fun. I was being serious." "So was I." "Samwise the Brave."<P>Oops, that was a bit longer than I intended.<BR> I seem to have a preponderance of Frodo/Sam quotes here. What can I say? I love these two hobbits.<p>[ May 21, 2003: Message edited by: Alatáriël ]
Old 05-21-2003, 12:13 AM   #27
Arwen_Evenstar
Wight

Arwen_Evenstar has just left Hobbiton.
Silmaril

Hi!<P>I just had to say:<BR>Earwen, your favourite line is:<BR><I>The two most common elements in the universe are Hydrogen and stupidity</I><BR>???<BR>Lol, i guess you've changed your sig!<BR>~nat~
Old 06-10-2003, 08:10 PM   #28
Frodo 007
Haunting Spirit

Location: Wellington, New Zealand (Middle-Earth Baby Yeah!!!)
Frodo 007 has just left Hobbiton.
lol yeh i love "his gardener" aswell!!!i also like the quote Legolas says when him, Gimli & Arargorn have been circled by the Riders Of Rohan!!!ya know that line he says, as Eomer insults Gimli!!!i also like that line Eomer says lol
Old 06-11-2003, 06:56 AM   #29
Mordor_Queen
Haunting Spirit

Mordor_Queen has just left Hobbiton.
The Eye

look @ my signature thats my favourite line
Old 06-17-2003, 09:28 AM   #30
Novlamothien
Haunting Spirit

Novlamothien has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

This was one of my favourite lines, it almost makes up for messing up Faramir. Almost. <BR>Faramir: <BR>I think at last we understand one another, Frodo Baggins. <BR>Manathor: <BR>You know the laws of our country. The laws of your father. If you let them go, your life will be forfeit. <BR>Faramir: <BR><I>Then it is forfeit</I>. Release them.<P>Good old Faramir's coming back!!
Old 06-17-2003, 10:40 AM   #31
Katie-lyn

Tolkien

Well I like most of the ones that BethoHOG has..There really good but I also like The one when Frodo puts on the ring for the first time in The Prnacing Pony....<P>Sauron: There is no life in the viod....only DEATH!....<P>I dono I like the wierd quotes Darn I had another one that I forgot -.-
Old 06-17-2003, 09:07 PM   #32
coryfly

Sting

'Elendil! I am Aragorn son of Arathorn, and am called Elessar, the Elfstone, Dunadan, the heir of Isildur Elendil's son fo Gondor. Here is the Sword that was broken and is forged again! Will you aid me or thwart me? Choose swiftly!'
Old 06-17-2003, 10:19 PM   #33
Froda

Ring

i really like that line as well. but i think my all time favorite line from ANY lotr movie is and always will be..."My precioussssss"<P>ya...i think that is it!!!
Old 06-18-2003, 02:06 AM   #34
arianrod
Wight

Location: Wandering Hobbiton, smiling at the hobbits & trying to sell them vacuum cleaners
arianrod has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to arianrod
Shield

So many.. cannot.. choose.. only.. one! But here are a few:<P>Sam's <B>"PO-TAY-TOES"</B> line. ahhh that was good...<P>Most all of Boromir's lines (especially during the Council; I have all of his lines memorized), but especially: <B>Gondor has no king. Gondor needs no king.</B> and <B>Not with 10,000 men could you do this. It is folly.</B><P>Gollum: <B>I only wish! To catch a fish! So juicy sweeeet!</B><P>Frodo: <B>Go back Sam! I'm going to Mordor alone.</B><BR>Sam: <B>Of course you are! And I'm coming with you!</B><P>Aragorn: <B>Let's hunt some orc!</B><P>The Drinking Song at the Green Dragon (FotR extended)<P>Theoden's little speech... poem... thing.<P>Sam's monologue.<P>Sam talking about tales and stories.<P>And Aragorn: <B>Ah rock, how I love you...</B> <BR>...ok so that's not really in the movie, but it's in the Breadbox Edition... does that count?
arianrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2003, 02:50 AM   #35
Mariska Greenleaf
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Mariska Greenleaf has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

the lines I like the most:<P>Legolas: "A red sun is rising, blood has been spilled this night."<P>Galadriel: "He has fallen into shadow."<P>I also like the part in the extended version of the Fellowship, when Legolas tells Merry and Pippin about lembas, that a tiny bit can fill a grown mens stomac. Then they turn to each other:<BR>"How many did you eat?"<BR>"Four"<P>really funny!<P>Legolas, by the battle for Helm's deep, to Gimli:<BR>"Shall I describe it for you, or do you want me to find you a box."<P>sorry for mistakes in english, I'm dutch...
Old 06-18-2003, 02:59 AM   #36
Mariska Greenleaf
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Mariska Greenleaf has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Oh, and one more line I like a lot:<P>Theoden, by the start of the battle of Helm's deep:<BR>"So it begins."
Old 06-24-2003, 04:00 PM   #37
Roccotari Eldandil
Haunting Spirit

Roccotari Eldandil has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

In FotR extended DVD: [the Fellowship is setting out from Rivendell, and Elrond has just finished his speech on how much responsibility they, especially Frodo, have. There's a fork in the road.]<BR>Frodo: Which way is Mordor, Gandalf? Left or right?
Old 06-24-2003, 04:32 PM   #38
OddEvenstar
Pile O'Bones

OddEvenstar has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to OddEvenstar
Sting

This was in LotR:TTT when Eowyn was "showin off"( )...<P>Aragorn: You have some skill with a blade. <BR>Éowyn: Women of this country learned long ago that those without swords can still die upon them. I fear neither death nor pain. <BR>Aragorn: What do you fear, milady? <BR>Éowyn: A cage. To stay behind bars until use and old age accept them and all chance of valor has gone beyond recall or desire. <BR>Aragorn: You're the daughter of kings. A shield maiden of Rohan. I do not think that will be your fate.<P>All I can say is...GIRL POWER!!!
Old 06-27-2003, 11:56 PM   #39
Meneltarmacil
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Location: The bottom of the ocean, discussing philosophy with a giant squid
Meneltarmacil is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Eye

My favorite lines...<P>Most meaningful...<BR>FRODO: I wish the ring had never come to me.<BR>GANDALF: So do all who live to see such times, but that is not for them to decide. All you have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to you.<BR>OMG you have no idea how true that seems to me...<P>Funniest...<BR>LEGOLAS (to Aragorn after he has been shot by orcs, fallen off a cliff, drowned in a river, and finally gotten to Helm's Deep in one piece): "You're late."
Old 06-28-2003, 09:50 AM   #40
Lily

Lily has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Lily
Shield

All my favorite lines r from like the special edition one. <P>Lego:Lembas bread one bite can fill the stomach of a full grown man.<BR>Merry:How many did you eat?<BR>Pippin: Four *burp*<P>And when they were at Moria and the doors didn't open after Gandalf spoke elvish<P>Pippin:So what are you going to do now?<BR>Gandalf:Smash your head into this door if you don't keep quiet!!<P>And in TTT I liked<P>Sam o you think we'll ever be put into stories or talls?<BR>Frodo:What?<BR>Sam:You know a little hobbit might say "Dad I want to hear about frodo and the Ring!" <P>And etc. (I and want to make this to long).<BR>Oh! I love this one!!<P>Gimli:The jump is too far you'll have to toss me!<BR>Aragorn"Alright<BR>Gimli:But but don't tell the elf<BR>Aragorn:Not a word.<P>Ha! Ha! Ha! That was a good one!
Lily is offline   Reply With Quote