Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-27-2003, 11:44 AM   #11
Cuthalion
Summoner's Soul Mate

Cuthalion has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via MSN to Cuthalion
Sting

A heavy pall fell over Melost as he and the others rode east toward Imladris. Today was a day that rankled in his heart. He had stood on one of the many landings of Elrond's home and had pledged to Anwanelme that he would return to her, to take her as his wife. In stead of the smile he had hoped would light her face, she had turned from him when he had told her also of his duty to his King. "Duty" he thought bitterly. "What has it gotten me? Too many cold nights in an empty bed and more scars on my soul."

He took to his fellows who cantered at his side and wondered why he had asked them to come. As he looked over at Arthain, a chill clawed its way down his spine as though a premonition of evil was trying to make itself known. Melost shook his head to clear it. "How could I think evil of him? He is my dearest friend. I must be tired." He thought ahead to his re-union with his beloved, knowing she would take it ill when he told her he would be continuing on with Gil-Galad rather than remaining with her. He touched the stone tucked next to his heart and his thoughts turned grim. "Better not to think on this any further, for it is more than even odds that I will not survive, yet if she were to give me the smallest hint that she yet loves me and will have me, then I will kill Sauron myself if that is what it takes!" His eyes kindled to flame and he urged his horse faster, eager to find what awaited him, the fulfillment of his desires or certain death.

[ June 30, 2003: Message edited by: Cuthalion ]