The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Fun and Games > Middle-earth Mirth
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 06-28-2007, 08:03 PM   #841
Rune Son of Bjarne
Odinic Wanderer

Location: Under the Raven banner, between tall Odin and white Christ!
Rune Son of Bjarne is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Rune Son of Bjarne is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Rune Son of Bjarne is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Send a message via AIM to Rune Son of Bjarne Send a message via MSN to Rune Son of Bjarne
I am quite confident that this is the important part of the dream:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nogrod
I was lying in the grass under a tree with Boro

Rune Son of Bjarne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2007, 08:09 AM   #842
Oddwen
Drummer in the Deep

Oddwen is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Oddwen is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Oddwen is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
I had a dream in which Ms. Encaitare made a cameo - she left me a rep in the style of "Alice' in Chains's 'Them Bones'" (?), which basically explained that her row of random items was neater than three other Downer's row of random items. And she had the screenname of "Hio_Pio" or something quite similar.

Oddwen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2007, 01:05 PM   #843
Lhunardawen
Hauntress of the Havens

Lhunardawen has been trapped in the Barrow!
*reads alatar's post*

*whispers "Bradford assay" and chuckles with memories of Biochem class*

*continues reading the post*

Well, well, someone's been having exciting dreams. And you've never even played Werewolf - at least not that I've seen. Are you sure you would not indulge in it? That might be the cure to your persistent werewolf dreams. But then again, you might actually like having them.

*shrugs*

*proceeds to read Nogrod's post*

Mysterious brother, eh? If he's a Downer, you can choose between Form and Eomer. If he's RL, well, apart from Nilp, you've four options.

But we really had nothing special planned, but didn't want you to rage at us for keeping you expectant, so we contrived to have the alarm go off just in time.
Lhunardawen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2007, 05:48 AM   #844
the guy who be short
Shadowed Prince

the guy who be short has just left Hobbiton.
I've had two Hookbill dreams recently. In the first, he was also a first year going to the same Uni as me. Alas, this is not the case, or much nerdiness and fun would have ensued. In the other, I was on his facebook looking at the map of countries he'd been to. There was a LOT of countries shaded in, but what was oddest was their location. For example Hookbill had been to most of Central America - Nicaragua, Honduras, etc. - but bypassed the USA and Canada. He's been to all the Caucasus countries and the Asian former-USSR countries, but managed not to visit much of Europe. Bizarre man...

During Day 2 of Legate's WW game, I dreamt that Rikae changed her vote to me. Which was kinda upsetting.

By far the most interesting dream I've had for a while follows. A group of Downers had decided to have a werewolf game. However, we'd all congregated in real life for it, and we had it in a caravan!

I came in late, after the game had already started, in the middle of Night. The wolves, Brinniel and Mac, had separate quarters, and welcomed me to the game. They showed me to the innocent quarters - but then they tried to jump in after me to kill some innocents. I shut the door on them.

I can't remember much else. Diamond18 emerged as an innocent at some point, and Rikae was shown to be the last wolf, but that's all I know...
the guy who be short is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2007, 02:28 PM   #845
Brinniel
Reflection of Darkness

Location: Polishing the stars. Well, somebody has to do it; they're looking a little bit dull.
Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Beware of Imaginary Members...

I recall having a dream a few days back about reputations:

I had posted something really weird and pointless (I think it was a list or something), and for some odd reason received several reputations for it. And even after all those reps, I still wasn't on top of the rep list because some fictional member named bil-bal was. He was a new member with only two posts, and I couldn't figure out why he was so popular. So, I went to read his posts only to discover that they were extremely long (like 3-4 pages on Word long). I attempted to read the posts, but it was all nonsense to me (I'm not even sure it was completely Tolkien related). Apparently, everyone who read his posts repped him because they were so awed by the length, and even though what he wrote was nonsense, it was very intelligent nonsense...

So, if someone named bil-bal ever registers onto the BD, we all better watch out.
Old 07-17-2007, 04:02 PM   #846
Feanor of the Peredhil
La Belle Dame sans Merci

Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Send a message via MSN to Feanor of the Peredhil
I'd been meaning to mention this...

I dreamt recently that I was at work during the school year, though the library I work in had apparently undergone rennovation. It was a story or two taller and had several spare staircases. The top floor was more like a lounge. In any case, I wasn't quite to work, really. I was in my dorm, running a bit late. I knew I was going to be a minute or two late because I needed to grab food and a cup of coffee on my way. And my phone rang.

"Hey, Fea."

"..."

"It's me, [the phantom]."

"How'd you get my number?" Ever logical, yours truly. Worried about the details.

And he explained something about how he'd done something incredibly clever and he'd had my cell number for a while, but as he hadn't needed to use it, he didn't bother mentioning it, and whatever.

"Okay. So you need it now?"

"I'm in town. I thought we might meet up and have coffee or something."

"I'm on my way to work."

"I know. I was going to stop by."

"Right. I've got to go. I'm going to be late and I still need food and coffee."

And so I promptly forgot he'd called and went to work. A short time later, as I was shelving or something (though it seemed more interesting in the dream than it ever does for real), I remembered he was coming.

So I made a point to head up to the top floor of the library where I found him studying with a pretty girl who happened to be his girlfriend.

"Hey, Fea."

"Hi. Sorry, I forgot you were here."

"No problem. Just watching the game." And I realize there's a television broadcasting some sort of sport.

"You know I can't stay long, right? I mean, I'm at work."

"Yeah, that's fine."

I think he may have mentioned Boromir88.

It was certainly interesting...
Old 07-19-2007, 10:54 AM   #847
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.
It was over a week ago that I had a weird dream. In the dream I was walking the streets of Kulosaari (a part of Helsinki in which there are lots of little villas and where I lived as a child) with some RL-friend. Suddenly I saw Lalaith. She was a tall, athletic blonde woman, around 30 years old. Her hair was tied back and she was wearing khaki shorts and a yellow top. She was rollerskating with sticks. (The sort of sticks you use when you're skiing or nordic walking etc.) She moved very quickly. She was rollerskating, because she couldn't walk, because her leg was broken. And she rollerskated very quickly and I tried to follow her, but I was too slow. I cursed myself, because I was slower than someone, whose leg was broken. And Lalaith kept laughing. In a friendly way, though.
Thinlómien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2007, 04:50 AM   #848
the guy who be short
Shadowed Prince

Another vaguely werewolf one, I think, though I'm not sure as it's so hazy. Diamond was in my house and we had just received our werewolf roles. Once again, I think this was a case of real-life werewolf. We both got a little panicky and started locking windows and such. Also, my house was oddly dillapidated...

In another one, I was in a large building, kinda of like a hall, with pillars to hold the roof up. It was made of blue stone and was quite dark and depressing. I met Mac, who was looking quite distraught, because, as he told me, Rikae was ill. So we went to visit Rikae, who was lying in bed in a room. But she wasn't too bad - she could talk and all - so I wandered off to find LMP, who berated me for taking so long to reply to his PM, and something about Farael too... Either he was annoyed that I replied to Farael before him, or he was annoyed with me so he said he would send PMs only to Farael thenceforth...

Amazing, there are still a couple of other dreams, but they're now void of all details except names, so I wont mention them.
Old 07-20-2007, 05:12 AM   #849
Hookbill the Goomba
Alive without breath

Hookbill the Goomba is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Hookbill the Goomba is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Hookbill the Goomba is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Hookbill the Goomba is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Last night I had an odd little dream.
I was on a train going somewhere, I cannot remember where, with a friend of mine. When we got to the station we saw Gil-Galad and the Phantom. They started laughing at my friends name for some reason. Then we walked up some stairs that seemed to go on for ages. When we got to the top we were in Lord's Cricket Ground and there was a game on. But the players refused to play while the Phantom was there because he had recently done something to the batsman.
The last thing I remember was us all running around looking for the exit but they were all filled with boxes of cricket balls.
Old 07-20-2007, 11:18 AM   #850
Gil-Galad
Psyche of Prince Immortal

Location: Above a Parapet Obvious exits are: North, South, and Dennis
Gil-Galad has been trapped in the Barrow!
Send a message via MSN to Gil-Galad
Me and The Phantom are sneaky like that...
Old 07-22-2007, 07:58 PM   #851
alatar
Doubting Dwimmerlaik

alatar is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.alatar is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
No wargs!

Finally a dream without wargs or wolves or the sense of simmering evil. The dream that I had last night took its typical twists and turns through my past, present and possible future, but for a moment it hovered at the Downs.

There was to be some sort of fund raiser, not for the Downs but by the Downs for someone or something in need. Estelyn Telcontar contributed her writing desk, on which her keyboard sat, that formerly was the same desk that some saint from long past used to beautifully illuminate vellum tomes. The thing was priceless, or at least at my salary, and was dear to her, but she was willing to donate it to the cause anyway.

Sometimes even I can dream nice.*

*Note that my youngest slept, for the first time in her life, through the night for two consecutive nights.
Old 07-24-2007, 04:25 AM   #852
the guy who be short
Shadowed Prince

I had a couple of innovative werewolf dreams last night, the second with strong Harry Potter influences which I'm sure you'll understand given the current climate.

In the first, on a werewolf game, Mith and two other female-Downers whose names I've forgotten were wolves. I had a new role, the Hearer (like the Seer, see?). As Hearer, I could read all of the PMs the wolves sent to one another.

In the second dream, we were playing werewolf in real life again, all sitting on chairs in a hall. I can only remember a few of the people there - the two wolves, Brinn and Lhuna. I think we lynched Brinn, but something very odd happened with Lhuna. Instead of being lynched, she was exorcised. In my dream, she morphed into a single sweetcorn pod. The middle part, the Werewolf, was squeezed out of her, making her innocent. Then she turned into a human again.

To prevent Lhuna reaching her exorcised-wolf-soul again, somebody used a levicorpus spell (technically it should have been wingardium leviosa) to raise it far above her head, and a shield charm to protect it against intrusion.

I think, later on, there was an Accio Lhuna spell from a different room, but that's it.

I wonder if Kath is using all of these dreams to study my sanity...
Old 07-24-2007, 08:47 AM   #853
Lhunardawen
Hauntress of the Havens

You possess one of the strangest subconsciouses I have ever encountered, tgwbs.

Sweetcorn pod? But sweetcorn - not pod - what fruit type -?

*shuts up*

I think Levicorpus is more appropriate, because souls are, well, not inanimate. Don't you think it would be wonderful to see wolf-souls dangling in the air with their ankles up?

Accio Lhuna? Now why would anyone want to say that?
Old 07-24-2007, 10:57 AM   #854
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tgwbs
I had a new role, the Hearer (like the Seer, see?). As Hearer, I could read all of the PMs the wolves sent to one another.
Hmm... really interesting idea. Sometimes it happens inspiration comes from dreams... I think, with some little modifications, it could be even usable as a role... interesting. Most interesting.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lhuna
You tell us
"Should the story say 'he ate bread,' the dramatic producer can only show 'a piece of bread' according to his taste or fancy, but the hearer of the story will think of bread in general and picture it in some form of his own." -On Fairy-Stories
Legate of Amon Lanc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2007, 11:07 AM   #855
Lhunardawen
Hauntress of the Havens

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legate of Amon Lanc View Post
Hmm... really interesting idea. Sometimes it happens inspiration comes from dreams... I think, with some little modifications, it could be even usable as a role... interesting. Most interesting.
You know you're obsessed with Werewolf when you take dreams about it seriously...

Quote:
You tell us
How could I, when I probably wouldn't even say those words myself?
Old 07-24-2007, 01:20 PM   #856
Lalwendë
A Mere Boggart

Lalwendë is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Lalwendë is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
I had as usual a mad mixed up dream last night and in one part of it I was running through this very old-fashioned branch of Marks and Spencer (it was like the Grace Brothers' shop from Are You Being Served?) and they had loads of shelves of really, really tacky Christmas snowstorms and musical ties and tgwbs and The Saucepan Man were smashing it all up...

Eh?!
Old 07-24-2007, 04:58 PM   #857
Kath
Everlasting Whiteness

Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Send a message via MSN to Kath
Quote:
I wonder if Kath is using all of these dreams to study my sanity...
What sanity?
Old 07-25-2007, 03:07 AM   #858
the guy who be short
Shadowed Prince

Quote:
You possess one of the strangest subconsciouses I have ever encountered, tgwbs.

Sweetcorn pod? But sweetcorn - not pod - what fruit type -?
Aww, thank you. You turned into one of these, just so you know (I think they have different names for sweetcorn in the US and consequently the Philippines?): http://www.21food.com/userImages/cdh...f$21591328.jpg

Quote:
You know you're obsessed with Werewolf when you take dreams about it seriously...
I considered it, but I realised that a Hearer would severely limit what the wolves could say to one another.

Quote:
Well actually we were all in a different room and realised we'd left you alone in the other room with your wolf-soul, so we had to call you...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lal
tgwbs and The Saucepan Man were smashing it all up... Eh?!
Bah, M&S deserve it for all those annoying food ads they show. *Grabs baseball bat, continues smashing...*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kath
What sanity?
I'm actually perfectly sane you know, just a little odd.
Old 07-25-2007, 08:17 AM   #859
Lhunardawen
Hauntress of the Havens

Quote:
Originally Posted by the guy who be short View Post
Aww, thank you. You turned into one of these, just so you know (I think they have different names for sweetcorn in the US and consequently the Philippines?): http://www.21food.com/userImages/cdh...f$21591328.jpg
We use the term sweetcorn, too, at least in English. It was the word pod which threw me off.
Quote:
I considered it, but I realised that a Hearer would severely limit what the wolves could say to one another.
Hmm. Good point.

Quote:
I'm actually perfectly sane you know, just a little odd.
Aren't we all.
Old 07-27-2007, 03:17 PM   #860
the guy who be short
Shadowed Prince

I had a long dream last night about somebody from Sixth Form. Only two lines relate to the downs:

Me: Do Americans really need all these self-help books?
Fea: Yeah.
Old 07-30-2007, 10:19 AM   #861
Lalaith
Blithe Spirit

Lalaith is a guest at the Prancing Pony.Lalaith is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Well...Lommy having dreamt of me, I can now return the compliment.
Last night, I dreamt that Lommy and Nogrod were coming on the (RL) annual large group holiday that we go on with our friends. I was pleased about this as I had recently met and spent an afternoon with Lommy. She looked nothing like her photo: dark-haired with pale skin, rather Italian/Winona Ryder looking. I was very impressed with her intelligence and focus - she was, despite her youth, attempting to set up her own publishing house, and was searching for suitable investors.
Anyway, despite looking forward to the holiday, I was anxious because a. I didn't know if anyone had been told Lommy and Noggie were coming and b. I couldn't remember who had been in charge of booking it and was worried it was supposed to be me, and I hadn't.
Then I dreamt that I realised it was all a dream and so I posted about it on here. And now I am posting. Am I dreaming? Who knows.
Old 08-05-2007, 02:44 PM   #862
the guy who be short
Shadowed Prince

I dreamt I was at a house party in an odd, square-lighthouse-shaped house. I was in the kitchen, and Mith was there. I asked if there was milk, and she got it out the fridge for me. I couldn't find any glasses, so I had some milk in a beer mug.

That is all.
Old 08-06-2007, 09:56 AM   #863
the guy who be short
Shadowed Prince

TGWBS' dreams:
Feanor 11
Hookbill 6
kath 6
Lhuna 6
formendacil 5
littlemanpoet 5
Saucepan Man 5
Encaitare 4
Eomer of the rohirrim 4
mormegil 4
mithalwen 4
the phantom 4
Anguirel 3
Brinniel 3
lalwende 3
orominuialwen 3
Rikae 3
Barrow Wight 2
davem 2
Diamond 2
Durelin 2
Lalaith 2
Mac 2
nilp 2
Oddwen 2
the only real estel 2
Thinlomien 2
Alatar 1
beren87 1
boromir 1
bucktardo 1
Celuien 1
dancing spawn of ungoliant 1
Farael 1
Firefoot 1
Fordim 1
Gilgalad 1
glingleglingleglinglefairy 1
Guinevere 1
Heren Istarion 1
holbytlass 1
Meneltarmacil 1
Nogrod 1
piosenniel 1
Rune 1
Shelob 1
sleepy ranger 1
the KA 1
wilwarin 1

TGWBS: 49 different people in dreams. 121 dream-people. 89 total dreams. Average 1.36 people per dream. 1 new person dreamt of every 1.82 dreams. Started dreaming 19/05/2005 (809 days ago), so 1 new dream every 9.1 days.

Oddwen's Dreams:
TGWBS - 10
Diamond18 - 7
EomerotR - 5
Hookbill - 4
Thinlomien - 4
Davem - 3
Fea - 3
Formy - 3
Lalwende - 3
Mithalwen - 3
Nilp - 3
the phantom - 3
Bethberry - 2
B88 - 2
Estelyn - 2
Glirdan - 2
Gurthang - 2
Menel - 2
SPM - 2
TorEstel - 2
Volo - 2
Bethberry 1
Da BW - 1
Durelin - 1
Elf-warrior - 1
Encai 1
Kath 1
malkatoj - 1
Nogrod - 1
Oliphaunts_rule - 1
Spawn 1
TomBrady12 - 1
Zali of Willowbottom 1

Oddwen: 33 different people in dreams. 81 dream-people. 41 total dreams. Average 1.98 people per dream. 1 new person dreamt of every 1.24 dreams. Started dreaming 17/05/2005 (811 says ago), so 1 dream every 19.8 days.

Lommy's dreams:
Kath - 9
Anguirel - 6
mithalwen - 6
Rikae - 6
Rune - 6
Macalaure - 5
mormegil - 5
Spm - 5
Boro88 - 4
Dancing Spawn of Ungoliant - 4
Diamond - 3
eomer - 3
Lhunardawen - 3
LMP - 3
Roa - 3
Aganzir 2
Celuien - 2
durelin - 2
Fea - 2
Glirdan - 2
Legate - 2
Sleepy Ranger - 2
tgwbs - 2
alatar - 1
Cailin - 1
Caranlondien - 1
Dunwen - 1
Estelyn Telcontar - 1
Firefoot - 1
Fordim - 1
Hookbill 1
Jenny - 1
kuruharan - 1
Lalaith 1
Lalwende - 1
menel - 1
Nilp - 1
Paavo - 1
piosenniel - 1
the phantom - 1
Wilwarin - 1

Lommy: 41 different people in dreams. 104 dream-people. 52 total dreams. Average 2.00 people per dream. 1 new person dreamt of every 1.27 dreams. Started dreaming 01/06/2005 (825 days ago), so 1 new dream every 15.9 days.

So, in conclusion, as of today:
Lommy: 41 different people in dreams. 104 dream-people. 52 total dreams. Average 2.00 people per dream. 1 new person dreamt of every 1.27 dreams. Started dreaming 01/06/2005 (825 days ago), so 1 new dream every 15.9 days.
Oddwen: 33 different people in dreams. 81 dream-people. 41 total dreams. Average 1.98 people per dream. 1 new person dreamt of every 1.24 dreams. Started dreaming 17/05/2005 (811 says ago), so 1 dream every 19.8 days.
TGWBS: 49 different people in dreams. 121 dream-people. 89 total dreams. Average 1.36 people per dream. 1 new person dreamt of every 1.82 dreams. Started dreaming 19/05/2005 (809 days ago), so 1 new dream every 9.1 days.

Compared to this on 14/05/2007
TGWBS: 43 different people in dreams. 86 dream-people. 68 total dreams. Average 1.26 people per dream. 1 new person dreamt of every 1.58 dreams. Started dreaming 19/05/2005 (725 days ago), so 1 new dream every 10.7 days.
Oddwen: 29 different people in dreams. 66 dream-people. 34 total dreams. Average 1.94 people per dream. 1 new person dreamt of every 1.17 dreams. Started dreaming 17/05/2005 (727 says ago), so 1 dream every 21.4 days.
Lommy: 40 different people in dreams. 82 dream-people. 43 total dreams. Average 1.91 people per dream. 1 new person dreamt of every 1.10 dreams. Started dreaming 01/06/2005 (713 days ago), so 1 new dream every 16.6 days.

Compared to this on 21/03/2007:
TGWBS: 38 different people in dreams. 75 dream-people. 60 total dreams. Average 1.25 people per dream. 1 new person dreamt of every 1.58 dreams.
Oddwen: 28 different people in dreams. 62 dream-people. 31 total dreams. Average 2 people per dream. 1 new person dreamt of every 1.11 dreams.
Lommy: 28 different people in dreams. 51 dream-people. 27 total dreams. Average 1.89 people per dream. 1 new person dreamt of every 0.96 dreams.

Some graphs to come...
Old 08-06-2007, 10:29 AM   #864
Lhunardawen
Hauntress of the Havens

Does anyone know how to recover lost BD-dreaming (and dream-recalling) abilities? I swear I had at least a couple of BD dreams during the past few months, but I could never remember who was involved in what.

Jay's and Lommy's lists beat Oddwen's because I'm not in hers.
Old 08-06-2007, 07:35 PM   #865
Diamond18
Eidolon of a Took

Diamond18 is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
In response to Jay's post

Dear God.
Old 08-07-2007, 05:49 AM   #866
the guy who be short
Shadowed Prince

Quote:
Originally Posted by Di(e!!)
Dear God.
Which one? :P

Graph 1:

Graph 2:

Graph 3:

Now, as we can see from graph one, all three of us are having BDs dreams more frequently these days. Proof that the Downs is taking over our lives.

Graph two shows us how many dreams it takes for our subconscious to dream of a completely new Downer whom we haven't dreamt of before. All three graphs curve upwards. This is because we've dreamt of so many people that it's becoming increasingly difficult to dream of new people.

Graph three shows the average population of each dream. My dreams are very sparsely populated compared to the girls'. Oddwen remains stable while Lommy's and my dreams are slowly becoming more and more populated.

And, just for fun, the total dream count (of just us three, of course):

Feanor 16
Kath 16
Mithalwen 13
Diamond 12
Eomer of the rohirrim 12
Saucepan Man 12
TGWBS - 12
Hookbill 11
Anguirel 9
Lhuna 9
Mormegil 9
Rikae 9
Formendacil 8
Littlemanpoet 8
The phantom 8
Boromir 7
Lalwende 7
Mac 7
Rune 7
Dancing spawn of ungoliant 6
Nilp 6
Thinlomien 6
Davem 5
Durelin 5
Encaitare 5
Glirdan 4
Lalaith 4
Meneltarmacil 4
The only real estel 4
Barrow Wight 3
Bethberry 3
Brinniel 3
Celuien 3
Estelyn 3
Orominuialwen 3
Roa 3
Sleepy ranger 3
Aganzir 2
Alatar 2
Firefoot 2
Fordim 2
Guthang 2
Legate of amon lanc 2
Piosenniel 2
Nogrod 2
Oddwen 2
Wilwarin 2
Volo 2
Azalia of Willowbottom 1
Beren87 1
Bucktardo 1
Cailin 1
Caranlondien 1
Dunwen 1
Elf warrior 1
Farael 1
Gilgalad 1
Glingleglingleglinglefairy 1
Guinevere 1
Heren Istarion 1
Holbytlass 1
Jenny hallu 1
Malkatoj 1
Oliphaunts_rule 1
Paavo 1
Shelob 1
The KA 1
Tombrady12 1

I'm joint third - quite honourable, I think.

Notice that 9 of the top 12 have livejournal. As Oddy, Lommy and I all have LJ, that is clearly the way to get into our dreams, for any of you weird enough to have that as an aspiration.

I promise to do something else now... honest...
Old 08-07-2007, 07:42 AM   #867
Kath
Everlasting Whiteness

Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Send a message via MSN to Kath
You really don't have anything better to do with your time do you Jay?
Old 08-08-2007, 04:10 AM   #868
the guy who be short
Shadowed Prince

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kathwin
You really don't have anything better to do with your time do you Jay?
It's 11am and I am on the Downs...

No.
Old 08-08-2007, 04:21 AM   #869
Lalaith
Blithe Spirit

Lalaith is a guest at the Prancing Pony.Lalaith is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
It's a lovely day, the sun is shining! Go outside and play!

(awaits appearance in BD dreamworld as busybody mother figure)
Old 08-08-2007, 08:39 AM   #870
Oddwen
Drummer in the Deep

Oddwen is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Oddwen is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Oddwen is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
I had me the first BD dream I've had in a while...I dreamt that Rikae was driving me to her home to meet sir Macalure, but the way was strange. There were multitudes of goats along the causeway, and Rikae explained to me that there were good goats and evil goats, but since goats ruled the land you must give way to all goats.

"This must be Canada," I thought in my dream.

Anyway, we arrived at her home, and met Mac. I was waking up about then, so all I remember is he had a really big head.

I think Orominuialwen may have been mentioned somewhere in there as well.

Old 08-08-2007, 09:34 AM   #871
Mithalwen
Pilgrim Soul

Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
I had a Barrow Down dream! Or rather a BD section of another dream. I was on a road trip with an unidentified other and stopped at a house and asked to see Envinyatar. We were shown to his study which was a converted double decker bus and rather fab. Envinyatar, was much shorter than I expected (average height - his RPG characters tend to be very tall). Unfortunately, once again it finished before much could be said, and my dream moved me back home where for some reason I had to cook for about 50,000 people. Suprisingly this did not faze me despite the fact I was in my own tiny and malfunctioning kitchen. Then someone told me that we had 1,473 people left to feed and I looked at the food on the table (just the amount for a normal family Sunday lunch), and said "this isn't going to be enough" - rather self evident since it was clear that the "family hold back principle wouldn't suffice - and when clamly to prepare more. then the alarm went.

Christopher Tolkien, Requiescat in pace
Mithalwen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2007, 11:55 AM   #872
alatar
Doubting Dwimmerlaik

alatar is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.alatar is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Quote:
Originally Posted by the guy who be short View Post
Graph 3:

Graph three shows the average population of each dream. My dreams are very sparsely populated compared to the girls'. Oddwen remains stable while Lommy's and my dreams are slowly becoming more and more populated.
Tenths (fractions) of persons per dream? You dream of just their arms or heads?
Old 08-09-2007, 04:28 AM   #873
the guy who be short
Shadowed Prince

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oddy
since goats ruled the land you must give way to all goats.
Sounds like India, but easier, as goats are smaller and easier to swerve around than cows.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alatar
Tenths (fractions) of persons per dream? You dream of just their arms or heads?
Sometimes just their souls.
Old 08-10-2007, 03:28 AM   #874
the guy who be short
Shadowed Prince

I had a Diamond dream recently. She was amazed that houses cost as much as £14000 in the UK (in reality they cost 20 times more) when a flat in New York would only cost £1000 (I also doubt the validity of this claim).

We went to NY to look for a flat for her. There was this building full of empty flats, but Diamond wanted one overlooking a certain road at a certain height and with certain specifications. So, unfortunately, we couldn't find anything for her. On the plus side, I could fly and met some primary school teachers in the flats.
Old 08-10-2007, 05:13 AM   #875
Lalwendë
A Mere Boggart

Lalwendë is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Lalwendë is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
I had this dream last night where for some odd reason I was on holiday in this seaside cottage, opened the door and I was in the town centre of a very wet and rainy Southport. To avoid disappointment I told davem we'd at least go and have a look at Broadhurst's bookshop and told him he was bound to find some old tome that he just had to buy. However we got there and instead of being this Victorian building with little rooms, stuffed four storeys high with dusty old second hand books, some chain had bought it up and had turned it into a horrible 'open plan' modern style bookshop on just two storeys. It had no old books any more, and no fireplace to sit in front of, nor did they wrap your books in brown paper and string but stuck them in a carrier bag. In my dream I came on the Downs and begged Mr Hookbill to take the train forthwith to Southport and make sure my nightmare had not come true!!!

And then guess what...I suppose this is just the same thing?!

Old 08-10-2007, 05:48 AM   #876
Hookbill the Goomba
Alive without breath

Hookbill the Goomba is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Hookbill the Goomba is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Hookbill the Goomba is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Hookbill the Goomba is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Lal, I have actually recently been in said bookshop. It is still nice and old style. There is an old man who works there... Or at least, I think he works there. He is asleep all the time, but sits in the corner of the second floor room. They have quite an extensive Tolkien collection. I got my copies of HoME 8, 9 and 10 from there. I may go again to see if they have the other Tolkien biography, the one I don't have.

Incidentally, I had a dream last night that involved some Downers. I only remember snatches of it, but it, for some reason, involved Eomer and lal trying to break into a bank but when the alarm went off they threw a bag of money to me and said 'run!' So we all ran away from the police, going up a set of glass stairs for some reason and occasionally taking a glass lift. It was, apparently, bulletproof glass, which was good because the police kept shooting at us.
I found this really odd, because both Lal and Eomer are police officers in the Downer world.
Old 08-14-2007, 02:49 PM   #877
the phantom
Beloved Shadow

the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Send a message via MSN to the phantom
Eye

I had a bit of a fever Saturday night. And everyone knows the best thing about having a fever is the weird dreams.

My odd dream featured no Downers (I think), but was certainly Downs related.

I was in a huge barn with a Werewolf. I had a lighter and there was hay everywhere. I was grabbing handfuls of hay, setting it ablaze, and attempting to touch it to the fur of the Werewolf. I pursued the Werewolf from one end of the barn to the other, climbing ceiling beams, leaping over equipment, and charging up stairs and ladders (there were many levels in this barn). I managed to get a spark on the beast several times, but it was always able to put it out by rolling on the ground or beating the flame with its hands.

After quite a bit of this, the Werewolf seemed to realize that it was, in fact, a Werewolf, and should be doing the chasing rather than being chased. So I spent the next little bit leaping off things and climbing up things, only this time I was the hunted. I still had my lighter, and with the creature constantly trying to get close to me I had many opportunities to burn the Werewolf- which I did. It was fairly repetitive. I tried to create some distance, it closed in on me, I set it on fire, and then I moved away while it put out the flames. And then the same thing again.

Eventually there were burning piles of hay everywhere, and even the walls were BBQing. I climbed up onto a high loft that had an open window- the only way out of the building. The Werewolf jumped up after me. I set the loft ablaze, threw the lighter at the Werewolf (which set it on fire for the hundredth time), and then I jumped out the window, somehow pulling it shut behind me.

My dream ended with me gazing at the blazing barn and wondering if the beast was dead.
Old 08-14-2007, 07:15 PM   #878
Oddwen
Drummer in the Deep

Quote:
Originally Posted by tp
I had a bit of a fever Saturday night.
You had a Saturday Night Fever, and didn't dream of Boromir the Disco King? Bah!

Old 08-28-2007, 12:22 PM   #879
Feanor of the Peredhil
La Belle Dame sans Merci

Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Send a message via MSN to Feanor of the Peredhil
Quite the convention last night, kids.

An invitation to a graduation party. (But wait... I know him... he graduates the same time I do, and I'm not quite there yet! Not like it matters...)

And I'm well aware that this particular friend of mine (in my dream, though certainly not in reality) is a member of The Barrowdowns! Crazy.

And the day of the party arrives.

And I'm there, for some reason hanging out outside my car instead of going in. Maybe it's because I'm early.

And JennyHallu joins me, exclaiming and being generally lovable (and pointing out that there was something stuck between my teeth).

And she points to the group I haven't joined, but have been watching.

Rikae and Mac, and I see Mithalwen with a bottle of wine, and a few people are toting children, and Lal might even be there, though I don't think Dave is. And TGWBS, and Keeper of Dol Goldur who completely doesn't count as a Barrowdowner when I dream about him, otherwise I'd be posting a rather lot more. Nogrod may have been floating around, and if he was, Lommy was certainly there.

And my parents, and like half of my extended family, and a load of people from school, but they don't really count.

And so we all eventually ended up in the house. And I have reason to believe there were people ice skating indoors. And, from a location kneeling on the immaculately white sofa, we looked out the West Window (I know because somebody said "And now, if you'll all convene at the West Window...") and watched the sun rise over a mountain. It happened with great haste, and was very white.
Old 08-30-2007, 02:56 PM   #880
the guy who be short
Shadowed Prince

I had an Anguirel dream a while ago that deserves reporting now. In a month, I won't be able to fairly report Ang-dreams, so here goes.

Er... he was at my cousin's wedding. My sister was excited because she thought that Ang was as intelligent, and thus as absent-minded as me. I tried to explain that, actually, he was more intelligent, to the point that he wasn't absent-minded. Then Ang started doing a weird dance, kind of ruining my point.