User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-14-2007, 04:12 PM   #561
Sephiroth
Pile O'Bones

Sephiroth has just left Hobbiton.
Hello, people, I'm new here.

Well, if I can create a good character's story here, and read the rules and everything, it's that? Or is there a right time to enter the inn?
Old 11-14-2007, 04:25 PM   #562
Groin Redbeard
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Groin Redbeard is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Groin Redbeard is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Hey, a new character!
Folwren should be coming around soon, he's the moderater for this thread. Once he gives you an OK then you can create a character discription.

Welcome to the Golden Perch Sophiroth
Old 11-14-2007, 04:35 PM   #563
Sephiroth
Pile O'Bones

Thanks, Groin!

I'll try writing something while I wait. Hope it gets near your excelent level!
Old 11-14-2007, 05:43 PM   #564
Gwathagor
Shade with a Blade

Gwathagor is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Gwathagor is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Gwathagor is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Send a message via AIM to Gwathagor Send a message via MSN to Gwathagor Send a message via Skype™ to Gwathagor
He?

Last edited by Gwathagor; 11-14-2007 at 10:22 PM.
Old 11-14-2007, 05:54 PM   #565
Sephiroth
Pile O'Bones

Yeah, of course a he. Nobody plays Final Fantasy anymore?
I'll upload a picture soon.

I'm thinking about a man from Rohan. A simple man who thinks he's more than a simple man.
Old 11-14-2007, 10:16 PM   #566
Gwathagor
Shade with a Blade

Gwathagor is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Gwathagor is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Gwathagor is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Send a message via AIM to Gwathagor Send a message via MSN to Gwathagor Send a message via Skype™ to Gwathagor
Ha ha. Never mind...that's not what I was referring to at all.
Old 11-15-2007, 01:43 AM   #567
piosenniel
Desultory Dwimmerlaik

piosenniel is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Folwren is a "she". Her inn-keeper character in The Golden Perch is male.

~*~ Pio, RPG forum moderator
Old 11-15-2007, 08:26 AM   #568
mormegil
Maundering Mage

mormegil is a guest at the Prancing Pony.mormegil is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
A little late in the coming.

My friend finished the picutre of Kuric for me. It's rather fun so I thought I would post it up.

He said the Mirthril mail coat was the most difficult part and when he went to color it on the computer it just wasn't going to work as well as he would like it to. I think it's great!

Old 11-15-2007, 09:06 AM   #569
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

Location: In a tiny, insignificant little town in one of the many States.
Folwren is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Folwren is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Heyho! Here I am. Sorry for my absense. I have been around the Downs, but not much time to do much of anything, really....

Sephiroth and Fortinbras, welcome to the Golden Perch. You can post a character description found in one of the first few posts of this thread as soon as you wish. And equally as soon as I or Pio have perused the character description and passed it, you may post to the Golden Perch Inn thread.

I'm looking forward to it! And I'm so glad to see so many new posters! (No the least because it means I don't have to post so much...heh...ow)

Mormegil - nice picture. He looks fearsome.

-- Folwren
Old 11-15-2007, 05:00 PM   #570
Sephiroth
Pile O'Bones

Sting New character

Here I go... I hope it's acceptable

NAME: Ethelgar Derathol

RACE: Man

WEAPONS: regular, worn, one-handed sword he received from his grandfather. Ethelgar values it very much and calls it by its name, Falconbeak (probably given after an unusual deformation the sword has on its tip). Despite that, people tend to think it was bought in the nearest blacksmith.

APPEARANCE: Dark hair and white skin, average height for a man, strong arms. He has a small but visible scar in the left side of his face and an ugly, short beard he insists maintaining. Always wears a brown coat.

PERSONALITY/STRENGTHS/WEAKNESSES: Thinks he's a great, noble man, heir of a long forgotten family tradition, and sometimes forgets his parents were just peasants. Ethelgar is better than average with his sword, but tends to think he’s better than he actually is. Loyal to his friends, even the ones he just met, and takes that very seriously. Sometimes gets afraid in dangerous situations, but he will threat to kill anyone who mentions that.

HISTORY: Ethelgar was born near Underharrow, south of Edoras. His parents were simple people, living humbly from the manual labor in the fields. Ethelgar never gave them much attention, using all his free time talking to his grandparent Heredron, father of his father. The old man loved to tell Ethelgar how his ancestors were once important, famous and glorious, knights of Rohan’s King Personal Guard – but never mentioned why or how all this tradition was lost, and the boy never asked. Ethelgar’s parents told him that all those stories were just an old man’s delusional thoughts, but he didn’t listen to them, and kept dreaming about himself with all that importance, fame and glory.

One day Heredron passed away from his old age, and left Falconbeak to his grandson. The boy was 17 at that time, and with the sword in his hand, left his house in the search for adventures. And an adventure he found sooner than expected, being beaten badly by a group of thieves in a forest only some miles away from his parents’ house. Ethelgar fought them bravely, but there were three of them and soon he was overwhelmed. When all hope was about to be lost, a group of woodsmen heard the sounds of the battle and ran for the rescue, axes blazing and heads rolling. Ethelgar survived with a scar on his face and a broken spirit: he felt he was not ready for the fame, glory and importance. So he started living with the woodsmen that had saved him, working and training, dreaming one day he could walk Arda with Falconbeak once again. And now, ten years after, he thinks his time has come.
Old 11-16-2007, 03:30 PM   #571
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

Folwren is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Folwren is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Sephiroth,

Your character description looks good! You may post on the Inn thread whenever it pleases you.

Welcome!

--Folwren
Old 11-16-2007, 04:19 PM   #572
Sephiroth
Pile O'Bones

Thumbs up

Thanks, Folwren!

If you have anything to say so I can make it better, please do!
I'll try my best to keep up your excelent level.
Old 11-23-2007, 01:07 PM   #573
Groin Redbeard
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Groin Redbeard is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Groin Redbeard is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Hey Sephiroth,
I liked your post in the Golden Perch Inn, keep it up.
I'm going to see if we can get some of more people to post in here again. I think I'll try Gwathor first and see if he can start writing about his Elf character again.
Old 11-23-2007, 04:40 PM   #574
Gwathagor
Shade with a Blade

Gwathagor is back in the land of living now. He will likely take another trip to the past in a few posts, but for the time being he's up for interaction.
Old 11-24-2007, 09:39 AM   #575
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

Hiya, everyone. I may be back in the land of the writing, but I'm not entirely sure...

I've skimmed through most of the new posts (lol, I've been keeping really bad tabs on the game thread recently) and may post shortly.

Everything, so far as I saw, looks good. However, there is one thing I'd like to mention - so long as my character is concerned, I'd really appreciate it if you left his playing to me. I'm not going to ask anyone to change any posts or anything, but hence forward, if you have business with the innkeeper, have your character call him or catch his attention and I'll post for him.

But don't worry - pretty soon I'll put him into action myself and you won't have to be concerned about it.

-- Folwren
Old 11-24-2007, 10:45 AM   #576
Sephiroth
Pile O'Bones

Quote:
Originally Posted by Folwren View Post
Everything, so far as I saw, looks good. However, there is one thing I'd like to mention - so long as my character is concerned, I'd really appreciate it if you left his playing to me. I'm not going to ask anyone to change any posts or anything, but hence forward, if you have business with the innkeeper, have your character call him or catch his attention and I'll post for him.
Sorry! Won't happen again
Old 11-24-2007, 07:10 PM   #577
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

No bit problem, Sephiroth. lol! I still remember the first game I played... "One thing only," my fellow player said to me, "Don't mess with my character, please." He was really rather strict about it and I'll never forget for as long as I role play.

-- Folwren
Old 11-26-2007, 02:50 PM   #578
Groin Redbeard
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Hey guys, I hope to be posting in the thread either today or tommorrow. However, I have one question: is it still morning or afternoon at the Golden Perch?
Old 11-26-2007, 04:22 PM   #579
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

Oh, golly. I dunno. I haven't paid that much attention. At latest, it's noon, I'll bet.
Old 11-29-2007, 02:23 AM   #580
Dunwen
Wight

Dunwen has just left Hobbiton.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gwathagor View Post
Gwathagor is back in the land of living now. He will likely take another trip to the past in a few posts, but for the time being he's up for interaction.
I believe Gwathagor may have just had his first contact with a hobbit. My character just landed at his feet.
Old 12-05-2007, 07:57 AM   #581
Arien
Shade of Carn Dûm

Arien has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via MSN to Arien
Silmaril Hey.

Hello!

I'm back from a very very very long time away. Everything seems to have changed so much! A new Inn and everything. Hmmm I was wondering if I could perhaps could create a character and start posting again?

Arien
Old 12-05-2007, 08:49 AM   #582
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

By all means, Arien! Create a character, submit a character description, and post at the inn! We're glad to have you.

-- Folwren
Old 12-05-2007, 10:42 AM   #583
Arien
Shade of Carn Dûm

Leaf Character

Here is my charater description. It's only short, didnt want to go to crazy, just want to ease myself back in!

NAME: Alenia

WEAPONS: She is not proficient with any weapons. The only sort weapon she carries is a small knife usually used for the cutting and chopping of herbs.

APPEARANCE: Her dark brown hair falls just below the shoulder blades and has a natural wave to it. She has brown eyes speckled with green and has clean, soft ivory skin. Many consider her to be beautiful but she is always quick to deny this not wanting ti draw atention to herself. She has and average build of a woman her age and is around 5’5’’ in height. Usually wears some kind of corseted top (long sleeves) with trousers, traveling boots and a cloak. She always carries a small leather bag that is worn across one shoulder and hung down by her opposite hip, as well as a traveling pack.

PERSONALITY/STRENGTHS/WEAKNESSES: She appears to be quite cold and distant when first meeting new people but soon warms when she thinks they are genuine. She is not shy, just vigilant and she will speak up when she feels she is being taken advantage of. She is knowledgeable in herbal medicine and sees the land as a treasure trove of varied medicines. However, is young and inevitably naïve when it comes to dealing with people she is not used to and sometime comes across as rude and abrupt but she has no intention to insult anyone.

HISTORY: She does not know her parents. They died of an illness that wiped out all of her village when she way only three. A traveling apothecary who came to the village too late to save anyone found her and took her with him amazed that he had survived. After several years she became his apprentice and dove into her studies. Now a fully fledged apothecary she has decided to travel hoping to find something she has been missing in her life.

Thanks

Arien

Last edited by Arien; 12-05-2007 at 02:13 PM.
Old 12-05-2007, 11:11 AM   #584
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

It looks excellent, Arien. Not too short at all. Have fun posting at the inn.

-- Foley
Old 12-05-2007, 07:48 PM   #585
Groin Redbeard
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Nice character discription Arien. Maybe I'll run into you at the Inn.
Old 12-06-2007, 10:59 PM   #586
Iras Sabir
Pile O'Bones

Iras Sabir has just left Hobbiton.
Well, I first wanted to apologize for posting before I read all the rules. I'm used to the usual RP sites where people just go and don't read anything. I'm not going to be able to post my character fully tonight, but a small description of her is on the Inn. And I'm sorry for some of my spelling and grammer. I'm pretty good at spelling and grammer, but not perfect yet. I'm jsut happy I finally joined this site.
Old 12-07-2007, 08:56 AM   #587
Iras Sabir
Pile O'Bones

I'd also like to request that if at all possible, I could have my post at the Inn deleted or if not deleted then just ignored. I'm going to create a new character because that one is very old and i've used it way too much. I want a fresh start.
Old 12-07-2007, 09:39 AM   #588
piosenniel
Desultory Dwimmerlaik

piosenniel is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Iras Sabir

Your post to the Inn RPG thread is now deleted.

Looking forward to seeing your character description posted here on the Inn's Discussion Thread. Here's a link to the Character Description Form - *Click*

~*~ piosenniel, Shire Moderator
Old 12-07-2007, 09:53 AM   #589
Groin Redbeard
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

A new character. Welcome Iras, I'm looking forward to posting with you.
Old 12-07-2007, 10:21 PM   #590
Iras Sabir
Pile O'Bones

Silmaril

NAME: Ira Bledri

WEAPONS: A long sword. It's in a worn leather sheath, she keeps the blade sharpened and polished. It belonged to her brother, one that had been used in many battles. She believes that it is good luck.

APPEARANCE: She's about 5'7", 140 lbs. She had long dark brown that she usually wears in a braid. She favors long tunics with brown belts and a pair of thick leather boots. She wears dresses only on special occasions.

PERSONALITY/STRENGTHS/WEAKNESSES: She is very serious. She is also almost painfully shy, but once she opens up she's usually silly and fun to be around. While she makes friends rather slowly, once she is friends with someone she is loyal almost to a fault. Her main weakness is her fear of harm. She has trouble forcing herself into a situation where she might get hurt. Her loyalty might be considered another fault. Once friends with someone she can be hurt very easily. She is very good with her longsword, it being one of the only weapons she's trained with. She calls her sword Bloodbiter. It was her eldest brother's name for it, and it was given to her after his death.

HISTORY: She is the youngest of four, all of them older brothers. Only one is still alive. Her brother Mesanune was killed at the same time as his twin Dae. They were killed together on a battlefield. Kale is her only brother left alive. He is a healer and lives with the Mirkwood elves, learning from them. Neither of her parents are still alive. She doesn't speak much about her family, it really is a sore spot with her, mainly because of her brothers. She was close with the two that died, in fact they were the ones who trained her. She wanders now, living almost as a Ranger, but never quite commiting. Her horse has been with her since she was 14, a Rohan breed.
Old 12-07-2007, 11:01 PM   #591
Iras Sabir
Pile O'Bones

One other thing that i'd like to put down, is that if anyone needed anyone for any type of RP, I can play a male or female character. I've played humans and elves, but i'm best at humans. If someone taught me I could do almost any other race.
Old 12-08-2007, 08:24 AM   #592
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

Hullo, Iras! Welcome to the inn! I look forward to your post on the game thread.

There have been so many new comers and I have been shamefully absent...I'll work like mad this next coming week to get at least one post up, promise.

-- Folwren
Old 01-09-2008, 05:01 PM   #593
Groin Redbeard
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Here's what I propse. In my next post I'm going to have Groin see a storm coming from the south, which makes all, or most, of our characters head back to the Inn. When we are there I suggest we actually get to meet each other. Mayber we can get into a little bit of telling stories.

What do you guys think?
Old 01-09-2008, 05:04 PM   #594
Arien
Shade of Carn Dûm

Silmaril

That sounds good. Alenia is already in the Inn so I'll wait until you go ahead and post.

Arien
Old 01-10-2008, 01:06 AM   #595
Gwathagor
Shade with a Blade

Jolly good! That sounds like great fun. Good thinking.
Old 01-10-2008, 03:05 PM   #596
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

Posted! Finally!

Gwathagor, your elf now has the locket.

Groin, your dwarf has now arrived at the inn...sorry if that's too much of a liberty for me to take.

And the rain has begun to fall.

Also...please remember to take the signature off of all the posts you post on the game thread.
Old 01-10-2008, 03:22 PM   #597
Gwathagor
Shade with a Blade

Great.
Old 01-10-2008, 03:58 PM   #598
Groin Redbeard
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Folwren View Post
Posted! Finally!
Also...please remember to take the signature off of all the posts you post on the game thread.
Sorry about that.
Old 01-10-2008, 04:06 PM   #599
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

Not a problem, so long as you fixed it.
Old 01-25-2008, 02:57 PM   #600
Eönwë
Flame Imperishable

Eönwë is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Eönwë is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Eönwë is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
How do I join into the Golden Perch Inn?