The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Fun and Games > Middle-earth Mirth
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-17-2009, 05:55 PM   #121
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Quote:
Originally Posted by the phantom View Post
Ha ha! Boro, you made my day with that one. The response I gave to you- "And you know precisely where to find shoes, don't you? " was perhaps my favorite thing that I got to say the entire game.

*headTARDISes*

Oh my giddy aunt, I so should have picked up on that!
satansaloser2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2009, 07:17 PM   #122
Gwathagor
Shade with a Blade

Gwathagor is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Gwathagor is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Gwathagor is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Send a message via AIM to Gwathagor Send a message via MSN to Gwathagor Send a message via Skype™ to Gwathagor
Great job as the cobbler, Boro! I thought it might be you, but I really wasn't sure - and I was quite scared of you on the last day.
Old 01-17-2009, 10:10 PM   #123
Lariren Shadow
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Lariren Shadow is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Send a message via AIM to Lariren Shadow Send a message via MSN to Lariren Shadow
Boro: I tried to tell you I was a critic when I pretty much listed who you spied on. I had forgotten about Mac...until I read through all the spied on messages I got.

And Fea will attest to my whole sort of flipping out on Day 1(I kind of screamed and was worried...a lot) when Agan posted about who she randomly thought was guilty...and listed all of us. She was right the first Day.
Old 01-17-2009, 10:15 PM   #124
Feanor of the Peredhil
La Belle Dame sans Merci

Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Send a message via MSN to Feanor of the Peredhil
Yeah, that was funny. I assured her later that it happens all the time.
Old 01-18-2009, 11:55 AM   #125
Mithalwen
Pilgrim Soul

Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kath View Post
Haha, I think it has become a rule now that in Mith's games the wolves win. Well I'm pleased to know that I was right about Boro. As for Lari - brilliantly played! I'm not even going to say especially for a newbie because pfft to that, she played better than many of us more experienced players I think!
Actually it is alternating ... the secret may be to have Boromir on your side but he didn't paly the first game. I never thought he would live so long when he annonced he was Walter with his first words - I couldn't believe my eyes. Did none of you google Walter Plinge?

Christopher Tolkien, Requiescat in pace
Mithalwen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2009, 12:38 PM   #126
the phantom
Beloved Shadow

the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Send a message via MSN to the phantom
Eye

*raises hand*

I Googled it. Before I ever posted.
Old 01-18-2009, 01:17 PM   #127
Cailín
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Cailín has just left Hobbiton.
Congratulations, baddies. Quite a good game, and Mith's modding was awesome: rarely seen a mod who is so involved with the proceedings.

I was reading over my posts the night after Aganzir passionately murdered me, and found myself quite obnoxious and arrogant, really. So, apologies, though you can imagine how frustrated I was (we've all been there) especially after Sally's outrageous analysis.

You may not be surprised to hear I was the one who requested to be an ordinary villager. And I had too little time even for that at the start of the game. Still, feel pretty pleased that I did identify Boromir as the Cobbler, and was close on the trail of the two remaining Critics.

Oh, and thanks Mac, for the vote of confidence there.
Cailín is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2009, 01:28 PM   #128
Mithalwen
Pilgrim Soul

Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Quote:
Originally Posted by the phantom View Post
*raises hand*

I Googled it. Before I ever posted.
And you didn't pick up on the Smithees thing?

Old 01-18-2009, 01:57 PM   #129
the phantom
Beloved Shadow

the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Eye

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mith
And you didn't pick up on the Smithees thing?
I was the one who finally pointed it out, m'dear. Definitely noticed.
Old 01-18-2009, 02:09 PM   #130
Mithalwen
Pilgrim Soul

Just must kick myself harder for not giving you free rein... hey ho...

Old 01-18-2009, 02:38 PM   #131
the phantom
Beloved Shadow

Eye

I wouldn't have said anything about it until I did anyway. There was more than one possibility as to what Boro was up to early on, and I wasn't about to jump up and down and point it out before I had some sort of plan of action.

I'm a firm believer that you don't mess with someone's plan unless you have some specific purpose for it. Let people play. Let them do their thing. If you're not exactly sure what sort of ploy you are witnessing, just keep your mouth shut until you think you know. Then act accordingly.
Old 01-18-2009, 02:57 PM   #132
Gwathagor
Shade with a Blade

Gwathagor is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Gwathagor is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Gwathagor is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Send a message via AIM to Gwathagor Send a message via MSN to Gwathagor Send a message via Skype™ to Gwathagor
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mithalwen View Post
Did none of you google Walter Plinge?
You bet I did.
Old 01-18-2009, 03:12 PM   #133
Aganzir
Woman of Secret Shadow

Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Aieeeeee!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aganzir's third post on day 1
Guilty
Boro & Mac. Boro's joke about voting Mac and retracting is clearly critic-on-critic. Then Boro is trying to take some distance by saying he doesn't know German.
Gwath. Last time he asked for an explanation concerning the rules, he was guilty himself.
Fea. Popping in without saying anything but that she's here.
Lariren. Popping in just to say she's here.

From now on I always stick to my day 1 suspicions.

I grew rather suspicious about Lari at the end of the last day when she said who the cobbler could have spied on & analysed the wolf kills. They just felt.. wrong. However I didn't have time to go through her posts & had more serious suspects as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by phantom
I did, however, try to make him more likely to be Night-killed. Remember when I said this-
I noticed that and tried to play along first by saying he looked innocent. But then I read through his posts and realised that the critics most likely knew who he was by then.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mith
Did none of you google Walter Plinge?
I did. And although Smithee was mentioned in the Wikipedia article I read, I didn't remember it when I saw Boro's post.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cailín
Aganzir passionately murdered me
Sorry about that. Later I realised I suspected you mostly because I had misread that one post of yours so completely that it looked plain suspicious.

Anyway thank you all, especially Mith. This game was really awesome and I enjoyed every moment.

Also, my apologies to Mac. I don't remember when I last did not suspect you.

Congrats for the victory, critics - I dare say you deserved it. Especially kudos to Lari - you were simply awesome.
Old 01-18-2009, 03:14 PM   #134
Gwathagor
Shade with a Blade

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aganzir View Post
Aieeeeee!

From now on I always stick to my day 1 suspicions.
Oh wow!
Old 01-18-2009, 04:38 PM   #135
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Location: Wearing rat's coat, crowskin, crossed staves in a field behaving as the wind behaves
Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via MSN to Nogrod
Quote:
Aieeeeee! From now on I always stick to my day 1 suspicions.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gwath
Oh wow!
Just check your back every once in a while Gwath. There will be two of us!

I mean there will be no mercy from me to anyone who appears suspicious on Day1. They have been too often proved to be the wolves for me to skip that piece of information any more. So I'm going from this on after those who look suspicious whatever their track-record is and how unfairly they have been lynched early this far.
Nogrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2009, 06:14 PM   #136
Gwathagor
Shade with a Blade

Ha ha ha. Great.
Old 01-18-2009, 06:18 PM   #137
Feanor of the Peredhil
La Belle Dame sans Merci

Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Send a message via MSN to Feanor of the Peredhil
I googled Walter. But like heck was I going to point my cobbler out to people.
Old 01-18-2009, 06:43 PM   #138
Lariren Shadow
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Send a message via AIM to Lariren Shadow Send a message via MSN to Lariren Shadow
Quote:
Aieeeeee!

I grew rather suspicious about Lari at the end of the last day when she said who the cobbler could have spied on & analysed the wolf kills. They just felt.. wrong. However I didn't have time to go through her posts & had more serious suspects as well.

Congrats for the victory, critics - I dare say you deserved it. Especially kudos to Lari - you were simply awesome.
*blushes*bows* I'm pretty sure my whole tactic was to play the innocent newbie.

And I was trying to tell Boro that I was a wolf/critic. With the people that Boro spied on that is.
Old 01-18-2009, 06:44 PM   #139
Lariren Shadow
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

By the way, I don't know if I did say this but really great game everyone!

And I think I might have been the only one not to google Walter.
Old 01-18-2009, 08:31 PM   #140
Macalaure
Fading Fëanorion

Macalaure is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Macalaure is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Macalaure is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Congrats, wolves, and Lariren especially - that was an impressive debut!

I guess I have to echo Cailín there - I played it a bit too aggressive now and then. Well, the game did not go well for the innocents, I was dissatisfied with my own vague suspicions, and then I read statements I completely disagreed with and went a bit overboard criticising them. I guess I have to re-learn that this is a game and having fun is way more important than winning.

Anyway, thank you Mith for an entertaining game in a great setting. Thank you for your work - and your patience.

If feel honoured that I was dreamt of by both the seer and the cobbler. Tgwbs, will you explain your hints to us?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cailín
Oh, and thanks Mac, for the vote of confidence there.
You're welcome.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aganzir
Also, my apologies to Mac. I don't remember when I last did not suspect you.
No need to apologise - it was fun! But when you were happy that the critics killed me... that hurt.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lariren
And I think I might have been the only one not to google Walter.
You're not.
Macalaure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2009, 11:56 PM   #141
Brinniel
Reflection of Darkness

Location: Polishing the stars. Well, somebody has to do it; they're looking a little bit dull.
Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Gah! I have to admit I was rather upset when you all lynched Gollum as he was one of the few I truly believed was innocent (along with Shasta). Then I was disappointed to find out that lynching Mac instead wouldn't have made much difference.

Good job to the baddies! You all played well from the very beginning, which indeed helped to make for the big win (I don't think us innocents had much of a shot by the last Day). Fea, who knows how much longer you would've lasted if tgwbs hadn't put you on the top of the suspect list. Lari wasn't someone I was concerned about until the end when she wasn't dead yet. Then her reaction to Kath's reveal made me quite suspicious. And Gwath I never suspected at all. When Boro wasn't Night-killed, I began to worry he was a baddie. And after his little stunt I decided he was indeed the cobbler; his ploy somewhat reminded me of when he was seer.

What a great game, Mith, and excellent narrations.
Old 01-20-2009, 08:41 PM   #142
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Incidentally, did anyone ever figure out my quote?

"Permit me thus to be torn from thee."

I just wondered if anyone had got it and I'd missed it.

(And I made my 1k post and didn't realize it. So yay me~!)
satansaloser2005 is offline   Reply With Quote