The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Fun and Games > Middle-earth Mirth
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-22-2009, 11:07 PM   #921
Kent2010
Wight

Kent2010 is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
In the villages defense, the only real disadvantage I think there was is the baddies ability to PM the entire time, we had to broadcast all of our plans out in the open, so even if we came up with the perfect plan that last day - all the baddies had to do was sit back and PM their strategies to beat it. That is what appeared to happen, especially on the last day.

Give some credit to the baddies. I mean we can get yelled at for not analyzing all we want, (as was probably clear I had no idea what I was doing, and just tried using what I thought would work) but if the baddies were going to clam up as much as possible(it's funny how all three wolves missed the vote once ), the rest of us can't be held accountable for not trying and I don't think you can call us lackadaisical. It might be easy to criticize what was decided once you are out, but if any of you were still in would you have voted for Shasta or Lari, unless Formendacil found out they were wolves?

With that though, I made probably the biggest blunder and managed to lynch our only offensive threat besides the lynching. Also I managed to openly and assuredly state Greenie's innocence - but what the hell do you expect me to know? Come on.
Old 04-22-2009, 11:39 PM   #922
Brinniel
Reflection of Darkness

Location: Polishing the stars. Well, somebody has to do it; they're looking a little bit dull.
Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Hehe, look you still technically won, Kent...even if it wasn't in the way you expected. But you should definitely take advantage of it as that's what baddies do best. Welcome to the dark side. Over here we eat Girl Scout cookies. *munches on Thin Mints*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shasta
The only thing I regret is killing Brinn.
Yes, shame on you...though I don't exactly blame you. I brought that fate upon myself and knew I had it coming.

Though, in hopes that you guys don't think I'm a complete blundering idiot for my final actions of that Day, let me explain...

Towards the end of the Day, I knew there was a chance of me getting lynched but with 10 bonus votes I still believed there could be a good chance of saving myself and getting Noggie lynched. I would be a more effective cobbler left alive and I didn't think a sacrifice was necessary since I thought Nogrod was probably innocent.

Then Formy reveals (or at least that's what I thought he did), and I think well crap on a stick...now everyone will turn on me to save Nogrod and it'd be rather pointless to attempt counter-revealing so late in the Day. But then nobody made comment on his "reveal" and when more people voted Noggie I was rather confused (but of course I went along with it). I really did think I could save myself until Nilp's vote then I figured it was all over for me (I can't remember if his vote was ever highlighted, but nevertheless he highlighted later the Day before so I couldn't expect anything less).

I dumped all 10 votes because a) maybe someone would x-post attempting to save me (unlikely but...) and b) I didn't want to die with any bonus votes left. My Finrod reveal was done by pure instinct...I wanted one more Night to use my gift and would do anything to stay alive (I considered calling myself Luthien except Formy's semi-reveal would probably make it not believable). Of course I chose to make that reveal too late seeing it was deadline when I posted...but I did it anyway because I wanted revenge by making you suckers sit in several minutes of horror thinking you just lynched Finrod. The last thing I expected was to actually be saved by Nilp not highlighting his vote. At first I was stunned and then I giggled. I don't know how many times I've managed to survive a lynching by the skin of my teeth. I'm like a cat. Cats are cool.

I later felt kinda stupid for revealing as Finrod (though I probably would've been lynched otherwise) and figured there were smarter things I could've done. Unless the wolves had a reason to suspect me as the cobbler, I knew I'd be Night-killed. But all that mattered was that I got an ordo lynched, and I thought I spotted the seer which meant I could block his dream (and yay I was right). Also I figured that my death could possibly save the baddies from hitting Finrod's protection (aka Formy) and I wasn't worried it'd be me since Finrod knew I was evil and probably thought me more likely a wolf than cobbler. It would've been so much fun to stay alive another Day to wreak havoc upon the village (and trust me I would've by both outing the real Finrod and keeping the attention focused on me). But meh, it was a sacrifice I chose to make and at least I wasn't completely useless...

So don't feel bad in the slightest bit, baddies. All three of you did such a great job...I don't think any of you garnered much suspicion until Greenie was exposed. I admit I was slightly worried toward the end of yesterDay when Lari hadn't voted yet. But when she did at the final minute, I thought, oh snap and sighed with relief. Even if there were no bonus votes, I think you three still could've won this, so excellent work.

Good job at finding a wolf in your final dream Formy, even if it was a little late. I'm surprised Izzy didn't protect Gwath seeing that he had the most bonus votes among the innocents, but I'm guessing she anticipated he may be too obvious for a kill and thus chose otherwise.

So sad that most innocents decided not to hold their votes until the end when it'd be more likely to lynch a baddie. Though I can't say I didn't warn you. :P

Anyway, good game to everyone. And thanks to phantom and Mira for their wonderful modding.
Old 04-23-2009, 12:31 AM   #923
Isabellkya
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Isabellkya is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
I didn't protect Gwath, because I was positive he was Pippin, so his bonus votes weren't worth anything. I'd ruled both Kent and Nilp out of being Pippin, because they'd both used their bonus votes where they counted - in lynching Kuru. I figured the Three would try and take out Finrod - the only one who put them in danger at Night.

I hadn't spotted Form as Luthien. I only protected him that Night because he was one of a few people left whom I thought would be a Night kill. What sealed it was his curious exchanges with Kuru.

The only one whom I probably would've voted for without a reveal of some kind - would've been Lari. Because she was the only one whom I really suspected at some point. However, after I lynched OrdoSally, self doubt entered, so I pegged her as an Ordo. I figured at that point, that if she were one of the Three - she wouldn't be so quiet, and would show more interest. xD Same with all of the evilies really.

Ah snap, completely forgot this post makes me a Prince now. xD

Last edited by Isabellkya; 04-23-2009 at 12:35 AM.
Isabellkya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2009, 01:15 AM   #924
Brinniel
Reflection of Darkness

Location: Polishing the stars. Well, somebody has to do it; they're looking a little bit dull.
Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Izzy
I didn't protect Gwath, because I was positive he was Pippin, so his bonus votes weren't worth anything. I'd ruled both Kent and Nilp out of being Pippin, because they'd both used their bonus votes where they counted - in lynching Kuru. I figured the Three would try and take out Finrod - the only one who put them in danger at Night.
Oh yes, I had forgotten about that. Then it does indeed make sense to choose the "most-likely-to-be-Finrod" candidate. It was a good choice; I probably would've thought Nilp as the possible Finrod.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Izzy
I hadn't spotted Form as Luthien. I only protected him that Night because he was one of a few people left whom I thought would be a Night kill. What sealed it was his curious exchanges with Kuru.
I suspected Finrod would spot the same thing I did and choose to protect Formy and when I saw that you in fact did protect him, I assumed it was for that reason. Interesting that it wasn't...a lucky guess though unfortunately on the wrong Night. Though it should comfort you knowing you couldn't have prevented his death anyway.
Old 04-23-2009, 03:33 AM   #925
Nilpaurion Felagund
Scion of The Faithful

Location: The brink, where hope and despair are akin. [The Philippines]
Nilpaurion Felagund is a guest at the Prancing Pony.Nilpaurion Felagund is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Eye

Metagame, metagame.
Nilpaurion Felagund is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2009, 06:50 AM   #926
Nienna
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Nienna has been trapped in the Barrow!
Send a message via AIM to Nienna Send a message via MSN to Nienna
Good job all!... I'm a little sad I died on the first day but you know... there was nothing I could have done. All was looking fine, I went to bed and woke up and was dead... *shakes head*.... haha anyway it was fun just being able to watch and know what my roommates were up to *snicker*. And the last part of the last Day when Fea was lynched was pretty great because Fea, Lari, and I were all at work trying to close the library. I had to keep telling them to do work and Lari was IMing me the whole time being like "hehehe." Anyway it was a fun time and good job everyone. I would have to say though that my favorite part was the beginning
Old 04-23-2009, 08:11 AM   #927
A Little Green
Leaf-clad Lady

A Little Green is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.A Little Green is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.A Little Green is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.A Little Green is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Send a message via MSN to A Little Green
Hehehe. Great job, everyone! I must say I've never been as nervous when playing WW as yesterDay... I was all WHEEEE KILL ME and at the same time I knew I wasn't going to get killed. Our plan seemed too smooth to be true and when I read the rest of the Day yesterday I was sure something had gone wrong. But no. Kudos especially to Shasta who I think came up with the original idea or at least counted the votes and proved that it's mathematically possible for us to get Fea lynched instead of me.

Phew. I love playing a wolf. It's so freaking cool.
"But some stories, small, simple ones about setting out on adventures or people doing wonders, tales of miracles and monsters, have outlasted all the people who told them, and some of them have outlasted the lands in which they were created."
A Little Green is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2009, 11:22 AM   #928
Lariren Shadow
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Lariren Shadow is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Send a message via AIM to Lariren Shadow Send a message via MSN to Lariren Shadow
I was a little sad that I didn't get a Day where I was a known baddie. I had new icons(at some point I am going to use the one Sally made) and sig and everything... I just saw how much fun Greenie was having and remembered Kit's game where there were songs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isabellkya View Post
The only one whom I probably would've voted for without a reveal of some kind - would've been Lari. Because she was the only one whom I really suspected at some point. However, after I lynched OrdoSally, self doubt entered, so I pegged her as an Ordo. I figured at that point, that if she were one of the Three - she wouldn't be so quiet, and would show more interest. xD Same with all of the evilies really.

Ah snap, completely forgot this post makes me a Prince now. xD
I just had other things going on...and I was trying to not attract suspicion at all. But generally I make people think I'm innocent when I'm a baddie and guilty when I'm good.
Old 04-23-2009, 11:35 AM   #929
Aganzir
Woman of Secret Shadow

Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Leaf Well then

Good game baddies (including Kent).

And thanks, phantom & Mira. The game was interesting and especially Day -1 was lots of fun.

However I'm deeply disappointed with being killed on the first night although I know it was pretty much my own fault. Still, at least you wolves should know me well enough to know I drop off gifted hints every now and then, especially if I'm not a gifted! It's fun.
Also, I'm disappointed with Shasta picking the wrong number when killing me.

Ah and sorry Kuru. But whatever were you thinking when making a post title like that?

I met Greenie a day after I died, and we were having a loud and intense discussion about the evil three, their tactics and such when Lommy's phone rang. She said something that sounded like "It's the grandparents" and we two continued talking - up until we realised it was Nog. Fortunately he didn't apparently hear anything.
Old 04-23-2009, 01:10 PM   #930
Kuruharan
Regal Dwarven Shade

Kuruharan is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kuruharan is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kuruharan is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Boots

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aganzir View Post
But whatever were you thinking when making a post title like that?
I was thinking that nobody in their right mind would believe that I would expose myself as the Cobbler that early in the game. (to tell the truth, I wasn't even thinking about that at all...I was just trying to have a little fun)

And actually the title and the post were closely related if you go back and re-read it now that its all over. You and Form were continuing on with the Disney silliness and I was joining in that because there wasn't much else to do at the time.

Last edited by Kuruharan; 04-23-2009 at 01:15 PM.
Kuruharan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2009, 03:01 PM   #931
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Location: Wearing rat's coat, crowskin, crossed staves in a field behaving as the wind behaves
Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via MSN to Nogrod
Congrats to the wolves - and just figure out if I'm going to go for lynching the quiets after this one with all I can throw in!

Greenie was claiming the moral highground on Day2 (or was it 3?) saying that people should not vote others on the basis of who is it nice to play with or whose playing-styles they appreciate (or something like that) but on the basis of actual suspicion... That makes perfect sense. But at the same time she was full aware that she and her friends in crime had deliberately hunkered down leaving us others basically nothing to actually suspect them from but not leaving us anything to suspect them from. So with us reasonably thinking she was morally right we would go on after innocents making the game and leaving her and her friends untouched in the shadows.

That was a brilliant move indeed Greenie! Using the moral highground seems to always work as no one wishes to look like an ethical-moron in front of others!

But at the same time the trick underlined the old fact many have seem to have forgotten (myself included): if you are an ordo, you should always - always - lynch the free-riders first and only then start looking around more closely.

Only things I'm even a bit happy with my own game is that I started suspecting Greenie on Day1 and my suspicions grew heavier all the time (sadly only Form was showing any interest in believing me) - and I was right with thinking Brinn had not our best in mind. The rest from me was then just fumble and bad decisions after another.

Shasta and Lari... I just had no clue whatsoever. Well, how could I've had one?

Well played Izzy and Form, you managed to stay on long enough - even if we lost in the end. And a good game Kent! I'm looking forwards to seeing you again in these games.

Also kudos to Agan, Kuru who met an untimely death when they would have deserved to play a lot more as they were actually doing it.

And a good game phantom & Mira. The extra-vote idea was an interesting addition to the game even if with the baddies being able to PM all the time (and to recruit more to their team) gave them quite an advance from the very beginning and - to be honest - after a few Days of missed lynches it was basically wrapped up already...

But as always - even if this post may have sounded a bit grumpy (actually it isn't - I'm just sharpening my saber for the next round ): it was fun as long as it lasted!
Nogrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2009, 07:18 PM   #932
Kuruharan
Regal Dwarven Shade

Kuruharan is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kuruharan is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kuruharan is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Boots

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nogrod View Post
(sadly only Form was showing any interest in believing me)
Not completely true...I just wasn't very sure about it.
Old 04-24-2009, 01:49 AM   #933
Shastanis Althreduin
Werewolf Psychic

Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Funny, Nog, you almost make it sound like I was playing the silent wolf deliberately...
Shasta– ... However, if he's innocent his famous clairvoyant powers must be taking the week off. Meanwhile, the Night-kills have been awfully effective– almost like we're dealing with a psychic wolf... - Nerwen, WW LXXV
Shastanis Althreduin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2009, 02:06 AM   #934
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor

Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Send a message via Skype™ to Nerwen
Well, that a fun game to observe... and whatever you think about Kent's performance, it was entertaining!

I was sorry to have dropped out– although i don't know if I'd have done any better than the villagers (had I been one of them)– I was sure Izzy was a wolf, right up until Shasta and Lari voted.

Congratulations, wolves!
Old 04-24-2009, 02:25 PM   #935
Firefoot
Illusionary Holbytla

Firefoot has been trapped in the Barrow!
I have to say, I had completely forgotten how much time and mental energy werewolf requires (at least, to play it the way I was accustomed to it... being one of those quiet people was never me). It actually worked out that I was killed when I was... with it being the last week of classes for me, I would not really have had the time.

Maybe over the summer though, you'll be seeing more of me. It was fun 'coming out of retirement' as I believe phantom put it to me...
Firefoot is offline   Reply With Quote