Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Roleplaying > Elvenhome
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-13-2010, 08:40 PM   #2601
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

Location: In a tiny, insignificant little town in one of the many States.
Folwren is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Folwren is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
K, It's Dury's and Mnemosyne's turn.

I am sorry my post is rather brief on all my character's points of views, but I think it will work in carrying it over to the player's characters. Have fun, everyone. Tomorrow afternoon I leave for camp again and prolly won't be back until Friday. But if someone posts tomorrow before I have to leave, there is a chance that I might post something.

-- Foley
Old 06-28-2010, 05:28 AM   #2602
Eorl of Rohan
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Eorl of Rohan has just left Hobbiton.
Oh, so it's moving again.

And Scyrr still makes no appearance. A pity.
Old 06-28-2010, 12:08 PM   #2603
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eorl of Rohan View Post
Oh, so it's moving again.

And Scyrr still makes no appearance. A pity.
It is moving rather slowly, but I am afraid at least during the summer for many people it will be like that. However, that's no problem.

Concerning Scyrr, however, if you were reading closely, Eorl, you would actually see that I managed to put a chance there for Scyrr to even speak, if you wanted. It is there for already quite some time. You can write of Scyrr noticing Áforglaed in his drowsiness, or even talking to him as much as his condition allows. It will be jumping back from your timeline, but as you can see, we are all still in the middle of the day. There is a chance, you can use it. I said that already back then:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legate of Amon Lanc View Post
Also, now that I had Áforglaed looking at Scyrr, that could have been a good chance for a brief half-delirious dialogue, if Eorl wished. If not, then Scyrr of course can be just unconscious and that's it.
Here you go, the field can be yours, basically.
"Should the story say 'he ate bread,' the dramatic producer can only show 'a piece of bread' according to his taste or fancy, but the hearer of the story will think of bread in general and picture it in some form of his own." -On Fairy-Stories
Old 06-28-2010, 02:50 PM   #2604
Durelin
Estelo dagnir, Melo ring

Durelin is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Durelin is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
I'm sorry for my disappearance. I will be posting and helping to get things moving again as soon as possible. Sorry for holding things up.
Old 07-19-2010, 06:04 PM   #2605
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

Folwren is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Folwren is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Yay! I was so excited to see your post, Durelin! thanks so much for writing. I am so excited.

I think I'll still hold on posting myself, however. Let's figure out what needs to be done to get this day going and eventually overwith...

-- Foley
Old 07-19-2010, 06:12 PM   #2606
Durelin
Estelo dagnir, Melo ring

Durelin is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Durelin is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Hey, Foley Yea, apologies to all for my disappearing twice over...I'll be doing my best to help get this moving again at whatever pace now... And of course let me know if I need to make any edits. I tried to just move things ahead and keep from moving or doing anything for other people's characters.

Oh, darnit, I forgot though -- Foley I was thinking that maybe your soldier Quin one of those who went in Coen's group of riders. Then we would have Thornden and Hilderinc in the same party, an Coen and Quin, so the main played soldier types would be together rather than spread about and unable to interact with anyone but NPCs should any opportunity for interaction come up. I know we might just skip over the searching altogether (I certainly left my post up for that), but there's always the return, etc....

But obviously up to you, Foley, where you want to put Quin.
Old 07-19-2010, 07:13 PM   #2607
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

No, that's great. I like that idea of Quin going into the search party with Coen. That way, if we do decide to write anything about the search parties, there will be people to write with.

Is Legate around at all?

-- Foley
Old 07-22-2010, 12:44 PM   #2608
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

Hey guess what! Nogrod and company are back home! Does that mean you all will have time to post now? At lesat for a couple weeks?

Where's Legate? Mnemosyne, are you around? Eorl of Rohan?

-- Foley
Old 07-23-2010, 01:31 PM   #2609
Firefoot
Illusionary Holbytla

Firefoot has been trapped in the Barrow!
So I've been lurking for the last week or so and thought I'd get back in on the action after a lot of catching up... it's been a while, hope I'm still welcome.
Old 07-23-2010, 07:27 PM   #2610
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

Of course you're still welcome! Everybody is always welcome! I am ecstatic (sp!) that you're back!

-- Foley
Old 07-23-2010, 08:04 PM   #2611
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Location: Wearing rat's coat, crowskin, crossed staves in a field behaving as the wind behaves
Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via MSN to Nogrod
Great to see you again Firefoot!

I'm hopefully getting myself up to date with this tomorrow after a long break travelling in the US., but let's see what we should then do - and all the suggestions by you people will be most welcome!
Let's get this thing rolling again...
Old 07-23-2010, 09:10 PM   #2612
Mnemosyne
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Mnemosyne is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Mnemosyne is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Send a message via MSN to Mnemosyne Send a message via Yahoo to Mnemosyne
I'm around, but under job stress and massive amounts of self-pity. Keep on pestering me and I'll get something up.
Old 07-24-2010, 10:41 AM   #2613
Eönwë
Flame Imperishable

Eönwë is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Eönwë is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Eönwë is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
I've finally got time again. Now I just need to catch up...
Old 07-25-2010, 11:03 AM   #2614
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Palantir-Green

Yay, Firefoot and Eönwë!

Sorry for breaking my promise about posting though. I don't even have any good reason for that, except procrastination!

I will post later today, for at least some of my characters. Then I'm unfortunately going to be busy for a few more weeks, but I should be more active after mid-August. Looking forward to that!
Old 07-25-2010, 09:27 PM   #2615
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

Oh, golly! Suddenly there are whole new possibilities with the boys! I can see it already in my mind - they going out into the woods despite Modtryth's orders and startling a whole search party....hehehehe....I love chaos.

-- Foley
Old 07-26-2010, 02:33 PM   #2616
Durelin
Estelo dagnir, Melo ring

Haha, that would be fun! I had no idea what we might have happen with the search parties, if anything, so it would be great to do something with them. Unless of course the majority just wants to move on from all this.

If you'd like them to run into Coen's riders that could be fun, though I'm not sure if it makes any sense for them to run into each other or not...if we can make it work, why not?
Old 07-26-2010, 02:36 PM   #2617
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

It could make sense...the boys will have caught wind of what was going on some minutes before the soldiers are able to get mounted up and going out. They could have looped around and gotten up in the way of them by then, maybe...

I'll see what I can do in the little amount of remaining time that I have...

-- Foley
Old 07-26-2010, 03:26 PM   #2618
Durelin
Estelo dagnir, Melo ring

Haha awesome Foley, I have a post forming very strongly in my mind...will get to it ASAP. I'm a little slow writing thanks to my wisdom teeth surgery, but hopefully I can get it up tonight or tomorrow.
Old 07-28-2010, 04:50 PM   #2619
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

Really good posts, girls. I'm excited about this.

Firefoot, it'd be interesting if Scyld were to be the one to start the ball rolling for people to find out about Thornden's cover up for Lithor and Erbrand. Is that what you're thinking?

Durelin, I hope to post for the boys sometime tonight...? Or tomorrow afternoon.

-- Foley
Old 07-29-2010, 08:18 AM   #2620
Firefoot
Illusionary Holbytla

Folwren - I'm still not quite sure where I'm going with Scyld (actually, I thought about not even bringing him back because I didn't know what to do with him...). I also didn't know what your plans were for Thornden, whether he'd get caught or not. If you want him to get caught, then I can certainly go that direction with Scyld.

Durelin - hope you're recovering ok. I had my wisdom teeth out over Christmas break and it was not fun.
Old 07-31-2010, 12:28 PM   #2621
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

I am uncertain how it will all play out, but I have an inkling that Thornden's deceit, I guess you could say, will be found out. But Hilderinc may have something to do with that, too. We should discuss it with Legate, too.

-- Foley
Old 08-01-2010, 01:28 PM   #2622
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.
I am here, I have been out and I warn you that I will be also away for most of the rest of summer, basically I am around only now for several days and then I will be here the last week of August and only after that in the second half of September (but after that, I expect a full start on!) But I am now going to read what you wrote, and see if I can write something Great to see this moving, anyway!
"Should the story say 'he ate bread,' the dramatic producer can only show 'a piece of bread' according to his taste or fancy, but the hearer of the story will think of bread in general and picture it in some form of his own." -On Fairy-Stories
Old 08-03-2010, 01:34 PM   #2623
Durelin
Estelo dagnir, Melo ring

lol, I started off thinking there were just the two boys, then realized there were three, and didn't edit properly. Sorry bout that -- but it works!

Coen is...reeeally not happy. I was kinda surprised at how angry he is, but...yea. He is totally flustered, frustrated, ready to be anywhere but Scarburg... This is fun! ;p

So, I am assuming, from the way things have been going, that Erbrand and Lithor are definitely not going to be found by the search parties. Am I correct in that assumption?

As for Thornden's deceit -- Coen is not going to let him get away with whatever it is he's hiding

And thank you, Firefoot, I'm doing much better now...finally really healing. It is so great to get to RP with you again!!
Old 08-03-2010, 01:40 PM   #2624
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

He is really angry. I can tell. I wonder if I should have Javan talk back?

I am really curious to see what ends up happening so far as Thornden goes.

I, too, am really excited about RPing again with BOTH of you. This makes me happy.
Old 08-03-2010, 04:35 PM   #2625
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Thumbs up

I have finally read all you managed to write here since I was last online. I have to say, just wonderful I have posted for Hilderinc (he still thinks Erbrand attacked Áforglaed yesterday, btw. In fact, he has surprising lot of wrong information in his head, all due to simple misunderstandings...). I have put Quin in too, in case you wanted to somehow make him interact or even just post his thoughts on what he has seen and heard, Foley. I don't know if that corresponds with your plans for him, if not (like if you want him to ride out with Coen, for example), then I can just edit him away from my post. I have also opened it for whoever would like to interact with Hilderinc/Áforglaed/Quin, they can go anywhere from here, so if somebody wants, you can either suggest here whom to move where or you can rightaway write about where they go and include it in your post and start talking to them... please, feel free to do so (or at least I am speaking for Hilderinc and Áforglaed)
Old 08-03-2010, 06:28 PM   #2626
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

Legate, I'm so glad to see you post! I went ahead and got everyone on horse back. I wrote some about Áforglaed that I hope you don't mind, but if you do, I can, of course change it or take it out.

Durelin, I posted also for Javan. All I ask of you is that you don't kill him on the spot.
Old 08-04-2010, 02:08 PM   #2627
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

Quote:
Originally Posted by Firefoot
All Léof could think was that this whole situation was being handled exceptionally badly
This line from your post cracks me up. Leof is SO totally right when he says that! So funny. It is being handled rather badly indeed.
Old 08-06-2010, 01:00 PM   #2628
Firefoot
Illusionary Holbytla

Okay, I've been thinking about Scyld... I think that what I'm going to have him do is approach Athanar and speak in generalities, not point any specific fingers (at least initially - we'll see what kind of questions Athanar might ask)... that can leave the door open for Athanar to pursue his own investigation which could bring out Hilderinc's concerns etc.

For that to happen he's going to want to get Athanar on his own though, and it seems that Athanar is currently speaking with Wynflaed and Saeryn... Scyld isn't likely to interrupt, he wouldn't want it widely known that he's giving possibly sensitive information to Athanar. So I guess I'm wondering about the status of that conversation? It's Mnemosyne's turn to post there, I believe...
Old 08-06-2010, 02:40 PM   #2629
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

If I were you, I'd PM Nogrod and Mnemosyne and give the heads up that way. Otherwise, they might not notice.

I will attempt to post this evening sometime. No promises, though.

-- Foley
Old 08-08-2010, 03:29 PM   #2630
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

Quote:
Originally Posted by Durelin's post from the game
How could someone as accomplished and noble as Athanar get landed this backwater bunch of ruffians who did not even know how to keep their women and children in line?
Where did the women come into all this? That's just funny.
Old 08-08-2010, 03:35 PM   #2631
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

Hey, Durelin, I'm thinking about how to post for Javan & Co., and I guess there are two choices. Either Javan cam say, "No, never mind. We'll go back without any problem, and you can just go rejoin your company." Or he can put up a fuss. I couldn't decide which and it occurred to me that the decision affected you. So, what would you like to do? Do you want them to refuse to go quietly, or should they just go? And then, likewise, we could play around with the idea of the boys saying, "We'll go back by ourselves, and you can go rejoin your captain" and Feaghall doing so, but the boys changing their minds half way back and turning back around again...but that'd probably be too stupid.

Any thoughts or preferences?

-- Foley
Old 08-08-2010, 04:17 PM   #2632
Durelin
Estelo dagnir, Melo ring

lol, he's upset and thus angry at everyone...and he didn't really like everything that Saeryn (and her brother) said on the first day... He'll get over it, lol. And women and children are easy to lump together for him...

Completely up to you, Foley! I was just hoping you wouldn't mind me blowing off Javan and the boys enough so that Coen could leave (I knew it would be silly for him to spend too long wasting his time talking with them...feel free to have them complain again at Coen and he just ignore them even though I didn't leave room for it in my post). I left Fearghall there for them to continue to complain to, abuse in some fashion, or simply ignore...up to you
Old 08-09-2010, 10:11 AM   #2633
Mnemosyne
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Mnemosyne is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Mnemosyne is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Okay, I (think) I've finally got enough time to read through this, catch up, and get the conversation to a point where others can jump in. I'll try to get something up tonight.
Old 08-09-2010, 01:24 PM   #2634
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

That'd be amazing, Mnemo! I'm looking forward to it.

Dury, I plan to post today sometime.
Old 08-10-2010, 03:03 PM   #2635
Mnemosyne
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Wynflaed is up. Foley or Nog can proceed; if Saeryn's going to tell Athanar what she knows about Lithor, Wynflaed will be free to poke her nose into other people's business.
Old 08-10-2010, 03:11 PM   #2636
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Location: Wearing rat's coat, crowskin, crossed staves in a field behaving as the wind behaves
Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via MSN to Nogrod
It seems like an all too familiar apology again, but after our phantastic trip to the US I have been visiting a few summer-cottages (to get the feeling of Finnish-summer and to meet friends) and after that I have been more or less 24/7 engaged with our choir's dance-show we have now been performing a few days - and it will take me to the end of the week.

I will try to check this well enough to be able to answer your questions tomorrow Firefoot and to check the current situation (if you're around Mnemo, go on). Otherwise it will probably be the next week I'm able to really delve into this again.

But I'm very happy to see you again Firefoot, and all of you who have just ignitited this into life again! This was a rotten summer for me "Mead Hall -wise", otherwise it has been just awesome!

I hope to be able to come into the middle of things soon enough!

I'm really sorry about the bad hosting. It should get better again, though.
Old 08-10-2010, 04:38 PM   #2637
Durelin
Estelo dagnir, Melo ring

No apologies Nogrod! It seems most of us have had a busy summer; I've been really awful about posting since May (really since I stated, but ya know). Relax and enjoy vacationing/choir performance!
Old 08-22-2010, 09:21 PM   #2638
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

Hi, all. What's going on? Are we going to have any new posts sometime?

Dury and I are working on a co-post together. She's been busy lately, and I'm about to start school, but I'm hoping it doesn't take too much longer.

What about Nogrod, Mnemo, and Lommy and Legate?
Old 08-23-2010, 05:15 AM   #2639
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

I am around here now again, like I said previously on this thread, I am now going to be here until the end of the week and then again not. Not sure what could I post right now, but I am also going to read what you wrote meanwhile. Anyway, I am going to be definitely permanently around from about the second half of September... so after that, I hope also others will be here and that we can move this on in swifter pace
Old 08-23-2010, 09:11 AM   #2640
Mnemosyne
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

I think I left it open for Saeryn or Athanar to post next in the conversation there... I know Nog gave me permission to continue but I'm not quite sure how...