The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Fun and Games > Middle-earth Mirth
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 07-11-2008, 04:30 PM   #441
Aganzir
Woman of Secret Shadow

Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rikae
#367 Agan thinks Shasta looks innocent, Mith looks suspicious.
Actually, I thought it was likely that either Mith or Nogrod was a wolf, and Mith looked more wolfish. Though today Nogrod has been much more suspicious so I don't really know anymore.

Unless I miscounted, if we don't get a wolf in three days (and there are no ranger saves and Eomer doesn't take a wolf down), we'll lose.

Somehow I'm not so sure anymore if I want to vote for Mith. Kitanna and Nogrod feel worse, and to an extent also Form.

edit: xed with Form, Boro and Nog
Old 07-11-2008, 04:34 PM   #442
Rikae
Mellifluous Maia

Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nogrod
Originally Posted by Form
*irritated*
You're not dead yet, you know... Nilp's still the front-runner.
Of course, if you don't die, we won't know for sure if you are hunter or not... and the wolves might not kill you tonight.

Good call, Nogrod, I don't think it looks good either.
For some reason, I can't turn the italics off...

Anyway, as for my hunch, Boro, there was no logical reason behind it, hence the word "hunch". And no, Form, I'm not going to retract it as mistaken, since you not only are still giving me a bad feeling, you are now starting to look more definitely evil.

Now Mith, Shasta and I are all wolves together now, because I don't like to see our options and discussion narrowed down without analyzing exactly how this is happening?
A wolf who thinks you look "too innocent"? Why wouldn't I just kill you by night, then, instead of opening myself to criticism by mentioning a mere hunch about you?
Rikae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2008, 04:38 PM   #443
Formendacil
Dead Serious

Formendacil is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Formendacil is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Formendacil is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Formendacil is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Send a message via AIM to Formendacil Send a message via MSN to Formendacil
Mith or Shasta? Shasta or Mith?

That seems to be the question of the day, and as a rare occurrence in my career with this game, I'm wishing we could double-lynch... I'm inclined to suspect both, and I'd be willing to sacrifice the other to catch one.

Murphy's Law: figures it'd be a game that forbid double-lynching that would see me want it.

Of the two, I'm more liable to vote Mith. Although the Shasta has its merits, Mith was on my radar earlier.

Besides these candidates, however, I've still got Nogrod stuck in my mind. I'm sure that if a bandwaggon came along, I'd put my signature to that vote with glee, but standing with just my own suspicions, I keep having second thoughts to the effect of "he's just too much of a philosopher, and you're suspicious as a philosophy student yourself that he's got wheels inside of wheels inside of wheels." Be that as it may, he's still on my radar.

I've mentally put Boromir, Aganzir, and Eönwë in the category of "innocent", and I'm really not sure why. This troubles me... but not enough to suspect them.
Old 07-11-2008, 04:39 PM   #444
Shastanis Althreduin
Werewolf Psychic

Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
If it helps, Form, Nogrod is pinging my radar as well. :P I wouldn't be averse to voting him... if I didn't have to save myself.
Shasta– ... However, if he's innocent his famous clairvoyant powers must be taking the week off. Meanwhile, the Night-kills have been awfully effective– almost like we're dealing with a psychic wolf... - Nerwen, WW LXXV
Shastanis Althreduin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2008, 04:42 PM   #445
Aganzir
Woman of Secret Shadow

Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
I could vote for Nogrod too.

I'll eat my hat with feathers and all if neither Mith nor Nog is a wolf, and today I'd prefer trying Nog.
Old 07-11-2008, 04:42 PM   #446
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Location: Wearing rat's coat, crowskin, crossed staves in a field behaving as the wind behaves
Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via MSN to Nogrod
Oh my... In the beginning of the Day I thought Agan was a bit slippery... I mean it's not too often she has to take back her words and defend her inconsistencies but there she did it. I thought to leave it for later but now I feel I need to say this as she starts to look like Roa in good old times steering the votes at the crucial hours when her evilness so thought fit.

I don't think she was one of the original wolves but she might be the one turned into a baddie. I mean if Shasta isn't the new wolf (there's not only the "being still alive with Eomer" - but he also got hyperactive the very same Day the new wolf had been appointed).

EDIT: X'd with Shasta and Agan... now what did I say? If she manages to get me lynched I'll suggest you lynch her the next Day. That is so calculative...
Nogrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2008, 04:42 PM   #447
Formendacil
Dead Serious

Formendacil is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Formendacil is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Formendacil is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Formendacil is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rikae
Now Mith, Shasta and I are all wolves together now, because I don't like to see our options and discussion narrowed down without analyzing exactly how this is happening?

A wolf who thinks you look "too innocent"? Why wouldn't I just kill you by night, then, instead of opening myself to criticism by mentioning a mere hunch about you?
That's easy enough to answer... yesterday you thought I looked good and suspicious and getting me lynched (or pretending to want that) would make you look good and normal. Today, maybe, you think I look too innocent, and harping on about me will do the lupine cause no good.

Your reply here seems quite charged, and while that can certainly come from someone who's innocent, it certainly isn't encouraging me and I'm still inclined to think you lupine, though I'll grant that you, Mith, and Shasta seems a very unlikely combination.
Old 07-11-2008, 04:43 PM   #448
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via AIM to Boromir88 Send a message via MSN to Boromir88
Rikae I won't speak for anyone else, but the reason I've narrowed my top down to Shasta and Mith, is because of Durelin's death.

Durelin ended yesterday by saying she would vote for either Shasta or Mith, and she ended up going with Mith. Now maybe the wolves weren't anticipating Durelin being the seer, and they had a stroke of luck. But, if they did think someone was onto them (especially if it was the seer) I think they'd silence that person fast. It doesn't look like Durelin dreamed of a wolf, but I agree with Kitanna's theory that if the wolves thought Durelin was the seer and either Mith or Shasta was a wolf, they wanted to get to Durelin before she found out for sure.

Not only that, but this Shasta-Eomer back and forth has been too distracting. I've been suspicious of Mith because I've found at least two of her votes odd - plus her reasoning suspicious (Day 1 for sally and yesterday for Nogrod). And at least for me, her death would reveal more about sally, Kitanna, and Nogrod.

Edit: crossed with everything since Rikae's post 442
Old 07-11-2008, 04:43 PM   #449
Shastanis Althreduin
Werewolf Psychic

Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nogrod
but he also got hyperactive the very same Day the new wolf had been appointed
I sold my car that Night, Nogrod, so I have nothing better to do now than post. I said that already.

Edit: X'd with Boro
Shasta– ... However, if he's innocent his famous clairvoyant powers must be taking the week off. Meanwhile, the Night-kills have been awfully effective– almost like we're dealing with a psychic wolf... - Nerwen, WW LXXV
Old 07-11-2008, 04:45 PM   #450
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Location: Wearing rat's coat, crowskin, crossed staves in a field behaving as the wind behaves
Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aganzir View Post
I'll eat my hat with feathers and all if neither Mith nor Nog is a wolf, and today I'd prefer trying Nog.
First of all you know you don't need to act on that promise as Mith is a wolf. So interesting that toDay you think you'd not be so keen to lynch Mith...
Old 07-11-2008, 04:46 PM   #451
Formendacil
Dead Serious

Quote:
I could vote for Nogrod too.

As much as I'm suspicious of Nogrod, the fact that the offer to lynch him comes from you and Shasta doesn't incline to voting that way. Though you, Agan have been on my "innocent" list, I agree wtih Nogrod that there's a definite air of steering the vote in the last minutes, and Shasta is just too tainted right now... unless Mith turns out to be a wolf, I'm not putting any faith in his innocence, and even then... he might not be a wolf, but he could be the Cobbler.

Leaning Mithways, but given her lead in the votes thus far, I'll hold off a moment or three.
Old 07-11-2008, 04:47 PM   #452
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
First of all, I'm SO sorry. My aunt called and then....well, I just spaced this off pretty much. I'm not going to subject you all to another long post right before deadline, so here goes a brief thought/how-I-plan-to-vote summation.

Why do our only two candidates seem to be Mith and Shasta? I know, y'all have said it too, so they're really not the only two candidates. I'm not saying that I wouldn't vote for them, only that they're getting too much attention. Hmmmm....we DO still have a cobbler out there. Maybe Mith or Shasta is too busy making delicious crumbles to distract us from catching the real wolves.

My top suspects (Mith aside) are still Form and Noggie. I won't bother you with why right now (again, sorry about that....*mutters*) but it's essentially a gut feeling. Noggie's still feeling wrong to me, and Form, although I've not played with him before now, just seems right to be a wolf. Wish I had more time to explain my hunches; hopefully I'm alive toMorrow to make myself more plain. Maybe I'm (semi)alone in that, but I'd go for lynching either one of them.

Posting, then catching up. X'd since a few minutes ago, so anything's possible.

EDIT: indeed, X'd a lot. Somewhere around Form's post about Mith and Shasta.
satansaloser2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2008, 04:48 PM   #453
Rikae
Mellifluous Maia

Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Formendacil View Post
That's easy enough to answer... yesterday you thought I looked good and suspicious and getting me lynched (or pretending to want that) would make you look good and normal. Today, maybe, you think I look too innocent, and harping on about me will do the lupine cause no good.
Eh? No one else found you suspicious yesterDay - if I thought you were doing something obviously suspicious, I would have pointed it out, even in the limited time I had - but I merely had a bad feeling. It was pretty obvious you weren't going to be lynched.
And I still find you suspicious toDay. I was just waiting to see if my suspicions would be confirmed by your behavior, and... guess what?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Formendacil
Your reply here seems quite charged, and while that can certainly come from someone who's innocent, it certainly isn't encouraging me and I'm still inclined to think you lupine, though I'll grant that you, Mith, and Shasta seems a very unlikely combination.
That would be because I think I'm onto a wolf too late in the day to do much about it, and expect that two ordos are being framed. *sigh*

EDIT: X'd with everything since the post I quoted.
Old 07-11-2008, 04:48 PM   #454
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shastanis Althreduin View Post
I sold my car that Night, Nogrod, so I have nothing better to do now than post.
Sorry, but I'm just unable to see the connection... Long live the cultural differences!
Old 07-11-2008, 04:49 PM   #455
Aganzir
Woman of Secret Shadow

Kit - Mith
Eomer - Shasta
Mith - Shasta
Eönwë - Mith

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nog
she starts to look like Roa in good old times steering the votes at the crucial hours when her evilness so thought fit.
I'm really flattered to be compared to Roa. Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nog
First of all you know you don't need to act on that promise as Mith is a wolf. So interesting that toDay you think you'd not be so keen to lynch Mith...
Starting to sound a bit desperate, are you, Nog? Either you or Mith is a wolf, yesterday I thought Mith, today you.

Anyway, I am incredibly indecided right now. I have more candidates than there are wolves.

edit: xed since Form
Old 07-11-2008, 04:51 PM   #456
Rikae
Mellifluous Maia

Oh well.

++Formendacil
Old 07-11-2008, 04:51 PM   #457
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Quote:
I have more candidates than there are wolves.
Me too...
Old 07-11-2008, 04:51 PM   #458
Formendacil
Dead Serious

Quote:
Originally Posted by satansaloser2005 View Post
My top suspects (Mith aside) are still Form and Noggie. I won't bother you with why right now (again, sorry about that....*mutters*) but it's essentially a gut feeling. Noggie's still feeling wrong to me, and Form, although I've not played with him before now, just seems right to be a wolf. Wish I had more time to explain my hunches; hopefully I'm alive toMorrow to make myself more plain. Maybe I'm (semi)alone in that, but I'd go for lynching either one of them.
Interesting that you lump Nogrod with me, since this inclines to me think him more innocent. Knowing my innocence, if you're getting from him the same vibe you're getting from me, then it seems probable that we're both innocent.

This assumes, of course, that you, Sally are innocent, which I'm not fully willing to grant, though you've struck me as more that than the alternative on a consistent basis.

It also assumes, of course, that Nogrod's style as wolf and style as innocent isn't drastically similar... but regardless, this does incline me to de-suspect him, at least slightly.
Old 07-11-2008, 04:53 PM   #459
Aganzir
Woman of Secret Shadow

Kit - Mith
Eomer - Shasta
Mith - Shasta
Eönwë - Mith
Rikae - Form (Mith-2, Shasta-2, Form-1)
Old 07-11-2008, 04:53 PM   #460
Eönwë
Flame Imperishable

Eönwë is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Eönwë is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Eönwë is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
ooooh! Only 10 minutes.

edit: make that 7
Old 07-11-2008, 04:54 PM   #461
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Formendacil View Post
Interesting that you lump Nogrod with me, since this inclines to me think him more innocent. Knowing my innocence, if you're getting from him the same vibe you're getting from me, then it seems probable that we're both innocent.

This assumes, of course, that you, Sally are innocent, which I'm not fully willing to grant, though you've struck me as more that than the alternative on a consistent basis.

It also assumes, of course, that Nogrod's style as wolf and style as innocent isn't drastically similar... but regardless, this does incline me to de-suspect him, at least slightly.
Different vibes, same conclusion. Not at all what you're implying, love.

He's been on my bad side (wolfwise) all game, so I'm going for it.

++Form
Old 07-11-2008, 04:55 PM   #462
Aganzir
Woman of Secret Shadow

Hello I am the phantom

Kit - Mith
Eomer - Shasta
Mith - Shasta
Eönwë - Mith
Rikae - Form (Mith-2, Shasta-2, Form-1)
sally - Form (Mith-2, Shasta-2, Form-2)
Old 07-11-2008, 04:55 PM   #463
Eönwë
Flame Imperishable

Eönwë is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Eönwë is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Eönwë is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
It's a tie! It's a tie!

...so far...

edit: and a 3-way one too.
Old 07-11-2008, 04:56 PM   #464
Aganzir
Woman of Secret Shadow

I think our chances with Form are better than with Mith.
Old 07-11-2008, 04:56 PM   #465
Shastanis Althreduin
Werewolf Psychic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eönwë View Post
It's a tie! It's a tie!

...so far...
Continuously stating the obvious is rarely endearing.

And hi, phantomAgan!

Edit: X'd with ...phantomAgan
Old 07-11-2008, 04:56 PM   #466
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Okay then - and voting early!

But I'll stick to this toDay.

++ Mith.

Not only what has been said about Dury - Mith and Nerwen - Mith connections but also the way she acted toDay - and the Days before.

Also she didn't say she's innocent which she normally does when innocent but felt like a resignated wolf.
Old 07-11-2008, 04:56 PM   #467
Formendacil
Dead Serious

We're in the final minutes of the game there are 5 votes cast, with a Mith/Shasta tie...

I'll stick to my guns, though the hints (suspicious as they are) of a Nogrod bandwaggon has its appeal.

++Mithalwen
Old 07-11-2008, 04:57 PM   #468
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via AIM to Boromir88 Send a message via MSN to Boromir88
Please lets not have a mass of cross votes at the end. Someone's got to break it...

++Shasta

I don't think I would be able to take another day of Shasta and Eomer battling.
Old 07-11-2008, 04:57 PM   #469
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

Quote:
I am the phantom

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! Wolves I can handle, but that? *nilps herself*

Crap. Why, WHY did I create a three-way tie? Someone fix my stupidity, please!

EDIT: X'd. Well, better than nothing.
Old 07-11-2008, 04:57 PM   #470
Eönwë
Flame Imperishable

Quote:
Continuously stating the obvious is rarely endearing.
Bold words from one of the tie-ees, eh?

edit: Well, not anyomre.
Old 07-11-2008, 04:57 PM   #471
Aganzir
Woman of Secret Shadow

++ Form

I've grown so suspicious of him in these last few minutes.
Old 07-11-2008, 04:58 PM   #472
Shastanis Althreduin
Werewolf Psychic

This speaks of oddness to me; When the possibility of a Form-wagon rears its ugly head, suddenly both Nogrod and Form become decisive.

Hmm.
Old 07-11-2008, 04:58 PM   #473
Shastanis Althreduin
Werewolf Psychic

Oh heck.

++ Form

....did I just create another tie?
Old 07-11-2008, 04:58 PM   #474
Aganzir
Woman of Secret Shadow

Even if Mith dies, it's going to reveal a lot about Nog.
Old 07-11-2008, 04:59 PM   #475
Aganzir
Woman of Secret Shadow

*just waiting for someone to vote for Shasta so three people are tied *
Old 07-11-2008, 05:00 PM   #476
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Well, well... If Boro is still alive after a Day or two I say you people should lynch him... Just an idea...

... Now what the...
Old 07-11-2008, 05:00 PM   #477
Shastanis Althreduin
Werewolf Psychic

Quote:
*just waiting for someone to vote for Shasta so three people are tied *
Old 07-11-2008, 05:00 PM   #478
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

Quote:
Oh heck.

++ Form

....did I just create another tie?
I believe so. You're a terrible person.
Old 07-11-2008, 05:00 PM   #479
Formendacil
Dead Serious

Well, given where it seems I was headed, I'm doubly glad I voted Mith--both because I've no desire to die yet, and secondly because the only confirmed Innocent (at least in this skull) is me, thus bad repercussions for the village if I die.

Still suspicious of both Rikae and Sally, but I'm just fair-minded enough to admit that I could be allowing their votes to cloud my vision. Of the two, Rikae remains vastly the more suspicious, as Sally has given more, better reasoning throughout.
Old 07-11-2008, 05:00 PM   #480
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Look at Agan's grin...