The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Fun and Games > Middle-earth Mirth
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-06-2011, 03:15 PM   #281
Valier
Twisted Taleswapper

Valier is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
im posting this with one hand while i get screamed at....

i don't like the bandwagon for nessa

++ Skip

I think hes trying to be a clever wolf.
Old 01-06-2011, 03:15 PM   #282
Macalaure
Fading Fëanorion

Macalaure is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Macalaure is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Macalaure is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Nessa -> Rikae
BG -> Nessa
Lottie -> Kitanna
Skip -> elronds_daughter
Eomer -> Nessa(2)
Shasta -> Lottie
Pitch -> Nessa(3)

With the exception of Shasta, I dislike all of these votes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shasta
Pardon, but I don't believe that's what I said. What I was saying was 'the Sallywagon sprang up very late in the day - it wouldn't surprise me if there was a wolf in the running at the time'. I didn't say 'every person in the running before Sally is a wolf'.
I know, but just because one wolf is in the running is no reason to come up with a new bandwaggon, since there were others to choose from. The Sally-waggon is only very suspicious if everybody else running was evil.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pitch
Please explain how you can say my vote for Nessa was "baddie-baddie-bad-bad" (which is an awful lot of emphasis) when you know neither my role (which you very obviously don't) nor hers.
Pretty bad case of bandwaggoning by someone I suspect on someone I think is innocent.

Quote:
I object to that nickname.

Quote:
I just don't get how you got there in the first place.
Mostly some things others said about you, Kitanna in particular, if I remember correctly. I'll have to go see for myself, which I probably won't be able to before the deadline.

So, Boro, how's toDay different to yesterDay? I'm waiting for something.

Out of the ones who have a vote, I could imagine going for Lottie myself (apart from what I said before, her vote for Kitanna is a very easy way out, which could be wolfish). Otherwise, I'd prefer Boro, but could also go for Pitch, Eomer, or Skip.

edit: crossed with Valier, there's another vote I like.

Last edited by Macalaure; 01-06-2011 at 03:21 PM.
Macalaure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2011, 03:22 PM   #283
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.
So once again going through it (sorry for the lists)

Not voting (green zone): Kitanna (I suggest we keep her for toMorrow, if anybody considers it still valuable to lynch her, we might do so, or just let her modfired - which I would perhaps prefer now), Agan (her reasoning about my innocence sounds like something a Wolf would not come up with - the thing about 14 minutes and non-native speakers), Shasta, Mac (for both see above)

Not voting (for not enough data): LG, Mänwe

Not voting (yellow zone, i.e. not strong enough reason to want to see them gone): wilwa, Loslote

Could vote (if none of my top suspects seem to be available for lynching etc.): Rikae, Nessa, BG, Hubbard (written in decreasing order of willingness to lynch them)

Would like to vote: possibly Skip, possibly Lommy, possibly Valier, possibly Boro

Unsure to which cathegory to put: Inzil, Pitchwife (status pending...)

EDIT: xed since my last
"Should the story say 'he ate bread,' the dramatic producer can only show 'a piece of bread' according to his taste or fancy, but the hearer of the story will think of bread in general and picture it in some form of his own." -On Fairy-Stories
Legate of Amon Lanc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2011, 03:23 PM   #284
A Little Green
Leaf-clad Lady

A Little Green is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.A Little Green is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.A Little Green is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.A Little Green is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Send a message via MSN to A Little Green
I have to vote now so Lommy has time to post and vote too. I'm quite unsure about this, but it's the best lead I have and I'm lacking the time to come up with something better reasoned:

++ Inziladun

EDIT: x-ed with Legzy
"But some stories, small, simple ones about setting out on adventures or people doing wonders, tales of miracles and monsters, have outlasted all the people who told them, and some of them have outlasted the lands in which they were created."
A Little Green is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2011, 03:26 PM   #285
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Valier View Post
im posting this with one hand while i get screamed at....

i don't like the bandwagon for nessa

++ Skip

I think hes trying to be a clever wolf.
Well this one I actually don't like, not at all, precious. Like, I suspect skip myself, but for some reason, I get the vibes from Val as if she was just picking him while at the same point staying away from the bandwaggons which are rolling.

*sigh* This is all too difficult... I might be for voting Valier, if that has any chance to get through. I am unsure about the Nessa-wagon myself, just because I am not sure if I understand correctly all the reasons of those who have put it in motion.

EDIT: x-ed with Bob.
"Should the story say 'he ate bread,' the dramatic producer can only show 'a piece of bread' according to his taste or fancy, but the hearer of the story will think of bread in general and picture it in some form of his own." -On Fairy-Stories
Old 01-06-2011, 03:27 PM   #286
Aganzir
Woman of Secret Shadow

Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thinlómien View Post
I don't really know what she achieved by analysing everybody's actions towards herself. (But I guess analysing that is better than analysing nothing.)
Gosh you make me sound so self-centered! My innocence is the only thing I know for sure. And I hope people's reactions towards me and my little cobbler show might prove useful after I'm dead.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pitchwife View Post
the sallywagon could point to a wolf among the people leading in the tally before her; which would be me, Zil and Nessa (plus possibly Lottie, but she had only two votes). At the time the sallywagon got rolling for good, Zil and I had three votes each, Nessa four.
I don't particularly like this... I guess it's possible a wolf or two wanted to save a fellow or two from the gallows, but you have to keep in mind we have only so many wolves, and there was a lot of cross posting. And the fact that at least in my opinion there were much better reasons for voting for sally than anyone else.

I'd much prefer some coherent thoughts instead of scattered from ed (like a list or something).

Also here's an updated tally with Nessa's vote in it.

Nessa - Rikae
BG - Nessa
Lottie - Kit
skip - ed
Eomer - Nessa 2
Shasta - Lottie
Pitch - Nessa 3
Val - skip
Green - Inzil

Left: ed, Mac, Kit?, wilwa, Zil, Rikae, Boro, Mänwe, Legate, Lommy, Agan, Cailín

Last edited by Aganzir; 01-06-2011 at 03:28 PM. Reason: xed since Mac & updated the tally
Aganzir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2011, 03:28 PM   #287
Cailín
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Cailín has just left Hobbiton.
A list in random order

Innocent For Now

Eomer of the Rohirrim - I know him so well that I am sure I'd see through him.

Macalaure - Like I said earlier, he seemed to be thinking more or less along the same lines as yours truly.

Shastanis Althreduin - I think I might cry if he turns out to be guilty.

Kitanna - Obvious

Inziladun - Can anyone fake amateur paranoid wolf that way? I am not convinced.

Legate of Amon Lanc - He seems to respond to events in a very innocentish manner.

Thinlómien - I never suspect Lommy. Who could?

Aganzir - I like her approach and hope she is on the side of good.

Pitchwife - feels genuine.

Rikae - aggressive but interesting.

Guilty For Now

Loslote - as mentioned in my previous post

wilwarin538 - tricksy and difficult to read, but I do not trust her (and normally I always do)

Nessa Telrunya - not committed, quiet.

Boromir88 - makes me uncomfortable.

A Little Green - under the radar and therefore evil

Blind Guardian - under the radar and therefore evil

Skip Spence - bewildering

Mänwe - under the radar and therefore evil

Valier - I remember Valier quite well from the distant past. She does not give me a fuzzy feeling as of yet.
Cailín is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2011, 03:31 PM   #288
Rikae
Mellifluous Maia

Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
I have to notice that both our psychics feel uneasy about Inzil and Legate.
Rikae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2011, 03:37 PM   #289
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.
So

Nessa -> Rikae
BG -> Nessa
Lottie -> Kitanna
Skip -> elronds_daughter
Eomer -> Nessa 2
Shasta -> Lottie
Pitch -> Nessa 3
Valier -> Skip
Greenie -> Zil

Out of the people already voted, I would prefer Zil, followed by Skip and then Ed. Nessa is making me have second thoughts again because the fact that people are so eager to bandwagon against her without any very solid evidence makes me think she might be innocent after all.

edit: xed with Rikae who is
Thinlómien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2011, 03:38 PM   #290
Aganzir
Woman of Secret Shadow

Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Out of those who already have votes, I'd prefer either skip or ed. I could also see myself voting for Nessa, but that'd be more like getting rid of an enigma because I don't really have an opinion on her. Also Pitch and Green are doable.

Last edited by Aganzir; 01-06-2011 at 03:38 PM. Reason: xed with Lommy
Old 01-06-2011, 03:40 PM   #291
Rikae
Mellifluous Maia

Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
++Loslote

For her Kitanna vote and for being a submarine. Also considered ED, whose vote yesterDay was a bit too safe and who is also a submarine, but my gut feeling is better about her.

Nessa could too easily be an ordo who made comments without thinking them through completely, and is also a bit too popular a target at the moment for my liking.

Edit - X'd with all since me.
Old 01-06-2011, 03:40 PM   #292
Inziladun
Gruesome Spectre

Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Ok. I've skimmed over the past couple of hours. I guess no one wants to vote for Kitanna, eh? I wouldn't think her gift would be effective if she dies as the result of a modfire, so I guess we're just going to lose a Gifted, not with a bang but with a whimper?

I'm not impressed with Val's vote. Really, a skipwolf should have known that pulling a stunt like what he did might invite Seer attention. If he is evil, we might soon know. Looks like a bad vote to me.

Last edited by Inziladun; 01-06-2011 at 03:40 PM. Reason: x/d with Lommy, Agan, and Rikae
Inziladun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2011, 03:41 PM   #293
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.
++Zil aka Nasty Dan

Let's see how this shapes up.

Btw I promise to be more contributive and analytic toMorrow (unless I'm still feverish which I hope not to be) if I'm still alive. Not very proud of my participation atm.

Might be hanging around until more or less until the deadline and commenting.

edit: xed with Rik and Zil
Old 01-06-2011, 03:44 PM   #294
Rikae
Mellifluous Maia

Ok, what with the psychics and the creepiness of Zil's last post, I'm gonna...

--Loslote

++Inzil

Let's see what happens.
Old 01-06-2011, 03:45 PM   #295
Aganzir
Woman of Secret Shadow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inziladun View Post
I guess no one wants to vote for Kitanna, eh? I wouldn't think her gift would be effective if she dies as the result of a modfire, so I guess we're just going to lose a Gifted, not with a bang but with a whimper?
Do we rather lose a gifted, or risk her also taking another innocent with her? I'd rather lose just Kit, the odds of her hitting a baddie being what they are.

Quote:
Really, a skipwolf should have known that pulling a stunt like what he did might invite Seer attention. If he is evil, we might soon know.
Skip is proving to be quite a bold player so I wouldn't put it past him.

Nessa - Rikae
BG - Nessa
Lottie - Kit
skip - ed
Eomer - Nessa 2
Shasta - Lottie
Pitch - Nessa 3
Val - skip
Green - Inzil
Rikae - Lottie 2
Lommy - Inzil 2
Rikae - --Lottie 1
Rikae - Inzil 3

Left: ed, Mac, Kit?, wilwa, Zil, Boro, Mänwe, Legate, Agan, Cailín

Last edited by Aganzir; 01-06-2011 at 03:45 PM. Reason: xed with Rikae & corrected the tally
Old 01-06-2011, 03:45 PM   #296
Cailín
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Cailín has just left Hobbiton.
Because she seems so eager to wash her hands of all the blood that has been and will be spilled:

++ Loslote

Last edited by Cailín; 01-06-2011 at 03:47 PM. Reason: cross-posted from #293 onwards
Cailín is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2011, 03:45 PM   #297
Macalaure
Fading Fëanorion

Macalaure is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Macalaure is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Macalaure is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inziladun View Post
Ok. I've skimmed over the past couple of hours. I guess no one wants to vote for Kitanna, eh? I wouldn't think her gift would be effective if she dies as the result of a modfire, so I guess we're just going to lose a Gifted, not with a bang but with a whimper?
Is she removed toDay or modfired tomorrow? It's the latter, as far as I understand, so no rush toDay. It's better that we got our own brains going (also considering what we will know toMorrow), than to just lay back and rely on Kitanna.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inzil
I'm not impressed with Val's vote. Really, a skipwolf should have known that pulling a stunt like what he did might invite Seer attention. If he is evil, we might soon know. Looks like a bad vote to me.
That is a good point.

Last edited by Macalaure; 01-06-2011 at 03:47 PM. Reason: did a lot of crossing there
Old 01-06-2011, 03:46 PM   #298
Macalaure
Fading Fëanorion

++Loslote

Only sensible option from my point of view right now.
Old 01-06-2011, 03:46 PM   #299
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Actually going to sleep because I suddenly started feeling very tired. Mr Mod, would you like to do me a special favour and send me an sms and tell who died and who they were so I see it if/when I'm still awake at the DL?

Leaving you guys with this:

Nessa -> Rikae
BG -> Nessa
Lottie -> Kitanna
Skip -> elronds_daughter
Eomer -> Nessa 2
Shasta -> Lottie
Pitch -> Nessa 3
Valier -> Skip
Greenie -> Zil
Rikae -> Lottie 2
Lommy -> Zil 2
Rikae -- Lottie 1
Rikae -> Zil 3
Cailín -> Lottie 2
Mac -> Lottie 3

Nessa & Zil & Lottie 3, Skip & Ed & Rikae & Kit 1.

Good night!

edit: xed with Mac, edited
Old 01-06-2011, 03:47 PM   #300
Aganzir
Woman of Secret Shadow

I agree Zil's last post was creepy... mainly because I really disagree with him.
Old 01-06-2011, 03:48 PM   #301
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Of all people who have vote, I would be for Rikae. Not sure if that's doable, though. I am definitely not for Inzil - especially after his last post (in contrary to some others). Likewise, I am not so much for Lottie, like I said earlier.

I guess I will just wait and see where to place my vote.

EDIT: x-ed with Agan
Old 01-06-2011, 03:50 PM   #302
Inziladun
Gruesome Spectre

Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
I don't particularly want to vote for Lottie, but I would to save myself.
Old 01-06-2011, 03:51 PM   #303
elronds_daughter
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

elronds_daughter has just left Hobbiton.
I have a feeling my "maybe I should just be quiet so I won't say something stupid in my second game" is working just as well as "maybe I should talk a lot so I don't seem suspiciously quiet" last time. Phooey.

Thus, I'm not inclined to let considerations and votes for me alter my opinion of people.

I still think Inzil's mostly all right.

So.

++ Lottie

She seems the shadiest of all. Her Kit vote after the consensus had been to not vote that direction just seems to much like an easy way out.
Old 01-06-2011, 03:52 PM   #304
Rikae
Mellifluous Maia

So, Legate, what happened to Nessa? Or were you ever willing to vote her after all?
Old 01-06-2011, 03:52 PM   #305
Aganzir
Woman of Secret Shadow

I find it amusing how Zil's last post splits opinions.

Does anyone else consider voting for skip or ed?

Last edited by Aganzir; 01-06-2011 at 03:52 PM. Reason: xed since ed
Old 01-06-2011, 03:53 PM   #306
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rikae View Post
So, Legate, what happened to Nessa? Or were you ever willing to vote her after all?
Well she is the one I am likely voting, by elimination method, as you can see.
Old 01-06-2011, 03:54 PM   #307
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aganzir View Post
I find it amusing how Zil's last post splits opinions.

Might vote skip, but not really sure if I a) want now, b) if it makes any sense given how many votes other people have etc. So probably not really.
Old 01-06-2011, 03:55 PM   #308
Inziladun
Gruesome Spectre

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aganzir View Post
I could vote for ed, just because of her easy, go-with-the-flow votes.

Last edited by Inziladun; 01-06-2011 at 03:55 PM. Reason: x/d with Legate x 2
Old 01-06-2011, 03:55 PM   #309
Aganzir
Woman of Secret Shadow

Nessa - Rikae
BG - Nessa
Lottie - Kit
skip - ed
Eomer - Nessa 2
Shasta - Lottie
Pitch - Nessa 3
Val - skip
Green - Inzil
Rikae - Lottie 2
Lommy - Inzil 2
Rikae - --Lottie 1
Rikae - Inzil 3
Cailín - Lottie 2
Mac - Lottie 3
ed - Lottie 4

Left: Kit?, wilwa, Zil, Boro, Mänwe, Legate, Agan

Looks like it's down between Lottie, Inzil and Nessa then... I'm probably going for Nessa or maybe Inzil, not Lottie.
Old 01-06-2011, 03:56 PM   #310
Aganzir
Woman of Secret Shadow

++Nessa

I don't really suspect any of them but she's the quietest.

Nessa - Rikae
BG - Nessa
Lottie - Kit
skip - ed
Eomer - Nessa 2
Shasta - Lottie
Pitch - Nessa 3
Val - skip
Green - Inzil
Rikae - Lottie 2
Lommy - Inzil 2
Rikae - --Lottie 1
Rikae - Inzil 3
Cailín - Lottie 2
Mac - Lottie 3
ed - Lottie 4
Agan - Nessa 4

Left: Kit?, wilwa, Zil, Boro, Mänwe, Legate
Old 01-06-2011, 03:57 PM   #311
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Hey, noticed LRH's vote. Well, so if it goes like that, then

++Nessa

And hope my thoughts and feelings and so on are correct. And that others vote well.

EDIT: x-ed with Agan
Old 01-06-2011, 03:59 PM   #312
Nessa Telrunya
Shade of Carn Dûm

Nessa Telrunya is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Send a message via AIM to Nessa Telrunya
I see why Inzil looks so suspicious, after his strange comments at the beginning of the day and the wavy reasoning in his last post. But, Lottie, I don't understand. It just seems like a convenient bandwagon.

And of course, I'm still suspicious of Rikae, but her input is a bit redeeming.

However, Cailin seems to be chiming in at the perfect moment to be inconspicuous.
Old 01-06-2011, 04:00 PM   #313
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Hmph, should have voted later...

edit: as in, hope for not being randomly outvoted now...
Old 01-06-2011, 04:00 PM   #314
Inziladun
Gruesome Spectre

Legate 180.

++Lottie
Old 01-06-2011, 04:01 PM   #315
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Location: Wearing rat's coat, crowskin, crossed staves in a field behaving as the wind behaves
Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via MSN to Nogrod
Deadline!

Wait a moment...
Nogrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2011, 04:04 PM   #316
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Location: Wearing rat's coat, crowskin, crossed staves in a field behaving as the wind behaves
Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Lottie will be dead in a moment...
Old 01-06-2011, 04:22 PM   #317
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

N3, 4583 Valian time

Melkor looked very pleased. Actually he looked very much excited. And he couldn’t restraint himself from telling the Maiar why he was on such high spirits. He just had to share his fortunes.

“Excuse me for being a bit late, but I have been busy lately. I am the ever watchful, you know. The Firstborn are here! And the Valar have no clue – but I! And they are mortal at least in a way that they can be killed! I’ve tested that… Oh the day!

And you know what? Oromë is looking for them, sure, but he’s looking for them in totally wrong places… and I’ve set lying whispers around that those captured from among the Quendi – as they call themselves – were taken by a Great Rider with a wild horse to devour them… Cunning, eh?

I’ve brought hundreds of them here into the pits of Utumno, breaking them, corrupting and enslaving them with slow arts of cruelty. They will be the backbone of my swarming armies to come! My… dorks! My Quendblins! Hmm… I need to work on their name still.

But ha! Someone of you said earlier that Ilúvatar’s plans outshine mine and that it’s his blueprint that in the end is behind everything. Now I wonder did he plan to create the firstborn only to give me an army of slaves? Think about that…”

Melkor looked triumphant.

“So how about you Loslote? I’m in such a good mood I’d be happy to grant you a quick and only freakingly anguishing death."

Lottie stared back on the mighty Melkor and opened her mouth in a subdued defiance.

"Some things are in our control and others not. Things in our control are our opinions, pursuits, desires, aversions, and, in a word, whatever are our own actions. Things not in our control are body, reputation, command, and, in one word, whatever are not our own actions.

So what others - other prisoners or you - decide is outside my control and thus nothing to me.

We are disturbed, not by things themselves, but by the thoughts which we form concerning them. Death, for instance, is not terrible, else it would have appeared so to Sally as well. But the terror consists in our notion of death that it is terrible. When therefore we are hindered, or disturbed, or grieved, let us never attribute it to others, but to ourselves; that is, to our own principles. An uninstructed person will lay the fault of his own bad condition upon others. Someone just starting instruction will lay the fault on himself. Some who is perfectly instructed will place blame neither on others nor on herself."

"Okay... stop that gibberish." Melkor said quietly. And then he vanished.

Everyone was still, just looking for what would happen.

Nothing happened.

Many had started to feel the insecure relief, when Lottie suddenly started to melt in front of their eyes: first the skin, then the revealed organs, and finally the bones. All that was left of her was a pool of rainbow-coloured liquid on the floor which in turn started slowly turning black and evaporating as it did.

Lottie had been an ordinary innocent.

The living:

Eomer of the Rohirrim - An associate of Ossë, speciality: lochs and ponds, great alliance with frogs
elronds_daughter - A spirit of no-nonsense
Macalaure - Carmótar, the Maia of housework
Shastanis Althreduin - A spirit of water
Kitanna - A spirit of all things unimaginative
wilwarin538 - Belongs to Vána, cares for all the small garden dwelling, winged creatures
Nessa Telrunya - The patron of town criers across the world
Pitchwife - Tender of Oromë's dogs
Inziladun - A vassal of Námo, serving as a warden in Mandos
Rikae - A spirit in charge of silicon & static electricity
Boromir88 - A Maia of Mandos, the interpretter of dreams
A Little Green - A spirit in charge of aliens, hummingbirds and farming
Blind Guardian -A spirit of evil ways
Skip Spence - A follower of Aule with an avid interest in behavioural sciences
Mänwe - A spirit of short acquintances
Valier - A handmaiden of Yavanna, collecting the morning dew from the petals of flowers
Legate of Amon Lanc - A Maia associated with the unfathomed depths of the world's seas but also with the waters surrounding Arda in the outer space...
Thinlómien - A maia who lives in Lórien and paints the dreams of those sleeping there
Aganzir - Aka. Firebeck, a spirit of fire
Caílin - A spirit of secrecy

The dead:

Satansaloser2005 - (Innocent) A spirit of ducks, muffins and cookies; reduced to ashes and dust on D1.
Ozban – (Innocent) Yavanna's underling with inferiority complex. Caretaker of undergrowth and small bushes in general, especially blackberries; ripped to pieces, dried and unintentionally pulverized on N2.
Kath – (Innocent) A spirit of nostalgy; ripped to pieces, dried and unintentionally pulverized on N2.
Loslote - (Innocent) A spirit of sunshine and rainbows; melted down and turned into vapor on D2.

It's Night 3 now.

Hush everyone, except those who have legal errands...

Last edited by Nogrod; 01-06-2011 at 04:51 PM.
Old 01-07-2011, 04:00 PM   #318
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

D3, 4599 Valian time

The Maiar woke up to realize that the spell was gone. But there was the tumult of war up upon them. Some flashes of lighting even penetrated the vastness of the structures above them and for seconds lighted the hall of the dungeon they had been living for the last decades. More frightening than that though was the shaking of the grounds of the mountain itself which shook the floor and sent huge pieces of rock tumbling down the darkness. They couldn’t see the boulders approaching until the very last moment, but they could hear them. And when they fell the impacts deafened their ears.

“Pull back! Pull back!” Manwë cried.

“Retreat to the corridors!” Aganzir yelled.

“Everyone to safety!” Inzil wailed.

“We’ll be free?” Nessa whispered to herself, standing like hypnotized in the middle of the Hall, until Rikae pulled her back from the hailstorm of boulders raining down on them.

Fire and brimstone indeed.

Suddenly there was a loud and deep crack, filling the air from the lowest pitches none of them could hear to the very highest over their capabilities of perception. Something above them trembled, sending a number of smaller rocks and dust on them… then everything started shaking for real. With a loud boom and then ever thickening screeches something moved on top of them in the darkness… and the voice grew ever louder. The lowest frequencies trembled them bodily from inside.

“Wait! Kitanna!” Legate cried.

“She’s there! In the hall!” Shasta spotted her too.

“Run baby, run!” wilwa begged her.

But Kitanna just stood there. Even in the dim lighting they could see the gleaming tears flowing down her cheeks as she stared at the others – but she didn’t make a move.

There was a loud and low boom somewhere over above them. The walls of the dungeon shook violently throwing the Maiar on their backs.

“I will not use the damned gift of Melkor against you! I’m not ready to kill an innocent!” They heard Kitanna yelling from the distance.

It felt like the end of the world. The roof finally collapsed and came tumbling down. Tons after tons of solid rock fell down and sent a cloud of dust of pulverized stone all over the corridor the prisoners had taken refuge in. The pressure-wave sent them flying tens of meters back in the corridor.

Gathering themselves they could hear some loud crashes and screeches from above, then there was another violent shaking of the whole mountain sending them flying around in the corridor once again. But slowly the bangs died into a deep tremor. And then it was quiet.

It was totally quiet.

~*~

Boro was not sure he was alive or not… but he was conscious. Slowly, to his short-lived relief, he managed to move his hand. I’m not dead, but is that actually better?, he thought to himself. But suddenly, exploring his body with his hand, he came to a parchment in his pocket. He forced himself up and eyed the paper.

“Hey! Everyone! Listen to this! I have the last message from Kitanna in my pocket! She must have slipped it there while I slept…”

He could hear others working their way up in the dim-lit corridor. He read the letter out aloud.

“If a spirit possessed a letter which she knew or believed contained information concerning what she had to consider the blessedness for her being, but the written characters were thin and faded, and the handwriting almost illegible, she would read it and reread it, with anxiety and disquiet certainly, but with passion. At one moment she would get one meaning out of it, the next another. When she was quite sure she had managed to read a word, she would interpret everything in the light of that word. But she would never pass beyond the same uncertainty with which she began. She would stare, more and more anxiously, but the more she stared the less she saw; sometimes her eyes filled with tears, but the more that happened, again the less she saw. In due course the writing would became weaker and less distinct; finally the paper itself would crumble away and she’d have nothing left but eyes blinded with tears.”

That kind of nailed it for everyone.

After a moment’s silence Blind Guardian finally dared to make the obvious question: “Anyone else missing?”

They all looked around. Suddenly Greenie fell on her knees to the floor and started shaking.

“Oh my, Lommy is not here…” Cailín muttered. Legate fell on his knees as well. You traitors kill the two I care about… this is getting personal... he muttered.

“I can’t see Valier either” Boro whispered.

“So their bodies have been buried down under the collapsed mountain?” elrond’s daughter asked looking at the rocky wall that now stood at the end of the corridor, in place of the hall they had retreated from..

“Well, they’re somewhere there…” Aganzir whispered, her voice breaking.

There was a pressing silence.

“So what now?” Mac asked and knew there would be no easy answer to his question.

Greenie stood up and tried to wipe her tears but it was in vain for more poured out uncontrollably. “I’ll sing to my sister” she said her voice trembling, “… and to Valier. You know the Misery song? Anyone? I’ll sing the soprano-solo.”

Eomer, Cailín, Boromir, Macalaure, Rikae, wilwa, Legate and Aganzir arranged themselves around Greenie. And they sang of their misery. They sang from the bottom of their heart’s misery. The narrow corridor echoed with heavenly voices of the Maiar. It seemed that even the dim yellowish light got a little more radiant with the song.

But as the last chord of the song died down in the corridor, it was painfully quiet again.

The living:

Eomer of the Rohirrim - An associate of Ossë, speciality: lochs and ponds, great alliance with frogs
elronds_daughter - A spirit of no-nonsense
Macalaure - Carmótar, the Maia of housework
Shastanis Althreduin - A spirit of water
wilwarin538 - Belongs to Vána, cares for all the small garden dwelling, winged creatures
Nessa Telrunya - The patron of town criers across the world
Pitchwife - Tender of Oromë's dogs
Inziladun - A vassal of Námo, serving as a warden in Mandos
Rikae - A spirit in charge of silicon & static electricity
Boromir88 - A Maia of Mandos, the interpretter of dreams
A Little Green - A spirit in charge of aliens, hummingbirds and farming
Blind Guardian -A spirit of evil ways
Skip Spence - A follower of Aule with an avid interest in behavioural sciences
Mänwe - A spirit of short acquintances
Legate of Amon Lanc - A Maia associated with the unfathomed depths of the world's seas but also with the waters surrounding Arda in the outer space...
Aganzir - Aka. irebeck, a spirit of fire
Caílin - A spirit of secrecy

The dead:

Satansaloser2005 - (Innocent) A spirit of ducks, muffins and cookies; reduced to ashes and dust on D1.
Ozban – (Innocent) Yavanna's underling with inferiority complex. Caretaker of undergrowth and small bushes in general, especially blackberries; ripped to pieces, dried and unintentionally pulverized on N2.
Kath – (Innocent) A spirit of nostalgy; ripped to pieces, dried and unintentionally pulverized on N2.
Loslote - (Innocent) A spirit of sunshine and rainbows; melted down and turned into vapor on D2.
Kitanna - (Hunter) A spirit of all things unimaginative; committed a willful suicide on N3.
Thinlómien - (innocent) A maia who lives in Lórien and paints the dreams of those sleeping there; her destiny was buried with Utumno collapsing over her body on N3.
Valier - (Innocent) A handmaiden of Yavanna, collecting the morning dew from the petals of flowers; her destiny was buried with Utumno collapsing over her body on N3.

Day 3 has begun.

Last edited by Nogrod; 01-07-2011 at 04:09 PM.
Old 01-07-2011, 04:15 PM   #319
Aganzir
Woman of Secret Shadow

A quick post because I should be mourning beside Lommy's corpse, not here

Inzil what was your Legate-180 about? I kept refreshing the thread at the deadline and his vote appeared only when my clock already said it was 12:01, so he really waited till the last possible minute. I can't help wondering if both he and Nessa are actually wolves and he decided to buy them one more night with a double kill.

I am not particularly surprised about Lommy's death because almost everybody found her innocent, but Valier is more difficult. She's certainly not a no trace kill but I'm not sure if they thought she was the seer, found her too dangerous to keep alive or just wanted to frame someone.

Okay I need to go now, will be back later.
Old 01-07-2011, 04:15 PM   #320
Inziladun
Gruesome Spectre

Ach, I'm sorry Lottie. I let myself be swayed at the last second by Nessa. Her defense of you looked genuine. Hats off to her if she's a wolf.

I can understand where the desire to lynch me might be present. If you feel you just can't deal with the uncertainty, or you can't find anyone else who looks worse, go for it. I rather wish you wouldn't, because it won't net you a baddie, and these double kills are fast mounting up.
I'm off work tomorrow, so I'll do my best to be as productive as possible.

Last edited by Inziladun; 01-07-2011 at 04:16 PM. Reason: x/d with Agan