The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Discussions > The Movies
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-08-2004, 08:36 PM   #1
Annantar
Pile O'Bones

Annantar has just left Hobbiton.
Pipe Do you think Tolkien would be insulted by the LOTR movies?

Just this morning I asked myself if Tolkien would be insulted by the making of the 3 LOTR movies. Even though they're great (don't get me wrong I LOVE THEM),But maybe that's not the way he imagined his world at all in his mind, and maybe he might feel that they could have ruined his creations by making perminit illusions in the readers mind, than what they could have made up themselves just by reading the books personaly. Sometimes I'm upset with the making of the movies, because Middle earth turned out to be different in many ways than what the movie showed, but yet They explain alot in many ways also- Like I had a very confusing idea of what Lothlorien would look like and I couldn't ever get a clear image of what I wanted it to be, and when I saw the movie, they made it sooo beautiful, that it was better than I could have ever expected. So do you agree or dissagree? Some people do, and many don't so n-e answere wuld work. THANX!<P>*edited for chat-speak subject line<p>[ 12:19 PM January 10, 2004: Message edited by: Mister Underhill ]