The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Fun and Games > Middle-earth Mirth
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 02-25-2009, 10:48 PM   #521
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Hansy's analysis of a few people, put in italics, followed by my reaction in regular type. Does not necessarily reflect my opinion of the players he's analyzing, but rather my comment on his logic. Thanks for listening, and enjoy my post.

Durelin - Right now, who I'm more confident of their innocence. Seems the most sincere to me.

Just to point it out for you, Durie's a girl. Just so you know. She does indeed seem sincere, but just because she seems sincere and kind doesn't mean she's innocent, so keep that in mind.

Feanor of the Peredhil - For someone as strong-minded as her, getting a vote from narrowing down the player list is kind of strange... she didn't stand out anymore, that adds to my suspicions.

So Fea's not Fea enough for you? Erm....okay? So she's not allowed to be logical now, I see. Thanks for clearing that up. Don't worry, Fea, we all still love you, even if you go sane on us.

Isabellkya - I'd still go innocent for her; she's usually more agressive when she plays evil. So I like the general smooth appearance of her.

But players change styles, so saying that she is acting normally is saying nothing, especially for a good player like Izzy.

the phantom & Brinniel - Seeing them both involved on Gwath's and Nogrod's lynches, they barely interacted with each other, I'd think this is a good shot on a evil duo... You could throw in Fea here, maybe Day 1's occurance was meant to make her look worse, I don't know.

I won't really disagree with this, but both of them voting for the same people doesn't mean they're on the evil team together. Maybe a bishop/rook and a cobbler, Queen and cobbler, or Queen and bishop/rook, but Brinn and Phantom are, at least in my opinion, too smooth to be that obvious, especially when they could have let Fea die (I know Brinn's cool with throwing her packmates under the bus and I'm sure Phantom would be too, which of course isn't to speak ill of them) and gone on about their business.

satansaloser2005 - She's playing it different than last game; I can't relate her with anyone, but I can't stop thinking she's evil. Add Eomer's death, you have your Black Queen. Do us all a favor and kill that black bishop/rook tonight. If you don't, they'll outnumber everyone soon anyway, giving you no room.

Now I don't mind being suspected, but this is rather silly. Hun, of course I am playing differently from last game. Last game I was evil, this game I'm not. And how does Eomer's death implicate me? I mean yes, he voted me, but believe me, I'm rarely that transparent with my kills. Besides, I would rather have taken out other players of whom I was afraid, or whom I thought would be a good no-trace kill. Eomer's not my kill style (not that you'll believe me, of course, and I wouldn't expect you to) so his death tells you nothing. However, I'd love to help you get rid of the black bishop or black rook. Even the Queen, if I can manage it. Just give me a bit more time and I can guarantee I'll be able to help the village.

Lariren Shadow - Went back from "probably innocent" to "I have no idea". Her posts weren't conclusive enough for me, they were giving mixed impressions.

Okay....not much to say if he doesn't have anything really to say.

wilwarin538 - When she posted her list on day 2 I agreed with most of her points, from what I've seen I'm not worried so far, if she's a wolf it's playing the backup member or something.

Or she's playing it carefully. Remember that a good wolf knows who to suspect in order to look good, if that makes any sense at all, and just because you agree with someone doesn't mean they're innocent.

Rikae - Her reasoning is, well, reasonable all the time. I don't know how she plays evil, but this Rikae looks more or less like the innocent Rikae from last game.

Dude, a reasonable Rikae is an evil Rikae. They're all evil Rikaes. Seriously though, Rikae's always fairly reasonable, at least in her arguments, even if she acts like a complete whackjob.

Eonwe - Just didn't see enough, though I remember him raising my eyebrow on Day 1.

Understandable. He's not been around a whole lot.

Mnemosyne - Now I'm starting to worry about her.. when Izzy asked her about the "Who're we killing today?" bit she said right after Night 2, it could be taken as a cobbler hinting to the wolves.

Doubtful. Mnemo's just playful like that. She could be evil in some form, but I doubt that would be one of the indicators of her role.

Kath - Nothing stands out from what I've seen, really. Overall innocent feeling.

Again, nothing really said, so nothing to say.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hansy
++The Phantom
Bwah?!!?!?!?!??

EDIT: x'd since my last
satansaloser2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2009, 10:49 PM   #522
Isabellkya
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Isabellkya is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Mnemosyne -
Had I not been selfish and wanting to live another Day; we would not of had similar votes for all of the Days. xD

X'd with Sally
Old 02-25-2009, 10:51 PM   #523
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
I wouldn't be happy about it, but if it would relieve the tie situation I suppose I could switch to Brinn. However, Hansy is my first priority so I'd have to be more convinced about her guilt (and have a guarantee that she would 'win' the lynch) before I would retract and vote her. Basically it's not going to happen, but like I said, I freaking hate ties.
Old 02-25-2009, 10:57 PM   #524
Mnemosyne
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Mnemosyne is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Mnemosyne is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Send a message via MSN to Mnemosyne Send a message via Yahoo to Mnemosyne
To Sally:

Yeah, and the thing is, since this is my first game I don't know if my vibes are accurate or not. I reread all of Brinn's posts and really the only thing that I find iffy about her is how her votes have both ended up being quite powerful--which is no evidence at all!

I'd like to hear some defense from Hansy. Will look at his posts in more detail as he's another vibey sort.
Old 02-25-2009, 11:00 PM   #525
Brinniel
Reflection of Darkness

Location: Polishing the stars. Well, somebody has to do it; they're looking a little bit dull.
Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mnemo
See, the thing is I could totally see phantom Night One being like, "Let's always vote the same way every Day! No one will suspect us!" And he'd be able to pull it off, too.
If you knew me at all, then you'd know I never take orders from the phantom. The minute he starts to boss me around, I cover my ears and scream, "NO!"

Yeah, that's just how I am.
Old 02-25-2009, 11:00 PM   #526
Brinniel
Reflection of Darkness

Location: Polishing the stars. Well, somebody has to do it; they're looking a little bit dull.
Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
And before I forget:

++Nilp
Old 02-25-2009, 11:01 PM   #527
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brinniel View Post
If you knew me at all, then you'd know I never take orders from the phantom. The minute he starts to boss me around, I cover my ears and scream, "NO!"

Yeah, that's just how I am.
Heh. She has a point.
Old 02-25-2009, 11:01 PM   #528
Mnemosyne
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Mnemosyne is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Mnemosyne is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Well, IF you went along with it he'd be able to pull it off.
Old 02-25-2009, 11:08 PM   #529
Hansy
Animated Skeleton

Hansy has just left Hobbiton.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mnemosyne View Post
I'd like to hear some defense from Hansy. Will look at his posts in more detail as he's another vibey sort.
Defense from what? Sally's entitled to her opinion on my logic, I don't think I have much to say about it. Most of her reactions are based on her previous knowledge of the players in this game - except for Izzy, where she does the exact opposite, underestimating the patterns and looking for clean behaviours.
About TP and Brinn, the fact is that they both voted last-second, on both days, and for the same person. And it's just like you said, it's something that TP could easily double bluff, "oh he wouldn't be that obvious, would he?"
Hansy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2009, 11:10 PM   #530
Hansy
Animated Skeleton

Hansy has just left Hobbiton.
x'd since Brinn's #525. And I'm yet to know what we're supposed to do with this
Hansy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2009, 11:11 PM   #531
the phantom
Beloved Shadow

the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Send a message via MSN to the phantom
Eye

The four people who are tied-

tp- certainly won't get my vote
Sally- extremely odd, I'm intrigued now by her hinting after reread, desperately want to preserve her and kill her to find out role at same time
Izzy- seems clean to me, but people I trust voted for her, death telling if she's guilty, worthless if she's not
Hansy- started strong then submarined, voted for me so I know he's wrong, unlikely to be Gifted, no read on him though
Old 02-25-2009, 11:12 PM   #532
Mnemosyne
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hansy
except for Izzy, where she does the exact opposite, underestimating the patterns and looking for clean behaviours.
Care to clarify?

Also, if that spelling denotes your nationality, aren't you up a little late?
Old 02-25-2009, 11:13 PM   #533
Isabellkya
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

psst Hansy..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shasta
In other news, your Almighty Mod-Lord of Doom and Pointless but Fun Exposition is quite pleased with this game so far. You game pieces are doing quite well. To reward you, I'm going to let you vote among yourselves to decide who shall get a cameo-parody in the next lynch plot! No, you can't vote yourself. Color your plot-cameo votes in highlight, please.
Just means that, we vote for someone we want to see in toDay's lynch plot.

X'd with phantom and Mnemosyne.
Old 02-25-2009, 11:13 PM   #534
Mnemosyne
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

If I felt like being manipulative...

It would be interesting to put Izzy at the top and then have a second person right below her just to see what happens.

But I don't feel like being manipulative.
Old 02-25-2009, 11:16 PM   #535
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

Quote:
Originally Posted by the phantom View Post
The four people who are tied-

tp- certainly won't get my vote
Sally- extremely odd, I'm intrigued now by her hinting after reread, desperately want to preserve her and kill her to find out role at same time
Izzy- seems clean to me, but people I trust voted for her, death telling if she's guilty, worthless if she's not
Hansy- started strong then submarined, voted for me so I know he's wrong, unlikely to be Gifted, no read on him though
Aw, I was hoping you'd Nilp yourself.

If I was a completely horrible person I'd vote for you just so you'll get lynched for once, but that would be counterintuitive because I don't think you're guilty. Bah.
Old 02-25-2009, 11:16 PM   #536
Isabellkya
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

I think I should get a treat, if you are going to vote for me for experimental purposes.

X'd with Sally
Old 02-25-2009, 11:17 PM   #537
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isabellkya View Post
I think I should get a treat, if you are going to vote for me for experimental purposes.

PM me your address and I'll send you some cookies.

(I'd totally do it too, by the way. I'm just saying.)
Old 02-25-2009, 11:19 PM   #538
the phantom
Beloved Shadow

the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Eye

Okay. I won't vote for Sally. I've decided that much.
Old 02-25-2009, 11:20 PM   #539
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

Quote:
Not that I'm complaining, but any particular reason?
Old 02-25-2009, 11:20 PM   #540
Mnemosyne
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Also, can we try to put someone firmly in the lead before the game's almost over? I'm afraid of a lot of snipe-votes.
Old 02-25-2009, 11:22 PM   #541
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

Quote:
Also, can we try to put someone firmly in the lead before the game's almost over? I'm afraid of a lot of snipe-votes.
Yeah, but I don't think the baddies would risk being so obvious as to do a snipe on someone. Still it's a good idea, so we don't have people debating up until the last second and then realizing they're out of time.
Old 02-25-2009, 11:23 PM   #542
the phantom
Beloved Shadow

Eye

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sally
Not that I'm complaining, but any particular reason?
I'm simply curious to see what you'll do if we let you off the hook. I reread some of your hinting and such today, and I had two new thoughts occur to me, which I will not be posting for all to see.

But the thoughts were enough to sway me, and make me think I should give you a chance to survive this day.
Old 02-25-2009, 11:25 PM   #543
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

Quote:
I'm simply curious to see what you'll do if we let you off the hook. I reread some of your hinting and such today, and I had two new thoughts occur to me, which I will not be posting for all to see.

But the thoughts were enough to sway me, and make me think I should give you a chance to survive this day.
K. I think that means you caught on. *hugs the clever phantom* Woot!

Where is everyone else?
Old 02-25-2009, 11:25 PM   #544
Rikae
Mellifluous Maia

Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Quote:
Originally Posted by satansaloser2005 View Post
Yeah, but I don't think the baddies would risk being so obvious as to do a snipe on someone. Still it's a good idea, so we don't have people debating up until the last second and then realizing they're out of time.
So doing a snipe on someone is baddie behavior?
Rikae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2009, 11:26 PM   #545
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rikae View Post
So doing a snipe on someone is baddie behavior?
Hehe. No worse than intentionally x'ing with the mod.
Old 02-25-2009, 11:26 PM   #546
Mnemosyne
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Quote:
That makes two of us... if only I could make up my mind about the rest.
Old 02-25-2009, 11:27 PM   #547
Mnemosyne
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

How about sniping just because someone cast a self-preservation tie-making vote?
Old 02-25-2009, 11:27 PM   #548
Durelin
Estelo dagnir, Melo ring

Durelin is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Durelin is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
I thought about changing my vote, but...meh. I don't feel like thinking anymore.

I am pretty certain I will regret leaving things completely in the hands of those who still seem to be around, but so bet it.

As if I ever sway the vote, much less in the right direction.....

Night. Pick a good one.
Durelin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2009, 11:27 PM   #549
Isabellkya
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

I both read and skimmed Lariren.
She seems quite sensible, yet quirky. At some points she would make a theory about something; then when someone directed attention to it - she would downplay it, calling it "silly" or "horrible". She downplayed some of her theories at the start saying "naive". I don't know if it can be attributed to being a new(er?) player. I'm not sure on that part, since I've never played with her before. I recall someone saying it, though not sure who. That she "tip-toed" around; which seems to be the best word to describe her so far.

++SPM

X'd since #538
Old 02-25-2009, 11:28 PM   #550
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

Quote:
How about sniping just because someone cast a self-preservation tie-making vote?
Completely different story. Heh.

I play mafia on facebook. Sniping is just kind of evil in my book from there and bleeds over to here, but it's not really all that bad if done for the right reasons.

Like, for instance, trying to save the Ranger.
Old 02-25-2009, 11:28 PM   #551
Mnemosyne
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dury
Night. Pick a good one.
Um... don't you mean "pick an evil one"?
Old 02-25-2009, 11:29 PM   #552
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

Quote:
Um... don't you mean "pick an evil one"?
No she means pick a good one.
Old 02-25-2009, 11:30 PM   #553
Mnemosyne
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Izzy -- I'm a bit concerned about the lack of attention Lari is getting myself, but when I read over her stuff (surprise) I don't see anything that raises major suspicion.
Old 02-25-2009, 11:33 PM   #554
Brinniel
Reflection of Darkness

Sally: I still think she's most likely just a silly innocent. Won't get my vote.

Hansy: I'm still not sure about him, but his behaviour has me leaning slightly towards innocent. Plus I have a bad feeling about lynching him, mainly because I fear he's just another easy lynch.

the phantom: I'm teeter-tottering on tp. I want to trust him, I really do. But he's such a tricksy fellow and very hard to read...which is why I can't let myself trust him.

Izzy: I'm still feeling rather indifferent towards her. I honestly don't have a strong reason to suspect her, but nor do I have a reason to think she's innocent. I'm tempted to vote her because if I don't and she does turn out to be evil, I'll be forever smacking myself on the head for letting her get away.

Hmm...I should take another look at toDay while I have the time.
Old 02-25-2009, 11:39 PM   #555
Lariren Shadow
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Lariren Shadow is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Send a message via AIM to Lariren Shadow Send a message via MSN to Lariren Shadow
So this is what I get for going to a club meeting, class, and then the Top Chef finale(yes I totally love that show). Now I have to catch up and there will be no long analysis here.

Quote:
Yeah, till Lari and I come in and both vote for you out of sheer vindictiveness.

(Er, if Lari's okay with that... if not, I can at least make it a tie...)
Hm...but I don't want to vote tp at all. I find him quiet innocent and would not want to vote him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brinniel View Post
And Sally...oh Sally...
She's acting funny, there's no denying that...and I can't really find much reason why she'd want to bring so much attention to herself. However, I still have the feeling that she is innocent, as insane as she is. After all, why on earth would one of the werewolves or BQ draw attention to themselves like that? And while she does seem a bit cobblerish, I also doubt that as well. Simply because the baddies have been doing quite well as it is, so there's really no reason for a Black Pawn to suddenly go suicidal. But still, what's with the odd behaviour...maybe she ate something funny. Others have mentioned she's an easy lynch, and I agree. Which is why I don't intend to vote for her toDay. Though, I still can't figure out why Sally finds me so evil. If she keeps hunting me like this, it's gonna get her nowhere.
My thoughts on her excatly. I think Sally is more innocent than not. She is bringing a lot of attention to herself, but I think she might have fallen into the same trap I did last game: I knew I was innocent and then kept getting marked as guilty and then had to make sure that I didn't die. Plus she hasn't done any song parodies yet. So clearly she is innocent.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isabellkya View Post
I both read and skimmed Lariren.
She seems quite sensible, yet quirky. At some points she would make a theory about something; then when someone directed attention to it - she would downplay it, calling it "silly" or "horrible". She downplayed some of her theories at the start saying "naive". I don't know if it can be attributed to being a new(er?) player. I'm not sure on that part, since I've never played with her before. I recall someone saying it, though not sure who. That she "tip-toed" around; which seems to be the best word to describe her so far.
This is my third game for the record. So I'm newer, but not as new as some in the game.

I'm not going to vote Sally or tp. Sally doesn't get my vote because she looks more innocent than not, she keeps trying to say more than she should about her innocents. Tp because, well, I just don't think he's evil. From what I see in his posts he seems more innocent than not.

I have no idea about Izzy. She didn't die at Night, which leads me to think she's more guilty. But then the wolves might not have seen her as the best kill. Maybe too many wolves were involved with her almost lynch for them to be comfortable with.

I still don't feel right about Hansy. His posts have been interesting but they are rubbing me the wrong way. His post where he gives his reasons also sets off red flags to me.

So, making sure I get this in and I know I have 20 minutes about but still:

++Hansy

But toMorrow, I'm going to take a closer look at Izzy.

Edit: x-posted with Brinn and Mnemi.

Last edited by Lariren Shadow; 02-25-2009 at 11:41 PM. Reason: x-posted
Lariren Shadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2009, 11:41 PM   #556
Mnemosyne
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Tie has been broken!

Thoughts?
Old 02-25-2009, 11:41 PM   #557
Isabellkya
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

I'm definitely not voting for myself.
I won't be voting for phantom.
I'm rather not keen on voting for Hansy.
Nor am I particularly keen on voting for Sally, though less so than Hansy.

If it comes down to voting between the four of us; I suppose it would be a toss-up of Sally and Hansy.

Mnemosyne - Neither do/did I. Though there is something that is a bit uneasy how she was seeming to downplay some of her theories. At the time of posting and after.

Oi. I don't know.

X'd with Lariren and Mnemosyne.
Old 02-25-2009, 11:41 PM   #558
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

Hansy 3
Phantom, Izzy, and Sally 2 each
Old 02-25-2009, 11:42 PM   #559
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

Izzy, whatever you choose, now is totally not the time for a toss-up.

Good points about Lari. I'll have a look at her, though it definitely won't be toDay.
Old 02-25-2009, 11:43 PM   #560
Brinniel
Reflection of Darkness

One player I'd like to take a closer look at toMorrow is wilwa, as she has been floating under my radar lately. While she does have this innocentish aura about her, I don't know what kind of player she is, and for all I know she could be quite the deceptive one (kind of like Kath, who probably should be looked at too).