The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Fun and Games > Middle-earth Mirth
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 02-25-2009, 05:43 PM   #441
wilwarin538
Fluttering Enchantment

wilwarin538 is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.wilwarin538 is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Send a message via MSN to wilwarin538
Well, I think I will just be voting now, that way I can get to my studying and stop being distracted:

++Sally

For reasons stated above, she's weirding me out.
Old 02-25-2009, 05:47 PM   #442
Eönwë
Flame Imperishable

Eönwë is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Eönwë is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Eönwë is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Ok, it comes down to this:

++Sally

Because it seems that she's trying to lead us astray with her comments and ideas, and making thinngs more complicated (more than usual). (I love you really Sally, but if you're evil then I can't not try to lynch you) She also seems a little more careful than usual at the same time. Sort of like she's doing the right stuff, but with the wrong intentions or something. Doing the same things as one of the good people, but purposefully bad. *is confused at self*

I think I suspect her more of being the BQ or BP, but she doesn't seem completely benign to me.

Ok, so I might be back just before DL, but I can't promise anything (It's 6am my time).

Bye for now!

PS. I think I'm the only European Downer left- maybe that's why it's so quiet.

edit: x-ed. Weird
Old 02-25-2009, 05:52 PM   #443
the phantom
Beloved Shadow

the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Send a message via MSN to the phantom
Eye

That's weird, Steve. You talk about Sally being the Black Pawn, and then vote for her. Basically, if you're right, then we don't lynch a WereCreature, there are two kills again, etc...

If you think you know who the Black Cobbler is, don't lynch xem. Try and get xem Night killed. Yes, there are ways to increase those odds. Read Mith's last game for examples.
Old 02-25-2009, 06:01 PM   #444
Kath
Everlasting Whiteness

Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Send a message via MSN to Kath
Having been relatively happy about Mnemo and less so about sally yesterDay I find that my opinions have pretty much reversed themselves after toDay's posts. Mnemo all but yelling at phantom to stop talking about possible White Queen abilities was just very, very odd. There is almost no chance that he's going to get the answer right, we're going to have to wait until either a reveal or the final narration to get the answers to that, so it's interesting and it gets discussion going and it makes people take a really close look at the voting records but it isn't dangerous to the White Queen because quite honestly if phantom had figured out what the role actually was I don't believe he'd say it out loud.

sally on the other hand I think is making sense. She is having a good think about WQ possibilities and generally feels good to me. wilwa's vote for her I can sort of follow, there is logic behind it even if I disagree with it, whereas Eonwe's strikes me as a little odd. It's sort of come out of the blue from a little PS into full blown suspicion.

I'm not going to do a full analysis of everyone toDay. I'm simply too tired for it. I will hang around though and stick my nose in on occasion.
Old 02-25-2009, 06:03 PM   #445
Kath
Everlasting Whiteness

Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Quote:
That's weird, Steve. You talk about Sally being the Black Pawn, and then vote for her. Basically, if you're right, then we don't lynch a WereCreature, there are two kills again, etc...
Also a good point. I think this was mentioned earlier anyway but there is no point in killing the Cobbler. If you think you've figured out who it is then you can simply ignore them, if you're not listening to them what harm can they do? But there's no point in killing them when there are other villains who have kills to use.
Old 02-25-2009, 06:24 PM   #446
Mnemosyne
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Mnemosyne is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Mnemosyne is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Send a message via MSN to Mnemosyne Send a message via Yahoo to Mnemosyne
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kath
There is almost no chance that he's going to get the answer right, we're going to have to wait until either a reveal or the final narration to get the answers to that, so it's interesting and it gets discussion going and it makes people take a really close look at the voting records but it isn't dangerous to the White Queen because quite honestly if phantom had figured out what the role actually was I don't believe he'd say it out loud.
That's what I was thinking at the beginning of the Day, but if we've got our legion of ordos focused on it too much that may distract us from finding baddies.

Especially because it became fairly clear that the possible WQ capabilities everyone ended up focusing on are ones that require too much explanation to make sense (not that that means they aren't true, but still).

phantom may have been using this as his own evil-gauge, but that only helps him. It doesn't help the rest of the players, especially because we don't know if he's good or evil.
Old 02-25-2009, 06:25 PM   #447
Mnemosyne
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Mnemosyne is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Mnemosyne is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
At the same time, Kath, keeping a cobbler alive, even if everyone thinks they have him figured out, until endgame when he can vote himself, is bad. Example: Kit's game.
Old 02-25-2009, 06:26 PM   #448
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Well said, Kath. Besides, I'm not the Black Pawn. Or the Black Anything, for that matter. Killing me, or at least killing me toDay, would be a grave mistake. If you must kill me kill me after I've had a Night to think about the game, perhaps make some choices that will impact the village for the good.

Sorry to be so cryptic, but....well, frankly I don't want to come right out and say what I want to say because I'm still trying to gauge reactions from a couple people. For now though I'd try killing someone else, perhaps Hansy, Brinn, or another suspect who is actually behaving suspiciously, rather than just speaking in a confusing manner.

That's all I ask.
satansaloser2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2009, 06:28 PM   #449
Isabellkya
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Isabellkya is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sally
I forgot to add that, conversely, they could choose someone's vote to count twice on a given Day.
If they could choose someone's vote to count twice; then it would've brought the tally to a tie yesterDay. So then, wouldn't Shasta have just said it was a tie, and randomized. Or would he have kept it secret, so as not to reveal too much about the WQ?

- insert an unforeseen short break in here. -

Okay, on to trying to organize some thoughts..

Durelin - no idea

Feanor - she seems her normal self; though what that speaks about the role she holds, I've no idea. Undecided, yet she isn't making me uneasy.

phantom - is phantom. I can never get quite a clear read on him, since he always is his jump-around self. So far, nothing raises giant red flags about him. Though, the trouble with that - is you can never really tell when he is bluffing for real, telling the truth, or bluffing just to bluff. However, I think him innocent.

Brin - no idea

Sally - She worries me. More so, because toDay - I feel she is channeling phantom in her tone. There is nothing wrong with phantom (that I know of), but it is unsettling when he is coming out in another player.

Lariren - Hmm. I find her confusing. Whether it be because she is a confused innocent, or purposely looking confused to hide something; I am not quite sure.

wilwa - she feels innocent to me. Though I would like to see more from her.

Rikae - She seems a bit quiet to me. If I remember previous games correctly, she can be quite a talker.

Eonwe - He is in an unknown category. There isn't much to go off of, and hope he is able to contribute more as he feels better.

Mnemosyne - I'm quite in the middle on her. She makes quite sense-able posts, yet every now and again, something is written that is o.O

Kath - A bit undecided about her. Toward the end of yesterDay I had thought she needed analyzing, because I wasn't so keen on her seeming regurgitation of Nog's reasoning for a vote. I think I will do it anyhow, yet wait to see what she has to say for toDay.

Hansy - While I think him most probable to be an innocent, I am not as comfortable with him toDay; as I was the previous days. Mainly, because he started out quite strong with discussion, yet has kind of pittered since then. I wouldn't vote you toDay, though I would like to see more from you buddy.

Looking Innocent:
Phantom, Hansy, Rikae, Wilwa

Undecided:
Eonwe, Kath, Fea, Mnemosyne

Looking notsosparkly:
Sally, Lariren

No idea:
Brin, Durelin

I think I will begin looking at Brin and Durelin; and possibly Mnemosyne and Fea more closely if there is time.. and will wait to possibly look at Kath and Eonwe.

X'd since Sally's #429
Old 02-25-2009, 06:30 PM   #450
Kath
Everlasting Whiteness

Oh, because it's come up a couple of times I should mention, my reasoning for voting Izzy wasn't a regurgitation of Nog's reasoning. In fact if it was a repeat of anyone's suspicions it was Rikae's - it was what she said about Izzy that made me take a second look.
Old 02-25-2009, 06:32 PM   #451
Mnemosyne
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Sally, I don't trust you fruther than I can throw you.
Old 02-25-2009, 06:35 PM   #452
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
An updated list

Not lynching toDay, even if it gets me killed
Izzy
Phantom
Rikae ()

Not lynching toDay unless I'm in severe danger and I have a change of heart about them
Durie
Steve

Not wanting to lynch toDay, but would go along with it
Willa
Lari
Mnemo

Meh. Either way.
Fea
Kath

"She's a witch! Burn her!"
Brinn
Hansy
Old 02-25-2009, 06:40 PM   #453
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

Votes are as follows

Durie-->Phantom
Willa-->Sally
Steve-->Sally (Sally 2, Phantom 1)
Old 02-25-2009, 06:40 PM   #454
the phantom
Beloved Shadow

the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Eye

This is beginning to look like Izzy from yesterday. Only today Sally is the flavor.

Sally definitely isn't helping things, though. She's not going about her self preservation in the right way. I'm actually starting to lean towards her as the Cobbler after all. I was thinking she was a White Pawn before, but now... but of course if she's a WereCreature she wants us to believe she's the Cobbler.

But then she's been like this for a while, and she has only now intensified it. Consistency says something I believe. That makes me think she is more likely to be a Black Pawn than any sort of Black Royalty.

If you're White, m'dear, you need to rethink your strategy. I'd love to protect you with my full weight, but you aren't making it easy.
Old 02-25-2009, 06:42 PM   #455
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

Quote:
Originally Posted by the phantom View Post
This is beginning to look like Izzy from yesterday. Only today Sally is the flavor.

Sally definitely isn't helping things, though. She's not going about her self preservation in the right way. I'm actually starting to lean towards her as the Cobbler after all. I was thinking she was a White Pawn before, but now... but of course if she's a WereCreature she wants us to believe she's the Cobbler.

But then she's been like this for a while, and she has only now intensified it. Consistency says something I believe. That makes me think she is more likely to be a Black Pawn than any sort of Black Royalty.

If you're White, m'dear, you need to rethink your strategy. I'd love to protect you with my full weight, but you aren't making it easy.
Honey, I know you're clever; you'll figure it out.

I miss Nerwen.

And for the record, you're all going color blind. *hugs you all* It's not my fault I'm the way I am.

Last edited by satansaloser2005; 02-25-2009 at 06:45 PM.
Old 02-25-2009, 06:46 PM   #456
the phantom
Beloved Shadow

Eye

Quote:
Honey, I know you're clever; you'll figure it out.

I'm thinking I do have it figured out. Not what you wanted me to "figure out", but what's really going on.

Stop this hinting nonsense. You aint the White Bishop. You're the Cobbler and you're paving the way for a false reveal and hoping you can get the White Bishop to reveal or at least make xemself vulnerable by disagreeing with your claim.
Old 02-25-2009, 06:47 PM   #457
Mnemosyne
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

phantom, I don't think that's what she's hinting.
Old 02-25-2009, 06:47 PM   #458
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

Quote:

I'm thinking I do have it figured out. Not what you wanted me to "figure out", but what's really going on.

Stop this hinting nonsense. You aint the White Bishop. You're the Cobbler and you're paving the way for a false reveal and hoping you can get the White Bishop to reveal or at least make xemself vulnerable by disagreeing with your claim.
Absolutely, completely, and in all other ways....untrue.

I am not the White Bishop. I will at no point be saying that I am the White Bishop, the White Queen, or any black piece, for I am none of them.

Thank you for your time. Please try again.

Or better yet, try to catch a baddie. That'd be a lot more helpful, dearie.
Old 02-25-2009, 06:49 PM   #459
Mnemosyne
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

If you want phantom to catch a baddie and you're not it, stop drawing attention to yourself, sally.
Old 02-25-2009, 06:51 PM   #460
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mnemosyne View Post
If you want phantom to catch a baddie and you're not it, stop drawing attention to yourself, sally.
Hence why I'm telling all the ordos to leave me alone. Baddies can have at me all they want, but for the good of the village let me have my fun to myself and concentrate on someone else. I've got what I need to know, and intend to do the best I can with my findings. On about your business, children.
Old 02-25-2009, 06:52 PM   #461
Durelin
Estelo dagnir, Melo ring

Durelin is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Durelin is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tp
You're the Cobbler and you're paving the way for a false reveal and hoping you can get the White Bishop to reveal or at least make xemself vulnerable by disagreeing with your claim.
No, she's not the White Bishop, because I am!

And you're a wolf.

Yeah.
Durelin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2009, 06:54 PM   #462
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Durelin View Post
No, she's not the White Bishop, because I am!

And you're a wolf.

Yeah.
Hehe silly.

(You are kidding....right?)
Old 02-25-2009, 06:55 PM   #463
the phantom
Beloved Shadow

Eye

Har har, Dur.
Old 02-25-2009, 06:58 PM   #464
Isabellkya
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Isabellkya is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
After catching up on the posts I crossed with.
Sally just keeps getting weirder and weirder. Are you having an identity crisis with phantom perhaps?

If Sally is indeed the Cobbler, then we should let her be. Though not completely toss her away and ignore her. As she would still be working against the village, and still in possession of her vote. Though her claims of roleship seem to be changing almost day to day. If not by matter of posts.

X'd since Mnemosyne's #459
Old 02-25-2009, 07:00 PM   #465
Durelin
Estelo dagnir, Melo ring

Durelin is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Durelin is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sally
(You are kidding....right?)
Yes. Actually I'm channeling Shasta's psychic powers.
Old 02-25-2009, 07:01 PM   #466
Durelin
Estelo dagnir, Melo ring

It's actually a secret role, being a Shasta. I get to know one thing and one thing only: that phantom is a wolf.
Old 02-25-2009, 07:01 PM   #467
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

Quote:
Yes. Actually I'm channeling Shasta's psychic powers.
*lets out a deep breath*

hehe totally.

EDIT: X'd with Durie 2.0. *giggles*
Old 02-25-2009, 07:02 PM   #468
Mnemosyne
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Durelin
It's actually a secret role, being a Shasta. I get to know one thing and one thing only: that phantom is a wolf.
Ah, that explains a lot.
Old 02-25-2009, 07:04 PM   #469
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

Quote:
Durie, I can't tell you why right now, but I love you soooo much.

I'm running SO late for church right now. Blah.
Old 02-25-2009, 07:06 PM   #470
Mnemosyne
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Bandwaggoning is fun!!!

All right, Sally, you're making absolutely no sense, you're "trying to get people to figure out something" but won't say WHAT that is, want phantom to figure you out but get everyone else to ignore you, and as soon as you're dead here I won't want to throttle you in your sleep.

You leave me no choice. I'm just sad it had to be today.

++MITH
Old 02-25-2009, 07:06 PM   #471
Durelin
Estelo dagnir, Melo ring

Aww, but there are no secrets between Lovers!
Old 02-25-2009, 07:07 PM   #472
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

Quote:
Aww, but there are no secrets between Lovers!
But you see I'm not your lover. They allow ducks to marry in Nebraska.

*vomits*
Old 02-25-2009, 07:08 PM   #473
Mnemosyne
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

...But only if they marry other ducks.
Old 02-25-2009, 07:09 PM   #474
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

Exactly. What did you think I meant?

Blast, stop distracting me! I'm trying to get stuff printed for church and do an analysis at the same time and it's not working out!
Old 02-25-2009, 07:09 PM   #475
the phantom
Beloved Shadow

Eye

Quote:
I'm running SO late for church right now. Blah.
I too must leave for church.

Be back in a couple hours.

And fyi, no fake White Bishop reveal is going to work on me, so don't even try one while I'm gone. I'm about 99% certain I know who Bishy is already, so there's no point in trying to convince me.
Old 02-25-2009, 07:12 PM   #476
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

Quote:
I too must leave for church.

Be back in a couple hours.

And fyi, no fake White Bishop reveal is going to work on me, so don't even try one while I'm gone. I'm about 99% certain I know who Bishy is already, so there's no point in trying to convince me.

Hun I already said I wasn't going to do that. I don't lie about my role, remember? Refuse to respond to accusations when I'm evil, yes, but if I'm innocent I plan to point it out when necessary and the rest of the time....well I have my fun but it's for the good of the village.

Blast! So late! *grumbles, grabs printouts and runs*
Old 02-25-2009, 07:22 PM   #477
Mnemosyne
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Okay, so that was fun... NOT. I don't know what is going on with Sally, and though I am tempted to kill her off just for making no sense, I'd rather go after someone else who's been evil from the start. Whatever is going on, I don't think Sally was always like this, if that makes sense. She's just been inconsistent today.

Plus Sally is now an easy vote, which doesn't give us much fodder for the future.
Old 02-25-2009, 07:30 PM   #478
Rikae
Mellifluous Maia

Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
I'm really, really sorry for being so neglectful toDay. I'm downright ashamed of my poor participation, but I'm buried in work. I ought to be better toMorrow, if I'm still around.

I suppose the least I can do is make a list:

Durelin - I haven't been able to form much of an opinion on her, but leaning innocent.
Feanor of the Peredhil - Needs more evaluation than I have time for now; she hasn't set off any alarms, though.
Isabellkya - I think she is.... still evil.
the phantom - I think he is.... good.
Brinniel - Possible evilie, mainly by process of elimination, coupled with the fact that she really seems to be in the shadows lately.
satansaloser2005 - Hoo boy. Scenarios have occurred to me where it may be unwise to lynch her, but the opposite seems just as likely. Sally, if you don't mind, why do you refuse to vote for either me or Izzy? I can think of two things you may be thinking...
Lariren Shadow
- Another one who may be evil. I wanted to look at her toDay, and didn't get the chance.
wilwarin538 - ...innocentish.
Rikae - A werewolf legend, and deservedly so, Rikae is famous for her... um... something... charming turquoise ringlets...?
Eonwe - I could vote for him.
Mnemosyne - She looks ordoish to me.
Kath - What she has posted seemed quite sensible, which tells me nothing.
Hansy - He is still making me nervous, and I could vote for him.

And my special vote....

++Boro
Rikae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2009, 07:42 PM   #479
Kath
Everlasting Whiteness

phantom, sally - quit it, or we'll end up with another fight on our hands like yesterDay.

I don't like either of the voting options so far toDay. phantom I still think has no role, like I said he's far too laid back. sally is as jumpy as ... something very jumpy (leave me alone it's 2 in the morning!) and all her hinting is nonsense. Either she's figured out who has a role and is trying in some perverse way to protect them or she's the Cobbler, either way we're better off leaving her alone. Mnemo you said the Cobbler is dangerous at the end - sure, but we won't get to the end with three wolves and a bear alive!

Anyway, those two are out of the voting picture for me. The three who are in it are Mnemo because of what I said earlier, Hansy because I still think there's a bit of a put-upon newbie act there and Izzy for the same reasons as yesterDay, although her posts today have looked a little better.

I'd actually be happy voting either Mnemo or Hansy, but I'd rather vote the one I have more chance of gaining followers for because I don't want to see phantom or sally lynched toDay. Looking at what sally and Rikae have said it seems I'm more likely to get support for:

++HANSY
Old 02-25-2009, 08:49 PM   #480
the phantom
Beloved Shadow

Eye

Quote:
Hun I already said I wasn't going to do that.
My comment wasn't entirely directed at you. It was a bit, and also partly a nudge in Dur's direction (with her fake Bishop reveal), and it was definitely to let the Bishop know that I know who xe is and that I will act in such a way that I believe will encourage xyr survival, and thus if xe wonders what the heck I'm doing xe can at least approach my moves from the viewpoint that I know what I'm doing.

Yeah, yeah... technically I may be wrong. It's possible I am being taken in by a devilish Cobbler or something who has been plotting from the beginning to look like the Bish just in case a reveal is called for. But I don't think that's it. If so, my hat is off to you.