The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Announcements and Obituaries > The Barrow-Downs
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-01-2012, 12:23 PM   #2401
Inziladun
Gruesome Spectre

Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Happy belated Birthday to Kit, and of course to the Downs! Twelve years is far too short to have been around such excellent cybercompanions.

Thanks, BW.
Old 05-01-2012, 01:17 PM   #2402
Eönwë
Flame Imperishable

Eönwë is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Eönwë is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Eönwë is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
I have finally managed to get onto the 'Downs (I don't know whether it was down, but I couldn't get on it earlier), so let me wish it a very happy birthday!
Old 05-01-2012, 01:24 PM   #2403
Bêthberry
Cryptic Aura

Bêthberry is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Bêthberry is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Bêthberry is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Bêthberry is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
With a bit of nudging from Legate on FB, I've set up a birthday party thread. have fun. And Happy Downs Day.

Happy Twelfty Birthday, Barrow Downs.
Old 05-02-2012, 04:53 AM   #2404
Galadriel55
Blossom of Dwimordene

Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Happy birthday Tuor, whether in or of Gondolin!
Old 05-02-2012, 07:50 AM   #2405
Inziladun
Gruesome Spectre

Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Seconded Happy Birthday Tuor!
Old 05-02-2012, 09:07 AM   #2406
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.
Indeed! Happy birthday, Tuor, hope to see you dropping by on your way to/from Gondolin sometimes
"Should the story say 'he ate bread,' the dramatic producer can only show 'a piece of bread' according to his taste or fancy, but the hearer of the story will think of bread in general and picture it in some form of his own." -On Fairy-Stories
Legate of Amon Lanc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2012, 06:46 AM   #2407
Inziladun
Gruesome Spectre

Happy Birthday to Sally!
Old 05-12-2012, 09:27 AM   #2408
Galadriel55
Blossom of Dwimordene

Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Happy birthday sally! I wish you lots and lots o' cakes of all sizes and flavours!

Old 05-19-2012, 07:47 AM   #2409
Inziladun
Gruesome Spectre

Happy Birthday, Bêthberry!
Old 05-19-2012, 07:51 AM   #2410
Galadriel55
Blossom of Dwimordene

Happy birthday, o River-granddaughter! May you have in your life plenty of lilies and bananas!
Old 05-19-2012, 08:00 PM   #2411
Mister Underhill
Dread Horseman

Mister Underhill has been trapped in the Barrow!
Happy Bbday to you, Miss Bb!
Mister Underhill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2012, 12:24 AM   #2412
Bêthberry
Cryptic Aura

Bêthberry is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Bêthberry is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Bêthberry is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Bêthberry is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Ta muchly for the birthday greetings, Inziladun, Galadrial55, and Mister Underhill.

My mathom for you all is the quote I also put up on Facebook today:

"Don't be a fool, Bilbo Baggins!" he said to himself, "thinking of dragons and all that outlandish nonsense at your age!"

Old 05-20-2012, 08:13 AM   #2413
Galadriel55
Blossom of Dwimordene

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bêthberry View Post
"Don't be a fool, Bilbo Baggins!" he said to himself, "thinking of dragons and all that outlandish nonsense at your age!"
"Yes, think of the return of the Ring instead!" he continued after a thought.

Happy birthday to the one and only Squatter!
Old 05-20-2012, 09:03 AM   #2414
Guinevere
Banshee of Camelot

Guinevere is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Happy birthday to The Squatter of Amon Rûdh! I always enjoy reading your erudite posts!
Old 05-20-2012, 04:50 PM   #2415
Mister Underhill
Dread Horseman

Cheers to you, Squatter!

I miss your wit and style.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bêthberry View Post
Good one! And a needed reminder to work harder to incorporate "outlandish" into my day-to-day vocabulary.
Old 05-31-2012, 04:29 AM   #2416
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.
White Tree

A very, very, very happy birthday (as she certainly deserves it!) to Esty! May it be a delightful day for you today (but not just today, for sure ).
"Should the story say 'he ate bread,' the dramatic producer can only show 'a piece of bread' according to his taste or fancy, but the hearer of the story will think of bread in general and picture it in some form of his own." -On Fairy-Stories
Old 05-31-2012, 05:26 AM   #2417
Galadriel55
Blossom of Dwimordene

Seconded! Happy birthday, O Princess of Skwerlz! May your kindgom prosper and your minions never wither!
Old 05-31-2012, 05:48 AM   #2418
Guinevere
Banshee of Camelot

Guinevere is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Many happy returns of the day, Esty!
Old 05-31-2012, 07:28 AM   #2419
Inziladun
Gruesome Spectre

Happy Birthday, Esty!
Old 05-31-2012, 07:31 AM   #2420
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via AIM to Boromir88 Send a message via MSN to Boromir88
Happy birthday Esty! Thank you for all that you continue to do on this forum.
Old 05-31-2012, 10:36 AM   #2421
Mister Underhill
Dread Horseman

Happy Birthday, Esty! Look at me, on top of birthdays these past few weeks.

I hope you have one that's memorable in all the right ways, m'lady!
Old 05-31-2012, 02:50 PM   #2422
Eönwë
Flame Imperishable

Eönwë is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Eönwë is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Eönwë is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Happy Birthday Esty, and to all those others that I've missed!
Old 05-31-2012, 07:19 PM   #2423
Mister Underhill
Dread Horseman

By the way, Esty, did you know that you share a birthday with Clint Eastwood? Now that it's come to my attention, I can see the parallels -- two steely-eyed enforcers with itchy trigger-fingers and a penchant for hard whiskey...

Okay, maybe the parallels aren't as strong as I thought at first glance. Happy Birthday, Clint and Esty!
Old 05-31-2012, 08:38 PM   #2424
Bêthberry
Cryptic Aura

Bonne fete, Mistress Moddess.
Old 05-31-2012, 10:28 PM   #2425
Thenamir
Spectre of Capitalism

Thenamir has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Thenamir has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Thenamir has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Thenamir has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Thenamir has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Thenamir has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Thenamir has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Thenamir has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Thenamir has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Thenamir has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Thenamir has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!
Bonne fete? Is that Boba Fett's long lost sister?

Joyeux anniversaire, mon ami.
Old 06-01-2012, 07:48 AM   #2426
Estelyn Telcontar
Princess of Skwerlz

Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!
Thanks, everyone! To quote a memorable birthday speech:
Quote:
I hope you are all enjoying yourselves as much as I am!
Clint Eastwood, eh, Underhill?! Hmmm, there is one movie version I wouldn't necessarily object to... However, I do prefer my alcohol as champagne rather than whiskey!
'Mercy!' cried Gandalf. 'If the giving of information is to be the cure of your inquisitiveness, I shall spend all the rest of my days in answering you. What more do you want to know?' 'The whole history of Middle-earth...'
Estelyn Telcontar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2012, 07:25 PM   #2427
Hilde Bracegirdle
Relic of Wandering Days

Hilde Bracegirdle has just left Hobbiton.
Silmaril

A belated but heartfelt "Happy Birthday" Estelyn! And wishing you many happy returns of the day!
Hilde Bracegirdle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2012, 07:42 AM   #2428
Inziladun
Gruesome Spectre

Happy Birthday to radagastly!
Old 06-10-2012, 09:29 AM   #2429
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Narya

Seconded, happy birthday, radagastly!
Old 06-10-2012, 01:55 PM   #2430
Galadriel55
Blossom of Dwimordene

Thirded happy birthday radagastly!
Old 06-20-2012, 09:43 AM   #2431
Galadriel55
Blossom of Dwimordene

Very happy birthday wishes to Saucy and Cailin!!! Have a terrific day both, wherever you fare!
Old 06-21-2012, 07:40 AM   #2432
Inziladun
Gruesome Spectre

Happy Birthday to Lottie! 18 is a monumental milestone.
Old 06-21-2012, 08:43 AM   #2433
Galadriel55
Blossom of Dwimordene

Happy birthday Lottie! *sends cakes and hugs*

So what can you do, now that you're 18? It's one of the comming of age dates, but I can only remember stuff for 12, 16, 21, and basically any other age except for 18. In Hebrew 18 stands for chai (=life)*, so I guess that counts.

*"ch" as in Bach, not like cherries or chord.
Old 06-21-2012, 10:21 AM   #2434
Mithalwen
Pilgrim Soul

Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
In the UK:
You can vote in local and general elections.
You can stand for election as a Member of Parliament, local councillor or Mayor.
You can serve on a jury, or be tried in a magistrates court and go to jail if you're found guilty of a criminal offence.
If you were adopted you can see your original birth certificate (and have your name added to the Adoption Contact Register).
You can make a will.
You can get married without parental permission.
You can view, rent or buy an 18 rated film.
You can buy fireworks.
You can place a bet in a betting shop/casino.
You can buy cigarettes, rolling tobacco and cigarette papers.
You can open your own bank account.
You can buy alcohol.
You can pawn stuff in a pawn shop.l
You can have a tattoo.
You can drive lorries weighing up to 7.5 tonnes, with a trailer attached.
You can get a credit card

Not that I am suggesting that this list should be regarded as a challenge....

Christopher Tolkien, Requiescat in pace
Mithalwen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2012, 10:54 AM   #2435
Galadriel55
Blossom of Dwimordene

Right!... I just completely blanked out on that.
Old 06-23-2012, 06:25 AM   #2436
Inziladun
Gruesome Spectre

Happy Birthday, Mithalwen! I know you're barely out of your 'tweens', of course.
Old 06-23-2012, 07:41 AM   #2437
Galadriel55
Blossom of Dwimordene

Happy birthday, O Greatest Among the Eldar! Best wishes to Mithalwen!
Old 06-23-2012, 07:58 AM   #2438
Mithalwen
Pilgrim Soul

Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inziladun View Post
Happy Birthday, Mithalwen! I know you're barely out of your 'tweens', of course.
Still a teenager in Elf years Inzil :P Thanks Gally,

Old 06-23-2012, 02:26 PM   #2439
Hilde Bracegirdle
Relic of Wandering Days

Hilde Bracegirdle has just left Hobbiton.
Hope that you've been up to some fun. Happy Birthday, Mithalwen!
Hilde Bracegirdle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2012, 02:55 PM   #2440
Mithalwen
Pilgrim Soul

Thank you Hilde.. fun was had and we toasted a couple of Downers for whom the day was yet more special.