The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Announcements and Obituaries > The Barrow-Downs
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-19-2011, 11:11 AM   #2281
Pitchwife
Wight of the Old Forest

Location: Unattended on the railway station, in the litter at the dancehall
Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
1420!

Here's to a great role-player and the most forbearing of Werewolf Mods. Happy birthday, Foley!
Old 11-22-2011, 06:34 AM   #2282
Inziladun
Gruesome Spectre

Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
A very Happy Birthday to Pearl!
Old 11-22-2011, 08:35 AM   #2283
Galadriel55
Blossom of Dwimordene

Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Happy birthday Greenie! May your smile shine upon the Downs ever longer!
Old 11-22-2011, 08:41 AM   #2284
Pitchwife
Wight of the Old Forest

Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Palantir-Green

Happy birthday Greeniemuna! I'd say you're A Big Grown Green now.
Old 11-27-2011, 04:28 AM   #2285
Galadriel55
Blossom of Dwimordene

Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Happy birthday Hilde!
Old 11-27-2011, 02:37 PM   #2286
Hilde Bracegirdle
Relic of Wandering Days

Hilde Bracegirdle has just left Hobbiton.
Why thanks very much Galadriel55! I wish you much happiness as well!
Hilde Bracegirdle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2011, 06:39 AM   #2287
Mithalwen
Pilgrim Soul

Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Belated happy birthday Hilde..

Christopher Tolkien, Requiescat in pace
Mithalwen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2011, 06:50 PM   #2288
Hilde Bracegirdle
Relic of Wandering Days

Your wish is my command, Mithalwen! I did have a very pleasant day today, and hope that you may say the same! I only wish I could share a bit of the ice cream cake that is languishing in my freezer, but unfortunately the postal service might object.
Old 11-28-2011, 07:01 PM   #2289
Mithalwen
Pilgrim Soul

Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
I will take the thought - and the reason I was late is because I spent the day going up to London to meet Aganzir, and Kath and the Squatter of Amon Rudh and it was a merry meeting in a most hobbit friendly setting though being rather taller than a hobbit I had to watch my head...

Old 11-28-2011, 07:44 PM   #2290
Hilde Bracegirdle
Relic of Wandering Days

Ah, then you did have a good 27th! Very nice! But I do hope you met in a "hole in the wall" rather than a "hole in the ground", which in London might just be the Underground.
Old 11-29-2011, 04:29 AM   #2291
Mithalwen
Pilgrim Soul

It was the ground actually! Though I did get the tube up from Waterloo - shame since it would have been a nice day to walk it but not having ventured into London since I trashed my knee last year I didn't want to push my luck. Gordon's is a cellar bar with low vaulted ceilings like brick lined smials and lit only by candlelight. What with even the centre of the arch being close to my height in heels I had to be careful so I did really feel it was hobbitty. thereis another door onto a terrace and then a park so I think any hobbit that ventured into the big city might feel at home- though alas old winyards was not on the Wine list.

Old 11-29-2011, 08:56 AM   #2292
Bęthberry
Cryptic Aura

Bęthberry is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Bęthberry is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Bęthberry is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Bęthberry is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
This is what happens when I don't visit regularly!

I'm sorry I missed your birthday, Hilde Bracegirdle, but I do hope you had the best of celebrations under a Party Tree with lots of 'srooms and ale.

What are you looking forward to for the coming year? And what have you been up to lately? And, well, I hope things are splendid out your way.
Old 11-29-2011, 07:47 PM   #2293
Hilde Bracegirdle
Relic of Wandering Days

Mithalwen, Gordon's sounds perfect! But I wonder how they would have reacted had you shed the elegance of heels and made yourself at home! I'd be tempted to find out.

Bethberry! Hello, hello! I think I will be saving that party tree celebration for my 111th, certainly did chose a poor month for it though, didn't I? My paper lanterns would run a fair chance of sprouting icicles!

Now about those 'shrooms'. Had a large helping of criminis and roast fowl with capers. But there is always good food in the Bracegirdle house, birthday or no.

As for the year, I'm off to start a new adventure next month, which I do hope proves splendid! After 2 years of waiting, I'm finally getting released from my current job and will be starting the new one. It feels unbelievably good to be able to move on.
Old 11-30-2011, 09:07 PM   #2294
Galadriel55
Blossom of Dwimordene

Happy birthday Almesiva!
Old 12-01-2011, 04:52 AM   #2295
Mithalwen
Pilgrim Soul

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hilde Bracegirdle View Post
Mithalwen, Gordon's sounds perfect! But I wonder how they would have reacted had you shed the elegance of heels and made yourself at home! I'd be tempted to find out.
Actually Hilde, I only changed into them going in and they were not particularly elegant heels - more office everyday type than party ones- but having hardly worn anything but clogs or my lovely lavender timberlands for a year due to a slow recovering knee injury I felt I should make an effort going up to Lunnon...

And the bar was so dark that noone would have seen..though the stone floor would have been a mite cold on not hobbit-hardy feet and it got so busy they might have been squashed my precious....

Old 12-04-2011, 08:29 AM   #2296
Inziladun
Gruesome Spectre

Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
1420!

Happy Birthday to that Nogrod fellow!
Old 12-04-2011, 08:54 AM   #2297
Galadriel55
Blossom of Dwimordene

Happy birthday Nog! Many more WW, recordings, moots, and wurst, and essay-free days!
Old 12-04-2011, 10:08 AM   #2298
Pitchwife
Wight of the Old Forest

1420!

Happy birthday Nog! Live long & prosper (and don't let them essays wurst you)!
Old 12-04-2011, 03:55 PM   #2299
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Location: Wearing rat's coat, crowskin, crossed staves in a field behaving as the wind behaves
Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via MSN to Nogrod
Thanks.

The essays almost wursted me, but I hope I'll survive...
Nogrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2011, 04:55 PM   #2300
Eönwë
Flame Imperishable

Eönwë is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Eönwë is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Eönwë is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Happy birthday to Noggie, and all those whose birthdays I've missed.
Old 12-06-2011, 08:38 AM   #2301
Inziladun
Gruesome Spectre

Well, Happy Birthday G55!

Fifteen was a while back for me, but a good year nonetheless.
Old 12-06-2011, 01:55 PM   #2302
Mithalwen
Pilgrim Soul

Seconded On the while back and wishes .. I remember it being too full of exams to be a great year but I hope it will be for Galadriel...

Many happy returns little cub...

Old 12-06-2011, 02:00 PM   #2303
Pitchwife
Wight of the Old Forest

Thirded on both accounts. Happy birthday, G55, and may you still haunt these Downs at 51!
Old 12-06-2011, 02:48 PM   #2304
Guinevere
Banshee of Camelot

Guinevere is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Silmaril

Many happy returns of the day, Galadriel 55!
Old 12-06-2011, 06:14 PM   #2305
Aganzir
Woman of Secret Shadow

Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Happy birthday Gal - even though I admit being two hours late!
Old 12-06-2011, 08:46 PM   #2306
Galadriel55
Blossom of Dwimordene

Thank you all muchly. Your congratulations make me feel happy and special - no other girl my age that I know gets such wishes from all over the world.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agan
even though I admit being two hours late!
Not by my time you ain't.
Old 12-09-2011, 02:17 PM   #2307
Galadriel55
Blossom of Dwimordene

Happy birthday Elra!
Old 12-15-2011, 06:23 AM   #2308
Galadriel55
Blossom of Dwimordene

Happy birthday TEW and Lari!
Old 12-15-2011, 10:28 AM   #2309
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.
Seconded happy birthday to TEW and Lari and, as I have noticed only now, one-week-belated happy birthday to Galadriel55! (Haven't noticed when it came, I had been exactly away from 'Downs during those days!) Hope it was at least a good one, but seems at least with the 'Downers' wishes, it was, so good
"Should the story say 'he ate bread,' the dramatic producer can only show 'a piece of bread' according to his taste or fancy, but the hearer of the story will think of bread in general and picture it in some form of his own." -On Fairy-Stories
Legate of Amon Lanc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2011, 04:41 PM   #2310
Galadriel55
Blossom of Dwimordene

Belated thank-you to Legate! It was indeed a good one.
Old 12-15-2011, 05:11 PM   #2311
Pitchwife
Wight of the Old Forest

1420!

Happy birthday Lari and TEWie! Hope to see both of you werewolfing again some time!
Old 12-17-2011, 10:32 AM   #2312
Inziladun
Gruesome Spectre

Happy Birthday to Andsigil, and belatedly to Lari and TEW.
Old 12-17-2011, 10:42 AM   #2313
Galadriel55
Blossom of Dwimordene

Happy birthday Andsigil!
Old 12-21-2011, 04:58 PM   #2314
Galadriel55
Blossom of Dwimordene

Happy birthday and best wishes to Oddwen! May we yet see many more oddities from you!
Old 12-22-2011, 08:05 AM   #2315
Inziladun
Gruesome Spectre

Happy 21st Birthday to Agan!

I would ordinarily say, "Don't do anything I wouldn't do." But in this case, I think it would be a lost cause.
Old 12-22-2011, 12:55 PM   #2316
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.
Hyvää syntymäpäivää, Agan!
"Should the story say 'he ate bread,' the dramatic producer can only show 'a piece of bread' according to his taste or fancy, but the hearer of the story will think of bread in general and picture it in some form of his own." -On Fairy-Stories
Legate of Amon Lanc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2011, 01:52 PM   #2317
Pitchwife
Wight of the Old Forest

White-Hand

Happy wurstday, Agan (and belatedly over here to Oddwen)!
Old 12-22-2011, 04:23 PM   #2318
Galadriel55
Blossom of Dwimordene

Happy birthday Agan! What Legate said.

And happy birthday Meela!
Old 12-22-2011, 06:04 PM   #2319
Aganzir
Woman of Secret Shadow

Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inziladun View Post
I would ordinarily say, "Don't do anything I wouldn't do." But in this case, I think it would be a lost cause.
Ahaha! Thank you everyone. I didn't do anything naughty though!
Old 01-04-2012, 05:19 PM   #2320
Inziladun
Gruesome Spectre

Happy Birthday to Lhuna!