The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Fun and Games > Middle-earth Mirth
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-27-2004, 10:20 AM   #1
Fordim Hedgethistle
Gibbering Gibbet

Fordim Hedgethistle has been trapped in the Barrow!
Question How do you imagine other BDers?

All right, I admit, I can't help myself: I'm always trying to form mental images of other BDers. It's a sickness. I don't really want to know what my fellow Downers are like in the real world, since it's what goes on here that matters, but for some reason I just get these really intense visions of certain people. I was wondering if this is the same for others out there?

To get the ball rolling. The following are some of the BDers who I have very clearly defined pictures of in my mind's eye:

Durelin: She has very black, very straight, shoulder-length hair. She's not very tall (sorry Durelin), but carries herself with assurance. She wears glasses, but they're very trendy and selected to match her wardrobe which is dominated by sensible, solid colours. Her eyes are probably brown, but might be dark green.

Saucepan Man: He is very skinny and tall, lanky possibly, but with the first signs of a pot belly (sorry SpM). He has a beard that he likes to keep closely and neatly trimmed, but he can't always manage that. Hair and eyes are brown, with the hair slightly curly. His fingers are long and nimble. He likes to wear sweaters and cords, or possibly khakis, never jeans. His clothes are well made and fit properly, but they're all just a little threadbare.

Pio: She wears her hair in a bun that is always threatening to come loose; the colour of her hair is probably auburn or red, most likely a deep brown with red highlights. Her eyes are absolutely brown. She is very tall and walks with great aplomb. She desses in cotton shifts and dresses only, except when she is gardening, which is when the old overalls come out. She likes to wear hats, but prefers sensible things that keep off the sun to frouffy beflowered things. She has a few freckles and burns easily (hence the hats).

Kransha: He is of medium height and build (sorry Kransha), with black hair that's always getting in his eyes. He has a goatee that he thinks is quite fetching but some find it a little silly (very sorry Kransha). His eyes are dark brown. He likes to wear dark clothes, usually a button down shirt with jeans or dark trousers. He smiles a lot, and wears glasses -- small, round glasses that are supposed to look like Lennon's, and sometimes do.

I hope nobody takes offense. I hope even more fervently that I don't find out what these people actually look like, as this is much more fun.

There are a number of people around here who I would like to have a mental picture of but do not, as of yet: Aman, Himaran, Eowyn Skywalker, Nurumaiel, Aylwen (although I'm pretty close to one with her), The Barrow Wight, Esty and Bethberry are currently at the top of my wish-list.

Last edited by Fordim Hedgethistle; 06-27-2004 at 10:24 AM.
Fordim Hedgethistle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2004, 11:18 AM   #2
Firefoot
Illusionary Holbytla

Firefoot has been trapped in the Barrow!
I must admit, there are many people who look suspiciously like their avatars ... in particular Saucepan Man and Estelyn. There are a few though...

Finwe: tallish, with long, shiny jet-black hair. She is very confident, both in the way she walks and dresses, and she looks just as good in jeans and a T-shirt as in stylish clothes. A rather sophisticated face, with dark eyes. The hair is what stands out most to me, I don't know why.

Nilpaurion Felagund: Tall, with spiked blonde hair. He has light blue eyes, or maybe green. For some reason it is very easy to imagine him with a surf board.

I agree with Fordim that Pio should have auburn hair.

More when I think of them...
Firefoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2004, 11:20 AM   #3
Durelin
Estelo dagnir, Melo ring

Durelin is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Durelin is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
1420!

Quote:
Durelin: She has very black, very straight, shoulder-length hair. She's not very tall (sorry Durelin), but carries herself with assurance. She wears glasses, but they're very trendy and selected to match her wardrobe which is dominated by sensible, solid colours. Her eyes are probably brown, but might be dark green.

I will definitely not mar your image of me, as it is very fun...I seem so much more interesting in this description. Let met just tell you that one or two parts of it are very close to correct.

I am just flattered to know that I have an image in your mind... Should I be flattered by this?

Unfortunately, I am not one to picture anything in my head. For someone I have never seen, there is always a vague image of sorts that I associate the person with. I will just say that you, Fordim, are an ever changing image of some dusty old professor with a beaky nose and small, round glasses...very much a 'Giles from Buffy' figure. (very sorry, Fordim)

-Durelin

Last edited by Durelin; 06-27-2004 at 12:12 PM.
Durelin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2004, 11:58 AM   #4
Mithalwen
Pilgrim Soul

Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
If I may but in then the Giles from Buffy thing is really a compliment - Anthony Head's most famous pre-Buffy role was as the absolute dreamboat next door neighbour in a long running UK coffee commercial....
Mithalwen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2004, 12:25 PM   #5
Feanor of the Peredhil
La Belle Dame sans Merci

Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Send a message via MSN to Feanor of the Peredhil
Silmaril

I'll admit it... I don't necessarily picture the complete image of people, but more like bits and pieces. Even when I'm creating original characters for my own work, they come together VERY slowly. But I have got a few "images" of you all. Forgive me if they are completely off, just remember: my imagination, not yours. Neh neh neh neh boo boo.

Lady Snickerdoodle: You, Snick, have a pair of hazel eyes that give off a "gleam" when you are plotting something, or remembering a particularly funny instance.

Mithadan: Mith's got tawny hair (somewhat unkempt), going slightly silver in the temple area. He's taller than most, and wears mostly khakis or cords, with brown leather shoes, and button up shirts. His ties are usually loosely tied or long-since-untied, but have interesting pictures on them. He is usually working on half a cup of cold coffee. He's never broken the matching belt/shoes rule.

Firefoot: You, Firefoot, are a tall and lanky redhead, with a penchant for explosives and/or staying up 'til the wee hours around bonfires while shooting the breeze with friends.

The Barrow Wight: A thirty-something year old comic book fan with an ever growing list of Things To Do, Mister BW has a pair of square-framed glasses that he usually forgets he's wearing on top of his head.

Eowyn Skywalker: Ms. Skywalker has a well broken in pair of combat boots (good girl ) and can usually be seen trying to flick her dark brown hair (with gold and red streaks) out of her face, so she doesn't miss her mark while playing with her homemade swords.

Fordim Hedgethistle: Fordim has the sort of Presence that when he walks into a room, people notice, and when he says something, people listen. Even for all of his power, Fordim isn't the least bit arrogant. He doesn't know there IS a matching belt/shoe rule.

Once again, sorry if I'm absurdly wrong.

Fea
Old 06-27-2004, 12:02 PM   #6
Son of Númenor
A Shade of Westernesse

Son of Númenor has just left Hobbiton.
This is a great idea, Fordim. I have a loosely formed mental image of almost everyone who I interact with here, as well as prototype images like "annoying newby", "Legolas lover" (eerily similar, although one is male and the other female, respectively), and "the Quiz Room BDer". I probably fall under the former category, but hey, I know what I look like.

Here are a few BDers who I try to picture based on their posting personalities:

Kransha - A wiry, sinister looking Brit, with a prominent nose, spectactles and a Van Dyke. He probably wears a leather jacket and smokes cigarettes. Sorry, Kransha, for adding another unflattering verbal drawing of you to what Fordim already said, but your self-proclaimed evilness makes it easier.

The Barrow-Wight - Tall, dark-haired, with dark, intense eyes that will quickly lighten up with a good laugh. It is a vague picture, but distinct from my images of other BDers nonetheless. This is by no means intended as shameless sucking-up, but I picture the B-W rather the same as I picture Beren when I read The Silmarillion.

This is fun. I will do more later, when I've read what other people write.

Has anyone seen the Chat Mod/Wight pics? I can't get the image of Gregory Peck out of my head whenever I read one of Mithadan's posts.

Here is a list of BDers, in alphabetical order, who I picture as their avatars (however unrealistic the pictures are):

Durelin (the old, less creepy one)
Fordim Hedgethistle
The Perky Ent (the old Calvin one, not Strong Bad)
Rimbaud
Saucepan Man, The
Squatter of Amon Rudh, The
"This miserable drizzling afternoon I have been reading up old military lecture-notes again:- and getting bored with them after an hour and a half. I have done some touches to my nonsense fairy language - to its improvement."
Son of Númenor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2004, 12:17 PM   #7
Sirithheruwen
Shade of Carn Dûm

Sirithheruwen has just left Hobbiton.
*NOTE: NONE OF THESE IMAGININGS ARE MEANT TO INSULT.*

Saphire_Flame: Short, shoulder-length curly brown hair, laughs a lot, perky, outgoing, blues eyes, female.

Tinuviel of Denton : tall, willowy (sp?), quiet, long wavy blonde/brown hair, grey eyes, intelligent, female.

Naz: Wild, outgoing, life-of-the-party, black hair, brown eyes, short, female.

Finwe: smart, female, long straight black hair, thin, medium-height, quiet until you get to know her, hazel eyes.
Old 06-27-2004, 12:36 PM   #8
Sleepy Ranger
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Sleepy Ranger has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Sleepy Ranger Send a message via MSN to Sleepy Ranger Send a message via Yahoo to Sleepy Ranger
The Eye

Quote:
I must admit, there are many people who look suspiciously like their avatars
Well, hate to dissapoint you mate but I don't look a thing like my avatar and I doubt you look like you avatar either. I mean a horse?
Old 06-27-2004, 02:15 PM   #9
Sirithheruwen
Shade of Carn Dûm

Sirithheruwen has just left Hobbiton.
Quote:
I must admit, there are many people who look suspiciously like their avatars
Well, I got a lot of posts on the "Fave Avatars" thread that said mine was really scary, so I'm curious to know if anyone thinks I look like my avvie!

Durelin: Ever since you let slip that your name is Rachael (sp?) (at least, I think it was you...), I have imagined you to look exactly like my friend who just happens to be named Rachael too. She has short, honey-colored hair, is somewhat short, and really perky.
Old 06-27-2004, 03:37 PM   #10
Firefoot
Illusionary Holbytla

Firefoot has been trapped in the Barrow!
Quote:
so I'm curious to know if anyone thinks I look like my avvie!
Actually, I do. But I also said I liked your avvie...

Sleepy Ranger: No, you don't look like your avatar. You have a mischievous face, and brown curly hair that looks like you just woke up. You where T-shirts and broken in jeans, and when you aren't on the computer you are skateboarding.

Eowyn Skywalker: Medium length light brown hair - possibly streaked. Average height. She is usually smiling and has an easy laugh. When she gets defensive there is a fierce look to her eyes. She is athletic looking.

Mr. Underhill
: There is something dark about your appearance. A wide hat brim shades your eyes so that they aren't readily seen.
Quote:
Firefoot: You, Firefoot, are a tall and lanky redhead, with a penchant for explosives and/or staying up 'til the wee hours around bonfires while shooting the breeze with friends.
Very interesting... I won't tell you how true it is.
Firefoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2004, 03:44 PM   #11
Lady Snickerdoodle
Shade of Carn Dûm

Lady Snickerdoodle has just left Hobbiton.
Quote:
Lady Snickerdoodle: You, Snick, have a pair of hazel eyes that give off a "gleam" when you are plotting something, or remembering a particularly funny instance.
Completely flattered, Fea. not saying if its accurate or not.
The feature that stands out to ME about you, Feanor, is your mouth. You pout a lot (in a good way), stick your tongue out at people but smile and laugh the rest of the time. And you're a tomboy.

Nilpaurion Felagund: dark hair, dark eyes. you have a rubber chicken dangling out of your back pocket. (no idea, but it seems to fit!)

Saraphim: you seem moderately punk-ish to me... (again, i mean that in a good way) and i imagine that you always have a manga or anime book close at hand.

Sirhirtheruwen: bohemian chic, carrying around a notebook with doodling and random passages stuck in it. Constantly murmuring jokes and quips under your breath to make everyone around you crack up.

The Barrow Wight: a bit like a younger Gandalf, forbidding and intimidating but ocassionally you forget to look official which ruins your credibility.

Last edited by Lady Snickerdoodle; 06-27-2004 at 03:48 PM.
Lady Snickerdoodle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2004, 06:25 AM   #12
Kransha
Ubiquitous Urulóki

Location: The port of Mars, where Famine, Sword, and Fire, leash'd in like hounds, crouch for employment
Kransha has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Kransha
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fordim Hedgethistle
Kransha: He is of medium height and build (sorry Kransha), with black hair that's always getting in his eyes. He has a goatee that he thinks is quite fetching but some find it a little silly (very sorry Kransha). His eyes are dark brown. He likes to wear dark clothes, usually a button down shirt with jeans or dark trousers. He smiles a lot, and wears glasses -- small, round glasses that are supposed to look like Lennon's, and sometimes do.
Well, I can't even come close to imagining the physical and/or mental features of many others here, but they have certainly pinpointed me. Just for clarification:

Yes, I have some facial hair which I find fetching, but it is actually combined with a undeveloped moustache, so I can chide you for that, Fordim. I fancy I look I bit more like Vladimir Lenin than I do like John Lennon, but you were right about the glasses (as you were about figure, build, hair color and...most everything else *sobs at how translucent I am, but immediately stops, realizing people can now imagine what he looks like when sobbing*) I think the choice of clothing varies, but also right genuinely. Oh, I've been read like a book, and I can hardly do the same in return.

As to Son of Numenor, wiry and sinister are probably good words on the subject, and I've been told I look like a brit, though I am not one. I am a proud non-smoker, but I've been known to quaff a keg of vodka or two...Otherwise, right on. And yes, to whoever honored me with the title 'prominent,' I do have a prominent nose. I think it might be hooked, but I can't tell, because my seven years of bad luck have yet to wear off.

For y'all, I can only say the most simple of things. I am convinced that our esteemed F. Hedgesthistle Esq. is either a very large, powerful, and intelligent demigod, or a semi-imposing fellow with a modest fashion sense, a commanding voice, a powerful resolve, and a brain that basically wants out, as there is not enough room in his skull. I have a vague picture, which is of a man in a jacket with a very neatly framed face and build, though not intimidating, but this is another stem off.

I have several other pictures in my small, rudely limited head, but I must go. I'll go into that later, and I advise most moderators to beware, for I shall soon be trying my hand at your descriptions, and it shan't be pretty in the least, (save Bethberry and Pio, who struck me as being very much so, though that is, again, a mental image). For now, the stage awaits!

-Aeschylus, Song of the Furies
Kransha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2004, 07:59 AM   #13
The Saucepan Man
Corpus Cacophonous

The Saucepan Man has been trapped in the Barrow!
Thumbs up

Quote:
Saucy is always, but always, sauced. His red rimmed eyes and bulbous nose gives away his binge drinking nights, though during the day he tries to pretend that he is Okay. His clothes are muddy and torn, but he doesn’t notice, playing the dashing rogue wherever he goes. He wears a pork pie hat and smokes old stogies.
Closest yet.
Old 06-29-2004, 08:15 AM   #14
Eomer of the Rohirrim
Auspicious Wraith

Eomer of the Rohirrim is a guest at the Prancing Pony.Eomer of the Rohirrim is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Boots

Diamond chips in with some truly brutal (if hilarious) descriptions of other Downers. I feel bad about stealing this chance from the people she picked but I'm going to have a go.

Diamond is tall and slender with messy, matted and long brown hair. She has a smile which is of aquired taste (though still nice) but few people notice because of her demented eyes. These are eyes that have surely seen spectres flying about her room the previous night because they seem to be staring right through you and into a distant galaxy. She wears baggy 'rock star chic' clothes straight out of the thrift stores and is constantly told how cool her clothes are by her friends, despite the fact that she barely notices what she's wearing, as her mind is constantly fixed on other, more important issues such as 'How to gain control over her home city/town' or what new thread to post on Middle-earth Mirth. She is extremely friendly and will talk to any weirdo who approaches her but consciously makes a mental note of them for later. As a result she has a nigh on perfect memory of everything she has ever done or said.
Old 06-29-2004, 08:58 AM   #15
Goldberry
Shade of Carn Dûm

Goldberry has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Goldberry
In my mind, Eomer of the Rohirrim is Andrew W.K.
Old 06-29-2004, 10:11 AM   #16
Feanor of the Peredhil
La Belle Dame sans Merci

Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Send a message via MSN to Feanor of the Peredhil
Silmaril

Quote:
The feature that stands out to ME about you, Feanor, is your mouth. You pout a lot (in a good way), stick your tongue out at people but smile and laugh the rest of the time. And you're a tomboy.
I showed this to my brother and he snickered. I showed it to my boyfriend and he cracked up. Have you been following me around? This is the closest description of myself I've ever read. Too bad you didn't mention my looks... I'd be interested to read how you think I appear to people.

Fea
Old 06-29-2004, 02:58 PM   #17
Diamond18
Eidolon of a Took

Diamond18 is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eomer of the Rohirrim
Diamond is tall and slender with messy, matted and long brown hair. She has a smile which is of aquired taste (though still nice) but few people notice because of her demented eyes. These are eyes that have surely seen spectres flying about her room the previous night because they seem to be staring right through you and into a distant galaxy.
Oh wow. This is so dead on its scary. I'm not sure 5'6" is consider "tall" so much as "not short", but. And I do have really long brown hair, which gets messy if I leave it alone for more than a couple hours. The description of smile and eyes, however, are just psychic.

Quote:
She wears baggy 'rock star chic' clothes straight out of the thrift stores and is constantly told how cool her clothes are by her friends, despite the fact that she barely notices what she's wearing,
Actually, no, but that is pretty funny. I couldn't do this because I would be fired, and one can't gain control of her workplace when one is unemployed. Dress to impress, and all that.

Quote:
as her mind is constantly fixed on other, more important issues such as 'How to gain control over her home city/town' or what new thread to post on Middle-earth Mirth. She is extremely friendly and will talk to any weirdo who approaches her but consciously makes a mental note of them for later. As a result she has a nigh on perfect memory of everything she has ever done or said.
Ha! I love it.

Eomer of the Rohirrim

Eomer seeks to emulate the Warg, and indeed, there is much that is naturally Wargish about him. His shoulders are great and hulking hams of meaty flesh, but his legs are kind of skinny. He wears his dirty blond hair long, but there are always bits of sticks and such in it from the hours he spends rooting about in the woods after his elusive first Warg sighting. His clothes suit his rugged pursuits, hefty wools and aged but tough leather. They are torn and patched in many places. He always has a chunk of chaw in the corner of his mouth, and he periodically spits out a stream of brownish liquid before arching his eyebrows, squinting, and darting into the nearby underbrush after what may be a Warg and may be an oversized rabbit.
Old 06-29-2004, 03:21 PM   #18
Kransha
Ubiquitous Urulóki

Location: The port of Mars, where Famine, Sword, and Fire, leash'd in like hounds, crouch for employment
Kransha has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Kransha
Eru forgive me

Alright, I am unsure of many things in this world (one being the gender of several people I am about to post about), but one thing I most definitely DO know is that I, after the next recitation, will be stoned…so, please, stick to pebbles…

A Completely Off Topic Ode to a Few Barrow-Downers

Aman, mistress of the Dragon
Always has the final flagon.
Eomer’s got more bite than bark
Like a warg in darkest dark.
Fordim might not have a care
But in mind he’s loads to spare.
BW’s green, not black, not gray
And he’ll steal your life away.
Saucepan’s sauced without a fuss,
His garb of choice cacophonous.
Estelyn’s a madam great
Who puts some fun in all our fate.
Nuru is a lass who’s true
With a speck of ‘jolly’ too.
Bethberry, O regal maid,
Not a crude word ever said.
Firefoot strikes me quite the horse;
Steed of hero’s (but of course!).
Perky is a tricky lad
Throughout his days his ne’er been had.
E. Skywalker’s got quite a theme
With her the force is strong, it seems.
Meela, timid she is not,
Who says Stewards aren’t ‘hot?’
I, though, am a simple man,
With too much time on my hands…

Yours, most sincerely,
Official Barrow-Downs Sovereign of Sinister, Duke of Doom, Baron of Belligerence, Earl of Evilness, Tsar of Terribleness, Count of Calamity, Minister of Mischief, Master of Mayhem, Bringer of Bellicosity, Monarch of Madness, Lord of Lackadaisicalness, Ambassador of Anarchy, Messenger of Messiness, and All-Around Evil, Evil, Evil, Fellow,
Kransha, (who looks exactly like his avatar)

-Aeschylus, Song of the Furies
Kransha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2004, 05:37 AM   #19
Thorongil
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Thorongil has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via MSN to Thorongil
Quote:
Thorongil (if i spelled that right.... sorry if i didn't), the blond hair thing must be a direct result of your avatar. i think so, anyway.
Perfect spelling, but I don't think I look very much like my avatar, so if you go by that you'd be wrong.
Old 07-09-2004, 06:05 AM   #20
mark12_30
Stormdancer of Doom

Location: Elvish singing is not a thing to miss, in June under the stars
mark12_30 has been trapped in the Barrow!
Send a message via AIM to mark12_30 Send a message via Yahoo to mark12_30
Mister Underhill and I are identical twins.
Old 09-26-2005, 11:57 PM   #21
Hookbill the Goomba
Alive without breath

Hookbill the Goomba is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Hookbill the Goomba is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Hookbill the Goomba is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Hookbill the Goomba is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Sorry for insulting you Formendacil!

But on a lighter note, I have recently replaced my image of Gil-gallad with one of a young-ish Canadian with black hair, orange eyes (no idea why) and a giant slug as a pet. Nilp sometimes goes to feed it with other giant creatures. *Sees that everyone thinks I am crazy*
Old 09-27-2005, 08:13 AM   #22
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

Location: In a tiny, insignificant little town in one of the many States.
Folwren is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Folwren is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Quote:
Originally placed by Nilp:
For example, if I were to find out that you're actually a 27-year old birdtamer from New Mexico, with long brown hair, green eyes, and a pet emu, I'd be very much surprised!
lol! I would be surprised, too, actually. If that description of me would surprise you, what do you picture me as?

-- Folwren
Old 09-28-2005, 05:50 AM   #23
Nilpaurion Felagund
Scion of The Faithful

Location: The brink, where hope and despair are akin. [The Philippines]
Nilpaurion Felagund is a guest at the Prancing Pony.Nilpaurion Felagund is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Leaf

Quote:
lol! I would be surprised, too, actually. If that description of me would surprise you, what do you picture me as? (Folwren)
I dunno . . . a small brownish songbirds of the family Troglodytidae, having rounded wings, a slender bill, and a short, often erect tail?

A wren, you mean?

Ummm yeah. Sorry Folwren, you come across me as one of them mysterious types.
Nilpaurion Felagund is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2005, 03:08 PM   #24
mormegil
Maundering Mage

mormegil is a guest at the Prancing Pony.mormegil is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Okay I have some more. Mine are becoming objects rather than clothing but it's what best describes them in my mind

Rune son of Bjarne is a Cairn
Estelyn is simple yet elegant silk gown
Gil-Galad is The Tick
Formendacil is Newton's Cradle
Old 10-12-2005, 04:59 PM   #25
Formendacil
Dead Serious

Formendacil is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Formendacil is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Formendacil is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Formendacil is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Send a message via AIM to Formendacil Send a message via MSN to Formendacil
Quote:
Originally Posted by mormegil
Formendacil is Newton's Cradle
I suppose maybe I am...

What IS that thing?
Old 10-12-2005, 06:03 PM   #26
Encaitare
Bittersweet Symphony

Encaitare is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Quote:
What IS that thing?
You know, you pick up one of the balls to the side and let it drop so it hits the others, and the force goes through so the ball on the opposite side swings out and it just keeps going... until they all start swinging and then you have to start over.
Encaitare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2005, 04:35 AM   #27
Nilpaurion Felagund
Scion of The Faithful

Location: The brink, where hope and despair are akin. [The Philippines]
Nilpaurion Felagund is a guest at the Prancing Pony.Nilpaurion Felagund is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Leaf Pop!

Kath, I don't think you sound continually exasperated (I guess I should know. ). Maybe it's just how you post at Werewolves.

Enedwaith,

Quote:
Nilp is a pair of leg-warmers (morm)
Haha! Why do you say that?
Nilpaurion Felagund is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2006, 02:04 PM   #28
Hookbill the Goomba
Alive without breath

Hookbill the Goomba is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Hookbill the Goomba is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Hookbill the Goomba is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Hookbill the Goomba is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Thumbs up

That’s weird, Sleepy, because, a lot of people say I look like this guy:

I don't know if anyone outside Blighty knows who that is.

Anyway, I've recently found myself imagining Eomer as Brian from Family guy. He looks vaguely Snoopy-ish... I think. Only, he'd wear a kilt.

(Dibnah, may you Rest In Peace).
Old 04-29-2006, 03:00 PM   #29
THE Ka
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

THE Ka is a guest at the Prancing Pony.THE Ka is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Send a message via MSN to THE Ka
Quote:
Perhaps the second most common resemblance people have made. I'm not really sure how I look like Lennon but... *shrug*
I know what you mean dear, every time I get around to making a portrait of you this happens... It's a Memorex moment:

"Ooh! You've done another Ka! Pastel this time? Van Gogh's? Good, Good... Is that Lennon? No wait! You've told me three times before! It's..."

It's almost akin to a From most angles, Rousseau looks like Kalvin Klein... moment.

But dear, to quote Patsy: You are absolutely fabulous, dahhhling...

~ Ka
THE Ka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2006, 03:48 PM   #30
Morai
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Morai has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via MSN to Morai Send a message via Yahoo to Morai Send a message via Skype™ to Morai
Boots Random Titles get hosted

Everyone knows those television show hosts. I imagine most of our BD moderators as those folk. The specifics will come later.
Old 07-13-2006, 05:44 PM   #31
Rune Son of Bjarne
Odinic Wanderer

Location: Under the Raven banner, between tall Odin and white Christ!
Rune Son of Bjarne is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Rune Son of Bjarne is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Rune Son of Bjarne is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Send a message via AIM to Rune Son of Bjarne Send a message via MSN to Rune Son of Bjarne
I pretty much just want to get this thread going again

Sleepy looks like a young Harrison Ford !

Rune Son of Bjarne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2006, 11:34 PM   #32
Sleepy Ranger
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Sleepy Ranger has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Sleepy Ranger Send a message via MSN to Sleepy Ranger Send a message via Yahoo to Sleepy Ranger
Pipe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rune Son of Bjarne
Sleepy looks like a young Harrison Ford !
And now that I've finally seen you I can say that you look like that guy who's name eludes me at present.
Old 05-25-2007, 10:02 AM   #33
Beleg Cuthalion
Wight

Beleg Cuthalion has just left Hobbiton.
Eye

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thinlómien
Long hair isn't that difficult, you guys are just lazy...
Yeah, pretty much.

Quis ut Deus
Beleg Cuthalion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2007, 01:09 PM   #34
Beleg Cuthalion
Wight

Beleg Cuthalion has just left Hobbiton.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Morai
Aye. Perhaps a tint of midnight blue? Or maybe it has a red shine to it, or....GASP! Both?

I was trying to picture Morai, but the only things that come to mind are black and yellow. Go figure.

I think she must look like this. or this

~Beleg

Quis ut Deus
Beleg Cuthalion is offline   Reply With Quote