The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Fun and Games > Middle-earth Mirth
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 09-28-2009, 04:38 PM   #681
Roa_Aoife
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Roa_Aoife is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kath View Post
Ahem. Nerwen and Gwath had more posts than sally and if Rune had lived he would hardly have been quiet.
Loud ones can be caught later. Quiet ones you never know about, as this game proves. I'm sticking by my position.

I didn't say you're evil, Roa, I said you're exasperating. -Nerwen
Roa_Aoife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2009, 04:38 PM   #682
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Location: Wearing rat's coat, crowskin, crossed staves in a field behaving as the wind behaves
Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via MSN to Nogrod
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roa_Aoife View Post
Wait, Nogrod didn't wait for you to break the tie?
I had already written to my DL post that Sally should decide the draw and PM me about it... I actually posted it to the thread only to see Sally had changed her mind... (therefore the EDIT.EDIT.EDIT. -stuff there as I had to check and double check whehter it meant what I thought it meant...)
Nogrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2009, 04:39 PM   #683
Roa_Aoife
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gwathagor View Post
Haha. Self-serving!
Says the man hiding with an invisibility cloak.

Old 09-28-2009, 04:39 PM   #684
Gwathagor
Shade with a Blade

Gwathagor is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Gwathagor is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Gwathagor is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Send a message via AIM to Gwathagor Send a message via MSN to Gwathagor Send a message via Skype™ to Gwathagor
Quote:
Originally Posted by satansaloser2005 View Post
But....but....but....

*thinks each game needs a vote count person*

And for the record I was going to end up killing Nerwen. I thought about it on the way home and was like "No way, she's got to be a wolf".

*whimpers*
I thought about posting a vote count, but I realized it would only help you innocent types.
Old 09-28-2009, 04:40 PM   #685
Roa_Aoife
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nogrod View Post
I had already written to my DL post that Sally should decide the draw and PM me about it... I actually posted it to the thread only to see Sally had changed her mind... (therefore the EDIT.EDIT.EDIT. -stuff there as I had to check and double check whehter it meant what I thought it meant...)
Ah, I see.

Old 09-28-2009, 04:41 PM   #686
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Quote:
I thought about posting a vote count, but I realized it would only help you innocent types.
I thought about that when I went on my rampage into the kitchen. "Well why didn't Kath or Gwath post- Oh. Right."
satansaloser2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2009, 04:41 PM   #687
Gwathagor
Shade with a Blade

Gwathagor is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Gwathagor is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Gwathagor is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Send a message via AIM to Gwathagor Send a message via MSN to Gwathagor Send a message via Skype™ to Gwathagor
Well-played, everyone. Nienna and Sally and Loslote, you guys really had me scared there at the end. Really scared. Good teamwork.
Old 09-28-2009, 04:43 PM   #688
Kath
Everlasting Whiteness

Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Send a message via MSN to Kath
Yeah we were hardly about to help I'm afraid. Though I did nearly copy in the vote count I'd done for myself before realising how foolish that would be.
Old 09-28-2009, 04:44 PM   #689
Kath
Everlasting Whiteness

Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Send a message via MSN to Kath
Quote:
Nienna and Sally and Loslote, you guys really had me scared there at the end. Really scared.
Seconded. It was terrifying! Especially when Lommy got on side too.
Old 09-28-2009, 04:47 PM   #690
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Location: Wearing rat's coat, crowskin, crossed staves in a field behaving as the wind behaves
Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.
But I must agree with Gwath that it was super-tense the last Day!

First I was quite sure the innocents will lose, then I started believing they would get another Day... up to being sure it would be that way... only to find out the last twist...

And don't you worry Sally. Things happen.

And even if one could complain you didn't play too much in the early Days - and even if one would promise to try and get anyone lynched for that kind of (non-)activity in the next games - you really were a decisive factor on this last Day Gwath! *kudos*

There was so much on this game I need to come to them later as it's now coming 2AM and I need to get to sleep.

But thanks everyone! It was a fun game to mod, because of you and how you made it turn out with all those unforeseen ways! Great!

And say what you wish, but I think it was quite an even game in the end. The wolves made masterful picks where hunters basically triggered disasters. And still it was soo close in the end... and had it continued I think the innocents would have had the edge in turn.
Old 09-28-2009, 04:52 PM   #691
Roa_Aoife
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Oh, and for the record: I am slightly insulted by those who suggest I would make a resigned post and then disappear if I was a wolf. When I'm about to be lynched as a wolf, even if the seer has revealed me, I fight tooth and claw till the very end, stirring up as much chaos as possible for my fellow wolves to hide in. I take it as a matter of personal pride.

Old 09-28-2009, 04:56 PM   #692
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

I have to add this one...

So the Rangers failed their mission but no worries. Bandobras Took took care of the wolves even without them (little did you Rangers foresee that!).

Old 09-28-2009, 05:08 PM   #693
Mnemosyne
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Mnemosyne is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Mnemosyne is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Send a message via MSN to Mnemosyne Send a message via Yahoo to Mnemosyne
That is because Bandrobas Took wins at life.

In other news, this was a fun game to read and I'm actually massively glad that I didn't partake only because I got a lot of other stuff done as a result.
Old 09-28-2009, 05:31 PM   #694
Macalaure
Fading Fëanorion

Macalaure is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Macalaure is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Macalaure is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Considering how many possible protections there were, it's surprising how quick this game ended. Especially since it almost looked as if the innocents were still going to turn it around. Kudos to the wolves, great game.

And there ends my streak: in the six games that I got wolf-killed so far, my innocent side always won. *curses*
Macalaure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2009, 06:46 PM   #695
Loslote
The Werewolf's Companion

Loslote is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Loslote is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Loslote is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
I thought we had it! I disappear for three hours and you let the wolves win!

Great game, though. Nienna, Sally, we were close...
Old 09-28-2009, 06:55 PM   #696
Feanor of the Peredhil
La Belle Dame sans Merci

Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Send a message via MSN to Feanor of the Peredhil
*cough*

Sorry about the Legate thing.

I meant to change who I was Hunting and I forgot.

You can ask Nienna- I literally forgot about deadline every single Day and Night. That is a massive record.

The one where I didn't realize I'd missed deadline and forgotten to vote until three hours after, when I was watching the season premiere of Grey's? The night I went to IM Nienna about something random only to suddenly remember Day had started an hour or two before... The evening I got an e-mail from Nienna saying, "Wow, I really thought you were a wolf" and I realized that 1) Day had started, 2) I must have been Night-killed, and 3) I forgot I was still hunting someone I thought was innocent.

I mean... I completely epic failed at remembering DLs in this game. Bad me.
Old 09-28-2009, 06:59 PM   #697
Loslote
The Werewolf's Companion

Loslote is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Loslote is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Loslote is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
I got on at deadline a grand total of once this game.
Old 09-28-2009, 07:22 PM   #698
Nienna
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Nienna has been trapped in the Barrow!
Send a message via AIM to Nienna Send a message via MSN to Nienna
Good job wolves... I guess... Though I believe our Nienna, Sally, and Lottie trio was brilliant. And then Sally decides its a good idea to vote for the person the wolves were voting for... *shakes head*

No worries Sally though we did have it in the bag

At least we had the wolves working for that win. Though if the Hunters *coughFEAcough* had done their jobs...

Lommy I thought you did beautifully convincing us until a seed of doubt was planted for Sally.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sally
By the way, Nienna, you rock.
Thanks!

I agree with Roa about killing the silent ones... jeez.

Wolves why didn't you kill me? Did Kath tell you I was the Ranger?

I was the Ranger ps. in case no one got that.

My code was me telling Sally that Lottie had the same role has her but that was in ** so I was trying to tell her that she had the same role as me as we had planned out Sally false revealing...

Gwath what was with you and letters being capital out of place?... was that on purpose?
Old 09-28-2009, 07:23 PM   #699
Hakon
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Hakon is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
I feel the need to brag that I was the only one to kill a wolf in this game. I beat all these veteran players at finding a wolf. My first time as a gifted and I manage to get lynched but at the same time to take down a wolf with me. I loved being in the role of a gifted. The three people I picked was Roa, Boro and obviously Rune.
Old 09-28-2009, 07:27 PM   #700
Nienna
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Oh Hakon! I meant to say that!

I move for Hakon being MVP the game... as he seems to be the only one to be able to kill wolves.

Brinn kindly requests that she be made a winner too as her only vote was for a wolf.... and then they killed her.
Old 09-28-2009, 07:30 PM   #701
Inziladun
Gruesome Spectre

Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hakon View Post
I feel the need to brag that I was the only one to kill a wolf in this game. I beat all these veteran players at finding a wolf. My first time as a gifted and I manage to get lynched but at the same time to take down a wolf with me. I loved being in the role of a gifted. The three people I picked was Roa, Boro and obviously Rune.
Of course, it was a few voters (some a bit misguided ) that caused your demise at the very moment you had a wolf selected. I really thought we were off to a great start there.
Old 09-28-2009, 07:31 PM   #702
Loslote
The Werewolf's Companion

Rune and Valier were the only baddies to really be suspected until the end.

That one day when I was almost lynched I got on after deadline, but I hadn't seen the Lottie-lynch group, so I was sooo surprised... I guess it was inevitable, though...what with the Rune thing... So in the end, I was more surprised that you didn't lynch me that that you tried to.

Last edited by Loslote; 09-28-2009 at 07:31 PM. Reason: xed with Inzil
Loslote is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2009, 07:31 PM   #703
Hakon
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Hakon is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
I also want to say thank you for all the rep I have received for killing a wolf. Thank you Nienna for the nomination of MVP.
Old 09-28-2009, 07:32 PM   #704
Nienna
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

...as I keep spamming... I just wanted to mention Nog that I really liked that there was a role that could choose in a tie because whenever it is just a coin flip it feels sort of artificial.
Old 09-28-2009, 11:07 PM   #705
Gwathagor
Shade with a Blade

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nienna View Post

Gwath what was with you and letters being capital out of place?... was that on purpose?
Please tell me you spent hours trying to decide if it was a secret code or not. They were just accidents.
Old 09-28-2009, 11:39 PM   #706
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Quote:
Please tell me you spent hours trying to decide if it was a secret code or not. They were just accidents.
I spent five minutes, then realized it was either an accident or you were just screwing with me.
Old 09-29-2009, 01:09 AM   #707
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Ouch.

I really thought I had been convincing enought and we'd lynch Nerwen instead of me.

Epic fail Sally and epic fail hunters (except Hakon) and epic fail more or less all innocents more or less for all game.

But I don't really mind we lost - I was getting too busy for ww (yesterday I used tons of time for ww although I should've been studying) and the last Day really compensates for my lousy success percent (although I did vote Kath on Day1 and suspect her here and there!): I was really glad to find out that it is not that difficult to figure out the right way of things, more or less, with analysis, and that you actually can trust some people in ww, and that I'm not too proud to change my opinion completely in the middle of a Day!

Kudos to the wolves, you played so well. It took until the last Day for me to figure it out. I know I kept suspecting Kath every now and then, but that's what I always do. Nerwen, you only made yourself suspicious by that very opposturnistic vote against me. And once I started suspecting you may be a wolf, your past posts started to look worrying too. And Gwath, really, you are the worst, because even on the last Day I was considering you innocent on the expense of Lottie's innocence because you just seemed so genuine. *shakes head*

Thanks to everybody, it was a great game (although a bit of a massacre).
Thinlómien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2009, 01:42 AM   #708
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.
PS. I'll rep people once I've finished giving out reps for the previous game.
Thinlómien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2009, 01:49 AM   #709
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.
She stole that word "massacre" from me But it indeed was one. Well, anyway, really memorable game, and amusing one, too. I guess I do not have to recount my feelings on the last-minute switch, as probably everyone, I was like "oh my, it looks that they are going to win after all! How could the WWs hide after toDay?" and then, boom. Well, happens, happens!

First, one slight apology to Roa for going after you so madly. I have no idea how it could have went like that for so long, but you certainly fed it a lot with your stubborn way of posting. Gosh, if I remember how that nasty Gwathagor jumped on that, and I thought how reasonable he seems! I was tempted to say "really, please innocents, let's try to think as much independently as we can" before lynching Roa, but then, I thought we need to be just determined and lynch Roa, otherwise nothing will get done ever.

And I really didn't have any stronger suspects at that point, which, actually, after the revelation of the WWs, is really not that surprising. Okay, I don't think it was that bad in the end or that you would really be totally quiet, but Kath and Gwath, at least in the beginning, really were hardly around at all (though that said, Gwath really compensated for it on the latter Days, and especially on the last one!). I am not speaking at all about Nerwen. She was probably the one I never suspected during all the game. Ever. I even suspected Nienna more, in the sense that it occured to me (especially after I died) "oh my, what if I was totally fooled and she is a Wolf".

And I should really learn not to overcombinate that much. Even now I was thinking I was holding myself back, "maybe too much", I thought at one point. Still it became clear that I should be holding myself back even more.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feanor of the Peredhil View Post
*cough*

Sorry about the Legate thing.

I meant to change who I was Hunting and I forgot.
Don't be. I should note here, for the record, that after Roa's death, it was you whom I suspected. And actually, killing me was probably something that helped the village - if I had been alive, I would have probably only contributed with more confusing stuff and suspecting the wrong people.

The best (and somewhat funny) example of this is that Nog actually gave me a choice, that is, if I survived the Night, I could have either remained as a known innocent for one Day (my role would be revealed in the narration), or he would NOT tell my role, but just mention that "the Soulmate was preparing his revenge" and I would die at the end of the Day, but I could take one person with me. When I was briefly considering this (though later I decided to go with the other variant, and anyway it showed up that I died), the person would have been Fea

Anyway, brilliant game, everyone! (Especially the Mod!) I really enjoyed it, though really I don't have the nerves for this... Maybe I have grown being less used to such adrenaline, after being lynched or killed on Day 1 or 2 in several past games, thus dropping out always before the real frenzy began...
"Should the story say 'he ate bread,' the dramatic producer can only show 'a piece of bread' according to his taste or fancy, but the hearer of the story will think of bread in general and picture it in some form of his own." -On Fairy-Stories
Legate of Amon Lanc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2009, 07:31 AM   #710
Rune Son of Bjarne
Odinic Wanderer

Location: Under the Raven banner, between tall Odin and white Christ!
Rune Son of Bjarne is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Rune Son of Bjarne is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Rune Son of Bjarne is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Send a message via AIM to Rune Son of Bjarne Send a message via MSN to Rune Son of Bjarne
I will be more careful what I wish for next time arround. . .

As a wolf I normally get lynched on day2, so my mission was not to get killed on that day, of course I did not intend to last even shorter.

I was very depressed when killed, not only because I thought I would have the chance to cancel the lynch all together, but also because I really wanted to do well as a wolf. (something I have never done before)

Unfortunately i was undone by poor planing and chance. It was only late on in day1 that I realised that the way this game was constructed, encouraged wolves to lay somewhat low and not be hughe attention grappers. (because of all the hunters)
Anyways I felt quite confident that I could avoid getting lynched as long as i stayed arround until deadline, unfortunately I had to bring some stuff to my sister that was leaving for Rome, then on my way home the train got stopped by police on the tracks. . .(suicide?)
On my way home I debated with my self about what I would do if I did become captain, I was thinking that canceling the lynch on the basis of the votes being to random might make me look innocent.

-----------------------

I was very impressed with the wolves for the rest of the game, I never had the imagination to imagine such an amazing wolf victory. Well done!

And while I was amazed by the wolves, the rangers supplied me with lots of intertainment.

Thanks everybody for turning bitterness into amusement.

Rune Son of Bjarne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2009, 09:21 AM   #711
Nienna
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gwath
Please tell me you spent hours trying to decide if it was a secret code or not. They were just accidents
Not hours but definitely a few minutes because you were all like "look at every word" hahaha. I soon realized that unless you meant 'Roa Also Sorry' I had no idea what you meant.
Old 09-29-2009, 12:15 PM   #712
A Little Green
Leaf-clad Lady

A Little Green is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.A Little Green is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.A Little Green is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.A Little Green is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Send a message via MSN to A Little Green
Oh. Great job wolves. Mr. Mod may prove that when he told me who the wolves were (after I was dead, of course) my jaw dropped a long way and I said "They are so going to win." Sorry Roa for pursuing you! While it was very nice and enlightening to have a soulmate with whom I could discuss at all times, it proved a bit dangerous too - Legate and I ended up strengthening each other's wrong suspicions...

Seriously, though, this was a very interesting and fun game even if we lost quite spectacularly.
"But some stories, small, simple ones about setting out on adventures or people doing wonders, tales of miracles and monsters, have outlasted all the people who told them, and some of them have outlasted the lands in which they were created."
A Little Green is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2009, 01:00 PM   #713
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.
Quote:
Originally Posted by A Little Green View Post
While it was very nice and enlightening to have a soulmate with whom I could discuss at all times, it proved a bit dangerous too - Legate and I ended up strengthening each other's wrong suspicions...
Indeed, that's one thing we've been doing a lot I guess it worked similarly to a certain extent with Ni as well, not sure if it was mutual (but it seemed to me like that from her part). Of course if you see somebody of whom you know (or presume) that she is innocent, and she supports your ideas, then I guess the encouragement is just what you need to actually carry it out... it can work positively, of course, but also negatively, like with Roa's case. This game was a perfect example.
"Should the story say 'he ate bread,' the dramatic producer can only show 'a piece of bread' according to his taste or fancy, but the hearer of the story will think of bread in general and picture it in some form of his own." -On Fairy-Stories
Old 09-29-2009, 01:02 PM   #714
Pitchwife
Wight of the Old Forest

Location: Unattended on the railway station, in the litter at the dancehall
Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Thanks to everybody for providing me with such an action-packed read! I kicked myself black and blue for not playing, but I really don't know how I would have done if I'd been - that mysterious alliance between Nienna, Sally and Lottie on Day 4 did look rather scary for a while, and Gwathwolf sounded so sensible... Congrats to the wolves!
Roa, I quite enjoyed seeing you in action for the first time and am looking forward to playing with you in one of the next games.
Nog, I liked your special roles and rules, they added a lot of spice and pace to the game (witness the wholesale slaughter caused by all those Hunters!), and the narrations were really nice - but I've got to say, the Transsexuals of the North amused me no end!
See you all in Innsmouth?
Old 09-29-2009, 01:23 PM   #715
Loslote
The Werewolf's Companion

Ni and I thought Fea was a wolf in our Night Talk, too. Really, wolves, if you had left her be, we would've lynched her anyway!
Old 09-29-2009, 08:47 PM   #716
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor

Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Send a message via Skype™ to Nerwen
I only just managed to get back on line to find whether we'd won or not!

Gwath and Kath, thanks for the magnificent last minute defence... I hated having to vote so early, knowing I wouldn't be able to return and defend myself.

Honestly, on Night One I didn't think we wolves had much chance of winning this. Luckily the surplus of Hunters and the (nearly) all-star cast ended up working for us.

Oh, and thanks for being so open minded, Sally...
Old 09-29-2009, 08:57 PM   #717
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nerwen View Post
I only just managed to get back on line to find whether we'd won or not!

Gwath and Kath, thanks for the magnificent last minute defence... I hated having to vote so early, knowing I wouldn't be able to return and defend myself.

Honestly, on Night One I didn't think we wolves had much chance of winning this. Luckily the surplus of Hunters and the (nearly) all-star cast ended up working for us.

Oh, and thanks for being so open minded, Sally...
Lol. Hush, you. In the end I would have killed you, so watch it.
Old 10-01-2009, 12:55 AM   #718
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Even if I thought it quite sad the game ended that soon, in retrospect I must say it was a good thing as I've been totally work-beaten the last two days and wouldn't have been able to mod anything in any "serious way"...

Looking at it from the brighter side: no one had a chance to get bored.

Putting up a bit experimental game is always challenging but it was a lot of fun. I really enjoyed this.

Thanks everyone!

Just a few specials...

Nienna & Lottie, you were just impressive in the end! As well as Gwath!

It was interesting - even if sad - to see Rune go so early for kind of "wrong reasons" - if one could say that. I mean, everyone who has played with him would say that he acted perfectly like Rune, meaning there was nothing suspicious or special in his behaviour and thence no reason to lynch him on Day1. He would have probably pulled the same act were he innocent.

It was nice to see both Valier and Roa back in action after a long break. Hoping to see you again sooner than later! It's always a pleasure to have you in a game.

And kudos to Lommy for a stupendous last-Day defence and getting the wolves spot-on! I couldn't believe it wasn't enough... I'm quite confident that if Nerwen had been lynched the innocents would have won the game.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pitchwife
but I've got to say, the Transsexuals of the North amused me no end!
Heh... I must say I smiled a few times while writing them... thinking about a weather-beaten, hairy, bearded and muscled Ranger named Greenie...

Last edited by Nogrod; 10-01-2009 at 01:30 AM.
Old 10-01-2009, 04:28 AM   #719
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nogrod View Post
Heh... I must say I smiled a few times while writing them... thinking about a weather-beaten, hairy, bearded and muscled Ranger named Greenie...
Well, why not. I mean, "Greenie" could be a very good nickname for a ranger, imagine soldiers giving nicknames among themselves. And as for beards, well, we have seen the real Greenie with a moustache, so...
Old 10-01-2009, 05:15 AM   #720
Rune Son of Bjarne
Odinic Wanderer

Location: Under the Raven banner, between tall Odin and white Christ!
Rune Son of Bjarne is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Rune Son of Bjarne is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Rune Son of Bjarne is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Send a message via AIM to Rune Son of Bjarne Send a message via MSN to Rune Son of Bjarne
I was actually quite impressed with how well this game went, I was afraid that the balance of the game would be awful, as it is always a risk when you fundamentaly change the game. But to me, an outsider, it seemed to work rather well and I don't think it has to with me cheering for the wolves.

Rune Son of Bjarne is offline   Reply With Quote