The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Fun and Games > Middle-earth Mirth
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 06-01-2006, 01:26 PM   #201
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Location: Wearing rat's coat, crowskin, crossed staves in a field behaving as the wind behaves
Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via MSN to Nogrod
I'll have to go to my essays now. I'll be back, as I wouldn't like to miss voting for two Days in a row (hopefully Kath doesn't cut the deadline with one hour again ).

The voting so far:
LMP => Caran (Caran-1)
morm => Caran (Caran-2)
LMP ≠> Caran => Spawn (Caran-1, Spawn-1)
Lhuna => Durelin (Caran-1, Spawn-1, Durelin-1)
Lommy => morm (Caran-1, Spawn-1, Durelin-1, morm-1)
SPM => Feanor (Caran-1, Spawn-1, Durelin-1, Feanor-1)
Tom => morm (Caran-1, Spawn-1, Durelin-1, Feanor-1, morm-2)
Caran => Feanor (Caran-1, Spawn-1, Durelin-1, Feanor-2, morm-2)
tgwbs => Morm (Caran-1, Spawn-1, Durelin-1, Feanor-2, morm-3)
Nogrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2006, 01:37 PM   #202
Feanor of the Peredhil
La Belle Dame sans Merci

Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Send a message via MSN to Feanor of the Peredhil
The invitation for quality time with big bro and the need to finish some papers mean that I'm not going to be around for end of day voting.

++CARAN

On a topic that isn't my own vote, I give everybody permission to kill me if it is so desired. I won't hold a grudge.

After all, this could be a bluff (to which degree, I wonder?). You won't know until I'm dead. But I can be very helpful if you give me the benefit of the doubt for a few more days. I hope everybody chooses wisely. Now... I'm going fishing and paper writin'.
Old 06-01-2006, 01:43 PM   #203
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Location: Wearing rat's coat, crowskin, crossed staves in a field behaving as the wind behaves
Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Oh, just before I go.

I saw Spawn's last post there and remebered one thing she had said earlier. If Caran is a wolf, they must have assumed that Form made his hint in a stupid (I would say "self-revealing") way by voting the dreamed wolf. I don't know Form as a player (we were in a same game once, but I can't remember anything miraculous from him, died early I gather) so you who know him better should come forwards with your opinions. How people would consider him? Could he, on the other hand be so bold as to try to scare the wolves by so openingly leaving "the message" - after all it would be a message only to the wolves before he dies?

Secondly: concerning Fea and Morm. It would be quite reckless from the wolves to invest in two of them playing with totally changed styles. So probably they both aren't wolves. (But then again: a wolf pair Fea & Morm might be the only pick from our list to do just that! ) As I still think they both aren't wolves, I would possibly be leaning towards Fea being the more wolvish one. My judgement is somewhat unbalanced right now, I admit, as I myself struggle with loads of RL-work and can somehow relate to Morm's tiredness at the moment.

EDIT: X-posted with Fea
Old 06-01-2006, 02:01 PM   #204
The Saucepan Man
Corpus Cacophonous

The Saucepan Man has been trapped in the Barrow!
White-Hand

I've not got much time, so this will be brief.

I deduce that Caran is a Wolf.

- - FEANOR OF THE PEREDHIL

+ + CARANLONDIEN

Hopefully, I'll have a chance to get back a bit later.
Old 06-01-2006, 02:02 PM   #205
dancing spawn of ungoliant
Mischievous Candle

Location: So near to Russia, so far from Japan, quite a long way from Cairo, lots of miles from Vietnam.
dancing spawn of ungoliant has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via MSN to dancing spawn of ungoliant
I have to go. I haven't been able to be around as much as I had hoped, so I don't have any firm opinion of Caran or others who have gathered suspicions toDay. I think I'll add

++Mith

in the mix for the reasons I stated in my last post. Good Night.
Old 06-01-2006, 02:06 PM   #206
Caranlondien
Shade of Carn Dűm

Caranlondien has just left Hobbiton.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nogrod
hopefully Kath doesn't cut the deadline with one hour again
Well she's been using 10:00pm GMT every time so far, so I hope you plan to be back by then

Feanor's latest post... I get an impression of earnestness, and I'm not confident of her guilt. But earnestness is what a wolf would be going for, too. I still don't want to vote for morm, so my vote stands.

LMP => Caran (Caran-1)
morm => Caran (Caran-2)
Fea => Caran (Caran-2, Spawn-1, Durelin-1, Feanor-2, morm-3)
SpM ≠> Feanor => Caran (Caran-3, Spawn-1, Durelin-1, Feanor-2, morm-3)
Spawn => Mith (Caran-3, Spawn-1, Durelin-1, Feanor-1, morm-3, Mith-1)

Left to vote: Cailín, Nilp, Celuien, Nogrod, Fin, Mith, Durelin

EDIT: Forgot to take away SpM's vote for Fea

Last edited by Caranlondien; 06-01-2006 at 02:11 PM.
Caranlondien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2006, 02:14 PM   #207
Cailín
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Cailín has just left Hobbiton.
I am back and slowly catching up (while trying to recover from grave academic failure).

I must say, Fea's attitude frustrates me to no end (though that might be me more than her). I may vote for her out of sheer annoyance, but hopefully I can find a more worthy candidate to be on the receiving end of my vote.
Cailín is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2006, 02:24 PM   #208
Mithalwen
Pilgrim Soul

Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
OK I have made up my mind more or less but I want toanswer a few things.

Spawn, I said I had been able to get a few glimpses of the board during the day. My comments when I arrived were my feelings based on those glimpses. It seems perfectly rational to me to look carefully when ones hunches seem backed up by others doubts.

Other people, notably Lommy, have been saying I am insubstantial. I disagree. Yes I haven't had so much time but I deny frothyness. May not be earth shattering insight but to be honest, I haven't seen much of great substance. A few notable absences yes .. I know RL life intrudes, and had I known what this week would throw up I would have reconsidered playing. But still ....

Anyway, I have done a sort of spidergraph. Mainly instincts but the analytical side of my mind is tired so I will let the intuitive side have a crack. I have ended up with a spectrum, or a Swingometer.

At the seeming innocent end I have :

Nogrod

Cailin
Sauce I still feel is an innocent but this should never be assumed.
Spawn - find it unlikely that as a wolf she would have permitted the death of someone who had "marked her card". However there is an possibility that our changeling decided the kill last night. I don't know whether Form is a more likely choice for a permanent or temporary wolf. All I can think is that he was chosen because he is a formidable player but one who on yesterday's lacklustre performance was a, unlikely to give many leads and b, was unlikely to be protected.
Celuien seems sensible likely innocent could be a calm wolf dunno..
LMP has moved up towards the innocent end since yesterday because what he has written today makes sense.
TGWBS .... I have moved him from unclassified towards seeming innocence... can't qute remember why though.
Fin - seemed innocent yesterday, hasn't registered anything on my radar to change my mind.

In the Just don't know either becasue of bafflement or not enough presence group I have Lhuna, Fea, morm. Fea would be the most suspicious still of this group. I genuinely don't know. Sauce finds my indecison interesting but he has been uncertain about Fea himself so ...

The finding more suspicious group

Tom
Lommy possibly the other way around

Very suspicious

Durelin
Caran

Durelin's posts seemed so odd. All the talk of team work .. well the villagers want to survive but the only team here are the furry three. I know it isn't a big thing but it has stuck.

Caran so nearly got my vote yesterday and today she seems to be trying too hard to be helpful...

I really would not be suprised if they were both wolves but one vote only.. will just check what has been going on sinceI started this post before I vote.

Christopher Tolkien, Requiescat in pace
Mithalwen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2006, 02:30 PM   #209
Cailín
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Cailín has just left Hobbiton.
First, apologies for my lack of activity toDay. This post will not make it much better.

The three primary lynch candidates seem right now:

Mormegil

I do believe he might be an Ordo suffering from Werewolf weariness. I also find his contributions decidedly strange. I'm not too interested in lynching him toDay, however, simply because I cannot accept WolfMormegil would sink this low.

Feanor

Though I share the frustration and have no idea what she's trying to achieve, I do not find her wolvish. Rather, she will turn out to be another bored Ordo trying to be controversional. I don't know. No clear picture here.

Caranlondien

I can't see the case against her. That Wolf Caran suspected Formendacil to be the Seer... no. That's rather ridiculous. Nogrod, I think you asked, Formendacil made the most excellent Seer I have ever seen in action in Anguirel's game. Since he was not the Seer this time, this is academic, but Form would never have behaved thusly had he had a dream of Caranlondien.

On the other hand, it may very well be that Caran is a wolf... and that because she drew too much suspicion yesterDay, her wolf comrades are using her as a sacrifice to make them look innocent, in which case the Form kill is perfectly sensible. However, that's just a private theory.

Mith seems like an Ordo.

Spawn is evil. She always is in my eyes.

I have to choose now and I'm rather tired. So go on:

++Caranlondien

To clear up this confusion. I know it is unethical to vote for someone you are not actually suspicious of, but I think the village needs to know her identity. I don't think either Morm or Fea is particularly guilty either. Rather, considering toDay's proceedings, I think it's littlemanpoet and Saucepan Man whom I shall be looking closely at henceforth.

Last edited by Cailín; 06-01-2006 at 02:31 PM. Reason: crossed with Mith
Cailín is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2006, 02:31 PM   #210
Caranlondien
Shade of Carn Dűm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mithalwen
Caran so nearly got my vote yesterday and today she seems to be trying too hard to be helpful...
I always try to be helpful. Your first impression on me was on a day when RL was making it difficult to read other people's posts or make posts myself. It seems like either people are ignoring my RL issues or they don't believe me... you can ask Aiwendil, I was visiting him in another village...
Old 06-01-2006, 02:36 PM   #211
Caranlondien
Shade of Carn Dűm

Eye Voting Update

LMP => Caran (Caran-1)
morm => Caran (Caran-2)
Cailín => Caran (Caran-4, Spawn-1, Durelin-1, Feanor-1, morm-3, Mith-1)

Left to vote: Nilp, Celuien, Nogrod, Fin, Mith, Durelin
Old 06-01-2006, 02:38 PM   #212
Mithalwen
Pilgrim Soul

Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Maybe but the bells started ringing and they haven't stopped. If I am wrong - well sorry, I know only to well that RL can get in the way but I took the easy option with my vote for Fea yesterday. We have to know .... and I really don't understand why you went after Sauce yesterday.

++ Caranlondien

Old 06-01-2006, 02:42 PM   #213
littlemanpoet
Itinerant Songster

littlemanpoet is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.littlemanpoet is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thinlómien
LMP is too a lot more nonsense than usually. I'm gradually getting more worried of him.
Care to explain what you mean? This is awfully vague, which is in its turn rather suspicious, although, Lommy, I suppose you tend to be vague, so maybe this is just you theorizing out loud. Either way, I'd appreciate it if you would do me the courtesy of explaining what "nonsense" you're talking about? Thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPM
I cannot resist rabbiting on at length whenever I come to the village square. I generally find so much to talk about and comment on that I am almost compelled to pipe up. And morm and Elempi are usually the same. I don’t buy this werewolf fatigue thing and I am beginning to wonder if it is a tactic. Then again, they would be foolish Wolves indeed if they were both to use the same excuse for their quietitude.
This is precisely the kind of bold in-your-face wolvish statement I've been waiting for from you, SPM. The lorebooks show that such a disregard for your fellow innocent villagers' state of mind was precisely the key that showed your ancestor's wolvishness. Nobody at that time saw it for what it was until too late. I am making sure nobody misses it this time. Thank you for slipping up in this fashion. I challenge you to vindicate yourself. But you are slippery, sir. Perhaps the only sufficient vindication may be your lynching or the seer declaring you innocent, since your very efforts to clear yourself will most likely be so full of loyerly misdirection and logic chopping that you persuade people against their better judgment that you are not the werewolf I strongly suspect you to be.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPM
You think so? I thought that it was a rather reasonable response. It is understandable for someone to expect some reasoning when a vote is cast for them.
Yes, I thought so. I gave reasons. Since you, my dear sir, are exploding with vim and vigor, feel free to do the research.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tom
[Morm] took the trouble to come in and catch up reading, but then listed 3 votes without saying why.
You obviously don't know how Morm plays this game. This is his typical means of checking out the three named. He was looking for reactions. It doesn't mean he's guilty. Nor innocent. I suppose this looks like me defending Morm. Heck, I like the guy. He did want to give me a hug, after all. (here's bear-hug for ya morm) But facts are facts, and it's a shame for someone to waste a lynch vote on not knowing what's going on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feanor
I'm very intentionally playing the role of a quiet villager. Or at least trying to do so. Let me do it in peace and I might be able to help you.
This seems for real to me.

SPM's aggressive response to the same quote I just posted, is noted. An aggressive SPM is a typical SPM. An aggressive, wolvish SPM is the kind who will pick a few likely villagers who he is rather sure he can turn into scapegoats, and ride them for all they're worth, making sure not to allow them to get lynched and proven innocent until it's well along in the game and they have served their purpose. So watch whom he attacks and rides mercilessly. And I would suggest that if you are really unwise enough to keep him around, then please do lynch his victims and once you see that they are innocent, you'll have a stronger indication that SPM is a werewolf.

That said:

-- DANCING SPAWN OF UNGOLIANT

++ THE SAUCEPAN MAN

I'll post this up in hopes that it might be helpful to others before it's too late.
littlemanpoet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2006, 02:55 PM   #214
Mithalwen
Pilgrim Soul

Ooh well that makes sense actually ... he did me up like a kipper in another incarnation ...and maybe that is what is happening now.......

Old 06-01-2006, 03:00 PM   #215
Celuien
Riveting Ribbiter

Celuien has just left Hobbiton.
An interesting case against SPM, Elempi. An ancestor of mine was lynched at the hands of a wolvish ancestor of his following the aggressive strategy you suggest. I only hope I don't fall victim to it again. But that said, I'm uncomfortable voting for him today. Hopefully, he'll remain too prominent and influential to go without a Seer dream. He may already have been dreamt about.

I would also like to point out that my lorebook shows that the former Wolfman Sauce turned in his comrades in crime without hesitation to become the lone survivor of his team. And so even if he is a wolf, that doesn't mean that all of his suspects would be innocent. He might even play a major role in their demise as a wolf to gain trust.

I'm not ignoring the possibiliy of his guilt, though he seems less likely than some others here.

And so:

++CARANLONDIEN

My top suspect for the day.

I'm returning to my cottage from the ketchup fields now. I'll try to make it back here before the deadline in case developments require a response from me, but it's a long trip, filled with slow moving sheep that block the path, so I may not be back before events close toDAY.
Old 06-01-2006, 03:03 PM   #216
Mithalwen
Pilgrim Soul

OK will take a flyer since if you are right I seem to be a designated potential victim and it will mix things up a bit.

This strategy makes you so vulnerable if it backfires that I will chance trusting you:

--Caranlondien

++ Saucepan Man

Well he did say he wanted to be suspected

Old 06-01-2006, 03:05 PM   #217
Durelin
Estelo dagnir, Melo ring

Durelin is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Durelin is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
I do hate explaining myself, so I'll just say one thing: I can get a little carried away with my 'occupation,' I suppose.

But anyway...

Sadly, I am unable to do much more other than gather things up quickly and vote.

I'll just run through real quick as best as I can those that are getting lot of attention right now...or actually, those who have votes right now.

Fea hasn't really sparked my interest, when it comes to being wolfish, at all...yet. Perhaps it is because she comes closest to matching my style, at least as it seems to me. So I think currently that suspicions about her are just as off track as those that are directed towards myself. Besides, she would be a very foolish wolf if she participated in lynching Caran, who already voted for her. And I don't see her as a foolish wolf. Unless of course we want to get into my crazy reverse psychology again. *cue groans and rotten tomatoes* No? Okay then.

morm really hasn't been noticable at all. I practically forgot he lived in this village! I don't think that's enough to say he's a wolf, though. I really don't know about him, and so I don't feel comfortable voting for him just yet.

Caran seems to be getting upset, which is I suppose understandable, but not a wise move. Most innocent villagers are glad to die for the villages cause, or mention how they'll be sitting back and laughing in the afterlife. Okay, so not all... But I doubt it would be wise for a wolf to get upset over the possibility of their death, especially when there are still a number of votes to be cast. So I don't know if I'm comfortable with voting for her yet either.

Spawn contributes quite a bit, though I wouldn't call her bold. She's worth looking at, as everyone is. But that's the problem. She doesn't stand out to me as a wolfish candidate. And really, she hasn't gotten as much attention as the others.

Mith is an interesting suspect, too. She is not so much into the lengthy summaries as Spawn is, but she still manages to contribute. And so she tends to stand out. But all I know about her right now is this: if SPM happens to be killed tonight, then Mith seems much less guilty (unless of course, we go with the reverse psychology idea or 'double bluff'), all because of this quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mith
Bear in mind Sauce, If I were a wolf you would almost certainly be already dead. No offence and you know it is really a compliment, but you would be my top priority to get out of the way.
Durelin...definitely a wolf.

Anyway (again)...

It's interesting. In many cases, people are more likely to gain suspicion when they make brief posts. I suppose that might be because people think they are trying to stay under the radar, or it could be that not all of us have the time and energy to pick through the longer ones, and so just relent to probable innocence...

I'm feeling uncomfortable, though. There are some people that just have not gotten any real attention whatsoever. I know it is only Day Two, and there must be some kind of focus in order to get anywhere, but it still leaves me feel like our backs aren't covered. Okay, so they really aren't... But that leaves me in a predicament. In some ways, it's good to wait till near the end of the Day to vote, in other ways it's not. You get to see some interesting reactions to the voting, and your vote becomes important. But that's where the problem lies. It's important. And you've got all these suspects lined up...and you feel like you should go for someone who's nowhere near the noose. But does it do any good to vote for someone when you know they're not going to get lynched? That's like pulling a Pontius Pilate, at least Bible style Pilate.

Okay, here we go...back to the beginning with SPM.

He's been acting rather like SPM, seeming to get irritated with people as he normally does, and ranting quite a lot. That's normal for him. But he's a bit more aggressive than I've experienced him being...though subtlely. I may be waaaayyy off, but he is not sticking to his votes or his statements. This might be proof of his innocence, but it might not be. He doesn't even seem to be headed in a certain direction, as far as I can tell, and there is nothing wrong with that, except that it's Saucie. I feel compelled to 'wait and see,' and yet I must vote. I'd like to see if I get killed tonight...then I think everyone should keep a closer eye on Saucie, as I would be the second person he defended and then 'offed.' I do think he's a lote smarter than that, though. But I'm not sure if that necessarily has anything to do with it. A wolf victory can come in many forms.

Okay, I've got to get going.

++Saucepan Man

EDIT: Cross-posted with Caran (times two), Mith (times three), lmp, and Celuien. It seems I look like I've joined a bandwagon again. *sigh* Ya can't win.
Durelin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2006, 03:05 PM   #218
Caranlondien
Shade of Carn Dűm

Stopping back in... and not much has changed. Where are you people?

lmp, you make some excellent points about SpM. My introduction to Werewolf was by reading a game my brother was in, in which SpM fooled everyone. Thinking about it, I suppose that is why I suspected him so much yesterDay. I read that entire game knowing he was a wolf (because Aiwendil informed me), and so I suppose to me his "clueless villager" persona looks inherently wolvish.

EDIT: cross-posted with Celuien and Mithalwen
Old 06-01-2006, 03:06 PM   #219
littlemanpoet
Itinerant Songster

littlemanpoet is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.littlemanpoet is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mithalwen
This strategy makes you so vulnerable if it backfires that I will chance trusting you
I hope for both our sakes your trust is not in vain.
littlemanpoet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2006, 03:12 PM   #220
Caranlondien
Shade of Carn Dűm

Right now my vote for Fea is a essentially a throw-away vote, anyway. I really didn't want to vote for morm when he's been away for so long, but SpM I just don't trust. LMP's points have only cemented my suspicions

--Feanor
++The Saucepan Man

LMP => Caran (Caran-1)
morm => Caran (Caran-2)
Mithalwen => Caran (Caran-5, Spawn-1, Durelin-1, Feanor-1, morm-3, Mith-1)
lmp ≠> Spawn => SpM (Caran-5, Durelin-1, Feanor-1, morm-3, Mith-1, SpM-1)
Celuien => Caran (Caran-6, Durelin-1, Feanor-1, morm-3, Mith-1, SpM-1)
Mithalwen ≠> Caran => SpM (Caran-5, Durelin-1, Feanor-1, morm-3, Mith-1, SpM-2)
Durelin => SpM (Caran-5, Durelin-1, Feanor-1, morm-3, Mith-1, SpM-3)
Caran ≠> Feanor => SpM (Caran-5, Durelin-1, morm-3, Mith-1, SpM-4)

Left to vote: Nilp, Nogrod, Fin
Old 06-01-2006, 03:20 PM   #221
the guy who be short
Shadowed Prince

the guy who be short has just left Hobbiton.
This is interesting. The three leaders are now morm, SpM and Caran.I'd be glad to kill off SpM just because he's infathomable. But I don't know how I feel towards Caran. She admits she is easily manipulated - but would the wolves risk killing Form if she were amongst them? I doubt it.

So I shall wait and see. If I have time, I will analyse Caran as I originally meant to. If not, my vote will stay with morm or change to SpM.
the guy who be short is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2006, 03:25 PM   #222
Findëasëa
Haunting Spirit

Findëasëa has just left Hobbiton.
Wow, two bandwagons in a row. I feel that the wolves are behind the creation of at least one of them. I am sticking with my belief that Caran is innocent. I will vote for either SPM or Mith in a bit, I just got back and I want to review a bit more first.
Findëasëa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2006, 03:28 PM   #223
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Oh my!

Just look through ten essays and what has happened meanwhile...

Thanks Cailín for your information about Form. If he indeed is a renowned player, I would think that in a bunch of three werecreatures there would be at least one who knows that. So they wouldn't have thought him as the clumsy seer (even how jumpy Caran might have been at Night). So surely that doesn't clear Caran totally as there still is the chance of a set-up. But my personal suspicions over her seem to fall somewhat, as the best I had on her was just the wolves general jumpiness.

Mith gave me another wake up call. Why hasn't anyone thought of that before? If the last night's killer was the changeling indeed? That would make killing of him more understandable. A loner might not know his stature (I didn't, and I don't believe I'm the only one here) and could have taken his first Day peevishness as a sign of an unsufficient and unhelpful villager. If this is so, it's good news indeed. For that would mean that the Changeling is on our side, ducking Kath's ordeals nicely as s/he managed to pick a wolf on the first Night s/he made a pick (Kath could not enforce any vote from her/him yet - it would have been different, if s/he had f.ex. picked a Seer earlier, then s/he would probably had to go for her/him)!

EDIT: X-posted from the Ancient Rome onwards...
Old 06-01-2006, 03:31 PM   #224
The Saucepan Man
Corpus Cacophonous

The Saucepan Man has been trapped in the Barrow!
White-Hand

All because I didn't buy your werewolf weariness, eh, Elempi? Touchy, touchy!

Still, thanks for garnering me a few votes. Just as long as they don't stack up much more.

Durelin, if I seem to lack direction, it is because I am probing and prodding. I am not entirely convinced that Fea is as pure as she makes out. But I didn't like the way that Caran jumped on my vote for her. That, added to the other things about Caran that have been aired today, makes her look very Wolfish in my eyes.

I am rather alarmed over Mith's uncharacteristic flip-floppiness, but that is a matter that I shall have to look into tomorrow if I am still here.

I am leaving now and won't be back before the deadline, so if any Wolves who have not yet voted for me want to take the opportunity to try to get me lynched, please feel free to do so. It won't do you any favours though.

Edit: Cross-posted with Caran, among others. What a surprise! She has changed her vote yet again. How did I guess she might do that ...?
Old 06-01-2006, 03:33 PM   #225
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Quote:
Originally Posted by Durelin
In some ways, it's good to wait till near the end of the Day to vote, in other ways it's not. You get to see some interesting reactions to the voting, and your vote becomes important. But that's where the problem lies. It's important. And you've got all these suspects lined up...and you feel like you should go for someone who's nowhere near the noose. But does it do any good to vote for someone when you know they're not going to get lynched? That's like pulling a Pontius Pilate, at least Bible style Pilate.
How true, Durelin!
Old 06-01-2006, 03:34 PM   #226
Caranlondien
Shade of Carn Dűm

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpM
I am not entirely convinced that Fea is as pure as she makes out. But I didn't like the way that Caran jumped on my vote for her.
Honestly, I wrote that analysis of Fea before you voted for her. I admit I tend to be rather swayed by people's arguments, but my suspicion of Fea was my own.
Old 06-01-2006, 03:40 PM   #227
Findëasëa
Haunting Spirit

Findëasëa has just left Hobbiton.
A lot of people seem to be suspicious to me today, but I cant seem to find a particular person who sticks out the most to me. Unfortunately, I have to place my vote now. I mentioned earlier that the people who are most suspicious to me at this point are those who have offered more commentary than theorizing. For this reason I feel quite suspicious of a few people, of these I will vote for Mith, after looking over her actions for the past two days she seems highly suspicious. She does say that she is very busy in the RL, which may explain some of her behavior that I find suspicious. I was not able to finish my analysis of her, but what I have found seems incriminating enough to warrant a vote in my opinion. Most of her comments on the first day were either very abstract or carefully worded so as to not incriminate. Her recent comment, which assures the village that she could not possibly be a wolf, as she would have killed SPM seemed like a very bizarre defense. This behavior seems very wolf like to me.
++Mith
Findëasëa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2006, 03:43 PM   #228
the guy who be short
Shadowed Prince

Fin... that's pathetic. I'm bringing up that throwaway vote tomorrow.

I'm inclined to vote SpM, but I don't know what happens if I create a tie. Let me check... Tum te tum.
Old 06-01-2006, 03:43 PM   #229
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Twenty minutes, or so...

Caran may be jumping a bit, and as she says:
Quote:
I admit I tend to be rather swayed by people's arguments
,but she feels like innocent. My "theory" against her was based on the overall wolf-jumpiness anyhow, as I said earlier.

Spm I just couldn't vote yet. He was on the good cause at least on Day1 so strongly, that dfor a wolf-bluff that would have been quite heavy even for him... (trying to twist the Changeling to side with the village = village win - well not surely, but highly enhanced chances)

I feel sympathy for Morm if this all is RL-bussiness, but then again, he hasn't even tried to be helpful on his short posts (and still he reads the thread!). He's the one I could go now...

Last edited by Nogrod; 06-01-2006 at 03:46 PM.
Old 06-01-2006, 03:44 PM   #230
Caranlondien
Shade of Carn Dűm

Eye

Remind me never to purposefully try to garner some suspicion on Day One. Ever again.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cailín
I know it is unethical to vote for someone you are not actually suspicious of, but I think the village needs to know her identity. I don't think either Morm or Fea is particularly guilty either.
I agree - the village needs to know my identity. I am your horribly failing Hunter.

I know no more than any of you ordinary villagers, so I’d be quite glad for some input on what to do now that I’ve been forced into the open.
Old 06-01-2006, 03:45 PM   #231
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

As Find ran away from accountability, I will try to lynch the one I think is the least innocent or helpful.

++ Morm

EDIT: X-posted with Caran
Old 06-01-2006, 03:46 PM   #232
the guy who be short
Shadowed Prince

--MORM

++SpM

Hopefully you can be saved. Anyway, you will be allowed to live tonight as the Ranger will protect you, so really, you're safe until tomorrow. Be helpful until then - your opinion will be the only objective one that we can all trust.

Unless you're bluffing, but I don't want to think about that.
Old 06-01-2006, 03:46 PM   #233
mormegil
Maundering Mage

mormegil is a guest at the Prancing Pony.mormegil is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Well the conference is over and I've only done a minimal perusal of posts and I see differing opinions on my WW Weariness. Let's just say that RL issues that cropped up along with a rather long and stressful last game have caused this. I hope somebody with great leech craft can heal me soon and I predict by tomorrow I may be in normal form but we shall see. I cannot provide any detail analysis of the day because I haven't read much of anything. I will do better.
Old 06-01-2006, 03:49 PM   #234
the guy who be short
Shadowed Prince

Morm - Caran is the hunter. Change your vote to SpM to save her, unless you don't believe her.

Nogrod - You can't get morm now. You too should change your vote.
Old 06-01-2006, 03:51 PM   #235
Caranlondien
Shade of Carn Dűm

LMP => Caran (Caran-1)
morm => Caran (Caran-2)
Mithalwen => Caran (Caran-5, Spawn-1, Durelin-1, Feanor-1, morm-3, Mith-1)
lmp ≠> Spawn => SpM (Caran-5, Durelin-1, Feanor-1, morm-3, Mith-1, SpM-1)
Celuien => Caran (Caran-6, Durelin-1, Feanor-1, morm-3, Mith-1, SpM-1)
Mithalwen ≠> Caran => SpM (Caran-5, Durelin-1, Feanor-1, morm-3, Mith-1, SpM-2)
Durelin => SpM (Caran-5, Durelin-1, Feanor-1, morm-3, Mith-1, SpM-3)
Caran ≠> Feanor => SpM (Caran-5, Durelin-1, morm-3, Mith-1, SpM-4)
Fin => Mith (Caran-5, Durelin-1, morm-3, Mith-2, SpM-4)
Nogrod => morm (Caran-5, Durelin-1, morm-4, Mith-2, SpM-4)
tgwbs ≠> morm => SpM (Caran-5, Durelin-1, morm-3, Mith-2, SpM-5)

Thank you, Guy. This has been even more nerve-wracking then when I was an orc

I feel especially bad if we've been forced into lynching an innocent SpM because we don't have time to properly analyze him... I'm willing to change my vote if people can make convincing arguments for others.
Old 06-01-2006, 03:52 PM   #236
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Quote:
Originally Posted by the guy who be short
Iwas not trying to get Morm... He has been the least helpful of the three... I wouldn't like to vote against my consciousness. On the basis of Day1 I believe Spm is innocent. If he is not, call me a fool then...
Old 06-01-2006, 03:54 PM   #237
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

This is mad!

Either we kill the hunter or the one I have really trusted (see Day1 tomorrow - I have no time to argue for it now)!
Old 06-01-2006, 03:54 PM   #238
Caranlondien
Shade of Carn Dűm

I distrust morm as well, so if we have enough votes... oy vey! The pressure!
Old 06-01-2006, 03:54 PM   #239
mormegil
Maundering Mage

mormegil is a guest at the Prancing Pony.mormegil is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Quote:
Originally Posted by the guy who be short
Morm - Caran is the hunter. Change your vote to SpM to save her, unless you don't believe her.

I noticed people wanted to know why I am suspicious of TGWBS...it's comments like these.
Old 06-01-2006, 03:55 PM   #240
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caranlondien
I distrust morm as well, so if we have enough votes... oy vey! The pressure!
One more needed...