The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Fun and Games > Middle-earth Mirth
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 04-13-2006, 05:51 PM   #81
Sleepy Ranger
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Sleepy Ranger has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Sleepy Ranger Send a message via MSN to Sleepy Ranger Send a message via Yahoo to Sleepy Ranger
Pipe

Nogrod! Vote for me, there may yet be hope! *Tosses Nogrod an apple.*
Old 04-13-2006, 05:52 PM   #82
Azaelia of Willowbottom
Shade of Carn Dűm

Azaelia of Willowbottom has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Azaelia of Willowbottom
Silmaril

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caranlondien
I didn't suggest that dreamers come straight out; I said that the suggestion that dreamers come straight out was flawed... I think that's what you meant to say?
My bad. Yes, that's what I meant. My apologies--I told you I wasn't feeling well

Sleepy, what's this? Channeling the famous Nilp, are we?

I'm going to have to vote now, and honestly, it's between Sleepy and Glirdan. I'm happy to give Diamond the benefit of the doubt for now. Her most recent post indicates innocence to me.

I agree with Kitanna that sleepy's move at the beginning of the day was a bit bold for a wereorc. But he and Glirdan send up equally red flags, for reasons I have discussed before.

I think I'll vote

++Glirdan

today. I have already expressed my reasons for suspicion of him, so I am going to act on it. My apologies, Glirdan, if you're innocent. It's the first day, and while this vote is based on actual suspicion (That I've already mentioned in my analysis before), there really isn't much to go on yet.
Old 04-13-2006, 05:53 PM   #83
Grendelien
Haunting Spirit

Grendelien has just left Hobbiton.
Ah, I've been beating my brains over this this choice for some time..this is a very difficult decision to make. It is true that Diamond18's posts lack significant substance, which is suspicious, but the detailed analyses of each elf (or orc) by certain players, such as Celuien and Norgrod could be a diversion. It's really hard to say. My suspicions of everyone are high at this point. However, I will have to cast my vote for

++Glirdan

mostly because I am suspicious of some of those who voted for Diamond18. I know this is not a good reason to vote for someone, but it's the only reason I have at this point.
Grendelien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2006, 05:53 PM   #84
Diamond18
Eidolon of a Took

Diamond18 is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Thanks for the vote of confidence, Nogrod. I will be rather upset if I'm lynched today simply because I was enjoying myself. Makes the whole Werewolf endeavor here seem like a rather bleak and ungamelike experience, when the first and foremost reason for lynching someone is that you don't appreciate her roleplaying. Though I suppose being absent for a long time made me more suspicious than anything. I didn't go to bed last night until 7 AM, so I somewhat overslept. Still, I haven't been the most inactive player in this game.
Old 04-13-2006, 05:54 PM   #85
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Location: Wearing rat's coat, crowskin, crossed staves in a field behaving as the wind behaves
Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via MSN to Nogrod
Am I the only one to vote here?

I could give Sleepy his death if he wants to, but it would take two!

Glirdan is useful, normally, if not an orc, and Diamond probably more so... I was quite taken by the honesty of her annoyance.

EDIT: X-posted with the last QUITE MANY - THOUGHT OF TWO...
Nogrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2006, 05:54 PM   #86
Grendelien
Haunting Spirit

Grendelien has just left Hobbiton.
Sorry I spelled your name wrong, Nogrod!...my fingers just don't want to cooperate today.
Grendelien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2006, 05:55 PM   #87
Sleepy Ranger
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Send a message via AIM to Sleepy Ranger Send a message via MSN to Sleepy Ranger Send a message via Yahoo to Sleepy Ranger
Pipe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nogrod
Am I the only one to vote here?

I could give Sleepy his death if he wants to, but it would take two!

Glirdan is useful, normally, if not an orc, and Diamond probably more so... I was quite taken by the honesty of her annoyance.

EDIT: X-posted with the last two
Oh just vote for me, it'll make me like myself more.
Old 04-13-2006, 05:57 PM   #88
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Location: Wearing rat's coat, crowskin, crossed staves in a field behaving as the wind behaves
Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sleepy Ranger
Oh just vote for me, it'll make me like myself more.
Well, as Glirdan is lynched already, I might fulfill your wish...

++ Sleepy
Old 04-13-2006, 05:58 PM   #89
Diamond18
Eidolon of a Took

I X-posted with a few people voting for Glirdan. Whew, I feel like I wriggled off the hook.

I'm too frazzled right now to really be supsicious of anyone, but I have to say all theses posts should make excellent reading over the Night and there might be lots of suspicious behavior to talk about tomorrow.

Quote:
It is true that Diamond18's posts lack significant substance, which is suspicious, but the detailed analyses of each elf (or orc) by certain players, such as Celuien and Norgrod could be a diversion.
I must say I am usually somewhat suspicious of analysis as substance, myself. All you have to do is post a summary of what other people have said. But since everyone it seems does analysis, it's somewhat a staple of the game, for better or worse. I just have my doubts as to how useful it really is when judging how much someone has contributed to the discussion. Still something I have to form an opinion on, as I play more games.
Old 04-13-2006, 06:00 PM   #90
Sleepy Ranger
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Pipe

Why thank you Nogrod my friend! And due to this silly promise I made in some earlier post, I'll play normally on Day 2 and work to aid the village rather than trying to meet my own selfish desires.

PS- WereOrcs, please kill me!
Old 04-13-2006, 06:01 PM   #91
Roa_Aoife
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Roa_Aoife is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Quote:
I must say I am usually somewhat suspicious of analysis as substance, myself. All you have to do is post a summary of what other people have said.
Hey, analyzing posters like a certain penguin lover by the name Thin is hard work.

I didn't say you're evil, Roa, I said you're exasperating. -Nerwen
Roa_Aoife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2006, 06:01 PM   #92
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diamond18
But since everyone it seems does analysis, it's somewhat a staple of the game, for better or worse. I just have my doubts as to how useful it really is when judging how much someone has contributed to the discussion.
They have proved to be useful many times...
Old 04-13-2006, 06:04 PM   #93
Farael
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Location: In hospitals, call rooms and (rarely) my apartment.
Farael has just left Hobbiton.
STOP!!!

I wanna go home... take off this uniform, and leave the show. But I'm waiting in this cell because I have to know!! (have to know...) have I been guilty all this time....

No more posting, death scene coming RRRRRRRIGHT up.
Old 04-13-2006, 06:36 PM   #94
Farael
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

The scrolls go on to tell us how the villagers argued their way into a lynching on the first day. It was not an easy process but after many thought and deliberation (and some random votes) it was decided that Glirdan was to be given the noose.

It was a figurative noose, as instead they decided to strap the werewolf hunter onto one of Diamond’s light-absorbing Silmarils and turn it on. Yet as soon as they had him tied up and secured, a terrible transformation occurred. He sprouted lots of hair and big fangs, his voice turned gruff and his gaze deadly. Glirdan was a werewolf!!!

Glirdan: “You fools, I am not a wereorc”

Nogrod: “Well, I see, but you are still a werewolf! Consequently, my theory says that we should kill you all the same”

Glirdan: “But didn’t you read what Farael wrote? He was attacked by wereORCS not wereWOLF.”

JennyHallu: “Who cares? The world is going to end, kill him anyway!!!! He’ll just be the first of many”

SleepyRanger: “No, I say you kill me!!”

Celuien : “Oh, shut up, you are just an apple barrel, you are not even supposed to be talking!!!”

Glirdan: “So, will you please let me go now?”

Roa_Aoife: “Well, I guess so… but only if’

Thud

Naria: “What was that?”

Thud
Thud
Thud

Findëasëa: “Is it… no, it can’t be… but it is!!”

Diamond: “Sleepy!! Stop throwing apples at him!!”

SleepyRanger: “But he stole my thunder!! I wanted to set a new record of lynchments”

Nogrod: “Lynchations you mean”

SleepyRanger: “What ever…”

Glirdan: “ughhugmp umph umphhhhhhhh sssss”

Azaelia: “What? Speak up man! Or elf… or werewolf, what ever you are”

Glirdan: “ughhugmp umph umphhhhhhhh sssss”

Azaelia: “Stop playing games and get that apple off your mouth.. what are you trying to tell us?”

But it was too late. Glirdan was actually begging them to take the apple of his mouth, as he was choking on it and his hands were tied. As a show of respect, the villagers decided to bury him and to put a light-absorbing Silmaril as a headstone, under the agreement that no-one would turn it on and blow the grave up.

An innocent villager…. Or sort of… has died. Here’s the list of the still living.

Caranlondien: aspiring harpist
JennyHallu: Doomsday prophet
Nogrod: unemployed barber.
Grendelien: village whittler
Findëasëa: paleoelfropologist
Celuien:lampwright
Zali: stringer-of-bows
Diamond: Inept Jewel Smith
Dancing Spawn...: a merchant
Kitanna:(still playing? If so thou shall be...) The town's gate-keeper
Naria:The grower of magnificent flowers
Sleepy A barrel of apples*
Legolas in spandex:For now he shall be Legolass (A movie-Legolas impersonator) unless he gives me another role
Roa_Aoife aspiring ballad writer

3 Wereorcs, 1 Ranger and 1 Shaman are still alive..

Now dead:
FaraelMod: He dyed… erm I mean died.
GlirdanRepentant werewolf : Choked on an apple. No wonder why werewolves are carnivores.

Edit: Wereorcs, you can PM each other and send me your night's kill BEFORE 6PM CT, 11 PM GMT

Shaman, your dream must be in before the same deadline

Ranger, I need your pick.

No one but the Wereorcs may PM with regards to this game.

Last edited by Farael; 04-14-2006 at 04:11 PM.
Farael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2006, 06:45 PM   #95
Legolas in spandex
Wight

Legolas in spandex has just left Hobbiton.
1420!

Sorry i missed day 1. I have been wandering about with a dumb expression on my face trying to figure out what to do. I see I post here. I'll try to remember that.See you day#2 or later, whatever day it is. (feels stupid & confused)
Old 04-13-2006, 07:14 PM   #96
Farael
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Legolas PLEASE, remove your post in here, it belongs in the TiG thread

Last edited by Farael; 04-14-2006 at 09:47 AM.
Farael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2006, 04:54 PM   #97
Farael
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Day 2 starts a little bit early...

A new day arises

The villagers gathered on the town square and quickly counted how many people there were present. Everyone seemed to have survived the night.

Grendelien : “Hurray!! The wereorcs have fled, my friends, we have scared them away!!”

Celuien: “But then we should be three people short, whoever the wereorcs are they have not left the town”

SleepyRanger: “I am one of them! Lynch me today, it’s not too late for me to keep my record going!”

Legolas in Spandex: “Oh, shut up… you are not a wereorc. Or maybe you are, but in either case I will not lynch you solely because you want us to”

JennyHallu: “But then what should we do next?”

Nogrod: “According to my theory, we need to lynch three wereorcs”

Naria: “Way to go, Captain Obvious… we knew that already”

Nogrod: “You knew it? Perhaps you know too much, are you a wereorc Ms. Naria?”

Dancing Spawn of Ungoliant: “Please, now, let’s not argue… we can use logic to find the wereorcs, if we all think with our brains rather than our fists”

Diamond18: “Who crowned you Queen of this town? You have no right to boss us around!”

Spawn: “That’s it I’m beating the stuffing out of you!!”

Roa_Aoife: “Here, here now… let’s save all that anger for our wereorc hunt, ok?”

And right there and then, someone threw a talking apple barrel to someone else, who responded by tossing them a chair and a big fight ensued. Sadly, the records say that it was a cartoon fight, which means that a big cloud of smoke arose and nothing could be seen other than random limbs and blunt objects moving around. One villager stood aside, though, far too tired after a successful night of protecting one of the villagers.

Two hours later, the villagers had spent their anger on each other and were ready to start looking for those wereorcs. The Ranger has protected the wereorc’s target for yesterNight. Still living,

Caranlondien: aspiring harpist
JennyHallu: Doomsday prophet
Nogrod: unemployed barber.
Grendelien: village whittler
Findëasëa: paleoelfropologist
Celuien:lampwright
Zali: stringer-of-bows
Diamond: Inept Jewel Smith
Dancing Spawn...: a merchant
Kitanna:(still playing? If so thou shall be...) The town's gate-keeper
Naria:The grower of magnificent flowers
Sleepy A barrel of apples*
Legolas in spandex:For now he shall be Legolass (A movie-Legolas impersonator) unless he gives me another role
Roa_Aoife aspiring ballad writer

3 Wereorcs, 1 Ranger and 1 Shaman are still alive..

Now dead:
FaraelMod: He dyed… erm I mean died.
GlirdanRepentant werewolf : Choked on an apple. No wonder why werewolves are carnivores.

Wereorcs, STOP PM'ing.... villagers, you may post now. You have until 6 PM CT or 11 PM GMT (which is the same) to have your votes in. Legolas, if you don't post or vote today I shall remove you from the game.
Old 04-14-2006, 05:08 PM   #98
Celuien
Riveting Ribbiter

Celuien has just left Hobbiton.
Everyone still alive. Now that's some good news to start the day. Thanks to our Ranger for a job well done!

I'll be reviewing and analysing for awhile. Expect a post in a little bit.
Old 04-14-2006, 05:17 PM   #99
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

I agree with Celuien, that this really was good news! Three hurraahs to our ranger!

But there's the downside also. As I said yesterday, I felt quite uneasy about our forerunners (Diamond, Glirdan, later Sleepy) and in the end, we lynched an innocent man ourselves. Hope we can do better today.

The problem just is, that we seem to have no clue yet. Skillful orcs, I'm afraid...

And my personal problem is this particular day. I have now some time, and try to do something useful. Then I might have occasional chances to drop in (and try to read everything at least), and can join you only at the very late hours of the day. So no "flying under the radar stuff", just RL making demands...
Old 04-14-2006, 05:29 PM   #100
Celuien
Riveting Ribbiter

Starting off with the voting record from yesterday, summarized for your convenience:

Spawn -> Roa_Aoife (Roa – 1)
Celuien -> Diamond18 (Roa – 1, Diamond18 – 1)
Roa_Aoife -> Glirdan (Roa – 1, Diamond18 – 1, Glirdan –1)
Sleepy -> Jenny (Roa – 1, Diamond18 – 1, Glirdan –1, Jenny –1)
Glirdan -> Sleepy (Roa – 1, Diamond18 – 1, Glirdan –1, Jenny –1, Sleepy – 1)
Jenny -> Diamond18 (Roa – 1, Diamond18 – 2, Glirdan –1, Jenny –1, Sleepy – 1)
Findeasea -> Glirdan (Roa – 1, Diamond18 – 2, Glirdan – 2, Jenny –1, Sleepy – 1)
Kitanna -> Sleepy (Roa – 1, Diamond18 – 2, Glirdan – 2, Jenny –1, Sleepy – 2)
Caran -> Diamond18 (Roa – 1, Diamond18 – 3, Glirdan – 2, Jenny –1, Sleepy – 2)
Diamond18 -> Glirdan (Roa – 1, Diamond18 – 3, Glirdan – 3, Jenny –1, Sleepy – 2)
Zali -> Glirdan (Roa – 1, Diamond18 – 3, Glirdan – 4, Jenny –1, Sleepy – 2)
Grendelien -> Glirdan (Roa – 1, Diamond18 – 3, Glirdan – 5, Jenny –1, Sleepy – 2)
Nogrod -> Sleepy (Roa – 1, Diamond18 – 3, Glirdan – 5, Jenny –1, Sleepy – 3)

Did not vote: Legolas, Naria.

Coming soon to a village near you: Glirdan voter analysis.
Old 04-14-2006, 05:32 PM   #101
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Here's the tally from yesterday, as it has not been seen yet.

Roa 1 (Spawn I)
Diamond 3 (Celuien II, Jenny VI, Caran IX)
Glirdan 5 (Roa III, Findëasëa VII, Diamond X, Zali XI, Grendelien XII)
Jenny 1 (Sleepy IV)
Sleepy 3 (Glirdan V, Kitanna VIII, Nogrod XIII)

Didn't vote: Naria, Legolas iS

Just primary thoughts about the non-voters.

Legolas seemed to have totally missed the game start and as a first-timer, I'm wholeheartedly giving her the benefit of doubt from not voting.

Naria just vanished, but as she left us with a note on a computer problem, so no reason to suspect her more than usually...

I try to do something more useful in a minute, but then I will have to get some sleep.

EDIT: X-posted with Celuien - well: cross-checking is always good... (and the statistics are given in a bit different manner)

Last edited by Nogrod; 04-14-2006 at 05:51 PM. Reason: Changed the point concerning Naria: she had the computer-problem message on board that I had forgotten...
Old 04-14-2006, 05:40 PM   #102
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Celuien!

If you do the Glirdan vote, I'll go for the overall suspicions - innocence -claims. It could be interesting to see how they went (and as there seems to be very little to say, as no one else is around).
Old 04-14-2006, 05:43 PM   #103
Celuien
Riveting Ribbiter

Quote:
X-posted with Celuien - well: cross-checking is always good... (and the statistics are given in a bit different manner)
It is.

And actually, I'd appreciate cross checking of the forthcoming analysis from anyone who is so inclined.

The non-voters' not voting doesn't really tell us much, I think. Legolas iS wasn't here at all, so her non-vote doesn't mean anything. And Naria...well, I'll just add Naria to my analysis, though I doubt I'm going to find anything.

I'll add Sleepy too, once I see something from toDAY to contrast with yesterday.

*Back to typing*
Old 04-14-2006, 05:46 PM   #104
Celuien
Riveting Ribbiter

Quote:
Celuien!

If you do the Glirdan vote, I'll go for the overall suspicions - innocence -claims. It could be interesting to see how they went (and as there seems to be very little to say, as no one else is around).
Heh. My turn to have crossposted.

Sounds like a good plan.
Old 04-14-2006, 05:54 PM   #105
Roa_Aoife
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

w00t! Go Mr./Ms. Ranger! Excellent choice.

I don't know how long I'l be in, but as Celuien is doing the Glirdan analysis, and Nogrod is checking accusations vs defense, I'll do the Diamond Bandwagon. Sound good?

Edit: Cross posted with last two posts.

Old 04-14-2006, 05:58 PM   #106
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roa_Aoife
Nogrod is checking accusations vs defense, I'll do the Diamond Bandwagon. Sound good?
I thought of finding out only, who suspected who, and who thought who innocent. I might not have time for the defences - even though they might really be interesting. Maybe someone else could look at them?

But good plan Roa! There might be something in this Diamond-lynching fever...
Old 04-14-2006, 06:07 PM   #107
Celuien
Riveting Ribbiter

Roa:
#5: Says Orcs are horrid and filthy (yep). Thinks dreams are interesting because they protect the Shaman and help the village act as a team, but might also be misleading. (another yep).
#11: Agrees with Caran that revealing dreams is up to the discretion of the villager to receive the dreams. Suggests moving on to day 1 strategies, since there is the chance to catch an orc from the start, also says a random vote is better than none, then urges discussion so we won’t need random votes.
#16: Responds to Jenny’s accusation of looking too innocent by asking with the accusation has to do with wereorcs.
#29: Asks Naria to explain contradictory statements (Orcs using dreams to their advantage and also having no way to benefit from them) after mistakenly attributing the second statement (Nogrod’s) to her.
#41: Apology to Naria, explains nonsense response to Jenny from #16 after being questioned about it by Spawn.
#47: Suspects Diamond and Glirdan: Diamond for lack of substance and Glirdan for being capable of more than restating others’ opinions, but only posting restatements. Votes for Glirdan, citing suspicions and time constraints.
#70: Tells everyone to ignore Sleepy’s campaign for votes, saying he’s going for a killed on day/night 1 record.
#75: Says Diamond may not last the day, points out she was leading in votes.
#77: Vote count, again points out Diamond is the most likely lynchee.
#80: Warning to get votes in before deadline.
#92: Says analysis is hard work (response to Diamond’s doubts about the usefulness of analysis).

Roa appears to have contributed to the discussion yesterday, particularly about the Shaman dream issue. Spawn found her suspicious (and voted for her) based on 1) subtle excuse of random voting (#11) and 2) responding to Jenny's joking accusation. I agree that those things are somewhat suspicious, especially with regard to random voting, since her post on that topic wavered back and forth a little. But, weighed against the rest of her contributions, it doesn't look too bad. Overall, I'd say Roa is mostly innocent appearing.

What, you thought all five would be in this post? Sorry. I don't type that fast.

Findëasëa next...
Old 04-14-2006, 06:15 PM   #108
JennyHallu
The Pearl, The Lily Maid

Location: In my luxury Barrow, snuggled up in a pile of satin pillows, eating fresh fruit.
JennyHallu has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via ICQ to JennyHallu Send a message via AIM to JennyHallu Send a message via MSN to JennyHallu Send a message via Yahoo to JennyHallu
Yay! We're all still here!!!

Although...I almost wish we did know who the wolves had gone after...might have given us some good hints. Awaiting your analysis with interest, Celuien.

Hubby's got me playing computer games, though, so I won't be getting any analyses of my own right now.
Old 04-14-2006, 06:16 PM   #109
Celuien
Riveting Ribbiter

Findëasëa:
#24: Typical day 1 stuff about the village being in trouble, in character, etc. Agrees that dreams shouldn’t be revealed daily. (Well, I can’t disagree here, that being my position and all.)
#56: Votes Glirdan, citing little substance in posts and his being random/having a lack of posts.

Not much to go on here with only two posts. I find it somewhat incongruous to accuse Glirdy based on lack of posting/content while having so few posts herself. But, I’m hesitant to accuse her because this could just as easily be newness as anything else. In fact, it's probably more likely due to newness, but I still don't like it. I’ll wait for futher developments from her before saying more on the issue.

On to Diamond…

Last edited by Celuien; 04-14-2006 at 06:16 PM. Reason: Crossed with Jenny
Celuien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2006, 06:22 PM   #110
Naria
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Naria has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via MSN to Naria
Yay!! Great job Ranger!

Btw, I am truly sorry about missing the vote. I thought I was going to be able to get to a computer before the deadline, but by the time that person was home it was too late.

Now back to more important issues. I have not found anyone in particular to be overly suspicious of as of yet. I will have to go back and read everything that was said including the stuff I missed. I will be back shortly.
Naria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2006, 06:23 PM   #111
Roa_Aoife
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Celuien
1st post - Beginning nonsense, sees flaws in Nogrod's plans. Says that revealing dreams will allow orcs to pick off innocents. Thinks we ought to hold back on revelations till there are enough to make it matter. Suggests leaving hints in event of a dream.
2nd - Responds to Nogrod, says a day by day reveal won't help much. Restates that hints would have to be vague.
3rd - Running analysis, lists current non-posters, nonsense accusations arise.
4th - Expresses hate of Day 1
5th - Responds to Spawn, thinks Spawn is innocent
6th - Votes Diamond, says she's too agreeable and chit-chatty. Thinks that Nogrod, Caran, Spawn, Kitanna, and Caran seem particularly unsuspicious. Gives time to non-posters, wants to watch Glirdan, and will come back to look at Roa, Sleepy and Naria. Wants to hear from Zali.
7th - Quotes Sleepy, wonders about regretting vote for Diamond.
8th - Says Sleepy is impersonating Nilp. Responds to Jenny suspicion of Nogrod.
9th - Starts to feel bad about Diamond Vote
10th - Says she's trying to get LIS's attention

If anything, Celuien stays consistent in what she says, and offers a lot of helpful posts. Her sudden and somewhat late defense of Nogrod sends up red flags, mostly because it looks like a team play, or an Orc attempting to ally with an innocent. (I generally distrust anyone who seems too convinced of someone else's innocence.) She truly seems to regret voting for Diamond, which seems particularly un-orcish to me. Over all, I'd say she looks less suspicious and more helpful for now.

Old 04-14-2006, 06:28 PM   #112
Diamond18
Eidolon of a Took

Silmaril

Post written at Night, to be posted asap Day 2, before reading anyone else’s Day 2 posts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roa
Hey, analyzing posters like a certain penguin lover by the name Thin is hard work.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Egg-Nog
They have proved to be useful many times...
True -- analyzing can be useful to find patterns in people’s behavior. But it can also be a great tool for Werecreatures. Not only can they make a show of being helpful, they can recast other players’ comments and actions in the light which they want the rest of the village to see things. In that sense I view these things with caution. I think everyone has their own idea of what constitutes as Substantial posting, and I find it more substantial when posts have a bit of theorizing and discussion besides a review of what other players have done.

That said, I am now going to do a player-by-player analysis, because it is Night as I type, and I have nothing better to do. If a Wereorc kills me and I don’t get to post it, I will be very grumpy, and possibly break things.

Nogrod

The first person to post after the opener, therefore the first person I will analyze.

#2 Opens a discussion about the Shaman dreams, suggests that each dreamer comes forward right away with what they know.

#4 Responds to Celiuen’s questioning of the wisdom of his plan. Suggests everyone comment on his and Celuien’s ideas.

#6 Say Roa’s point is good, declares intent to sleep.

#28 Responds to Naria, saying he’s not pushing his idea. Says there is no way the Orcs could benefit from open revelations. Expresses uncertainty about own plan.

#34 Responds to Spawn, disagreeing that we will be able to know about dreams after the dreamer dies. Responds to Jenny. Says now his plan is badly flawed, and continues on to explain why: the Shaman will dream about the most experienced and cleverest of players and if/when their innocence is exposed for certain, we will lose them to the Orcs.

#40 Agrees with Jenny that agreeable posts are suspicious. Adds that clearly flawed reasoning is also suspicious. Finds all who discount the possibility of finding an Orc on Day 1 to be suspicious. Says anyone fighting a good idea is an Orc. Does an analysis of the players.

#43 Restates dislike of the “I Agree Movement.” Does another analysis.

#53 Uh, I don’t get this post.

#56 Questions the deadline.

#58 Asks Findëasëa to bold her vote.

#60 Talks about post 53, responds to Farael.

#62 Gives vote count, wonders about Diamond and Glirdan, wants to hear from Diamond.

#68 Responds to Zali, talks more about the dreams, responds to Kitanna, about the dreams, restates abandonment of early plan and defends his earlier reasons for it.

#72 Responds to Sleepy, is puzzled by Sleepy’s behavior.

#75 Is glad to see Diamond, declares his suspicions dropped for the time being.

#80 Posts current vote count, gives opinion on Sleepy (still puzzled) Glirdan (doesn’t think he looks as bad as some think) and Diamond (feels innocent).

#87 Still thinking about who to vote for, mentions usefulness of Diamond and Glirdan so doesn’t like them having the most votes, inclined to kill Sleepy but only has one vote to give and notes it will take two.

#90 Votes for Sleepy per Sleepy’s request, knowing it will have no bearing on the Day’s outcome.

#94 Responds to Diamond, saying analyzing is useful.

#98 Responds to LiS.

Second to post after the opener was:

Celuien

#3 Questions the wisdom of Nogrod’s plan, calls for caution and secrecy for dreamer’s, suggests the use of hints.

#8 Makes short responses to Nogrod and Roa.

#14 Kicks off the analysis process, reviewing the posts so far and listing those who have not yet posted. Makes joking accusations of Grendelien, Sleepy and Spawn based on similar occupations.

#15 Declares hatred of Day 1 and random voting.

#35 Responds to Spawn, says she has a good point about hinting. Says there isn’t much to talk about right now.

#47 Votes for Diamond, saying she was too agreeable and chatty. Lists Nogrod, Caran, Spawn, Kitanna, and Caran as unsuspicious. Gives the newbies the benefit of the doubt. Says Glirdan bears watching, and is noncommittal about Roa, Sleepy, Naria, wants to hear from Zali.

#69 Finds Sleepy strange, doubts own vote for Diamond.

#74 Responds to Sleepy’s response, says he’s not off the hook. Notes Jenny’s suspicion of Nogrod and says Nogrod seems reasonable and innocent so far.

#79 Says she’s starting to feel bad about vote for Diamond.

#82 Posts observation about LiS not being invisible.

Third to post was:

Roa_Aoife

#5 Makes observations on the dreams.

#11 Responds to Caran, says she has good point about the dreamers having say in what they do with the info. Encourages discussion and strategy despite it being Day 1.

#16 Responds briefly to Jenny’s tongue-in-cheek accusation of too suspicious innocence.

#30 Gets Naria and Nogrod confused, asks for explanation about Nogrod comment in post 28.

#42 Apologizes for confusion, responds to Spawn’s question about post 16.

#48 Says most suspicious of Diamond and Glirdan, votes for Glirdan.

#55 Posts about deadline and timezones.

#71 Calls Sleepy a dork.

#76 Responds to Nogrod, speculates on Diamond’s life expectancy.

#78 Posts current vote count, says Diamond is slated for death.

#81 Lists who has not voted.

#93 Responds to Diamond, saying analysis can be hard. (Diamond, now exhausted, must agree with her, and would like to state that analysis is a bitch.)

Fourth to post was Diamond.

Fifth to post was Glirdan.

I will not be analyzing these people for obvious reasons.

Sixth to post was:

Caranlondien

#10 Agrees with Celuien about dreaming and suggests discretion is in order.

#19 Restates opinion on dreaming and says it seems everyone is in agreement. Responds to Diamond’s tongue-in-cheek accusation with in character comment.

#32 Points out Naria/Nogrod confusion on Roa’s part.

#39 Responds to Celuien, says she doesn’t know what she’ll do if she gets a dream. Compliments Spawn’s analysis. Says everyone seems suspicious at the moment.

#41 Sympathizes with newbies. Finds Diamond most suspicious based on Nogrod and Spawn’s lists. Finds Sleepy suspicious.

#64 Responds to Zali, denies that she agreed dreamers should come straight out, says she said opposite. Is torn between Sleepy and Diamond but finds Diamond having least substance and votes for Diamond.

Seventh to post was:

JennyHallu

#13 Mostly all in character, but talks about having thought about the Shaman dreams and says she agrees with Celuien.

#29 Says she’ll be in and out. Says to quit obsessing over the dreams and agreeing with each other, says to focus on finding and Orc.

#49 Says Nogrod, Diamond, and Sleepy are most suspicious.

#54 Votes for Diamond saying not enough substance. (Diamond finds this whole trend highly annoying and no fun at all, and thinks Jenny is one to talk, but then she’s already spoken her piece about that. )

Eighth to post was:

Kitanna

#17 Talks about Shaman dreams, expresses doubt about Nogrod’s plan.

#38 Reviews the Day’s activity so far.

#63 More reviewing. Votes for Sleepy, because of general annoyance over his play.

Ninth to post was:

Findëasëa/

#25 In character, then agrees about keeping dreams secret.

#57 Votes for Glirdan and cites lack of substance and posts.

Tenth to post was:

Grendelien

#26 In character, talks about the dreams, agrees with Caran.

#85 Agrees that Diamond is suspicious but points out that analysis based posts could be a diversion. Votes for Glirdan because s/he is suspicious of those who have voted for Diamond. (I’m not sure I understand this, since Glirdan didn’t vote for me.)

#88 Apologizes for spelling Nogrod’s name wrong.

Eleventh to post was:

Naria

#27 Apologizes for late show, agrees about being quiet about dreams.

#37 Responds to Roa, elaborates on stance.

Twelfth to post was:

Sleepy Ranger

#31 Declares intent to vote randomly.

#45 Says he doesn’t like Day 1 and always votes randomly.

#50 Says he dislikes people who put down random voting, votes for Jenny because of that.

#67 Says Caran should have voted for him instead of Diamond.

#70 Responds to Celuien and says he’s strange and contradictory in general. Says he’s been trying to get lynched.

#77 Says he wants to get lynched or die in the night but will play normally if that doesn’t happen. Supports Diamond. (Should I be worried about this dubious vote of confidence?)

#83 Begs Nogrod to vote for him.

#89 Asks Nogrod again to vote for him.

#92 Is happy Nogrod voted for him, asks Wereorcs to please kill him.

Thirteenth to post was:

dancing spawn of ungoliant

#33 Says that she would rather have reasoned posts than obscure hints about dreams, but says dreamers can decide for themselves what to do.

#36 Reviews the Day so far, expresses suspicion of Diamond, Roa, Findëasëa, and Sleepy.

#46 Votes for Roa.

Fourteenth to post was:

Azaelia of Willowbottom

#52 Apologizes for lateness, talks about dreaming, agrees with the usual.

#61 Posts analysis of Day, categorizes players as: innocent (herself, Spawn) Watch me! (Diamond, Sleepy, Glirdan) hasn’t shown up (LiS) Don’t know (Caranlondien, Nogrod, Grendelien, Findëasëa, Celuien, Glirdan, Naria, Roa_Aoife, Kitanna, Jenny)

#84 Responds to Caran, says her decision is between Sleepy and Glirdan, gives Diamond benefit of the doubt, votes Glirdan.

Last to post was

Legolas in spandex

#97 Post after Day has ended, expresses confusion, apologizes for missing Day 1.

Last edited by Diamond18; 04-14-2006 at 06:38 PM.
Diamond18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2006, 06:36 PM   #113
Celuien
Riveting Ribbiter

Diamond:
#7: Mostly in character nonsense. Agrees with yours truly about not rushing to reveal dreams.
#12: Not sure what we should discuss other than Shaman strategy, agrees with Caran and me that dream revealing should be done with discretion. Waiting for more of the village to arrive.
#18: More day 1 in character stuff – this time accusations of Roa and Caran based on related occupations. Says not to hate day 1 since it’s the only chance to post in character nonsense.
#22: Silliness about how to kill an orc. Says she’ll be looking for Shaman dream hints.
#72: Defense. Says it’s absurd to accuse her for being in character on day 1. Votes for Glirdan to save herself.
#85: Thanks Nogrod for confidence in her innocence, says she’ll be upset if she’s lynched for enjoying herself on the first day, thinks being absent made her suspicious.
#90: Suspicious of analysis as substance, though it’s a “staple of the game.” Too frazzled to have suspicions, but says there should be lots to look at for suspicious behavior the next day.

At first, I found the silliness suspicious – I tend to find anyone who makes a lot of noise without really saying anything suspicious. But the tone of 72 and 85 seems genuine. I also tend to suspect those who appear to agree with everyone all the time, even if I'm the one being agreed with (), especially in combination with not really adding anything else, as Diamond did pretty much until her defense post. As for voting position, as the 3rd of 5 to vote for an innocent Glirdan, this is a suspicious spot, but I can’t use it against her since Glirdan was the best way to save herself from lynching (more suspicious to most than Sleepy and the next leader in vote count). Overall, she looks far less suspicious to me than she did when I voted for her yesterday.

Crossed with Diamond.
Old 04-14-2006, 06:38 PM   #114
Naria
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Naria has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via MSN to Naria
Quote:
I find it more substantial when posts have a bit of theorizing and discussion besides a review of what other players have done.
Diamond, I find the rest of your post in direct conflict with what you are saying in the above quote. How is this too help any of us? Would we not be able to just go back a re-read everyone's post for ourselves, afterall it is only Day 2 and not all the difficult to go back a couple pages? What are your feelings in this player-by-player analyses? It seems to me like you want to look like you are helping when you really aren't.
Naria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2006, 06:55 PM   #115
Roa_Aoife
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diamond
#71 Calls Sleepy a dork.
*falls over laughing*

Old 04-14-2006, 06:59 PM   #116
Roa_Aoife
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Caran
1st - Nonsense, thinks Celuien makes a good point about dream reveals. Thinks discretion is the way to go, points out the Orcs are watching too
2nd - States consensus that dream reveals should come at the discretion of the dreamers, Nonsense response to Diamond's nonsense accusation
3rd - Corrects Roa
4th - Thinks Spawn did a good job on analysis, doesn't have any well-founded suspicions yet
5th - Thanks Nogrod for the analysis, Sympathizes with Findeasea and Grendelien on newbieness, makes a good point about Day 1, says that with Nogrod and Spawn's lists combined, Diamond looks the most suspicious, Also thinks Sleepy is suspicious
6th - Corrects Azaelia, torn between Diamond and Sleepy, Votes Diamond

Caran, too, makes good points and stays consistent. She seemed fairly thoughtful in all her posts, and gave some good reasoning for what she did. I can't seem to find anything suspicious in her actions at this point, but I'm keeping an eye on her.

Old 04-14-2006, 07:00 PM   #117
Celuien
Riveting Ribbiter

Zali:
#51: Apologies for not being present. Cites school, illness, dinner. Agrees that dream revelations are at the receiver’s discretion. Cautions against obvious hints as reason to be targeted by orcs, but wants some indication so that dreams can be found should the poster be killed.
#60: Analysis of posters with error about Caran’s position on dream revealing. Thinks Spawn is innocent, wants to watch Diamond, Glirdan and Sleepy, doesn’t know about the rest.
#82: Apologizes for error about Caran’s post. Asks Sleepy about channeling Nilp. Says that Diamond’s most recent post seems innocent and she’ll vote for either Glirdan or Sleepy, finding both equally suspicious (though agreeing with Kitanna that Sleepy may be too bold for an orc). Votes Glirdan, then apologizes for vote if he turns out to be innocent while pointing out that the vote is based on actual suspicion.

What do I think of this? Somewhat suspicious. I don’t like apologies for votes when they’re based on suspicion. That’s the reason to vote for someone…unless you know they’re innocent and you’re covering tracks. Vote also come at prime bandwagon hiding time. Will watch.

Grendelien:
#24: Laments Farael. Will miss his skipping Na over pond water (!!!). Says that dreams are a double-edged sword, apologizes for repeating everyone’s thoughts on the dreams, agrees with Caran’s plan.
#83: Expresses confusion over who to vote for. Says that Diamond’s lack of substance is suspicious, but that Nogrod and I could be wolves trying to cause a diversion by writing detailed posts. Votes Glirdan because of suspicion of the Diamond voters, though thinking that it isn’t a good reason to vote for someone.

Again, not a whole lot to go on. Overall feel is non-suspicious based on fairly good logic, though I would have liked to hear a little more. Actually voting for Glirdan based on suspicion of the Diamond voters is reasonable, since if Grendelien did suspect the Diamond voters, it would have been an indication of her innocence. I’d like to hear more about which of the Diamond voters were found most suspicious.

In the overall overall, the most suspicious Glirdan voter from my perspective is Zali.

And that’s all for now!
Old 04-14-2006, 07:02 PM   #118
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

That was a job! Good God! And I see you have been faster than me... But for hard-core weregamers, this should be intresting indeed. I'll reserve my interpretation to a later moment - as I have time to come up with it - but this really opened some new interpretations I hadn't thought of before...

So

The first three accusations made, could be counted in the joke-compartment (but in a WW-game you never know about these either).

First Jenny and Celuien crooss-posted (random) accusations

Jenny #13: Spawn & Roa (too innocent), Sleepy (being a barrell), Diamond (having good time & not seeing the imminent end of the world)
Celuien #14: Using the “Random Illuminator™”, which revealed: Grendelien, Sleepy & Spawn

Third joke-one was:
Diamond #18: Caranlodien & Roa (always hanging together)

Then we came to some more thought of accusations / suspicions – and some of this stuff is quite interesting indeed (getting better towards the end, but there are a few interesting things quite early on too):

Spawn #35: Suspecting Diamond for chatting to avoid “under radar” suspicions. Roa about excusing random voting and taking time to answer Jenny’s joke accusation. Findëasëa, for posting only once – then retreating with first-timer issue. Sleepy, for not being serious although saying he is.

Kitanna#37 Agrees with Spawn’s suspicions – even not agreeing with them all. Mostly suspects Roa and Diamond.

Caran #38 Agrees with Spawn’s suspicions – adds to be suspecting everyone.

Nogrod #39 Makes a list of people, leaving the “most suspicious” to the bottom (without any clear indication of there being an order in the list): Diamond and Sleepy.

Caran #40 Defends Grendelien & Findëasëa, as newbies. Agrees with the suspicions of Diamond (lots of posts with no substance cover guilt) and Sleepy (not posting enough)!

Nogrod #42 Says wouldn’t vote for Celuien, Roa, Spawn, Jenny & Caranlodien. Says Diamond “somewhat suspicious”, ans Sleepy’s gaming style suspicious (although known). Agreeing with Caran about the newbies.

Spawn #45 Just votes boldly for Roa, with no further reason given...

Celuien #46 Votes for Diamond: too agreeable (+ others have stated more reasons). Noting that Nogrod, Caran, Spawn, Kitanna, and Caran seem particularly unsuspicious. Wants to give newbies the benefit of doubt. Wants to watch Glirdan, will think about Roa, Naria & Sleepy.

Roa #47 Votes for Glirdan (just restating others opinions & known to able to do more), suspects Diamond (lack of content).

Jenny #48 Finds suspicious: Nogrod for his own reasoning: Anyone fighting against a good idea is an orc!, Diamond for general hyperness, and Sleepy for promoting random votes

Sleepy #49 Voting Jenny for her accusation for him.

Glirdan #50 Voting Sleepy (“completely random”).

Jenny #53 Voting for Diamond (votes are already spread enough).

Findëasëa #56 Voting Glirdan (little substance + random voting as a cover?).

Zali #60 Puts Glirdan, Sleepy (random votes) and Diamond (no substance) on the “watch list”. “leaning towards innocent: Spawn (looks innocent and logical)

Nogrod #61 Says, he is uneasy about Diamond & Glirdan being first in the lynch-line, although he has his suspicions on both of them (not playing like they normally do).

Kitanna #62 Votes Sleepy (for being, not suspicious, but “childish”), agrees with Spawn lightly about suspicions for Roa.

Caran #63 Votes Diamond over Sleepy (“by gut”).

Nogrod #71 Expresses frustration on Sleepy – kind of believing him innocent.

Diamond #72 Votes for Glirdan (to save her butt).

Celuien #73 Thinks Nogrod innocent (genuine motivation + well-reasoned and informative).

Nogrod #74 Welcomes Diamond’s post and drops suspicion on her.

Sleepy #76 “Diamond’s alright” (right mind-set).

Celuien #78 Feeling bad for voting Diamond.

Nogrod #79 Sleepy wants to die, but that sounds bad, Glirdan has not been so bad, Diamond feels innocent

Zali #82 Chooses between Sleepy & Glirdan, votes Glirdan. Gives Diamond the benefit of doubt.

Grendelien #83 Votes for Glirdan and suspect those who have voted Diamond (whom she also admits being suspicious), Wonders, whether analysis by Celuien and Nogrod could be a diversions.

Nogrod #85 X-posts with a lot of stuff: reinstates that Glirdy would be useful as an innocent, Diamond possibly more so. Would be ready to give Sleepy the death he desires (as the least bad from the three options at hand).

Nogrod #88 Votes for Sleepy, as Glirdan is practically dead already, and Sleepy insisted...

EDIT: X-posted with millions...
Old 04-14-2006, 07:08 PM   #119
Diamond18
Eidolon of a Took

Quote:
How is this too help any of us? Would we not be able to just go back a re-read everyone's post for ourselves, afterall it is only Day 2 and not all the difficult to go back a couple pages? What are your feelings in this player-by-player analyses? It seems to me like you want to look like you are helping when you really aren't.
Naria, I'll be getting to that. That was all I had time for last night. I haven't done post-by-post analysis before so I was trying it out to see what I could find. I was going to do it anyway for my own benefit and since I did it, I posted it. You don't have to read it if you don't think you need to. It doesn't make me innocent, and that's my point about analysis. It's all well and good to do it, but it doesn't mean the person who wrote the analysis is innocent. That's not the same as me saying it should not be done.

Anyway, I just got home from work and finished dinner so I'll be reading today's posts and elaborating on what my review of yesterday told me.
Old 04-14-2006, 07:25 PM   #120
Roa_Aoife
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Jenny
1st - Nonsense, Agrees with Celuien about shaman dreams, doesn't want to give the orcs too much, nonsense accusations
2nd - Tells people to stop obsessing over the dreams, points out that a general consensus has been reached, says just showing up to say "I agree" is fairly useless after a point. Points out that revealing dreams will start narrowing the list for the orcs of who the Shaman is. Wants to focus on catching an orc.
3rd - Is suspicious of Nogrod, Diamond, and Sleepy
4th - says vote is spread out enough, Votes Diamond for not enough substance

One of the slightly less active people Day 1. She starts out having fun, but then gets serious. Her second post had some good points in it, and she did stay consistent throughout. Beyond that, there's not a lot to go on. Out of the three, she's the most suspicious, but that's not saying a lot. I'm also keeping an eye on her.