The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Fun and Games > Middle-earth Mirth
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 06-01-2006, 03:55 PM   #241
the guy who be short
Shadowed Prince

the guy who be short has just left Hobbiton.
Is iit better to lose an innocent SpM or a Hunter?
the guy who be short is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2006, 03:57 PM   #242
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Location: Wearing rat's coat, crowskin, crossed staves in a field behaving as the wind behaves
Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via MSN to Nogrod
Morm: either you are valiant man, or very tricksy indeed. I hope you are the first one...
Nogrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2006, 03:57 PM   #243
the guy who be short
Shadowed Prince

I too would change back to morm - but that would still only leave us with 5. The rules state that Caran would still die, as she got 5 votes first.

So the only hope appears to be either morm or Nogrod voting for SpM. Doing so will give the innocents a secure base to rally around tomorrow.
Morm, what exactly is threatening about anything I've said?
Old 06-01-2006, 03:59 PM   #244
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Location: Wearing rat's coat, crowskin, crossed staves in a field behaving as the wind behaves
Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Caran is here...
Old 06-01-2006, 03:59 PM   #245
Caranlondien
Shade of Carn Dûm

Caranlondien has just left Hobbiton.
Nogrod and morm, please vote for SpM.

We don't know anything definite about him. I am the hunter.
Caranlondien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2006, 04:00 PM   #246
Cailín
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Cailín has just left Hobbiton.
*sigh* hopeless beings.

--Caranlondien

++Saucepan Man
Cailín is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2006, 04:00 PM   #247
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Caran, vote for Morm
Old 06-01-2006, 04:00 PM   #248
Caranlondien
Shade of Carn Dûm

Nogrod, morm has 3 votes right now. Add mine and Guys and we still only have 5. I still die.
Old 06-01-2006, 04:00 PM   #249
the guy who be short
Shadowed Prince

Caran has already voted for SpM. Her vote is irrelevant. The choice lies with you two men.
Old 06-01-2006, 04:00 PM   #250
the guy who be short
Shadowed Prince

Hooray for Cailin.
Old 06-01-2006, 04:00 PM   #251
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

What's the actual tally?

(30 second rule hit me...)
Old 06-01-2006, 04:01 PM   #252
Caranlondien
Shade of Carn Dûm

::SIGH::

Cailín, if I could hug you right now, I would.
Old 06-01-2006, 04:01 PM   #253
Kath
Everlasting Whiteness

Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Send a message via MSN to Kath
Day has ended, please stop talking. That means all of you.

The Saucepan Man's death will be up soon.
Old 06-01-2006, 04:01 PM   #254
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

This is tense... and terrible.
Old 06-01-2006, 04:01 PM   #255
Cailín
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Let's hope it was for a good cause.
Old 06-01-2006, 04:35 PM   #256
Kath
Everlasting Whiteness

Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
“Oh you fools!” Cried The Saucepan Man, having witnessed the flurry of voting that had eventually led to this situation. “First you lynch the one person I thought to be innocent and now you lynch the one person I know to be innocent!”

“Would you please shut up? We’ve had enough of your chatter!” Cried the villagers. “It doesn’t matter if you’re innocent, we had to save the Hunter.”

“Yes.” Interjected Cailín. “Sorry for the deciding vote thing and all, but those useless men just couldn’t make up their minds. Why, I’ll bet they can’t even think of a decent way to kill you now.”

“Oh yes we can!” Cried the two in question, outraged at the accusation. Everyone stood in expectant silence waiting for the ideas to spew forth, but none were forthcoming.

“Well.” Nogrod mumbled. “I can’t do it while everyone’s watching.”

Smirking, Cailín turned to the rest of the villagers.

“Anyone got any ideas? I happen to know that his favourite animal is the duck-billed platypus, but I can’t think of a way to use that in his death so . . .”

Her words were interrupted by the arrival of a member of the village who had been missing for much of the day, Nilpaurion Felagund. A simple arrival would not have had such a dramatic effect on the proceedings, except that he turned up bearing the platypus previously mentioned.

Sauce cried out in alarm. He’d been banking on the fact that no such creatures could be found in these parts, but now here was one staring straight him in the face. Well, the general stomach area really but that didn’t make for a very frightening image in anyone’s imagination.

He began to struggle, his pans hitting some of his captors, but rather than causing them to let go, this simply reinforced their desire to keep him still, so they tied him to the flagpole in the village square, before spitefully hitting over the head with his own pans in retaliation.

A few members of the village were crowded around Nilp and his platypus. They were having difficulty getting a straight answer out of him as to where he’d been all Day and what he was doing with this creature, as Adam kept trying to surface and show them something. Eventually deciding that they would get nowhere until they allowed him to give his little demonstration they stepped back.

“Thank you. Now, watch.”

He turned the platypus round and squeezed it hard. The creature gave out a strange squawking sound, and suddenly a egg shot out of it, heading directly for Sauce. The tied man tried to avoid the missile heading his way but the villagers had attached him so firmly to the pole that he could do nothing but shake his head. They watched as the egg crashed into his throat, and heard the gasping attempts at breathing before he finally realised that his windpipe had been crushed.

They slowly moved closer, waiting for his transformation, but yet again they were disappointed. As the final wisp of air left his throat, Sauce collapsed in his bonds, very definitely an ordinary villager.

As if this wasn’t enough, they jumped at the scream emanating from behind them. Turning they saw Nilp lying on the ground, caught in what looked like death throes.

“Help me!” He screamed. “He’s getting out!”

Confused the villagers looked to each other hoping someone else would have some idea of what he was talking about.

“What can he mean?” Was the question being passed round. They soon got their answer. Nilp gave one final scream and then gave up, closing his eyes to let death take him. From his body there rose a silvery, translucent mist, which formed the shape of a man.

“He means me!” It whispered. “I am Adam, and I am finally free!”

dancing spawn stepped forward.

“Free? Maybe. But you have killed Nilp, your host, the only thing tying you to this mortal realm. Now that he is gone, so are you.”

The apparition scoffed, but then paused at the certain look on spawn’s face. As he began to protest, his ‘body’ started to disintegrate.

“No!” He cried. “This cannot be! Noooooo!”

And then he was gone. The villagers looked at the two bodies, both decidedly innocent of wolvery, and left lmp to his unfortunate job.

Dead:
Night 1 ~ Kath, killed by a turtle in an aerial attack ~ Innocent.
Day 1 ~ Boromir, lynched by the villagers by means of lions ~ Innocent.
Night 2 ~ Formendacil, killed by a coyote and it's trickery ~ Innocent.
Day 2 ~ Saucepan Man, lynched by the villagers by means of a platypus catapault ~ Innocent.
Day 2 ~ Nilpaurion Felagund, killed by an emerging alter-ego ~ Innocent.

Living:
Lhuna - traveller with absolutely no sense of direction
Cailín - tragedienne
Fea - confectionist
Celuien - ketchup grower
TGWBS - Pokémaster
Lommy - AA-adviser
Nogrod - owner of ME's first hamburger restaurant
lmp - gravedigger
Tom - tree surgeon
Caran - town poet
Findëasëa (from now called Fin) - alpaca herder
spawn - lumberjackess
Mith - aura consultant
morm - butcher
Durelin - ninja

Night 3 has now begun.
Wolves, Seer, Ranger, Hunter and Changeling please PM me your choices.

Last edited by Kath; 06-01-2006 at 04:43 PM.
Kath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2006, 03:52 PM   #257
Kath
Everlasting Whiteness

Dancing spawn of ungoliant headed out towards the woods. She knew the warnings about the wolves and their animal helpers, but staying safe from them wasn’t going to do her any good if she died from cold in the meantime. Swinging her axe up onto her shoulder she kept a sharp eye out for anything moving.

Reaching the first line of trees without incident, spawn now faced a dilemma. If she turned her back on the town she would be caught unawares if the wolves came for her from there, but if she turned her back on the woods any number of animals could creep up on her from that direction. Caught between a rock and hard place, spawn gave up on any kind of lookout, and simply attempted to cut down the wood she needed for her fire as quickly as possible.

Slamming her axe into the tree spawn soon had a healthy pile of branches lying next to her and gathered them up in her arms, ready to return home. Walking out from behind the tree she set off towards the village, pleased that there seemed to be no wolves in sight. She was halfway home before she remembered about the animals.

Stopping in her tracks she heard a faint thud behind her. Glancing round she saw nothing and began walking again, a little faster now than before. Every time her feet hit the ground she was sure she could hear it echo, but she was walking through an open space with nothing to reflect the noise. She turned again to look behind, and this time saw a faint flash of something light in colour amidst the trees.

Dropping all but two of the branches to lighten the load, spawn began to run, but this time her eyes were so fixed on the possible danger behind that she didn’t see the approach of the definite danger in front. Her eyes flicked forward to ensure she wouldn’t trip over anything, and immediately focused on the wolves sitting a little way off, right in between her and the village. Whirling round she saw a horse emerge from the woods and make its way toward her.

Holding the branches so she had one in each hand, spawn pointed one toward the wolves and one toward the horse, trying to look menacing. It didn’t work. The nearest wolf leapt and snatched the branch from her hand. Using her distraction to the advantage the horse reared up and kicked her in the stomach, sending her crashing down to the ground, and the stick flew out of her hand.

Moving over her, the horse reared up again. Staring down at spawn with its gleaming red eyes it made a triumphant noise, and brought its front hooves down onto her head, crushing it in one violent motion. Satisfied with its work, the horse galloped back to the forest, leaving the wolves to their feast.

The villagers awoke the next morning and soon noticed that spawn was no longer among them. Cautiously they looked for evidence of what the wolves had done with her. Remembering her occupation, they made their way out of the village and toward the woods.

“There!” Someone cried, pointing. The villagers followed the finger, and saw spawn. One leg had been planted in the ground and she was balancing precariously on one arm. The other two limbs had been torn off and were strewn around her. Her axe was propped up next to her.

“Well.” Said one villager faintly, after recovering from the bout of nausea that had followed the sight. “At least we know the wolves have a sense of humour.”

Day 3 how now begun. Wolves stop PMing, villagers start talking.

Dead:
Night 1 ~ Kath, killed by a turtle in an aerial attack ~ Innocent.
Day 1 ~ Boromir, lynched by the villagers by means of lions ~ Innocent.
Night 2 ~ Formendacil, killed by a coyote and it's trickery ~ Innocent.
Day 2 ~ Saucepan Man, lynched by the villagers by means of a platypus catapault ~ Innocent.
Day 2 ~ Nilpaurion Felagund, killed by an emerging alter-ego ~ Innocent.
Night 3 ~ dancing spawn of ungoliant ~ Innocent.

Living:
Cailín - tragedienne
Fea - confectionist
Celuien - ketchup grower
TGWBS - Pokémaster
Lommy - AA-adviser
lmp - gravedigger
Tom - tree surgeon
Caran - town poet
Mith - aura consultant
morm - butcher
Durelin - ninja

Last edited by Kath; 06-06-2006 at 01:06 PM.
Kath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2006, 04:54 PM   #258
Findëasëa
Haunting Spirit

Findëasëa has just left Hobbiton.
We are down two more valuable players, after both SPM and Spawn's deaths. Today we need to catch a wolf. I went back yesterday and started analyzing some of the actions of people who I am very unsure of at this point. As evidenced from the fact that the two greatest suspects yesterday have both been revealed as innocents, it seems likely that the wolves may be trying to hide in obscurity. The person I started with first was Lhuna. I did not find much mention of her, or any sort of analysis whatsoever so here is what I have:
Lhuna:
Day 1
Nothing of interest- in character, random etc…
Reiterates Nogrod’s comments on usefulness of the changeling. She voices a fear that the changeling can also bring about the victory for the wolves. She says that she hates it when someone has that much power.
Votes for TGWBS, no real justification is given.

Day 1 Analysis:
On the first day Lhuna was extremely careful. All of her posts seem very safe. She talks about abstract concepts, such as the role of the changeling, without giving any solid opinions. She then votes for TGWBS without supplying any reasoning. This does not stick out as particularly wolfish. It was a day one, and she may have been pressed for time. It does seem like she was being careful not to do anything suspicious, but this alone is not enough to warrant suspicion.

Day 2
Comments that the lynching of Boro on day one was odd, and cites an example of a similar situation that occurred with Gurthang. “Why can't we all learn that when people do this they're usually innocent? Just usually, mind.” She then goes on to say that she mostly agrees with SPM’s analysis of the people who voted Boromir. Although she is not suspicious of Spawn, she would fear her if she were a wolf. She does not think that the wolves would have contributed to an innocent’s death on the first day. She goes on to discuss Form’s death. She thinks that it was because he ‘left no trails yesterDay’ as well as it would cause confusion. She does not think that Caran is guilty, instead she fears one of her voters might be a wolf (LMP, SPM, or Cailin), but says that she does not think that it is a strong enough basis to suspect them.
Lhuna says that she finds the behavior of Morm and LMP unusual. She lists a few things that she thinks might have contributed to their strangeness. Next, she notes that a case has been made against Durelin. She suggests that suspicion of Durelin should not be dismissed, as this reasoning might cause us to ignore bold wolves. Finally she is wary of Fea because of her randomness.
She says that despite her unease about Fea, she thinks that her unwillingness to use retractable votes in her favor. Lhuna says that she will not retract votes, unless it proves necessary, and plans to keep an eye on those who do use the retractable votes a lot.
She then votes for Durelin, as she thinks she might be a bold wolf.

Day Two Analysis:
Today Lhuna’s playing style shifted. She gave a lot of opinions about specific individuals. She still seems very cautious to me. This is evident in statements like “Why can't we all learn that when people do this they're usually innocent? Just usually, mind.” Statements like this leave the option of the player to not give a definite opinion, so they can be more flexible later. The only person who she directly accused as wolf-like was Durelin. This is interesting, as other people have voiced this similar fears of Durelin as well (SPM in 73, Celuien 123, LMP 132). At this point, I am cautious of Lhuna, because she is playing the game very safely and the reasoning of her second vote seemed to just echo other player's opinions, but I see no real reason to suspect her. If anyone knows if this kind of behavior is consistant with how she usually acts, it would be useful.
Findëasëa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2006, 05:27 PM   #259
Caranlondien
Shade of Carn Dûm

First of all, apologies for waiting so long to reveal myself yesterDay, thus forcing the un-thought-out lynching of SpM. I thought I could make it another Day, and I almost did, but at the end there I had to, and there wasn't much time for a reasoned debate about whom to lynch.

Now, my record with wolf-spotting so far isn't that great, but for what it's worth, I'll give my thoughts on the village. So far, I've been kind of ignoring my suspicions of the quiet villagers, because I didn't feel we had enough to go on there. But I think at this point, it's time to start looking at them more closely.

My thoughts in this post are all without any real analysis, just general observations. I'll do more detailed stuff a bit later.

So, here's the village:

Lhuna
Cailín
Fea
Celuien
TGWBS
Lommy
Nogrod
lmp
Tom
Fin
Mith
morm
Durelin

So far the ones I've been most suspicious of are Fea, Mith, morm, and Durelin. lmp could be up there, too, though my suspicions of him have dwindled.

I'm glad Fin has taken a look at Lhuna, one of the quieter villagers who could be a wolf flying under the radar. Tom is another I'd like to look at, and hear a bit more from. And then there's Fin herself. So far she's been enormously helpful and sensible. That makes me nervous Her defense of me yesterDay (though much appreciated ) reminded me a bit of how I played as a wolf (erm, I mean orc) - when it looked like an innocent was going to be lynched, I tried to convince the village they were innocent, to make myself look good after they died. All I'm saying is, keep an eye on her. I don't want to lynch her yet, as if she's innocent, she'll be very useful.
Old 06-02-2006, 05:40 PM   #260
Celuien
Riveting Ribbiter

Celuien has just left Hobbiton.
Apologies to Caran. I was convinced that she was a wolf yesterday. The hunter revelation, which I saw after day ended, came as shock to me.

At least I was right about one thing. SPaM was innocent. I told you not to lynch him.

I suddenly find myself very wary of Mithalwen for her switch to SPaM after LMP's attack on him. Not so much that she did vote for him as much as this qualifier:
Quote:
This strategy makes you so vulnerable if it backfires that I will chance trusting you
I'd like to hear an explanation of that comment. Why point out that the vote is made because LMP would be vulnerable for attacking SPM? And I don't see why it's risky to trust LMP because he's vulnerable. He bears the risk, not those whom he convinces by his arguments. Indeed, I'd say that his attack on SPM was too aggressive and risky to be a likely Poetic Wolf move. Which makes voting with probably-innocent LMP against an innocent Panman possible cover for a wolf. Had that comment not been included, I wouldn't be as inclined to suspect Mith.

Durelin remains high on my suspect list for voting SPM after making this statement:
Quote:
He's been acting rather like SPM, seeming to get irritated with people as he normally does, and ranting quite a lot. That's normal for him. But he's a bit more aggressive than I've experienced him being...though subtlely. I may be waaaayyy off, but he is not sticking to his votes or his statements. This might be proof of his innocence, but it might not be. He doesn't even seem to be headed in a certain direction, as far as I can tell, and there is nothing wrong with that, except that it's Saucie. I feel compelled to 'wait and see,' and yet I must vote. I'd like to see if I get killed tonight...then I think everyone should keep a closer eye on Saucie, as I would be the second person he defended and then 'offed.' I do think he's a lote smarter than that, though. But I'm not sure if that necessarily has anything to do with it. A wolf victory can come in many forms.
Back and forth, wants to wait and see, says his behavior is normal and may or may not be proof of his innocence. That's not the best reason to vote for him. Or anyone. Odd.

Findëasëa - I always find Lhuna difficult to read, but she seems pretty normal to me right now.

EDIT: Crossposted with Caran.
Old 06-02-2006, 06:03 PM   #261
mormegil
Maundering Mage

mormegil is a guest at the Prancing Pony.mormegil is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Okay I'm back and I've now officially read the entire thread! Up to this point I have not been able to ergo my weak posts and strange behavior. A lot of my posts came when I had read portions and needed to comment on something that I saw, which wasn't much I admit. WW weariness is indeed what I suffer from currently; after the most taxing game I've been in we were forced to immediately begin here and I played mainly because it was Kath modding and we have a long BD and WW history together.

That being said I would like to give my general impression of all players. I don't have many quotes currently but I hope that I will be able to give some later on.

Lhuna - Far too quiet and not nearly loony enough. I'm uncomfortable with her though not convinced of guilt yet.

Cailín - I find highly suspicious. She seems good and cute but I think she may be hiding a secret and saw yesterday's chance to save Caran as a great ploy. If I am wrong forgive my skepticism. Mentioning that when I got back yesterday and made my quick post I didn't see that Caran had declared herself even though I noticed that I quoted TGWBS telling me she is the hunter. I was briefly scanning the thread for the mention of my name to see if I was going to be killed and missed that.

Fea - I'm fairly certain is innocent. I believe her story and will give her the requested benefit of the doubt.

Celuien - Markedly more quiet than I am use to. Though she is never too vocal but I don't really suspect her.

TGWBS - I find highly suspicious and many good cases have been brought against him by SpM, Spawn, and others. To be fair I tend to find him suspicious all the time, he's kind of like a mini-kath to me.

Lommy - Seems extremely suspicious to me. I hope to do more of an analysis on her but many good cases against her too. She seems to be moving a lot of opinion in an attempted subtle manner. She twists words and takes things out of context far too much for my liking.

Nogrod - Feels likely innocent to me.

lmp - Uncertain but I think innocent.

Tom - Moderately suspicious and would keep my eye on him.

Findëasëa - Entirely unsure and no real opinion.

Mith - Innocent!!!! Trust me on this one.

Durelin - Bold wolf or silly villager. Sadly she could be either rather well.

My top suspects remain

Lommy
TGWBS
Cailin
Durelin

in that order.
Old 06-02-2006, 06:41 PM   #262
Caranlondien
Shade of Carn Dûm

As to morm's list of suspects:
Lommy - I always find her behavior suspicious. I've never known her as a wolf, so I don't have much insight.
TGWBS - He played a key role in saving me yesterDay. But that's the position a wolf would want to be in. The only game I've been in with him, I was a strong proponent of lynching him, and he turned out to be innocent.
Cailin - Same as TGWBS; as morm points out, saving me yesterDay would make an excellent wolf ploy. And she's another one slipping under the radar. But her behavior so far has seemed like normal to me.
Durelin - No idea about her... She's certainly worth watching, but I don't have a strong gut reaction to her.

I suppose that's not very helpful, as it's pretty much just me saying "I don't know anything about them, so I can't help you". I do have at least some experience with the first three on the list, so I'll take a closer look at them and see what I can come up with.
Old 06-02-2006, 06:53 PM   #263
Durelin
Estelo dagnir, Melo ring

Durelin is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Durelin is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Eye

I don't feel a real need to overly defend myself. If my vote for SPM seems incredibly suspicious, than...oh well. So SPM ended up being innocent. We almost killed, at least as far as we can tell, our Hunter. Yes, there were others to vote for, but...well, I didn't vote for them. And I suppose the placing of my post seems to stick me on a bandwagon, but all the votes for SPM before mine were obviously cast before I posted, and I was not aware of them when I posted, except for LMP's vote. Unfortunately, though, I did not get the chance to go over what he had to say, as I was coming the end of my post and the end of the time I had.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Celuien
That's not the best reason to vote for him. Or anyone. Odd.
Sorry if it seems that way to you.

And trust me, finding out the SPM was innocent was a real blow for me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caran
un-thought-out lynching of SpM
I disagree on the 'un-thought-out' bit, at least on my part. I assure you, my vote for him was not purely out of a rush to save you. Sorry, but it wasn't. (considering you hadn't revealed yourself yet when I voted).

I really want to look at Celuien further (and no, not because she's suspicious of me...it's not like she's the only one, anyway), particularly since she keeps going for the very obvious choices. On day one, she initially just votes for Nilp. He by nature is obvious. But that's a day one vote, so it's always hard to tell.

Then, everyone starts getting suspicious of me, cause I somehow land myself in a SPM bandwagon (sounds familiar, heh) because of my ninja foolishness. Up pops Celuien with a vote for me.

Next day, she is of course still suspicious of me, and analyzes me. But then she quickly moves on the Caran, after comments from SPM garner some suspicion about her and tom bombarrific agrees that she is suspicious.

After her analysis of Caran, there is only one other brief post (posted very shortly after the analysis, in response to a post from the analyzed suspect herself) from her until she shows up to vote for Caran after four people already have.

After Caran reveals that she is the Hunter (and as far as we know she is), we do not hear from Celuien at all. It was nearing the end of the day, though, so 'tis understandable.

And today, she's back to me, now that everyone is looking at me again, particularly since my vote for SPM that is apparently 'odd.' I think poorly timed, rather. And obviously, I was wrong. Shock of shocks. Perhaps her suspicion of me is understandable, but she seems to be avoiding looking at suspects other than those that are getting the most attention. And she's really been staying under the radar. The problem is, she seems to go with the tide.

I'm sure some could accuse me that I am being hypocritical, but I really feel that I am not.

And this makes me feel a bit odd:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Celuien
At least I was right about one thing. SPaM was innocent. I told you not to lynch him.
Seems to me like a 'told you so' that screams 'look at me, I'm so innocent!' Doesn't sit well with me.

Unfortunately that's all I have time for right now. I'll be back to look at other people when I can.
Durelin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2006, 07:06 PM   #264
Celuien
Riveting Ribbiter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Durelin
Seems to me like a 'told you so' that screams 'look at me, I'm so innocent!' Doesn't sit well with me.
Fine with me. I've been wrong about enough things so far that I just feel like celebrating being right about one thing. Even if it doesn't do him any good, it means that I wasn't fooled by a Wolfman Sauce again. *shrugs*

As for going back and forth between you and Caran, I quite simply found you both suspicious. And if it's obvious, well, why not suspect the obvious? Awfully embarrassing to miss what's staring you in the face, isn't it? I can't help it if I'm thinking the same way as others. And I can't cobble together a case against someone I don't suspect merely to pick a less obvious player so that I won't be accused of going with the tide. That, my friend, would be wolvish. *shrugs again*

Oh, and yes, I'm so innocent it hurts.
Old 06-02-2006, 07:26 PM   #265
Caranlondien
Shade of Carn Dûm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Durelin
I disagree on the 'un-thought-out' bit, at least on my part. I assure you, my vote for him was not purely out of a rush to save you. Sorry, but it wasn't. (considering you hadn't revealed yourself yet when I voted).
Actually, I meant un-thought-out on my part. At the end there, TGWBS and I were both willing to vote for someone else, but didn't have time to compare and contrast. While I was somewhat suspicious of SpM all along, at that point my vote for him had really just been to save myself.

Now, an analysis:

Lommy
Day One
Post #31: Thinks the Changeling will mostly help us - even as a wolf, may mess up wolves' plans. Points out they might also mess up the gifteds' plans. Doesn't like retractable votes

#33: Says everyone's babbling nonsense. Thinks Cailin's acting lessn reasonable than usual, but that's probably because of the retractable votes. Thinks it will be easy for the wolves to hide on Day One. Thinks it's likely there will be a wolf-on-wolf vote, which will then be retracted.

#40: Agrees with Lhuna that she doesn't like having someone (the Changeling) hold this much power, but says we'll just have to deal with it. Emphasizes the Changeling should play on the good side. Points out Day One isn't useful on Day One, but it will be useful later.

#41: Clarifies statement about retractable votes for Boro. Says she didn't say they weren't useful, but just doesn't like people toying with them.

#71: Corrects SpM characterization of her - says she isn't very anti-Day One, just doesn't enjoy the experience on the Day, but thinks they're useful later on. Agrees with Mithalwen that frivolous voting and changing is suspicious. Agrees with Tom that Boro's vote changing is suspicious; compares it to situation with Form in a previous life.

#73: Suggests we all post our animals, but doesn't think we're likely to find clues from the narrations.

#76: Puts forward the idea that she does put forward ideas ( )... Clarifies that Fin has played in one game before. Asks for comments on her suggestion of revealing our animals. Takes issue with SpM classifying Tom as someone who has maintained a presence, since he'd only made one post.

#82: Says SpM's response to her has satisfied her somewhat.

#90: Votes for Boro, referencing the suspicions she voiced in #71. Says she'll have her eye on SpM as well.

Day Two
#140: Says morm really worries her. Voices suspicion because of his unusual behavior, but goes on to say it would be stupid for a wolf-morm to act like that. Also says Caran looks really bad, but doesn't want to voice too much suspicion until she's read through herself, so she's not swayed by public opinion.

#153: Says that if lmp is right that morm is suffering from werewolf-weariness, it might indicate morm is an ordo, as that affliction mainly affects ordos. Disagrees with SpM, who says she was the main protagonist behind Boro's lynching.

#155: Votes for morm, saying she's not entirely sure she'll be back, but says if she does come back she'll look for other suspects.

#164: Skirmish with morm, who had said she seemed to be grasping at any straw to find suspicion. Points out that the aim of the game is to suspect people. Responds to morm that if she twisted SpM's words the Day before, it was unintentional.

#170: Hesitant to voice suspicions on TGWBS, as she's helped get him lynched before only to find he's innocent (I can sympathize ) Still suspicious of morm. Also suspicious of Caran. Says Fea needs to be watched, and Mith's and lmp's lack of substance makes her uneasy. Also warns to watch out for Fin who may be a wolf trying to hide behind helpfulness.

#194: Responds to Mith, who said if she were a wolf she'd kill Sauce. Says Mith could be double-bluffing, or they could both be wolves. Tells SpM the timing of her vote for Boro was because she had to go to sleep.

#198: Says a wolvish SpM would be scary, but not that scary. Says her vote for morm stands, as she thinks an innocent Caran would be helpful to the village.

My thoughts: Her first post seems quite innocent. The only suspicious thing I see is that she was clearly thinking from the wolves' point of view - if I were a wolf, I'd fear the Changeling; even in situations where they're on the wolves' side, they have the potential to mess up their plans. Her suspicion of morm is understandable, as many of us feel he's been acting suspicious, and he was attacking her with rather weak points.

In short, I don't find Lommy all that suspicious. If she's managing not to look suspicious to me, does that mean she must be a wolf?
Old 06-02-2006, 07:54 PM   #266
Feanor of the Peredhil
La Belle Dame sans Merci

Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Send a message via MSN to Feanor of the Peredhil
My comfort level is high with their innocence:

Caran
Mith
Nogrod

I'm not much worried:

Celuien
Lhuna
Cailín

Grandma, what large ears you have?

Durelin
TGWBS
Lommy
morm
lmp

Who in the world are you? I just don't have any idea:

Tom
Fin

Durelin: Eh. Sorry, but you aren't important enough to warrant my attention.
Lommy: You aren't either.

TGWBS, Morm, LMP: I trust you not.

++LMP

Werewolf fatigue my foot.
Old 06-02-2006, 08:00 PM   #267
Caranlondien
Shade of Carn Dûm

Sorry if I end up double- or triple-posting, but I'm trying to be helpful while I have the time - tomorrow (RL) I'll be travelling, and may not be here for the latter part of the Day.

Concerning Celuien, so far to me, her behavior has been screaming "innocent". In her first post, she didn't even remember there were retractable votes. Either that was a brilliant wolvish ploy, or it was a sign of her innocence. I've been leaning towards the latter. Still, I think she should be watched, as she could be a fiendish wolf. But I would oppose her being lynched toDay.

I still plan to go over TGWBS if I have time, but for now I'll skip him and move on to Cailin. I'm doing this because TGWBS's posts right at the end of yesterDay seemed earnestly rushed. If I were a wolf trying to gain support by saving an innocent, I wouldn't be feeling rushed to get posts in. By no means am I saying this means he is innocent, but I'm trying to put my energy into the most useful areas.

EDIT: cross-posted with Fea
Old 06-02-2006, 08:29 PM   #268
mormegil
Maundering Mage

mormegil is a guest at the Prancing Pony.mormegil is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Let me just say that if I were a wolf nobody would be suspecting me currently. If this sounds concited...fine, so be it. However Caran you miss an important point about Lommy. In her vote for me it seemed mighty strange that in her previous post she implies that I'm innocent, next post which is really close to each other, changes her mind and votes for me with a back door ready for escape and says that she's not sure if she'll be back and yet she's able to post 4 more times. She does a remarkable job at picking the flavor of the day. Boro, SpM and Spawn voiced high suspicion of her and are all dead either by lynching or wolf death.
Old 06-02-2006, 08:40 PM   #269
littlemanpoet
Itinerant Songster

littlemanpoet is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.littlemanpoet is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
I have been to the next village where there is a certain Arts Festival that I refuse to miss. Back now. A quick post follows of various mullings. After posting that, I'll go back and read what you all have said so far toDay.

Alas for the loss of the innocent Spawn. These werewolves know she's dangerous. What did she say? Or were they just being preemptive, I wonder?

I'm quite sorry to have started the bandwagon against an innocent lynchee. That said, we need to take a look at who jumped on the bandwagon. Whether there was a werewolf in the mix needs to be considered. My motivation for voting for SPM was as given: I didn't trust him. It could be argued that his 'family' had it coming and can no longer depend on a good reputation to carry through. Two of his three most recent forbears were a werewolf and a traitor. That has made him infamous, not unlike the position Feanor's family has been in for generations.

Mithalwen's motivation was apparently that she found my reasoning convincing. The last two voters were trying to save Caranlondien from being lynched ... if she's actually the hunter; more on that later. The middle voter ?___________? is perhaps the most suspicious. Motivation:______________________?

Regarding Caranlondien: She may be the Hunter. If so, we have a known innocent that the werewolves must kill with loss to their ranks. They may not dare - yet - in which case we must use her as best we can. But there's a problem. Caran may be a werewolf claiming to be the Hunter. If she is not the real Hunter, the real Hunter has enough sense to stay under cover in order to be most useful, because, following this line of thinking, if Caran's not the Hunter, she's a shockingly bold werewolf, knowing that a wise hunter will stay undercover for a while, thus duping the lot of us to think she's innocent for a bunch of Days. So how do we go about proving or getting Caran to prove that she's the Hunter? Or would it be best to figure that she's probably not that shockingly bold? I tend to think that she probably is the Hunter, but I wanted to bring up the possibility that she's not, just to get us thinking about it.

One more comment about personal style. It could be argued that one of the things that got SPM lynched was what appeared to be the arrogant scorn with which he responded to other players' explanations in defense. His is an analytical mind and it would appear that he has no patience, nor, it would seem, can allow for the possibility that those who use a less analytical approach might have something worth contributing. But he and his ilk have been proven quite clearly wrong. In the most recent incident in a certain seaside village, one of the least analytical villagers was spot-on but was shouted down by the analytical thinkers who arrogated their own style as the only proper one. Had they but listened to this one, who happened to know the people about whom she was speaking much better than her analytical counterparts, the village would have been saved. But they didn't. And they died.

So..... Let's not disregard anybody's contributions on the grounds that there's is not like ours. That's foolish, and any village that does so, deserves to get eaten.

'Nuff said.
littlemanpoet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2006, 08:55 PM   #270
Caranlondien
Shade of Carn Dûm

Cailín
Day One
#8: Jokingly accuses TGWBS

#28: Doesn't think the Changeling will be a threat to the village until later on. Randomly votes for Lhuna.

#69: Points out she is rarely reasonable on Day One. Says the Changeling will only hurt the village in a few hypothetical situations. Makes a few comments about retractable votes. Says she doesn't find Formendacil suspicious.

#70: Says she is not suspicious of Celuien, Spawn, Nogrod, Tom, or Fin.

#81: Says SpM's categorization of the village makes sense, but since the wolves are chosen randomly, and most people seem to be behaving normally, most people just stereotypically belong to the category they're in. Notes that Caran doesn't normally belong in the category she's in.

#100: Gives a run-down of how she's feeling about each member of the village. Says she will probably vote for Caran, Mith, Form, or Nilp.

#102: Votes for Form, noting there is little to go on and she doesn't suspect anyone all that strongly.

Day Two
#141: Says Caran does not strike her as decidedly wolvish. Says Boro's innocence was pretty obvious to her. Defends her switch of vote from Spawn to Form. Inclined to trust SpM. Agrees somewhat with Lommy's points about morm.

#144: Can't find the post TGWBS was referring to (Not sure what she's talking about here). Thinks Caran would be more careful of a wolf.

#161: Wants to know why spawn and morm were suspicious of TGWBS.

#207: Annoyed with Fea's attitude, may vote for her out of sheer annoyance but will try to find a more likely candidate.

#209: Identifies top three lynch candidate. morm she rules out because she refuses to believe a wolf-morm would sink so low. Annoyed with Fea but thinks she's probably an ordo. Doesn't find Caran that suspicious, but votes for her because the village needs to know her identity.

#246: Changes vote to SpM, saving Caran.

My thoughts: She really seems normal to me. I don't know if that's indicative of her being innocent, as she might just be a very skilled wolf. Her original vote for me despite her lack of suspicion of me looks bad, but I can see an innocent doing the same thing in that situation, if she really didn't suspect the other two. So I'm not sure what to think about her.
Old 06-02-2006, 09:20 PM   #271
littlemanpoet
Itinerant Songster

littlemanpoet is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.littlemanpoet is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Feanor of the Peredhil
[b]
Grandma, what large ears you have?

Durelin
TGWBS
Lommy
morm
lmp

TGWBS, Morm, LMP: I trust you not.

++LMP

Werewolf fatigue my foot.
Come come, Feanor. I give you the benefit of the doubt, and this is the best you can do? Pish posh. I hope there's an explanation of this vote and these unsupported accusations somewhere down the line that I haven't read yet, at the very least for entertainment value...
littlemanpoet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2006, 10:00 PM   #272
Caranlondien
Shade of Carn Dûm

Quote:
Originally Posted by morm
In her vote for me it seemed mighty strange that in her previous post she implies that I'm innocent, next post which is really close to each other, changes her mind and votes for me with a back door ready for escape and says that she's not sure if she'll be back and yet she's able to post 4 more times. She does a remarkable job at picking the flavor of the day. Boro, SpM and Spawn voiced high suspicion of her and are all dead either by lynching or wolf death.
This is a valid argument. But the post before she voted for you, she didn't seem to be saying she really thought you were innocent. So it doesn't seem contradictory to me. Still, like I said, you have some points there. Besides which, jokes aside, the very fact that I don't have a negative feeling about her might indicate some extra carefulness on her part. So I'm certainly not letting her off the hook. And going back over your points against her, it is true that she has made some subtle twists of words. But she isn't one of my top suspects toDay. That could change, though... we'll have to see her behavior.

After sitting through two analyses, I'll revert for a bit to my random musings:

Mith has come up as a suspect, and I have some suspicions of her, too (Really, who don't I have some suspicions of?). I of all people won't ignore RL issues, so I want to give her a fair chance. But I'll be taking a closer look.

morm I suspected in a former life, but didn't follow through on my suspicions, and he turned out to be a wolf. So I'm tempted to follow my gut this time. But the truth is, it's impossible to tell with him. Well, not impossible for some people (ahem, one person)...

Fea I keep going back and forth on. One minute she's a cunning wolf, the next she's a cryptic innocent. I just can't read her.

lmp I'm still inclined to trust. For now...

Nogrod I want to trust also. I've been satisfied with him so far... seems like normal.

Now with my luck, lmp and Nogrod will both be wolves.
Old 06-02-2006, 10:07 PM   #273
Caranlondien
Shade of Carn Dûm

Quote:
Originally Posted by lmp
If so, we have a known innocent that the werewolves must kill with loss to their ranks.
I don't want to put words in your mouth, but if you're saying that when I die, a wolf will die, that's not the case. Whomever I choose to hunt will die, whether they are an innocent, a gifted, or a wolf.
Old 06-02-2006, 10:27 PM   #274
Caranlondien
Shade of Carn Dûm

I have to go to sleep, and I'll check back in when I get up in 8 or 9 hours. For now, here's how I'm feeling about the village:

Not a Likely Werewolf
Celuien
Nogrod
lmp
Fin

Need to be watched, but not on my suspect list toDay...yet
Lhuna
TGWBS
Durelin
Lommy
Tom

Suspicious of
Fea
Cailín
Mith
morm

Note that I haven't gone over Tom very closely at all. Lhuna is very nearly on my suspicions list. And Fin and lmp I'm not quite so sure about the innocence of. And (though I doubt anyone would do this anyway) by no means should this be taken as seriously as a certain former wizard's "List of Doom"; I know no more than anyone, and can only be seen as an objective opinion.
Old 06-02-2006, 10:52 PM   #275
mormegil
Maundering Mage

Well this will be an incomplete analysis as I left many of my notes at work but I will do what I can currently. I have some points that have aroused my suspicion about Lommy and will outline some of them here.

Post 71 piqued my interest and aroused my suspicion substantially. It was one of those where I feel like she is intentionally twisting what is being said. She doesn't seem to want to understand what is being said by SpM.

Post 76 here again she seems to twist what SpM said and uses it against him. What SpM said was very benign and yet she seems to go over the handle a bit. SpM addressed this a in post 80. SpM stated fairly well how I feel about this post and we know SpM is innocent and can therefore be trusted in his intent, not necissarily his assesment but we know he didn't have any ulterior motives.

Post 90 gives a weak reason for voting for Boromir and gives herself an out. Just like she did with me in post 155. While I gave the link I will quote one thing too.

Quote:
I'm a bit wary of him plus I'm no admirer of his current playing style.

If I will be back, as I probably will, I will take another look at the village and find some real suspects.
If not this is it for toDay.
She wanting to kill me because of my playing style and gives herself an out too. She says if she comes back she will look for some real suspects yet when she comes back I don't see her do that. She admits I'm not a real suspect but I appear to be an easy target so she goes for me. If I was lynched nobody would think it horribly suspicious to vote for me that early on. Voting somebody on 'playing style' in not very acceptable to me in that we all have our own and valid styles. If I am suspicious and you can find a reason, fine vote for me but not for this petty dribble.

Post 93 Boromir gives a good arguement for her and I like his insight of 'fence riding'. My thought is that she takes 'the path of least resistance' which is a great way for a wolf to blend in. She's vocal and forward yet doesn't every stick her neck out too much. She's calculating in her attacks. I don't trust her at all.
Old 06-02-2006, 11:09 PM   #276
Findëasëa
Haunting Spirit

Findëasëa has just left Hobbiton.
Although there have been a lot of comments about LMP, I do not think there has been an analysis. (I apologize for the length)
Day One:
#17- Just mentioned that he was there and reading
#18- Gives random suspicions of people and comments that nothing noteworthy has been said yet.
#37- Votes for Form, saying “I just don't trust him. Lupine. Wolvish. Sneak.” No further explanation provided.
Day One: LMP did not contribute any ideas on day one. It may have been a busy day for him, but the lack of substance in his posts was obvious. Nothing at all that was potentially damaging was said, but also nothing was said that could make him look better. Overall, this day was a ‘safe’, but noticeable day for LMP.

#132- Comments about various people.
1) He thinks that Spawn may be a werewolf, as he finds the theories on this presented by TGWBS and SPM are worthy of consideration.
2) He does not think the possibility of Lommy’s guilt is worth consideration yet, as he finds the behavior others classify as ‘suspicious’ consistent with how she usually acts.
3) He refers to a post by SPM for reasoning as to why he finds Caran suspicious.
4) He thinks that Durelin should still be considered, as she might be a reckless wolf.
5) He then says that we should keep an eye on SPM, as although he may sound innocent, he may be guilty.
6) He refers back to a post by Celuien (129), saying that she has made points that have him ‘taking notice.’ (This post is an analysis of Caran’s actions). He then votes for Caran.

#137(In response to a post by Fin about how the wolves probably are trying to fly under the radar and are not taking risks.)
1) He notes that he sees Fin’s point and then lists all of the players with their posting frequency from the person with the most, to the one with the least. He does not claim that the number of votes is particularly telling, only that it might point towards who is trying to fly under the radar.
2) He thinks that since Nogrod, Durelin, and Caran are probably innocent as they have drawn undue attention to themselves.
3) He defends the change of his vote, saying that it was spurred by new ideas brought to light.
4) He is still suspicious of Spawn. He cites points brought up by SPM and TGWBS. He hunches from these comments that at least one of the wolves voted for Boro.
5) He changes his vote to Spawn.

#147- Comments that he, possibly along with Morm, is suffering ‘werewolf weariness.’ He explains, saying that he is still interested in the game, but just that the thought process is taking a while to catch up. He then comments that differences in playing style are probably due to retractable votes. He says that it ‘puts a little pressure on those suspected’
#163- He thinks that Spawn overreacted to his retractable vote, and thinks this is even more suspicious.

1) LMP quotes Lommy. (Lommy earlier commented that she is getting more and more worried about LMP’s behavior, which she thinks is ‘a lot more nonsense than usual’.) LMP responds, saying the comment is very vague, and asks for clarification.
2) He then inserts a quote from SPM, which he found a very bold statement. He cites earlier experiences, and argues that SPM is a wolf because of the fact that his actions are consistent with those a wolf SPM would take.
3) He responds to a statement made by SPM about Spawn’s reaction to LMP’s vote for her. (In 163 LMP said that he thought Spawn overreacted, SPM counters, saying that he thought it was a reasonable response, as he felt that LMP did not give enough reasoning for the vote for Spawn.) LMP defends his vote, saying that he did give reasons.
4) He then quotes some Tom’s comments regarding Morm’s playing style. LMP defends the actions of Morm in question by explaining that they are typical of Morm, and that he was trying to find wolves. He says that it would be a waste for someone (in this case Tom) to waste a lynch vote because they were not aware of what was going on.
5) He goes on to put in a quote from Fea “I'm very intentionally playing the role of a quiet villager. Or at least trying to do so. Let me do it in peace and I might be able to help you.” LMP notes that “This seems for real to me.” I interpreted this to mean that he thought that Fea a genuine innocent. He sees SPM’s response to this comment as aggressive. He finds that this is further evidence that SPM is guilty. He believes that a wolfish SPM is the kind to “pick a few likely villagers who he is rather sure he can turn into scapegoats, and ride them for all they're worth, making sure not to allow them to get lynched and proven innocent until it's well along in the game and they have served their purpose.”
6) He changes his vote from Spawn to SPM (At this time there were no votes for SPM).

#219-He quotes Mith, (Mith- This strategy makes you so vulnerable if it backfires that I will chance trusting you). He comments that he hopes her trust of his plan is not in vain for both of their sakes.

Day 2 Analysis:
There is a huge difference in the nature of the posts from day one to day two. He is extremely more verbose. Due to the volume of comments that LMP made, I will also separate my comments based on posts.

(#132) What I find unsettling about his first batch of comments about people is the fact that he refers back directly to other people’s theories three times without giving his own interpretation. This seems like a way for him to diminish accountability and to test the water to see if anyone will bite. He does give some ideas of his own, but they are broad. By the end of the day, he votes for all of the people he mentions in this list as suspicious (Caran, Spawn, and SPM). On the one hand, this looks bad, he could have set up these so as to justify votes later, and make them not look like they appeared at random. On the other hand, two of these people are proven innocent now, and the other is quite probably innocent. Would the wolves draw attention to one of their number in this way?

(#137)LMP’s next post was the one in which he changed his vote to Spawn. For the second time, he cites directly points brought up by other people. This might just be his style, but it worries me. The fact that the votes are retractable should bear on this issue though, so I am not sure how heavily it should weigh when considering guilt.

(#147)- His explanations regarding both state of mind and playing style seem odd to me, but I think that he has a valid point about the retractable voting changing people’s style.

(#213) I am really not sure about how to interpret this post. It did aid in the downfall of SPM, but would not have been sucessful if Caran had not revealed he would not have died. He loudly declares his belief that SPM is guilty. He bases his arguments in experience at first. His arguments seem valid. The only thing that seems strange to me is the sureness that he puts this statement forth. I am not sure that this would be a wolfish approach, as he stood up to take on at full strength the accountability of this accusation. This is at odds with his earlier approach, which seemed to lessen accountability. It would be quite a bold move to make.
A lot of his earlier posts seemed quite suspicious to me, but something about the manner that he approached his argument against SPM appears innocent to me. I am still suspicious of him, but much less so than before. I will wait to hear more from him today.
Findëasëa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2006, 02:41 AM   #277
Cailín
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

I see I finally gathered some suspicion for being in the right place at the right time. I am extremely sorry innocent Saucy got lynched, but I was suspicious of him yesterDay and when it was a choice between known innocent Caran (for I believed her instantly) and unknown Saucy, it wasn’t hard to make. I didn’t have time to jump in and make everyone switch votes, so I did what I had to do.

Indeed, Morm, you are a skeptic. I'm just genuinely heroic.

I am currently suspicious of the following people:

LMP
Tom
Mith
Fin
Durelin

in no particular order. I am rather unsuspicious of Mormegil, Nogrod, Caran and TGWBS due to events yesterDay. The rest are floating sort of in between and could go either way toDay.

Now I wish to reread & analyse Spawn’s posts. She was definitely under some suspicion yesterDay. She must have gotten something right to be a wolf target at this point.
Old 06-03-2006, 04:07 AM   #278
Cailín
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Theories

Well, Dancing Spawn’s posts reveal little enough. Her main suspects were Mith and TGWBS, and if the wolves thought her to be a Seer, I think it would primarily look bad for the former.

Who have we got left?

Cailín - tragedienne
Fea - confectionist
Celuien - ketchup grower
TGWBS - Pokémaster
Lommy - AA-adviser
lmp - gravedigger
Tom - tree surgeon
Caran - town poet
Mith - aura consultant
morm - butcher
Durelin – ninja

Among these people are four gifteds still (if you include the Changeling) and three wolves. Basically, if we would lynch a random person, chances would be higher it’s a Gifted than a wolf currently. We must avoid this. Here is me thinking aloud or
a remarkable and unique insight into the brains of world famous tragedienne Cailín:

# 1
Lhuna is one of the wolves

Not completely impossible. Lhuna is behaving much more level-headed than usual. She gave us a lot of tentative suspicions yesterDay, also shifting focus back to Fea. Now if Lhuna is a wolf, she is rather safe from the lynching mob. We usually cut her some slack due to her terrible timezone disease. As long as she does nothing terribly horrendous, we let it slide. Well, she has done nothing terrible: her votes and suspicions are still on the safe side. She believed in the innocence of Caran and Spawn from the start… if Lhuna is a wolf, she’s playing her cards right. Because of previous experiences with her, I don’t think she is (this is meant more nicely than it seems, really!).

# 2

Durelin and Tom are wolves.

Durelin starts the first Day by voting randomly for Saucepan Man. As something told me this was traditional and as more people had cast random votes before that, I found the amount of attention this vote got rather baffling. Then she changes her vote to Tom, at a point where it is unlikely he will get any more votes. Now that seems like a safe wolf on wolf vote.
Tom only posted once that Day, voting for Boromir with some reasoning. Not decidedly wolvish, but not un-wolvish either.

The Day after, Durelin immediately gets the possible bold wolf stamp. Still, rather surprising, as her random vote for SpM did not seem so bold to me. I think –personally- she had not anticipated the strong reactions to her randomness.

Quote:
There was no need for the Wolves to take any risks yesterday.
Saucy’s words. They may be true, but I don’t know. Anyway, Durelin proceeds to express some mild suspicion of Saucy (actually more of a theory concerning Saucy looking good after the one he defended turned out innocent). She then in a rather long post votes for Saucy, expecting not to join a bandwagon, but unknowingly she did. Reading back I’m starting to find Durelin less suspicious, but she is not off my suspect list yet. That’s twice she meant to cast a safe vote. She changed her style from random and quirky to reasonable and helpful in one day. She also came across as quite insecure all the time. This may be the sign of an innocent poking left and right, it could also be the sign of a wolf not sure what to do with herself.

Now Tom posts quite a lot Day 2, including some reasons to kill Formendacil (an innocent helping out or a wolf revealing as much as he can without revealing too much? Sometimes the best strategy for a wolf is to be as honest as possible). At first, he expresses no to little suspicion of Caran. Then he admits to being slightly swayed by the amount of suspicion she’s getting, especially because of Morm’s analysis. But then, he is also suspicious of morm himself, with the style change theory and all.

He then provides us with a long analysis of Saucy’s behaviour. This clears SpM for him, though he reminds us to keep watchful if Saucy is indeed trying to take control.

He continues with more suspicion of Mormegil. Then he abandons that theory again, trusting Saucy’s judgment, and will probably be voting for Caran or Spawn.

Only he does not. He votes for Mormegil as the quiet wolf. Well, this seems to me an extremely flip floppy Day and even though he first states we need be mindful to not let Saucy take over, he is following him. It could be a great strategy for a wolf: get into the good books of someone as Saucy –knowing that he were innocent- without voting for the major lynching candidate Caranlondien, who is also innocent. Though he has been helpful, I will be keeping a close eye on him. This is mostly because I think Mormegil is innocent (he has fooled me before, mind you) so not sure whether it holds for the rest of you.

# 3

Littlemanpoet is a wolf.

And he could with right be called a bold one. Poor man is suffering from werewolf weariness (that some kind of disease that comes from being fanged for extended periods of time?). Anyway, the first Day his contributions can be mostly disregarded. He does vote for Formendacil, who is to be Night two’s kill, which may be interpreted as a double bluff. That’s not above or beneath Elempi, of course.

Day 2 he votes for Caranlondien and Spawn (both innocent) in rapid succession. Now Spawn did find this rather suspicious and I tend to agree. I also say it’s reckless. Post #163 he still stands firmly by his vote for Spawn, but then follows #213, giving birth to a rather astonishing bandwagon against SpM. Now I must say that –as is evident in my voting post for Caran yesterDay- I was starting to get the same concerns about SpM being possibly wolvish and Elempi’s post did strike me as well… not insensible.

If Elempi is wolvish, he is, as I said, extremely bold. Now considering werewolf weariness, this seems actually quite logical. If you are weary, tis quite fun to create a few risks for yourself, or try something new. On the other hand, I am just not sure whether Elempi would really be that flip floppy aggressive.

Also, if Elempi is a wolf, Mith is definitely not one. The other way around the same.

Final theory # 4

Mithalwen is a wolf.

Now I quite strongly get the feeling Mith may be a wolf, though Mormegil says to trust his judgement in that she is innocent.

Let’s see for ourselves, shall we?

Now Mith has real life issues going on, so it makes sense her contribution is a little lower and more erratic than expected. However, it’s not about quantity or quality really, it’s about what she does. Day One the only things worth mentioning seem: she defends SpM quite strongly, believing his voters to be quite suspicious. She votes semi-randomly for Fea, because she cannot read her.
Day 2 she comments more on Fea, mostly finding her innocent because of the decided lack of breath-taking stunts going on. (Now I don’t think Fea is being careful at all, but she’s currently not the topic of discussion).

Mith here points out that Sauce would be dead if she were a wolf. Knowing Mith, I may be inclined to believe this statement.

She finds Tom and Lommy slightly suspicious and Durelin and Caranlondien much more so. She votes for the latter. However, after Elempi’s post, she makes quite a remarkable U-turn and changes her vote to SpM, who previously was rather on the innocent end of her observations. What alarms me even more is that she claims that if LMP is wrong, it will backfire on him, not her. Hmm… Mith seems like herself in one way, but I am not about to underestimate her. I know she’s cleverer than she acts a great deal of the time. She’s not off the list.

--

I am running out of time…

Fea I am completely clueless about. Completely.

Celuien… hm… I don’t know. She’s quieter. In fact, I think she may be suffering from WW fatique as well.

Lommy seems rather innocent looking overall.

I do not trust Fin, but find her not the most suspicious either. I have not analysed her yet, though.

Well, I'll be back later. Don't kill anyone in my absence.
Old 06-03-2006, 04:29 AM   #279
Celuien
Riveting Ribbiter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cailin
Celuien… hm… I don’t know. She’s quieter. In fact, I think she may be suffering from WW fatique as well.
RL fatigue, actually, since you mentioned it. Hours currently about (plus or minus a half hour) 8-5:30. Almost non-stop. Lunch is a lecture. Makes it sort of hard to get here during the workday. For perspective, the deadline is at 6 my time.

Back in a few hours.
Old 06-03-2006, 05:12 AM   #280
Mithalwen
Pilgrim Soul

Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Explanation

Well I give up on anyone ever believing me since Mith is widely regarded as being somewhere between flaky and barking mad and whatever I do is usually regarded as suspicious wheter it be stats, or hunches, but he simple fact is, that as an innocent, I don't have a clue what is going on... and my cluelessness increases rather than the reverse which is disappointing.

I, perhaps, stupidly did a last flip back before logging off after voting last night. Also stupidly considering my own experience as a mod, I didn't expect such a last minute flurry of activity. My vote for Caran was justifiable .. she admits she had tried ot look suspicious but I wasn't entirely happy with it. But it was late, I wanted to get home. So it would have to do. Then I flip back and LMP reminds me of a certain episode in recent history. It occurs that I have been good at spotting SpM as a cobbler .. when he doesn't know the score .... and that if he did know who was who because he was a wolf he might seem more innocent.

So LMP comes along, speaks with such certainty that I decide on a whim to go along. Caranlondien's fate seemed assured already so I thought it would be interesting to see how SPM reacted to a bit of suspicion ...possibly more helpful than a more or less unanimous vote for Caranlondien.

I didn't really expect the lynching to change and it hadn't occured that Caran was the hunter. It is probably better we have lost an ordo though an "outed" Hunter has little more power than an ordo since the woves won't touch em.

Christopher Tolkien, Requiescat in pace
Mithalwen is offline   Reply With Quote