The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Fun and Games > Middle-earth Mirth
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-30-2006, 11:58 AM   #81
Cailín
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Cailín has just left Hobbiton.
Quote:
As far as I know, Kath prefers turtles to tortoises.
How silly! Why would she? You're right, Lommy, my mistake.

Sauce - your categorisation makes sense, though the wolves are picked randomly and most of the people have been behaving quite as usual. They stereotypically belong to one of those boxes, if you understand...

Interestingly enough, there is one person who seems to be out of her appropriate Day 1 box, and that would be Caran. I understand your motivation for placing her there and shall be observing her closely.

As for the Boro issue: I typically get slightly annoyed when someone proclaims to have a very special plan and then I don't get it, but I always viewed that as my problem. In other words, I think he's rather innocent-looking.

Why should I reveal my animal? It's a deep, heart-breaking and tragic secret! Also, it's supposed to be a surprise. And really - we won't find clues in Kath's narrative.

cross-posted with Sauce, Lommy & Caran.
Cailín is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2006, 12:06 PM   #82
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Saucepan Man
Are you purposely trying to interpret everything I say against me? Tom has said a darn sight more than morm and lmp, even if it was only one post.

My categories were based on my impressions of each villager, rather than the number of posts. His one post notwithstanding, Tom came across to me as someone who was trying to make his preence felt, but saying little of use. So I put him in category 2.

He isn't, however, high in my suspicions as, given that he is new to the game, I am prepared to cut him some slack for a day or two.
Well, that explained it a bit. Anyway, I didn't find him being very present, so it stroke me as odd that you listed him there though he had posted only once.

I don't disagree with you that he said much in one post, but that doesn't make him "present", if you understand my logic.

And no, Sauce, I'm not trying to turn everything you say against you. You just act weirdly in my opinion and I report it. Is that bad?
Thinlómien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2006, 12:09 PM   #83
the guy who be short
Shadowed Prince

the guy who be short has just left Hobbiton.
To be wholly irrelevant...

...because I have little to add to the small-talk (no-talk?) everybody is engaged in at the moment, I believe the tale of the tortoise and the eagle was propounded by Aesop as a fable. Google does not tell me how Aristotle died.

Anyway, I'll be good, or somebody is bound to accuse me of "distracting."

Retractable votes: Don't care. Probably won't use them much. Means less thought needs to be put into votes, demeaning the entire process. I can't see that innocents who are thoughtful and serious about voting in the first place will need them much; however, there are one or two advantages to them which I am too lazy to use myself, as they are quite labour intensive. Wolves will, of course, use them with ease. Spotting wolves will be far harder here due to retractable votes.

New role whose name I can't remember: Apathetic. One thing I'm confused about is whether, after being a wolf, it spends the next Day on the wolf side or the innocent side. If the latter, it will always be on the villagers' side during Daytime, and statistically, it will be on the village side the majority of the time. Therefore, I welcome it amongst us.

In conclusion, I wish my Togepi would evolve.
the guy who be short is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2006, 12:18 PM   #84
Findëasëa
Haunting Spirit

Findëasëa has just left Hobbiton.
Quote:
One thing I'm confused about is whether, after being a wolf, it spends the next Day on the wolf side or the innocent side. If the latter, it will always be on the villagers' side during Daytime, and statistically, it will be on the village side the majority of the time. Therefore, I welcome it amongst us.
My understanding is that the changeling only takes the adopted role during the night.
Findëasëa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2006, 12:19 PM   #85
Mithalwen
Pilgrim Soul

Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Three pages of notes and nothing very concrete. Except that unless my precognition is seriously on the blink I feel Sauce is genuinely on the side of the angels this time - the charm offensive is slightly unnerving but I am assuming that is his bit of "in character".

Otherwise he is being his usual scheming self, looking for loopholes in the regulations, playing about with anagrams, and using the retractable vote in an attempt to flush out Fea. Since Fea is possibly the most brazen player it is a very natural course of action.

Fea I find impossible to read - I may have to vote for her just to find out and minimise the time she has to mess with my head.

Boromir88 - I wonder about his reference then vote for Spawn. Hmmm I suspect he is not ordinary put it that way.... I expect he will post more before I have ot decide. I would hesitate to lynch him without good evidence because if he is innocent we don't want to lose him....

Fin, not ringing bells, seems likely to be fighting Nogrod for the job of vote monitor. A useful person so far....

Caran makes an early vote for a random reason - can all these early votes be earnest villages acting as "beaters" to see what will fly towards the guns? I don't really know Caran so don't know whether this is normal style or maybe the "fly-by-night" wolf ... I will hope to have a bit more to work on before decisions must be made but certainly more suspicious than most.

Tom seems to be a trying to help newcomer...nothing more so far... don't necessarily agree wiht him but don't particularly suspect either

Need to have a closer look at the others - especially Cailin, TGWBS and LMP whom are the subjects of my most indecipherable notes.

All I will add til then is that I might be tempted to lynch Formendacil if he whinges much more ~*momentarily turning into my mother*

Lots of us find Day 1 annoying but we just have to get on with it!

Christopher Tolkien, Requiescat in pace
Mithalwen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2006, 12:21 PM   #86
mormegil
Maundering Mage

mormegil is a guest at the Prancing Pony.mormegil is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
I'm trying to catch up. I"ve got a lot to do at work today.

But

++TGWBS

Man it feels good to have you back! You can be a Kath replacement .
Old 05-30-2006, 12:36 PM   #87
Caranlondien
Shade of Carn Dûm

Caranlondien has just left Hobbiton.
Hmm, I thought I was being helpful... Ah, well. A short vent: What I dislike about Day 1 is that it's difficult to get used to the new mix of personalities... I always feel so lost!

Now, then. Onto business. I've been re-reading and looking for a wolf, and so far I just can't find one. I'm never very confident in my choices, probably because I don't like being wrong... but I'm sticking with my vote for SpM. The others I listed before who I feel are already managing to fly under the radar, well, I just don't feel like they've posted enough for it to be fair to vote for them on Day 1. (People hate when I do this, but...) Sorry, SpM, I guess that sort of sounds like I'm voting for you because you're loud. You'd just make too cunning of a wolf

This has already been called a bandwagon (3 votes?). Let's see, when I voted for SpM, he'd gotten 2 votes, one of which had been retracted. So I bumped him back up to 2, then Durelin gave the third vote (with no explanation whatsoever ) So I don't really see it as a bandwagon. And anyway, all I can do is vote based on my honest suspicions.

EDIT: Cross-posted with Mithalwen and... erm, can't remember, anyway, I'm cross-posted with the last 2 posts...
Caranlondien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2006, 12:43 PM   #88
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Location: Wearing rat's coat, crowskin, crossed staves in a field behaving as the wind behaves
Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via MSN to Nogrod
Just gave myself a leave from the exams and peered in to see what’s happening (you know, WW can be quite tempting a choice – at least if the other one is working).

I can’t understand the Spm-bandwaggon. I hope it will dissolve as the night approaches. Nilp’s and Durelin’s votes were just taken out of a hat and Caran has kind of backed down with hers.

I wouldn’t either vote today for Spawn, Celuien or Cailín as they have all been reasonable and will be good assets to us if innocent. So I wouldn’t like to see them go because of some Day1 guessing. And anyway, they speak sense and very much sit right with me now. (Couldn’t resist using Morm’s slogan turned around)

About the people I wouldn’t like to see lynched today, but of whom I’m a bit worried, I could enlist Lmp, Morm and Boromir. Two first because of the non-posting and Boro because of his odd behavior (I’ve only played with him once, but there is something wrong there – might be just playfulness and carelesness, but how do you know?). I hope both Lmp and Morm turn out and wash away my bad feeling about them so far. I’ll have to think about Boro later as I have gotten my exams out of my hands.

Durelin and Nilp seem strange.
- I do not know Durelin from my previous games, but the vote-post was just baffling. It could be counted in the “nonsense-vote” –category, to which I think the same applies as to the random votes: safe afterwards, no tracks left behind. The one a wolf would love to make (at least one of them).
- Nilp didn’t vote for himself, but got all that chess-allegory –stuff to muddy the vote and the “lynch the major players” –thing, which I oppose. Those who really invest in the game and bring forward some effort should not be lynched on Day1 guessing bases. With some real suspicions, yes of course, and surely later when we start to gather evidence we should lynch any "committed wolves" immediately.

I’ll try to see to the rest of the group later – and possibly edit these as things unfold.

EDIT: X-posted with Mith, Morm & Caran.
So Morm is back, I still would like to see some sense from him, because I know he can do it. (And I understand there is lots to read) And Caran is not backing down her vote on Spm.
Nogrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2006, 12:49 PM   #89
Caranlondien
Shade of Carn Dûm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mithalwen
Caran makes an early vote for a random reason - can all these early votes be earnest villages acting as "beaters" to see what will fly towards the guns? I don't really know Caran so don't know whether this is normal style or maybe the "fly-by-night" wolf ... I will hope to have a bit more to work on before decisions must be made but certainly more suspicious than most.
To be fair, I've never played with retractable votes before (to be honest, I've never even read through a game with retractable votes) so I don't really have a feel for how one typically uses them. And I'm a flip-floppy person by nature. Giving me the option to change my vote is bad! I'm already second-guessing my decision to stick with my vote for SpM... To echo one of my ancient ancestors, "What a nerve-wracking business this is!"
Old 05-30-2006, 12:57 PM   #90
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.
A maternal authority is forcing me to leave.

++Boromir

He's the person I'm most suspicious of (which doesn't mean much). My reasoning is on post #71.

I will have my eye on Saucie as well.

Good RL night! (Or day, or whatever you have in your freaky timezones...)
Thinlómien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2006, 12:57 PM   #91
the guy who be short
Shadowed Prince

Morm? I can be a Kath replacement? So I get to be Ranger? Cool.

Your Mankey is no match for my Squirtle, so I'm not too worried. Care to explain the reasoning behind your vote anyway?
Old 05-30-2006, 01:10 PM   #92
Mithalwen
Pilgrim Soul

Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
I have to say a first day vote for SpM is odd.

He rings true to me at the moment (of course he could be playing a blinder) and I don't expect anyone else to trust my instinct since even I don't always find them reliable. However even if he had not posted a word the simple fact is, if he is innocent he is a likely early target for the wolves - and he knows it... similarly he is a likely early pick for the seer. He is unlikely to remain an unknown quantity for long. Unless Kath is following in D18's footsteps and not telling eek - I can't see anything in the destructions.

While ending his dissolute lifestyle and redistributing his wealth might find favour in some quarters, he is extremely clever - If he is innocent we may as well make the most of his brain. If he is guilty - well he is a "talker" ..the more people talk the more they may give away.

All this seems so obvious that I have to suspect those who have voting for SpM.

Of course if he does turn out to be a wolf .. well that is my neck well and truly stuck out...

Old 05-30-2006, 01:27 PM   #93
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via AIM to Boromir88 Send a message via MSN to Boromir88
White Tree

To Tom, Spawn, and those others who have commented on my not revealing how retractable vote helps me. Review the post as I explained it. I don't want wolves knowing my mind, then they would be able to use that against you. Because to know what your enemy is thinking or planning will only lead to your own downfall.

Also Tom, I really wasn't stressing my innocence. If I was stressing it I would have said "Since I'm INNOCENT!" that's stressing to me.

With all my retracting, I'm most likely going to stick with Thinlomien (unless we have a big drastic change) and here's why...

Thinlomien seems to be doing a lot of fence-riding and not taking a position on a lot of issues. It makes it seem as if she is trying appease everyone.

1)
Quote:
I didn't say retractables are not a benefit to the village, because they are, in some situations. I just don't like people toying with them.~Post 41
Now of course you didn't say they were not a benefit. But you did say they cause confusion and that wolves would benefit giving them "perfect cover." I don't know how it gives them cover? Sure as heck hasn't given me cover today.
Quote:
The last time I complained about frolicing with retractables Form changed his vote to me, just like Boromir here, and if I recall correctly, he was a wolf. Form, if you remeber I'd be gald to be sure. There's also the possibility that it was in Valier's game, and then Form wasn't a wolf... Anyway, I see no reason for an innocent to act like that.~Post 71
So, now you're trying to pin that since Form was a wolf with the last retractable vote, I have to be a wolf too? Sounds kind of specious and flimsy.

2) Sauce has remarked on Form and Lommy's "anti-day 1's" Now Form always hates Day 1's...I never understand why...they're the most interesting day for me. But Lommy follows suit and what's interesting is after saying:
Quote:
Day One is pretty useless on Day One~Post 40
Then when Sauce comments on it Lommy responds:
Quote:
So I'm not completely anti-Day1, you see. I just dislike them on Day1s.~Post 71
Not completely against Day 1? So this means you're what 60-40%? 78.2-21.8%?

Lommy seems like you've done a job to try to pin me that since I retract I have to be a wolf (remarking about prior games of course). And riding the fence, not taking a stance...playing it safe.

The Sauce Wagon's got me a bit puzzled too. Honestly I can't understand it. Especially Durelin's vote.
Quote:
This has already been called a bandwagon (3 votes?). Let's see, when I voted for SpM, he'd gotten 2 votes, one of which had been retracted. So I bumped him back up to 2, then Durelin gave the third vote (with no explanation whatsoever ) So I don't really see it as a bandwagon. And anyway, all I can do is vote based on my honest suspicions.~Caranlondien
I'd call it a bandwagon, suddenly Sauce has 3 quick votes. And really very little reasoning. Now it is Day 1 and there's not a bunch to go on. But there's always something that catches my attention at least. And random voting (meaning just drawing a name from a hat) on Day 1 I can't see anything good that comes out of it. In fact I'm in the thinking that random voting is actually a wolvish move.

1st off- They know their partners, so they know who not to pick.

2ndly- It's no help to the village if someone just votes randomly. Because it gives an excuse of if you just happen to lynch an innocent its the..."Oh I'm sorry, I just pulled a name out of a hat. There was really nothing I was suspicious of, so I just voted for someone randomly."

I despise random votes as much as Form despises day 1's.
Old 05-30-2006, 01:47 PM   #94
Durelin
Estelo dagnir, Melo ring

Durelin is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Durelin is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
If one would, for a moment, consider one of my many past lives (on my tenth, yessir...), my reasoning behind voting for the one and only SPM is actually completely understandable in its absurdity.

Durelin stops reading "Make-Out Paradise" for a moment, and looks up.

And I stand by one thought, and one thought alone. You exploit the ninja when you simply use it for lone shadowy entrances, lone kunai throwing, and lone mysterious note writing. A ninja must be part of a team.

And in discordance with my belief, this Man stands in the way of the teamwork mindset I'm looking for.

Plus...a threesome-vote is like teamwork...right?

Well, in a way.

I'd just like to point out, because we're doing a lot of pointing here (of course), that I'm certainly not the only one to vote without explanation. The Man in question being among those who have done so. And this whole retracting votes thing is getting on my nerves. Rules may be rules, but a man who does not stand by what he says is weak kneed, and prone to getting kicked onto his arse. Adding to the confusion is something that a Wolf would do (or the former Cobbler...). Unless adding to the confusion is a way of rattling the dogs' cages until they start barking. Very possible...

I fear I may be missing the mark completely.

Perhaps I will take back my vote and shroud it again in mist. But then I assume I would be accused of vote-retracting-bandwagon-ing. Bandwagon-ing and teamwork are very different, you know...just so you know...

I'm actually getting more suspicious of the Boro-man that keeps retracting his votes. He's decidedly disrupting the teamwork karma.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boro
And random voting (meaning just drawing a name from a hat) on Day 1 I can't see anything good that comes out of it.
What would you suggest instead, worthy opponent? I ask you this especially due to your rather brash voting that one might classify as random, which has led you to retract your vote and revote on several occasions.
Durelin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2006, 02:14 PM   #95
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.
White Tree

Quote:
I'm actually getting more suspicious of the Boro-man that keeps retracting his votes. He's decidedly disrupting the teamwork karma.~Durelin
Why should I work along with a team that I disagree with? I don't know who's on my team and who isn't. If I disagree with the reasoning why should I pretend to like it? I'm presenting my own points, whether you agree with them or not is up to you. I encourage everyone to have a brain for themselves and not be mindless robots, that just go along with everything.
Quote:
What would you suggest instead, worthy opponent? I ask you this especially due to your rather brash voting that one might classify as random, which has led you to retract your vote and revote on several occasions.~Durelin
I'd change that to "few" occasions, several implies 5-7, few is 2-3. My retracted votes could be called random, but they serve me a purpose. I retracted them because they were, exactly that, random. But my final vote is never random. When I was talking about random voting I was specifically referring to finalized, cemented in, done deal votes that people just chose randomly. Eventhough if I did not make that clear before.
Old 05-30-2006, 02:23 PM   #96
dancing spawn of ungoliant
Mischievous Candle

Location: So near to Russia, so far from Japan, quite a long way from Cairo, lots of miles from Vietnam.
dancing spawn of ungoliant has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via MSN to dancing spawn of ungoliant
Okay.

Interesting skirmish between Sauce and Lommy there. I'm not really suspicious of either of them although in my opinion Sauce has been more rash than usual. It looks like that the little debate with him and Lommy was mostly a misunderstanding, but I remember hearing about one of Sauce's ancestors who made a brilliant performance as a clueless villager. This could be a similar act, but not enough for getting a vote from me toDay. Sometimes it just pays off to vote for some "big-name" villager even on Day 1, but I wouldn't certainly do it without as good reasons as possible. If we want to find the wolves, we need to vote for the villager we find the most suspicious regardless of their status, but voting them more or less randomly doesn't help at all.

TGWBS is confusing me with all those Pidgeys and stuff. I've never been a fan of Pokemon, maybe that's my problem, but to me it looks like that he's made his presence clear only with talking about those creatures. When I read his posts they have little substance in them. I believe we have another Day 1 hater here...

His random abacus told him to vote for Cailín and he is confident about his choice. He says that Sauce is being inconsistent, but wonders if he should have used smilies. His comments about other affairs of the village (votes & roles) are "don't care" and "apathetic" with a few lines of speculation.
When morm voted for him, he wanted to know morm's reason. Would it have helped if he had said that he has an abacus, too..?

Oh, and Boro, me writing about your decision not to reveal your tactic was a part of a small summary of your doings. I haven't said my own opinion about that yet. That aside, I'm not comfortable with you somewhat twisting Lommy's words. When you quoted Lommy's post #40, you conviniently left out the last part of the phrase which would have made more sense. I don't know whether Lommy is innocent or not, but in any case quoting someone in a way that on purpose makes them look worse than they are isn't fair.

On a lighter note, "But you [Lommy] did say they [retractable votes] cause confusion and that wolves would benefit giving them "perfect cover." I don't know how it gives them cover? Sure as heck hasn't given me cover today." ~Boro

Ooh, are you confessing? (Or am I too tired... )
Old 05-30-2006, 02:43 PM   #97
Mithalwen
Pilgrim Soul

Semi random vote to follow...

Fea ... what more can I say? Uneasy, but is that prejudice?

LMP ..so quiet ..is that really just timezones..

Caranlondien ...not yet really reassured...

Boromir...not really reassuring either.....

Have to go.... completely unsure but have to vote .....so go with

++Feanor of the Peredhil

Old 05-30-2006, 02:45 PM   #98
Caranlondien
Shade of Carn Dûm

Well, for standing by my vote for the person I find most suspicious, apparently I myself am suspicious. And I expect that now if I change my vote, it'll be seen as suspicious. It's been pointed out in a certain previous game (in which I was innocent) that I'm a crowd-pleaser. I tend to be swayed easily by people's arguments. Besides which, I'm trying to do all this reasoning on my laptop using the hotel's weak little wireless signal which keeps cutting out...

Anyway, since I'm back in the hotel earlier than I expected, I have some more time to review. And, yes, I'll go to the main thread and confirm all this hotel/faulty wireless system stuff.

I really don't get all the fuss about this. It's 3 votes... Most games I've played in have had massive bandwagons on Day 1, with mainly innocents doing the bandwagon-ing. If you don't like my vote, argue against it, by all means. But I don't think a Day 1 bandwagon is as suspicious as many villagers seem to be making out. I'm not saying it's a good thing for the village, and since I've been iffy about my vote for SpM to begin with, I'll probably change it. But sometimes a couple of innocent people just happen to suspect the same person.
Old 05-30-2006, 02:47 PM   #99
Durelin
Estelo dagnir, Melo ring

Durelin is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Durelin is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boro-man
Why should I work along with a team that I disagree with?
Because if no one did, we would all be alone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by (again) Boro-man
I retracted them because they were, exactly that, random. But my final vote is never random. When I was talking about random voting I was specifically referring to finalized, cemented in, done deal votes that people just chose randomly.
I suppose my vote isn't necessarily final then, is it?

Random? Yes.

Final? Not so yes.

Old 05-30-2006, 03:14 PM   #100
Cailín
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

What I despise about Day 1s is that I always wish to trust everyone. It's very difficult to determine guilt toDay and there hasn't really been anyone enormously suspicious or controversial.

Caranlondien - there was something different about her, then it disappeared and now she's being defensive. I'm not quite sure what to make of her.

Mithalwen - well, her vote for Fea is understandable from a certain perspective, but I don't think it's entirely fair.

Formendacil - I know it is characteristic of him to act like this on Day 1, but I think he has been more silent and sullen than usual, even.

Nilpaurion Felagund - I mistrust him a little, which has little to do with reasoning (or chess or Pokemon).

LMP & Mormegil have not yet contributed as much as I would expect, but I'm willing to 'let that slide'. That means I'll shall be waiting to hear some extensive theories on why Sauce (or insert another random name) is guilty tomorrow.

Lommy has already managed to gather some suspicion. I don't really see anything horribly different about her.

Nogrod is usually quite transparent and seems as innocent as they come.

Spawn and Fin are reasonable, so is Celuien. We need some of those people around. If they are wolvish, that would be err.. troublesome.

Sauce has resumed his clueless villager act. And has also said some pretty worthwhile things. I won't like to see him die just yet.

TGWBS has not been extremely helpful (and he voted for me, effectively breaking my record of not being voted for for three games in a row - which is extremely nasty ) but that's usually how he acts on Day 1 especially when he has a limited amount of time. Fea somehow fits into the same category.

Boromir seems innocent and his retractable voting thing nothing more than a way to get some serious responses. Which is good, we need the discussion.

Durelin has been rather random and quirky, but that just seems to be her style.

Tom is new to the game. I would not see him go on Day 1.

I voted initially for Lhuna, because that's what the script told me to do, but we need a mind of our own, don't we? She's not on my suspect list (which is actually a rather 'big' word for my hunches).

I will vote within 15 minutes for one of the first four people on this list, I'm afraid. Unless someone jumps up and starts confessing.
Old 05-30-2006, 03:29 PM   #101
Caranlondien
Shade of Carn Dûm

::Sigh::

Hmm... Okay, I'm suspicious of everyone. I admit that lynching SpM would be hasty, as an innocent Sauce is an asset to the village. Really, I let my vote stand because no one else seemed to want to lynch him, so I thought he'd probably be safe, and I'm just really pressed for time toDay. Earlier I voiced suspicions of villagers like morm and spawn, who are good at flying under the radar, but I don't have enough of a bad feeling there to vote for any of them, as they fall under the same category as SpM: helpful if innocent.

I don't remember if anyone else has voted this way yet (which makes it all the better, because then I know I'm voting for my own reasons...):

--The Saucepan Man
++Durelin

for random postings without much of substance.

This time I really won't be able to come back before the deadline. I'm sorry I haven't been able to put much thought into this toDay, but things will be back to normal for me by toMorrow.
Old 05-30-2006, 03:36 PM   #102
Cailín
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

All right, my decision has been made.

I don't want to vote for Nilp, as the case I have him has absolutely no substance. I also don't want to vote for Mithalwen, who seems genuine aside from her possibly strange vote. I want to give Caranlondien another chance and she will not be online anymore.

So...

--Lhunardawen

++Formendacil

And that is mainly because there are few enough people who are giving me evil vibes right now (which means Caran and I are opposites in this). I know I said that this is how he usually acts on Day 1, but he has this time offered nothing of substance whatsoever and I had hoped he'd make an effort later on.

I hope we all choose wisely. Good night!
Old 05-30-2006, 03:37 PM   #103
Formendacil
Dead Serious

Formendacil is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Formendacil is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Formendacil is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Formendacil is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Send a message via AIM to Formendacil Send a message via MSN to Formendacil
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cailín
What I despise about Day 1s is that I always wish to trust everyone. It's very difficult to determine guilt toDay and there hasn't really been anyone enormously suspicious or controversial.
Precisely why I hate Day 1s. People like to think, at the time, that they are being useful, helpful, and thoughtful, but the only thing making noise on Day 1 does is incriminate you on later Days. The only time I was noisy on Day 1, I was lynched Day 3 as a Werewolf (Phantom's Game, XII). And, really, Day 1 is simply a matter of random guessing for the innocents. Only the Werewolves know who the Werewolves are- so only the Werewolves would want to influence the vote in any particular way- unless they're stupid enough to go and incriminate themselves.

So really, the reason I hate Day 1s is that people think we should be serious and noisy on them. That's a tactic that I've yet to see work to any player's enduring advantage in a game.

Work being what it is, I'll likely not be on ere Day end to vote again, so let:

++ Caranlondien stand as my vote. Not for any real reasons of suspicion, save that she is very careful and track-covering. And, this being Day 1, and no one being stupid enough to incriminate themselves, that's as good a reason as any.
Old 05-30-2006, 03:42 PM   #104
Celuien
Riveting Ribbiter

Celuien has just left Hobbiton.
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Saucepan Man
Actually, I have noticed a lot about me that looks (or has been made to look) suspicious. But it's most certainly not how a Wolvish Sauce would act on Day 1.
And in that it's not how a wolvish Sauce would act, being that one of my ancestors once encountered a saucepan-wearing Werewolf , I don't find you suspicious today.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mith
LMP ..so quiet ..is that really just timezones..
Elempi and I are in the same time zone, but I think he's busy in RL right now (see notices on the Rohan theater bulletin board). So I think it's most likely time zones + RL that lead to his being quieter than usual just now. Still, the change may bear watching.

I don't really want Nilpy to die today. I'd hoped for a reply to my vote, but time zone disease seems to be in the way.

-- NILP
++ DURELIN

Caran and Nogrod have pointed out the same things that I find disturbing. And she feels a bit aggressive in her posts to Boromir and regarding SPM.

Do I have 14 minutes left or an hour and 14 minutes? I'm confused over the time zones.

EDIT: Crossed with Cailin and Formendacil.
Old 05-30-2006, 03:50 PM   #105
dancing spawn of ungoliant
Mischievous Candle

Location: So near to Russia, so far from Japan, quite a long way from Cairo, lots of miles from Vietnam.
dancing spawn of ungoliant has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via MSN to dancing spawn of ungoliant
Uh, I intended to post a vote tally, but I messed up with something and I don't have time to check where the error is anymore. My vote goes to

++Boromir

who has toDay looked the fairest but felt the foulest. Good Night!
Old 05-30-2006, 03:51 PM   #106
Durelin
Estelo dagnir, Melo ring

Ah, so the supposed band-wagon-ing gang has begun to turn on me! Alas.

Everyone dislikes Day 1. And the posting patterns on day one are sporadic, with people trying their hand at reasoning, others simply having fun with their roles in the village. And anyone who says anything at all runs the risk of drawing attention to themselves perhaps more than they do on the following days, and by what others have said about Day 1, they seem to agree with this matter (perhaps; this may be an error of judgment on my part).

So, I only have one piece of reasoning for Day 1: a wolf might not want to draw attention to him/herself on the first. And so, I point at the person who, in my opinion, has attracted the least attention to himself: tom bombariffic.

His post is straight to the point. Just as a wolf would not want to draw attention to himself, he does not waste any time with his role. His reasoning is interesting, and he has interesting, but then...a wolf wouldn't risk a 'random' vote, even though he himself said that "there is no real evidence against Boromir." He craftily makes it appear as if he has evidence, but then renounces that he has any at all. Covering all his bases... This is either just smart, or downright conniving.

Crazy reverse psychology, or brilliant tactics? The world may never know. The ninja never tells...

And so, as fashionably as I arrived late, I will now revote in what is seemingly as fashionable a way:

--The Saucepan Man
++tom bombariffic

His lack of posting is lowering team morale.

EDIT: Cross-posted with the last four people... *sighs* Way off target...

Last edited by Durelin; 05-30-2006 at 03:55 PM.
Old 05-30-2006, 03:55 PM   #107
Feanor of the Peredhil
La Belle Dame sans Merci

Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Send a message via MSN to Feanor of the Peredhil
++SPAM

Because I currently have nobody better to vote for.
Old 05-30-2006, 03:58 PM   #108
Findëasëa
Haunting Spirit

Findëasëa has just left Hobbiton.
Quote:
To Tom, Spawn, and those others who have commented on my not revealing how retractable vote helps me. Review the post as I explained it. I don't want wolves knowing my mind, then they would be able to use that against you. Because to know what your enemy is thinking or planning will only lead to your own downfall.
The problem with this reasoning is that it isn’t ‘Boromir versus the wolves’, it’s the village as a whole against the wolves. If Boromir is an innocent, then hiding behind this reasoning and not justifying his votes is going to get him lynched, and that is not going to help the village. His perspective struck me as a strange one, as it seems to work against the well being of the village. The issue is not one of trust, The best way for everyone to work towards the safety of the village seems to me to be coming up with viable ideas as to who might be guilty and why. Althrough I am not completely convinced of his guilt, I am going to vote:

++Boromir
Findëasëa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2006, 04:00 PM   #109
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

Quote:
Ooh, are you confessing? (Or am I too tired... )~spawn
Eventhough you were seemingly joking...if I was a wolf I wouldn't play like Fea.

Quote:
I'm not comfortable with you somewhat twisting Lommy's words. When you quoted Lommy's post #40, you conviniently left out the last part of the phrase which would have made more sense. I don't know whether Lommy is innocent or not, but in any case quoting someone in a way that on purpose makes them look worse than they are isn't fair.~ibid
I didn't take anything out of context Miss Spawn. You just simply don't understand. The rest of the quote you are referring to there is no need to quote, therefor I didn't. This is Day 1 is it not? I was making the point that Lommy, on Day 1 find's Day 1's useless (which I disagree). The rest of the quote does not matter in this case, because we aren't in "future days yet," we still are in Day 1's on Day 1. Whether Lommy finds use of Day 1's in the upcoming days is irrelevant to the point that right now on Day 1, she finds it useless.

Quote:
The only time I was noisy on Day 1, I was lynched Day 3 as a Werewolf (Phantom's Game, XII).~Formendacil
I remember that game...that was the game I voted for you for 3 straight days and finally the village went along...then I was lynched, because I must have been a wolf partner ...oh fun times.

Just some thoughts on some people.

Formendacil to me is acting like usual. Which could be bad of course, but usually he is less active on Day 1, and see no particular reason why I should vote for him.

Sauce also seems normal, which again could be bad, but he'll be found out soon enough, if not already.

I definitely expected more from lmp and morm, perhaps they are just unable to be around a lot today, I know how that is. But I've heard basically nothing from them.

Mithalwen is making me nervous with her pointing attention to me:
Quote:
Boromir88 - I wonder about his reference then vote for Spawn. Hmmm I suspect he is not ordinary put it that way.... I expect he will post more before I have ot decide. I would hesitate to lynch him without good evidence because if he is innocent we don't want to lose him....
I wonder if this is a ploy to pin me down. Because I would expect any innocent who thinks they know a gifted to bequiet and not spill the beans and let everyone know "Hey I don't think you're ordinary."

Fin and Nogrod seem helpful, logical, and contributed quite a bit, I'm inclined to think they're innocent.

As far as everyone else, I still am trying to get a grasp on. I'll stick with Lommy however as my vote. Good bye and good luck.
Old 05-30-2006, 04:01 PM   #110
Kath
Everlasting Whiteness

Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Send a message via MSN to Kath
Stop voting now please, Day 1 has ended.

Boromir's death will be up shortly.
Old 05-30-2006, 04:12 PM   #111
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Location: Wearing rat's coat, crowskin, crossed staves in a field behaving as the wind behaves
Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Am I the only one who thought it was 11PM GMT? Now the game has closed 10PM GMT! I might be wrong about the 11pm, but well, ...
Old 05-30-2006, 04:19 PM   #112
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

http://wwp.greenwichmeantime.com/
Old 05-30-2006, 04:23 PM   #113
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Let's just make sure we end and start the day at the same time tomorrow... so either 10PM GMT or 11PM GMT. Both are fine (10PM even better for me - if I'd only knew it beforehand...).
Old 05-30-2006, 04:26 PM   #114
Kath
Everlasting Whiteness

Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Unaware that his death was now inevitable Boromir continued to talk, trying to explain, to get people to listen, but to no avail. The villagers converged upon him, raiding his clothes for hidden weapons, not wishing to be caught off-guard if he turned out to be a wolf.
“What shall we do with him?” Asked spawn, who found a knife inside Boromir’s boot. “Use this?”

“No, that’s too simple.” Replied Sauce. “We need something that will really show these fiends who’s in charge round here.”

“Well, how about using the wolves own tricks against them, and kill him with his favourite animal?” Mused Lommy.

The idea was taken up with glee, and after much persuasion of a violent nature, an answer was finally pulled out of the doomed assassin.

“A lion! My favourite animal is a lion.”

“To the lion pit!” Cried the villagers, some with bemused voices, sure they had not had a lion pit the day before. Still, it was a fitting death, so they shrugged and joined the crowd.

Boromir was lifted high into the air on the villagers shoulders, in a bizarre parody of a victory parade, and carried towards the outskirts of the village. As they neared the boundary markings, roars could be heard, and a few more steps took them to the edge of a deep pit, in which three lions were prowling.

The villagers put Boromir down and pushed him right up to the rim of the pit. Terrified he turned round and pointed at Lommy.

“She’s the one you want, not me!”

The villagers just shook their heads.

“Oh yes, her and the other hundred villagers you voted for today.”

“Please, I’m INNOCENT I tell you! Inno . . .”

But it was too late. With one final push he fell, and the lions closed in around him. The villages watched in anticipation as the claws ripped through him, shredding both cloth and flesh, waiting for the moment when he would transform into the beast he truly was. It never came. The lions tore at Boromir, their roars masking his screams, but he remained human throughout.

Looking down into the pit the villagers saw his mangled, innocent body, and knew that three among them were quietly gloating. Walking a little way apart from each other, they made their way back into town, dreading what they knew was to come that Night.

Night 1 ~ Kath, killed by a turtle in an aerial attack ~ Innocent.
Day 1 ~ Boromir, lynched by the villagers by means of lions ~ Innocent.

Night 2 has now begun.
Wolves, Seer, Hunter, Ranger and Changeling - please PM me your choices.

Oh and Nogrod, if you make one more after the deadline post your death will swiftly follow, savvy?

Last edited by Kath; 05-30-2006 at 05:45 PM.
Kath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2006, 04:07 PM   #115
Kath
Everlasting Whiteness

Formendacil had found a place to spend the Night a little way off from the village. He had abandoned his usual habit of sleeping on one of the villagers doorsteps, having had a trying Day and wishing not to be disturbed or, indeed, killed by a werewolf tripping over him as they left the house to go kill someone. He had assumed that his new bedroom, a small hollow in a tree just on the edge of the village, would keep him safe, reasoning being that if he was well hidden, the wolves might not bother taking the time to find him.

From his vantage point, he saw the three wolves leave their houses. For a moment he considered running back to the village, to tell everyone who the traitors amongst them were, but before he could gather the courage to leave his hiding place he heard a howl behind him.

Whirling round he began to back further into the hollow, expecting to see a wolf. He was unsure whether to be pleased or afraid when the sight that met his eyes was not that of a wolf, but of a coyote. Cocking it’s head the animal regarded him with cold eyes, and then turned it’s head up to the skies and began to howl again. Formendacil reached a hand forward.

“Shh.” He muttered, casting a wary glance back toward the village. He couldn’t see the wolves anymore, and it was worrying him not to know where they were.

The coyote continued to howl, disregarding Formendacil’s plea. Hearing answering howls from within the village he repeated his request, more desperate now than before. Receiving no indication that the animal had even noticed him speak, he crept a little further out of the hollow, hoping he could reach it and find some way to shut it up before the wolves became curious about the reasons for the noise and arrived to find an answer.

As he moved, the coyote stopped howling, and fixed wide eyes on him. Stopping, Formendacil smiled in relief, and turned to sneak back into his makeshift bedroom, but again his movement was stopped, for standing behind him were the wolves. Screaming out in terror, he tried to back away, but in his haste he forgot the coyote. His legs caught on the animal and he fell onto his back, crying out in fear as the powerful jaws of the wolves appeared before him.

The ripping sound of his own flesh being torn from his bones accompanied by screams of pain were the last thing Formendacil heard before death claimed him, but the mauling of his body continued long afterwards. The wolves dragged his body into the town square and proceeded to tear strips of flesh from his body, and place them on the embers of the dying fire left to burn throughout the Night.

When the villagers awoke at dawn, they smelt the cooked meat, and left their houses to find out what it was. Reaching the firepit, they saw what remained of Formendacil’s body lying on the ground, and many turned round to be sick. The wolves had claimed another innocent life.

Dead:
Night 1 ~ Kath, killed by a turtle in an aerial attack ~ Innocent.
Day 1 ~ Boromir, lynched by the villagers by means of lions ~ Innocent.
Night 2 ~ Formendacil, killed by a coyote and it's trickery ~ Innocent.

Alive:
Lhuna - traveller with absolutely no sense of direction
Cailín - tragedienne
Nilp - ex-world champion in chess
Fea - confectionist
Celuien - ketchup grower
TGWBS - Pokémaster
Lommy - AA-adviser
Nogrod - owner of ME's first hamburger restaurant
lmp - gravedigger
Tom - tree surgeon
Caran - town poet
Findëasëa (from now called Fin) - alpaca herder
spawn - lumberjackess
Mith - aura consultant
morm - butcher
Durelin - ninja
Sauce - retired Arda-famous chariot racer and playboy millionaire

Day 2 has now begun. Wolves stop PMing villagers start talking.

Last edited by Kath; 06-01-2006 at 08:24 AM.
Kath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2006, 04:17 PM   #116
the guy who be short
Shadowed Prince

Formy's dead? I suppose it's his own fault for not wearing shorts.

Anyway, before I go off and spout various theories that will only partially make sense due to my current state of sleepiness, I would like to mention that late yesterDay I started making a list of my thoughts on people. So far, only three of you have been noticable.

Here they are:

Durelin - Anti-retractable votes. Pro-random. Good.
Caranlondien - Easily swayed by others. Bad.
Findeasea - Good reasons against Boro. Post 108.

Such is the extent of my analysis.
Old 05-31-2006, 04:40 PM   #117
The Saucepan Man
Corpus Cacophonous

The Saucepan Man has been trapped in the Barrow!
White-Hand

Gah! How on earth did we end up lynching Boro? He was one of the last villagers that I would have voted for yesterday! All that nonsense about him looking suspicious for switching his votes. It was clear that he was attemting to use the retractable voting tactically to flush out a Wolf or two. Obviously, he did not want to explain his plans precisely, since that would only have alerted the Wolves to what he was trying to achieve.

Still, if it had not been him, it would most likely have been Form or me. Form has been proven innocent. And I am innocent too, although obviously I don't expect anyone to take my word for that.

Anyway, here's the Day 1 voting:

Boro => spawn (spawn-1)
SpM => Fea (spawn-1, Fea-1)
Boro ≠> spawn => SpM (Fea-1, SpM-1)
Caran => Celuien (Fea-1, SpM-1, Celuien-1)
Nilp => SpM (Fea-1, SpM-2, Celuien-1)
Cailín => Lhuna (Fea-1, SpM-2, Celuien-1, Lhuna-1)
Elempi => Form (Fea-1, SpM-2, Celuien-1, Lhuna-1, Form-1)
Lhuna => TGWBS (Fea-1, SpM-2, Celuien-1, Lhuna-1, Form-1, TGWBS-1)
Boro ≠> SpM => Lommy (Fea-1, SpM-1, Celuien-1, Lhuna-1, Form-1, TGWBS-1, Lommy-1)
Celuien => Nilp (Fea-1, SpM-1, Celuien-1, Lhuna-1, Form-1, TGWBS-1, Lommy-1, Nilp-1)
Tom => Boro (Fea-1, SpM-1, Celuien-1, Lhuna-1, Form-1, TGWBS-1, Lommy-1, Nilp-1, Boro-1)
SpM ≠> Fea => Form (SpM-1, Celuien-1, Lhuna-1, Form-2, TGWBS-1, Lommy-1, Nilp-1, Boro-1)
Caran ≠> Celuien => SpM (SpM-2, Lhuna-1, Form-2, TGWBS-1, Lommy-1, Nilp-1, Boro-1)
Durelin => SpM (SpM-3, Lhuna-1, Form-2, TGWBS-1, Lommy-1, Nilp-1, Boro-1)
TGWBS => Cailín (SpM-3, Lhuna-1, Form-2, TGWBS-1, Lommy-1, Nilp-1, Boro-1, Cailín-1)
Morm => TGWBS (SpM-3, Lhuna-1, Form-2, TGWBS-2, Lommy-1, Nilp-1, Boro-1, Cailín-1)
Lommy => Boro (SpM-3, Lhuna-1, Form-2, TGWBS-2, Lommy-1, Nilp-1, Boro-2, Cailín-1)
Mith => Fea (SpM-3, Lhuna-1, Form-2, TGWBS-2, Lommy-1, Nilp-1, Boro-2, Cailín-1, Fea-1)
Caran ≠> SpM=> Durelin (SpM-2, Lhuna-1, Form-2, TGWBS-2, Lommy-1, Nilp-1, Boro-2, Cailín-1, Fea-1, Durelin-1)
Cailín ≠> Lhuna => Form (SpM-2, Form-3, TGWBS-2, Lommy-1, Nilp-1, Boro-2, Cailín-1, Fea-1, Durelin-1)
Form => Caran (SpM-2, Form-3, TGWBS-2, Lommy-1, Nilp-1, Boro-2, Cailín-1, Fea-1, Durelin-1, Caran-1)
Celuien ≠> Nilp => Durelin (SpM-2, Form-3, TGWBS-2, Lommy-1, Boro-2, Cailín-1, Fea-1, Durelin-2, Caran-1)
Spawn => Boro (SpM-2, Form-3, TGWBS-2, Lommy-1, Boro-3, Cailín-1, Fea-1, Durelin-2, Caran-1)
Durelin ≠> SpM=> Tom (SpM-1, Form-3, TGWBS-2, Lommy-1, Boro-3, Cailín-1, Fea-1, Durelin-2, Caran-1, Tom-1)
Fea => SpM (SpM-2, Form-3, TGWBS-2, Lommy-1, Boro-3, Cailín-1, Fea-1, Durelin-2, Caran-1, Tom-1)
Fin => Boro (SpM-2, Form-3, TGWBS-2, Lommy-1, Boro-4, Cailín-1, Fea-1, Durelin-2, Caran-1, Tom-1)

Did not vote: Nogrod

Interesting that the Wolves chose Formy, who attracted a lot of votes yesterday. That said, and despite my suspicion of him yesterday, I concluded when I reviewed the Day's events that he was most probably innocent. When he voted yesterday, he led the lynch chart with three votes. He could have voted for TGWBS, Boro or me to save himself. Yet he voted for Caran, who had attracted no votes at that stage. A most unlikely vote for a Wolf.

That may be why the Wolves killed him, anticipating that the suspicion that he had attracted yesterday would die down today. Possibly, they thought he might be the Seer or another Gifted, although I cannot see much that would lead them to that conclusion. And possibly, it was a clumsy attempt to frame Elempi, Cailín or me - most likely me, given the suspicion that I was under yesterday.

Most likely a combination of all of those things.

I'm going to take a close look at the Boro voters, and follow up a few other ideas. Back soon with some further thoughts.
Old 05-31-2006, 04:56 PM   #118
the guy who be short
Shadowed Prince

Formendacil the Dead

Formendacil posted thrice yesterday.

Post 7 - Says nothing of importance.

Post 29 - Repeat performance, haha.

Post 103 - Form votes Caranlondien for being careful in covering her tracks.

Firstly, I would like to apologise for the haphazard chronology of the following. I first searched for all posts containing the word Formendacil, forgetting that some would refer to him as Form. I then had to go through again searching for Form. And it's far too late for me to edit for something so minor as that.

LMP votes Form. He says Form is always a wolf when he plays, thats the way it is.
Sauce then votes for Form, changing from Fea, for saying little of importance.

Spawn says Form seems more frustrated about Day 1s than usual.
Cailin says Form may be a wolf, but she doesn't know or see anything odd about him. Mith says she may vote for him if he keeps whinging. Cailin then says she thinks Form is being odd by being more silent and sullen than usual. Cailin changes her vote to Form from Lhuna.

SpM rants about how Form is wrong in thinking Day 1s are useless. Naturally.

Now that you have all the bare information, here are my thoughts.

Formendacil may have been killed for giving us no information whatsoever. I think this is most likely. We are confusing ourselves to death - quite literally - and the removal of a quiet villager allows us to continue in this vein.

However, he could also have been killed for a multitude of other reasons. Perhaps to incriminate an innocent, Caranlondien. Perhaps they thought he was the Seer and Caranlondien is a wolf. This is less likely as he did not mention her until his last post.

He could also have been killed to cast suspicion on those who voted for him - Sauce and LMP and Cailin - or, using reverse psychology, as a bluff to make them less suspicious. However, the latter is unlikely as they were not under much suspicion in the first place, excluding SpM. For him, this theory is credible.

In conclusion, I think he was likely killed because we were all barking up the wrong tree, and the wolves want to keep it that way. So we need some new people to accuse.

One thing I noticed was very interesting. Cailin says that she thought Form was acting normally. Later spawn, in a very long post, casually remarked that she thought Form was being more defensive than usual. Later still, Cailin echoes this and switches her vote to Form. I find this very suspicious and wouldn't put it past both of them being wolves. I would like to hear why Cailin suddenly changed her mind. Spawn, meanwhile, appears to be very influential in her summary posts.

Thoughts on Boromir after I come back in about 12 hours, hopefully. In short, I thought he was a loud, mistaken innocent. Bed now.
Old 05-31-2006, 05:10 PM   #119
Celuien
Riveting Ribbiter

Celuien has just left Hobbiton.
I have to agree with the assessments of Formy's death. The first thought I had was that this was an attempt to frame Elempi. He would be an easy target for framing as he was less present than expected yesterday and Formy's death could have been used as a tenuous link back to him.

I'll return shortly with a look at Durelin. I want to see if I still find her suspicious after a good rest.
Old 05-31-2006, 05:13 PM   #120
The Saucepan Man
Corpus Cacophonous

The Saucepan Man has been trapped in the Barrow!
Pipe

Tom, Lommy, spawn and Fin voted for Boro yesterday.

Tom seemed genuine in his vote, even if I think his reasoning misguided.

Lommy was fairly aggressive with Boro and looks to have been the one most keen to push this idea that he was suspicious because he kept switching his votes (although he only switched twice in the end). In any event, she and Boro clearly clashed over the retractable votes issue.

Spawn effectively sealed Boro’s fate, although it would not have been clear to her at the time she voted. She voted for him because he “looked fairest and felt foulest”, whatever that means, although she had earlier accused him of twisting Lommy’s words.

And Fin put in the final vote to bring him to four votes. I seriously doubt that a Wolf, knowing him to be innocent, would have voted for him at that point.

If there was a Wolf amongst the Boro voters (and there was surely only one at most), I would look to Lommy. She came across to me yesterday as directing the most of her energies towards heightening the growing suspicions of Boro and me. Although I am surprised that spawn was caught up in the shoddy reasoning that led to him being lynched.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TGWBS
Spawn, meanwhile, appears to be very influential in her summary posts.
She always is. That's why when she is good, she's very very good, and when she is bad, she is horrid.

But I wonder if there was a Wolf among the Boro voters at all. From my perspective, the three most likely lynch candidates of the day (Boro, Form and myself) were all innocents. There was simply no need for the Wolves to vote for someone who was likely to be lynched and proven innocent. As far as the Wolves were concerned, it was a good day for a “throwaway” vote, or even the odd Wolf-on-Wolf vote.

My chief suspect at the moment is Caran. She was fairly active yesterday, despite problems reaching the village square, yet I cannot recall her saying much of substance. She seems to have spent most of the latter part of the day worrying about whether she should maintain her vote for me or not and came across to me as someone who was concenred about where best to place her vote.

But would the Wolves kill someone who voted for one of their number? Quite possibly, I think. The old double-bluff.

As matters stand, my thoughts are along the following lines:

Probably innocent: Nogrod

Inclined to trust for now: Cailín, Lhuna, Celuien, Durelin, Mith, Fin

Wary of: Nilp, TGWBS, spawn, Fea, Lommy

Looking decidedly suspicious: Caran

Just don’t know: Elempi, morm, Tom

Btw, in light of recent events, I am happy to acknowledge that my "Animalia" theory was a load of old tripe.