The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Fun and Games > Middle-earth Mirth
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-23-2012, 10:53 AM   #161
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Which to go for then? I'm inclined to go for Greenie because she's the most certain wolf in my head. She's been acting like a normal little green wolf in regards to me, and while I think the new players could have picked up on Boro's "hint," I'm almost certain Greenie would have.
satansaloser2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 10:58 AM   #162
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Note: I may be leaving sooner today than I expected, but I'll be able to at least pop in a vote from my phone. No news yet, and with toDay's level of chatter, I doubt it'll be a problem anyway.
Old 10-23-2012, 11:02 AM   #163
A Little Green
Leaf-clad Lady

A Little Green is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.A Little Green is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.A Little Green is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.A Little Green is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Send a message via MSN to A Little Green
Argh, I had a dreadful day and don't really have time for this, and things had to get confusing just now! Anyhow, I'm probably the only clueless person around right now, which is kind of sad; but basically I can see two possible pairs: either
a) Nerwen and Sally decided to pull off a spectacular bluff instead of just skating their way through, or
b) Nerwen is the real Seer, which would mean that MCR and Copper are wolves - and probably, then, not aware of each other since MCR voted Copper.
I'm leaning more towards option b) since Nerwen's claim looks honest enough and would make much less sense for a wolf than an actual Seer, AND her being a Seer fits the picture rather better than MCR or Copper being one.

So, here's to hoping I was right -

++Copper

Got to dash, sorry for my crappy participation toDay, things happened.
"But some stories, small, simple ones about setting out on adventures or people doing wonders, tales of miracles and monsters, have outlasted all the people who told them, and some of them have outlasted the lands in which they were created."
A Little Green is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 11:04 AM   #164
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor

Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Send a message via Skype™ to Nerwen
All right. Back again.

See, this is what is bothering me. After that vote, we should be able to rule out MCR + Cop– only as we don't know if the wolves have found each other, it's still possible they're unwitting packmates. Not only that, it's even possible that a Wolfgirl4eva simply doesn't understand the game enough to realise she shouldn't have voted a Copperwolf toDay. Newbies do have a way of throwing out one's calculations...

I mean, I really wouldn't be worrying about this, except it's been a pretty weird game...

Anyway, I'm going to have to vote shortly. I can't wait much longer.

EDIT:X'd with Greenie and 2 Sallys. I mean, really, I wait around for hours and just when I've given up on anyone else showing up...

EDIT2: "That vote" of course refers to MCR's vote for Copper.

Last edited by Nerwen; 10-23-2012 at 11:13 AM.
Nerwen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 11:10 AM   #165
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

Well, Nerwen, it looks like we don't have much choice now, do we? The best the two of us can do is tie it and hope Copper shows up and follows our lead.

And with that....

++Greenie
Old 10-23-2012, 11:11 AM   #166
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor

Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
*sigh*

I was *really* hoping for a fake-reveal to entertain us...

EDIT:X'd with Sally
Old 10-23-2012, 11:13 AM   #167
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor

Silmaril

Anyway–

++Greenie.
Old 10-23-2012, 11:14 AM   #168
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

Of course there's always the chance that my logic is horribly wrong -again- and that Nerwen is just a bluffing wolf, but given that it's all I have to go on, and that it makes sense combined with my other observations, and that I keep saying that, I think that there's a decent chance that we're right. About that. That.

EDIT: x'd with two Ner-posts
Old 10-23-2012, 11:33 AM   #169
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor

Silmaril

Quote:
Originally Posted by satansaloser2005 View Post
Of course there's always the chance that my logic is horribly wrong -again- and that Nerwen is just a bluffing wolf, but given that it's all I have to go on, and that it makes sense combined with my other observations, and that I keep saying that, I think that there's a decent chance that we're right. About that. That.

EDIT: x'd with two Ner-posts
No, don't worry. And thanks for trusting me.

Anyway– one of them has to be a wolf, and if it's not one of them it's both of them. So even if it ends up being a tie, we've got a pretty good chance.
Old 10-23-2012, 11:36 AM   #170
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor

Thumbs up

Anyway, Sally, I have to leave. Good luck!
Old 10-23-2012, 02:46 PM   #171
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

Well, this has been....uneventful.
Old 10-23-2012, 03:00 PM   #172
Kath
Everlasting Whiteness

Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Send a message via MSN to Kath
Villagers stop posting.
Old 10-23-2012, 03:10 PM   #173
Kath
Everlasting Whiteness

Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
It had been a quiet Day in the village.

"Never thought I'd say this," Greenie muttered, "but I miss Nog."

"Yeah." Coppermirror agreed. "Maybe we wouldn't have been in this double lynch situation again with him around."

"Pfft." Nerwen snorted with derision. "He's the one that got us in to this mess Days ago!"

Bowing their heads in acknowledgement Greenie and Copper trudged up to the gallows. This was hardly even entertainment anymore for the remaining villagers. Their discussions had yet again failed to lead them to a decision, and now it was down to fate to decide what happened next.

Two nooses went around two necks. Two levers were pulled. Two trapdoors opened. Two bodies fell. One rope snapped and the survivor fell to the floor unharmed. The other body fell. It twisted in the rope, curling up and then stretching out as though preparing for a grand transformation. But the evil inside was slowly being suffocated even as it swung, and soon it stopped moving. Dead, Coppermirror dangled.

~ ~ ~

Dead:
Kath (mod)
Rune (innocent villager)
Shasta (innocent villager)
skip (wolf - modfired)
Nog (innocent villager)
Pom (innocent villager)
Boro (innocent villager)
Coppermirror (wolf)

Living:
Nerwen
Greenie
sally
MCR

Wolf you can now send me a kill only. Seer send me your dream.
Old 10-24-2012, 03:43 PM   #174
Kath
Everlasting Whiteness

That Night there was a battle of wills. One wolf pitted against the might of Feanor held within the body of Nerwen. Light blazed around the two as they fought, but for this time evil was stronger and eventually emerged victorious.

The villagers were not surprised to find Nerwen cold and still the next morning. However, her body seemed almost untouched. Whatever good had lived in her had helped protect her to the end.

Now they looked at each other. Three villagers - two innocent, one not. Who would triumph that Day?

~ ~ ~

Dead:
Kath (mod)
Rune (innocent villager)
Shasta (innocent villager)
skip (wolf - modfired)
Nog (innocent villager)
Pom (innocent villager)
Boro (innocent villager)
Coppermirror (wolf)
Nerwen (Feanor - Seer)

Living:
Greenie
sally
MCR

Villagers start posting.

(Sorry about late start. Assessment marking!)
Old 10-24-2012, 10:50 PM   #175
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

So....lycanthropy.

(Seriously, no one else yet toDay? Ugh.)
Old 10-25-2012, 02:57 AM   #176
A Little Green
Leaf-clad Lady

A Little Green is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.A Little Green is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.A Little Green is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.A Little Green is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
I'm here. To get it over with -

++ MCR

That's clear enough. Nerwen was the real Seer so Sally isn't a wolf (seems I was epicly mistaken, again), I'm not one, so MCR has to be the last wolf. Makes sense, anyway; she's showed some basic new wolf traits such as touchiness about being suspected and appearing to look for somebody to suspect instead of somebody who is a wolf.

It's up to you, Sally, since I doubt WolfCR will self-vote. I know you don't trust me, and I also know there's precious little I can do to convince you to. I dearly hope you would, though, since we lose if you don't.
"But some stories, small, simple ones about setting out on adventures or people doing wonders, tales of miracles and monsters, have outlasted all the people who told them, and some of them have outlasted the lands in which they were created."
Old 10-25-2012, 05:49 AM   #177
MCRmyGirl4eva
Shade of Carn Dûm

MCRmyGirl4eva has just left Hobbiton.
I'm voting for

++ Greenie

Sorry, but I know my role. And I don't trust you, Greenie, so I guess it's fair.
Old 10-25-2012, 09:43 AM   #178
A Little Green
Leaf-clad Lady

Quote:
Originally Posted by MCR
And I don't trust you, Greenie, so I guess it's fair.
You don't trust me? A hint for next time: in a situation like this, an innocent you would know me for a wolf.
Old 10-25-2012, 01:14 PM   #179
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

Honoring Nerwen's last wishes and also following my gut.

++Greenie

Let's hope I'm right this time....
Old 10-25-2012, 03:12 PM   #180
Kath
Everlasting Whiteness

It had taken Days, near six-way lynches, some sheer luck and finally, finally agreement among the villagers - but there was, at last, a confident lynch.

Greenie was led up to the noose. She was resigned to her fate.

"Oh come on!" sally shouted. "Give us something, some entertainment, go on."

Greenie held her head high, nose in the air, refusing to dignify that with a response.

"Farewell sweet village," she began, "long have I enjoyed the quiet homes and beautiful woodland. The leaping waters of the -"

"Oh just pull the lever already!" MCR shouted. sally obliged. Greenie fell.

With the death of her fellow wolves the evil spirit within Greenie had faded. The struggling form that was once Greenie twitched. Fur sprouted and limbs lengthened, but she was defeated and the twitching didn't last long.

The two living villagers stood in quiet relief for a moment, and then returned home, hoping this was the last time they would have to defeat such evil.

VILLAGE WINS with sally and MCR still living.
Old 10-25-2012, 03:13 PM   #181
Kath
Everlasting Whiteness

Though I'm not convinced anyone deserves the win after two modfires and one very lucky escape!
Old 10-25-2012, 05:39 PM   #182
Coppermirror
Shade of Carn Dûm

Coppermirror is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
So it was Greenie! I had no idea. Oh well, we lost. I could have voted on Day 4, but I still didn't know which out of MCR and Greenie was the wolf, and realistically the only person I could have voted for was Greenie. And if I'd done that and she'd turned out to be a wolf, it would have been unfair to have me going into the last Day, given that I wasn't going to be able to post.

The game was not exactly the epitome of sparkling reasoning and logic. I managed to get through the whole game without finding my fellow wolves, and wondered whether we would be the first wolf team in history to all get mod-fired.

Here are my dreams and night kill lists.

Night 1 dream: Boromir.

Night 2 dream: Nogrod.
Night 2 list: Boromir, Shasta, Nerwen. (no kill)

Night 3 dream: Pom.
Night 3 list: A Little Green, Nogrod, Boromir. (Nogrod killed)

Night 4 dream: Sally
Night 4 list: Nerwen, Boromir, A Little Green. (Boromir killed)

I am a bit curious. Did the other wolves not send in a kill list on Night 2, or was it just bad luck we didn't get a kill?
Coppermirror is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 05:47 PM   #183
MCRmyGirl4eva
Shade of Carn Dûm

MCRmyGirl4eva has just left Hobbiton.
All I can say is this: with only two females making up the entire remaining population of the village, there's no hope of bringing the population back!

Heh heh!
Old 10-25-2012, 05:50 PM   #184
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

Quote:
Originally Posted by MCRmyGirl4eva View Post
All I can say is this: with only two females making up the entire remaining population of the village, there's no hope of bringing the population back!

Heh heh!
People are dying to join WW games all the time. I think it's only fitting we're able to bring them back. Oh, Boro....
Old 10-25-2012, 06:21 PM   #185
Coppermirror
Shade of Carn Dûm

Coppermirror is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
I kept notes about the game, though they tailed off when my activity did. It's a bit long, but I might as well post it.

Quote:
Wolf Diary

Night 1

Dear Diary, I've been corrupted by the dark powers of Melkor! How thrilling.

At first I was misled by the instructions and thought that I had to send in a list on the first Night; thank goodness that isn't the case! I'd have had a much bigger risk of killing off my fellow wolves that way. Or being killed off myself. (For the record, the list would have been Shasta, A Little Green, and MCR, in that order.)

For my dream, I selected Boromir. My reasoning is that Boro is a bright chap and if he's not a wolf I can cheerfully try to kill him off next Night.

...And it seems he's innocent! And thus will be first on my list for killing tomorrow Night. I'll try to avoid getting him lynched by the village toDay if I can.

Day 1

Anything I say is going to have "I'm a wolf! Look at me, I'm a wolf!" over it in bright neon signs, isn't it? I'm too afraid to post! I'll be lynched in no time!

I've got to try persuading myself that I'm an innocent villager. I don't turn into a horrible monster, nope, not me.That's someone else. I just want to help the village, okay.

Okay, at least I've posted. It could have been worse. I may have had Wolf written all over me, but at least I did my best at thinking innocent. (I swear that I looked super suspicious on Day 1 back in the game where I actually was innocent.) From now on I'll try to be quiet. And even if people accuse me I need to stay calm, because this time I actually care about whether I get killed off.

I am in a spot of bother in this game, because I'm sure that experience really, really helps when one is a wolf, and although I've read old games I've only looked at them from the perspective of wanting the village to win.

I see that Rune and Boromir-the-innocent are around but haven't posted yet. Rune has also forgotten to set his status to invisible yet, wonder if I can learn anything from that. All I am seeing is that he's a fan of the Taters thread. And now I think he's invisible, hmm. Perhaps he's more likely to be innocent, if he forgot about that until now?

Right, I have my strategy. At least until I know the identity of any of the other wolves, I will be trying to be as genuinely helpful as I can, as if I was really an ordo. I really will play it just as if I was an ordo, although I will try to avoid saying things which look suspicious myself. I would probably have done that this time around even if I had been an ordo.

...And so I voted for Rune, because his post in the thread looked the most as if it fits a sensible wolf pattern. This really is what I would have done as an ordo. Maybe I'm a failure as a wolf.

Seriously, it has to be close to deadline. It's 8:41 GMT. Deadline is 10, I think. Four people still haven't shown up. And Pomegranate and Nerwen have yet to vote. Half an hour to go now. Maaaaan.

If MCR is a wolf, I'll have to remember to tell her to set her status to invisible.

And now there are three other people, probably players, invisible and reading the Middle Earth Mirth forum. With 23 minutes to go until deadline. :/

Fifteen minutes to go, no more posts. I can't believe it. Six people just haven't voted. Pom and Nerwen won't be mod-fired for this, as they posted, so they're the only ones who can safely do that. Pom is the only one in danger of being lynched. Can Kath really mod-fire 4 people?

It's interesting that Nogrod said anyone who came in at the last moment to decide the vote would be very suspicious the next day. Is that making it hard for the others to come in to vote late?

Yes, Rune was innocent! Though I feel bad for him. It wasn't fair.

Night 2

The narration was late? I must have had the timing wrong after all.

I've asked Kath whether the list and dream have to be sent together or whether they can be sent separately. My dream will be Nogrod, because he's looking sensible and posting a lot, and seems cautious and tricksy. If he's a wolf, he'll be very useful. If he's an innocent I'd like to kill him off nice and quickly. I hope that I'll be allowed to hear back about Kath about Nogrod's status before I have to send my list in.

If Nogrod is innocent, my list will be Boromir, Nogrod, and either Shasta or Nerwen. If he isn't or I don't get the info about him in time, my list will be Boromir, Shasta, Nerwen.

My impression of Nerwen today was that she's probably innocent. I'm certain that she's a very formidable player. And Shasta has to not be a wolf sometime, and apparently he is a psychic, so if he's innocent I want rid of him.

Nogrod was correct when he said that the loudest and best-known players would be at much more risk. I'm targeting intelligent players with reputations for being dangerous, partially because they are more likely to have (a) been the subject of other wolves' dreams, and (b) because they are more likely to be on their lists. If I don't find a wolf, I will find someone I'd like to knock out of the game.

The fact that four players didn't show is a big problem for me. And for the innocents, for that matter. It's hard to predict how many dreams any potential wolf or Seer has had. Did they really not know the game was on? If they didn't, then they won't have had any Night 1 dream. If there are multiple wolves who didn't show, this is super bad. And worse if they get mod-fired. I would be worried about this as a ordo, too, because I would want to predict the times when the wolves were likely to have made contact and try to see how their behaviour changes, and with this, that just throws any best estimates out of the window. Really, it's as if the village is searching for three opposing Seers.

And Kath's got back to me about the question – we don't get the answers until the lists are sent in, and we also don't get the dream answers until the deadline, because otherwise the wolves get too much power. (I'm probably getting on Kath's nerves, asking so many questions.) Unless Kath makes a note of this publicly, I have to remember that as a totally innocent villager who doesn't eat people in honour of the mighty Melkor, I don't have all these details and I don't know how the wolf rules work.

Ouch, though, so if we dream of a wolf, we really don't get a chance to contact them until the next Night.

On the bright side: this may suggest that the wolves aren't facing a worst-case scenario where, say, the other wolves are among the people who didn't show, and they didn't get a dream either Night. And...if I want to read a lot into this that probably isn't there at all, perhaps it looks as if the Seer is in danger. Could be Boromir or Nogrod.

Here's hoping I'm neither getting killed off toNight by my fellow lupines, or killing them off.

Day 2

Nogrod is innocent, and no name on my list was on another list, so there was no kill! I'm guessing that if another wolf did send in a list, Nogrod was probably on it.

Hmm, hmm! There must be something I can gleam from this. And Nogrod, you're looking far too sensible this Day 2, so you'll be at the very top of my list toNight.

Possibilities:

- two wolves didn't send in a list, and the rules mean there can't be a kill until they're modfired/start sending in lists.
Here's hoping this is not the case.

- one wolf didn't send in a list, and the wolf who did simply did not have any of the same names listed.
This would mean that Shasta and Nerwen are more likely to be wolves. Or that the wolf didn't have a chance to dream of them. Which is quite possible.

- three wolves sent a list, but we just happened to not have the same names on there.
Which would likewise make it more likely that Shasta and Nerwen are wolves.

- the other wolves are in touch, but that reduced the kill chances.
If that is so, again, I really don't want to kill Shasta and Nerwen. They were likely dream targets.

The possibility of people getting mod-fired is a serious headache. If the Seer is active and not on the mod-firing block themselves, they're far more likely to have dreamt last Night of yesterDay's most active players, of which I'm one. The Night 1 dream could have been of anyone.

Oh dear. RL triumphs. At this point I need to seriously consider whether I have time to continue in the game. I've posted to that effect. It will be interesting to see whether the other wolves and the Seer will still want to dream of me, knowing that I'm likely to get myself mod-fired sooner or later.

And right towards the deadline, things have got interesting!

I have a horrible feeling I've just voted for a Shastawolf. I'm a terrible wolf. I think I would have voted for him as an Ordo too.

"And I do still think trying to signal other wolves is a wolf's number one priority..." - Nogrod.

Oh no, no. I'm not even trying to do that. I'm relying on the dreams and then the Night PMs. Granted, I don't know of any other wolves to signal to.

Please, vote for Boromir! Boromir! Look at those beady eyes, those sharp teeth! Obviously he is a vile wolf-servant of Melkor.

Damn. Nogrod is bright, he voted for Nerwen. But now it's a six way tie. Maybe I can make him look suspicious for this tomorrow?

Sally, vote for Boromir, please!

...She voted Nog. AHAHAHAHAHAHA the narration is going to be priceless. I love this game.

Oh, too bad, her vote was just too late to count. Let's see what happens.

Oops.

Wait, no, I read it wrong! Shasta was innocent, thank goodness. I thought for a second that I'd killed off a fellow wolf, and I was sad.

But Skip was a wolf. Well, he was useless anyway. (Sorry, man.)

Both times I've voted for an innocent who's been lynched. Hell yes, I have the magic touch! Just not when it comes to killing innocents during the Night.

That was some of the best narration I've seen. Six way tie, yeeeeesss.

Anyway, this explains why the wolves couldn't hit a target.

ToNight I need to nab the Seer. I'd, uh, forgotten about them a bit.

Night 3

I'm really hoping that the other wolf will contact me toNight. It's a long shot: will they really suspect me enough to dream of me?

If MCR is a wolf, I tell you, the wolves are screwed. And I will attempt to go down in a blaze of glory before I get mod-fired, as long as it doesn't take up much time. I can't waste a dream on her. We could have the dubious honour of being the first (?) wolf team to all get mod-fired.

Day 3

My dream was Pom, who's innocent.

My list was A Little Green, Nogrod, Boromir. Nogrod was killed.

And I am ten kinds of not happy because after writing up an analysis of Nogrod, I now think the Seer is probably Boromir. I was hoping to kill him off today by lynching, but that was a miscalculation. He needed to be killed during the Night so that there'd be no opportunity for him to reveal. I didn't think that Nogrod was the Seer, so he was a bad choice. (A Little Green was there in first place to test whether she was on the list.)

I'm not sure how much more use I'll be to the wolves from now on. I may not be able to post on either Day 4 or Day 5 (should I live that long) so I'll surely be mod-fired.

Night 4

Dream: Sally, innocent.

Votes: Nerwen, Boromir, A Little Green.

Day 4

Boromir got killed, and Nerwen's the Seer. I thought she might be, after something she said yesterDay. If only I'd been in touch with my fellow wolf, we could've killed her off last night. Oh well. I thought her gambit at the start with the Sauron eye might be a Seer-hint, but was most likely a joke or an ordo trying to get attention. It should've been voting time, but ah well.

Anyway, so either MCR or Greenie is a wolf. I'm in a bad position, because of MCR's vote for me. (I wonder if she voted for me because I was the last person alive to be suspicious of her...)

If it's MCR: she's voted for me, so she'll be no help. But I can try to get Greenie lynched, if the others vote for her, and I can add my vote too. There's nothing else I can do. But I probably don't need to do so unless Greenie votes for me.

And in the end, I decided not to vote at all, so I got lynched! (It's tough to be a creature of Melkor in this village, I tell you.) I still don't know whether MCR or Greenie is the wolf. It's probably better for me to be out the game and for them to still have a fighting chance. Though, it looks as if Sally is suspecting Greenie pretty hard. Poor Sally! Tomorrow will be interesting, anyway, though I'm not sure when I'll get to read it. If there's no kill, presumably MCR was the wolf and I can regret not killing off Greenie.

In favour of MCR Wolf: Her status was never set to invisible, and I would imagine Kath would have noticed that by now and said something if she was sending her PMs. It would explain why the people MCR suspected during the Day were the ones picked off in order during the Night. It'd also explain why she kept trying to stay in the game despite being unable to participate most of the time.

In favour of A Little Green Wolf: I put her at the top of my kill list once, and she didn't die. So a little more likely to be a wolf. Sally says she's acting like she does as a wolf. If what she said in-game was true, then she doesn't suspect me at all, which would explain why she didn't dream of me.

There's an outside chance that perhaps Nerwen is the wolf and MCR is the Seer. And that would be a pretty amazing gambit. But I don't think it can be true, because if it is, toMorrow Nerwen won't die during the Night, and she'll get lynched. It could only be a concerted effort to get Greenie lynched, and if so, it would absolutely rely on me turning up to vote, in which case...uh...it's not good, and I apologise for letting the pack down. But I did warn in advance that I might well not be here.

Night 5

n/a

Day 5

Am still dead, and now Seer-Nerwen is too.

And there has been only one, solitary post to the thread since Kath-mod's in the morning, and that was Sally. Poor Sally! That is rough. MCR and Greenie are nowhere to be seen.

If the wolf is MCR, I can't really complain, since my message on the admin thread was partially to say that it's okay to throw me to the wolves, because I wouldn't be able to continue with the game. Wait, no, I am the wolves! Under a bus, then. If it's Greenie, she had no choice but to vote for me, especially in the knowledge that I wouldn't be around later anyway.
Coppermirror is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2012, 02:25 AM   #186
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor

Thumbs up

You actually did very well, Cop. It's hard enough for a wolf-cub to survive in an ordinary game, let alone this!
Old 10-26-2012, 06:05 PM   #187
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Location: Wearing rat's coat, crowskin, crossed staves in a field behaving as the wind behaves
Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via MSN to Nogrod
This sure merits the category of the weirdest games...

One wolf never showed up, the two others never got to know each other, we villagers were totally in the dark... and in the three-way game, the unknown innocent makes a huge mistake saying "she doesn't trust" the other unknown (aka. the Wolf). God forbid Sally ignored that obvious wolfy-slip and voted for the real wolf...

So it was up to Sally to win the day! *Bows* (I would have taken MCR's "slip" at the face value anf voted her for definitively being the last wolf)

Well done Coppermirror! A very good game - although you remind me too much of Inzil who also is an active player but one of which you just can't take a hold on as everything he says is kind of vague in the end... But yes, well done!

And Greenie! Blah! I should have suspected you heavily because you were so easy on me... I mean that means you have something to hide. Otherwise you suspect me. And I think you were quite good at the end - Sally just had enough to suspect you to trust her reasons over your very well thought last post after MCR's fumble.

Sorry Nerwen that I suspected you once again - hearing of your death and being the seer kind of explained if not all then some any way.

Thank God it was a short game as I've had really busy days about, but next time I'd hope there would be more active villagers around to make it a real Game.

Thanks to Kath for running this! It was fun as long as it lasted. And if we were a bit sluggish, that was not your fault. *Kudos*

Last edited by Nogrod; 10-26-2012 at 06:11 PM.
Nogrod is offline   Reply With Quote