The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Fun and Games > Middle-earth Mirth
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 08-01-2011, 12:30 PM   #281
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via AIM to Boromir88 Send a message via MSN to Boromir88
I know I should be taking this more seriously, but I can't. I'm dying of laughter.
Old 08-01-2011, 12:30 PM   #282
Galadriel55
Blossom of Dwimordene

Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shastanis Althreduin View Post
It's certainly a good thing this hotel has free wifi. Eomer and Bom would have gotten away with it otherwise. I happen to be the real Ranger - I protected Boro last night.
So you say that Eomerwolf had the luck to frame TWO gifteds? Oh, yes, very likely.

Edit: xed with Boro.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boromir88 View Post
I know I should be taking this more seriously, but I can't. I'm dying of laughter.
I know how you feel.
Old 08-01-2011, 12:31 PM   #283
Eomer of the Rohirrim
Auspicious Wraith

Eomer of the Rohirrim is a guest at the Prancing Pony.Eomer of the Rohirrim is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Shield

Bom, don't protect yourself tonight. The wolves have to kill me. Protect someone else, and then you will be free to protect yourself the following night.
Old 08-01-2011, 12:32 PM   #284
Galadriel55
Blossom of Dwimordene

Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
We should officially call this game The Revels of the Reveals!
Old 08-01-2011, 12:33 PM   #285
Eomer of the Rohirrim
Auspicious Wraith

Eomer of the Rohirrim is a guest at the Prancing Pony.Eomer of the Rohirrim is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Shield

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galadriel55 View Post
So you say that Eomerwolf had the luck to frame TWO gifteds? Oh, yes, very likely.

A valiant effort, but it's all turned to absurdity for our dear Nerwen and Shasta.
Old 08-01-2011, 12:41 PM   #286
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eomer of the Rohirrim View Post

A valiant effort, but it's all turned to absurdity for our dear Nerwen and Shasta.
Well stranger things have happened. I should tell you about the time I got Fenris-lynched in Lommy's village. There's a good story of insane coincidences.

I'm also wishing there was a cobbler in this game, he/she'd be having a field day.
Old 08-01-2011, 12:48 PM   #287
Galadriel55
Blossom of Dwimordene

Quote:
I'm also wishing there was a cobbler in this game, he/she'd be having a field day.
To have a third Ranger or Seer reveal? But by Eru, it would have been hilarious!

*lungs can't take it anymore. Dies*
Old 08-01-2011, 12:54 PM   #288
Shastanis Althreduin
Werewolf Psychic

Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Hotel does not in fact have free wifi. Probable last post from me. I will say that this is hard to do from a phone.

++Eomer

Hopefully you believe me. I'll be protecting Nerwen tonight, obviously. I protected Boro because after Eomer's last minute scam I thought it likely Boro would be hunting me and thus a perfect wolf target as he'd be useless, and I was right. The night Inzil died I was protecting Nerwen, of course.
Shasta– ... However, if he's innocent his famous clairvoyant powers must be taking the week off. Meanwhile, the Night-kills have been awfully effective– almost like we're dealing with a psychic wolf... - Nerwen, WW LXXV
Shastanis Althreduin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2011, 12:59 PM   #289
Shastanis Althreduin
Werewolf Psychic

Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Quote:

Edit: xed with Boro.

I know how you feel.
Last post, phone dying.

Just as likely as Eomer "dreaming" two wolves, one right after the other, no?
Shasta– ... However, if he's innocent his famous clairvoyant powers must be taking the week off. Meanwhile, the Night-kills have been awfully effective– almost like we're dealing with a psychic wolf... - Nerwen, WW LXXV
Shastanis Althreduin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2011, 01:00 PM   #290
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

Quote:
Last post, phone dying.

Just as likely as Eomer "dreaming" two wolves, one right after the other, no?
Oh come on Shasta, I've done that twice and your record seering isn't terrible. It's not so unbelievable, don't try to pull that one passed me.
Old 08-01-2011, 01:15 PM   #291
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

Location: In a tiny, insignificant little town in one of the many States.
Folwren is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Folwren is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Ah...I've read everything. As I said, internet is spotty to nill, to say the least.

I am terribly confused. Let me see if I have this right -

YesterDay, Eomer revealed that he was the seer by saying that Nerwen and Shasta needed to die.

Last Night, the wolves attempted to kill somebody and were rebuffed by the ranger.

ToDay, Nerwen says that Eomer is bluffing and SHE is the seer...

Bom says he's the ranger and protected Eomer.

Shasta then pops up and says he's the ranger and protected Boromir...

Brilliant. And unlikely. Well, obviously. Someone's lying, 'cause we can't have two seers and two rangers.

I'm going to do more indepth reading and see what I can figure out. Time is short, though.

-- Foley
Old 08-01-2011, 01:17 PM   #292
Galadriel55
Blossom of Dwimordene

Ok, I accept that there is a possibiliy that Eomer is lying - as unlikely as it seems. However, only the death of one of these people can prove and disprove all our theories: Eomer, Nerwen, Shasta, and Bom. Two claim to be Rangers, and the other two - Seers. The question is, which two? The other two are hence wolves. Either we'll be lucky and get a wolf toDay and another toMorrow, or get one toMorrow and the other the next Day.

Edit: xed with Foley
Old 08-01-2011, 01:21 PM   #293
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

Folwren is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Folwren is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Quote:
Ok, I accept that there is a possibiliy that Eomer is lying - as unlikely as it seems. However, only the death of one of these people can prove and disprove all our theories: Eomer, Nerwen, Shasta, and Bom. Two claim to be Rangers, and the other two - Seers. The question is, which two? The other two are hence wolves. Either we'll be lucky and get a wolf toDay and another toMorrow, or get one toMorrow and the other the next Day.
The problem is that if we kill the WRONG one today, we kill either a seer or a ranger. That'd be bad.
Old 08-01-2011, 01:21 PM   #294
Galadriel55
Blossom of Dwimordene

I meant to say this in my last post but forgot to: our biggest question right now probably is if we'd rather lose a Ranger or a Seer.

Edit: xed with Foley. You are correct in that. I'll try looking for some evidence on them.
Old 08-01-2011, 01:33 PM   #295
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

I may or may not be on a little later to post and vote. I better be back to vote.

-- Foley
Old 08-01-2011, 01:51 PM   #296
Bom Tombadillo
Wight

Bom Tombadillo has just left Hobbiton.
I'm back early! Yaaaay!

I'd say we can better afford to lose a Seer; not just because I'm one of the potential Rangers, but because if we kill the Ranger, the real Seer dies toNight anyway.
Old 08-01-2011, 01:53 PM   #297
Galadriel55
Blossom of Dwimordene

...Starting wit Bom! (I'm not quoting all the posts, just the ones that draw my eye)

His first post is a Ranger hint right off:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bom Tombadillo View Post
But I suppose it's my job to protect you idiots. Ah well.
But he denies it here (probably having second thoughts about so obvious a clue):

Quote:
*ahem* AS I was going to say before I was rudely interrupted by myself (several times, even!) my mind seems to be on the more, as Nerwen says, talented actors. (translation: it seems like anybody and everybody is dropping hints that they're Gifted. Including, in retrospect . . .

myself). So you'll excuse me if I make a few incautious comments about such.
"my mind seems to be on the more, as Nerwen says, talented actors" - such as Seers.

Then comes the Hunter vs Ranger debate.

Then Bom voted Boro, which is a switch from Shasta. I find this interesting, but I can't make anything out of it.

Day 2

Then he's happy that people call him weird (weird=gifted?).

Then this:

Quote:
I still can't think what I can do to prove my innocence to the rest of you at the moment. If people are convinced that I'm a wolf, there's nothing I can do to change their minds (unless something extraordinary happens).

Anyway, while I hate that I'm on the target list there, Eomer is making sense.
This post drew my attention for some reason. I can kinda see this as a paraphrased version of "I still don't want to reveal. You won't believe me anyways, until maybe I'll save someone at Night". But that could just be my imagination seeing clues where there are none.

Then Bom votes for McC "because Eomer's reasoning made sense".

Day 3

Quote:
So . . . either the wolves planned for the Ranger protecting the fake-revealing Eomer and attacked one of their own,
This is definitely a clue that Bom protected Eomer.

Then he agrees to lynch Shasta so that we have at east one known wolf.

Then he reveals.

...aaaaand Shasta!

Doesn't like Bom from the first post

Says

Quote:
No, I won't. There's no reason to do such, if you're innocent.

Will likely vote Bom today.
...in response to Bom saying that he'll make some incautious gifted comments

Then appears only to vote Glirdy to save Boro. Interesting.

Day 2

Then attacks me and Eonwe for not helping him save Boro.

Questions Eruhen:

Quote:
Quote:
I personally suspect both Bom and Cabbie, but Cabbie seems much more suspicious. Bom just seems like Bom, but Cabbie has said nary a thing all game and nothing all Day. If I don't hear a good defense of his vote for Zil yesterDay, he's getting my vote toDay.
Which is just like McCaber - he's always a submarine. You can't use that reasoning for Bom and not use it for McCaber as well (I know you haven't played with McCaber before, but still.)

I really don't understand how McCaber can be "much more suspicious" than Bom when all he's done thus far is vote for Inzil.
Keeps justice?

Then votes me.

Day 3

Reveals and votes Eomer.

I'm sorry, Shasta, but as much as I tried I couldn't see and Ranger clues in your previous posts.

Stay tuned for the Seers...

Edit: xed with Bom. I see your point here.
Old 08-01-2011, 02:19 PM   #298
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

Quote:
I'd say we can better afford to lose a Seer; not just because I'm one of the potential Rangers, but because if we kill the Ranger, the real Seer dies toNight anyway.
Makes sense to me.

Quote:
Then Bom voted Boro, which is a switch from Shasta. I find this interesting, but I can't make anything out of it.
Meh, from my perspective, there's nothing to make from it. I didn't like some of the things Bom posted. I got abrasive, Bom fired back and thus revenge voting ensued. After the night to sit on it, I didn't think anything of it. As will be revealed all in good time, I actually hunted McCaber first night, because I found his vote the most out of place. And thus the next day was more willing to see Bom was possibly getting set up. Granted we got McCaber wrong, but at least, I believe right about Bom. He's not a wolf (but he's not the seer or hunter either ).

It's just coincidence that possible wolf Shasta was the other person he was considering voting for on Day 1.
Old 08-01-2011, 02:20 PM   #299
Eönwë
Flame Imperishable

Eönwë is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Eönwë is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Eönwë is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Quote:
our biggest question right now probably is if we'd rather lose a Ranger or a Seer.
On general principles, the answer would be Ranger. The Ranger has to guess who to save based on the Day's discussion. While the Seer can guess wrong and dream an Ordo, they still get the knowledge that the person is an Ordo, while if the Ranger guesses wrong they have no effect. The main aim for the Ranger is to protect the Seer once they've revealed, and they rarely save anyone else.

On the other hand, in this game, it's much more complicated. If Eomer is telling the truth, then it's likely that the wolves went for him, hoping the Ranger would bluff and protect him the toNight. If this is the case, then Eomer will get killed toNight, so it wouldn't seem too bad to kill him now instead, as he won't get to tell us his dream anyway.

However, if Eomer is a wolf, then either they hoped the ranger would protect Eomer and voted for one of their own (very risky, and I don't know if it's really allowed-Lottie?), cementing Eomer as an almost known seer, as it would seem an unlikely option. On the other hand, this means that the wolves are unlikely to kill Nerwen, as it would prove them wrong, so if this is the case she is safe.

However, if Nerwen is the Seer, then the ranger could still protect her toNight, in which case it might be better to attack neither of the rangers...

I don't know, there's too much to consider...

The fact that both Rangers claim to have protected Eomer makes it seem more likely that he was saved, which in turn makes it more likely that he's either actually the Seer or an Ordo masquerading as one, for whatever purpose.

Also, though we have all our gifteds, I think the wolves are winning. At the moment, the worst case scenario means that we could end up losing both the Seer and the Ranger toNight.

On the other hand, it could be that all the reveals so far are ordos, or at least half of them, in an attempt to stop the real gifteds counter-revealing on claims that might actually have been made to protect the real gifteds in the first place. There are just too many possibilities to consider.
Old 08-01-2011, 02:21 PM   #300
Eönwë
Flame Imperishable

Eönwë is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Eönwë is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Eönwë is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Quote:
You make a good point, I didn't consider that. You're probably right.
Old 08-01-2011, 02:22 PM   #301
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eönwë View Post
The fact that both Rangers claim to have protected Eomer makes it seem more likely that he was saved, which in turn makes it more likely that he's either actually the Seer or an Ordo masquerading as one, for whatever purpose.
Just quick correction Eonwe. Shasta claims as ranger he protected me last night.
Old 08-01-2011, 02:33 PM   #302
Eönwë
Flame Imperishable

New approach- The Pros and Cons of lynch-candidates:

Eomer- Claims he's the seer.

Pros:
- If he is proven to be the seer, then we have two known wolves, and also know the identity of our Ranger.
- If he is a wolf, we know who the seer is.
- If he really is not a wolf, it's most likely that he'll die tonight.

Cons:
- If he is the seer, we've lost our seer.
- If he is the seer, then the wolves will kill our ranger as well (assuming one of the revealers is a wolf).
- If he's a wolf, we don't know the identity of the ranger, and we have no known wolves from the seer (but the latter is just hopefulness, and shouldn't actually be considered in the same terms).
Old 08-01-2011, 02:34 PM   #303
Eönwë
Flame Imperishable

Quote:
Just quick correction Eonwe. Shasta claims as ranger he protected me last night.
Ah, I must've been carried away with that post. I shall need to reconsider.
Old 08-01-2011, 02:38 PM   #304
Galadriel55
Blossom of Dwimordene

Quote:
- If he's a wolf, we don't know the identity of the ranger, and we have no known wolves from the seer (but the latter is just hopefulness, and shouldn't actually be considered in the same terms).
But we have a known wolf Bom who claims to have protected Eomer.

And I like your new approach! Seems a very effective way of summing things up!
Old 08-01-2011, 02:38 PM   #305
Eruhen
Shade of Carn Dûm

Eruhen has just left Hobbiton.
By Nahal, what a mess!

Just when I thought I had things figured out, some yahoo tosses a wrench into things...

Need to make sure I lay my axe at the root of the right tree.

Last edited by Eruhen; 08-01-2011 at 02:39 PM. Reason: x-ed with G55 and Steve
Eruhen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2011, 02:45 PM   #306
Eönwë
Flame Imperishable

Nerwen- Claims to be the seer

Pros:
- If she turns out to be the seer, we'll gain two known innocents.
- If she is a wolf, it makes it likely that Shasta is too.
- If she is a wolf, we know Eomer's the seer. And though he won't live until toMorrow, we'll at least have the Ranger and another known wolf.

Cons:
- If she's the seer, we lose our seer.
- If she is the seer and we don't kill her now, she could stay alive until tomorrow because the ranger can protect her.
- If she is the seer and we kill her, the wolves can take out the ranger toNight without fear of being dreamed.

edit: Con: If she's a wolf, we don't know who the ranger is.

Last edited by Eönwë; 08-01-2011 at 02:50 PM.
Eönwë is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2011, 02:47 PM   #307
Eönwë
Flame Imperishable

Quote:
But we have a known wolf Bom who claims to have protected Eomer.
Unless they risked it all and actually voted for one of their own. Is this allowed Lottie?

edit: but yeah, he would practically be a known wolf, as that seems very unlikely. Just want to cover all possibilities.
Old 08-01-2011, 02:53 PM   #308
Eomer of the Rohirrim
Auspicious Wraith

Shield

Tum as Frodo
Foley as Sam
Sally as Merry
Eomer as Pippin
G55 as Fredregar Bolger
Shasta as Legolas
Eruhen as Gimli
Eonwe as Boromir
Boro as Gandalf
Bom Tombadillo as Tom Bombadil
Nerwen as Galadriel

----------------

Let me see.

Eomer - Seer
Bom - Ranger
Boro - Hunter

Nerwen - Wolf
Shasta - Wolf

And considering the interaction with Shasta & Nerwen yesterday, I think the following are probably innocent:

G55
Eonwe
Eruhen

Which leaves our last wolfy as Tum, Folwren or Sally.

I say it's Sally.
Old 08-01-2011, 02:59 PM   #309
Eönwë
Flame Imperishable

Bom- Claims to be the ranger

Pros:
- If he is the Ranger, it is almost certain that Eomer is not a wolf.
- If he is the Ranger, it's very likely that Shasta is a wolf
- Together, these heavily would imply that Eomer is the seer, and so we'd also have a likely second wolf.
- If he is a wolf, we almost certainly know that Shasta is the ranger, which means that Boro is an innocent.
- If he is a wolf, we know Shasta is the Ranger, which them means that Eomer is a wolf too, which means that Nerwen is the Seer and so we also have two known innocents.

Cons:
- If he is the Ranger, we've lost our ranger.
- If he is the Ranger, the wolves can easily kill the true seer as well.
- If he is the Ranger, we still can't be certain who the seer is.
Old 08-01-2011, 02:59 PM   #310
Galadriel55
Blossom of Dwimordene

Nerwen shall be first.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nerwen View Post
*coughing fit* You know, I don't think this is quite the time to be critiquing another actor's, er, talents, do you?
In response to Bom talking about Gifteds.

Then she disappers for the rest of the Day.

Day 2

Her opinion on the votes:

Quote:
Steve gave no reason; G55 voted Sally as a "submarine". That's common enough for emergency votes– but indeed, you'd think people who were simply trying save a claimed gifted would go for someone else who already had votes. I suppose they might have lost track, though.

EDIT:X'd with G55.
EDIT2: Correction: Steve voted for Sally, and G55 for Eruhen, both as "submarines".
Then this post:

Quote:
Back again. Sorry for not being around– I just wasn't able to get to a computer for most of the day.

This is true– through a frame can't be ruled out either. Still, I think it's pretty safe to assume that *if* the wolves in fact killed him for being "Seer-ish" it would have been because of his comments on one of those two.

Why, though? G55's last post looks quite bad to me, actually.

EDIT:X'd with Eruhen.
After this she questions Eruhen for a few posts, before voting him:

Quote:
Eruhen, I believe this is your first game, so sorry if this is all just you trying to get the hang of things. All the same, the amount of backtracking and seeming evasiveness in your recent posting really does not look good.
Day 3

... is mostly spent arguing against Eomer and trying to prove that she is the Seer, and then votes for him.

While Nerwen never directly accuses anyone of wolvery and always has a careful neutral tone, she just leave any stronger evidence that would point to her as the Seer.

aaaaand Eomer!

His first posts are not very important, and anyways are undeciferable.

Quote:
Seem to remember fowk latching onto Bom's, shall we say, daring playing style in the last game. He'd be a great bold wolf because now I'm thinking it's just his style.
Just a post I thought worthwhile to quote, as Bom claims Ranger...

Quote:
Eh... Fitiver's gan on here will mak for some good readin' imorn. That's why I leave Bom and Boro.

There's probably a wolf who's said nothing other than character posts yet, so I'll pick one of them. Back in a minty.
Combined with this:

Quote:
Sally fits the criteria (oh wow, I never find her suspicious or anything... ), as does Glirdan. I'm totally aware that I myself fit my own criteria of not adding anything to the discussion....

...until now

Sorry Glirdan, but just not enough from you today. And the first vote is always a safe one. Chances are you're a busy innocent but, because no-one else is really jumping out at me, you're acting the conservative wolf.
This being the second vote in the game, I won't put too much stress on this, but people have questioned it.

Day 2

First post:

Quote:
Sorry Glirdan. Not the best choice I could have made.

And Inzil deid? The immediate thing to take from this is suspicion of McCaber and Bom.

Eonwe and G55 seem likely innocents to me. Not sure, of course. Certain others look suspicious too; I'll try to go through it in more detail later.
"The immediate thing to take from this is suspicion of McCaber and Bom" - looking for the last wolf, it seems. Though can't really be considered evidence in favour of Seering.

Quote:
Interesting thought. Presuming that Boro is the Hunter, the wolves might consider him safe to leave. He's not the seer; if no-one touches him, he can't use his power. But is this ignoring the point that he's a potential known innocent? Probably better to kill off the hunter at the start of the game if you can, so it's more likely he'll have no idea who the wolves are and he'll hunt an innocent.

Yes, they might be counting on us lynching him, but this is pretty risky.

At this stage, chances of catching the Seer are not high. This means I see three options:

1. Boro is a wolf, playing us for fools.

2. Boro is innocent; wolves seriously believe Inzil is the seer.

3. Boro is innocent; wolves not sure about Inzil but, rightly or wrongly, choose to ignore Boro.

I believe option 3 suggests wolves who are not thinking very carefully. And I think it's the less likely option.

I don't see how option 1 would aid the wolves in any way. The real Hunter could appear at any moment.

Option 2 is the most likely. So we lynch one of Inzil's targets today. Bom or McCaber.
"He's not the seer" - obviously, since he claims to be the Hunter. But the sureness with which Eomer says that...?

Some posts in between, and:

Quote:
++MCCABER

Because of Inzil's vote. Otherwise, I can't see why the wolves would have killed him. Willing to give Bom the benefit of the doubt for now, although would not be opposed to his lynching.
Then encourages others to follow suit, as he is curious about McC's role. And then he showers us with clues.

Quote:
Don't worry, Boro. I think the Ranger is going to get a good hint today.
Quote:
Eonwe, G55, Eruhen all probably innocent. I think Bom is innocent too.

Yeah, it almost feels lame doing it like this, but...
Quote:
Pfft! You are suspicious when you are acting wolfish and being caught in the act by the seer.
(with Eruhen's reply - "That's certainly interesting, Eomer, especially considering how last game turned out.")

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eonwe
What worries me is that maybe none out of the Boro-McCaber-Bom trio are wolves, and that the actual wolves are hiding more sneakily.
Two of them certainly are.
Again, the sureness.

Quote:
Ach...

Kill Nerwen AND Shasta with fire! And then kill their ashes!

Ranger - Protect! ^^
One more post about bing curious about McC.

Day 3

Tries to uphold his status as Seer, continues accusing Nerwen and Shasta, and says Bom is the Ranger.

From here, I say Eomer is more believable.

Edit: xed since my last.
Old 08-01-2011, 03:00 PM   #311
Eruhen
Shade of Carn Dûm

Eruhen has just left Hobbiton.
So, so far, we have:

?Seerwen? --> Eomer
?Shastanis Rangerduin? --> Eomer

No surprises there, seeing as he tapped both of them yesterDay.
Eruhen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2011, 03:08 PM   #312
Galadriel55
Blossom of Dwimordene

Quote:
I think it's a good point, and considering this and Eonwe's Pros&Cons we should be able to decide on a candidate, and NOT have a four-way tie.
Old 08-01-2011, 03:11 PM   #313
Eönwë
Flame Imperishable

Shasta- Claims to be the Ranger

Pros:
- If he's the Ranger, we know that Bom isn't and so is probably a wolf.
- If he's the Ranger, we know that Eomer isn't the seer and is probably a wolf.
- If he's the Ranger, Boro is almost certainly innocent.
- If he's a wolf, Bom is most likely the Ranger, in which case Eomer is at the very least innocent, in which case Nerwen could be a wolf too.

Cons:
- If he's the ranger, we lose our ranger.
- If he's the ranger, our seer can also be killed toNight.
- If he's a wolf, we don't know for certain who the seer is.
Old 08-01-2011, 03:14 PM   #314
Eönwë
Flame Imperishable

Ok, I've just realised (as you can probably tell by the slight shift in my last one) that there are two situations which render my pros and cons useless:

1. Ordos have fake-revealed.
2. Both Bom and Shasta are wolves.

There's also the possibility that both Eomer and Nerwen are wolves, but I find it unlikely that the true seer wouldn't have revealed by now.
Old 08-01-2011, 03:17 PM   #315
Eomer of the Rohirrim
Auspicious Wraith

Shield

For anyone who's still wavering, here are the options:

1. Seer-Eomer spied two wolves with his first two dreams.

2. Wolf-Eomer fake-revealed as the Seer and implicated two innocents. It turned out that the two innocents he chose happened to be our Seer and Ranger.
Old 08-01-2011, 03:30 PM   #316
Eomer of the Rohirrim
Auspicious Wraith

Shield

Have to leave now. This will surely be my last post in the game, so: good luck villagers! Get that last wolf.

++SHASTA
Old 08-01-2011, 03:32 PM   #317
Galadriel55
Blossom of Dwimordene

Quote:
There's also the possibility that both Eomer and Nerwen are wolves, but I find it unlikely that the true seer wouldn't have revealed by now.
May the Valar have mercy upon us! Not ANOTHER reveal!

Edit: xed with Eomer's vote. We'll get that wolf, by Eru we will!
Old 08-01-2011, 03:55 PM   #318
Bom Tombadillo
Wight

Bom Tombadillo has just left Hobbiton.
Indeed!

Given Eomer's vote, I'll almost certainly be voting for Shasta, but I'll hold off on the act itself to hear more from the rest of the field (after all, voting early resulted in me going for the Hunter Day One!)
Old 08-01-2011, 03:59 PM   #319
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

Quote:
2. Wolf-Eomer fake-revealed as the Seer and implicated two innocents. It turned out that the two innocents he chose happened to be our Seer and Ranger.
In fairness to Shasta's point, with 3 wolves and 3 gifteds, the statistical probability the seer picks 2 wolves the first 2 nights, is the same probability that you fake reveal and happen to pick 2 of the 3 gifteds.

With that said, I'm still believing Nerwen and Shasta crafted a convenient story in their night time wolfy discussion and thus their story, as amusing as it is...is full of baloney.
Old 08-01-2011, 04:01 PM   #320
Eönwë
Flame Imperishable

Quote:
May the Valar have mercy upon us! Not ANOTHER reveal!
Yes, another reveal. I'm the seer, and I dreamed Inzil, Nerwen and Boro in that order.