The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Discussions > The Movies
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 12-18-2002, 02:34 AM   #1
Estelyn Telcontar
Princess of Skwerlz

Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!
Silmaril *TTT - Isengard*

How did you like the scenes at Isengard?
'Mercy!' cried Gandalf. 'If the giving of information is to be the cure of your inquisitiveness, I shall spend all the rest of my days in answering you. What more do you want to know?' 'The whole history of Middle-earth...'
Estelyn Telcontar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2002, 11:50 PM   #2
Diamond18
Eidolon of a Took

Diamond18 is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Sting

Is it just me, or did the storming of Isengard lack the granduer of the book? It seemed that there was not much left to storm.<P>But the Ents in action looked good and Saruman's dismay on the balconey was a satisfying thing to see. I'm curious to read other opinions, as this particular scene hasn't been discussed much.
Old 12-19-2002, 05:49 AM   #3
Eomer of the Rohirrim
Auspicious Wraith

Eomer of the Rohirrim is a guest at the Prancing Pony.Eomer of the Rohirrim is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Sting

I loved it. I think others are being harsh and, quite frankly, wrong when they say its the only good part involving the Ents.<P>Also, Saruman and his army. That was a great shot. But how did Grima get in without noticing the huge army?
Old 12-19-2002, 03:34 PM   #4
Sapphire_Flame
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Sapphire_Flame has just left Hobbiton.
The Eye

I loved the scenes in Isengard. That huge army....whew! Poor Rohan! And I must say that the Ents trashing the place was very impressive.
Old 12-19-2002, 03:47 PM   #5
Aylwen Dreamsong
The Melody of Misery

Location: The Island of Conclusions (You get there by jumping!)...
Aylwen Dreamsong has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

As soon as the water started flooding Isengard, I heard tons of people around me going "Now that's what I'm talking about." and "GO ENTS!!! KICK HIS @$$!!"<P>Well, I thought it was really good!! Plus, there was this one Ent that caught on fire. Then, the water comes rushing down and my two friends were like, "Well he's like 'Oh yeah, water!'" <P>Nevermind. LoL. I thought the storming of Isengard was great. Smooshing Orcs, my favorite sport....<P>Aylwen
Old 12-19-2002, 03:57 PM   #6
Maeglin
Wight

Maeglin has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

I can't say I was that excited about the hole Isengard-storming because at that time I was more or less waiting for the hole thing to get to an end. What I did notice though was that the surface the ents and the orcs were fighting at was increadibly flat and gray. I don't get that! Why do you surround a totally flat stoneground with a wall so far from the tower and the mines. And besides I thaught that it was supposed to be mountains all around it (didn't notice this in the first film).The ents looked great but that's it.
Old 12-19-2002, 04:54 PM   #7
-Imrahil-
Shade of Carn Dûm

-Imrahil- has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Yes there should have been mountains, It's the wizards vale and its supposedly surrounded by mountains, at LEAST small hills.<P>Ents were great though. Loved, loved, loved, them.
Old 01-02-2003, 06:47 AM   #8
doug*platypus
Delver in the Deep

doug*platypus has just left Hobbiton.
Shield

Though I'm not a fan of the movieEnts, I think the Breaking of Isengard was incredible! Especially the shots with the water streaming down the holes and past the screen. The cleansing aspect of it was shown much better than in the books. Remember, bad guys don't like water. Apart from the Watcher, I guess. <P>Huge inconsistency (yet again!) though. If Saruman can control the weather on Caradhras hundreds of miles from his home, surely he could do a little bit better than stare at the Ents? The script team should've left well enough alone. I don't know how they're gonna explain that one!<P>Let the whole Isengard dam thing be a lesson to you civil engineers out there. Use caution.
Old 01-02-2003, 06:15 PM   #9
the real findorfin
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

the real findorfin has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via ICQ to the real findorfin Send a message via AIM to the real findorfin
Sting

Pity they didn't explain about the dam beforehand. Suddenly this water just shoots out of no where, (oh, water, how coicidental!"