Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 06-21-2002, 11:14 AM   #441
Samwise
Faithful Spirit

Samwise has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Samwise
Sting

Having found Primrose with Mithadan, and making sure he was taken care of, Stacey and the little hobbit went back down to room 7.

Stacey: *opening the door* Ugh. Don't want to have an adventure like that for a long time, thank you very much. [img]smilies/tongue.gif[/img]

Primrose: I just wish I could have helped more...Uncle Frodo! You're awake! [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]
Giving thanks unto the Father...In whom we have redemption through His blood, even the forgiveness of sins.~Colossians1:12a,14
I am Samwise son of Hamfast, if by hoe or trowel I can get these weeds out of your garden, I will.You have my shears!;)
Old 06-21-2002, 01:26 PM   #442
Child of the 7th Age
Spirit of the Lonely Star

Child of the 7th Age is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Sting

Child dragged her soaked and aching body down to the lower deck towards the room where Idril was tending to Mithadan. The latter was just regaining conscousness but seemed totally confused about where he was or even much of what had happened.

Child presented Idril with the flask of amber ointment explaining that Lord Ulmo had sent to to tend to Mithadan. Idril laughed. "I've seen that before. It's extremely effective but it has a definite odor. Your Lord Mithadan may be difficult to tolerate for the next day or two!"

Child held her nose as the flask was uncorked. Then she laughed. "Actually, this smells a little like the Barrow-wight. It makes me a bit homesick for the Downs! I wonder when we get to go home?"

Child had found some shells for Primrose and decided to go search for her.
Old 06-21-2002, 03:25 PM   #443
Rose Cotton
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Rose Cotton has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

After Child had left the room Rose went in to see Mithadan. "Will he be alright?" she asked.

"Yes. He will be much better very soon." Idril replied. Mith turned and looked at Rose with dased eyes. Rose didn't know whether he was fully consious or not but she talked to him anyway.

"Hello Mith. You managed to amaze me again with your brillant planing. Pio has defeated the second one now. The evil is all gone. Ulmo sent them all to the Void. Thanks for doing what you did back with the wizards. You were able to fool them into thinking you had gone bad but you were really helping me out of danger. I hope we have more adventures like this. Although I'm sure you like everyone else will want a break. That's alright. You deserve it." and she went on talking about people and things until exaustion overtook her and she fell asleep by Mithadan's bed.
Old 06-21-2002, 03:58 PM   #444
Samwise
Faithful Spirit

Sting

Stacey went for a walk on the deck.

Stacey:Ergh...I should be at home. I've never been any use here and never will be. I just don't want to leave the Gamgees hanging...

She leaned on the railing and looked out on the unfarmiliar sea.
Giving thanks unto the Father...In whom we have redemption through His blood, even the forgiveness of sins.~Colossians1:12a,14
I am Samwise son of Hamfast, if by hoe or trowel I can get these weeds out of your garden, I will.You have my shears!;)
Old 06-21-2002, 04:03 PM   #445
Samwise
Faithful Spirit

Sting

Primrose woke up with a start. Where....?

Listening a moment, she heard her father snoring. Raising her head, she could see that she had fallen asleep on the floor. To her right, Frodo had gone back to sleep, too.

Prim--Mmm.
She pushed herself up onto her knees and looked around. Miss Stacey wasn't there. Getting up off of the floor, Primrose went to the door, quietly opening it and then shutting it behind her. After that she went to go look for Miss Stacey.
Old 06-21-2002, 06:04 PM   #446
Birdland
Ghastly Neekerbreeker

Birdland has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

A bedraggled, lank-haired Birdie climbed painfully down the stairs to the belowdecks. Poking her head in the cabin where Idril was tending to Mithadan, she saw that the mighty, but unfathomable warrior was asleep. Rose had laid her head on the bed and was also lost in dreams beside her. (Birdie could tell Rose was dreaming because her toes were twitching.)

Birdie felt exhausted too; also very clumsy, now that she was back on a solid deck again. She looked down at her scrawny, underfed body and thought, "I had better stay away from the sea for a good, long time. Else I might be tempted to trade this old form for a better." It happened to skin-changers, sometimes. They found a form that they liked so well that they forsook their human shape, and disappeared into the animal kingdom. What happened to them after that, no one knew.

Birdie wasn't ready for that. Not yet. But if that time did come, she knew where she would go.

Child had taken a peace offering to the put-out Primrose, too eager to grow up and have "adventures" on her own. She had never seen the times when an adventure could fail, and the warriors did not return. Birdie hoped that she would be spared that knowledge for a long, long time.

And what of Pio? Now that all danger was past, would her companions ever find out why she and the Great Idril had seemed so estranged.

"Probably not," thought Birdie. Then she went to find a quiet place where she might sleep, too.
Old 06-21-2002, 06:58 PM   #447
Rose Cotton
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Sting

.............Rose was once more on the beach. She was completly happy and the weather matched her feelings. Then the same voice spoke in her ear:
Well done it said.You could come to the blessed lands now if you want.

"Sorry. But I don't want to anymore. Maybe some other day." replied Rose.........
Old 06-21-2002, 07:40 PM   #448
Samwise
Faithful Spirit

Sting

Primrose walked on the deck. It seemed so peaceful now, not having to think about Papa or Uncle Frodo in trouble, or evil wizards or
friends they once thought were traitors.

Now, what? she thought as she looked over the railing and out over the water. Are we going home, now?

Out of the corner of her eye, she saw a figure. Turning her head, she saw Miss Stacey standing by the rail and looking out over the water herself. Slowly the little hobbit went over to her.
Old 06-22-2002, 12:37 AM   #449
piosenniel
Desultory Dwimmerlaik

piosenniel is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Sting

Pio stood under the solar shower for a long, long time. The stink of orc clung to her despite the time in the sea, and she scrubbed her skin with sea salts and sponge until she felt clean. She let the hot water sluice over her body to ease the aches and bruises. Child had left some rosemary/mint shampoo in the shower and Pio used it, enjoying the rich scent of such ordinary herbs. It brought back pictures to her mind of her mother, gone long ago, and with them the feelings of simple home comforts and security. She smiled as she reached for her towel and remembered her mother bathing her & drying her off after days filled with muddy adventures.

Towelling herself quickly, she dressed in clean clothes, and relished the simple luxury of it.

She climbed the stairs to the main deck to see what direction the ships were taking, and was surprised to find Veritas waiting for her. She returned Pio's sword to her and explained that she had made one of the hobbits on the cat the acting captain, until Mith was well enought to take over.

'Good idea, Veritas.' said Pio. 'I don't know if Mith will be fully functioning anytime soon, though. What happened when I went to the Wizards' ship?'

Veritas explained about the strange disappearance of the REG soon after Pio had gone, and went on to say how the PC had crashed shortly afterward.

'Well, just leave it for Mith to deal with.' replied Pio. 'It's his equipment. I'm just glad something didn't backfire on us when we tried to use it.'

They parted company, promising to meet for supper that day, and Pio went down belowdeck again to see if any of her friends were awake. Their rooms were all quiet. She peeked in on Child who lay with her arms around her mailbag, sleeping soundly. A smaller sized Angara perched on her headboard with one golden eye surveying the room. Don't wake her, Elf! came the sleepy command. Pio put her finger to her lips and closed the door quietly.

She found Bird in a tangled nest of sheets and blankets. Her hair, still damp, clung to her face, and the scent of the sea still lingered on her. Pio pulled a soft blanket over her, and whispered, 'Ride the waves well, Bird!'

The last room she checked was that of the hobbits - Frodo, Sam and Stacey were still awake and she could hear them talking in their soft hobbit voices. The door was closed and she left them to their reunion.

Sleep was far from her mind. Though her body felt tired, her thoughts were restless. She went upstairs and saw the door to the captain's cabin open. Going to it, she looked in, and saw Rose's little curly head sticking out from under the covers. She smiled at the sight of such a doughty warrior fast asleep , face smoothed in innocent dreaming.

[ June 22, 2002: Message edited by: piosenniel ]
Old 06-22-2002, 01:10 AM   #450
piosenniel
Desultory Dwimmerlaik

Sting

Pio entered the cabin and saw Mithadan lying on the other side of the great bed. So still, his breathing so quiet. His face was pale, and his eyes moved restlessly beneath the closed lids. Some remembrance caused him to cry out softly in his sleep. She went to his side and sat beside him, regarding him thoughtfully.

He sleeps and dreams, but it brings him no rest. came the soft thought of Idril, who had just entered the cabin.

Pio startled at her presence, and rose from the bed. 'I did not hear you enter.' she said. She returned her gaze to the pale warrior, 'He fought well and cunningly, will he live to do so again?' she asked.

'He will.' said Idril. 'But for now I feel it best we keep him comfortable and quiet until we can get him back to the Barrow Downs. Recovery always comes more quickly in familiar surroundings. Let us leave the two sleeping creatures to their dreams. I would talk with you.'

Idril led Pio out to the balustrade overlooking the bow of the ship. Tuor's ship led them in a south and west direction, out of the passage to the Inner Sea.

'We will soon be turning north and east toward the shores of Middle-earth, then to the river site where first you boarded. Once all are safely returned to the Barrow Downs, I will board Tuor's ship and we will sail into the West, upon the Straight Way and leave this world. Will you not come with us?'
Old 06-22-2002, 01:51 AM   #451
Rose Cotton
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Sting

Rose woke feeling refreshed. It took a minute to figure out where she was then she saw Mith and remembered. He was still resting so she went out onto the deck. As she went by she heard Idrill say, "Once all are safely returned to the Barrow Downs, I will board Tuor's ship and we will sail into the West, upon the Straight Way and leave this world. Will you not come with us?"

Rose turned to listen. She didn't want to eavsdrop but she felt that she shouldn't interupt this conversation. Not yet at least. She didn't want Pio to leave them. Rose hid behind a crate to listen.
Old 06-22-2002, 02:57 AM   #452
Veritas
Wight

Veritas has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

ooc: Been not here for one whole day, and see what happened, I missed the whole show. [img]smilies/frown.gif[/img] ::

After the return of the Frodo, Sam, Pio, Child and Birdie Veritas went sleeping in her cabin.

She was back at the Fields, but it looked s trange, it was the field they left behind, the trees were dead, and no living creature was there. They ran around the fields, were was Gimli, or Kettle? Gone... She only saw that bird again, the hawk...

With a scream Veritas woke up, ah, it was a nightmare. But still she was restless and wanted to go to the fields as quick as possible.

She went to the captain to ask how long it would take to come back at the fields.
Old 06-22-2002, 09:53 AM   #453
Child of the 7th Age

Sting

Child was sleeping soundly and sweetly when a horrible nightmare crept from nowhere and entered her brain. She saw Pio on the deck of a large Elven ship, her arm about Idril's waist, waving goodbye to her friends in the Downs. It was a very beautiful image, and Child absolutely hated it. She groaned and rolled over in her sleep, muttering: "No, no, Pio, don't do it, not yet. We have too many adventures to try out."
Old 06-22-2002, 10:19 AM   #454
Birdland
Ghastly Neekerbreeker

Sting

Birdie dreamed she was in the sea again, swimming through a blue-aqua world. Looking up, she saw footprints on the ceiling of the sea. Many, many footprints, all heading West.

Birdie surfaced, and tail-walking, looked out over the waves. There she saw all the Elves of Middle-Earth walking across the top of the waves and into a sky that blended perfectly with the horizon.

The last to come was Pio, walking side-by-side with Idril and Tuor. "Look, Birdie. I can walk on water, too." she said happily.

"But where are you going?" called Birdie.

"The Straight Road. It's the only way, you know," said Pio, looking straight ahead.

Birdie tried to follow, but a great wave rose up at that moment, and like a giant hand, pushed her, gently, but forcefully, to the bottom.

Birdie woke with a start, and swung her legs off the side of the bed. "No, she wouldn't, not yet!" She got up and stumbled towards the top deck.
Old 06-22-2002, 11:07 AM   #455
Rose Cotton
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Sting

As Birdie stumbled onto the deck Rose stayed her with a hand. "Shhh," she whispered. "I know what your thinking. But she has not said yes....yet. I want to see what she decides on her own." Birdie looked worried but she stayed in the shadows with Rose.
Old 06-22-2002, 02:08 PM   #456
Samwise
Faithful Spirit

Sting

Stacey and Primrose stood by the railing talking a while, when they heard scurrying feet to the side of them. Glancing over, Stacey caught sight of Birdie and Rose ducking behind some crates.

Prim: *quietly* What do you suppose that's about?

Stacey: *Also quiet* Dunno. I have an awful feeling it's not something good.
Oh, Lord, I'd pray for no more "adventures" right now, and thank you for bringing everyone back safe on this one, but If we have to go on another, please give us all strength.
Old 06-22-2002, 02:18 PM   #457
VanimaEdhel
Etheral Enchantress

VanimaEdhel has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to VanimaEdhel Send a message via MSN to VanimaEdhel
Silmaril

Menelduliniel wanders around the boat, lost, bored, and lonely...

"Someone need me somewhere?" Meneli begs...
Old 06-22-2002, 02:18 PM   #458
piosenniel
Desultory Dwimmerlaik

Sting

::Bird - I'm 'walking on water'? Quick, somebody knock my halo off!::

'Will you not come with us?' How many times and how many ways had she heard this question - a pronouncement, a demand, a summons. The expected answer always, 'Yes.' She rubbed her chin, and regarded Idril evenly.

'My answer is the same as when I first was asked by you: I will not go.'

A sadness crept into the Idril's eyes. 'This may be the last time that I can ask you.' she said. 'What is it that holds you here, and keeps you from your true home?'

'This is my home.', said Pio, opening her arms wide, and spun quickly, to embrace the horizon. 'I have not had my fill of Middle-earth - the sights, the sounds, friends old and not yet made, adventures new at every turning, the feel of my arm as the sword sings in mid arc. I wish to drink deep and long of all these offerings, and I cannot say that this thirst will ever be slaked. Can you not understand this?'

Pio's face softened at the sight of such sadness, and she took Idril's hands in hers. 'You will find the Light you desire and love in the West, and I will find it here - splintered, fragmented, and yet wholly pure.'

Idril turned from her and made her way back to Mithadan's room.

Pio stretched, and shook out her muscles as if to shake off the tension of the moment. She heard a soft scraping sound from the cartons stacked near the railing. Laughing, she called out: 'Rose, Bird come out of there. The loudness of your breathing gives you away. Not to mention the scent of barnacles out of water, Bird!' She reached her hand up to flick of a stray bit of seaweed from Bird's hair as she came forward.

'It's a glorious morning, isn't it? What say we have a swim and then find something to eat. Last one in's a drowned orc!', she laughed and ran for the side of the ship.
Old 06-22-2002, 03:13 PM   #459
Birdland
Ghastly Neekerbreeker

Sting

Birdie and Rose laughed and cheered, (perhaps disrespectfully if the Lady Idril was not out of hearing), but they were so happy to hear that Pio was not yet choosing to flee Middle-Earth to the West.

"I'll pass on the swim, right now, thank you, but I would like to use that solar shower, and some of Child's mint shampoo. I'm tired of everyone accusing me of smelling like barnacles!"
Old 06-22-2002, 03:19 PM   #460
Samwise
Faithful Spirit

Sting

Stacey looked down at Prim, who looked back up at her.

Stacey: Well, I guess whatever that was about turned out okay.

Prim: Yep. And you know what? Swimming sounds like a good idea right now. [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]
Old 06-22-2002, 04:04 PM   #461
Frodo Baggins
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Frodo Baggins has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

"Swim??? Not me!" Said a voice behind Stacey and Primrose.

"Frodo, why are you out here?"

"Well, I was restless, Sam is asleep, and I dont trust myself alone while Mith is around." he replied.
Old 06-22-2002, 04:08 PM   #462
Samwise
Faithful Spirit

Sting

Stacey shook her head.
Stacey: It's okay, Frodo. Mithadan was putting on for the Blue Wizards. He had to act like that so they would think he really was on their side.

Prim: Besides which, Uncle Frodo, Mister Mithadan is still in the sickbay.
Old 06-22-2002, 05:29 PM   #463
Rose Cotton
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Sting

Rose ran to the side of the deck. And laughed at the water now sparkling with the colors of the newly risen sun. "Pio! You have to teach me to swim properly!" she shouted down at the elf. "I've wanted to learn for awhile now. Um..could someone stay up here and come tell me when Mithadan wakes?"
Old 06-22-2002, 05:32 PM   #464
Samwise
Faithful Spirit

Sting

Stacey grinned.
Stacey: If we hear anything, we'll tell you.
Old 06-23-2002, 06:43 AM   #465
Rose Cotton
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Sting

"Thankyou " Rose laughed and jumped into the water.
Old 06-23-2002, 02:03 PM   #466
piosenniel
Desultory Dwimmerlaik

Sting

They hit the water with a great splash!! & sank a short distance beneath the waves. Rose reached the surface again a little before Pio and paddled water at her as she surfaced. The elf gave back as good as she got, and soon all thoughts of any 'lesson' were forgotten.

Rose signalled for a break, treading water just a few feet from Pio.

Pio flipped on her back, floating, and trailed her arms lazily in the foam. 'So, Rose, what are you going to do once we get back to the Downs. Do you think the Party site will still be up, or have they taken down the tents and pavillions and packed it all away?'

Shading her eyes with her left hand, she turned to see what Rose would say. Instead, she saw Rose's face, her mouth in a small surprised 'O' quickly disappearing beneath the surface.

[ June 23, 2002: Message edited by: piosenniel ]
Old 06-23-2002, 03:45 PM   #467
VanimaEdhel
Etheral Enchantress

Silmaril

Menelduliniel likes the look of the water and the swimming, so she finds a quiet spot ont he other side of the ship. She dives into the water and swims about for a while. She lays on her back in the water, floats, and closes her eyes.
Old 06-23-2002, 03:46 PM   #468
Samwise
Faithful Spirit

Sting

Stacey, who had been leaning on the rail, stood up as she saw Rose disappear.
Stacey: Rose!?
Old 06-23-2002, 03:46 PM   #469
Frodo Baggins
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Frodo Baggins has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

"Well, all right. I understand, I think. But it was still not nice. Acting or no I could never do a thing like that. But then that's just me. Maybe i will speak to Mith later, but I still dont trust myself"

Frodo sighed
Old 06-23-2002, 03:49 PM   #470
Samwise
Faithful Spirit

Sting

Just then Sam came stumbling up the deck, rubbing his eyes.
Sam: Mister Frodo? Miss Stacey? What's going on? What was that about Rose?
Old 06-23-2002, 03:53 PM   #471
VanimaEdhel
Etheral Enchantress

Silmaril

OOC: Hmmmm: should I start "Jaws Music" for your swimming scene, Pio and Rose? Or will this actually be a rare innocent moment in this RPG (to think: it started out as a mild party)
Old 06-23-2002, 08:54 PM   #472
Rose Cotton
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Sting

ooc:just when you thought the adventure was over. [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img] ::

Rose felt a tug on her leg and was pulled underwater.
Old 06-23-2002, 09:01 PM   #473
Samwise
Faithful Spirit

Sting

OOC: Yeah, Vanima, I know what you mean... [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]
---------------------------------------------
Sam snapped awake as he heard the splash and saw Rose go under. He ran to the railing.
Sam: Rosie!
Old 06-24-2002, 09:36 AM   #474
Mithadan
Spirit of Mist

Mithadan is a guest at the Prancing Pony.Mithadan is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
White-Hand

Dreams of fire and darkness plagued Mithadan's sleep. Over and over, he felt the pressure of the Blue Wizards on his mind as they sought to co-opt him to their cause. In his dreams he struck Sam and kicked Rose again and again. Green flame erupted from Pallando's staff but instead of being turned aside by his breastplate, the fire consumed him and all he loved. The catamaran burned. Tuor's ship shattered and plummeted into the depths. Orc blades hacked at his friends. He struck Sam...struck Rose...struck Sam.....

With a gasp, he awoke. He did not recognize his surroundings. Summoning his strength, he attempted to rise, but failed and collapsed with a groan. Darkness played at the edges of his vision and voices cried out from his dreams; Frodo threatening his life; Alatar gloating over his new servant; Rose accusing him of treachery. Another voice spoke with greater clarity. "Mith?"
Old 06-24-2002, 11:25 AM   #475
piosenniel
Desultory Dwimmerlaik

Sting

A few bubbles rose to the surface to mark where the hobbit had gone down. Then nothing.

Diving beneath the waves, Pio scanned the area for any sign of Rose. The ocean had gotten rougher, and vision was limited. She swam down further, where the motion was calmer. Still nothing.

Worried, she widened the area of her search, swimming in a spiral back to the surface.
Old 06-24-2002, 12:00 PM   #476
Samwise
Faithful Spirit

Sting

Stacey: Great. Just great.

Sam: Rosie, NO!

Stacey: Mister Baggins, get him out of here.

Frodo nodded and took Sam by the hand.

Sam tried to pull away.
Sam:Wait! Miss Pio had to have seen something!

Frodo pulled harder. He knew what Stacey was afraid of--Sam, in his all-out hard-headedness, would jump into the water after Rose, whether he could swim or not.

Finally, he managed to yank Sam around the corner of the cabin, and turn him with his back to the wall.

Frodo: Sam, don't be crazy! If you jumped in there, you'd drown yourself, and then what help would that be to Rose?

Sam sighed, a tear falling down his cheek. Sam:I know, Mister Frodo. I'm sorry.

Frodo shook his head, giving Sam a hug and letting the younger hobbit cry on his shoulder.
Frodo: It's all right, Sam. It's all right.

Looking over Sam's shoulder, Frodo saw that they were right by the sickbay, the door of which was more than ajar. On the bed inside, a sweaty, raven-haired head tossed, and its owner mumbled incoherently.

Frodo's eyes narrowed.

In his ear, he heard Sam's voice.
Sam: Mister Mithadan?

Sam turned to hear the wounded warrior cry out, and just in time to see him try to rise, but fail.

Sam rushed in the door. Frodo stood a moment with his lips set in a straight line, then followed.
Old 06-24-2002, 12:07 PM   #477
Child of the 7th Age

Sting

Child returns from several days of rest and relaxation which she has taken on the back of Angara flying here and there. She is soon dismayed to hear of Rosie's disappearance in the briny deep.

"Mith, Mith, wake up, stop having nightmares! Rosie's gone and seems to have gotten herself drownded."

"Mr. Frodo, Samwise, so you can't swim? I would strongly advise you to consider Mistress Goodchild's swimming lessons........Our motto: every hobbit a swimmer.....

[ June 24, 2002: Message edited by: Child of the 7th Age ]
Old 06-24-2002, 12:11 PM   #478
Samwise
Faithful Spirit

Sting

Frodo:Ai....

Sam:What about me, Miss? I really want to see what's goin' on down there.

Primrose: *Who has appeared at the door* Me, too!

Stacey, standing behind her, just shakes her head....
Old 06-24-2002, 12:16 PM   #479
Child of the 7th Age

Sting

"Oh, yes, Mr. Samwise. You're included too! Just remember that at one point your ancestors lived on the banks of the Anduin. I know you can do it!
Old 06-24-2002, 12:50 PM   #480
Mithadan
Spirit of Mist

Mithadan is a guest at the Prancing Pony.Mithadan is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
White-Hand

Mithadan roused himself at the sound of familiar voices. "Sam?" he said softly.

Samwise paused at the door and returned to the man's side. "Yes Mr. Mithadan," he answered.

"Sam, where am I?"

"On the Elven vessel, sir" responded the Hobbit. "The Wizards are defeated."

Mithadan fought for consciousness for a moment longer. "Sam. I'm not a traitor. You know that don't you? Sam... I'm sorry...so sorry..." His eyes closed again.

"Well, he won't be much help now, will he?" said Frodo.

The dreams returned. Piosenniel grasped him by the throat while Frodo approached holding Sting at ready. Mithadan moaned in his sleep...