The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Discussions > The Movies
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-03-2003, 03:27 PM   #121
Durelin
Estelo dagnir, Melo ring

Durelin is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Durelin is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Sting

I was thinking of having the first people to join be the officers. Hmmmm...that might be best. Unless someone has objections and a better idea, of course. But, for now, I am President, Aragorn2002 is Vice-President (for being the first member), Nalana you can be secretary, and I don't think we'll need a treasurer (sorry). I guess we're a "non-profit organization". Right. Nalana- as secretary, you really don't need to keep track of too much, unless you want to. I'm not going to make a big deal out of this! The President and Vice really just control things and stuff. I'm not going to put too much thought into it. I've been working on things about a website, it may be a little while though. Maybe not little either. Sorry. <P>ALL MEMBERS- please correct me if I say anything wrong, or if you do not like my plans, anything I plan is not final, usually it is just "spurr of the moment" thinking. (If you follow me!)
Durelin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2003, 03:46 PM   #122
Nalana
Animated Skeleton

Nalana has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Nalana
Sting

Yeah I understand what you mean Durelin. lol Whatever works, right? If you need any help, ideas, suggestions, you are sure welcome to ask me. well well... 4 pages in the thread.. not too shabby, i must say. lol
Old 01-03-2003, 04:03 PM   #123
Arwen Evenstar the Fair
Wight

Arwen Evenstar the Fair has just left Hobbiton.
Silmaril

Hey sounds good to me, no complaints here!! If ya ever need any help with anything let me know!!!!!!!!!
Old 01-03-2003, 04:05 PM   #124
Nurumaiel
Vice of Twilight

Nurumaiel has just left Hobbiton.
Shield

I'm going to join this club because..... I LOVED THE MOVIE! <P>~Nurumaiel
Old 01-03-2003, 05:23 PM   #125
VanimaEdhel
Etheral Enchantress

VanimaEdhel has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to VanimaEdhel Send a message via MSN to VanimaEdhel
Silmaril

I think that they had Haldir die to let the <I>actors</I> know that Elves could die...some of the things the Cast said in the Cast Commentary of Fellowship just made me want to scream...Elijah said that Saruman invented Orcs (I cannot repeat any of the words I said to the TV screen upon hearing that)...<P>And can I be an officer of some sort in the club?
Old 01-03-2003, 05:38 PM   #126
Helkahothion
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Helkahothion has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via ICQ to Helkahothion Send a message via AIM to Helkahothion
Dear Vanima,<P>Wow that good Saruman. He is so intelligent and smart. I wish I invented Orc's so I could create an evile empire and.........<P>Hey wait a minute. Saruman did not invented the Orc's now didn't he?<P>Hmm I gotta think this over.<P>Greetings,<P>Anuion
________
Cheap Portable Vaporizer

Last edited by Helkahothion; 03-07-2011 at 03:53 AM.
Helkahothion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2003, 05:57 PM   #127
VanimaEdhel
Etheral Enchantress

VanimaEdhel has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to VanimaEdhel Send a message via MSN to VanimaEdhel
Silmaril

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:<HR> Wow that good Saruman. He is so intelligent and smart. I wish I invented Orc's so I could create an evile empire and......... <HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>And that was one of the less-frustrating things that the Cast said...
Old 01-03-2003, 10:05 PM   #128
Coral
Haunting Spirit

Location: The wonderful (That was sarcastic) State of Maryland...
Coral has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Coral
Sting

I am strongly opposed to anything more then a messageboard type thingy for this club. If we had a website, it would ruin the purpose of the club. On this messageboard we may be somewhat of a minority in loving the movie, but beyond this we are just 32 in thousands. Also, do we really want people who haven't read the books to join? They have an un-biased opinion, that is what makes our group more unique, we have been able to look past the changes and love the movie for what it is. One more thing, CRAZY FANGIRLS! Do we need them? Did my post make any sense?
Old 01-03-2003, 10:21 PM   #129
Nalana
Animated Skeleton

Sting

Coral, I understand what you're saying. I was just wondering that since we had a 'club', did we want to add anything (such as a site, mb, whatever) to have more 'fun'(for lack of better term) in discussing a movie we all really enjoyed. So it really doesn't matter what we do, it won't break my heart either way. However, I completely understand what you're saying.
Old 01-03-2003, 10:26 PM   #130
Calenedheliel
Animated Skeleton

Calenedheliel has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

You can count me in!!! I love the movie and have seen it 7 times already. I am sick of people picking the movie apart bit by bit, I think they should consider themselves lucky to have a movie at all because it was a huge task and I don't think PJ did that bad a job.
Calenedheliel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2003, 10:26 PM   #131
Coral
Haunting Spirit

Sting

I just say lets have some cheapo messageboard and discuss the movie on it. We could just advertise it on here, eh?<p>[ January 03, 2003: Message edited by: Coral ]
Old 01-03-2003, 10:32 PM   #132
Nalana
Animated Skeleton

Silmaril

A Cheapo message board is fine with me. I didn't hope or really expect anyone to go all out for this, unless they really want to.
Old 01-03-2003, 10:35 PM   #133
Coral
Haunting Spirit

Sting

Durelin sent me a PM about it, it seemed she was going for a big website. We'll just have to wait for her to explain herself
Old 01-03-2003, 10:52 PM   #134
Nalana
Animated Skeleton

Sting

Okay. Thanks for telling us Coral. Well now... what would everyone's favorite scene(s) in the Two Towers be?
Old 01-03-2003, 11:02 PM   #135
Coral
Haunting Spirit

Sting

O.O Gollum's fish song in the forbidden pool! It's just so...beautiful *wipes away tear*
Old 01-03-2003, 11:13 PM   #136
Nalana
Animated Skeleton

Sting

*wipes away a few tears* oh yes... very emotional...*sniffles* I really did enjoy his performance. at times i forgot that he was digitally put there. and i really appreciated the two diff. camera angles to distinguish between the "two". lol<P>Oh yes, I really liked Helm's Deep. <BR>"toss me" i laughed so hard. and when gimli was jumping up and down "couldn't you have picked a better spot?" it was so funny with how he was jumping. there were so many things I enjoyed about the movie as a whole though.
Old 01-04-2003, 02:59 AM   #137
hollyann

Silmaril

COUNT ME IN!!! This is a great thread. I am so sick and tired of all "the purists" *****es ragging on these films. I think they like to ***** and moan and quote the books because they really want to prove to everyone that THEY know more about LOTR than anyone else. Too bad...no one knows more about LOTR than Peter Jackson and they are all just ****ed off that they can't be a part of movie making history. Peter Jackson is a genius and I thank God that someone like Spielberg didn't get his hands on it. Just watch the special edition DVD interviews with PJ talking about the film...he is so in love and proud of this project and would never do anything to jeopardize the stories. This is a amazingly difficult project to translate to the screen and I don't think anyone else could have done it. PJ was born to create these fantastic films. I love the books AND I love the movies...can I please be the president of this club???
Old 01-04-2003, 06:50 AM   #138
Helkahothion
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Helkahothion has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via ICQ to Helkahothion Send a message via AIM to Helkahothion
Dear Coral,<P> <BLOCKQUOTE>quote:<HR> Also, do we really want people who haven't read the books to join? They have an un-biased opinion, <HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>Hm correct me if I'm wrong sweety, but isn't this a club for people that liked the MOVIE?<P>Greetings,<P>Anuion
________
Hash Honey Oil

Last edited by Helkahothion; 03-07-2011 at 03:54 AM.
Helkahothion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2003, 07:17 AM   #139
alkquareiel02
Animated Skeleton

alkquareiel02 has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

I loved the TTT i thought it was excellent so much so i have seen it twice and gonna go and see it again! I know it isn't the same as the book but all the same it is a wicked movie I luv it i luv the first one too!!
alkquareiel02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2003, 07:20 AM   #140
alkquareiel02
Animated Skeleton

Sting

sorry forgot to ask lol but can i join this club??
Old 01-04-2003, 01:55 PM   #141
Coral
Haunting Spirit

Sting

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:<HR>Hm correct me if I'm wrong sweety, but isn't this a club for people that liked the MOVIE?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>Oh god, sorry...that was a spur of the moment thing. I was trying to make some point but I'm not sure what is was...Just forget that sentence...
Old 01-05-2003, 11:43 AM   #142
Durelin
Estelo dagnir, Melo ring

Durelin is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Durelin is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Sting

Cool! 4 pages and 37 members! Well, I looked at message boards and domain stuff and I found that it was going to take a while if I want to avoid having to pay, which I definetly want to do. I am not shooting for a big site, I would like to but I don't have the time or money. For now this club can talk here and in an AOL group I made last night. That's the best I can do for now. Thankyou for being willing to help, I will definetly take advantage of that! Also, anyone can join and people, you don't have to ask! I want to get as many people as I can together who loved the movie, I'm not going to be doing background checks or something. Well, thankyou members for joining and being understanding. Go here: <A HREF="http://groups.aol.com/tttmovielovers" TARGET=_blank>http://groups.aol.com/tttmovielovers</A> <P>I had an insight about Haldir dying. I just saw the movie and was interested by how Haldir looks around at the dead around him with a strange expression on his face. It kind of looked like he was thinking "So this is what it's like to die." Since Elves are immortal and there hasn't been a war in some 3000 years (according to Elrond) so there culture does not deal with the fact of death, they are never taught anything about it because they will most likely never have that experience. Anyway, just a thought.<P>This sucks, I can't use smilies or instant UBB code. I think it's my computer or Internet provider. I can do it manually but it is so much more hassle!<p>[ January 05, 2003: Message edited by: Durelin ]
Old 01-05-2003, 11:48 AM   #143
Durelin
Estelo dagnir, Melo ring

Sting

Wait a minute...I don't know if non-AOL members can join AOL groups. Can they? (Sorry, I'm okay with computers, but I need a lot of help sometimes)
Old 01-05-2003, 01:13 PM   #144
Nalana
Animated Skeleton

Ring

Hey Durelin, it's alright. You're doing a good job! I'm only in AIM, not aol, but I could get in and join the club. But any members not in aol at all, can't join. But i don't know who isn't in aol. *ahem* anyway, good point with Haldir, though. It was so sad seeing him die. For some reason when Aragorn told Haldir to pull back or whatever, i got a sense that something bad was going to happen to Haldir. did anyone else get that feeling?
Old 01-05-2003, 01:19 PM   #145
Durelin
Estelo dagnir, Melo ring

Sting

You see um the thing is um that I had my friend create it and I am on Erols, though I want AOL. Sorry. I've got the free startup disk for 45 days though, I'll have to use it. I've wanted AOL for a while. Got to talk to me dad. Not good. Oh well, carry on without me for now, I'll be there real soon...I hope...
Old 01-05-2003, 02:44 PM   #146
Nalana
Animated Skeleton

Sting

Awe... well we'll all miss you there, but we can still talk to you on here.
Old 01-05-2003, 02:45 PM   #147
Durelin
Estelo dagnir, Melo ring

Sting

Oh, I'll get there soon! I'm going to keep bugging my dad!
Old 01-05-2003, 02:57 PM   #148
Nalana
Animated Skeleton

Ring

Go Durelin. Now we just hope he doesn't get tired of you bugging him, right? lol <P>Well I don't want to get off topic or anything, so what character's performance did you like? I really liked Gollum simply for the fact that it was digitally done and it seemed like it wasn't. Legolas for that his character became more developed. Like he really started to open up more for being around Aragorn and Gimli longer. Gimli for that he gave good comic relief, yet he still was serious and still a good warrior (ex: after being 'tossed' by Aragorn. Did you see him? he was kicking butt!) <P>there were more characters that I did enjoy. Sam that he really did protect frodo and frodo helped protect sam as well. I did like Pippin. You could tell that he made a lot of progress from being somewhat of an insecure hobbit, to a stronger one.
Old 01-06-2003, 01:25 AM   #149
alkquareiel02
Animated Skeleton

Sting

Coral i hate to say this but i do like the movie why else would i ask to join this club?? I like them both and why would i want to see it for the third time if i didn't like it? coz i do.
Old 01-06-2003, 11:11 AM   #150
Durelin
Estelo dagnir, Melo ring

Sting

Coral didn't say anything to you, atleast not on the thread, she was just sharing some thoughts about the idea of a website/forum. I didn't see anything directed toward you alkquareiel
Old 01-06-2003, 11:18 AM   #151
Durelin
Estelo dagnir, Melo ring

Sting

I forgot, I found I was wrong in the member count, we have 39 members! I now have an official updated list. I'm working on a small site, thankyou for your patience! <P>TO EVERYONE WHO CARES: You don't have to ask to join the club, just say you loved the movie and want to join, you can give an explanation of what you loved best, or why you loved it, but it is definitely not required. Thankyou everyone!
Old 01-07-2003, 01:19 AM   #152
alkquareiel02
Animated Skeleton

Sting

ok Duralin it just looked that way so i'm not that bothered just thought it was aimed at me. No probs k
Old 01-07-2003, 01:20 AM   #153
alkquareiel02
Animated Skeleton

Sting

Sorry Durelin spelt ur name wrong lol
Old 01-07-2003, 11:01 PM   #154
DarkElf35

Pipe

Well, I'm in!! How could I NOT be, it rocked!! I'm seeing it again!!
Old 01-07-2003, 11:02 PM   #155
DarkElf35

Pipe

ps: who likes my leggy pic!?
Old 01-08-2003, 04:49 PM   #156
Nalana
Animated Skeleton

Sting

Hey DarkElf, welcome to the club. and I like your legolas pic very much
Old 01-08-2003, 05:05 PM   #157
Davin
Wight

Davin has just left Hobbiton.
Tolkien

Who's this Legolas you speak of??? (j/k)<P>Count me in..TTT rocked!!!!!

»»The Telmena««
Davin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2003, 06:33 PM   #158
Arwen Evenstar the Fair
Wight

Arwen Evenstar the Fair has just left Hobbiton.
Silmaril

lol, cool pic Dark Elf!!! Welcome!
Old 01-15-2003, 05:49 PM   #159
Durelin
Estelo dagnir, Melo ring

Sting

Cool! Two more members! Welcome! Um...I know I've been gone a while, it's cause of school! I just finished a "rough draft" of my research paper on hobbits a few days ago, then I was sick, on Orli's birthday, and I still aren't caught up in math! Argh! Anyway, Happy belated Birthday to Orlando Bloom! 26 years old! Okay, website...um...I'm trying! Well, will people come if there is a website? I know some will but if only like 5 people do it's going to get boring. But I also want to make an officer change, but I'm not sure how...it's just that Aragorn2002 hasn't shown up since the first day...oh well...
Old 01-15-2003, 06:51 PM   #160
Nalana
Animated Skeleton

Sting

I know what you mean Durelin. I have had finals out the wazoo last week, and i'm now in a new semester, which will allow me to come back and post here. yay. Well I saw the movie again for the 3rd time, on Sunday.. oh no! only 3?!?! i better pick it up!! J/K!!! haha