The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Fun and Games > Middle-earth Mirth
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-14-2008, 01:06 AM   #201
McCaber
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

McCaber has been trapped in the Barrow!
Not a lot has happened here today, but I suppose I take part of that blame. Well, on to business.

Gwath sounds innocent to me. I mean, he certainly talks enough (jk, folks).

On my "possibly, nay, probably a werewolf" list goes Nogrod, for an attempt to bandwagon away from a wolf, along with Sally.

Boro, well, I'm not sure what to think about him yet, except that I should think about him.

I'm really tired, so I'll be back tomorrow.
McCaber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2008, 02:03 AM   #202
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Location: Wearing rat's coat, crowskin, crossed staves in a field behaving as the wind behaves
Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via MSN to Nogrod
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gwath
Overall: Nogrod banters a bit, makes some good points, posits interesting theories, and seems hell-bent on finding me guilty one way or another.
Now who's the one overexaggerating...

BUt now I think I finally understand where this misunderstanding stems from:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gwath
I think he is way too interested in establishing my guilt, to the point that my guilt has become the basis of his arguments against me, and, essentially, the premises are being tailored to fit the conclusion.
Yes, I'm interested in "establishing" - well to be more precise: studying the possibility of - anyone's guilt as we need to find the wolves. One of the tested ways to do it is to look at someone's posting you feel act wolvishly and to see how it would fit were s/he a wolf. So yes, I'm looking at Gwath from the point of view of him being a wolf and seeing whether the pieces would fit (and the same goes with Brinn). I wouldn't say I'm tailoring the premises to fit but I'm trying to look at whether they do.

Before we have any hard evidence that's sadly one of the only ways to go forwards.

And there's the important added plus in that method for it always makes those who have been speculated about to react and those reactions may be very telling indeed.

So Gwath - and Brinn - I'm not particularly keen to get you two lynched as such. I'm keen on getting a wolf and you are the two I have studied a little bit because of some initial reactions of mine. YesterDay evening I was keen on getting Gwath lynched because I felt him the most suspicious, right. But if I come up with better candidates I'll be more than happy to change my focus.

OOC: I slept later than I had planned and am running to the choir-seminary now. I'll be able to post yet toDay, even if less than I hoped for.
Nogrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2008, 02:35 AM   #203
Lalwendë
A Mere Boggart

Lalwendë is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Lalwendë is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rikae View Post
This I don't get at all. Why....?
There's nothing odd in pointing out I'm curtains tonight. Kath was the wolves' victim last night, she also voted for Brinn. Sadly it's such an easy kill for them to make to eat me. It will make everyone think "Oh, Brinn must be the wolf! She's killed Kath and Lal." Even if she isn't. Perhaps because she isn't. It's a gift-horse of a smoke-screen.

Bum! I'm going to have to be really, really careful who I vote for now.
Old 09-14-2008, 02:46 AM   #204
Isabellkya
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Isabellkya is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Nogrod..

Day One:
#13 - IC
#18 - Banter
#22 - Comments on Boro's quick mind change, it is interesting
Mith's suspicion of him is not unexpected, but the timing/placement is interesting.
Doesn't mind the continuous IC, as long as wolves do it as well.
#75 - IC
#78 - Replies to Boro's inquiry on his thoughts of Rikae's Ordo claim. States interested in her motive. Sympathizes with her.
#80 - Gwath discussing Rikae in post #31 caught his eye, and his actions after rang alarm bells.
#83 - Vote tally.
#96 - Directs at Mith about bringing up a misread on his part.
Is battling himself about Gwath. He looks wolfy and has reasons, but not completely sure about him - having been wrong about him before.
Will vote for Gwath if there isn't a Sub, no better cases, or if he doesn't have to try and save a less guilty one.
Unhappy with subs and non-contributors
#99 - time check
#102 - Replies to Mith's comment of being right about his paranoia.
#106 - Banter. Continue with wolf hunt.
#113 - Inquires about Gwath votes. Boro, CoD, Brin all with two. Brin is best choice, CoD is annoying, won't vote for Boro for being himself.
#123 - If Brin innocent - good to have around. Can see why Brin could be a wolf, though not too confident of her guilt.
#130 - CoD is easy, and probably wrong. Wants Boro around. Gwath over defensive. Inquires about others' thoughts.
#135 - Tries for Gwath, votes.
#138 - Questions about tie.
#141 - Boro is hero, or great bluffer.

In #113, he is shopping around for votes. I think if he really wanted to lynch Gwath, then maybe he should've delved into him a bit deeper.
He also thinks Brin is the best choice out of the three-way tie, but he hadn't made a case against her, or even really stated why. Why not?
He also finds CoD annoying - who had made a total of two posts. Why was he annoying? Lack of contribution?

In #123, he says he can see how Brin could be a wolf, but doesn't say why.

#135, he votes for Gwath. Having already stated he was unhappy with the lack of contributors, did you honestly think you were going to get the rest of the people who hadn't voted yet, to lynch Gwath? There hadn't seemed to be takers on voting for him - as you shopped a few times before actually voting. There was little time, and people left to do so. I think if anything, this was a throw away vote.

Day Two:
#163 - Thinks unlikely a wolf among the CoD voters, though possible.
Doesn't think that a wolf is among the list that CoD had suspected.
Divides everyone into two categories - probably safe and where 1 or 2 wolves could be lurking.
#166 - Wants to know who will innocent claim next.
States that Brin has said some things, which should have a second look at.
Gwath is his first suspicion, Brin his second.
#167 - Banter
#171 - Points Gwath to his suspicions on him.
#178 - Compares day one hating activity vs. theorize day ones.
Wolves can hide easier in random, day one hating days.
#180 - Replies to Boro. States it is a good idea for someone to look at Brin, and he will look at Sally.
His day one suspicions against Brin were not lynch worthy, yet combined with his suspicions of her for toDay, felt they should be brought forward.
#182 - Agrees with Mith on CoD's competency and resourcefulness.
Thinks Gwath is a nervous wolf under pressure.

I think how he pointed out that the wolves could hide easier in the more random, day one hating days - is odd to me. I think it is just, how he said it.
There are a number of exchanges between Nog and Boro - they are obvious and out in plain view - so I don't think they are wolf mates. However, it could be a very bold move.

I don't know if I would vote for Nog, but I definately have my eye on him.

Sally...

Day One:

#33 - Into, IC, Banter.
#35 - Finds Fea's wolf comment interesting.
#38 - Banter.
#69 - Disagrees with CoD's vote of Day One. Kind of does a 'wth'.
#92 - Boro, CoD, Brin, Rikae are top votees.
Boro is to together.
CoD Votes but doesn't - never played with him, so she'll leave it alone for the day.
Brin - over apologizes.
Rikae - The comment which was paired with her vote for Sally.
First choice is Boro.
#118 - Between Boro and Brin for voting. Wants to figure CoD out, not keen on voting him.
#121 - Wonders about semi-concensus on Brin.
#125 - Still considering vote.
#136 - Agrees CoD has been the least helpful, but can't vote in good conscience.
Votes for Boro.

Overall, I think there is more banter and joking around than there is discussion. But I think it is just how she is, so can't call her wolfy just because of that. I could, but that would just be silly.
She has CoD has a top votee and says she is going to leave it alone for the day. But repeatedly states it and brings him up in further posts.
If you can't in 'good conscience' vote for someone, then why would you put them on your vote list?
It seems to me, that the reasons for her vote list, are stretched and forced.
In #125 when you were still considering your vote, you said it was because of Nog's post #123. That he was speaking the truth. Were you considering because you agreed with what he said about Brin, or because you were waiting for him to make his vote?

Day Two:

#195 - Questions killing of Kath, says it is random.
Figures she misjudged CoD, and was right he looked funny.

Well, that took longer than I thought it would. I'll continue tomorrow, err later today before I head off to work. I need to go to sleep now, waaay late.

x'ed since my last post.
Old 09-14-2008, 03:18 AM   #205
Lalwendë
A Mere Boggart

Lalwendë is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Lalwendë is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
I don't really find Sally shady. I think, like Boro, she is (was) a bit all over the place. There's nothing really sinister there.

Nogrod and Gwath are too verbose (that long post of Gwath's was not what I wanted to see on a Sunday morning ). However verbosity can simply be the sign of a cobbler, and wolves might be less chatty to be honest. Either way, it'd be amusing for a wolf to see as they're going to finish each other off if they carry on.

In direct contrast, what about the silent ones?

CoD wasn't over talkative yesterday, nor was Kath, and both of them are dead now. It was worth taking a punt on lynching a quiet one as it turned out yesterday. And as I might be wolf meat tonight anyway, I may decide to take a wild card for my lynch vote and have a punt on someone quiet.

So I'm watching these today: McCaber, Isabellkya, Nerwen, Fea.....with Nilp most likely to be drawn out of my bag for a vote if no obvious wolves turn up.
Old 09-14-2008, 03:42 AM   #206
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via AIM to Boromir88 Send a message via MSN to Boromir88
Quote:
I don't really find Sally shady. I think, like Boro, she is (was) a bit all over the place. There's nothing really sinister there.~Lal
She wasn't all over the place. She consistently said me and Brin were her top suspects, and after the initial "what the heck" reaction to CoD, she defends him several times afterwards.

She tied me with CoD. Mac's vote for CoD broke the 3-way tie and in a cross post, sally voted for me tying it back up. When sally voted she most likely thought she was breaking the tie (even if she didn't assume that she was still diverting from CoD), thus she was making a deliberate effort to save CoD and lynch me.

I admit I didn't think he was a wolf, but I didn't have a "wth" reaction to CoD's vote and then defend him through the rest of the day after saying I would let him be.

Quote:
He also thinks Brin is the best choice out of the three-way tie, but he hadn't made a case against her, or even really stated why. Why not?~Isabell
Good point, and then he casts a throw away vote for Gwath. Something I'm not used to seeing from Nogrod. I remember back when we were all younger Mith going on about Nogrod's need to stay until the dead line and poll/organize the voting. And Nogrod was doing that yesterday, it's a really nice thing to at least have some order at dead line, if that person isn't a wolf. What's so strange about Nogrod, is after polling around, being involved, trying to see the options (and saying Brin would be the best choice) he chooses to stay out of the action and cast a throw away vote.

Quote:
I think how he pointed out that the wolves could hide easier in the more random, day one hating days - is odd to me. I think it is just, how he said it.
I don't know how odd that is. Nogrod will say that whether he's a wolf or an innocent.
Old 09-14-2008, 05:39 AM   #207
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor

Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Send a message via Skype™ to Nerwen
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lalwendë View Post
Wolf Feint Theory
If CoD was nominated by one of his fellow wolves as a feint, then it didn't work. And if that was the case, then whichever one of them did it should be clear, because they obviously weren't around at the deadline to save him. That should be easy to work out. There's Mccaber, Isabellkya, Mith and Mac. Any of those not around at deadline should be suspects, going by that hypothesis.
As somebody (Rikae?)has already said, that really doesn't make sense.

Quote:
Boro cannot be a wolf or he'd have jumped onto one of those bandwagons to save CoD and not randomly voted for moi. He gave no reason to be umming and ahhing and waiting til the end for nefarious reasons, he clearly had no clue.
Or he was waiting to see who else (other than CoD) would get the most votes. Or he's the cobbler. I should have thought both of these possibilities were fairly obvious.

Quote:
If Brinn is the wolf then I'm certainly for it tonight. Though of course, if she is not, then I might be anyway, as this will for sure cast her in a bad light if I get wolf-mauled so making me ideal wolf food. Either way, I might be curtains.
Quote:
There's nothing odd in pointing out I'm curtains tonight. Kath was the wolves' victim last night, she also voted for Brinn. Sadly it's such an easy kill for them to make to eat me. It will make everyone think "Oh, Brinn must be the wolf! She's killed Kath and Lal." Even if she isn't. Perhaps because she isn't. It's a gift-horse of a smoke-screen.
Why do you keep saying this? How can you know what the wolves are up to?

Quote:
CoD wasn't over talkative yesterday, nor was Kath, and both of them are dead now. It was worth taking a punt on lynching a quiet one as it turned out yesterday. And as I might be wolf meat tonight anyway, I may decide to take a wild card for my lynch vote and have a punt on someone quiet.
I'm never keen on people announcing they're going to vote at random. Yes, innocents do this... but it's such a ridiculously easy way out. Also, what does that first sentence mean? Kath wasn't a wolf!
Old 09-14-2008, 05:44 AM   #208
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Quote:
Boromir88: I still see him as sensible and not very supicious. I wonder if that's partly because he's been defending me. Hmm...I have a habit of trusting people who defend me...I better be careful...~Brin
Well, I'm not looking for any sort of alliance (despite what Rikae says ). When I have no sort of gifted information, my only hope of getting a wolf is putting my trust in certain people. I genuinely think I can trust you and Mith, and so far you've done nothing to make me think otherwise. It's not like I'm looking for some sort of tribal pact where we agree not to vote for eachother. I might not agree with who you suspect, you probably don't agree with mine, but generally I trust you're being helpful, in a good way, thus you're innocent. If you're a wolf, congrats you've fooled me, next chance our paths cross we'll see if you can do it again.

Nogrod's known for wild conspiracies/bluffs, but after going back through Brin's posts, I don't even think his suspicions against Brin have made it to the ballpark:
Quote:
I don't think anyone has said that. But if you're a wolf and saw Kath coming out of the blue just stating her suspicion & vote, you might think she could be the seer. And seers will have to go whatever the cost - even if it means the death of the seer frames one wolf. The seer is too dangerous not to be killed at the first possible instant.~Nogrod
In my post 150 I specifically told Brin to check out my theory that she's a wolf, thought Kath was the seer who dreamed of her, and thus killed her; or the wolves were setting her up. You are referring to Brin's post 154, where she responds to the post I made, specifically asking her what she thought about that theory. Your insistance that Brin brought it up out of nowhere looks strange.

Quote:
Understandably you feel an urge to purify your name and so you try to come up with every possible reason why the theory doesn't hold. Then you come up with a) I wouldn't kill someone for just voting me & b) and the seer wouldn't have dreamt of me anyway...

Now these surely might be things you could come up with and defend both of them. It's only that bringing them up together looks kind of fishy. I mean if you were an innocent you wouldn't probably think it that way, if you get what I mean.~Nogrod
If you're insinuating that she pre-planned the defense over night, I didn't get that impression at all. It's not like she mentioned this "defense" right off the bat, at the beginning of the day, she responded to me (it looks like about 24 minutes after I had asked).

Quote:
And to add one small thing more; if you're an innocent why do you speculate about yourself being dreamt of in that fashion? If you're an innocent a seer dream means you're a known innocent by now. It's not something you should be afraid of or in need to convince others that has not happened - or that you would not expect that it has happened...
This really makes no sense, Kath wasn't the seer, and thus Brin was defending herself against my "theory," that she was a wolf and thought Kath was the seer. You're making it sound like she's been stressing "I wouldn't kill someone simply because they voted for me, and I wouldn't be a seer dream on night 1 anyway." If she was, then I'd say you raise a really good point, but the only time she has said her "defense" was when I asked her at the beginning of the day and when you've brought it up again.

Right now I'm unsure about Gwath and Nogrod. I don't like the way Nogrod went after Brin earlier today, because I think it's way out there. But I really don't like Gwath's last post against Nogrod. His primary reasons are from Day 1:

Quote:
1. Nogrod is inclined to find me guilty because I am making assertions about other people, which I profess to not doing when I am a wolf, playing "low-key."
That's something he said at the beginning of Day 1, and I'm sure he'd admit were pretty weak. I mean you're not going to find any "quality" reasons to vote for someone on Day 1 and this was something Nogrod pointed out early.

Quote:
2. According to Nogrod, it is strange for me to profess to "thinking on-screen."
Again something Nogrod pointed out early, and I'm not sure how that makes him a wolf.

Quote:
3. Because I claim to be a low-key wolf, my statement in a later post that I am not trying to fly under the radar - in other words, not trying to play low-key - looks mighty suspicious.
Goes back to the "low-key" argument.

Quote:
He makes some good points, but I disagree that the wolves HAVE to kill whoever they think the seer is right away, even if it means casting heavy suspicion on a fellow wolf.
Umm, no they do.

Quote:
Overall: Nogrod banters a bit, makes some good points, posits interesting theories, and seems hell-bent on finding me guilty one way or another.
Yes, a little over-reaction there?

edit: crossed with Nerwen

Last edited by Boromir88; 09-14-2008 at 05:48 AM.
Boromir88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2008, 06:05 AM   #209
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor

Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boromir88 View Post
Nogrod's known for wild conspiracies/bluffs, but after going back through Brin's posts, I don't even think his suspicions against Brin have made it to the ballpark:

In my post 150 I specifically told Brin to check out my theory that she's a wolf, thought Kath was the seer who dreamed of her, and thus killed her; or the wolves were setting her up.
I just want to say this: why would a Brinnwolf pick Kath as a possible Seer, anyway? Kath was the third person to suspect Brinn, and the third to vote her. She didn't say anything remotely Seerish, that I noticed.
Old 09-14-2008, 06:22 AM   #210
Lalwendë
A Mere Boggart

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nerwen View Post
As somebody (Rikae?)has already said, that really doesn't make sense.
I don't suppose it would, but then I was pondering some suggestions that another wolf had voted for CoD and what implications it might have. For the record, I don't think a wolf would vote for another wolf, because I've been a wolf before and it doesn't work like that.

Quote:
Or he was waiting to see who else (other than CoD) would get the most votes. Or he's the cobbler. I should have thought both of these possibilities were fairly obvious.
Yeah, Boro could be a cobbler, as he was all over the place yesterday, but I happen to think he was just a bit keen on getting stuck into the game with nowt to go on.

Quote:
Why do you keep saying this? How can you know what the wolves are up to?
Again, cause I've been a wolf before. If I was one again I know I'd eat me up tonight.

Quote:
I'm never keen on people announcing they're going to vote at random. Yes, innocents do this... but it's such a ridiculously easy way out.
I know, yeah.

Quote:
Also, what does that first sentence mean? Kath wasn't a wolf!
She was quiet yesterday, didn't interact with anyone, therefore was an easy kill for them to make without leaving tracks.

Anyway, enough of the courtroom drama, I might take a punt on not voting for Brinn to be lynched today, despite yesterday's suspicions.
Old 09-14-2008, 06:51 AM   #211
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor

Quote:
I don't suppose it would, but then I was pondering some suggestions that another wolf had voted for CoD and what implications it might have. For the record, I don't think a wolf would vote for another wolf, because I've been a wolf before and it doesn't work like that.
It does these days, let me tell you!

However, while wolf-on-wolf voting is now quite the thing, I think the circumstances make it less likely than usual this time. If any of the four is a wolf, it's mostly probably a.) McCaber (casts the first vote on CaptainofDespair, when several other people had already been voted– may have thought it a safe way of distancing himself from his fellow) or b.) Mithalwen (may have thought CoD was doomed anyway).

Anyway, you still haven't explained how wolves who had already voted could save their fellow at the deadline.

Quote:
Again, cause I've been a wolf before. If I was one again I know I'd eat me up tonight.
And I've been a wolf before, and I wouldn't. If all wolves were that predictable, this game would be a lot easier.

Quote:
She was quiet yesterday, didn't interact with anyone, therefore was an easy kill for them to make without leaving tracks..
Yes, but you were talking about her in the context of "taking a punt on someone quiet".
Old 09-14-2008, 07:54 AM   #212
Macalaure
Fading Fëanorion

Macalaure is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Macalaure is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Macalaure is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
A bunch of comments while reading along:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mith
Kath is a very good player who hadn't been around much. She also wasn't an obvious choice for ranger protection.
I don't agree with the latter part. The chances for a ranger to be successful are never slimmer than in Night 2. (edit for clarity: Mith's claim is correct of course, but I doubt it had a serious part in the wolves' decision)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brinn
Ah yes, the ranger...I almost forgot. Perhaps that's why the wolves didn't kill those who I thought would be more obvious choices. Good point.
It surprises me how quickly Brinn went for that latter part. It was something maybe worth remarking, but it was not an especially good point, I think.

I originally didn't think Kath was killed by Brinn. What Nogrod said in #166 is pretty much what my first impression of Brinn's #154 was, too, so I'll just refer to it here.

I can't claim that Brinn's#189 has convinced me any more. A positive thing to remark is, however, that at she doesn't try to dodge Nogrod's accusations or to divert from them.

Gwath's long post about Nogrod looks sincere to me, so I suspect him less right now. I more and more get the impression of two ordos bashing it out until both are lynched.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mith
I fully admit I am not the worlds greatest success story as a wolf cf my reply to Boro today but I am not spo rubbish that I would have killed a packmate when there was a three way tie nearly up to the wire and a possibility of a late pact.
Actually, looking at the way everybody seems to take my innocence nearly for granted today, it wouldn't have been such a bad tactic for a Mac- or Mithwolf. A few have pointed out the unlikeliness of a wolf-on-wolf thing and I keep on not agreeing with it. Out of the mouth (or from the fingertips) of a CoD-voter, it doesn't sound good.

I don't feel good about the Fea/Shasta squabble, but I can't make my mind up about which one looks wolvish or whether it's just another ordo-ordo thing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boro
In my post 150 I specifically told Brin to check out my theory that she's a wolf, thought Kath was the seer who dreamed of her, and thus killed her;
This I don't understand. You said, in the same post, that you "genuinely" think Brinn is innocent. Why were you interested in bringing up a wolf-theory about someone you think innocent, even urging the one to defend herself against it? And now you're criticising the ones who didn't think her defense was a good one.
Macalaure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2008, 07:54 AM   #213
Lalwendë
A Mere Boggart

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nerwen View Post
It does these days, let me tell you!

However, while wolf-on-wolf voting is now quite the thing, I think the circumstances make it less likely than usual this time. If any of the four is a wolf, it's mostly probably a.) McCaber (casts the first vote on CaptainofDespair, when several other people had already been voted– may have thought it a safe way of distancing himself from his fellow) or b.) Mithalwen (may have thought CoD was doomed anyway).
Both of those scenarios are disturbingly plausible if there was a wolf-on-wolf vote. McCaber is almost silent in the game and voted early on, while that's the kind of thing Mithalwen would do.

Quote:
Anyway, you still haven't explained how wolves who had already voted could save their fellow at the deadline.
By retracting and voting Boro. He'd have been a dead man for sure. Which suggests to me that none of that foursome - or at least those who weren't around at deadline time - are wolves. Not Mithalwen then. Though didn't she say something odd to Boro around that time about whether he actually wanted to be lynched?

Quote:
And I've been a wolf before, and I wouldn't. If all wolves were that predictable, this game would be a lot easier.
True, but then being predictable is a strategy if everyone expects you to be predictable and instead looks up the tricksy strategies

How long until deadline today then? I make it about 3 hours?

I'm thinking of voting for Nilp. Not been around and is very quiet and nobody has mentioned him. What's being hidden?
Old 09-14-2008, 08:00 AM   #214
Macalaure
Fading Fëanorion

Macalaure is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Macalaure is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Macalaure is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lal
I'm thinking of voting for Nilp. Not been around and is very quiet and nobody has mentioned him. What's being hidden?
I would discourage that. The chances of being successful with lynching such a quiet one twice in a row are very small.
Old 09-14-2008, 08:01 AM   #215
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

Alright, so I'm gonna have to vote here...

Quote:
In all seriousness though, I'd like to apologize to Boromir (and I absolutely hate having to apologize, it gives me indigestion, seriously!)~Shasta
Quote:
On that note, yay for his death (and an apology Boro; of the people I was considering voting, you kept jumping out at me.)~sally
Two people apologizing they voted for me. Now, I'm only waiting on you Fea.

Alright, Shasta said yesterday if we were both still alive today he would come back and explain in more detail.
Quote:
So I went back and looked (my Time-Turner finally came! Yay!), and in regards to my vote for Boro yesterday... what I thought was suspicious yesterday is in actuality more fluff. I thought I saw an indirect attack on both Rikae and Fea, but it doesn't look so much like that now.

...Which leads me to believe that it was Boro's latent phantomic tendencies ("hijacking" a discussion? Really?) that caused me to vote him.
Believe it or not, Fea, I actually buy this explanation. I have a tendancy to draw attention on Day 1 (that's partly my intention), and I can see why someone would think my comment about "hijacking the thread," was weird, thus that's as good of a reason as any on Day 1.

The only thing I don't quite get is why wait until today to explain it? You were under time constraints, but you were around at the end, thus could have explained yourself then. Did you want to see the outcome yesterday before giving me an explanation?

sally's apology is a little odder, because I don't get it. If you were trying to apologize for being wrong about CoD, fine, but why to me? I mean I appreciate it, but now I'm wondering who's doing the flattering here. If you were innocent and truly thought I was guilty, I wouldn't expect an apology unless I ended up lynched and proven innocent.

I'm between Gwath, Nogrod, and sally. I don't know if the stuff between Gwath and Nogrod are two innocents running in circles around eachother, or if one's an aggressive wolf. Sally for the reasons I've stated, but with her computer problems today I don't know if I want to vote for her without hearing some more.

edit: crossed with Mac oops and also Lal

Last edited by Boromir88; 09-14-2008 at 08:04 AM.
Boromir88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2008, 08:05 AM   #216
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor

Quote:
By retracting and voting Boro. He'd have been a dead man for sure.
No retractable votes. (See the admin thread.)

EDIT: X'd with Boro and Mac.
Old 09-14-2008, 08:09 AM   #217
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

Hmm...Lal might be creeping back up in my suspicions too. She's been saying some really strange stuff today (constantly saying she's going to be wolf-meat tonight?) Lal is an experienced wolf and I can't pin her behaviour as a wolf. She is making her activity known today, drawing attention to herself, so she could be the cobbler, just out to confuse us and try to turn the discussion away from the people she thinks are wolves.
Old 09-14-2008, 08:17 AM   #218
Lalwendë
A Mere Boggart

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac
I would discourage that. The chances of being successful with lynching such a quiet one twice in a row are very small.
I'll take more convincing than that. If I don't see anything else tasty I might stick to it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nerwen
No retractable votes. (See the admin thread.)
Fair dos!

Which then makes me wonder about those who did not vote....

Quote:
Hmm...Lal might be creeping back up in my suspicions too. She's been saying some really strange stuff today (constantly saying she's going to be wolf-meat tonight?)
Well I am, I'm gonna be a Wolf Big Mac.

Quote:
She is making her activity known today, drawing attention to herself
Just playin'. It beats doing the housework which is what I ought to be doing.
Old 09-14-2008, 08:20 AM   #219
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

Quote:
If I don't see anything else tasty I might stick to it.~Lal
(bold my emphasis)
Is that a Wolfreudian slip?
Old 09-14-2008, 08:28 AM   #220
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

I must be off...and I'm going back to:

++Lalwende

There's something evil behind her intentions today, I don't know if she's feeling the pressure, or what it is, but it doesn't look right.
Old 09-14-2008, 08:36 AM   #221
Lalwendë
A Mere Boggart

Quote:
I must be off...and I'm going back to:

++Lalwende

There's something evil behind her intentions today, I don't know if she's feeling the pressure, or what it is, but it doesn't look right.
You're always convinced I'm evil. I must have 'one of those faces' I suppose

Who is Wolfreud by the way? Sigmund's pet dog?
Old 09-14-2008, 08:37 AM   #222
Rikae
Mellifluous Maia

Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Lal might be thinking of the time she was a wolf with me, and I defended her quite vehemently right up until the deadline. However, I did that because a wolf would not normally be expected to!

Right now, my strongest feeling is that I don't like the way Brinn handles McCaber - and, furthermore, I don't like the way McCaber posts. I get the distinct impression she is trying to cover her bases where he's concerned (don't look like you're ignoring the possibility he's a wolf, but don't make it look like he actually is, either), while he is just poking his head in at the fringes of things, saying nothing that will elicit a response, and hoping no one notices him. Because Brinn is the more vocal of the two, I'm leaning toward voting for McCaber.

Two people that look more or less innocent to me right now are Gwath and Lal. Even though both have said things that didn't make much sense, they have been... innocently nonsensical... if that makes any sense. Everyone else, I haven't decided about. (Is Nilp on the verge of being modfired, or what?)

EDIT: X'd with Nerwen, and assorted Boros and Lals.
Rikae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2008, 08:43 AM   #223
Feanor of the Peredhil
La Belle Dame sans Merci

Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Send a message via MSN to Feanor of the Peredhil
Quote:
Two people apologizing they voted for me. Now, I'm only waiting on you Fea.
Don't hold your breath.

I see nothing but off-kilter motives in apologizing in a game where you don't know anything as an ordo. Ordinary villagers don't say "I'm so sorry!" unless they have incontrovertible evidence that they were incredibly wrong. Since a seer has NOT come forward to say that you, Boro, are innocent, then the only way that makes any sense for anybody to apologize to you is if they know your role. Not simply by intuition.

Because I know what I intuitively think you are, but that doesn't mean I'm going to apologize for any attempt I make on your life. 1) it's a game, and it's understood that it's a game. 2) why draw attention to yourself with a conspicuous display of confidence? 3) I'm not going to apologize for voting for you, because I'm highly likely to do it again.

I have to leave for work in a few minutes, and won't be back. That means a vote. And right now I'm tied between Shasta and Boro, for reasons that rationality don't yet support, but which I couldn't forgive myself for not acting on.

Let me shower and I'll vote upon my return...
Old 09-14-2008, 08:52 AM   #224
Lalwendë
A Mere Boggart

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rikae View Post

Right now, my strongest feeling is that I don't like the way Brinn handles McCaber - and, furthermore, I don't like the way McCaber posts.
I'm still fishy about McCaber. After what Nerwen said, and now after what you've just said, I have to admit he's looking shady. Plus he's so quiet it's eerie. However rather than drawing in Brinniel, I think it might implicate Mithalwen as Wolf 3, who I've felt more comfortable about than normal.
Old 09-14-2008, 09:03 AM   #225
Isabellkya
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Lalwende could be the Cobbler, and is trying to get the Ranger to protect her (in an odd way), so the wolves have a free kill tonight.
Old 09-14-2008, 09:04 AM   #226
Macalaure
Fading Fëanorion

Quote:
Hmm...Lal might be creeping back up in my suspicions too. She's been saying some really strange stuff today (constantly saying she's going to be wolf-meat tonight?) Lal is an experienced wolf and I can't pin her behaviour as a wolf. She is making her activity known today, drawing attention to herself, so she could be the cobbler, just out to confuse us and try to turn the discussion away from the people she thinks are wolves.
I don't like this one at all. The first part couldn't possibly be more generic ("strange stuff"). Then, as far as I'm aware, Lal is not an experienced wolf (third game, one time wolf, or do I mix things up?). This is a very old way of making someone look bad: just say that s/he is an experienced/dangerous wolf. It doesn't even need a context. Of course, you take it back right away and talk about cobblers and confusions.

I do think Rikae's and Nerwen's points against Lal have merit. This, however, along with the following vote, looks like an attempt to start a bandwaggon.
Old 09-14-2008, 09:07 AM   #227
Gwathagor
Shade with a Blade

Gwathagor is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Gwathagor is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Gwathagor is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Send a message via AIM to Gwathagor Send a message via MSN to Gwathagor Send a message via Skype™ to Gwathagor
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nogrod View Post

So Gwath - and Brinn - I'm not particularly keen to get you two lynched as such. I'm keen on getting a wolf and you are the two I have studied a little bit because of some initial reactions of mine. YesterDay evening I was keen on getting Gwath lynched because I felt him the most suspicious, right. But if I come up with better candidates I'll be more than happy to change my focus.
At first glance, this looks like hasty backtracking on Nogrod's part, especially given the intensity of the suspicion in his previous posts.
Old 09-14-2008, 09:15 AM   #228
Feanor of the Peredhil
La Belle Dame sans Merci

Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Send a message via MSN to Feanor of the Peredhil
++Boromir

(who could have seen that coming?)
Old 09-14-2008, 09:19 AM   #229
Rikae
Mellifluous Maia

Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
For the record, Mac and Brinn, I said I thought Lal looked innocent.
More so than either of you, in fact...
Old 09-14-2008, 09:20 AM   #230
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Location: Wearing rat's coat, crowskin, crossed staves in a field behaving as the wind behaves
Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Back at last... I just need to read things...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gwathagor View Post
At first glance, this looks like hasty backtracking on Nogrod's part, especially given the intensity of the suspicion in his previous posts.
You should see me when I'm intensive with my suspicions...
Old 09-14-2008, 09:25 AM   #231
Lalwendë
A Mere Boggart

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macalaure View Post
I don't like this one at all. The first part couldn't possibly be more generic ("strange stuff"). Then, as far as I'm aware, Lal is not an experienced wolf (third game, one time wolf, or do I mix things up?). This is a very old way of making someone look bad: just say that s/he is an experienced/dangerous wolf. It doesn't even need a context. Of course, you take it back right away and talk about cobblers and confusions.

I do think Rikae's and Nerwen's points against Lal have merit. This, however, along with the following vote, looks like an attempt to start a bandwaggon.
I've been a wolf just the once!

Actually, Boro could be the cobbler, spying an ideal opportunity to get my lynched following my points about how wolves pick out victims from the early nominations and how, therefore, my card are marked. And he does make the point that cobblers try and act in a confusing way - which he does!

And on that note, Isabellkya could also be one.

Where are the lurkers and shirkers anyway? Don't think you're getting away with it by hiding!
Old 09-14-2008, 09:31 AM   #232
Isabellkya
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Mith -> Gwath
Boro -> Lalwende
Fea -> Boro

o.O

I'm a Cobbler, because I said you could be?
Old 09-14-2008, 09:37 AM   #233
Isabellkya
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Voting time..

++Nogrod
Old 09-14-2008, 09:40 AM   #234
Lalwendë
A Mere Boggart

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isabellkya View Post

I'm a Cobbler, because I said you could be?
No, but because you say I'm trying to get the rangers to defend me. It could be a defence mechanism for a cobbler to bounce their own tricks back onto someone else who has been more active? And Boro does that too.
Old 09-14-2008, 09:51 AM   #235
Nilpaurion Felagund
Scion of The Faithful

Location: The brink, where hope and despair are akin. [The Philippines]
Nilpaurion Felagund is a guest at the Prancing Pony.Nilpaurion Felagund is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Boots Whee!

Lynch me, kkthx. (Vzv, I'm supposed to be a god o' rain, drop the /f/. )

All right, being serious . . .

Voting innocent: McCaber, Izzy, Mac, Mith

A Wolf-on-Wolf vote on DAY 1 is possible, but I don't think this one is. I'll explain in a separate post. In any case, the way they're posting toDAY corroborates their innocent auras. Speaking of posting . . .

Posting innocence: Nogrod's DAY 1 antics was rather suspicious, I would have voted for him yesterDAY (were I around then . . . ), but now his votes indicate his earnestness to get a Wolf-pelt today. He had me particularly and especially convinced with 166. Which means I'll more likely vote for Brinniel toDAY. But I'll try to get something original from my mind, too, so don't worry.

Boro looks rather earnest, too, but his feeling 'chummy' with Nogrod raises my eyebrows. A bit. But he's probably innocent.

Nerwen feels innocent, too.

More later, I'll have to chew page 6 properly, first.
Nilpaurion Felagund is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2008, 09:55 AM   #236
Gwathagor
Shade with a Blade

Gwathagor is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Gwathagor is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Gwathagor is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Send a message via AIM to Gwathagor Send a message via MSN to Gwathagor Send a message via Skype™ to Gwathagor
Since, at this point, there's no question in my mind who I am going to vote for, I may as well do it now.

++Nogrod

His arguments against me have, from the start, been forced, illogical, and exaggerative. I find him highly suspicious.

EDIT: Crossed with Nilpaurion
Old 09-14-2008, 09:57 AM   #237
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

I have just totally lost track with Lalwendë. For the most part of the Day I haven't got a clue what she's talking about. I mean why the insistence the wolves are willing to kill her the next Night if not for trying to get the ranger on her?

It might point to cobblerism then, as mentioned. Boro is my other candidate for cobbler but with him I'm a bit hesitant.

And anyway it's wolves we're after in the first place, cobblers should be lynched if we are totally at loss with the wolves and have a good idea of a cobbler.

I still think the points I made on Gwath yesterDay are worth considering but if you are not willing to consider them... then you are not. I'm not going to waste my vote two times in a row so I need to reconsider. But you guys should remember what I said about him when I'm gone.

EDIT: X'd with Nilp and Gwath
Old 09-14-2008, 10:01 AM   #238
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor

The Gwath-Nogrod thing...

I don't know what to think about Gwath... I can't get a read on him, and I did think his Day 1 post on Rikae was disingenuous.

But then, I'm also not keen on the way Nogrod and Mithalwen jumped on him when he said he would take Mith's word about CaptainofDespair's record, even though she "could be a wolf be as well".

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mithalwen View Post
How that pointing out that COD isn't an unsphisticated thinker makes me a wolf is beyond me.

Especially since he just agreed with Nogrod that it was unlikely that a COD voter were a wolf.

++Gwathagor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nogrod View Post
And why would Mith lie about CoD's abilities or history, how could lying in that kind of matters help her in the first place?

So who could make such a point then (Gwath's point that is)?

Someone with really original, basically idiosyncratic thinking-processes?
Someone who writes without thinking?
A nervous wolf under pressure trying to mirror anything so that people would talk of something else than him?

I think Gwath is none of the two first ones.
Which seems to me to be quite an over-reaction... also skirting the point Gwath was making initally, which is that it's not safe to assume people on a wolf's "suspect" list are not guilty (referring to Nogrod's "working-hypotheses" (#163) that both the people who voted CaptainofDespair and those he claimed to suspect –Macalaure, Rikae and Boro– could be assumed to be innocent).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macalaure View Post
I don't like it either... especially as I had been testing Lal to see if she was going to sprout fur, and had just concluded she probably wasn't.

Who else has played with her before?

EDIT: X'd since Rikae at #229.
EDIT 2: fixed quotes.

Last edited by Nerwen; 09-14-2008 at 10:06 AM.
Nerwen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2008, 10:02 AM   #239
Rikae
Mellifluous Maia

Nilp (and Brinn) what is this about Boro/Nog chumminess? Are you suggesting they are wolves together? That doesn't seem particularly likely, and it seems even less likely that, if they were, they would let any obvious "chumminess" show (in fact, I would expect one to get the other lynched, more probably).
Or are you suggesting that one is a wolf "buttering up" the other one? Does either of you have any specific quotes you'd like to point to? As it stands, this allegation of "chumminess" looks suspiciously vague and makes me uneasier about both Brinn and Nilp (especially Nilp, because he repeated Brinn's wording without adding to it, and while claiming to suspect her).
Old 09-14-2008, 10:07 AM   #240
McCaber
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

McCaber has been trapped in the Barrow!
All right, I'm back.

Yeah, I really don't like the way sally posted yesterDay, what with the "suspicion" of the Captain in quite a lot of posts but her vote trying to lead away from his death. (Old news, I know, but I just woke up. Give me a break.)

Between Gwath and Nogrod, I'd be more inclined to vote the latter. But right now I'd rather think they're both innocents looking for wolves in the wrong places.
McCaber is offline   Reply With Quote