The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Fun and Games > Middle-earth Mirth
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-24-2002, 12:53 PM   #1
Durelin
Estelo dagnir, Melo ring

Durelin is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Durelin is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Sting Creating...

The idea of this thread is to create strange new additions to Tolkien's Middle Earth. Lets start with a new race of people or creatures called Smurfs! No! Better name: Cabbits: a mix between cats and hobbits...wonder how that happened! [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]
Durelin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2002, 12:57 PM   #2
Aengthrea Greenleaf Of Mirkwood
Animated Skeleton

Aengthrea Greenleaf Of Mirkwood has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via ICQ to Aengthrea Greenleaf Of Mirkwood Send a message via AIM to Aengthrea Greenleaf Of Mirkwood
Sting

Ok sounds intresting! I thought Cabbit would be a mix between a rabbit and a cat haha! Guess it wasn't. Hmm Dolf its a mix between a dog and an elf! I know sounds lame thats the only one i couldthink of.
Old 11-24-2002, 01:24 PM   #3
Durelin
Estelo dagnir, Melo ring

Durelin is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Durelin is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Sting

Like mine wasn't totally lame! Cabbits have the habbit of being furrier than hobbits but not as furry as rabbits. Wow! I can rhyme! Um never mind. Cabbits also drink tea like hobbits, but they only like it after it has sat out for a few hours. Also, they are shorter than most hobbits when full grown - they only reach 2 feet at the most. They enjoy living underground but their holes are like rabbit holes, completely dirt and mud. They like to eat ground hogs and gophers that dig close to their holes and have an amazing sense of smell and hearing, being able to hear or smell a ground hog digging a full 3 yards from the wall of the cabbit's hole. Their language is the same as a hobbits though a few 'meows will slip into their speech every once in a while and they don't understand why. Interesting eh! What are Dolfs like?
Old 11-24-2002, 02:46 PM   #4
Aengthrea Greenleaf Of Mirkwood
Animated Skeleton

Aengthrea Greenleaf Of Mirkwood has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via ICQ to Aengthrea Greenleaf Of Mirkwood Send a message via AIM to Aengthrea Greenleaf Of Mirkwood
Sting

Hmm I'm going to make this short haha! Dolfs! Dolfs are about 5 ft tall. When they run, they run on all fours. They eat bread, stale bread, they are picky eaters so the bread must be 1-2 weeks old. When they drink they drink with there mouth in the water. They are messy eaters. But they are good in tracking down their enemy. They have a deadly aim with their bows. They have a good sense of hearing. The speak Elwof it's WOOF WOOF WOOF!

Mines soo pathetic haha! i'll try to think of things more. And yours isn't lame mine is haha!
Old 11-24-2002, 07:04 PM   #5
Arwen Melian
Wight

Location: Sometimes Imladris....sometimes Mirkwood...other times ....Lothlorien
Arwen Melian has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

A horwarf! It's a mix between a horse and a dwarf! Wait a second ....eeeww! Well...anyway, getting around how the mix between a dwarf and a horse can actually (and how sickening and perverted it sounds)happen when they don't like horses much:a horwarf is a strange cross breed which can stand erect(5feet) and on all fours (4 feet.)
They are inclined to be husky and bearded. The only differerence between an actual dwarf and a horwarf( besides for legs) is a love for elves and oats...I know corny...can anyone add on?
Arwen Melian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2002, 06:12 PM   #6
VanimaEdhel
Etheral Enchantress

VanimaEdhel has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to VanimaEdhel Send a message via MSN to VanimaEdhel
Silmaril

Hence Len Radtaran Ladniäa: Len Nadiän (The Lost Races of Arda: The Nymphs). I am also going to do the Sirens, the Faeries, the Unicorns, maybe something on the Eagles, something on the people of Harad, and who knows what else...maybe Gryphons too...

And I get to make up a language for each one!
Old 11-26-2002, 06:26 PM   #7
Saurannûn the Wood Elf
Haunting Spirit

Saurannûn the Wood Elf has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via ICQ to Saurannûn the Wood Elf
Sting

How about a "Dwelf"? A very ODD hybrid! They HATe each other, yet there's a hybrid! Maybe the Dwelf hates everything about himself??? Huh!
Old 11-26-2002, 06:36 PM   #8
Arwen Melian
Wight

Location: Sometimes Imladris....sometimes Mirkwood...other times ....Lothlorien
Arwen Melian has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

She falls on the floor..it's to funny that she can't laugh! I think thats great...they hate everything about themselves..certainly beats my horwarf! So describe these dwelves more..what do they look like?Do they have fights with themselves..and have split personalities...I mean one minute they are sitting there singing an elven song in their clear ringing voices. Then the next minute they see an other elf or a dwarf and lunge at it with an axe! Where they got the axe ..I have no clue...tell me more. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]
Arwen Melian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2002, 05:02 PM   #9
Durelin
Estelo dagnir, Melo ring

Sting

There are some interesting things going on here! Descriptions needed!
Old 11-27-2002, 05:21 PM   #10
Morai
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Morai has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via MSN to Morai Send a message via Yahoo to Morai Send a message via Skype™ to Morai
Silmaril

Okay, here's a strange thought from my head (like thought, like teen:

Faebbits:
A cross between hobbits and faeries. They look the same as hobbits exept for two things. They have strange color hair undergrowth (meaning that the bottom layer of their hair in streaked weird colors.), sometimes undergrowth is straight. Their feet has barely any hair at all so you'll find them in shoes.

Faebbits don't eat as often and love nature and music more than food. When entering a Faebbit home, you'll find many varities of houseplants, and musical instruments. They're very seceretive, don't tend to like neighbors. You'll find them residing on the outskirts of the Shire, and places in Bree. These creatures have musical voices, and talk strangely in their sleep.

Okay, that was weird........ [img]smilies/eek.gif[/img]