The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Fun and Games > Middle-earth Mirth
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-10-2007, 01:48 PM   #11
Kath
Everlasting Whiteness

Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Send a message via MSN to Kath
This is what Nogrod said:

Post 13:
Quote:
I would agree with Runi. No dwarf could ever do this. Not ever.
Post 16:
Quote:
And just because of that, maybe a little too convenient? That would be a maddening joke indeed, but as all of this looks like a mad-joke anyway, I wouldn't put it past this Necromancer to make it just like that
. (In answer to Farael repeating the point about three non-Dwarves being wolves.)

And this is not a flip-flop how? Yes, the first post was probably merely a joke, but he did continue with it and he did alter his view somewhat. In addition, Nogrod later in-directly agrees with Lommy that the points she made weren't good (post 67), which is technically a defense of himself just done in a way that doesn't make him look defensive.

Quite clever really, and wolvish looking too.

So what I'd like to know now Voloin, is why the defense from you?

Ah what else was I going to do? Right, why spawn? So let's see what she posted yesterDay.

Post 8: Mentions Meneltarbo being suspicious because of his muddy feet, but everyone else is mentioned along with just not by name. Kitanna then picks up on this and mentions suspicion of Menel as well which is a little odd but could be in character.

Post 24: Perhaps mentioning Menel was a ploy to get people talking, she seems to intimate that it was one here. Suggests that there is a wolvish link between Dori88 and Lommy because they were arguing. Possible but tenuous on Day 1. Some suspicion of Durelin as well for not being as involved as she could. Boro then defends what he said about Lommy, which could be seen as a reaction to this suspicion, especially since he also says he feels spawn is innocent which could a way of covering his back if he intended to kill her later. Not sure if that's entirely likely though as I think Boro would be a smarter wolf than that.

Post 48: Agrees with Boro that Gloanna looks suspicious for talking a lot without actually contributing anything and for making a safe vote.

Post 50: Looks at Durelin, and mentions that she's been rather over-defensive in very few posts as well as practically describing herself in a suggestion of how a wolf would act. Notes some flip-flopping as she was originally quite suspicious of Nogrod but then said she had to choose between Runi and Kath for her vote.

Post 54: Mentions that Gloanna and Durelin are unlikely to return and reply to the suspicions she brought up. Says she thinks Farael's plan of 'lynch those that don't contribute' is a good one but points out some not so subtle hints he made about being innocent. Mentions some suspicion of Ang too because he was sleeping in the middle of the Day.

Post 70: Wonders whether Gloanna can really be a wolf because her actions are so obvious. Says her unease over Ang, Eomer and Kath is due to them 'dumbing down' and thinks it may be a wolvish ploy to get people talking without having to say anything that might cause them to slip up.

Post 84: Wonders whether there is a connection between Holby and Gloanna because Holby pretty much passes off suspicion of Gloanna using statistics, which isn't really a surefire way of doing it.

Post 89: Says her vote will go to Eomer, Gloanna or Kath presumably for the 'dumbing down' and the points she made about Gloanna. But I wonder where the suspicion of Ang went?

Post 94: Votes Eomer to keep options open as well as due to suspicion.

Now there are obvious reasons for killing spawn. Her analyses are legendary and extremely helpful, so the wolves would be getting rid of someone who might well catch them out with logic and reason later, something that is far harder to argue against than a gut feeling which is what many players rely on. In addition she would be a very dangerous Seer, which is presumably who the wolves are attempting to kill at the moment.

From what I've just read over I can't find any other reason that she would have been killed. She made good comments, analysed a couple of people but didn't have any absolute suspicions and didn't say that anyone was entirely innocent. So she left few trails and therefore was a pretty safe kill for the wolves.

At this moment Nogrod is quite suspicious to me but I have little reasoning bar that mentioned earlier. I will go over his posts (argh so many!) in a bit and see if I can find something more than I have. As well as that I think Volo is quite suspicious because he is defending Nogrod, and even if Nogrod is completely innocent it is odd for one player to defend another, so I'll be looking at him as well.
Kath is offline   Reply With Quote