Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Roleplaying > Elvenhome
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-08-2003, 11:44 PM   #81
Tinuviel of Denton
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Tinuviel of Denton has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Tinuviel of Denton
Sting

I wasn't planning to join this game, but I've been reading the discussion thread and I thought Durelin's idea for passing through villages was interesting. If you do a cameo of a peasant sacrifice, I might be interested in doing the sacrifice's role. If not, I'll just read it and clap for all you amazing "evil" people.

[ June 09, 2003: Message edited by: Tinuviel of Denton ]
Old 06-09-2003, 05:18 AM   #82
arelendil
Wight

arelendil has just left Hobbiton.
Silmaril

Sorry i've been gone so long. i had to go up north for a funeral but i'm back now and ready to go when you are.

oh and sorry for the bad grammer but i wrote the whole post in ten minutes that i had spare between getting in and going out!
Old 06-09-2003, 08:39 AM   #83
Nerindel
Spirited Weaver of Fates

Nerindel has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Nerindel Send a message via MSN to Nerindel Send a message via Yahoo to Nerindel
Sting

Ok, Durelin
I've just put up my next post, hope it's ok. [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]
But I'm sure you'll tell me if it's not [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]

Lyra I have put that Ghurdan and his men were the first warriors to arrive at the citadel, so if you are planning on describing what you see as your characters arrive you will have to remember to include Ghurdan, Zasfal and their small army [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]
I have posted what they are wearing and carrying so you know what you are looking at, ok [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]

[ June 09, 2003: Message edited by: Nerindel ]
Old 06-09-2003, 09:31 AM   #84
Durelin
Estelo dagnir, Melo ring

Durelin is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Durelin is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Sting

Tinuviel - If you'd like to play that role, that'd be great! I mentioned that sarcastically at first, though I did like the idea, because I thought that I'd have trouble finding someone who'd want to play that role. So...cool! I'll PM you about it when we get close to a village. You'll have time to think about it, either to create your character, or to back out! [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

arelendil - no problem, just edit the post when you have a chance! [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] Yes, I'm picky, but, if you have the time to...
Old 06-09-2003, 02:20 PM   #85
Lyra Greenleaf
The Diaphanous Dryad

Lyra Greenleaf has just left Hobbiton.
Silmaril

Great, thanks Nerindel. Would it be OK to have maybe 5 or so others- unnamed of course. It would be odd to have just Nerindel's and my characters.
“Sylphs of the forest,” I whispered. “Spirits of oak, beech and ash. Dryads of Rowan and hazel, hear us. You who have guided and guarded our every footstep, you who have sheltered our growth, we honour you."
the Forbidden Link
Old 06-09-2003, 02:25 PM   #86
piosenniel
Desultory Dwimmerlaik

piosenniel is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Sting

Durelin & Tinuviel

Tinuviel's Character Bio must be on the discussion thread before she posts on the game. No need for a first post since she is a cameo character.
Old 06-10-2003, 03:06 PM   #87
Sophia the Thunder Mistress
Scent of Simbelmynë

Sophia the Thunder Mistress has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Sophia the Thunder Mistress
Sting

Pio, for clarification, Jamilah and Jasara are members of the same tribe, correct? I apologize for my delay in posting all, I'm in a rush with life, just now. I will be with you as soon as possible. When it comes, I promise, it will be quality. [img]smilies/tongue.gif[/img]

Sophia
The seasons fall like silver swords, the years rush ever onward; and soon I sail, to leave this world, these lands where I have wander'd. O Elbereth! O Queen who dwells beyond the Western Seas, spare me yet a little time 'ere white ships come for me!
Old 06-10-2003, 03:51 PM   #88
piosenniel
Desultory Dwimmerlaik

Sting

*notes a passing scent of flowers in the air

Sophia

It was never mentioned what tribe your characters and Aylwen's were in. But it would be fine if you were part of the one Jamílah is in.

I have already set up with Ealasaid that our two tribes are now encamped near each other, ours to the west of the small spring and their's to the east of it, in a large savannah area.

Ealasaid(Ahmad)'s tribe is patrilineal, and are warriors. They are called The Painted Sand Tribe, and are nomadic. Their horses are prized throughout the areas they travel.

Ahmad's father, Ishak ben Ishak is of the Wind Walker Clan. His wife, Briellah (Ahmad's mother), is of the Bending Grass Clan.

My character(Jamílah)'s tribe is matrilineal and are nomadic hunter/gatherers. They are called The Baobab Tribe and her clan is the Bush Lizard as is her daughters' and their children. The Baobab tree plays a central role in the spiritual life of the tribe, as do the animal totems the clans are named for. The tribe is famous for the beautiful baskets they weave, and uses them to trade for goods needed from other tribes they come in contact with.

Jamílah has a longstanding friendship with Briellah.

Hope this helps.
Old 06-10-2003, 11:41 PM   #89
Tinuviel of Denton
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Sting

Character Description Form:

Have you ever played in an RPG at the Barrow Downs? – NO

Have you posted in The Green Dragon Inn or in The White Horse in Rohan? – YES – Which one? Both

NAME: Falia

RACE: Haradrim

WEAPONS: None

APPEARANCE: Dark hair, large, eyes, medium dark skin, not overly tall, very slender and athletic

PERSONALITY/STRENGTHS/WEAKNESSES: Falia is a loner. She spends most of her time trying to avoid the other gir ls of her age because their interests, i.e. raising families etc., could not be more dissimilar to her own. Also, she has not married yet, though it is a custom of her village to marry young (14-16).

HISTORY: Falia's mother gave birth to two stillborn sons before Falia. As a result, her father dislikes her greatly. He sees her as an insult to his pride, and would seize any chance to be rid of her. When Falia was about ten, her mother died in a raid, depriving her of the only person who'd really cared about Falia's welfare. She has had no marriage offers since she was 15, because she quite frankly frightens the young men, and the older men are all married already. When her father married again, her stepmother bore him three sons and two daughters, both of which are very compliant and demure already, though one is seven and the other six.

(Pio said no first post necessary. I won't argue with that.)

I'm thinking that maybe it would be her father, Abdul-Shihab, who suggests her as the sacrifice victim. He's desperate enough to try anything. Also, he feels that if Falia were to cease to exist, the "insult" to his pride would as well.

(Thanks for the name list, Durelin.)

[ June 12, 2003: Message edited by: Tinuviel of Denton ]
Old 06-11-2003, 09:59 AM   #90
Manardariel
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Manardariel has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Dear Durelin,

sorry to interrupt, but can you PLEASE clear out your mailbox?

Thank you! [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]
Old 06-11-2003, 01:27 PM   #91
Durelin
Estelo dagnir, Melo ring

Durelin is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Durelin is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Sting

Sorry Manard! I did it, and I sent you the First Post! I know that's what you're after me about! I am sooooo sorry about that! *hits head on table repeatedly* Bad Dur!!

Anyways...

Tinuviel: That's great, and I like the thing with Falia's father...yes...that'll be great! I was thinking that our group of Priests and such would come into the village and have the town gather before them. Then they ask for a sacrifice to the Eye to ask the great 'god' to speed their journey. Then your father could step up, thinking he'll be rid of you, and, if he believes in this 'Eye' rubbish, he'll be held in the Eye's 'good sight'. Lots of '' there... [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

Now I will go read the RPG thread...
Old 06-11-2003, 03:43 PM   #92
Tinuviel of Denton
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Sting

Thanks, Durelin. I await your message with pleasure.

Got any ideas for a name for the father, anyone? I'm not very good at Arabian-type names. I usually do Celtic-style names. Which Harad is not.
Old 06-11-2003, 04:24 PM   #93
Durelin
Estelo dagnir, Melo ring

Sting

Tinuviel - How about Fakhir, it means 'proud' in Arabic. Or...well, just look here for names, these are all masculine:

Masculine Arabic Names
Old 06-11-2003, 05:30 PM   #94
Ealasaid
Wight

Ealasaid has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Great name list -- thanks! I'm sure I can make use of it, too.
I have a post ready for Ahmad that takes place on the evening of the day we are currently in. Can I go ahead and post it? Or should I wait until everyone else is in the same time frame? I don't want to rush anyone or throw anyone off pace.
Old 06-11-2003, 05:36 PM   #95
Durelin
Estelo dagnir, Melo ring

Sting

I'd hold off a bit, but not too long. The Priest and Priestesses probably won't be going by the same time frame if you tribesman keep moving this fast! [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] Just kidding, but...maybe they don't need to?
Old 06-11-2003, 06:18 PM   #96
Aylwen Dreamsong
The Melody of Misery

Location: The Island of Conclusions (You get there by jumping!)...
Aylwen Dreamsong has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Ealasaid, Jasara and Nasir want the children of your tribe to...turn against the elders. Do you think Jasara and Nasir (and Khasia, if she wants to take a sewing break and come along) could have a little...persuasive chat with Chani and Shushila (Ahmad's sisters)? I'll wait for your response before I post!

Helky has disappeared! [img]smilies/redface.gif[/img] [img]smilies/eek.gif[/img] [img]smilies/cool.gif[/img] [img]smilies/rolleyes.gif[/img]

-Aylwen
Old 06-11-2003, 06:34 PM   #97
Scent of Simbelmynë

Sting

Khasia's in if there's room for her on this venture.

Thanks for the tribe structure, Pio, that helps me bunches.

Sophia
The seasons fall like silver swords, the years rush ever onward; and soon I sail, to leave this world, these lands where I have wander'd. O Elbereth! O Queen who dwells beyond the Western Seas, spare me yet a little time 'ere white ships come for me!
Old 06-11-2003, 06:41 PM   #98
Ealasaid
Wight

Sting

Durelin -- okay, I'll hold off a little bit on my next post. You do have a point there, though. The priests and the tribesmen really don't have to be on the same timeframe just yet. I just need to coordinate with the other tribesmen.

Aylwen -- Yes, a chat is fine with Chani and Shushila. They probably won't go for it, esp not Shushila who is a whining brat, but there are others in the encampment who would listen, namely the ones Ahmad calls the Jackals. They are spoiling for just about anything. [img]smilies/evil.gif[/img] Chani, being an adventurous type might be curious at first, but any conversion on her part would be temporary. She is not a good follower. Also, when Ahmad & Yusef get back, they might find a sympathetic ear in Yusef, even though he is a little older (28).

[ June 11, 2003: Message edited by: Ealasaid ]
Old 06-11-2003, 06:43 PM   #99
Aylwen Dreamsong
The Melody of Misery

Sting

Right. Thanks Ealasaid and Sophia. Hopefully I'll have a post up by tonight. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

-Aylwen
Old 06-12-2003, 07:01 AM   #100
Nerindel
Spirited Weaver of Fates

Nerindel has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Nerindel Send a message via MSN to Nerindel Send a message via Yahoo to Nerindel
Sting

Lyra: Acrobats! oh you'll pay for that [img]smilies/evil.gif[/img] [img]smilies/tongue.gif[/img]

Ok you'll notice that I've put my spy in your midst (Zasfal), but please try not to figure him out at once [img]smilies/rolleyes.gif[/img], But if I'm reading your characters right (if I'm not please let me know), I would think Damodred would be suspicous anyway [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]
Old 06-12-2003, 02:12 PM   #101
Aylwen Dreamsong
The Melody of Misery

Sting

Pio- In my earlier post, I think about two posts up from your latest one, I posted that Khasia came with Jasara and co. to visit the Painted Sand Tribe. Would it work if I deleted my post and saved it until Sophia responds?

-Aylwen

[ June 14, 2003: Message edited by: Aylwen Dreamsong ]
Old 06-12-2003, 02:22 PM   #102
piosenniel
Desultory Dwimmerlaik

Sting

Sophia:

Jamílah has approached Khasia and made an offering. (It's inserted at the end of your post)

Aylwen:

I deleted my post and placed it at the end of Sophia's post. She can have Khasia respond there if she wishes.

We need to have some sort of interaction between the young and the older, more traditional of the tribe. It would be natural for Jamílah, who is a healer, to want to see how she can mend the rift, if possible.

If that is not possible, it would not be unlikely that those who cannot follow the old ways, or at least show some respect for them, be driven away, in order to protect the tribe as a whole.

[ June 12, 2003: Message edited by: piosenniel ]
Old 06-14-2003, 07:59 PM   #103
Scent of Simbelmynë

Sting

I'm writing Khasia's reply to Jamilah now, it's taking a bit of thought as to how she'll handle it. I hope to have it up by tonight and then set to work on her response to Ahmad's sisters and how that meeting goes. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img] This game is so good, I like it.

Sophia
Old 06-15-2003, 02:08 AM   #104
Helkahothion
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Helkahothion has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via ICQ to Helkahothion Send a message via AIM to Helkahothion
Eye

*Barges in(late)*

Sorry I did not post. I had a lot on my mind since it was the end of the year and those teachers from hell gave me about as much to learn in a month as I had to do in a year. Please insert a LOT of profanety in the next couple of lines.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

There, much better. But I shall try to post soon and get into the game a bit more.

Suilad,

Anuion
Old 06-15-2003, 04:30 PM   #105
Durelin
Estelo dagnir, Melo ring

Sting

I finally posted again! Sorry about the wait! We must be going, so, if you priest and priestess would post your reaction to Sevora...then I can post our meeting the warriors, or, one of you could after your reaction. You know, use the little stars or dashes to mean 'sometime later' or something...yes...well, anyway, sorry warriors! We're moving. Sorry about the wait, but, at least you're getting to know each other. Just don't kill each other before we get started, eh?

Helky- How are we going to meet up with your character? Where is he? I know he's not with the tribes, so... You are always an oddball, eh Helky?
Old 06-15-2003, 06:52 PM   #106
Delian

Sting

Have you ever played an RPG at the Barrow Downs?-No

Have you posted in the Green Dragon Inn or in the White Horse in Rohan?-Yes

Name:Caruson (Haradrim warrior)

Race:Human

Weapons:Spear, sword, bow, wooden shield, and thick wool.

Appearance:6ft. tall with dark hair and dark skin scared by sand storms and abuse. War paint often covers his face and his cloths are red to symbolize his service to the eye.

Personality: He strives to become a captain and to have a major part in the downfall of the white city in any way possible. To put the rest of his personality plainly, he is evil and will do absolutly anything to serve the eye.

Strengths: He is willing to do anything (even in-humane torture) and he is very fit (he trained all his life for the army).
He is also able to survive in the desert and hunt for food.

Weaknesses: He is very arrogent and believes in his priests so much that he never questions any of their decisions.

History: At his second birthday he saw a captain leading a large army off to war and from that moment on his life was centered on two things, his religion and becoming a captain. Throughout the years leading to this time he rose in military standing very little. He was now allowed to wear the blood red uniform of a seasoned soldier. The two things that had always drivin him now made his life much more complicated. The War of the Ring had started and if he was to have a part in the downfall of Minas Tirith he would have to become a captain very soon.

First Post:
Thack thack thack came the repeating sound of the arrows as Caruson hit the target one time after another. His skill with a bow went almost unmatched for very few archers in the entire city could hit a target at three hundred yards in broad daylight. Caruson did this at night.

Soft footsteps came down the sandy pathway behind him as he hit the target a fourth time.

"Caruson, it is time for sleep. The others are resting for tomarrow, don't you think you should be too?"

"You don't understand. I have not practiced at night for some months." replied Caruson in his harsh dry voice "Don't you see Paursat? The moon is waining and it will be new by the time we get there. I must practice if I am to be much use for fighting at night."

"Who said you would fight?" snaped the
elderly preist's voice

Caruson's glosy eyes glared at him "Who says we won't." At that Caruson turned into the wind, pulled his blood red hood over his face, and collected his arrows. He went to sleep anticipating the slaughter of resistant tibes when they reached their destination.

Old 06-15-2003, 07:29 PM   #107
piosenniel
Desultory Dwimmerlaik

Sting

Delian - Please check your private messages.

~~ Piosenniel Shire Moderator
Old 06-16-2003, 06:10 AM   #108
Helkahothion
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Eye

Quote:
Helky- How are we going to meet up with your character? Where is he? I know he's not with the tribes, so... You are always an oddball, eh Helky?
Yes, that was my next question. Where are the warriors at the moment? Thorgom sometimes joins them so it is no trouble to hook up with them, but I need some sort of a location. Just a place would be nice [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

Suilad

Anuion

P.S. Durelin, I am not mad, I am special.
Old 06-16-2003, 10:04 AM   #109
piosenniel
Desultory Dwimmerlaik

Sting

Tribesmen Converts:

Please note Jamílah is concerned about the shadowy influence among the young of the tribe. She will speak with the other elders this evening (Game time) about what to do to solve the problem and keep the tribe healthy.

This may further alienate the young, as certain elders may suggest banning them from the tribe.
Old 06-16-2003, 10:41 AM   #110
piosenniel
Desultory Dwimmerlaik

Sting

One other question

By late tonight (14 or 15 hours from now), Real Time, can I move the timeline along to the evening/late evening of this day we're on?

Does anyone need to get a post on board before then? Is that enough time for people to get their day posts in?
Old 06-16-2003, 11:17 AM   #111
Lyra Greenleaf
The Diaphanous Dryad

Lyra Greenleaf has just left Hobbiton.
Silmaril

Oh now someone wants to be a Corsair? Great.

Hey, did we ever agree on a sign of respect to the Eye?

Oh and this is from the new Rohan rules, so I don't know if they apply to the Shire:
Quote:
no sexual flirtation
So is what Sammael and Zasfal have been doing wrong?

[ June 16, 2003: Message edited by: Lyra Greenleaf ]
“Sylphs of the forest,” I whispered. “Spirits of oak, beech and ash. Dryads of Rowan and hazel, hear us. You who have guided and guarded our every footstep, you who have sheltered our growth, we honour you."
the Forbidden Link
Old 06-16-2003, 12:02 PM   #112
Durelin
Estelo dagnir, Melo ring

Sting

Helky- HELLO!! The warriors have met outside the Citadel. You are a tribesman convert, so we will meet up with you sometime on our way southeast to the tribes. You are camped somewhere in our path, or will move somewhere in our path. You have to decide when you will meet up with us and how. Will we just bump into you, or will you reach a town, hear of us and seek us out, possibly? You have a lot of choices, just think of them and choose which one you want. [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] Right...

Delian- I am very grateful you wish to join and thank you, but I am going to have to turn you down a part in this RPG. I am really sorry (Please! Forgive me! [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]) but I am not sure I can handle a main character popping in in the middle. It would complicate things a little. I know we aren't far along, but it's still hard. I've gotten used to this small number! I am so sorry, but keep practicing in the Green Dragon and post for a part in the next RPG that strikes your fancy! Thanks, Delian, I hope you understand and there's no hard feelings...?

Lyra- I expect Pio, being the excellent mod she is, would have told you if Sammael and Zasfal were being inapropriate for lack of a better word! [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]
Old 06-16-2003, 12:10 PM   #113
piosenniel
Desultory Dwimmerlaik

Sting

Concerning flirting:

Just don't make it of a sexual nature; that is, don't do any lusty, sexual innuendos.

(Don't go any bawdier than you have Lyra, and it will be ok)

Be exceedingly discrete about it. Make a game of it if you wish, in which one character tries to manipulate the other into doing something he/she wants done, or tries to attain some sort of power over the other.

~~ Pio, the mod for this game

[ June 16, 2003: Message edited by: piosenniel ]
Old 06-16-2003, 12:19 PM   #114
piosenniel
Desultory Dwimmerlaik

Sting

So . . . is it alright with everyone if I move to late-evening-after-supper in the Game when I return from work tonight?
Old 06-16-2003, 02:52 PM   #115
Ealasaid
Wight

Sting

That would be great! I have been holding a post that takes place after dark, just waiting for the time to change.
Old 06-16-2003, 03:03 PM   #116
Durelin
Estelo dagnir, Melo ring

Sting

First, sorry tribesmen for the slowness of the Priest and Priestesses!

Second, I will be gone all day Friday and all weekend, so sorry...kinda bad that the game owner is...crap... Pio, what should I do?!

Helky - I will PM you soon...concerning a matter of most importance...
Old 06-16-2003, 03:10 PM   #117
Helkahothion
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Eye

Durelin, could it be possible that you go on the road now so that I can post meeting you? That would be nice. That way, you can go on with me tomorrow. I'm again really sorry to be out of the story at the moment. Humbly appolagise to *ugh* Durelin.

Oh and of course to Pio. BTW, have not gotten word from you your highness. Shall await the PM. Are we planning something?

Suilad,

Anuion
Old 06-16-2003, 03:39 PM   #118
piosenniel
Desultory Dwimmerlaik

Sting

Durelin

Can you just give some direction to your priestess/warriors of the eye as to what they can elaborate on right now.

Perhaps they can do detailed plans for preparation to go on this mission: get the supplies seen to, the men armed, maps of the areas gotten, who will ride on what, where will you all meet to begin the journey, etc.

One of them can be your second in command, looking to curry favor with the Eye and other leaders of the Temple by doing better than your character. You can simply write yourself off for the long weekend as being closeted with the Great Eye - everyone will of course grouse that you are an overstepping, work-shirking parasite whose time, in their opinion, as a Temple favorite will come to an abrupt end when you fail in the mission and they outshine you by saving the day somehow.

And of course the soldiers are the ones on whose backs the burdens of all this lie the heaviest - they should be complaining all over the place for better pay, better rations, and maybe some grudging respect for their most important part in carrying any of this off. This could all take place in some seamy dive where they are drinking their 'farewell cups' (and a lot of them) just prior to shipping off.

The Tribesmen can continue to deepen their side of the story, so that there is a well set up storyline on their part when the Army of the Lidless Eye advances upon them.

How about that? Everyone deepen their side of the story, let us see more of the venue your character is operating in, form some liasons, let your dark, seamy side hang out . . . until next Monday, when Durelin will set the Army of Darkness on the Road.
Old 06-16-2003, 04:46 PM   #119
Durelin
Estelo dagnir, Melo ring

Sting

Love ya Pio! That's perfect...your so smart! [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

Anyway, I will post again tomorrow outside the meeting hall. We will meet the warriors for the next few days (it might take that long since my priest and priestess seem to have been busy lately, though maybe not) and then will come our planning period. Yes... Now, Helky, please wait patiently for our movement, all the other tribesmen are, so just chill. The PM will have to come later. I'm busy!!

Okay? Okay. Any questions, don't hesitate to ask. Right.
Old 06-16-2003, 04:57 PM   #120
piosenniel
Desultory Dwimmerlaik

Sting

Helka

Let us see more of your character, too, Where is he, what's it like there, what's he thinking? Invent someone for him to chat up in a lowlife tavern - let's hear what's on this bad guy's mind!

Everyone, since no has objected, I will move the action ahead to the late evening/ night of this day on the story line in about 4 hours when I return from a meeting.

So put a Save on the Game if you need another "today in the morning/afternoon" post.