Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-29-2002, 03:50 PM   #41
Mattius
Soul of Fire

Mattius has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Indeed.

Originally I had no intention to make the beast cat-like in appearnce. I thought it maybe some twisted creature of Sauraman's evil experiment to create the perfect soldier before he gave life to the Uruk-Hai. Perhaps we could make it sort of like Beorn from 'The Hobbit' in that it can change its shape from different animals. I am sure we can fit it into the story anyway.

And regarding the age of my character, yes Mattius is 19 in normal years and is very young as an elf, this is part of the reason why he belives himself to be more akin to the race of men (for more reasons see my profile above).

Till next time,

Matt
Old 08-30-2002, 03:20 PM   #42
Mattius
Soul of Fire

Sting

well i tried to change the history of the beast so that it does not appear as a black cat all the time, what do u think?
Old 08-30-2002, 07:27 PM   #43
Faye Took
Shade of Carn Dûm

Faye Took has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Faye Took
Ring

Hello everyone! Sorry I haven't been on for sometime I have been on vacation (sort of) and was unable to use the internet. Just to let you know
Old 08-31-2002, 03:51 PM   #44
Auriel Haevasawen
Wight

Auriel Haevasawen has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

If you keep the beast non-specific in shape with many traits it can be much more menacing. Everyone has something they fear, a polymorphus creature that feeds on those fears is always good so that those who fear cats- see cat like 'qualities' in the beast, if you fear the Uruk-Hai it those you see. Am I making sense? I do tend to babble, sorry. Welcome back Faye, see you in the story in a moment.
Old 09-01-2002, 02:15 AM   #45
Iaurlachien
Pile O'Bones

Iaurlachien has just left Hobbiton.
Silmaril

I think that's a great idea, because I didn't really know what to make of this black beast so far. We'll go with the idea of the beast being able to change formes to match different persons fears (sometimes even at the same time, like in: two people looking at it and both seeing something else)

Love,

Iaurlachien
Old 09-01-2002, 02:33 AM   #46
Iaurlachien
Pile O'Bones

Silmaril

You guys, something not really relating to the story here. What do you think of faye took. That is, are you happy about the way she's acting on this thread and the blue mountains thread. Myself, I've got a bit of a problem with her. She seems a nice person and has posted many posts (but if all her posts are like the one I've seen on the blue mountains so far, that is not something great). On the other hand,
* the piece of the story she put on the blue mountains is hardly three lines long and does not follow or contribute to the story at all
*she uses a character that she has used in a lot of "fake" rpg's on this topic
*apparently she does not read what is said in important posts on this thread because she put a post that wasn't a story on the blue mountains thread, telling who her character was.
*I've recieved email from her several times telling me: Let's boycot that intruder Mattias. I do not agree with her for Mattias is a great writer and contributes a lot to the story.

Faye, if you read this, please take no offense from me, but I would very much like it for you to WRITE A PIECE OF THE STORY INSTEAD OF JUST HANGING AROUND RUINING A GOOD RPG. You seem to not even know what the story is about and from now on, posts not belonging to our rpg should be on this tread - which we decided to be our discussion thread.

Love,

Rothallë the Black,
Sister of the night
Old 09-01-2002, 02:37 AM   #47
Iaurlachien
Pile O'Bones

Silmaril

If the message above should not be read by most of the people in the rpg the blue mountains I will have to take the post above to the thread- the blue mountains. Just for once, because I think faye should adapt herself to our standards or be gone one way or another.

Love,

Sister of the night/Iaurlachien
Old 09-01-2002, 06:43 AM   #48
Charlee

Sting

so whats going on now?

from Mattius, on Charlee's account...

[ September 01, 2002: Message edited by: Charlee ]

Old 09-02-2002, 02:40 PM   #49
Auriel Haevasawen
Wight

Sting

I'll go with whatever you think best Iaurlachien as you developed this thread. I am not usually an RPGer and just fancied coming here to exercise my brain and will go with whichever rules you set, as RPG instigator. As far as I can see the whole point was as the title suggests 'having a real feel of Middle Earth' and we must all abide by that whether we've just arrived or have been mulling over this for a week or two.
Old 09-02-2002, 03:18 PM   #50
Mattius
Soul of Fire

Sting

yes, is there any chance you can change ur last post faye took???????
Old 09-03-2002, 04:22 PM   #51
Mattius
Soul of Fire

Sting

hiya, i was thinking about adding another character to the story but ot a man or elf but a dwarf, here is the profile, i will see if i can fit him in in the near future

Name: Borin Iceplate
Race: Dwarf
Age: dunno, how old wud he have had 2 b to fight in the dwarf-ork war at moria????? anyone know??

Bio: Borin lives in the Blue Mountains where Thorin used 2 live b4 he tried to re-capture the Lonely Mountain from Smaug. He did not wish to travel as he dislikes it and only wishes to remain in peace for the rest of his days. the only time he fought was i the terrible Dwarf-Ork war at Moria and afterwards he returned to the blue mountains

ok i'll try and add him 2 the story

[ September 03, 2002: Message edited by: Mattius ]
Old 09-05-2002, 01:40 PM   #52
Mattius
Soul of Fire

Sting

hey, where all you are, none of you have posted anything for ages!!
Old 09-05-2002, 03:35 PM   #53
Brinniel
Reflection of Darkness

Location: Polishing the stars. Well, somebody has to do it; they're looking a little bit dull.
Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Sting

Sorry, I've been so busy with school!

Reading this discussion that has been going on lately, I don't know if I should ignore Faye's post or not.

Sorry Faye, but I don't think it was a convenient time to bring in your character. Not only does it make it hard to answer the first questions and yours at once, but you're not supposed to wake up until a day or two. I'm sure we'd all like you to keep posting, though. Just pay close attention to the story and write more than a few lines at a time.
Old 09-08-2002, 01:22 PM   #54
Mattius
Soul of Fire

Sting

I think the time has come to discuss what is going to happen next regarding the plot.

I had the idea that it could sort of attack the shire or something and, seeing as though no man is allowed to enter the shire, radagast the hobbit and an elf could go and talk to some of the hobbits.

Get back to me on it anyways,

Matt

[ September 08, 2002: Message edited by: Mattius ]
Old 09-08-2002, 02:54 PM   #55
Mattius
Soul of Fire

Sting

well, seeing as though faye has decided to leave this RPG I will do the part of the hobbit, i am on the internet nearly every night anyway, so does anyone have any idea for what the new female hobbit's name could be??
Old 09-09-2002, 03:25 PM   #56
Brinniel
Reflection of Darkness

Location: Polishing the stars. Well, somebody has to do it; they're looking a little bit dull.
Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Sting

I think Faye got fed up with us. Sorry, Faye.

Mattius- I wouldn't mind if you played the female hobbit, though I wonder if you can keep up with 3 characters. Since you are becoming this character, I suppose I'll ignore Faye's last post and continue.

As for a name for the hobbit, how about Emerald or Lily?
Old 09-10-2002, 07:42 AM   #57
Mattius
Soul of Fire

Sting

yeh i will be fine with 3 charachters, i am on the net like everynight so it will be cool. as for the name, i will use Lily, Lily Took!

Ok i am going to post now!
Old 09-10-2002, 12:58 PM   #58
Auriel Haevasawen
Wight

Sting

I am happy to take Radagast into the Shire if that is what is required of him. I don't do the net every night so just bare with me and I'll try to keep up.
Old 09-10-2002, 03:48 PM   #59
Mattius
Soul of Fire

Sting

my idea is to take the hobbit back to the shire and from Pippin learn that the beast has travlled somewhere else, perhaps south or east towards bree, get back to me anyways

Matt
Old 09-11-2002, 03:09 PM   #60
Mattius
Soul of Fire

Sting

hey up all of you, how do you all think the RPG is going and do you have any ideas for how we could develop the story?
Old 09-11-2002, 03:21 PM   #61
Brinniel
Reflection of Darkness

Sting

I think this RPG is really good so far. But where is Iaurlachien? She hasn't been on for some time and she is the owner of this story. Perhaps we should email her and find out where's she's been.
Old 09-11-2002, 03:26 PM   #62
Mattius
Soul of Fire

Sting

ok then, would you like to do it? just remind her that it is still going and it is GREAT!
Old 09-11-2002, 05:23 PM   #63
Ithaeliel
Cornus Caliga

Location: Five-hundred-twenty-five thousand, six hundred minutes from here
Ithaeliel has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via MSN to Ithaeliel
Silmaril

Forgive me for posting so sparingly... I've been really busy, and I'm also a part of a lot of other RPGs at the moment. I also haven't been posting with as much quality as I should. I'll try to improve that, although writing is something my brain wears the batteries out on fast... see?! I can't even do a good (or at least well-worded) analogy right now!! Gah!

Anyway, I'll try to post more often and better form this point on. This RPG is going pretty well. We've all met up without any problems.
Old 09-11-2002, 08:21 PM   #64
Faye Took
Shade of Carn Dûm

Sting

Can someone please tell me when to post a reply? I would really like to do something. Thanks.
Old 09-11-2002, 09:25 PM   #65
Brinniel
Reflection of Darkness

Sting

Hey, Faye! I'm glad that you didn't get upset with us. If you'd still like to be a part of the RPG, you're welcome to, though you might want to let Mattius know, since he's planning to play the hobbit girl as Lily.

The soonest time you should introduce your character in the RPG is probably sometime the next day (in the story). If you wish to continue playing, please remember these two things:
1. Post more than 3 lines. Your contribution to the RPG should be fairly long. Remember to have your character interact with other characters.
2. Read the story carefully. Whatever someone writes in the story, you must follow along with it.

If you listen to the suggestions, I promise that none of us with have anymore problems with you. Just get along with everyone else, and if you have any questions about the rules, you can always read the topic, NEW FREESTYLE-RPG POLICIES. I hope that helps.

Mattius- I will email Iaurl tomorrow, as it is too late for me to do so right now.
Old 09-12-2002, 02:30 AM   #66
Mattius
Soul of Fire

Sting

okie dokie pig in a pokie [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]
Old 09-13-2002, 05:04 PM   #67
Faye Took
Shade of Carn Dûm

1420!

I don't know. I'm really lost. You don't need me. I'll understand.
Old 09-14-2002, 07:28 AM   #68
Brinniel
Reflection of Darkness

Sting

What don't you understand? We will need a female hobbit soon. Who knows, perhaps I or someone else will write that the hobbit stirs in her sleep, and then you will know when to come in. If you still are confused and don't wish to be part of the RPG, you're welcome to leave. You shouldn't be part of an RPG if you don't want to.
Old 09-15-2002, 02:31 PM   #69
Faye Took
Shade of Carn Dûm

Sting

All right I'll still be in the RPG if thats alright with everyone else, that is.
Old 09-15-2002, 03:13 PM   #70
Mattius
Soul of Fire

Sting

thats ok with me!!!!! [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]
Old 09-15-2002, 03:22 PM   #71
Faye Took
Shade of Carn Dûm

Sting

You guys are EXCELENT writers/rpgers! The storys going on very well! I love it!
Old 09-16-2002, 04:13 AM   #72
Mattius
Soul of Fire

Sting

Brinnel, could you just change your last post a little bit. You mentioned that Borin was travelling with the group but in my last post I said that he had decided to stay behind! Oh yea, did you mail the person who began the RPG (sorry can't remember her name at the minute!)?

Matt

[ September 16, 2002: Message edited by: Mattius ]
Old 09-16-2002, 03:18 PM   #73
Mattius
Soul of Fire

Sting

Have you got a reply from her yet?
Old 09-16-2002, 03:19 PM   #74
Brinniel
Reflection of Darkness

Sting

Sure, no problem. Sorry about that! I guess I wasn't paying enough attention.

I emailed Iaurl on Saturday, but haven't gotten a response yet. I say that we should give her a week, then perhaps we can discuss what to do if she doesn't respond.
Old 09-17-2002, 04:59 PM   #75
Mattius
Soul of Fire

Sting

ok then, be sure to post it on here if she repiles!
Old 09-22-2002, 02:43 AM   #76
Brinniel
Reflection of Darkness

Sting

Alright, it has been three weeks since our story owner has posted. I emailed her last week, but she has not replied. Maybe Iaurl is on vacation or something, or perhaps not. The thing is that we cannot go on much longer without anyone playing Rothalle, and we especially cannot go on without a story owner. So, what do you suppose we should do?

P.S. Sorry I haven't contributed much in the RPG lately. I've been feeling so busy lately and haven't had time to think about it. I promise I'll try to find that time as soon as I can.
Old 09-22-2002, 11:02 AM   #77
Mattius
Soul of Fire

Sting

Maybe we could just allow Rothalle to go out on a mission on her own for a while or something like that.
Old 09-22-2002, 12:03 PM   #78
Faye Took
Shade of Carn Dûm

Sting

Yes I agree with Mattius. Maybe she got called back to home for some reason.
Old 09-22-2002, 12:09 PM   #79
Mattius
Soul of Fire

Sting

well, i have made the group split into two so maybe Rothalle could leave this group for some reason but she is an important character cuz she influences Calentoliel. One thing that could happen is that Rothalle cud tell Calentoliel about her real past, whatever it may be, and then be captured for some reason with only Endereth and Calentoliel being able to rescue her

anyways these are only ideas
Old 09-22-2002, 12:33 PM   #80
Mattius
Soul of Fire

Sting

cool last reply faye

[ September 22, 2002: Message edited by: Mattius ]