Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-25-2003, 08:14 AM   #41
Himaran
Ash of Orodruin

Himaran has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Himaran
Sting

Bali was silent for a while, before he spoke. "Uncle Dain, I have known you for many years. A brother of the King, and a Dwarven lord yourself; I respect your judgement. However, I know that few respect Kaldon. I do. I have heard of him before. Few are like him in his fighting skills, with his hands, knives, and sword. He can wield any weapon you give him.

He has traveled more than you could imagine, moving fast and tirelessly. He can find his way through any mountain or forest; and can disappear from sight instantly.

Dain, he is just the type we would want on this journey. Let us wait and see. I believe that he will prove himself to us when the time comes.

Now, that Hogar, him I don't trust. Burzol claims he saw him follow me into the woods and attempt to kill me with his axe, had it not been for the taunt bowstring that was pulled behind his head. I for one believe he was also involved in that "incident" Burzdol had with the hobbits.

Watch the back of that elf, Dain. For I fear that it may be the first to be hit by a weapon. And keep your eye on that dwarf."

Though the two were conversing in low tones, Kaldon's keen ears picked up the conversation. I have that dwarf right where I want him.

He looked over to where Hogar was snoring inside the wagon. That one would be the easiest to get rid of.
Old 02-25-2003, 12:02 PM   #42
Dain Ironfoot
Haunting Spirit

Dain Ironfoot has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

To guard the back of the Elf....

Dain woud certainly do that, but he'd also keep an eye on his own back and, far more importantly, that of his son.

Out loud, he merely responded, "You are the leader of this band, and my honored kinsman as well. I will respect your wishes in this matter, although it goes against my heart. But do not forget that, should you need it, you have my axe and hammer at your service."

He sighed and fell silent, wrapped deep in bitter thoughts. If only the worst thing in the world were Orcs! How much more terrible it was to find a Man or Dwarf who was not worthy of trust. In that lay the greatest peril of all. For to put faith in another's hands and to have it wrenched away was a grievous thing indeed.
Old 02-25-2003, 03:08 PM   #43
Burzdol
Shade of Carn Dûm

Burzdol has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

The elf steered away from the cart and slowed to meet Ani Dao.

Burzdol was drawn between two conversations. His one with Ani Dao and the one his ear picked up from Bali and Dain. For now, though, he didn't care abotu their words. All he wanted to do was talk to Ani Dao.

"What was that about?" she asked as he came back.

"Nothing. Just a small conversation between two old friends. Nothing much."

"Oh. Well I'm glad it wasn't anything bad about the journey or someone in the part."

"Yeah, me too. I kind of wish that Kaldon or Hogar had been in adeveststing accident," the two laughed together at their thoughts about the dwarf and man.
Old 02-25-2003, 04:38 PM   #44
Himaran
Ash of Orodruin

Sting

They had now traveled for a few days. Finally they were within a days travel of Bree, their first destination.

The company stopped along the road, letting the horses graze. Dain went with his son Durin into the woods to get wood. When they returned, a merry fire was soon blazing away.

"We have had hard travel for several long days," said Bali. "It is time for us to relax for a while. Let us have a bit of fun while supper is being prepared by Kili and Durin."

"How about a marksmanship contest," suggested Burzdol. "We could draw a target on a tree." "An excellent idea," stated Belegond. "I will draw it."

After he had done so, the company drew there rang weapons and took turns aiming at the target. Little did they know that a group of bandits was watching their encampment, waiting for an opportunity...
Old 02-25-2003, 05:43 PM   #45
maikafanawen
Tears of Simbelmynë

maikafanawen has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to maikafanawen
Pipe

Ani Dao stood up from where she was seated lacing a piece of leather through a part in her boot where her sole had come undone. A confident smile on her face, the elf withdrew her throwing knives and quickly aimed at the target. Without hesitation, she loosed the first. It hit just outside the center. Some “good tries” came from behind.

She turned to acknowledge them but movement aft of the onlookers caught her attention. She spun around fully and took in the sight. Bandits were making away with their horses. They were dressed in blacks and browns with hoods tied under their eyes concealing their nose and mouth. The company must have seen her attention averted and turned as well.

The quickest to respond was Arlome. He loosed an arrow that struck the first bandit from behind. Ani Dao responded next. She was hesitant to kill so recklessly, and instead leapt over the bushes and pinned the man from behind. Her strength out weighed him and he yelled in panic. Four of the bandits made off with the horses as the others stayed to fight. Burzdol, Astarielle and Erulon, moved quickly to recover the stolen horses while Belegond, Yanithe and Gromfelt helped Ani Dao and Arlome with the remaining Bandits. Belegond over took one as he made to aid Ani Dao in her struggle. Yanithe dodged through the group of men, succeeding in knocking one unconscious with the butt of her sword. While Ani Dao got distracted watching the young Rohanian in amazement, the man’s arm got loose and slung a punch to her jaw. She stumbled back for a second then went at him in retaliation. Rounding a kick on the approaching bandit, she threw him against a tree and Yanithe pinned him against it with an arrow. The fight went on a little longer before the four dwarves (Bali, Gromfelt, Durin, and Kili) held the five remaining bandits, and three lay dead on the ground. Arlome helped the dwarves securely tie the prisoners to trees while Yanithe tended to Ani Dao’s jaw, and then moved on to the wounds on some of the dwarves and Arlome.

As Durin and Kili got some water boiling at Yanithe’s demand, Burzdol, Astarielle and Erulon returned ...
Old 02-25-2003, 06:05 PM   #46
Frodess
Haunting Spirit

Frodess has just left Hobbiton.
Silmaril

Hmph! Girl! thought Yanithë. So they think me a mere child. She was insulted, for she knew many of their thoughts by the way they looked at her. I am a woman, and I would like them to know!

She swung off her brunnette horse, Alqua, so called because he had the grace of a swan. Whipping out her bow, she placed an arrow in it, quietly aiming for one of the dwarves' hats. She fired and the hat was whipped off and pinned to a tree in front of the said dwarf.

"Ha!" cried she. When the dwarf gawked at her, trying to get back his hat, she smiled briliantly. She knew few of these people. She walked to the tree and pulled the arrow out. "I shall sew your hat for you, if you wish it so. May I ask your name?"

[ February 25, 2003: Message edited by: Frodess ]

[ February 25, 2003: Message edited by: Frodess ]
Old 02-25-2003, 06:57 PM   #47
Arvedui III
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Arvedui III has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Arvedui III
Shield

Grom look disgruntledly at his hat, too high for him to reach. He looked even more disguntledly at the girl that had shot it off his head. "May I ask your name?" She said. "You may, but I'd like to know what that was for, lady" He said. "Couldn't resitst, I'm sorry. Your name again, master dwarf." "Gromfelt, lady. Gromfelt son of Dwelfelt. I would very much like my hat back if you please." He said. The women smiled and tore the arrow out of his hat and handed it to him. He scowed at it for a moment, then figured with gaping hole in it. The women laughed, " I am sorry Gromfelt. I said I would pach it for you." " I would like that" He said and he smiled up at the girl. For all the childish antics of men, and in this case a women, they could shoot, they could shoot very well, and sew he hoped. That was good to know. Just then Bali called them over.
Old 02-25-2003, 06:59 PM   #48
Burzdol
Shade of Carn Dûm

The Eye

Burzdol took his knife and carved his own target on a tree at the other side of the camp. He was mad about the small bandit raid and unleashed arrow after arrow at the tree. After he successfully emtied out his supply of arrows he walked to the tree to pull them back out. Now he was very frustrated that he had only gotten a few in the center when he usually gets more in.

The elf was suprised that everyone went back to the contest. Though I guess to us these are going to be a natural occurance. He was getting bored of shooting at a stationary target so he rallied a few other dwarves and went into the woods.

Eventually the party came back, loaded with animals for fresh meat. They laid down the animals and got someone to cook it. Soon the aroma of cooked meat surrounded the camp. Everyone grabbed some food and sat to talk with each other.

Burzdol sat watching the tree line incase of more bandits. Slowly a small body creeped into the fire lit camp. The elf looked closer and noticed that it was a small red-haired hobbit. Burzdol walked over to the little hobbit, "Hello, may we help you little master?"

"Sir, may I have a....um a little bit of food. I've been traveling for awhile now and I'm very hungry."

"Sure young 'un. Help yourself you can sit with me. The odd pair walked to the fire for some food and then to where Burzdol had sat. With him was the hobbit, Hogar, Kaldon, Eruantalon and Bali.

"So, who's this and what's his name?" Bali asked when he first saw the hobbit.

"Hi, I'm Serello Brandybuck, sir. I thank you for the food," he said shaking Bali's hand.

"Very polite. You can have as much food as you want."

"Burzdol, may I have a word with you and Erulon?"

The trio walked to the outskirts of the camp. "I think something happened to him. He looks weary. Can he stay with us?" Burzdol asked.

"I don't care as long as he has a weapon and doesn't get in the way. Then all you have to do is look after him."

They walked back to continue eating. Even before they sat down Hogar volunteered to keep an eye on him. He and Serello happened to like each other a lot and Hogar hadn't done anything lately. So they accepted and a new person was added.
Old 02-25-2003, 07:54 PM   #49
Frodess
Haunting Spirit

Silmaril

Yanithë watched Gromfelt go. She lingered, his hat in her hand. Smiling to herself, she cut out a small piece of cloth from the bottom of her cloak, and put it and the hat in a pouch on her belt. She thought that perhaps, in a small way, she had proved herself.

She stared at this hobbit. It was just so odd to see so many people shorter than herself. But she would not dare tell them that, for fear of offending them.
Old 02-25-2003, 08:06 PM   #50
maikafanawen
Tears of Simbelmynë

Pipe

Trying to itch under the bandage on her arm, Ani Dao walked over to Yanithe. The Rohanian was busy sewing a patch on Gromfelt’s hat. The elf laughed remembering the astonished look on the dwarf’s face.

“That was a good shot, Yanithe.” She sat down next to the girl and offered her some meat, bread, and ale. “Hungry?” The girl looked up from her sewing at Ani Dao. The look in her eyes startled the elf. It was a mixture of amusement and distrust. The elf was taken aback, but she realized what the girl thought.

“Ok, I admit that I didn’t think you were capable enough to come on this journey in the first place but I’m glad—” she was cut off.

“I know what you were thinking. I know what everybody was thinking!” Yanithe made to get up, but Ani Dao pulled her back down and she herself stood up.

“Look, we have a long journey ahead of us and if we don’t get along then we won’t last. Almost everyone has a grudge against someone here! We’ve got to…” She didn’t know if she was getting through but forcing it on her like this wouldn’t help either. So the elf instead sat next to her. “I haven’t ever spoken with someone from your race. I don’t know if that has to do with anything, but just to throw it out there. I am honestly sorry about my prejudice thoughts. Friends?” It was the best Ani Dao could do. She wasn’t used to confrontations at all, but then again, this journey would change her indeed.
Old 02-25-2003, 09:08 PM   #51
Himaran
Ash of Orodruin

Sting

Bali saw to it that the wounded bandits were attended to and that the dead were buried. Though the group was a little shook up after the bandit attack, they tied up the prisoners and returned to their contest.

"Tomorrow evening we shall reach Bree. I hope for us to all stay at the fine inn known as the Prancing Pony; I have a friend who works there who can get us a good rate."
All in the party were thankful for this, for few of them had large sums with them.

Bali was happy to see that the company was getting along better. Apologies were given from one to the other in many cases. Leave it to a conflict with outsiders to bring the group together. Perhaps this is just what we all needed.

Bali also noticed the young hobbit who Burzdol had found. He had not intended on bringing any of the little folk along, but Burzdol was a good friend; (And Bali had not the heart to turn him away). Thus the evening was passed merrily.
Old 02-26-2003, 01:55 AM   #52
Arien
Shade of Carn Dûm

Arien has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via MSN to Arien
Silmaril

Belegond sat down next to Kili wearily, and Kili proceeded to tell Belegond for the fifth or sixth time how he had overpowered a bandit and nearly died. From what it sounded like Kili tripped the bandit up, but Belegond decided not to lower the dwarf's spirits. All Belegond could think of was the attak and he seemed to be the only troubled one. He looked around the company they all seemed to be laughing eating drinking. But for once Belegond wasn't, and it worried him. He had that feeling again the one he got before his father died. But that thought was soon put to rest and he decided to go for a walk.

"Shall I come with you?" asked Kili
"No, I want to go by myself, I will be back soon."
He stood up, a few people watched him and Bali said to be careful but Belegond was gone, he had picked up his weapons and walked past the spot were the horses were stolen. He wispered "Duelen, I will find you" and the kept walking.
Old 02-26-2003, 06:55 AM   #53
Himaran
Ash of Orodruin

Sting

Kaldon sat in the shadows at the back of the camp. Not wanted to show his deadly aim with his blades to people he might be eventually throwing them at, he stayed out of the throwing competition. He knew that he was the most distrusted member of the company, but the thought did not bother him much. For he knew that once they came to Bree, his reputation would rise; for reasons known only to him.

He looked over at the fire, where Hogar was chatting with Sarrello; like he was an old-time friend of him. I sure hope that dang dwarf doesn't go soft and squeal; or squeal at all for that matter. I'm in no position to carry out my mission just yet, and I need more time.

But then his blood ran cold, for looking over at the bandits, he recognized one of them. He had worked with him in the past. And that put him in a very dangerous position.

The prisoners would have to go; and soon. A plan formulated in Kaldon's mind. How to deal with the bandits; and raise his reputation in the group at the same time.

"I'm leaving for a while. I will be back first thing in the morning," he said to Bali. With that he saddled his own black stallion (which he had hidden in the woods) and galloped north, following the trail of the bandits.
Old 02-26-2003, 03:14 PM   #54
Burzdol
Shade of Carn Dûm

Sting

Burzdol knew Bali didn't want an extra person, so he made up his mind.I will pay for a small home for him in Bree and he can stay there. He liked the little hobbit, especially since it kept Hogar busy all the time.

His thoughts were disturbed by the galloping of a horse. The elf looked up to see Kaldon riding off north. He wondered about what he was doing as he watched the black siloette of horse and man getting smaller on the horizion.

As the figure disappeared Burzdol got up to do some more practice shooting. He hit a few more in the center this time. Well, at least my shot is getting better. Orcs will probably be easier to hit though, I hope. After he shot for a bit, the elf walked over to sit with Ani Dao.

When he arrived all he said was 'hi'. For all he wanted to do was listen.
Old 02-26-2003, 04:39 PM   #55
maikafanawen
Tears of Simbelmynë

Pipe

Yanithe shook hands with the elf and Ani Dao began to tell the rohanian about some past adventures of hers. Night began to cover the land like a black cape, and stars shown down through gaps in the forest canopy. Burzdol joined them and listened as Ani Dao talked:

"Hmm, let me see. I remember a small adventure. It was about one hundred and forty years before I left Mirkwood.” Ani Dao’s favorite thing was to tell stories, and right now, her two friends seemed intent on listening. “I was working with my trainer, Ahret Ban, late one evening. He told me that a band of orcs had been spotted in the forest and that a good portion of the guard had been dispatched to hunt them down and eliminate them. Looking at me with a bit of amusement and adventure-lust he proposed, ‘I’ll bet you a barrel of wine we’ll find ‘em first.’ I laughed thinking he was jesting. When his expression didn’t waver I got excited, ‘Really?’ He nodded and we retired back to the palace to prepare for the chase.

“ ‘Now listen Ani, we have two groups of about two dozen to avoid, one foe, and one friend. We must be very stealthy. It would be best if we found the orcs and took care of them and any evidence of their passing before the guard finds out,’ informed my trainer as we packed some food and a rope in a bag and tied our weapon belts around our waists. I nodded my acknowledgement, and without further delay we were off.

“Ahret Ban’s patience is great and mine is not so. We had not been searching three hours before I became anxious. ‘Where would they be? Why would they enter? Who spotted them and how far away were they?’ When I asked my trainer these questions he just shrugged his shoulders. ‘I’m not sure. But that’s what makes it challenging, my young apprentice.’ It took us four days before we found them, and by then I didn’t quite believe that Ahret was telling the truth. We heard them approaching and quickly hid ourselves in trees above the company.

“ ‘Irshk! What is the hold up? We keep going until we get out o’ this stinkin’ wood!’ A large black orc sniffed the air around him. Ahret and I held our breaths. ‘I can’t smell a thing in this forest.’ Orcs growled their frustration and little arguments broke out among them as the two leaders quarreled. Silently, my trainer slid down, out of the tree and bade me follow. We slunk up behind the orcs that had singled themselves out and slit their throats, hiding them in the woods behind. We took out eight before one of the others took notice. ‘Where did Burdau go? He was here a minute ago…’ Ahret Ban loosed an arrow that silenced the orc into death. Emerging from the forest he jested with them in a low voice: ‘I am the great elf warlock. Fear me, and return beyond the borders of this forest.’ The leader called Gurok gave out a snarled laugh, ‘Fear you? When you are have my size in weight?’ The orc swung his scimitar around and Ahret easily dodged it. ‘I give you another chance, orc,’ he spit out the word, ‘Leave.’ Infuriated the orcs came at him. In a blur, Ahret threw out kicks, punches, and slices with his dagger and ten more went down. The six remaining turned to run and I meeted them. I gripped my throwing knives like such,” Ani Dao had unsheathed her knives as she spoke and held them before her in demonstration, ‘I swung them around my head like this and released them.” All six knives broke free from her hands and found their marks in six different trees. “All of our opponents had been defeated in less than ten minutes.” Satisfied with herself she sat back down, leaving the knives where they were. “We quickly hid the bodies and went back to the palace. A week later, while we were speaking with my father in the throne room, the guard returned saying that the orcs must have left the forest because there was no trace of them left.”

Ani Dao got up to retrieve her knives, then returned to hear what her friends had to say of her story.
Old 02-26-2003, 05:21 PM   #56
Carlas
Shade of Carn Dûm

Carlas has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via MSN to Carlas
Tolkien

Durin leaned against a tall, damp tree as the sun slowly sank into the west. He sighed deeply, upset that the horses had been taken, even more so, that he had not stopped them.

He watched as Kaldon road off, he did not trust this dwarf, he seemed to prefer to be seperate from the others. Though he did not blame him, he did not always get along with people.

The sky darkened and the air grew cold. Only the low voices of the others talking disturbed the silence as Durin sat and thought.
Old 02-26-2003, 06:09 PM   #57
Earendil Halfelven
Wight

Earendil Halfelven has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Arlómë cleaned the blood off of his arrow, and returned it to his quiver. That was good practice, he thought. With his dúnedain hearing, he heard them coming long before he had to take his bow out. That made the second attack on the company-first was the hobbits, and now some bandits. Now Kaldon rode off by himself, which seemed a little peculiar. Why would you ride off by yourself right after you were attacked unless you had no reason to fear another attack while you were out? So Kaldon was the other traitor. Arlómë looked out into the darkening forest. Nothing's out there, he thought to himself. So it was Hogar and Kaldon he had to look out for. With one last look out into the forest, he walked over to join the others.

"...A week later, while we were speaking with my father in the throne room, the guard returned saying that the orcs must have left the forest because there was no trace of them left." Ani Dao finished saying as Arlómë joined the group, taking a place next to Yanithe. The others started commenting about Ani Dao's story.
"That was some nice fighting. You might have thought that because you are a girl, the others thought you couldn't handle yourself in combat. But, I knew that there was more to you. Why else would Bali ask you to come along? I have no doubt that you'll be able to show your skills before we get to Erebor." Arlómë said to Yanithe. He hoped that what he said would break the ice between them. He could sense that she was a little distrustfull of the others. This was going to be a long road to Erebor and he didn't want to spend it distrusting everyone.
Old 02-26-2003, 09:00 PM   #58
Eruantalon
Wight

Eruantalon has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Eruantalon
Sting

SAVED FOR BATTLE POST

[ February 27, 2003: Message edited by: Eruantalon ]
Old 02-27-2003, 01:40 AM   #59
Arien
Shade of Carn Dûm

Sting

Belegond had returned to camp, kaldon had gone and he thought this strange, but most of the company seemed to be keeping an eye on him so surely they knew. Belegond sat down beside the sleeping Kili. He glanced around at everyone, again they all seemed fine, nothing to worry them.

Belegonds eyes led him over to a group of three where the woman of Rohan sat. Yanithe, was her name if he had heard right, and he longed to speak to her but she seemed busy in conversation with the others and did not want to disturb them. Belegond lit his pipe, laid back on the cool grass and looked up at the stars. He often had done this with his mother, but that was long ago and so he thought of the journey ahead, as he did not want to reawaken old memories.
Old 02-27-2003, 08:29 AM   #60
Himaran
Ash of Orodruin

Sting

Kaldon spotted the bandits in the plains of Eriador, headed due north. His black stallion brought him closer to them every minute.

After about an hours travel, he took a short cut in a rocky pass and waited for the bandits to come round the corner.

He heard the clip-clop of many horses. As they came around the bend, he met them head on. He knives took two of the surprised bandits in the neck. Kaldon made a flying leap and hit the other bandit, knocking him of his saddle. One bandit was galloping away madly. Kaldon climbed back on his own horse, after grabbing his knives.

He followed the bandit at a crazy speed, flying through small mountainous areas where one wrong step would mean sure death. Finally, there was a moment where Kaldon had a good aim at him, and his mattock wistled through the air, landing in the bandit's back.

Kaldon hurled the bodies into a ravine, left the stunned bandit lying there, and gathered the horses. He rode slowly back south, many halters in his hand. He returned early to camp early in the morning.
Old 02-27-2003, 03:14 PM   #61
maikafanawen
Tears of Simbelmynë

Pipe

Night had fallen and each of the company had laid out their makeshift traveling beds, consisting mostly of blanketts spread over a soft piece of earth. Ani Dao finished the mending she had started on her boot, then laid back. A patch of sky was over her head as she peered through the forest canopy. Stars were bright above her, displaying their lights in splendor. The leaves rustled softly above her head. A peace settled over the land, but try as she might, her mind would not rest.

Thoughts drifted again, but not of Mirkwood or of adventure like they normally did. This time her thoughts settled on the people of the company: the dwarves, the men, the elves, and the little hobbit. She had spoken with the dwarves little, but as time wore on, she would make more conversation with some of her favorite of all races. She recalled Yanithe, the Rohanian girl. Ani Dao had made amends, but she still seemed distant.

Shrugging away any suspicions and suppositions, her mind settled on Burzdol, the magnificent elf whom she had befriended quickest. Ani Dao knew that her deepest friendship would be bonded with him. Their talks were always welcomed to Ani Dao, and his presence calmed her. The she-elf knew this journey would be difficult, and was glad that she felt she could count on him.

The stars hadn’t moved as she lay there. Time was going by slowly. She was so anxious for more adventure, to test her skills to their limits, to use every ounce of strength. The fight with the bandits had ignited the passion for adventure. She could tast the excitement of her future, physical And emotional, she thought, thinking of Burzdol again.

Sitting up, she walked out of the woods onto a little grass-covered ledge overlooking the valley below. The evening breeze brushed over her golden blonde hair. She felt relaxed all at once, just sitting there, letting the night cover her with its warm cape. Ani Dao untied the leather straps and feathers holding her hair out of her face and shook it loose. It cascaded down her shoulders like a waterfall, its vibrant glow challenging the moon. She began to sing:

A Elbereth, Gilthoniel
silivren penna miriel
o menel aglar elenath!
No-chaered palan-diriel
o galadhremmin ennorath
Fanuilos le linnathon
nef aear, si nef aeron!

She sang it over again and at the last line, another voice, strong and clear as a river, joined her song. The elf thought it was Eru or Manwe singing in the heavens. Ani Dao retied her hair, giving back to the moon its marvelous glory. Since sleep would not come, and she knew it, she watched the moon make its nightly rounds across the sky, until the sun took its place.

--------------------------------------------
--------------------------------------------

Carla's Post:

Durin sat on the cool earth, watching the stars wheel around in their endless circle. The trees rustled about him, though it was not loud enough to cover the voice he suddenly heard singing. He got up as silently as a dwarf could and walked towards the singing voice. As he neared a small ledge, he noticed the elf, Ani Dao sitting on the ground, looking up into the star filled sky.He walked up behind the elf, but with her elven senses, she already knew he was there.

"Hmmm, your going to wake the whole camp, which not too many will be happy with. Do you need to sing a lullaby before going to sleep?"He sat down beside her, looking over at a small river flowing by, just below the ridge." I don't know much about elven songs, but I'm sure I've heard that one before." He looked over at her silently as she pulled her long hair away from her face.

[ February 27, 2003: Message edited by: maikafanawen ]
Old 02-27-2003, 03:48 PM   #62
astarielle
Haunting Spirit

astarielle has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via ICQ to astarielle
Eye

Astarielle had returned though unnoticed with her horse Talhandir and a few others. Talhandir had clearly thrown a bandit of her back and killed him out right, for she was only loyal to Astarielle.

Astarielle did not care for stories often finding them tedious and open to change. Many noe held little truth but she did not doubt that as this story was being told by one of her kindred it was true enough.

Astarielle climbed a nearby tree and cleared her throat "Once more I say we tarry too long, that little attack back there should have increased your sense of urgency. We cannot become frivilous and complacent we must continue to travel or at the vey least have a watch. I can not guarantee that one set of eyes will save you all, we must be more wary. No doubt that group of bandits will be one of many, they will travel and tell the rest of them about us, do you not understand?"

Astarielle sighed prehaps she had been to harsh. Immediately she climbed down and hid in the shadows as she did not like everyone watching her.

Talhandir nuzzled her master's side, "You understand don't you Tal." she said softly. Quickly she mounted at set off at a brisk trot circling the the group at distance, she at least would watch, maybe then they would understand the importance of a watch.
Old 02-27-2003, 04:02 PM   #63
Burzdol
Shade of Carn Dûm

The Eye

Carlas's Post

Durin sat on the cool earth, watching the stars wheel around in their endless circle. The trees rustled about him, though it was not loud enough to cover the voice he suddenly heard singing. He got up as silently as a dwarf could and walked towards the singing voice. As he neared a small ledge, he noticed the elf, Ani Dao sitting on the ground, looking up into the star filled sky.He walked up behind the elf, but with her elven senses, she already knew he was there.
"Hmmm, your going to wake the whole camp, which not too many will be happy with. Do you need to sing a lullaby before going to sleep?"He sat down beside her, looking over at a small river flowing by, just below the ridge." I don't know much about elven songs, but I'm sure I've heard that one before." He looked over at her silently as she pulled her long hair away from her face.

Burzdol's Post

Buzdol watched the sunrise as it came over the horizon. He had been up for hours before the sun and gladly accepted its rays. The elf stood watching a wild group of horses running east. He had thought he had seen them earlier. My mind is playing tricks on me, probably just that I'm tired.

A few others awoke with the morning sun. Most were dwarves, which went to bed early. Then he saw others waking friends. Burzdol started a fire and put some meat on. Soon they were making eggs, steaks, and bread. All these and ale were given out to those who were awake. Some woke because of the heavenly aroma.

Burzdol let Ani Dao take over for a bit with the breakfast. His hands burn from handeling the ware. The elf poured a little water over his hands while he scanned the horizion. He for now was awaiting Kaldon's return to see what he had been doing when he left.

[ February 27, 2003: Message edited by: Burzdol ]
Old 02-27-2003, 04:58 PM   #64
Earendil Halfelven
Wight

Sting

Arlómë sat there smoking his pipeweed as the sun gently rose over the horizon. He had been awake throughout most of the night, watching. He had been waiting for Kaldon to return. He had returned with horses, which meant he had gone after the remaining bandits.

As the others cooked their breakfast, he ate a pack of lembas bread that he usually carried with him. He didn't carry a lot of fresh meats or other perishable foods. He mostly carried dried fruits and elven lembas bread, which was very good for the road. As he finished up eating, he made sure that Thalion was watered and ready to ride. He had the feeling that once they got to Bree, there would be trouble waiting for them. Also, he had mixed feelings about that little hobbit. What was a young hobbit doing out in the Eastfarthing so far from Buckland? This journey was getting stranger by the day.
Old 02-27-2003, 05:47 PM   #65
Eruantalon
Wight

Eruantalon has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Eruantalon
Sting

The morning came to the weary travelers. In the night Erulon heard a fair elven maiden singing. He walked out to the woods and sang for a short while. But then when he listened again a third voice joined in. Elbereth!! There must be traveling elves singing to her tonight. But the second voice is not an Elf?

The words and memory where still fesh in his mind. Why would a dwarf be singing with traveling Elves? He tried to understand thses strange things as he got ready for breakfest.

He knew few of the people there in the camp. There where too many things on his mind to talk to many before. What whould he say to such strange company.

As he ate he seemed busy in thought. I must ease my mind for a time. I can not run myself till I am dry.

He now took out his Lute. He sang the song Of Elbreth. Some parts he sang in Noldar some in the high language that the Vanya used. He sang of the beauty of the night sky. Even as the morning came to its rising. The notes shimmered and broke like cool waves on the shores in a summer night. Fragrent with dew and sweet warmth. The spirtits of the company where raised with his song. Bali sat beside him and listened.

When he finished he looked at his friend. "We need a talk now Bali. I have a service that can help us."
Old 02-27-2003, 06:46 PM   #66
maikafanawen
Tears of Simbelmynë

Pipe

Ani Dao extinguished the breakfast fire and went back to sit next to Yanithe who was finishing up her own breakfast.

“Well it looks like the company was well fed from the hearty meals,” said Ani Dao, re-braiding the bridle for her horse.

“Everyone’s getting ready to go to Bree, eh?” said Yanithe watching the dwarves place the pots and cooking ware in the wagon.

“Mm hmm, and going about it leisurely too. Soaking in every bit of serenity before the real adventure begins,” the elf put on her best doomsday face and watched the people with dark eyes. “Just you wait, when people start dying, and our food shortages run out completely and we’re licking the dew off of flowers for water—” Ani Dao laughed when Yanithe punched her in the arm jokingly.

“Yes Ani Dao, and you shall be the first to go,” said Yanithe smiling and getting up to go tend to her horse.

Ani Dao followed and brushed out her newly returned horse’s coat that was slightly caked with mud and covered in burrs. She then led him over to where the other horses were drinking from the small stream. After his thirst was quenched, she fed him from the supply of oats in the back of the wagon. When the young brown horse was taken care of, she hitched up his saddle, and tightened her saddlebag to the back, folding up her blanket inside.

When everything was ready, and the dwarves in the wagon, while the rest rode the horses recovered by Kaldon, the company set off for Bree before the morning was two hours old.
Old 02-27-2003, 07:05 PM   #67
Frodess
Haunting Spirit

Silmaril

Yanithë was not very talkative. Indeed, with strangers it was not her way. After leaving Ani Dao, she had given the dwarf his hat back, all sewed up. Again she apologized, still laughing at the image of Master Gromfelt reaching up on his toes for his hat.

After she had saddled up her horse, Alqua, Yanithë approached the man who had been staring at her for quite some time last night. She had indeed noticed, and she wanted to know why.

"So," she asked him, "How goes it, my lord?" Not being eloquent (and having spent most of her time with males, and soldiers at that) she knew not what to say.

Surely my awkwardness must make him smile, thought she. She shrugged her shoulders and waited for his reply.
Old 02-27-2003, 08:58 PM   #68
Burzdol
Shade of Carn Dûm

Sting

Burzdol saddeled his night black horse and got up. He was singing in his head the song an elf maiden was singing the night before. Not long after he got bored of sitting there, so he decided to ride for a bit.

He found a nice little clearing with a single tree in its center. The elf practiced coming at it with his sword whilst on his horse. After that he decided to throw his knives and shoot arrows at the tree. I need any practice I can get. If we want to survive this trip we're going to have to be in top shape.

Burzdol spotted a little red through two trees. "You can come on out here Serello, anyway I want to teach you something."

The small hobbit walked into the clearing. "Yes, master Burzdol?"

"Do you have any weapons, boy?"

"No sir. I never had to use one before and I don't know how to use one."

"Hold on here for a moment," Burzdol rode for the camp. When the elf came up beside the wagon he pulled out his old short sword. He thrust it in his belt and went back to Serello. When he got there he taught Serello how to use the short sword. Burzdol lead his horse to a small stream and tied him up so he could drink and graze.

The elf watched the hobbit fight the tree. Burzdol took out the log he started to carve earlier. He worked on that while Serello practiced.

A call came into the woods for the two. With one final swing of his sword the hobbit joined Burzdol on his horse.

Hogar woke late. As soon as he got up he looked for Serello. He found the hobbit in line for Ani Dao's cooking. Phew, I thought I lost him already.

The dwarf went to talk with others of the party. When he looked up he couldn't find the hobbit. For awhile he searched only to find when a dwarf called, Burzdol rode out of the woods with Serello on his horse. The red haired hobbit clutched a small sword in his hannds. When Serello got off, Hogar went to him and fussed over him like a mother about running off from him.

When the dwarf stopped scolding, the two got packed up. Why did he run away. I am supposed to look after him, not the elf. Hogar glared at Burzdol who was in a happy mood. I'll get him and that stupid Bali, and if the half witted man Eruantalon tries to stop me. I'll get him too.

[ February 28, 2003: Message edited by: Burzdol ]
Old 02-28-2003, 08:36 AM   #69
Himaran
Ash of Orodruin

The Eye

The company gathered there things and left the campsite early in the morning; thanks to the horses which Kaldon had recovered. No one knew what happened to the bandits that had stolen them, but no one really cared either. It was obvious that members of the group had a new respect for the young man, whom they would have described as "cocky" a day before.

They travelled for about a day before they reached Bree. It was a large town, built entirely out of wood with a little stone, and with a tall wall encircling it. The Breelings kept to themselves as the party rolled through the muddy streets (for it was raining), as they were suspicious of outsiders.

After arriving at the inn known as The Prancing Pony, Bali proctured rooms on the second story and stables for the horses and the cart. Once they were put away, the company met in a quiet part of the common room.

"Tomorrow," said Bali, "we will all need to help find and buy supplies for our journey. Until we reach Rivendell there are no establishments, and we will need snoeshows, canvas tents, and a full load of fresh provisions. But tonight we will merely enjoy ourselves. Let us have a good meal and make new friends. I am going to try to get a few more warriors to come with us on the journey, and you are all welcome to also; providing they have a horse (or, in the case of a dwarf, will ride in the wagon). You are all free to do whatever you wish. But make sure you get a good night's rest and are waiting at this table first thing in the morning." The company then dispersed.

Kaldon looked around. Green cloak, green cloak, where is he? He eventually found the man sitting by the bar. Kaldon went over to him. Ordering a drink casually, he spoke to the man in low tones for a while. The man slipped him a paper, and Kaldon slipped him one in return. The man glanced at it and chuckled. Then he left the bar and disappeared.

Kaldon read the letter. It was from his father, the man attacking Erebor. Kaldon had been brought up in the northern wastlelands, which were fraught with danger. His siblings and mother were dead. He had survived, by wit and the skills his father had taught him. Now he was the warlord's private superweapon, that could go anywhere and do anything he asked. His mission had been to kill Bali at the Green Dragon, but as that had failed he had turned to more suttle means.

Like the forged notice that stated Bali was wanted for robbery in the Shire. That would do the job sure as any would.
Old 02-28-2003, 10:59 AM   #70
Arien
Shade of Carn Dûm

Shield

Belegond now sat in the prancing pony surveying it for any worthy travellers. He remembered the following day. He had woken up to the sight of Duelen, standing with the other stolen horses. Bali had said that Kaldon had retrieved them. Most of the company were pleased and seemed a little kinder to Kaldon, but Belegond still didn’t trust him. Yanithë had also approached him that morning "So," she had asked him, "How goes it, my lord?". Belegond had smiled at her for she seemed very awkward, she also must of him staring at her for most of the night.

“My lady, I am fine, yourself?” he had asked.
“I am good….”
“You probably wonder why, I was looking at you last night, is that not true?”
“’Tis true.”

Belegond explained to her how his mother was a lady of Rohan, and how he had lived there once…..Belegond was interrupted at this point by Bali. He wanted them to ride now so they could reach Bree soon. Belegond turned to Yanithë, said farewell and went Duelen.

They had rode in silence mainly, and Belegond’s eyes were still upon Kaldon. By the time they reached the Prancing Pony it was dark and everyone was tired. Bali had briefed them all on what to was happen and told them all that tonight was a time to have fun, but also look for new warriors for the journey.

As he looked around the Inn his eyes fell upon Yanithë. She sat alone, near the back of the Inn, it seemed she was looking for people to recruit as well. Belegond walked over to her table and sat down opposite.

“Hello, My lady, I am sorry, I never finished our conversation”
“Indeed you did not, will you now?”
“Yes, I am intrigued by you, as my mother is from Rohan, I lived there when I was young. But I left, and I have never returned, not in many years. Rohan is one land that I do not travel in. That is one reason why I voted for the company to take the pass. How is Rohan these days?”

Belegond’s blue eyes looked into hers, would she think him strange for not wanting to go to Rohan, she might. But then she had not heard the full story.
Old 02-28-2003, 12:29 PM   #71
Himaran
Ash of Orodruin

Sting

Bali had talked to several men from Gondor; and all wished to come and fight for Erebor. One of them, Haliro, was a man from the tower guard. He had been sent north on a special errand, but had finished his task and was willing to lend his sword the aid the dwarves.

Bali had also met a Ranger, known as Belfalod. He was a young man, about Kaldon's age, who wore a heavy brown cloak around him. He had piercing green eyes and short blond hair.

The warrior was eager to go on the journey, for he claimed to be heading east anyway. Bali saw the heavy bow and double quiver-set the man carried, but did not notice the pair of daggers kept behind his belt.

After making arrangements with his new followers, Bali returned to his seat at the back of the inn, poring over old maps and marking out routes. Eruantalon sat down with him.

"Erulon, this is my plan for our journey after we leave Bree. We head due west through the wastlelands, but turn south slightly to miss that marsh. Then we continue west, passing through weathertop, and at last reaching Rivendell. Few elves live there now to my knowledge, but some remain, as do dwarves and other folk. We will leave our horses and wagon there, and continue on foot.

After that our journey becomes perilous once more. We travel northwest for a day before we reach Caradhras. Then you come in, for I know you have made the journey over the pass before."

Erulon looked over the map closely. "Bali, I think it would be wise to keep our course south of the marsh, and stay far from weathertop. Its name among the dúnedain is black."

"Why would you say so? I know little of it other then that it is a place with shelter."

Eruantalon was now watching the entrance to the inn. A small group of the local guard had entered the common room, armed with short swords and stalves. It was obvious that they were looking for someone. "Bali, do you think that someone in our group has stirred up trouble?"

The dwarf eyed them, but sat back soon and sipped his ale. "I doubt it, but there is always the possibility. Probably nothing to worry about."
Old 02-28-2003, 12:31 PM   #72
Earendil Halfelven
Wight

Sting

The Ranger sat there drinking the famed ale of The Prancing Pony.
"My compliments to you, Master Butterbur. Your ale is one of the reasons I stop here." Arlómë said to the master of the inn.
"Thank you Master Ranger. Its been awhile since you were here last." Butterbur said.
"I've been on many journies. Speaking of journies, I'm on one right now." Arlómë said in reply.
"Oh...and where might you be a headed?" Butterbur asked.
"To the dwarf mountain of Erebor. There's some trouble there, which I'm going to help out in." Arlómë answered.
"If I may say, sir, men shouldn't mix themselves up in dwarf business."
"Well, theres dwarf treasure involved as a reward." Arlómë answered with a wink.
"Oh...well thats a different story then." Butterbur said as he softly chuckled to himself. Suddenly, Butterbur looked up at Arlómë with a look in his eyes that said he was struggling to remember something.
"You wouldn't happen to be traveling with a dwarf by the name of Bali?" he asked Arlómë.
"As a matter of fact, I am. Bali is the dwarf who is leading us." Arlómë answered.
"There was some men who turned up yesterday asking for a Mr. Kaldon who would be traveling with a Bali the dwarf." Butterbur looked around the bar. "There goes one of them talking to someone else." Butterbur said.

Arlómë looked were Butterbur motioned. There was Kaldon talking to a man in a green cloak. He saw them talking to eachother in low tones and then they passed some papers between them. Arlómë knew that he must find Bali and warn him and some of the others. Maybe he should tell Ani Dao and Belegond. They could then pass the word onto the others to be on the watch. Arlómë got up to leave.
"Thank you Butterbur for your fine ale. May your ale ever be fresh and your inn ever full of travelers."
"Goodbye Master Ranger. Don't forget to stop by the Pony when you come back with some of that dwarf treasure." Butterbur said.

Arlómë looked around for Bali and some of the others. He saw Bali and Erulon sitting at a table in the corner, so he walked over to them.
"Bali, Erulon, I need to have a quick word with you two." Arlómë said quietly.
"Yes, Arlómë, what is it?" Bali said.
"I just found some information that some strangers have been asking for Kaldon. I've seen one of them and the look of the stranger says that he can't be trusted. I suspect that there is going to be trouble soon. Just because Kaldon saved a few horses doesn't mean that he is trustworthy."
Bali said nothing as he looked around and saw Kaldon talking to the stranger. Erulon looked over and saw some guards enter the Pony.
"We might have some trouble now." he said
Arlómë looke over and saw the local guard.
"I'm going out to find some of the others and warn them. I fear that we might have to leave Bree sooner than we thought." And with that said, Arlómë got up and walked out of the Prancing Pony. But he had the feeling that he should stay with Bali and Erulon. No, he thought. They can handle themselves.

[ February 28, 2003: Message edited by: Earendil Halfelven ]
Old 02-28-2003, 12:49 PM   #73
Himaran
Ash of Orodruin

Sting

Kaldon had talked to several men sent by his father. He had gotten all the information he needed, and had not been seen by anyone. That is, until he saw Arlómë talking with Bali, give him a suspicious look and leave the inn.

Kaldon now knew that he had been spotted. He was no longer safe in the company. I will have to leave the work to Belfalod, and hope that he wouldn't make the same mistake of being too obvious.

Kaldon hurried to his room, grabbed some things and shut the door, locking it.That may buy me a little time. He had failed to complete his mission within the group but had left a traitor in their midst, and one that Hogar (whom he now did not trust) did not know. He would now have the harder job of making the journey on his own. But that really didn't bother him.

Kaldon was making for the back stairs when he spotted the elf Burzdol coming up them.
"Where are you going, Kaldon." Burzdol's voice was heavy with suspicion.

"Going out for the night, where's none of your business." The elf made to stop him, but Kaldon had a knife in his hand and hurled it at him. Burzdol dodged it. And came at him.

The elf had exceptional fighting skills, dispite his lack of a weapon. He came at Kaldon with a series of punches, twists and flying kicks that would have proved deadly to an ordinary foe. But Kaldon was no ordinary foe. He dodged the blows and landed as solid kick into the elf's face, sending him crashing to the floor.

But as Kaldon came at him to finish him off with his second knife, Burzdol swung his one leg upward. It missed Kaldon's head but connected with his hand, sending the mattock into the wall. Kaldon reached down and grasped his arm and leg, and threw the elf at the far wall, but Burzdol twisted around and hit it feet first, landing on the floor in a crouch.

Kaldon then rushed him. Burzdol side-stepped, but Kaldon moved in sync with the elf and landed two more hard punches into his face. The elf hit the floor, hard. Retriving his mattocks, Kaldon made to throw one at him had not Burzdol leaped up again. Wipeing the blood off his pummled face, the elf (seeing the knives in his hand) disappeared down a stairwell.

The man fled the opposite way, not worrying about the alarm that would soon be sounded. He went out the door and disappeared into the night.

[ February 28, 2003: Message edited by: Himaran ]
Old 02-28-2003, 12:54 PM   #74
Kili
Pile O'Bones

Kili has just left Hobbiton.
1420!

Kili woke up and found himself in a room, his head still hurt after drinking all that ale. Kili then rememberd he was in the Prancing Pony and what Bali said. He went down to the comon room to search for likely warriors. He stood in the door way a glanced around the room. Belegond sat with the young woman, Kili saw Dain by himself he decided to apologise to him for what had happened out side the Green Dragon. He sat next to Dain.

"Hello my friend, and how are you?" said Kili smiling
"Very well, thankyou." replied Dain
"Sorry about earlier, outside the Green Dragon. I think I may came off as hostile. But Belegond is a great friend of mine and I owe him alot......." Kili's voice trailed off, "I owe him my life."
"'Kili at your service!'said the one. 'And Fili!' added the other; and they both swept off their blue hoods and bowed. 'At yours and your family's' replied Bilbo, remembering his manners this time. 'Dwalin and Balin here already, I see' said Kili. 'Let us join the throng!'"
Old 02-28-2003, 05:19 PM   #75
Carlas
Shade of Carn Dûm

Carlas has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via MSN to Carlas
1420!

Durin sat in the Prancing Pony, talking and drinking merrily. He had not found any real good warriors, but had found some young dwarves to talk with. He talked mainly of the adventures he had been on with his father and how he had defeated most easily(though he exadurated quite a bit).

He looked around the inn, as the others started to talk amongst eachother. It was like any other inn, loud and cheerful. It was also very crowded, dwarves, elves, men, even hobbits. It seemed to be very popular, though he understood why, the ale was great! He took a long sip and went back to his conversation.
Old 02-28-2003, 05:33 PM   #76
Frodess
Haunting Spirit

Silmaril

"How is Rohan these days?" he had asked. What a question!

"My lord, I could not tell you, for it has been a while indeed since I have walked in my own land. I fear, my lord, that I shall never return." With this, the woman (as she preferred to be called) halted her conversation. She told this man far too much. She looked down at her hands nervously. What would he say?

[ February 28, 2003: Message edited by: Frodess ]

[ February 28, 2003: Message edited by: Frodess ]
Old 02-28-2003, 07:32 PM   #77
maikafanawen
Tears of Simbelmynë

Pipe

When the elf assassin walked into the inn, a warm aroma of food and pipe-weed welcomed her. After meeting with the rest of the company, she ventured outside to be with her horse. She had thought of a name for him; Uesse, which meant Unnamed. It was comical she thought, but nothing elegant to get attached too. The elf fastened a lead rope on his bridal and led him into the small stable yard. She walked him around her in a circle, having him jump for her. Ani Dao teased him with an apple then patted Uesse tenderly behind his ears. Mounting him, she rode him down the road of Bree looking at the different inns, smithies, and homes along its cobblestone road, Uesse’s hooves clinking rhythmically. She scanned the buildings and finally found the one she was looking for. Securing her horse’s lead rope on the porch railing, she stepped over the three steps and onto the porch of the apothecary.

The chimes by the door hummed faintly as she entered through the cedar door. The pharmacist recognized the girl from behind a pair of moon shaped glasses. She jumped up from where she was labeling the herbs and screeched:

“Ani Dao!!” The old woman ran towards the elf and began yelling at her, “you walked out of here three weeks ago without paying for the spices and herbs! I swore that if you ever came back I would give you a beating like your mother never thought of! You come here little girl, I’ll tear that golden hair right out of her head!!” The woman leapt at the hysterical Ani Dao, who held her arms back as she tried to recover from laughing.

“Peace, Kementurien! I’ve come to pay you silly witch.” Ani Dao shoved Kementurien back from her and tossed the bag of gold between them. The pharmacist put her hands on her hips and glared at Ani Dao. She looked at the bag on the ground and sweeped it up into her pocket, satisfied. Walking back over to the counter she resumed her task. Approaching the woman cautiously, the elf pulled up a chair and sat across from Kementurien.

“Um, Kemi?—”

“Silence child!” said the woman holding up a hand and rearranging her glasses on her nose. The old woman didn't except the fact that the assassin was 2700 years old, and some. Her appearance and simple attiude convinced Kementurien that Ani Dao was merely a child. So the elf waited patiently until the earth master was ready to speak with her.
Old 02-28-2003, 11:41 PM   #78
Earendil Halfelven
Wight

Sting

Arlómë walked down the street. He was unable to find any of the other members. But he was able to find a new recruit to join them on the journey. The new recruit, whose name was Einen, was going to meet Arlómë in the Prancing Pony. With no luck and no other members in sight, Arlómë passed by the apothecary on his way back to the Pony.
"I think somebody needs to be taught a lesson in minding his own business." said a voice behind him.
Arlómë turned. "Kaldon." he said. Kaldon had his pack and he was leading his horse towards the main gate of Bree. He was leaving.
"Where are you off to?" Arlómë asked, but he already knew the answer.
"Stop with the questions, Ranger! I just wanted to make sure that I left you with a goodbye present to remember me by."

Kaldon lunged at Arlómë with knife in hand. Arlómë dodged to the right, and at the same time his right hand grabbed Kaldon's knife hand and began to twist it. But then Kaldon twisted his body around, and aimed a kick into Arlómë's stomach. Arlómë was knocked back. Then Kaldon, sensing that he didn't have a lot of time to escape before the local guard showed up, through his knife directly at Arlómë's head. Arlómë had just enough time to draw his own knife and deflect Kaldon's deadly missile. With a yell of frustration Kaldon charged, but noticing the local guardsmen running to the scene and Ani Dao walk out of the apothecary, he stooped, picked up his knife, and jumped on his horse.
"Till we meet again, Ranger." Kaldon said. Then he was gone.
Old 03-01-2003, 01:44 AM   #79
Arien
Shade of Carn Dûm

Sting

Belegond saw now that the woman was nervous. He wondered if he should venture on with the conversation about Rohan. He did, for he was curious.

"Why do you not go there?" there was silence,"We have something in common then!" Belegond smiled but inside he felt stupid. How could he suggest such a thing, surely her reason could be worse, or better. They sat for a long time, no one said anything, it was obvious to Belegond that he had touched something. Maybe she thought that he was another one of those men who thought he was better than her. Thats why she did not want to speak. But he was not.

He took another sip of his ale and waited for a answer.
Old 03-01-2003, 06:35 AM   #80
Himaran
Ash of Orodruin

Sting

Kaldon road out of Bree in a hurry, but as soon as he was out he slowed the pace of his horse. He trotted up to a rockpile by the road, and waited there.

Soon Belfalod appeared. "Kaldon."

"Belfalod. I'm leaving now, with the rest of the group. Its in your hands now to take out Bali and stop the group. Here's one piece of information that you don't know. The cart is rigged and the wheel axles will break as soon as you hit bad weather. Oh yes, and one more bit of advice. Be friendly with everyone, especially the elf and that one ranger. And don't trust Hogar."

Kaldon road off, leaving Belfalod standing there. He made his way back inside Bree, and was on his way to the inn when he saw a man and elf talking that appeared to be from the group. "Hail, ranger," he said, recognizing the man's proffession. The man and elf turned...