Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-27-2003, 08:46 PM   #1
piosenniel
Desultory Dwimmerlaik

piosenniel is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Sting Reclaiming the City RPG

The Ruling Ring's first post for Fededhor

Fededhor walked along the dirt path slowly, the road and the errand the only thing to distract him from the misery that weighed like chains. He reached the meeting place, a small garden with a line of benches and one in front of them. He took his place in the latter, sitting back with a dismal sigh.

No sooner had he settled himself, than three soldiers entered the scene. They all halted when they saw him, gazing at him hesitantly, expectantly. Fededhor returned this only with a look of mild recognition, signaling with his eyes that they should sit down.

“We shall wait for the others, to begin,” Fededhor said softly, forcing a meek smile. “And I hope you understand, but I don’t feel as if I could speak, until then.”

The others nodded in their turn, then sat rigid as they waited, not even speaking to each other, barely looking to their left or right, preferring to stare surreptitiously at the ground.

After a pause, the last four soldiers came into the garden, speaking in low voices to each other. They looked in near-unison at Fededhor and the other soldiers, their talk ceasing at the sight. They took their seats swiftly and silently. Fededhor breathed in.

“Men,” he began. “I am sure that you have all found out one way or another already what has happened to the settlement outside of this place, and it is mostly for this reason that I will not speak of it again. What you may not know, though, is what you will be asked to do about it,” he looked up and around him with a steely gaze. “This village has not just broken communication with us in the usual way of not sending or responding to goods, and the like. The people of the place have also stopped all contact with friends and relations living here, there hasn’t been a rider or errand runner to emerge in weeks, not a fire can be seen at night. But for its proximity,” Fededhor gestured vaguely to the trees at his right, outside of which was a stretch of the road that passed the settlement, “I would think that the village had ceased to exist! And this is very troubling to me—,” he broke off hastily then, his eyes flickering back to the dirt, before riveting back on the soldiers, who merely sat, looking on in silence. He breathed in deep again. “We are being sent to find out what has happened to the settlement. We are merely to investigate it. Even if something dreadful has happened, we are to return here, for reinforcements at least, before doing anything else. But rest assured, if something dreadful has happened, when reinforcements are assembled, I plan to be at the head of the line,” he looked around at the others, the pride of his statement, echoed in his face, dissolving into a look of submissive sadness. “I hope that, when the time comes, you are all there, too…and that we are all glad for it,” Fededhor stood up, his hand vaguely brushing the hilt of the sword that hung at his side. “Still, I know that I am getting ahead of pressing matters. It is true, we don’t know what has happened, or what to expect, when we reach the settlement, and all any of us will be expected to do is find out.”

[ March 28, 2003: Message edited by: piosenniel ]
Old 03-27-2003, 08:48 PM   #2
piosenniel
Desultory Dwimmerlaik

piosenniel is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Sting

The Ruling Ring's first post for Pirk

Pirk looked down at his reflexion in the muddy water at his feet, gathering a pinkish hue as the blood of the human in front of him dribbled down the face and dripped into it. Pirk kicked the puddle, splashing filthy flecks of water on the human, and the orcs surrounding him.

"Take him away," Pirk grunted at this subordinates. He raised the hand he'd gouged the human with and signalled to his second in command, who came after him, separating himself from the orcs that held the rebellious soul. "Things are bad," he said, turning to Groshan. "They want to know what we're going to do next."

"Who?" the other said. "Not--"

"Of course!" Pirk hissed. "Who else? They want to know what we're doing now, and what we'll do next. And I can't tell them any of that."

"What's wrong with--?" the other orc began again.

"Can't you see?" Pirk mumbled. "What do you think will happen, if they find that we haven't even crushed the remaining humans here, yet! What kind of soldiers are we training to be? They only let us come here to train, and we've barely begun that. How can we, with these humans scrabbling about?"

"So, let's be done with them!" his companion replied. "Make a quick snack of the lot. There can't be many left."

"But, that's just it," Pirk turned his troubled, pallid eyes to meet those of the other orc. "There are."

[ March 28, 2003: Message edited by: piosenniel ]
Old 03-28-2003, 10:12 PM   #3
Arvedui III
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Arvedui III has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Arvedui III
Shield

Grumish leaned against a poll. The fire and wreak of the ransacked city surounded him. The air was full of burning flesh, it was to him, wholesome. The uruk's black eyes stared unseingly at serveral bodies on the ground. He drew his scemitar. "Not yet." said a voice behind him, it was Pirk. "I did as you said, now for my end of the deal." "You can't, not yet. We've got to take control of this town, take prisinors." "Prisoners?!"
Grumish was outraged. What possible use could prisoners be? He'd held up his end to Pirk, undergone the training, yielded to, them. Why did they have to take prisoners? The rage he felt didn't show though, his face was a hidious, callous mask. He looked down at the orc in front of him.

This always made him feel better, staring down at Pirk. Even if he had to take orders, they both knew who would win a test of one-on-one combat. He had no intention of doing so, though. Pirk had given him two little orcs to look after. He had hated them, and the responisibily of them. They were annoying. They had died.
So, he had a gruding respect in Pirk, something rare for orcs.He trusted his judgment. Grumish drew his swords and headed away from the tantilizing bodies to a part of the settlement not smoldering. The silent eyes chose their target, a small humble house tucked neatly into a corrner.

He hacked the door open. There were screems, and to him they were better then any song in any tounge. "Pirk!" he called, and Pirk along with several others ran to him. "Prisoners you wanted, prisoners I give." and he grined his horrible orc grin at the poor souls trapped in the house.
Old 03-28-2003, 10:36 PM   #4
GaladrieloftheOlden
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Location: Massachusetts - digging up a bottomless hole, searching for something that's not there...
GaladrieloftheOlden has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to GaladrieloftheOlden Send a message via MSN to GaladrieloftheOlden Send a message via Yahoo to GaladrieloftheOlden
Pipe

Oghurn looked around, his glance passing without stopping over burnt down houses and corpses in the streets, dropped weapons and limbs all around, looking only for an orc to take an order from. He was wondering what it might be, and already felt the pleasure of the evil tasks he felt sure were ahead consume him. He shook off the feelings as he saw Pirk and Grumish standing in the midst of the wreckage.

Oghurn could not hear them from where he stood, but he was a better reader of faces than he had ever let on. If he had shown his gift, some larger orcs, no doubt, would rid him of it, and much else besides. He saw in Grumish's face a dark rage, concealed well, but, nonetheless, not from those watching from afar. He wondered vaguely what it was about, but decided not to interfere. He saw a Man crawl out of a dwelling wouded, and kicked him hard with his iron-tipped boot. He groaned and lay still. Oghurn's face changed expression to what would have been called a rather evil grin, if it had been upon a fairer face.

He stood among the bodies and the ruins, and smiled again. This was what he, Oghurn the Orc, reveled in.

[ March 30, 2003: Message edited by: piosenniel ]
Old 03-28-2003, 11:23 PM   #5
Meoshi
Wight

Meoshi has just left Hobbiton.
White-Hand

The morning after the night raid. The sun shimmered on the trees and water, and birdsong was carried in the wind. The dew shone many colors on the grass. It was a beautiful morning.

The scene was promptly ruined by the large spider that descended on a thread from a tree. He was about the size of a full-grown hobbit, or a young human- it didn't matter to him, they were both tasty.

Morachion poked the human stuck in webbing that he had hung between the trees. She was a young woman, and had been trying rather violently to break free when he had bitten her with the sleeping vemon. Now, she hung limp on the web. There was another human caught in another part of the web, also stunned. He was a man of roughly the same age. Pirk will want to see this, he thought to himself. Still, if these were running from the city, others could have escaped.

Morachion began cutting the human loose from the web, and dragging her back toward the burning city. Perhaps they will let me have some of them as a snack, he mused. Some hideous form of a smile broke out on the spiders face.

[ March 29, 2003: Message edited by: Meoshi ]
Old 03-29-2003, 12:11 AM   #6
Mauwurz
Pile O'Bones

Mauwurz has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Mauwurz looked around at the ruin and destruction of this small town,it was completely destroyed and would have to be rebuilt from the foundations.
A smile formed on the hideous face,burnt and scarred,he threw back his head and laughed,if you could call it a laugh,it was more a cackle.

*This is what I love*Mauwurz thought,plundering and killing,fighting was fun aswell but not as joyful as killing innocent people and burning their houses and belongings.He reached up a long,hairy arm and scratched his head,*this was hard work* he though to himself.

Mauwurz walks of to try and find some of his companions,he draws his sword and slashes at bushes and trees that haven't been totally burnt.

[ March 29, 2003: Message edited by: Mauwurz ]
Old 03-29-2003, 05:16 AM   #7
Niluial
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Niluial has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Niluial Send a message via MSN to Niluial
Sting

“Mommy, where are we going?” Emilia asked, with a teary confused face. Georeliela did not answer, she had no answer! There was too much on her mind. Where were they going? What if one of the orc’s catch up? Georeliela thought back to the horrifying night before…

Bash bash, her heart went cold. She held Tonguir her baby close in her arms and grabbed Emilia by the hand, but squeezed ever so tight. She draped a black cloak over them! The back window was open and they climbed out running into the streets ducking and making sure no orc saw them. She looked back on her house. No sooner the house was on fire and she could see the shadows of the orcs along the wall, searching for them! They ran far but they still remained in the burning city. The smell of burning flesh made her sick and the site of the houses burning made her cry.

“Mommy, mommy!” Emilia tugged, bringing Georeliela back to earth, “why are you ignoring me mommy?” Georeliela picked Emilia up and kissed her silky forehead, holding both her children in her arms. Georeliela wanted to cry and tell her children that they must be faithful and that everything was going to turn out but she just couldn’t speak. Emilia played with a piece of her moms hair. They kept on walking but they hid behind trees and made sure there was no orc in site. All she needed to make her life worse was to be captured or killed.

Georeliela herd some movement in the bushes next to her. She couldn’t see who it was but she froze. She caught site of his face, and his hairy arms and a great large polished sword. She saw the face again and her breath was taken away. She gasped for air but she couldn’t breathe. “Mauwurz” she whispered to herself. She hid behind a tree not wanting this evil man to see her. He looked in her direction. He must have heard something she thought. So she made sure she was perfectly inline with the tree. But he walked over in her direction ….

[ March 29, 2003: Message edited by: Niluial ]

[ March 29, 2003: Message edited by: Niluial ]
Old 03-29-2003, 03:06 PM   #8
Malcu Luinthol
Pile O'Bones

Malcu Luinthol has just left Hobbiton.
The Eye

Unglusch looked down from the top of the bank. Scout duty. He hated it, but it always seemed to be his role in these larger attacks. Maybe it was because of the extra spped offered to him by his warg mount. These thoughts would have to wait, however, as the main concern at the moment was the lone human wandering towards the battle scene wondering about the smoke which was clearly visible for miles around.

The human was young, and looked as though he was some sort of messenger. This would be his last message...

Unglusch growled, and Grulfang padded slowly towards him. He leapt onto his mount, reached for his bow and skidded down a nearby embankment. One shot and the man was down. Unglusch approached the body, and lifted the bag the man had been carrying. Leaving the corpse for Grulfang to feast on, he walked back to the top of the hill to continue his duty. Once the watch was changed he would notify Pirk of his discovery. Th information might be useful, and even more useful would be having Pirk in his debt...

Unglusch smiled, if it could be called that, and turned back to his watch.
Old 03-29-2003, 03:14 PM   #9
Sophia the Thunder Mistress
Scent of Simbelmynë

Sophia the Thunder Mistress has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Sophia the Thunder Mistress
Sting

Farien’s eyes flickered open. A strand of her long brown hair was plastered across her face, trailing into the muddy water. Farien stared at it for a moment, trying to comprehend what had happened. She realized she was lying on the ground with her face in a puddle. She struggled to sit up, but couldn’t move. A wave of pain threatened to knock her out again. Slowly she raised her hand to her face, touching the puffy bruised flesh around her eyes. She groaned.

A tiny whimper beside her brought her attention back to the moment. The curly blond head of her two year old daughter, Arrin, nestled at her side. The mud in Arrin’s hair made Farien furious, she suddenly remembered all that had happened.

***The dark in the house was shattered by flames elsewhere in the town. Farien gathered her children together in the back bedroom. Ten year old Telmir held the youngest, Arrin, in his arms while Serra, age six, huddled in front of them, her wide brown eyes filled with terror. The screaming began, voices crying out in the night, voices Farien might have recognized had she been paying attention.

Eregiâth, her husband had left when the attack started, gone to help whoever needed helping. Farien was proud of her husband, watched him go; understanding that he might not return. She took up a kitchen knife and hurried to the back bedroom.

They had waited for hours when the door was kicked open. The ugly twisted face of an orc had loomed over them. Farien reacted before she thought, slashing out at the orc with her knife. She grazed the side of his arm with her knife point, saw blood dribble down, before she was backhanded by the furious orc. The world spun around her, the knife fell from her fingers, and she was dragged outside, dragged away from her children. She heard Serra scream as a second orc threw her over his shoulder.

Farien struggled wildly, screaming her children’s names, “Arrin! Serra! Telmir!” The orc holding her laughed. She turned and spit in his face. His heavy hand struck her across the face and she lost consciousness.***

Farien rolled over in the mud, ignoring the aches from where the orcs had beaten her. She reached out and pulled Arrin in close to her, kissing her on the top of the head, comforting the crying girl. She looked around. Serra and Telmir were sitting close by watching all that went on with wide eyes. She reached out to them. Serra ran to her, burying her face, and Telmir came close and took her hand. She pulled him to her and hugged him. Then they sat, waiting, to see what the orcs would do with them.
The seasons fall like silver swords, the years rush ever onward; and soon I sail, to leave this world, these lands where I have wander'd. O Elbereth! O Queen who dwells beyond the Western Seas, spare me yet a little time 'ere white ships come for me!
Old 03-29-2003, 06:41 PM   #10
ArwenBaggins
Shade of Carn Dûm

Location: I don't know... will there be a quiz on this later?
ArwenBaggins has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to ArwenBaggins Send a message via Yahoo to ArwenBaggins
Eye

Eregiâth moaned as his eyes opened, making blood trickle from a cut on his brow. For a split second he didn’t know where he was, but was painfully reminded by Orc laughter and Mortal screams. A large Orc came up to him, lifting his chin with a long blade.

"Get up." The Orc hissed. Eregiâth grunted a no as the blade sliced across his throat, spilling blood on the blade. "Don’t you hear me??" The Orc kicked Eregiâth’s leg, making him stand.

Anger ran through his blood. "Where are my wife and children? If you hurt them..." He pushed himself in the Orc’s direction.

The Orc pretended to be concerned, pulling the blade from Eregiâth’s throat and pointing it toward a dark corner. "Oh, the sorry mother with the three bratty kids? We threw them over there."

Eregiâth put up a fist, but lowered it because he knew the Orc would fight back. "Farien is not sorry. She is a great woman," He narrowed his eyes. "And Telmir, Serra, and Arrin are not ‘bratty’. The are very well-mannered and respectful."

The Orc laughed. "I’m sorry. My mistake. Now get over there with them before I change my mind about it." As Eregiâth walked away, the Orc kicked him, causing him to fall in a wet hole.

"We will fight back. We will reclaim our city. Our dead will be avenged." He grabbed a rock and hurled it at the Orc. The Orc threw it back, but Eregiâth was already faded into the darkness.

[ March 31, 2003: Message edited by: ArwenBaggins ]
Old 03-30-2003, 12:44 AM   #11
Mauwurz
Pile O'Bones

Sting

Mauwurz hears a faint noise so he starts to look around a group of bushes.*that was where the noise came from*He thought to himself.He pushes the bushes aside and see's three humans.

They jump out of the bush and try to run away,Mauwurz chases after them and grabs the elder one by the neck.She struggles until she finnaly gets free but Mauwurz grabs her arm with his strong Orc claws.

He wrenches the smallest child free of the groping mothers grasp.He throws him tot he ground.
"You,capture those humans"Mauwurz says pointing in the direction that the mother and child fled

Mauwurz turns his attention to the child on the ground and grins.
*I could have lots of fun with you*He thought.
He lifts his spear and prods the baby,the bundle of cloth on the ground wriggles and squirms.
*It's not dead then*Mauwurz though evily.
He brings his scimitar blade swinging down onto the childs neck,blood squirts everyhwere.

Mauwurz gets down on his hands and knees and licks the blood of the chnhilds clothing,finnaly he licks his knife and elts out a terrible war cry.
"I will get you"He says remembering the fleeing lady.

Old 03-30-2003, 01:19 AM   #12
Niluial
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Sting

Georeliela ran holding Emilia in her arms. Tears were running down her face, her baby boy, he was gone! She knew she couldn’t turn back to see if her baby boy was still alive because then she would be risking Emilia’s life and hers! They ran for a while. She listened to her feet hitting the hard ground ‘clop, clop, clop’, and listened to her daughters cries “where is my brother, mommy where?” she would say over and over again each time with more tears. Georeliela was still crying and she had to stop, she was angry, hungry, tired and all she wanted was for this nightmare to be over!

Emilia and Georeliela sat down, both of them crying. It started to rain and she got a blanket out of the one plastic bag she took with her on this horrible trip. The blanket was a nice, woolly, warm one, given to her by her mother a long time ago, when she was still considered ‘a member of the family’. The blanket the cloak and a teddy bear for Emilia was the only belongings she had with her! The rain came pouring down making both of them shiver. While Georeliela sat on he dirty, muddy ground feeling disgusting and dirty she cried a river of tears. She cried and cried, I shouldn’t even be saying cried it was more like howling! It looked like the orc was far behind them, and they could rest just for a while!

“Mommy where is my brother?” Emilia asked again. “Oh my angel, remember mommy told you about heaven?” Georeliela said in a teary voice. Emilia nodded. “Well that is where your brother went”. Georeliela went quiet and sat thinking maybe they should have just let Mauwurz kill us, then we wouldn’t have to live in this terrible heartless world she thought. She put her fingers through Emilia’s hair, to get all the knots out.

She looked in the distance, a black dot was running up the hill. No it was a orc! She grabbed Emilia in her arms running in the mud. Whenever she took a new step the mud would splash everywhere! She couldn’t run anymore she fell to the ground. She must have fainted! The orc was not just any orc, it was the same orc that had stolen her baby and killed her baby earlier on, it was ‘Mauwurz ‘.Mauwurz walked closer and looked at the two bodies laying on the ground…..

[ March 30, 2003: Message edited by: Niluial ]
Old 03-30-2003, 01:57 AM   #13
Mauwurz
Pile O'Bones

Sting

"snaga you useless runt,get over here"Mauwurz yelled looking down at the two bodies.
"What do you want?"grumbled the scrawny slave.
"Run back and tell Pirk that we have twotarks here"Mauwurz commanded

With that the scrawny,little,underfed Orc ran off back to the town where the other Orcs were looting it of all it's possesions
Mauwurz picked up the larger female and threw her over his shoulder,he pciked up the smaller one and placed her under his arm.

With that Mauwurz set of at a galloping run,stoppin occasionaly to adjust the captives position so as to not make it uncomfortable.

Old 03-30-2003, 02:19 AM   #14
Niluial
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Sting

Georielas eyes opened. She heard the horses feet hit the ground as it galloped away. Her head was resting on a mans shoulder. She thought she had woken up from the nightmare but then she saw who it was. It was Maurwurz, her heart stopped and she wanted to hit him over the head or stab him with her knife in her pocket, she wanted to kill him!

She saw her little girl sitting comfortably in front of him. She could see this orc did have a nice caring side to him but still he had no heart, he killed a little innocent baby, not just any baby but her baby! She wanted to jump of the horse but she knew she couldn’t escape this mans powerful hands so she had to stay for her and her daughters sake. She was going to ask Maurwurz ‘Where are you taking me’, but she didn’t, she was to scared of the truth, she didn’t want to know what pain her daughter and her were going to have to endure!

She was scared, but luckily she could see her daughter was calm and relaxed, and that made her feel better. So she closed her eyes and went to sleep again, hoping she would never wake up again and find out where he had taken them and what reality she was going to have to face!

[ March 30, 2003: Message edited by: Niluial ]

Old 03-30-2003, 10:35 AM   #15
Lyra Greenleaf
The Diaphanous Dryad

Lyra Greenleaf has just left Hobbiton.
Silmaril

"Hush little baby-" Lara stopped midsong and turned to her husband with a worried frown. Somehow it seemed out of place on a face designed for smiles and laughter.

"Ered, I'm sure there's something wrong with Laila" she said, rocking back on her heels.
Her husband turned from his place at the window and gave a distracted smile to his wife.
"You're always sure there's something wrong with the baby. I don't know where my jolly wife went"

He walked over to her and put his hand on her shoulder. With a sigh she leant against him. Now that her back was facing him Ered's smile was replaced by a frown, but there was still a forced calmness to his tone.
"She is fine. She is always fine. We're fine." He sighed. "We are fine" he repeated, but there was a lack of certainty in his voice.

Appeased, Lara began to sing again and Ered returned to his post at the window. He had felt something for a while now, something bad. He shook himself, mentally asking why a grown man with responsibilities should pay heed to silly feelings, but nonetheless he had not gone to his farm today and had discouraged Lara from attending the market.

Lara herself felt no such worry. Ered had assured her Laila was fine and she trusted his judgement completely. And he had always been right on the subject before! Dangerous fevers had turned out to be teething, and deadly poisons merely a touch of colic. She knew she worried overmuch but it was her first child and she did not know exactly what she was doing. She wished sometimes that she had stayed near to her mother, but Ered's future was hers, and she had known that since the day they met. Also it was good to be seeing a little more of the world than if she had stayed in Hamere, even if this village was practically the same. Ered had promised to one day take her to the city. Minas Tirith! she now thought excitedly. One day-

A loud noise from the village startled both of them. Lara grabbed the baby and Ered's hand flew to the hilt of his sword. Laila began to scream at being woken so suddenly. Her screams were joined by similar sounds from the village. Colour drained from Lara's face.
"Ered, what-" she began in a shaking voice.
"Stay here Lara, quiet Laila and don't make a sound" There was a studied calmness in Ered's voice, belied by the terror in his eyes. He kissed Laila, then Lara's head.
"I love you both."

He swiftly left the room, brown cloak swirling around his legs. Lara followed him to the door.
"Ered-" she began again, and he turned on the stairs.
"Lara stay there, stay silent" he said desperately. "Please"

Mutely Lara turned and re-entered the bedroom. She began to hush Laial and soon the baby's screams became gulps. Then there was a crash at the front door. Lara screamed along with her child.

Ered stood at the foor of the stairs, undecided about going out to see what was happening or staying with his family. Before he had a chance to make a decision the door flew off it's hinges with a curved blade appearing through the gaps. Ered swayed on his feet.

Why is this happening to us? he wondered fleetingly, before a huge ugly faced followed the sword. It gave a grin to the man, making it's face seem even worse than before. Eru help me! thought Ered and brought up his sword. Screams from upstairs and outside the door rent the air. Ered lunged, getting a smaller creature who had wriggled through the doorway straight in the throat. It fell, but another approached from the right. Ered turned and swang the sword, hitting its arm. It fell back with a muffled curse, black blood covering Lara's clean room. A wave of dull pain hit Ered from the back. He fell to the floor panting. His eyes began to close, but he struggled. Lara! he thought desperately. Laila!

Once again his eyelids drooped, and this time they did not open.

[ March 30, 2003: Message edited by: Lyra Greenleaf ]
“Sylphs of the forest,” I whispered. “Spirits of oak, beech and ash. Dryads of Rowan and hazel, hear us. You who have guided and guarded our every footstep, you who have sheltered our growth, we honour you."
the Forbidden Link
Old 03-30-2003, 01:06 PM   #16
Lutfiska
Haunting Spirit

Lutfiska has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Globhûr was standing by the other orcs looking at Pirk and Groshan as they were walking away. As Groshan was the biggoer of the two they made quite a funny couple walking besides each other

He was wondering why such a good leader as Pirk had chosen Groshan as his second in command. He thought that Groshan wanted to take over the lead from the leader he worshipped so much. But Pirk did as he wanted. Beginning questioning Pirk would be suicide as he was protected by the Nasgûls. But Globhûr had no intention of doing so. Pirk was a good leader and Globhûr wouldn´t question any of his orders.

He now realized that all the other orcs were looting the village so he went off into the closest house that wasn´t totally burned down. He dragged out a corpse he found and started to gnaw on it.
Old 03-30-2003, 01:51 PM   #17
tangerine
Haunting Spirit

tangerine has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Culedhel made his was stealthily through the grove of trees once Fededhor had dismissed them, moving sillently towards the road that lead to the settlement. He had not known Fededhor long, but he knew that he had close kin living in this village, which explained his somber mood while addressing the men.

He stopped at the point where the trees ended, and the road began, and immediately knew something was very wrong in this place. The Moon was a full one this night, and yet what seemd to be a shifting screen of smoke fought to obscure its light from where he crouched. His eyes were drawn down to where the village was supposed to be, but all he could see from his position was a few smoldering bushes, and what may once have been a house, but was now a smoking ruin.

Culedhel heard a noise, and quickly moved back into the shadows. A gutteral, snarling voice reached his ears, the words unintelligible. A large shadow at the top of the bank of the other side of the road a hundred feet away caught his eye. The voice had been that of an orc, Culedhel would have wagered his sword on that fact. Just a few dozen feet down the road from his position lay a young man, face-down in the mud. Culedhel was unable to detect any signs of life from him.

Rising to his feet, Culdehel began moving slowly back into the grove. Though his hands were itching for his bow, his presence here was only to investigate, and he had seen enough. Best be back before the wind changed and that foul creature caught his scent.
Old 03-30-2003, 02:00 PM   #18
Meoshi
Wight

Sting

Morachion set the human down in one of the less-ruined streets, then turned and went back for the other. He could see the hills full of orcs pursuing the fleeing humans mercilessly.

Foremost, however, he noticed the one called 'Mauwurz' stabbing a small human lying on the ground. He knew that Mauwurz loved harming defenseless things; Mauwurz had stabbed many of his people's eggs on the raid in which Morachion had been captured. Someday, he thought, all that that orc has done will come crashing down on him. He knew that he was only one of many that desired to bring that about.

[ March 30, 2003: Message edited by: Meoshi ]
Old 03-30-2003, 03:02 PM   #19
The Ruling Ring
Haunting Spirit

The Ruling Ring has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

"Pirk! Pirk!"

Pirk halted in his tracks, groaning slightly as he turned to face the little messenger orc.

"Mauwurz," the orc panted, "Mauwurz has two--tarks with him. Live ones."

"Does he wish to boast?" Pirk said miserably, looking over Snaga's shoulder at the leaping flames and flitting figures.

"I believe he wishes to share them, Pirk sir," Snaga continued. "Where do you want prisoners?"

Pirk's head snapped violently to, glaring down at Snaga, then looking desparately at Groshan.

Prisoners... He hadn't thought of holding any humans prisoner, despite how hard it seemed to make these humans fall. He looked back at Snaga.

"Just--" he faltered. "Just--tell Mauwurz to bring them here."

----------------------------

Fededhor frowned, holding his head as if ill, making his way away from the meeting place. He was exhausted, and he knew he would need all strength starting tomorrow, for that was when they would be leaving. All staying details, such as food and supplies, he had organized before the meeting had even been arranged. He wanted to leave nothing to be done but for the men to agree to come, or not.

Suddenly, he heard a frantic scurrying noise, and fell back on the ground as a body collided with him. He gave a startled yelp, reaching for his sword, but then hearing the other one do the same. He sat up.

"Culedhel?" he mumbled, squinting at him through the darkness. "What are you doing here now? What's wrong?" he could tell the man was quite out of breath, and a bit frightened.
Old 03-30-2003, 03:21 PM   #20
Phervasaion
Shade of Carn Dûm

Phervasaion has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

After the meeting had finnished Pherdur departed and made his way too his cabin. Later he went out for a walk and was thinking what could have happened to the city that they had no conntact with in a long time.

"It couldnt have just dissapeared," he said to himself in a whisper. He was hoping that no one had been hurt as he new some people that lived there and some were old relatives of his. Suddenly his thoughts were broken from a yelp that came from not far behind him.

Pherdur began to walk swiftly up to the path from where he came from. He ran round the corner to find Fededhor and Culedhel standing there, and Cudedhel seemed exhausted from something.

"Whats happened?" Asked Pherdur hoping somthing bad had not took place .

[ March 30, 2003: Message edited by: Phervasaion ]
Old 03-30-2003, 04:48 PM   #21
Barodir
Animated Skeleton

Barodir has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

"Let's go, old man!" an Orc shouted at him. He was shoved and fell to the ground. He landed in the mud and dropped his walking stick some distance from himself. He found himself crawling for it only for it to be placed under an Orc's foot. "You want this old man? Here, you can have it...after you pry it from under my foot!" The Orcs laughed at him as he began to dispair...

Garodin had no clue how this came to be. It had been a pleasant day out, and he was out chopping wood at the slow pace that age had set for him. Even after sixty years in this world, he found it necessary to do work. His old military habits would not leave him, even if he was crippled by time.

He had just finished chopping the wood when he heard it: screams of pain and terror. "Surely this is a joke that my head is playing on me!" he said. But it was not, as he saw a house burst into flames.

Then they came: the Orcs. The soldiers of pain and fear in Middle Earth. He had fought them before in his younger years, but would not be able to win now. He threatened the Orcs with his hatchet, only to have it knocked away. He could do nothing but struggle helplessly as the Orcs dragged him and the other townspeople that had survived out of the city...

"...Come on, old man! You can do it!" the Orcs shouted at him as he struggled to grab the stick, always being shoved away. He looked around for anything to help him. Anything at all, whether it be a stick or a blade.

He then realized that he had his two knives on him. He slowly drew one out. "So, you think that since I'm old, I cannot fight?! Well take this!" he shouted as he slashed at the Orcs calf, successfully cutting it. "ARGH!" the Orc exclaimed. He success grabbed his stick and hit the Orc over the head with it. "Foul beast!" he shouted as he attacked the Orc. Others came, though, and broke the fight up. One hit Garodin over the head, and he blacked out...

------------------------------------------

Barodir stood at the edge of the establshment. He looked around the city that had been ravaged some time before by the Orcs. "Such senseless destruction. Have these beasts no hearts?!" he asked in vain.

He had gone ahead of the rest of the soldiers to scout out the area. He could almost still hear the screams of the people as they were either killed, taken away, or worse, saw their loved one's slaughtered. This was not the first place that the Orcs had ever destroyed. It was their way of life, in a manner of thought. Thier sole purpose in life seemed to only instill fear in the hearts of their enemies.

All these thoughts ran through Barodir's head. He couldn't bear thinking of how many people were killed. Men. Women. Even children. It was almost as if there was a mass extinction of all ages of life.

And the Orcs wouldn't be stopping here. They'd continue to attack and kill. Beat and murder. Destroy at any cost.

"For too long, this hate has gone on! The Orc's will be punished for their misdoings! I'll stop them, even if I have to take them on by myself! Even it claims my life..."

He thought about this. If he was killed, what would protect his own family? They were in a town cose to here, and they could be next, if the Orcs aren't stopped. "I won't let that happen!..."

Barodir turned around and headed back to meet Fededhor. "Sureley, he'll want to see this" he thought. He took off into the wood-laid path, hoping to make it in time to stop the Orcs reign of terror...

[ March 30, 2003: Message edited by: Barodir ]
Old 03-30-2003, 05:44 PM   #22
tangerine
Haunting Spirit

tangerine has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Culedhel composed himself before speaking. He had been calm enough upon witnessing the atrocity that the town had become, but had bolted back to this place in a panicky sense of urgency as soon as he was a few steps back into the grove.

"The place is burning," He told Fededhor, and Pherdur. "Orcs patrol the roads, has gotten in or out alive, as far as I can see. Houses near the borders are in ruins. However," he added quickly as he saw Fededhor's face fall, "I only got a good look at the state of the border patrol there. There may very well be people still alive in that place."
Old 03-30-2003, 06:17 PM   #23
Meoshi
Wight

White-Hand

Morachion had reached the woods where his other victim has bound. Suddenly, the spider heard rapid footsteps coming up the path. He quickly climbed a tree. Looking down, he could see that it was indeed a human, armored and carrying a blade. Likely a scout, he thought. The human was almost under him now. Now was his chance.

Morachion sprang from the branch. Barodir heard the twigs cracking, and looked up just in time to see the spider falling toward him...

[ March 31, 2003: Message edited by: Meoshi ]
Old 03-30-2003, 11:40 PM   #24
Mauwurz
Pile O'Bones

Sting

Mauwurz checks his steed to a halt and looks into the horizon,he thought he could see a black speck running towards him.After a few seconds he could faintly see a small Orc,crouched over running as fast as he could.
"What orders do you have"Mauwurz asked,looking down upon the Orc from his horse.
"The orders are as follows,you must bring the prisoners to Pirk now and you will be rewarded"The scrawny Orc said panting,he had obviously ran all the way to the town and back again without rest.

Mauwurz threw a small bag with a few coins of little worth to the slave.The slave looked at him and then grinned.
"None of the others reward their slavers"He said pawing through his bag
"You should consider yourself lucky that I was felling in a good mood,before you leave to dow hatever it is you do where am I supposed to meet Pirk?"Mauwurz asked
"Just meet him outside the town"the snaga said running away

The smoke rose from the town in the distance,he could see that the Orcs were busy destroying the buildings and taunting the captives.He kicked his horse in the ribs and galloped of towards the city.

[ April 03, 2003: Message edited by: piosenniel ]
Old 03-31-2003, 01:54 AM   #25
Niluial
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

The Eye

Georeliela woke up when she heard the discussion between Pirk. Her heart was racing, she was sad but happy! They weren’t going to kill her and Emilia they were going to take them prisoner which would give her an opportunity to escape, in other words live a decent life again!

She wondered where she was going to be kept. And she wondered what food would they feed them. Will they look after her? She lifted her head from Mauwurz’s shoulder. He turned his head and looked at her. He smiled, but this was no ordinary smile it was an evil smile, then he took his hand and put it through Emilia’s hair trying to make sure she was still calm and comfortable! Georeliela wanted to shout “Take your grubby hands of her” but she didn’t! He turned back his head and said “I’m taking you to him! I don’t know what he is going to do with you! He will probably keep you in a camp with the rest of the prisoners!” There was silence but Maurwuz broke it “We are almost there, about ten minutes!” and he never said another word until they were at the gates……

[ March 31, 2003: Message edited by: Niluial ]
Old 04-01-2003, 12:42 PM   #26
The Ruling Ring
Haunting Spirit

The Ruling Ring has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Fededhor felt the dread hit him like a wave of water. It was true...

He had, of course, suspected that something horrible had happened to the people of the settlement, but he had always kept the faint hope foremost in his mind that there was merely a small glitch in communication, nothing more. But now, he knew. It was definitely true. He looked back at Culedhel and Pherdur.

"We must move," he said. "We must round up the other men. I had hoped to stay until morning, but it is obvious that these people need our help."

----------------------

"Ah, and here you are," Pirk grunted, seeing Mauwurz bouncing along on his horse, encumbered by two indistinguishable objects. As he came closer, he saw that they were people.

Pirk pulled the woman off of Mauwurz back, casting her onto the ground, in the mud.

"Well now," he said. "This scrawny tark would barely make a snack, would it?" he eyed the other human, who seemed littler. "What's that?" his gaze settled on Mauwurz.
Old 04-01-2003, 12:55 PM   #27
Aerandir Carnesir
Wight

Aerandir Carnesir has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

As the soldiers were leaving, Alkladion ran up. "Wait up for me," he said, "I thought I was lost when everyone was not to be seen, and all I could hear was the screaming of innocent people. I found some bodies laying back in that clearing." He pointed to a small glade which was shaded with a mysterious, dark mist. He said,"There are a few bodies back there. They looked as if they have been sucked clean empty. I think that there are more than just orcs in this gang of mauraders."

The soldiers trudged on, keeping sight on eachothers backs, and looking up into the forest canopy; Hoping that no foul creature would come down on top of them. They were not alone.
Old 04-01-2003, 03:59 PM   #28
GaladrieloftheOlden
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Location: Massachusetts - digging up a bottomless hole, searching for something that's not there...
GaladrieloftheOlden has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to GaladrieloftheOlden Send a message via MSN to GaladrieloftheOlden Send a message via Yahoo to GaladrieloftheOlden
Pipe

Herlion groaned and pulled awake, thinking for a moment that perhaps he was sick. He opened his eyes, and closed them. Opened them again. Nothing changed. The scene was the same. Then it came back to him....
He had been at the edge of the woods when he had heard a trampling sound in the woods. Having not known what it was by sound, and deciding it was some sort of wild bear, he yelled to a friends and ran back to his house to get something to defend himself with. His wife, Iavas, met him at the door with their children clinging to her hands. He hurriedly told her what had happened, and was about to run out again. Suddenly he heard screams and saw the hideous face framed in the window.....he had fought valiantly, and felled 2 or 3 of the creatures, but then one managed to grab Iavas from behind him. He went crazy , hacking at any limbs within reah. Finally, he had heard something move behind him, and looked behind him. He froze, seeing the blunt end of an axe coming down towards him, and he went down into a peaceful darkness. He had a vague memory of something hitting him, hard, multiple times, but nothing more.
Suddenly he remembered: where was his wife? But he had no more srength to raise his head, and his wounds were paining him. Wounds? He didn't remember getting wounded...but then, he decided, he coudn't remember much just then. He lost consiousness again, not aware even of where he was. 

[ April 01, 2003: Message edited by: GaladrieloftheOlden ]

Old 04-01-2003, 05:04 PM   #29
Arvedui III
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Arvedui III has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Arvedui III
Shield

Grumish stared. Pirk was pacing up and down, trying to stop the smaller orcs from eating the prisoners. He wanted to eat too, but they were waiting for Mauwurz. Mauwurz. He didn't much like him. He was too arrogant a thing, and Grumish at that moment would of loved to take his flesh. This wasn't the highway though. He couldn't just kill someone becuase they were arrogant. Grumish missed the old ways dearly. Pirk was the only thing keeping him in line, keeping them all in line. His subordenet couldn't hold things up, he had no patinece. Well, neither did Grumish, but other orcs knew not to try him. Groshan was another matter.

A great howl came up the road. Mauwurz. Some of the human childern cried. Oh, how he longed to get at thier flesh! Pirk had Mauwurz put them down, and he talked to one of Mauwurz's little orcs and motioned them over. "I think it's best to wait for orders." he said. "Tell them we took prisoners, they should like that, and tell them we await commands." "The longer we wait, the more time the city has to react, I say we eat them now!" Said Groshan. "I agree, but if we are to stay, then best set up some defences." Grumish added, anoyed that he didn't agree with Pirk for once. "They'll think were too parinoid. No. We'll stay in the center of town, guard these tarks untill we get orders." "That may take weeks." said Mauwurz. "and the city wont ignore this area for long." "No more arguing! We stay." said Pirk, but they all knew that he didn't really have a baring on what to do anyway. Grumish was severly anoyed at the descition. He stared down at his commander.

This always made him feel beter, staring down at Pirk...
Old 04-01-2003, 10:17 PM   #30
Scent of Simbelmynë

Sting

Farien stared up at each captive that was brought close to her. She scanned each face for a glimpse of Eregiâth, her husband.

Arrin had fallen asleep on her lap, completely exhausted. Her little pink mouth hung open at the corner, and her white face was muddy. Telmir sat beside his mother sturdily. He was a serious boy, old enough to know not to move or make a sound. She was proud of him, acting so grown up. Serra however, didn't understand what was going on. She whimpered constantly under her breath and her big brown eyes trickled a stream of tears. Farien wiped her nose on a corner of her skirt.

"Where's Daddy?" she asked with a little hiccup. Farien smoothed her hair back with the hand that wasn't holding Arrin. "I don't know, love, Daddy's coming in a while." she whispered, more to keep Serra quiet than because she belived it. But she continued to scan the faces of the men who were brought near.

As she watched another man's form began to materialize out of the fog in front of her. He looked familiar. It was... "Eregiâth!" she whispered to him.

"Farien!" he replied, kissing the top of her head. "Are they alright?" he asked, motioning to the children. "Are you alright?"

"We're all fine." Farien answered, but was cut off by Serra's soft voice, "Daddy's bleeding!"

"Daddy's fine." Eregiâth insisted, as he scooped up the wriggling girl and sat in her place beside Farien. "We have to get out of here," he whispered in her ear.
The seasons fall like silver swords, the years rush ever onward; and soon I sail, to leave this world, these lands where I have wander'd. O Elbereth! O Queen who dwells beyond the Western Seas, spare me yet a little time 'ere white ships come for me!
Old 04-02-2003, 12:31 AM   #31
Sadbh
Haunting Spirit

Sadbh has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Iavas had never lost full conciousness. Her vision had blurred somewhat when she'd been slapped in the head, yet she was able to remain perseptive. Her two year old, Aglarel she carried on her hip, and her four month old Thoronhen was strapped to her back. She had been shoved to the muddy ground in the center of the settlement, sitting roughly in the wet road. With her free hand, she stroked Aglarel's damp black curls, reliving the recent memories.

The short handled broom was sooty and dirty in her hand. She had bent at the hearth, raking the damp ashes from the after noon's drizzle to make way for new logs. Aglarel stood sleepily at her side, hand clutching her dress. Thoronhen was sleeping in his cradle board on her back.

Standing slowly, so as not the disturb Aglarel for the moment, the woman placed the broom against the wall and bent to retrieve her toddler from the folds of her skirt. He sighed and smiled up sleepily at her.

Just as her oldest seemed to drift off, Herlion burst into the house. Aglarel was wide awake. "Herlion, he just-" But her husband caught her off softly.

"There's a bear in the woods. I'll be right back." But Iavas was not listening. A great, scarred face was in the window frame, and it was twisted into a a scowl. A disgusting uttering came from its throat. Herlion reacted immediately to his wife's white-faced silence and turned quickly.

With an instant and swift movement, Herlion had drawn his sword and and set upon the creature, hacking wih his blade. The woman tried to draw herself back from the doorway, yet was unable.

In the blink of an eye, gruesome arms were wrapped around her side. Unbidden, she screamed, and Herlion rushed to her defense, cutting away at the scuttering orc. It screached and drew its claw over her lip and lower face. Aglarel was screaming.

With the butt of his crude axe raised high, a orc lumbered towards Herlion and brang it smacking down on the man's skull. Unable to call, for the orc gripped at her throat with scabby ahnds, she was forced into the dreary road, where screams and the smell of burning skin overwhelmed her.
Old 04-02-2003, 11:29 AM   #32
Lyra Greenleaf
The Diaphanous Dryad

Lyra Greenleaf has just left Hobbiton.
Silmaril

Desperately Lara crawled under the bed, trying to calm Laila. The baby refused to be quiet, and Lara could hear footsteps coming up the stairs. Please she whispered save us!
She didn't know who she was talking to, but it made her feel slightly better. The sound of footsteps was closer now, and a smell entered the room. It was a smell of blood, death, fear and everything disgusting.
Please! she prayed silently. Please!

But it was no use. There came a tug on her leg, and she was hauled backwards from under the bed. Both her and the baby were screaming, but the sight of the hideous creature was enough to shut them up. The creature put her over his shoulder, groaning at the weight. It was all Lara could do to avoid squashing Laila herself. As they went down the stairs the creature put her down, then snatched Laila with a leering grin, and handed the baby to a smaller creature.
Orc. The word tugged at the back of Lara's mind, a name from tales and nightmares. But this was all too real.

As the creature carried her out through the door, over it's shoulder she saw a body, crumpled by the stairs.
"Ered!" she screamed "Ered! No! Ered!"
From a combination of fear and sadness she vomited down the back of the orc. It was the last thing she remembered before she passed out.

[ April 02, 2003: Message edited by: Lyra Greenleaf ]
“Sylphs of the forest,” I whispered. “Spirits of oak, beech and ash. Dryads of Rowan and hazel, hear us. You who have guided and guarded our every footstep, you who have sheltered our growth, we honour you."
the Forbidden Link
Old 04-02-2003, 12:03 PM   #33
Niluial
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Silmaril

Georeliela stood in the muddy ground miserable, exhausted, filthy and sad. She was normally the kind of woman who spent hours in front of the mirror making sure her makeup looked good and that her hair was neat and well groomed. I would say in other words she was a perfectionist! Now look at her standing in the mud with dirty feet, her hair was dirty and no longer looked blonde but looked more ash blonde. She had no smile on her face her beautiful lips were straight and she was fed up.

She heard Pirk and the other orcs fighting about whether they were going to eat them or not. She wasn’t scared but she was angry and filled with hate towards Pirk, Muarwurz and all those hideous orcs. As they were fighting over Emilia and her she felt like an object, no longer a live thing but something that belonged to someone! She would not let them touch Emilia or her. She knew she would, make it out of this mess, alive and healthy, that’s what her husband would have wanted! She needed to be strong.

Pirk looked at her and Emilia with a smile on his face. He touched Georeliela but she bit him. He was angry, his face was red and he was in pain. “Dog she is! Dog! Just take her away, put her in a cage where all dogs belong!” he screamed! So they dragged Emilia and Georeliela away, but she looked at Muarwurz. He looked at her with a evil glare and shouted “stop”, Pirk looked at him. “As juicy as they look we need to do something ells with them instead of eating them until the final decision is made! We should take all prisoners to a camp where we hold them captive. We will feed them not much though and give them a blanket and a floor to sleep on!” Muarwurz said, Pirk looked at him with an angry face but he could maybe think about this idea so he stood there with a face that showed he was deep in thought * it could be fun, we could feed them very little, make them suffer, hurt them and show everyone that they must beware of us * Pirk thought in his Evil mind.

[ April 02, 2003: Message edited by: Niluial ]

Old 04-04-2003, 03:40 PM   #34
Malcu Luinthol
Pile O'Bones

Malcu Luinthol has just left Hobbiton.
The Eye

Unglusch had had it with scout duty. The best part of the day had passed and no-one had arrived to replace him. He spat on the groung and made a whistling noise to summon Grulfang. His mount soon arrived and he began to ride towards the area of the city.
He decided to attempt the shorter way, a perilous path with ledges on small cliff faces. He would risk the fall towards the river. It was only water...

By the time he had passed through he was regretting his decision, he was scratched and bleeding after his passage through the thick bracken after the cliff pass, and Grulfang had injured his ankle. It would have to wait, as the package he carried was likely to be of worth for Pirk. He struggled on, leaving Grulfang to slowly follow. He broke into a run and soon arrived in front of Pirk. With a grunt he explained what had happened earlier. Pirk tore open the package, revealing its contents...

[ April 04, 2003: Message edited by: Malcu Luinthol ]
Old 04-04-2003, 06:15 PM   #35
Barodir
Animated Skeleton

Barodir has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

"What the?!-" Barodir asked in vain as the spider fell on him, it's fangs out and ready. Barodir pushed it off before any damage could be done, though.

The spider was huge, by far the largest that he had ever seen. It's fangs were bloodstained, likely from past victims of sneak attacks. They died in vain, no doubt...

"I will not fall victim to your unjust tactics, beast!" he shouted at the spider. "Mark my words, my blade shll be the death of you!"

With that, he drew his blade and charged the spider at full force. He went to stab, but only nicked the spider's leg, slightly crippling it. The spider, now furious at his wound, threw one of it's mighty legs into Barodir, knocking him down and his blade away. As he clawled for it, the spider lunged and pinned him down.

The spider sunk his fangs into Barodir's arm, making him scream in torment. He pushed the arachnid off, dashing for his blade thereafter. But, to his dismay, all became blurry and black as he collapse from the venom...
Old 04-05-2003, 01:48 AM   #36
Donlammenion
Animated Skeleton

Donlammenion has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

The first in thoughts donlamir's head were of the small town being obliterated, but in the depths of his soul he dammed his thoughts.

He retired to his chamber before the group were to leave picking his sword and his father’s helm, albeit this was just a scout mission he wasn't taking any chances and the first sign of a orc would mean a little more revenge.

A little way inside the woods he caught up with the rest of the group and proceeded to the town. The air could have been cut with a knife as all of them knew that their mission had a new purpose they now knew that a band of orcs had attacked the town.

The reality of the mission had grown some as Fededhor had some family in the town. Whilst marching in the woods three things rung through donlamir's head about this mission and he repeated them over and over, the silence, the importance and the wait the last the one he hated the most.

[ April 08, 2003: Message edited by: Donlammenion ]
Old 04-05-2003, 09:46 AM   #37
ArwenBaggins
Shade of Carn Dûm

Location: I don't know... will there be a quiz on this later?
ArwenBaggins has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to ArwenBaggins Send a message via Yahoo to ArwenBaggins
Eye

Eregiâth sat with his eyes closed up against the hard stone wall. He held his wife's hand, held Arrin in his lap, patted his son's back, and tried to calm Serra.

"Farien, we have to get out of here. I have heard that seven have been killed already. I think that Orc that let me come over to you was going to kill me," Farien gasped, but Eregiâth quieted her.

He continued, "They are going to take some slaves, torture, and kill. All of the entrance ways are blocked and gaurded."

Farien looked to him and replied, "You can fight them!"

Eregiâth shook his head. "They took my sword. I see it, over there. It is at the very top of that pile," A sly grin came over his face. "Tonight, we escape."

[ April 06, 2003: Message edited by: ArwenBaggins ]
Old 04-05-2003, 03:28 PM   #38
Meoshi
Wight

Sting

Morachion crashed into the stunned human. This was easy hunting, he thought, and reached his fangs down to bite. Suddenly, he was thrown off, and sprawled on the rocky path. As Morachion regained his footing, Barodir drew his blade. With a cry, he swung his blade full force at the spider. Out of instinct, Morachion put up a front leg to block it- and the end of the leg was cut clean off.

Morachion leaped at the human, lashing him with his uninjured forward leg. The blow knocked Barodir on his back, sending the sword flying. As Barodir reached for his sword, the giant spider bit a deep wound into Barodir's arm. The soldier struggled for a moment, then went limp as the sleeping venom did its work.

Morachion had forgotten about the other human hanging in his web. He would probably wake up and struggle free of the silky bonds, but this was more important.

He looked at the injured leg. It wasn't one used for walking, but carrying. He would have no chance of dragging the stunned soldier back to his master. Morachion cleared his airtubes and made a loud, piercing shriek.

Two of the snaga-orcs came running. They hefted the soldier on their shoulders like a huge pack, and began marching down the hill to the town. Morachion carefully picked up Barodir's sword in his good claw, and followed them.
Old 04-06-2003, 12:08 PM   #39
Phervasaion
Shade of Carn Dûm

Phervasaion has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

After Donlamir had cought up with the company they made their way through the woods silently not speaking to each other a lot. Pherdur was wondering what might have happened to the people in the captured city, weather the orcs may have already eaten them all in their usual evil way, or maybe they were bieng held captive somewhere.

After pondering these thoughts Pherdur started to think what sort if a situation they were walking into with just eight men, and how strong the enemy may be. He finally turned to Culedhel to ask him a question.

"Culedhel, when you were at the captured city eirlier you didnt by any chance know how many in numbers the enemy were or how strong they were did you?"

Pherdur then turned to Fededhor and said "If the numbers of the enemy are srong then i will vollunteer to go back to Minas Tirith and get reinforcements to help us drive the orcs out of the city. If you give me permission of course."
Old 04-08-2003, 01:09 PM   #40
Scent of Simbelmynë

Sting

Farien didn't know she'd slept until she woke up. She and Eregiath had sat up talking, plans to escape flickering through their minds like flames. Eventually, though, they'd decided not to do it yet. The children couldn't run, couldn't hide. It was too dangerous. She'd clutched Arrin's sleeping form till the girl woke up and cried. Farien shushed her before the orcs could come and scold. Eventually she must have fallen asleep, head on Eregiath's shoulder, because that's where she'd woken up, to the harsh prods of an orcs' foot.

"On your feet!" it snarled at them. Holding Arrin, Farien rose slowly. Eregiath was beside her, carrying a still sleeping Serra. Telmir remained huddled on the ground by his father's feet. Farien reached down for his hand and pulled him upright. The boy made to protest, but thought better of it.

It was still dark, but barely, and Farien cold see in the distance that other people were moving, all in one direction, away from the settlement. She caught her breath, Where are they taking us?

The orcs herded her family in the same direction as the rest. Eregiath went first, then Farien, pushing a sleepy Telmir ahead of her. At one point Serra awoke and shreiked at the sight of a sneering orc face right in front of her. The orc snarled and slapped her. Her head snapped back and she was silent except for the sound of sniffling as giant tears dripped down her face.

They came into a clearing in the woods a good distance from the city. The orcs tents were pitched around the central clearing. This must be where they were camped. The orc holding Farien gave her a rough shove into the center of the clearing.

A group of other women were gathered there. Georelelia, Farien recognized immediately, holding her daughter Emilia's hand. Farien's lips tightened. She wasnt fond of Georelelia, the pretty widow with her flirtatious ways. But as she looked harder, she realized that Emilia's younger brother, Tonguir, was missing. Farien caught her breath and held Arrin tighter, touched with pity for Georelelia.

Another woman, young, with her face hidden was weeping silently into a bundle of fabric. The bundle squirmed, it was a baby. The crying mother hushed it, and continued to weep.

Eregiath steered Farien to the other side of the clearing where a woman they both knew was crouched over the bodies of three motionless men. Iavas held Herlion's hand as he lay unconscious, Iavas clutching her two small sons close. An older man and a soldier were also lying on the ground as dead. Farien watched as the Iavas handed her baby to the crying young mother who now held two children in her lap. The older boy clung to Iavas' skirt as she tended to the wounded men.

Farien shivered. Their plans of escape were useless now. Eregiath's sword was with the other weapons still... in the town. She set Arrin down and moved to help the young woman with caring for the children.

[ April 08, 2003: Message edited by: Sophia the Thunder Mistress ]