Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-13-2002, 10:56 AM   #361
Ransom
Wight

Ransom has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Ransom
Sting

I'm really sorry for not posting regularly. I've had a few issues with my comp and a pack of rabid wolves also known as Boy Scouts. I'll post sometime soon. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]
Old 11-14-2002, 09:54 PM   #362
Ransom
Wight

Sting

1) Next Volkmar post up. [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] I've got a bit more time on my hands, so I'll be able to post regularly for the near future.

2) Should/could I blame Volkmar's dream on Sauruman or just say it's stress?
Old 11-19-2002, 02:47 PM   #363
Rimbaud
The Perilous Poet

Rimbaud has just left Hobbiton.
Pipe

At my behest, Rohan has been placed here, as a good example of newer players intermingling with more experienced role-players. Things should continue as normal. Upon Bethberry's return and the completion of the White Horse, checking in (in character) would be much appreciated.

Rimbaud.

PS This RPG will never die.

[img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]
Old 11-19-2002, 03:52 PM   #364
Rimbaud
The Perilous Poet

Pipe

Thenamir, a superb and timely post!!!

You tied the strands together perfectly and moved us forwards with consummate skill. Masterful.

Your writing concerning Guthrin was word-perfect, literally, exactly right as I had it in my mind. A really very excellent post.

Cannot praise you enough,

Rimbaud.
Old 11-19-2002, 03:55 PM   #365
Thenamir
Spectre of Capitalism

Thenamir has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Thenamir has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Thenamir has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Thenamir has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Thenamir has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Thenamir has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Thenamir has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Thenamir has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Thenamir has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Thenamir has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Thenamir has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!
Sting

My latest post is up. More to follow soon.

Quote:
This RPG will never die.
Not if I can help it, Rim. And you'll give me a (further) swelled head if you keep up that level of praise...

Thenamir of Rohan
Holder of the Rhovanion record for
Most Continuous Hours In The Saddle

[ November 19, 2002: Message edited by: Thenamir ]
Old 11-19-2002, 04:13 PM   #366
Ransom
Wight

Sting

*clapclap*

Great post Thenamir. But pity the band that assigns Volkmar to pack their bags! Muhahahahah! [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

Next post up tonight/tomorrow. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

-Ransom
Old 11-19-2002, 11:27 PM   #367
Estelyn Telcontar
Princess of Skwerlz

Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!
Silmaril

Thenamir, that is an awesome post! You put the pieces together wonderfully! I have only one question - IIRC, Ost-in-Edhil is our goal, not Tharbad, isn't it?
'Mercy!' cried Gandalf. 'If the giving of information is to be the cure of your inquisitiveness, I shall spend all the rest of my days in answering you. What more do you want to know?' 'The whole history of Middle-earth...'
Old 11-20-2002, 02:18 PM   #368
Thenamir
Spectre of Capitalism

Thenamir has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Thenamir has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Thenamir has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Thenamir has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Thenamir has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Thenamir has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Thenamir has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Thenamir has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Thenamir has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Thenamir has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Thenamir has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!
Sting

Losing your mind in old age is a terrible thing, Esty. [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]

Yes, you are of course correct. My bad. I will correct the post immediately.

Thenamir of Rohan
President Pro Tempore of the
Rohan Alzheimer's Support Group,
Meetings every Tuesday at 6pm...or was it Thursdays at 7pm...???
Old 11-21-2002, 01:33 PM   #369
Ransom
Wight

Sting

Urg. Infected with writer's cramp.

Restarting....Please stand by.

Probably won't be able to post this week. Sowwy [img]smilies/frown.gif[/img]
Old 11-21-2002, 02:28 PM   #370
Bęthberry
Cryptic Aura

Bęthberry is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Bęthberry is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Bęthberry is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Bęthberry is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Boots

Wonderful stuff, Thenamir. Worth waiting for!

I will try to post as Aelfritha at The White Horse sometime tomorrow or this weekend, if events allow. I as yet have little idea of what her voice will be like, so I look forward to 'trying her out' at the Inn.

Bethberry,
facing the dread horseman but doing okay myself
Old 11-25-2002, 09:58 AM   #371
Thenamir
Spectre of Capitalism

Sting

Testing....testing....is this thing on? Thenamir to Rohan players -- is anyone out there?
Old 11-25-2002, 10:04 AM   #372
Rimbaud
The Perilous Poet

Pipe

Elwood post coming shortly. Apologies for delay.

EDIT : Indeed, it is up, although it will doubtless require some fine-tuning.

[ November 25, 2002: Message edited by: Rimbaud ]
Old 11-25-2002, 10:52 AM   #373
Gandalf_theGrey
Visionary Spirit

Gandalf_theGrey has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Borleg awaits at his post the coming of any foolish strawheads. And at Redhorn, terror has taken up residence.
Old 11-25-2002, 01:37 PM   #374
Rimbaud
The Perilous Poet

Pipe

Further co-ordination is required, I believe. To this end, I will post 'my' intentions for events concerning Guthrin and Elwood, and if they conflict with other people's concepts, now would be a good time.

I am planning on Guthrin reaching the mountain crossing he ends up reaching(fortuitously, he is not fully in control of himself) before the chasing party catches up with him. To this end that party should encounter some small delays. Guthrin will march both night and day like a man possessed. He is moving under the delusional grip of his dreams, which have been terrible of late.

Esty reminded me that it is important that all three groups (Thena's, Elwood's and Taradan/Andros) reach the old city at the same time-ish. Let's keep communicating.

One other point: Kalohern may have to send his horse back to Thenamir's group, since the crossing with Guthrin will be impassable for our four-footed friends.
Old 11-27-2002, 03:11 AM   #375
Estelyn Telcontar
Princess of Skwerlz

Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!
Silmaril

I posted as Andros; he and Taradan are getting closer to Redhorn Gate. How far are the rest of you now?
'Mercy!' cried Gandalf. 'If the giving of information is to be the cure of your inquisitiveness, I shall spend all the rest of my days in answering you. What more do you want to know?' 'The whole history of Middle-earth...'
Old 11-27-2002, 10:03 AM   #376
Thenamir
Spectre of Capitalism

Sting

Just a point of clarification. Is not Guthrin also heading towards Redhorn Gate? If they are, perhaps Taradan and Andros have escaped Saruman's notice for the moment, Taradan having been given up for dead previously. It could work for a plot point that Andros and the somewhat healed Taradan arrive at just the right point to interrupt Saruman's plan to thwart Elwood & Co.

Or I could be way off base. Just checking.

Thenamir of Rohan
Supervisor of the Department of Implausible Plot Twists,
Rohan Romance Novels, Inc.
Old 11-27-2002, 10:10 AM   #377
Gandalf_theGrey
Visionary Spirit

Sting

Thenamir:

Taradan and Andros are also scheduled to have a previously-discussed encounter with a dark force right about now. Of course this will be challenging for me to write, since I'm using a borrowed computer while on Thanksgiving travel, so the timing of this encounter falling this week isn't exactly the greatest, (here I've been prepared, ready willing and able for months, but the one time it's hard for me to be here is when everyone else suddenly starts posting!) but I'll see if I can pound out something quick off the top of my head right now before my relative who owns the computer comes to claim his internet time. [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]

Am travelling now through Sunday, will be visiting relatives Thurs. night through at least Friday, and have no computer access during that visit.

Gandalf the Grey
Old 11-27-2002, 10:16 AM   #378
Thenamir
Spectre of Capitalism

Sting

The effort is much appreciated, GtG, thanks!
Old 11-27-2002, 10:19 AM   #379
Estelyn Telcontar
Princess of Skwerlz

Silmaril

As far as I know, Thena, Guthrin and those following him will find a more difficult way through the Misty Mountains, not as far north as Redhorn Gate. That's why they need to send the horse back. Andros/Taradan are too far ahead to catch up to now.

Gandalf The Grey, the preliminary signs of that encounter will be enough for this week - the actual meeting can take place when you're back next week. (edit: Very good descriptive post, GtG! It's getting interesting!)

Looking forward to everyone's next posts!

[ November 27, 2002: Message edited by: Estelyn Telcontar ]
Old 11-27-2002, 12:16 PM   #380
Rimbaud
The Perilous Poet

Pipe

We need to have a definite structure for who is crossing the mountains and when and how - if all do, succesfully. I'm actually posting about something else...

Thenamir's brief post made me think of something. The story should take a step forward emotionally. In this I mean we should think carefully about the rough plot that has fallen around us.

We are heading for a deserted city, having previously followed an odd band of men. We have growing suspicions of Saruman and the feeling around Isengard. There is a very good chance that the force driving the party towards Ost-En-Edhil is Saruman himself. One of the members of the group appears to have taken leave of his sanity, despite or perhaps because of flashes of brilliance. (To this end, I hope to have Elwood's party come across some dead Orcs, perpetrator - Guthrin).

Most importantly, all of the major protaganists have to die either before we reach the city, or within it. We may need to lose some characters before others, to keep some vague realism.

This doom laid upon the characters should affect them greatly. Thenamir's post mentioned Guthrin's departure as potentially aiding their eventual downfall. Let's work with that. Dissension and argument between members should break out, to some degree. Everybody is tense. We should build on that, IMO.

By its inherent nature, this story is to become very dark. Lets look for some premonitive writing to this end.

Back on the mountain crossing: it seems Esty, that you are moving far quicker than us, and that is understandable. I would judge that Elwood's and Thenamir's parties are still many posts short of actually passing through the mountains. Necessarily, Gandalf's distraction should be a few days in duration, at least. Esty, Taradan is to have an adventure! lol

My rapid babble halts here.
Old 11-28-2002, 08:45 AM   #381
shieldmaiden
Wight

shieldmaiden has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Leighlei, what horse is Arenia riding? Remember, our party has only two horses, Dwarin's Mim and Kalohern's Telefax. Did she borrow the horse from Kalohern?

[ November 28, 2002: Message edited by: shieldmaiden ]
Old 11-29-2002, 01:01 PM   #382
Bęthberry
Cryptic Aura

Bęthberry is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Bęthberry is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Bęthberry is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Bęthberry is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Sting

Ćlfritha will flail you guys alive for how you treat your horses. Remember, you will be picking up more horses from her once over the mountains.

I have a post in mind for Ulfwine, but cannot rely on access. He doesn't like being left in the lurch.

Bethberry

[ November 29, 2002: Message edited by: Bethberry ]
Old 11-29-2002, 01:05 PM   #383
Rimbaud
The Perilous Poet

Pipe

Shieldmaiden: Leighlei was building on from my post, wherein I described Elwood giving Telefax's reins to Arenia to lead 'on down the path' while he remonstrated with the errant Kalohern. All is well.

Keep posting, folks! I'm away from home at present, regular access will proceed apace next week.
Old 12-02-2002, 04:18 PM   #384
Thenamir
Spectre of Capitalism

Sting

My latest (short) post is up, slapping Ulfwine around for making so much noise in the Enemy's backyard...

Whoever is posting for Kalohern -- you need to reply to Elwood's question about why you're following. It's time to be honest, and Elwood is an understanding elf. He'll probably ride you a bit for letting your emotions overrule your head, but in the end I think Elwood will understand. Be assertive just a bit -- Arenia is hurting, and no one seems to be acknowledging that hurt -- you're there to help her pick up the pieces, and maybe score some points with her by doing so. Looking forward to the exchange.
Old 12-03-2002, 08:43 AM   #385
Estelyn Telcontar
Princess of Skwerlz

Silmaril

Thena, Kalohern is being played by Dwarin. Enjoyed your post!
Old 12-03-2002, 10:06 AM   #386
Thenamir
Spectre of Capitalism

Sting

Thanks for keeping track, Esty. My mind of late is filled with many other things, and the mundane tends to crowd out more interesting matters...
Old 12-03-2002, 12:02 PM   #387
Ransom
Wight

Sting

All-

I will be shortly taking a long journey from the Barrow Downs. Due to several RL complications eating into my free time, I will be unable to continue posting here. It was really good RPing with you.

Best of luck,

Ransom
Old 12-03-2002, 12:16 PM   #388
Rimbaud
The Perilous Poet

Pipe

Farewell, Ransom, it is sad to see you go and I wish you well in whatever you do.

Do I take it that there will be no further posts from you on Rohan, then? We can be quite ruthless with extra characters here...

Perhaps Guthrin should slay a friend to seal our fate...hmmm....
Old 12-03-2002, 12:29 PM   #389
Thenamir
Spectre of Capitalism

Sting

Ransom, thanks for letting us know what is happening with you -- some people just drop out with no explanation, and it is much better to know where everyone stands.

It has been good to have someone of your writing skills adding to our enjoyment of the RPG. I understand the encroachment of RL into RP time, more so than most. Your quality posts will be sorely missed. I hope and pray that there is nothing serious or worrisome that takes you away from us.

Namarie, and may the wind under your wings bear you where the sun sails and the moon walks.

[ December 03, 2002: Message edited by: Thenamir ]
Old 12-05-2002, 10:37 AM   #390
onewhitetree
Seeker of Syntax

onewhitetree has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to onewhitetree
Sting

I do hate to add to the list of the absentees, but otherwise you are all led to believe that I'm still in the running. Due to a major affliction, Responsibility, having been inflicted by Real Life, I must sacrifice my RPG time to nurse it back to health.

You may kill off my character at will. As long as it's nice and gruesome. [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]

I do love writing with this RPG, and I am sorry to quit.

Well, I'M BACK.
Old 12-05-2002, 11:04 AM   #391
Rimbaud
The Perilous Poet

Pipe

[img]smilies/frown.gif[/img] Kate. I respect your decision, although we'll miss you.

Which leaves:
Thenamir, Dwarin, Estelyn, Shieldmaiden, Leighlei, Bethberry, GtG, GreatWarg and myself. Anyone else?

If any of the above wish to 'retire' please post here.

The Rohirrim wave sadly to Kate and Ransom.

Edit: Dwarin - we really need a post from you for Kalohern, answering Elwood. Once you get round to that, I'll post as Elwood and move on the following group. Volkmar may meet an unfortunate end, I fear. I shall endeavour to make it suitably emotive. [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img] Unless, that is, someone else would rather the task?

After that, I'll do a Guthrin running post, which may be a little disjointed by nature, so perhaps in between Elwood and Guthrin's posts, Esty could do a Taradan post and/or start her business with GtG's menacing evils.

GreatWarg, are you still with us? If so, perhaps you could report back to Elwood with news of Guthrin, who is putting distance between him and the others at the moment.

For the party heading for the Gap, sans Gurthden, shortly, it was in my mind that the orc corpses they encountered were the result of an argument between orcs, as there are rival bands cris-crossing the hills at this time. Good job Thena, in highlighting the importance of keeping quiet.

I think at this time, in Bethberry's absence and Kate's departure, we should simply carry their characters. Volkmar is soon to bite the dust, so Gurthden is going to have to wait a while for his visit to Elysium [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img] .

Rimbaud

[ December 05, 2002: Message edited by: Rimbaud ]
Old 12-11-2002, 02:48 PM   #392
Thenamir
Spectre of Capitalism

Sting

Not one but *two* new posts up. One from Saruman confirming that now he *wants* them to arrive at Ost-In-Edhil, and one of Thenamir moving the band forward...and as usual, into trouble.

Good posts, Rim and Dwarin -- great character interaction. About time Kalohern found his spine. [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]

Thenamir of Rohan
Maker of Eorl's Hair Color for Men
"The Reason They Called Him 'Eorl the Young'"
Old 01-07-2003, 07:16 PM   #393
Bęthberry
Cryptic Aura

Boots

*coughs*

This one isn't ready for Elvenhome yet, is it? However, it has been almost a month.

Ulfwine should be posting some time this week. Ćlfritha waits to join and hums, "Can the Rohirrim come over the mountain?" Anyone else?

Bethberry
Old 01-08-2003, 12:36 AM   #394
Thenamir
Spectre of Capitalism

Sting

NO! NO! NO! This RPG will NEVER die!!

It's on life support, but it has been on life support several times before, and always came back roaring before too much longer!

Come on, everyone!! I can't write EVERYONE's posts! The holidays are over, you can't use that excuse anymore! GET IT TOGETHER and **POST**!!

Thenamir of Rohan
Writer of the Edoras Times bestseller
"Anger Management thru Organic Gardening"
Old 01-08-2003, 12:42 AM   #395
Gandalf_theGrey
Visionary Spirit

Sting

Borleg is waiting. And so is ... well, we'll call it "it" for now. When HorseMen get close enough ... * evil spooky laughter *
Old 01-13-2003, 12:01 AM   #396
Thenamir
Spectre of Capitalism

Sting

Thanks to Este and GtG for their posts! I was afraid that this RPG might be going down for the third time, and as we all know, third time pays for all.

Well -- now we know what's eating Taradan and Andros (pun intended), all we have to do is discover who's heading towards Thenamir & Co., and what might become of Elwood and Kalohern's expedition.

Thanks for the signs of life.
Old 01-13-2003, 09:51 AM   #397
Rimbaud
The Perilous Poet

Pipe

Guthrin post forthcoming, I promise. It's only been two months real time since he disappeared. [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img] I meant to write it yesterday but did not get too far. Perhaps it shall be ready before mid-week. It is of necessity to be reasonably full and thus perhaps lengthy. After that, I plan to have Elwood lead the group after him and through the mountains. This I hope to have achieved before Friday.

So in terms of timescale, from my end, the 'northern' group will be in Dunland before the weekend. In Dunland, when Guthrin/Elwood's turn for posting comes round again, they will re-unite, not without acrimony.

Thank you Esty and Gandalf for keeping it going.
Old 01-13-2003, 10:07 AM   #398
Bęthberry
Cryptic Aura

Boots

Are Thenamir and I the only gamers left to carry the southern group over the secret pass towards Dunland? Does this mean we have some deaths coming up immediately?

Rimbaud, I might need to catch you in chat to talk about plans for characters and ultimate eventualities.

Bethberry
Old 01-16-2003, 09:26 AM   #399
shieldmaiden
Wight

shieldmaiden has just left Hobbiton.
Shield

I'm still here!
I've read all posts and since I'm very very very bad at describing nature and suchlike I'm able to post only when there is some action or conversation.
Old 01-20-2003, 02:34 PM   #400
Bęthberry
Cryptic Aura

Boots

Trying to head us towards our destination, I took some liberties and pushed us over the secret pass of the Methedras. I hope I have done justice to Gurthden.

Now it is just to get down the western slope and head out to Ost-in-Edhil in hopes that we meet.

Bethberry