Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Roleplaying > Elvenhome
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-07-2003, 10:29 PM   #281
Child of the 7th Age
Spirit of the Lonely Star

Child of the 7th Age is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Sting

Maika, Himaran,

Thanks for working that out. Everything looks good in this story. I've been reading along and enjoying it.

Cami
Old 04-10-2003, 08:02 PM   #282
Himaran
Ash of Orodruin

Himaran has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Himaran
Sting

Anyone who wants to do something in Thranduil's hall needs to post soon, because tomorrow night we are moving on, and will reach Erebor. Steel yourselves for battle!

Himaran
Old 04-11-2003, 04:19 PM   #283
maikafanawen
Tears of Simbelmynë

maikafanawen has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to maikafanawen
Pipe

I don't wanna leave Mirkwood. We just got here. I have all these questions about Erebor and how we are going to ya know enter, fight, the tactics, and etc... Ooooh ... and I still have the stones!!!

Stealth Stone: Since the mountain is probably surrounded by Uruks, we might need this to actually get into the caves.

Hope Stone: Perhaps this could be used for the dwarven army and people.

Wisdom Stone: This could be used by the king under the mountain to decide what's best for his people, or whatever. If you ahve a better idea for the use of this stone, I can change it's property. Perhaps make it a hallucination stone, creating the image of two dragons fighting alongisde the dwarves, slaying imaginary Uruks, striking fear into the survivors... [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] I'm having fun.

I'm at a friends' house and all my questions are at home. I'll post 'em later tonight or tomorrow.

-Maikafanawen
Old 04-11-2003, 05:30 PM   #284
piosenniel
Desultory Dwimmerlaik

piosenniel is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Sting

Himaran & Maika - please check your PM's.

I am going to remind everyone that in the Red Book of Westmarch, where the rules for writing in the Shire are located - there are to be no 'magic' tools or weapon, nor is any character to posses 'magical' traits.

Magic objects and traits are fine for pure Fantasy RPG's, but here at the Barrow Downs, the Games are Tolkien-based/friendly and in Tolkien you do not find the use of 'magic'.
Old 04-11-2003, 06:24 PM   #285
Himaran
Ash of Orodruin

Sting

Maikafanawen; looks like the stones are out, sadly. But the story must go on.

I am now going to post in which:

We leave Mirkwood, and head to Erebor. We will reach a hilltop where we can see the army of about 300 Uruk Hai assaulting the walls of Erebor. We basically charge wildly down the hill and clash with them, slaying them.

Then, we spend time fortifying Erebor from the imminent attack of the larger army.
Then, the Uruk army of about 15,000 will be unleased against Erebor and its 600 defenders.

Then, the last stage of the game begins.

The battle will rage, until at last they destroy the gate. Our company makes a last stand at the gate as the doors collapse, and then retreats into the castle.

Erebor, a basic description.

It is a large mountain, but in recent days a wall has been built around its perimeter; like the wall around Orthanc. That is where the primary battle will take place. Eventually, the wall is broken through in several areas and the Uruks storm into the courtyard. Everyone flees into the mountain, but the Uruks eventually break into it, too. Then we fight them room by room, coridoor by coridoor inside the Mountain. Finally, the army of Gondorians arrives to save the day.
Old 04-11-2003, 07:44 PM   #286
Himaran
Ash of Orodruin

Sting

I've been thinking. When we get driven into the mountain, and the Uruks storm into it, I think that it would only be logical for some of our company to die.

You see, we will want to protect the families at Erebor. Everyone will be defending a doorway, on each stair. A last stand will have to be made.

So, one more time; Who will die?

I don't want to force you to kill off your characters, so if no one offers, extras can die. But it would make the story better if about 4 members of the company died, during the fight on the wall and inside the mountain.

Who is willing? I need four names. Actually, Kili is already on the list, if he does not POST SOON!!! [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img] [img]smilies/tongue.gif[/img]

Himaran
Old 04-12-2003, 06:51 AM   #287
Himaran
Ash of Orodruin

Sting

I will be gone over most of the weekend. Sunday night, the army will attack, so greet your family and have fun at Erebor while peace lasts. From then until the game's closing, it will be nonstop harried and caotic fighting! [img]smilies/eek.gif[/img] [img]smilies/evil.gif[/img]

Himaran
Old 04-12-2003, 10:07 AM   #288
Arien
Shade of Carn Dûm

Arien has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via MSN to Arien
Sting

Actually I was just thinking, can Belegond die? This sounds wierd but I would like him to.......(yes that sounds really wierd!)
Old 04-12-2003, 10:27 AM   #289
Kili
Pile O'Bones

Kili has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Yes Belgond would be a good character to die.. ( sorry Kat) and I dont want to die, sorry for my absence. I was in Spain and then our computer broke down..(my fault) and thats why we have only just posted today. I think Arien used the school computer to come on here but first years arnt allowed to do that so sorry...(Idont want Kili to die!)
"'Kili at your service!'said the one. 'And Fili!' added the other; and they both swept off their blue hoods and bowed. 'At yours and your family's' replied Bilbo, remembering his manners this time. 'Dwalin and Balin here already, I see' said Kili. 'Let us join the throng!'"
Old 04-12-2003, 09:15 PM   #290
Arvedui III
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Arvedui III has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Arvedui III
Shield

Neh, if we absoluty need someone to die, I'll folenter.
Old 04-13-2003, 06:32 AM   #291
Himaran
Ash of Orodruin

Sting

Arien: Yes, I completely understand. In my other RPG I'm playing in, I have a character that I'm not going to use anywhere else, and I REALLY WANT HIM TO DIE!!! It does sound wierd, though...

Alright, I have Belegond and Gromfelt.

TWO MORE

Himaran
Old 04-13-2003, 10:35 AM   #292
Himaran
Ash of Orodruin

Sting

Check that, all death places are filled. Publicly known, Belegond and Gromfelt will perish. I have been contacted by the other two that will die. However, if someone wants their character to have a noble end to make the story better, then so be it.

Tonight, the Uruks march against Erebor; 15,000 strong. This will be a battle to be mentioned in the annals of middle earth to be sure!!!! Be proud that you can take part in it, few have the honor.

Himaran
Old 04-13-2003, 03:17 PM   #293
maikafanawen
Tears of Simbelmynë

Pipe

Himaran: Remember how I said I had all those questions. Well you've answered every single one of them in your last posts. [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] You so smart.

-Maikafanawen
Old 04-13-2003, 05:24 PM   #294
Himaran
Ash of Orodruin

Sting

The eve of a battle is a good place to put ROMANCE SCENES which SEVERAL PEOPLE have been setting up but recently seem to have FORGOTTEN ABOUT THEM AND LEFT THEM HANGING. (HINT INTENDED!!!!)

[img]smilies/redface.gif[/img] [img]smilies/evil.gif[/img]

Himaran
Old 04-13-2003, 08:33 PM   #295
Carlas
Shade of Carn Dûm

Carlas has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via MSN to Carlas
Sting

Way to make a point Himaran!

Anyways...Ill be sending you a pre-battle post thingy. But its kind of late now, so it'll have to wait! Good night! [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]
Old 04-13-2003, 08:54 PM   #296
maikafanawen
Tears of Simbelmynë

Pipe

Hint taken, and if anyone wants to tell me where the heck Burzdol is and if he'd PLEASE PM ME then we can get this party on the road! As soon as Burzdol PMs me I'll get you my eve-of-battle post.

-Maikafanawen
Old 04-14-2003, 05:29 AM   #297
Arien
Shade of Carn Dûm

Sting

Yes Himaran, hint taken.......just need to Pm Frodess
Old 04-14-2003, 07:06 PM   #298
Burzdol
Shade of Carn Dûm

Burzdol has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

"From women's eyes,
This docturne I derive,
The sparkle still,
The right permathian fire,
They are the books,
The arts,
The academes,
That shall contain and nurish all theworld."

That's a Shakespere poem I'm going to usewhen I lay wounded at the end of the battle. I won't die but I will be injured badly. Sound good for a romantic post?

~Burzdol~
Old 04-14-2003, 07:29 PM   #299
Arvedui III
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Shield

Awe, that's great Burzdol, poor Ani Dao. Um, is there any particular time y'all want me to die? Dieing, and on my birthday too [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]
Arvedui
Old 04-15-2003, 02:50 AM   #300
Arien
Shade of Carn Dûm

Sting

Himaran, I ahve posted you mine and Frodess' posts for the eve of the battle.
Old 04-15-2003, 02:52 AM   #301
Arien
Shade of Carn Dûm

Sting

Oh and, yes I was thinking of dying at the end of the battle. For example being wounded badly and taken inside and then I die with a couple of people around my bed, crying because I am so great! [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img] [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img] [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]
Old 04-15-2003, 07:45 AM   #302
Kili
Pile O'Bones

Kili has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

I was thinking, we have heard nothing from Hathalas for ages. Is it just me or has he left?
"'Kili at your service!'said the one. 'And Fili!' added the other; and they both swept off their blue hoods and bowed. 'At yours and your family's' replied Bilbo, remembering his manners this time. 'Dwalin and Balin here already, I see' said Kili. 'Let us join the throng!'"
Old 04-15-2003, 10:44 AM   #303
maikafanawen
Tears of Simbelmynë

Pipe

Himaran: I sent the "Eve of Battle" post to you. [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] Me like it.

I'm reserving my place in advance! I get to find Burzdol this time when he's wounded okay?? NO BODY INTERVENE!! [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] Ani Dao is going to need some serious therapy when all this is over ... (OH! ... the temptation ... to quote ... Shrek).

Who ends up killing Kaldon ultimately? Just wondering. I think Bali should kill his father.

In my next post I'll bring Hathalas into the story, okie dokie? He's still in Canada I'm guessing.

-Maikafanawen

[ April 15, 2003: Message edited by: maikafanawen ]
Old 04-15-2003, 02:18 PM   #304
Carlas
Shade of Carn Dûm

Sting

Himaran- Ill send you the post soon, I just need to check some things with Dain!

Dain-CHECK YOUR PMS!Thanks! [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]
Old 04-15-2003, 04:54 PM   #305
Burzdol
Shade of Carn Dûm

Burzdol has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

So how exactly is this going to end, friends?

~Burzdol~
Old 04-15-2003, 05:20 PM   #306
maikafanawen
Tears of Simbelmynë

Pipe

Burzdol: I think Himaran wrote some sort of summary above. This is a lot like the movie's version of the Battle of Helm's Deep, which is cool!

What does everyone (mostly Himaran and the moderators) think about this post.

“The wall has been breached!” The cry of a dwarf rang out over the battlegrounds. Ani Dao ran to the spot where Uruks had broken through the strong stone of Erebor and were swarming in like ants. She aimed a shaft at a rather large berserker and got him in the neck, just stopping him from taking a slice at a dwarf. The assassin reached behind her for a second arrow to find her last one. Notching it quickly, she shot down a second creature. Ani Dao threw down her bow and unclasped a rope from her belt, secured it to a stone post on the wall, and checked it strength. Then, in one graceful leap, she swung down the wall and into the mass of Uruk Hai, sword flashing. With the skill from many years of training she made a large gap in the onslaught of invaders.

“She-elf!” called a dwarf. “Pull back!” Ani Dao’s eyes searched for a way of escape while she held back the Uruks with her sword.

“Now Ani!” yelled Hathalas. Sheathing her sword, she grasped a hold of the rope the elf tossed her and swung out over the crowd of monsters. With the aid of Hathalas, she took the wall again with her feet, slipping a little on the rain-slicked stone.

“I have no long-distance range weapons,” Ani Dao shouted to Hathalas over the roar of war. The elf looked around and then nodded.

“Come, we’ll meet them down at the breach. They ran to the nearest stairs and joined the dwarves that were there already, fighting with every ounce of strength they had. “Stay close, if we don’t get separated, we have a better chance of domination.” Swords clashed and the screams of dying Uruks echoed around the courtyard. Soon the two were joined by the Gondorians and elves, Burzdol among them.

For a while they held the Uruk Hai back. Hathalas took down even the most threatening with seemingly less effort. His blonde hair streamed behind him magnificently, and his exquisite face held the determination of any other dwarf there.

Ani Dao brought around her elvish blade and severed the head of—a goblin? Goblins had come too with their rusty knives and poisoned arrows. Befuddled, she stepped back for a moment and looked around quickly. The smaller, and spidery like creatures were also making their way into the fortress. Yelling in anger, Ani Dao took them on. Her knives flew rapidly into their necks, and unarmored chests, killing them instantly. She dipped under scimitars and flipped over the monsters, picking up knives in a blur. Not a one of the creatures was sharp enough to follow her movements. She turned for a second triumphantly viewing the thirty goblins she had left in her wake. Focusing again on the masses of enemies, she noticed that she had gotten separated from the company.

At that moment, a great hollow roar came from behind the sheet of rain. Uruk Hai and goblins seemed to cheer in their vulgar language. Men, dwarves, and elves stopped alike to meet the new foe. To their horror, a cave troll of implausible size lumbered into view, bearing a great club. Ani Dao started at the sight. This, of all things, she did not expect. Her first thought was to break through to her companions: they had a better chance if they assaulted this monster in one strong party. A crazier idea came to her head. Taking a deep, steadying breath, she charged. Just side-stepping his swing, she threw the claw end of her rope that wrapped around the beast. When the troll turned, the force pulled her up with it. She kicked the monster hard in his face, and jumped on his head. His long, muscular arms tried to bat her from her position. The assassin took two of her knives and plunged them deep into his rather thin skull. Roaring in pain, the troll lurched his head backwards and then threw it forwards, propelling her into the wall.

The hit shook her up pretty bad, but she determinedly regained her feet. Head spinning, she fought against the Uruks. One tried to skewer her with its pike. She kicked it away, and caught it. In almost the same movement she threw the lance at the oncoming troll. The spear pierced his left eye. Bellowing in anguish, he removed it, black blood pouring from his socket. Ani Dao’s throat lurched at the sight. She broke through the forming ring of Uruk Hai and rejoined her companions. Pushing through with their backs together, they eliminated a good portion of the smaller foe. Finally though, the troll found them: his right eye still good. Summoning what she had left of her strength, Ani Dao threw a knife into the beast’s remaining eye. The moment he whip-lashed back, Hathalas sunk an arrow into its throat, killing it.

“Into the hall! We cannot hold them! Now!” Ani Dao, one leg bleeding profusely, and her head pounding like it would explode, fought strenuously against the foe.

“Ani Dao!” Burzdol called to her. She didn’t hear him. “ANI!!” Grunting loudly, Ani Dao killed two Uruks in one swing before Burzdol pulled her into the hall, into their temporary safety. The doors were shut and barred.

“Where’s Bali? Yes I see him. How long do we have until they break through?” asked a breathless Ani Dao. The dwarf secured another beam on the gate before he answered her.

"Not long," he sighed, "probably only ten to fifteen minutes." Then he addressed everybody, "Quickly! Block this entrance too. Barricade the corridors!" One loud bang sounded upon the gate from the outside. Everyone looked towards it in fear.

"Make that five minutes." The defenders tore apart the mountain's halls. Chairs, tables, cabinets, and every piece of furniture available was stacked up against doors. The elves had refilled their quivers with arrows, and the dwarves were re-supplied with hatchets, all in only five minutes.

Splintering wood sounded throughout the halls, followed by the triumphant screams of goblins and Uruks. Ani Dao shifted and readied her knives. Here they come.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Are the goblins and the troll too far-fetched? How about our vanquishing of the troll? You like? Well, I'll wait until Himaran wants the courtyard to be taken before I post this, if it's okay. Anything I should add?

-Maikafanawen

Old 04-15-2003, 09:19 PM   #307
Himaran
Ash of Orodruin

Sting

MAikafanawen:

Your post is excellent, but could you edit it to fit my last post about the company standing in the blown gate? Also, I would like others a chance to fight there too, so perhaps you could split your post into two separate ones. One during the fight, and one to end the fight.

The goblins are fine - and so is the troll, as long as there is only one.
Old 04-15-2003, 09:20 PM   #308
Himaran
Ash of Orodruin

Sting

As for Kaldon, he lives!!! [img]smilies/evil.gif[/img] [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

His father... well, you'll see.
Old 04-15-2003, 09:27 PM   #309
Dain Ironfoot
Haunting Spirit

Dain Ironfoot has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Carlas,

Hey, I finally checked 'em!!! I even sent you one. It's looking good. Please go ahead.

Hey, I'm gonna' ask one of the mods to paste it earlier in the thread so it'll come in the right order. Hope that's ok.

Dain

[ April 16, 2003: Message edited by: Dain Ironfoot ]
Old 04-15-2003, 10:58 PM   #310
Child of the 7th Age
Spirit of the Lonely Star

Child of the 7th Age is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Sting

Hey, this is Cami. I pasted in both the posts at 4/15 at 3:28 p.m. right before Himaran's. Himaran--hope you don't mind sharing a box with Dain and Durin.

Good posts guys. Good description, Durin. Dain--I never knew you were such a lover!!

Cami Goodchild, Shire Mod
Old 04-18-2003, 10:32 AM   #311
Himaran
Ash of Orodruin

Sting

Err... Arvedui III: Please edit your post. Bali DOES NOT want anyone running off to try to kill Kaldon. I did mention that earlier - and remember, Kaldon survives.

Thanks,

Himaran
Old 04-18-2003, 03:40 PM   #312
Arvedui III
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Shield

Post edited, sorry.
Old 04-19-2003, 05:19 PM   #313
Earendil Halfelven
Wight

Earendil Halfelven has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Hi guys!

Well, sadly, here it is. Arlómë and Einen's death scene.

"We know what we must do Bali. Go, lead the warriors to victory." He watched the rest of the company head up the hall. Goodbye, my friend, he thought. He knew that tonight, most likely, he would die.

Arlómë gripped his sword tightly. He no longer had his bow. He had lost it when the wall was blown. Besides, he had no more arrows, and by the look of things, he would not need the bow anymore anyways. He glanced at his companions-Belegond, Gromfelt, and Einen. He suddenly felt sad for Einen. The boy was young, and Arlómë had brought him to Erebor...to his death, probably. We walked over to Einen.
"Einen, I would not blame you if you joined Bali and the others. I have brought you here..."
"Arlómë," Einen said, cutting him off. "I do not regret joining you, of my own will. I would have no other honor than to fight beside you."
Arlómë nodded. There was nothing else he could say.

As the bangs on the door increased, Belegond said, "Fight well and do not give in, make them wish they had not lived to see us!"
"My friend Belegond, you do not have to worry. Soon, we shall join the Hall of our Fathers. Gromfelt, it is an honor to fight for Erebor. May your axe preserve you this night."

He looked at the other Elves there, the few Elves there. Their attention was on the door as it quickly gave in with a huge crash!

Uruks and goblins swarmed in. The Elven archers opened fire. The beasts in the front fell, pierced with many arrows, but the Uruks charged at such an awesome speed, that the archers had no time to reload. The sound of steel rang out along with yells and screams.

"FOR EREBOR! FOR ELENDIL!" yelled Arlómë. He wanted to make sure that rest of the company could hear the cry. Belegond, Gromfelt, Einen, and Arlómë charged forward.

Most of the Elves in the front were dead. Arlómë fought fiercely. He wanted to leave no Uruk alive. Many orcs lay dead, but more streamed in. It seemed as if there was a never-ending army of orcs.

As he pulled his sword out of a goblin's head, he heard a growl behind him. He swiftly turned. An orc faced him. Its sword swung toward his head, but Arlómë deflected it. As the orc's arm swung to the side as a result of Arlómë's blow, Arlómë charged in closely, plunging his sword into its stomach. The orc let out a deep groan, but it looked at Arlómë as it brought up its own sword. It was going to take Arlómë with it. Letting his sword stay in the belly of the orc, Arlómë reached up and with his right arm, grabbed the orc's sword hilt. With his left arm, he reached to his belt, pulled his knife, and slit the orc's throat.

As the orc fell to the ground, Arlómë pulled his sword out and looked up. There was a gap in the orc line. For a split second, it seemed as if they had stopped them. As if they had won. But then more orcs plunged in. These, Arlómë saw were archers.

He looked around for his 3 other companions. They were still with him, fighting with other Uruks. Einen looked at Arlómë. The young man was bleeding from a cut on his side, but he seemed to be ok. Then, Arlómë saw the ork archers take aim at his friends.
"Einen, get down!" Arlómë yelled.
Einen glanced back at the archers, then back at Arlómë. Their eyes met.
"Arlómë..." Einen began, but he was cut short. An arrow pierced him in the side of the head, then another into his chest. He fell to the ground...dead.

"NOOOOOO..." Arlómë charged forward. He saw Belegond meet an Uruks attack. The Ranger was wounded in the arm. Gromfelt, he did not see, but he hoped he still lived.

Arlómë cut down the front orc archers, but more filled in the gaps. He fought with a rage that he had never felt before. He fought on, no longer for Erebor, but for his friends who were there with him.

Suddenly, an arrow pierced him in the leg. Arlómë fell to the ground but he caught himself with his hands. He took his knives and threw them into the advancing orcs. He could hear the sound of Belegond fighting behind him. Somehow, orcs had gotten behind Arlómë without him noticing. And now with his wounded thigh, he could barely walk. He was surrounded.

He fought from his position on the ground, but it was useless. His wound sapped his strength from him, but still many orcs fell by his sword. He heard the zipping sound of an arrow soar throught the air, then plunge into his stomach. He dropped his sword...he no longer had the strength to wield it.

An orc approached, sword in hand. Arlómë watched it come. He could do nothing. He tried to pick up his weapon, but he could not. The orc stood above him, sword poised for the kill. This is it, Arlómë thought.
"ELENDIL..." Arlómë yelled. The orc cut him short, its sword in his chest.

He lay there. His life was fading. He could no longer hear Belegond fight. He could hear nothing. Orcs rushed past him to take on the others at the top of the hall. He could not even move. He couldn't even lift his head to see his wounded chest. Darkness gathered before his eyes. He was finally dying.

Suddenly, out of the darkness he heard his father's voice.
"Arlómë...Arlómë...Come, take your rest with your Fathers in the Halls of the Dunedain."
And with his last breath, Arlómë passed.

*sniff* *sniff*
[img]smilies/frown.gif[/img] well, is this ok?
Old 04-19-2003, 06:04 PM   #314
maikafanawen
Tears of Simbelmynë

Pipe

*sniff* Wow, it may have something to do with the fact that I just watched Boromir's death scene but ... *sniff* ... I have tears in my eyes Earendil! That was ... beautiful. [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] Yeah, you're a sensational writer and I'm so sorry Arlome is no longer with us. And poor Einen. You did a great job! Ani Dao will weep for your characters. phew ... moving ... *sniff*

-Maikafanawen
Old 04-19-2003, 06:22 PM   #315
Arvedui III
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Shield

Alas, here follows the fall of Gromfelt the dwarf. It was really fun playing with you guys and gals.
-------------------
Grom looked at Bali and others departing. This was it; There would be no respite, no rest, no chance to see the dawn. He knew what he had to do. They would have their time. Arlome and Belegond spoke, but he didn't hear them. He took a stance, and stared at the vast blackness that came toward them. Flithy vermin! He thought. He took off his hat, and looked at Yanthie's patch still holding firm. So would he.

The uruks came, running blindly toward them. With a wild yell, "EREBOR!" He lost all thought, and swung his axe at the first line. Grom dodged a blade just in time to embed his weapon the creature's chest. Another orc already replaced him, making a lunge for Gromfelt's neck. Parry, repost, hack, swing, parry again, lunge. The cycle continued for what seemed an eternity until suddenly he heard Alorme yell, "Einen, get down!" " Archers! He though at once, but his reflexes came too late.

In mid-swing he felt something hit his shoulder then his chest hard, and he fell backwards, dropping his axe. A great uruk loomed over him, a evil grin on his face. Gromfelt was in such pain as he had never known, his limbs wouldn't respond. What could he do? The orc raised his sword, and Grom spat on him, there was nothing else for it. Then, Daggers!. As the orc lunged downward, two daggers inscribed with the blessings of Dale met his throat. However, as Grom got to his axe, another of the seemingly endless orcs stepped forward. He couldn't fight any longer, this was clear. The arrow had caused such pain. With a last hoarse cry, " Kazad Ai-Menu! For Erebor!" he charged. The orc saw him coming, and cleaved upward, his blade getting past the fine armor.

The dwarf was dead before he hit the ground.
--------------
Edit: Wow, Earendil. That was great. Gah! I'm gonna have to watch something happy now. *Goes off and gets a charlie bown movie.* Really Good Job!

[ April 19, 2003: Message edited by: Arvedui III ]
Old 04-19-2003, 08:02 PM   #316
Himaran
Ash of Orodruin

Sting

Well, friends, we are nearly to the end of the road. Some have reached their end already, sadly. But doesn't it make for a better story? Those were great, guys!

Sadly, I'm going to have to put in the final battle post now. Burzdol and Hathalas: Sorry, but the game must be finished in several days.

Himaran
Old 04-19-2003, 08:16 PM   #317
Carlas
Shade of Carn Dûm

Sting

AW, Im going to cry! My first RPG, wow what a blast!

You guys are great writers, and I love and hate reading these death scenes, makes me wish Durin would die. But hes still too young I think, It would really suck!
Old 04-19-2003, 08:43 PM   #318
Himaran
Ash of Orodruin

Sting

Everyone is free to write posts about being in and leaving Erebor.

In a couple days, I put the final post, and WALLA! game over.

I have had SOOO much fun with this game; I think you are all excellent writers who held true to the storyline that I had intended for the game. I don't think it could have turned out any better!!

Himaran
Old 04-19-2003, 08:45 PM   #319
Himaran
Ash of Orodruin

Sting

Oh, and Burzdol if you do post; don't forget to give Bali his pipe.

Frodess; I think it would be really cool if Yanithe could keep Gromfelt's hat, kind-of like for a memory!

Himaran
Old 04-19-2003, 08:52 PM   #320
Carlas
Shade of Carn Dûm

Sting

Himaran, you wrote Arvedui III instead of Gromfelt in your post! [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]

[ April 19, 2003: Message edited by: Carlas ]