The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Fun and Games > Middle-earth Mirth
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 03-27-2008, 11:25 AM   #161
Aganzir
Woman of Secret Shadow

Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Quote:
Originally Posted by THE Ka View Post
Did anyone else have trouble yesterday accessing the Downs? All of last night I couldn't because neither the home page nor the forum would load. This if anything, was what kept me from posting, and I was wondering if anyone else had this problem.
Yes - about nine hours ago. I had some extra time at school and would probably have managed to post at least something, had it not been for the Downs being down.
Old 03-27-2008, 12:03 PM   #162
McCaber
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

McCaber has been trapped in the Barrow!
Ka, I had that same problem.
McCaber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2008, 12:13 PM   #163
THE Ka
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

THE Ka is a guest at the Prancing Pony.THE Ka is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Send a message via MSN to THE Ka
Thanks for everyone's honesty and assurance , I thought my computer had a virus or something and I was worried I wouldn't be able to participate.

Thanks again. No worries about not making the deadline today, I finally have some free time and plan on being at home.

~ Ka
THE Ka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2008, 02:45 PM   #164
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gwathagor View Post
I meant to say more just now but I have to go to class!

Class is overrated love.

Yeah, I had the same problem as Ka; thought my internet connection was going loopy again. Glad to see it back up though, although (dork that I am) I was trying to post last night when I experienced the problem and lost what I had submitted, and then my connection really DID die. I'd accidentally switched off my wireless.

Now then, off I go into the game thread.
satansaloser2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2008, 07:35 PM   #165
Rune Son of Bjarne
Odinic Wanderer

Location: Under the Raven banner, between tall Odin and white Christ!
Rune Son of Bjarne is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Rune Son of Bjarne is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Rune Son of Bjarne is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Send a message via AIM to Rune Son of Bjarne Send a message via MSN to Rune Son of Bjarne
I appologise for not being around before deadline. . . .well, I actually was around in the early afternoon as I desided to skip my first classes, but in the end I decided to wait with posting untill returning from my latter classes. What a mistake that turned out to be. . . I don't know why but my internet was down all evening until half an hour ago (2am) and it was the same in all of the building.

Rune Son of Bjarne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2008, 10:40 AM   #166
THE Ka
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Just wanted to let everyone know that I won't be around for the first three and a half hours of the Day, due to work.

I won't be around at all on Saturday, due to work and friends' birthday. So, if you feel the need to kill me, that would be a good day for me too.
Just be sure to give me something good to read on Sunday in return.

Good luck everyone.

~ Ka
Old 03-28-2008, 02:59 PM   #167
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Just letting you all know I'm working this evening for the first five hours of the Day, and that I'll be around after then. Sorry in advance for being so quiet; I may get like five minutes over my lunch break to check the site, but probably won't be able to post.

Til later,

~~Sally~~
Old 03-29-2008, 08:37 AM   #168
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Location: Wearing rat's coat, crowskin, crossed staves in a field behaving as the wind behaves
Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via MSN to Nogrod
Just a clarification on the narrational choice I just made. We (Lommy, her sis and I) are going to attend a family-dinner and will be away until the last hours of the game toDay. And will then share the computer.
Nogrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2008, 11:58 AM   #169
Groin Redbeard
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Groin Redbeard is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Groin Redbeard is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
I have to leave now for a Boy Scout meeting, and I don't expect to get a say in again today. Therefore, I have already voted for who should leave, and I'll see you all tomorrow!
Old 03-29-2008, 12:07 PM   #170
McCaber
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Wow, I think this is one of the most popular admin threads ever.
Old 03-29-2008, 05:08 PM   #171
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.
I apologize for taking a little longer with the narration today, I am not feeling well and I had to stop between the writing and so (and mainly apologies to you, Rune, I did not even refresh the page for me so that I could see the PM). Well, it is up now, at least, so hope you will enjoy it if nothing else.
"Should the story say 'he ate bread,' the dramatic producer can only show 'a piece of bread' according to his taste or fancy, but the hearer of the story will think of bread in general and picture it in some form of his own." -On Fairy-Stories
Legate of Amon Lanc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2008, 05:56 PM   #172
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

Don't worry about it Legate. The narration was still fantastic. Besides, your health is infinitely more important than a quickly-posted narration. Feel better!

~~Sally~~
Old 03-30-2008, 04:16 AM   #173
Rune Son of Bjarne
Odinic Wanderer

Rune Son of Bjarne is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Rune Son of Bjarne is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Rune Son of Bjarne is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Send a message via AIM to Rune Son of Bjarne Send a message via MSN to Rune Son of Bjarne
Quote:
Originally Posted by Legate of Amon Lanc View Post
I apologize for taking a little longer with the narration today, I am not feeling well and I had to stop between the writing and so (and mainly apologies to you, Rune, I did not even refresh the page for me so that I could see the PM). Well, it is up now, at least, so hope you will enjoy it if nothing else.
It is alright Legate. . . I am back home now and can read it.

Old 03-30-2008, 07:13 AM   #174
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.
Yes, and today I can promise you it will be fine and on time (unless something unexpected happens, like my net crashing completely) And thanks, sally. I'm feeling better today.
"Should the story say 'he ate bread,' the dramatic producer can only show 'a piece of bread' according to his taste or fancy, but the hearer of the story will think of bread in general and picture it in some form of his own." -On Fairy-Stories
Old 03-30-2008, 02:32 PM   #175
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Location: Wearing rat's coat, crowskin, crossed staves in a field behaving as the wind behaves
Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.
You were in time, ahead of it indeed - against which I have nothing as now I may be able to post at least something before I go to sleep.

But the opening hour today was one hour earlier than it has been. You started the Day 8PM GMT and not 9 as you have done this far. Have you possibly turned into the daylight savings or something? We moved our clocks here in Finland last night as well so maybe you did it too?

I think you should let the game run toDay to the original hour (9PM GMT) so that no one misses the voting because the deadline has been moved one hour earlier.
Old 03-30-2008, 02:55 PM   #176
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nogrod View Post
You were in time, ahead of it indeed - against which I have nothing as now I may be able to post at least something before I go to sleep.

But the opening hour today was one hour earlier than it has been. You started the Day 8PM GMT and not 9 as you have done this far. Have you possibly turned into the daylight savings or something? We moved our clocks here in Finland last night as well so maybe you did it too?

I think you should let the game run toDay to the original hour (9PM GMT) so that no one misses the voting because the deadline has been moved one hour earlier.
Oh yes, sorry, I did not notice - I counted automatically with the daylight savings switch. Okay. Well, the more time for you now, then. Okay, I will let the game run normally until 9 PM GMT, that means, 11 PM for me (CET) and whatever else, so, as if there were no daylight saving time. We'll see then if it's okay with people, or what... that has time.
Old 03-30-2008, 04:08 PM   #177
Rune Son of Bjarne
Odinic Wanderer

I won't post anymore tonight (worked all night and only got 3 hours of sleep so I have to go to bed now) I will show up some hours before deadline, but before that I cannot know. It will depend on how busy school will be (if I need to use my breaks on reading)

Old 03-31-2008, 12:07 AM   #178
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

Dang it. I can't sleep. Which means that I'll be paying for my nocturnal habits later; may be taking a nap in the afternoon (towards the end of the day). So if I'm quiet for a while around 2-3 hours pre-DL, that's why.
Old 03-31-2008, 01:30 PM   #179
Groin Redbeard
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Groin Redbeard is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Groin Redbeard is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
I'll be busy for the next five days with family coming down to see us, so if you decide to vote me out that's OK by me.
Old 03-31-2008, 01:54 PM   #180
Rune Son of Bjarne
Odinic Wanderer

What?

We are acting as if there was no daylight savings? That is kind of weird and kind of messes my schedual up, anyways that means that I might not be around much at deadlines.

Old 03-31-2008, 01:57 PM   #181
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rune Son of Bjarne View Post
What?

We are acting as if there was no daylight savings? That is kind of weird and kind of messes my schedual up, anyways that means that I might not be around much at deadlines.

Yeah, DL is at the same time as usual. Well, the same time for me anyway.
Old 03-31-2008, 03:13 PM   #182
Rune Son of Bjarne
Odinic Wanderer

It is so sad. . . I had actually decidet that if I was one of the final 3 alongside Nogrod, I would vote for him no matter what. It would simply have been too devistating for my ego if he had turned out be a traitor in that situation, where I had suspected him so much.

I think this was my worst game ever. . .Normally I suspect at least 2 of the evil-doers heavily at some point (I might change my mind latter) this time I hardly even suspected on a tiny bit.

Anyways, good game folks. . .I was mighty impressed by some of you!

Old 03-31-2008, 03:22 PM   #183
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Oh Sally I knew you were the seer! It all made sense and I needed to play it down all the time if something went wrong so that I wouldn't hint at it in any way. That's why I tried to make something of a case against you in the end - and surely also if I had made a totally disasterous misjudgement. You were just brilliant! *bows*

And what a hunter we had in Eomer! Kudos Greenie! You really helped us out of the trouble! For in the beginning I thought it was just a disaster: I had no good hunches and everything looked chaotic.

And oh my. This was interesting indeed. Fun and hard as the roleplaying mode with all these characters having their own history we all knew made it kind of double-hard - and challenging... and thence even more fun!

The traitors were sneaky indeed but in the end we turned out even sneakier! It feels like being Caesar writing his De Bello Gallico where he insisted how tough his enemy was to add to his glory winning those fights, but really you made this game a challenge! I admire Ka's coolness, Groin's cold-blooded and thoughtful play which it was really hard to get a grip with and Gwath for just being able to move not only my head but the heads of seversal others from open suspicion to not lynch you...

Lommy was just fantastic elf-lord who really made the difference!

And all of you! This was a pleasure indeed!

And the way Legate used the actual story and the happenings in the game was just both glorious and hilarious! *bows once again*
Old 03-31-2008, 03:27 PM   #184
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

And don't blame yourself Rune, we all get it wrong every once in a while. In some games one can be just so wrong from the very beginning to the end. It has happened to me so I know what I'm talking about... And after all you were no hunter who went on to kill our seer in retribution!
Old 03-31-2008, 03:53 PM   #185
Groin Redbeard
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Congratulations to everyone, this is by far the best game I will ever play! Thank you again Legate for coming up with the idea!

Well done Nogrod, you really got onto me on the last day there. You really tackled those tough jobs to get me (my heart stopped when I saw your analysis on the last day).

Thinlomien, you played an excellent game. The only mistake that you made was trusting me too much. I really enjoyed all your analysis. I must admit I was scared that you might catch onto us in the beginning.

Hats off to Little Green, we never thought that you were a vigilanty. Even though it seemed that The Ka fooled everyone, you were smart enough to get him; it all went downhill for us from that point on.

Nerwen, you didn’t provide much incite at the beginning, but we (traitors) feared that you might catch on very soon. Congratulations for scaring us enough to kill you.

Gwathagor, I don’t know how you survived as long as you did. It seemed like everyone caught onto you right away. It seemed like every day that we might lose you. Very well done.
Old 03-31-2008, 04:07 PM   #186
McCaber
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Well, this was one game where I couldn't go for my usual "lynch Nerwen" strategy.

I would like to congratulate the traitors as well. Even when it all fell apart, you almost had it.

And I want to thank everyone for not lynching me when my time was stolen by college all of a sudden.

Last edited by McCaber; 03-31-2008 at 04:14 PM.
Old 03-31-2008, 04:17 PM   #187
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Thanks Groin but I must confess that from at least a Day before I kind of believed Sally was the seer and so her points helped me to narrow the chances down.

It was indeed during our morning (RL), like in the middle of this last Day (GT) when I was supervising an examination in a classroom and had an internet connection when I scrolled through the game thread and made some notes... just of you and Gwath... That's how sure I was.

Of course the doubt came back many times later the Day and I kind of made those "analysis" on Menel and Sally in all honesty trying to see whether I had been wrong but somehow they didn't convince me anymore.

But you played well indeed! It was a tough work - and a combination of other things as well - that finally made me confident of your guilt.

Now I need to go to sleep but I'll catch you all up later...
Old 03-31-2008, 04:23 PM   #188
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Just to amuse us...as there is no final narration yet.

So what do you think would have happened to a fellowship that left Lorien composed of Elrohir, Uglúk, Tom Bombadil, Galadriel and Théodred?

Could "we" have stood a chance?
Old 03-31-2008, 04:27 PM   #189
Groin Redbeard
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nogrod View Post
Just to amuse us...as there is no final narration yet.

So what do you think would have happened to a fellowship that left Lorien composed of Elrohir, Uglúk, Tom Bombadil, Galadriel and Théodred?

Could "we" have stood a chance?
No chance, Ugluk would have betrayed you as you got close to Mordor and you would have lost the Ring anyway. Even if you gave it to someone else they would have gotten corrupted.
Old 03-31-2008, 05:09 PM   #190
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

No way, folks - by the way, the narration is up (for about half an hour now), just so that everyone knows. So you may check my version (idealized, but whatever). Apologies to Nogrod, but I don't think Tom would have wanted to leave Lórien to the barren lands to the East after all. <= yes, that was it.

In any case, I must say I was very surprised by the Traitors and the Seer and the Hunter (the Ranger unfortunately did not have enough time to show his quality), because they turned to be far above my expectations - all of them. In other words, it's good that the Gifted were as good as they were, because the Traitors were too. "Black horses", indeed! In any case, I really enjoyed reading this game, as it was exciting to follow it, and the more for the roleplaying, which was also done brilliantly from you. I am going to definitely keep this game in my memory as one I did not play in, but enjoyed it in a very strong way.
Old 03-31-2008, 06:51 PM   #191
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

Yay! *celebrates*

Okay, so I figured I'd be dead about half-way through the game. Soon as Agan died, my exact words to myself were, "Oh crap. Well, I'm dead now. Good job moron." Not at all pleased with myself. Sorry Agan!!!!!!! *feels terrible* I was afraid Noggie was going to get lynched and, well, I knew he was innocent and I wasn't sure about you, so you know....

Noggie, I knew that you'd figured it out, kudos! Not that I was terribly subtle, mind you, especially toDay when I realized we'd won! I was hoping you were only pretending to suspect me, because there was no WAY I would not have gotten killed toNight. I figured I may as well make myself obvious and if it didn't work out at least you'd be able to figure everything out from my posts. I was SO glad you were on my side this game; you were fantastic!

Obviously, ALL of you were fantastic, but I've got to go here in a minute, so I'll return with more thoughts later tonight. Well done all!

~~Sally~~
Old 03-31-2008, 07:03 PM   #192
McCaber
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

I think this game has the biggest admin / game thread ratio...
Old 03-31-2008, 07:30 PM   #193
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor

Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Send a message via Skype™ to Nerwen
Just dropped in from the Halls of Mandos to say congratulations!
Old 03-31-2008, 07:34 PM   #194
Rune Son of Bjarne
Odinic Wanderer

One thing I am happy about is being on the winning side and staying alive. . .usually when I am on the winning side I get killed on day or night 2. In fact I don't think I made it past that barrier on my first 4 games.

About the game consept: It was interesting, but difficult to play with these charachter because as Nogrod says they had history together and the roleplaying got difficult for me as the game progressed. Especially in the last hours of the day did I find it difficult to roleplay as I just wanted to figure out peoples votes and stuff.

About the seer: I had no idea who it was, but then again that is because I try not to look after the seer I can imagine that it is a stressfull task to be the seer and I think you did an exelent job Sally(?). . .Alas I have never in my many games tried to be the seer, in fact I was only once a gifted(I think) and not a very good one I am afraid.

Old 03-31-2008, 08:39 PM   #195
Gwathagor
Shade with a Blade

Gwathagor is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Gwathagor is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Gwathagor is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Send a message via AIM to Gwathagor Send a message via MSN to Gwathagor Send a message via Skype™ to Gwathagor
Curses.

Well, at least I have the benefit of experience from the werewolf perspective which will help me HUNT THEM DOWN AND KILL THEM in the future.
Old 03-31-2008, 10:48 PM   #196
THE Ka
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

*drops by as a bear*

Well, you know, I don't exactly have the human act together anymore... Bear was my best second choice.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nogrod Bombadil
I admire Ka's coolness, Groin's cold-blooded and thoughtful play which it was really hard to get a grip with and Gwath for just being able to move not only my head but the heads of seversal others from open suspicion to not lynch you...
I'm very, very greatful to have been accepted to the game, but also to have such a wonderful team of wolvies! I haven't had so much fun messing with people's perceptions in quite a long time, and I couldn't have had a better time at it without Groin and Gwath. I really loved how long Groin kept all of you in the dark (and myself a bit!), he was able to appear innocent and also at a healthy level of 'suspicious' without it being called into question too much. Plus, there never could be a better Dain.
Gwath also, did a wonderful job at setting up the right scenarios during the Day, and being an awesome analyzer. Without his help, I don't think i'd ever be able to keep my plans in check. Also, never could imagine a better Halbarad, cool and collected, but had a respectable air of proudness.

And to Nogrod, you gave me way too much credit during the game. I consider half of those posts good luck and guessing, especially the one where Radagast explained things to old Bombadil.
I figured if anything, it was the least I could do to keep you in a good mood to collect more dafoldilies.

Oh, and Aganzir, sorry for being:

"Mean, mean, mean!"

... and a very evil person. I don't try really, half the time I would make myself forget I was a wolf and play as I usually do. Apparently it worked for awhile.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aganzir Sackville-Baggins
By the way, may I ask why you chose just those kills that you did?
In all good time...

Okay, well, now's a good time.

Who knows. You all looked worthy candidates, but our standards were pressing, and we could only take what was up that moment.

Although, I dunno if anyone else has mentioned it, but Rune was the first person I suspected as a possible seer on our second Night. Maybe too much association with your character.
Then we tossed around the A Little Green or Sally idea as a possible seer. Probably would have gone after Sally, but due to her annoyingly insightful posts and votes, we decided to go with another. I can't remember exactly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Groin Ironfoot
Congratulations for scaring us enough to kill you.
Indeed, Nerwen's too crafty in any role.

I really admired the work everyone put into their characters, it was beautiful to read from time to time just for that fact.

In that light, I really liked Lommy's and Aganzir's work with their characters. They gave some mysteries more face and embodiment, without giving the impression of being detached from how the character would probably act in many circumstances.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gwath Dúnedain
Well, at least I have the benefit of experience from the werewolf perspective which will help me HUNT THEM DOWN AND KILL THEM in the future.
Yay! wolf experience = better innocent and/or wolfie hunter.
Always.

Wish I could give more reps out to everyone, but the rep counter refuses me that liberty! Humph, how rude.
So to anyone I can't as of now rep, here's it in writing! You made the game a wonderful experience!

Probably could say a lot more and bore all of you to no end, but I'll shut my snout to let others have more words.

*munches quietly on a comb of honey, accidently eating some bees*

Oh bother...

Last edited by THE Ka; 03-31-2008 at 11:02 PM.
Old 04-01-2008, 04:01 AM   #197
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Quote:
Originally Posted by THE Ka View Post
I really loved how long Groin kept all of you in the dark (and myself a bit!), he was able to appear innocent and also at a healthy level of 'suspicious' without it being called into question too much.
Oh yes, actually, I have to say something to that - at least during the first two days, when reading the thread, I was "favouring" the traitors, like, after reading a post saying to myself: "Ooh, good, this person is completely off track" or "Ah, this one suspects Halbarad, but not Radagast, that's good"; but I actually caught myself several times reading Groin's posts and pondering them in the same way - like "Good, he also seems not to suspect them that much!" - and only then I remembered that he is in fact also a traitor
Old 04-01-2008, 06:51 AM   #198
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legate of Amon Lanc View Post
Apologies to Nogrod, but I don't think Tom would have wanted to leave Lórien to the barren lands to the East after all. <= yes, that was it.
Nothing to apologise for it was most fitting and what I kind of hoped for.

Quite interestingly the Days when I had the most time to play and thence to try and make the rhymes & stuff were the Days in the game when we were outdoors. So that kind of served Tom's character pretty well - no jolly singing in Moria but the self-doubt whether he was the old Tom anymore...

Lommy's and Aganzir's writing has been praised already and they deserve the praise. But so do The Ka and Groin as well. I mean The Ka's Radagast was just so "edgeless", ageless and calm as I think of him - and you couldn't find him being rash or accusatory against anyone. Great cover you had there and well built. Also Groin's Daín felt so like a bit tense and action-oriented dwarf-king that it was jst too real. Also Rune managed to make his Galadriel at times to be exactly the lady of the galadhrim. And all the rest of you were great as well.

I'm all for trying this kind of compulsory in-character game again one fine day. Sadly so many people seem to fear or dislike the idea. They clearly don't know what they are missing!

And last but not least. Sometimes a game feels like it's all up to who has the best or toughest luck, whom the stars seem to favour. But sometimes - like this time - you feel that thinking things over and analysing what people do really make a difference! In the end it was the combined actions and talk of people with which one could start limiting the number of candidates and finally end up with just one. And ditto! In times to come I will refer to this game when people say there's no point in analysing things as it's all just lucky guessing...

Thank's everyone for a good game!
Old 04-01-2008, 07:53 AM   #199
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor

Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Send a message via Skype™ to Nerwen
You know what annoys me? I had a very strong bad feeling about The Ka from the start– and I thought, "Better not say too much this early, because if I happen to be right they'll think I'm the Seer and kill me". So I kept quiet... and they killed me anyway.

But I'd love to try another in-character game... and hopefully not get killed on Night One this time.
Old 04-01-2008, 08:05 AM   #200
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nerwen View Post
and hopefully not get killed on Night One this time.
That's the most annoying way to go! I mean if you are lynched on Day1 you can always blame yourself for that... at least in part.