The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Fun and Games > Middle-earth Mirth
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 09-05-2007, 03:32 PM   #41
Shastanis Althreduin
Werewolf Psychic

Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
I was as clear as I know how to be. o.O
Shastanis Althreduin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2007, 12:34 AM   #42
Brinniel
Reflection of Darkness

Location: Polishing the stars. Well, somebody has to do it; they're looking a little bit dull.
Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
As I warned you guys before, from this point forward, I really don't know how much time I will have. I need to pack a bunch of things, plus I must back up and reformat my computer (a quite frustrating process really) before I leave early Friday.

I will be around, I just can't promise tons of activity. We'll see...
Old 09-07-2007, 07:26 PM   #43
Rikae
Mellifluous Maia

Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Um, Shasta?

Are you around?
Rikae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2007, 07:32 PM   #44
Shastanis Althreduin
Werewolf Psychic

Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Yes, and I'm really sorry. My laptop battery ran out, and I had to run out and buy a new cord-thing that plugs into the wall.
Old 09-08-2007, 06:32 PM   #45
Kath
Everlasting Whiteness

Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Send a message via MSN to Kath
Er ... Shasta? Is the Day going to end any time soon? It's just I want to go to bed but can't until I find out the ending!
Old 09-08-2007, 07:38 PM   #46
Meneltarmacil
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Location: The bottom of the ocean, discussing philosophy with a giant squid
Meneltarmacil is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
It seems I have once again died early...

I'm guessing that Rikae killed me, either that or Isabellkya due to the "swallowed by the earth" description in Shasta's description, but I'd still like to know what happened there.
Old 09-09-2007, 12:43 AM   #47
Shastanis Althreduin
Werewolf Psychic

Why isn't anyone talking? T_T

Menel, Isabell killed you.
Old 09-09-2007, 12:57 AM   #48
Isabellkya
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Isabellkya is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Yes, I did kill you Menel.

I was neutral, and would've won with any team; if I had survived. But alas it seemed everyone was off sleeping when I came back and switched votes.. haha.

I was surprised I lasted as long as I did. Great game everyone.

Edit.

As to why? No reason in particular really. :P
Old 09-09-2007, 06:29 AM   #49
Cailín
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Cailín has just left Hobbiton.
I am still unsure what has happened and who won and why. Perhaps the mod would care to enlighten us about all the vague, special roles? From what I gather, Rikae is tricksy, evil and mean (and wise to kill us off when she could).

Yes, I really was playing.
Cailín is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2007, 07:04 AM   #50
Rikae
Mellifluous Maia

Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
I won. It was basically a werebear-ish role, I think ...

here's the PM I got about my role:

You’re a Banshee, a mythical creature from Ireland’s past. Your scream is the herald of death. Each night, send me a name. You will scream for that person; two days later, they will die. As an example, you scream at Person A on Night One; they will die during Night Three. The first time you are attacked by a wolf, Ireland itself will protect you from death. You win if it becomes impossible for you to die; I.E. majority cannot be reached on you.

Last edited by Rikae; 09-09-2007 at 07:07 AM.
Old 09-09-2007, 07:06 AM   #51
Rikae
Mellifluous Maia

I'm really curious to know what Duralin's role was... Shasta just listed her among the innocents in the final narration...
Old 09-09-2007, 10:24 AM   #52
Durelin
Estelo dagnir, Melo ring

Durelin is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Durelin is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Quote:
You are a Leprechaun who’s lost all his gold! Well, not quite all. You seem to have held on to your lucky coin. It ought to be of some help in this situation. If you send me a name, you’ll flip the coin, and depending on what it lands on, should give you some kind of information, at least.
That was the PM I received. I had my doubts what side I was even supposed to be on, heh, but I assumed I was Seer-like (never played in a game with a Weaver, so I forgot about that role).

So, yes, basically I was a Weaver. And now I wonder how much good that would have done when it came to Isabellkya...and I guess Rikae and the wolves would have turned up as 'on the same side'? I could only see two sides of the game...but it seems like there were more.

I got only one Night to flip my coin - I chose Rikae and was told she was 'Tails'. I planned to flip my coin on Nogrod to next Night to find out whether a Wolf was Heads or Tails...

But noooo, you guys had to go and kill me...
Durelin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2007, 12:37 PM   #53
Shastanis Althreduin
Werewolf Psychic

Actually, Durelin, your role was more of a Seer-type role. If you had flipped a coin on an innocent, it would have landed on "Heads". Baddies were "Tails", and if you'd flipped your coin at Isabellkya, it would have landed on its side. :P
Old 09-09-2007, 12:45 PM   #54
Shastanis Althreduin
Werewolf Psychic

Okay, here's the roles.

Rikae - Banshee - OMT - delayed kills, starting Night 3.
Nogrod, Brinniel - Wolves - Baddie Team - standard nightkills.
Durelin - Leprechaun - Seer - saw the alignment of people.
Isabellkya - Spirit of Ireland - Neutral - could kill, dream, and protect, had to do all three before her powers recharged.
Everybody else was an ordo.

Game Log:

Day 1:
Nogrod (Werewolf) executed.

Night 1:
Brinniel (Werewolf) mauls Thinlomien (Ordo).
Rikae (Banshee) screams for Eolin (Ordo).
Isabellkya (Spirit) dreams of Espiem (Ordo).
Durelin (Leprechaun) dreams of Rikae (Banshee) - Tails.

Day 2:
Durelin (Leprechaun) executed.

Night 2:
Brinniel (Werewolf) mauls Espiem (Ordo).
Rikae (Banshee) screams for Isabellkya (Spirit).
Isabellkya (Spirit) kills Meneltarmacil (Ordo).

Day 3:
Brinniel (Werewolf) executed. Werewolves (Nogrod, Brinniel) defeated.

Night 3:
Rikae (Banshee) screams for Kath (Ordo).
Isabellkya (Spirit) protects herself.
Eolin (Ordo) dies of fright due to Rikae's (Banshee) Night 1 scream.

Day 4:
Isabellkya (Spirit) is executed. Rikae (Banshee) and Kath (Ordo) are left. Rikae (Banshee) wins, since there is no way to get a majority on her.
Old 09-09-2007, 07:11 PM   #55
Durelin
Estelo dagnir, Melo ring

Durelin is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Durelin is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Ohhhh, on it's side...cool.
Durelin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2007, 07:07 AM   #56
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Just curious...

Brinn, why did you maul me? Was there any special reason?
Thinlómien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2007, 12:49 PM   #57
Brinniel
Reflection of Darkness

Location: Polishing the stars. Well, somebody has to do it; they're looking a little bit dull.
Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Sorry I haven't been able to do any sort of posting since the game has ended. My computer has been broken for a week and I just recently got hold of a rental.

First off, I want to apologise for my what I think was a below-average performance. I probably shouldn't have joined in the first place as I was so busy in RL getting ready to move...proves how addicted I really am. It's silly that it didn't occur to me I would end up as a werewolf, and even more, I didn't think I'd be the only werewolf throughout most of the game. When Nogrod was lynched and I was already heavily suspected, I realistically knew I wouldn't last long...I can play well under-the-radar, but once suspicious I've never been good at digging myself out of a hole. But I fought to survive during what time I had, mostly because I wanted to prevent the game from ending too soon (while I figured early on there was a banshee somewhere, I assumed she was on the villagers' side...I was quite surprised that the game didn't end after my death). After my almost-lynch, I figured I'd most likely be lynched, but I didn't intend to give up just yet. Then Rikae revealed herself as the weaver and along with everyone else, I believed her since she was right on target...at that point there really was no hope for me. Anyways, it is a good thing I died that Day because not only did I hop on a plane the next day, but my computer broke that night and even if alive, I wouldn't have been able to participate. Ah, fate.

I was rather disappointed I never had the chance to interact with Nogrod. In my opinion, it's the Night plotting that's the best part of being a werewolf. Not to mention, I'm probably one of the most indecisive people ever, so being completely on my own from Night 1 wasn't easy.

Night 1
Lommy was chosen mainly due to process of elimination. Izzy, Menel, and Durelin seemed too safe at the time and I was worried it'd be very much like me to pull a safe kill. Eolin caused enough confusion in Day One, I thought it'd be smart to keep them around. Spm gathered some suspicion and I wanted to use that into Day Two. I was hoping Rikae's vote would gather some attention the next Day. Though Kath was dangerous to keep alive, with her being so accurate, I thought it'd be just as dangerous to kill her. That left Lommy...I couldn't find a good enough reason not to kill her. Though she had gathered some suspicion, I wasn't sure how long that would stay. Mainly, I killed her to make it seem as an unexpected choice and confuse the others as to why she died.

Night 2
I was rather busy with RL during Night 2, so I had to make my choice fairly quickly. I chose Spm to make him the other unexpected choice. In the game, I used him as my primary suspect and I was hoping that in the eyes of an innocent it would seem silly for a wolf-me to kill of my main target. After all, I have quite often as an innocent heavily suspected the wrong person...it would be typical of me to make that mistake again. Of course, I wasn't expecting what Rikae had coming for me.

Good work to Shasta...I really liked the Irish theme of this game. And congrats to Rikae who played wonderfully to her victory. Though I must ask, did you really know Spm and I were on opposite sides, or was that just pure luck?