User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-20-2011, 02:46 PM   #41
piosenniel
Desultory Dwimmerlaik

piosenniel is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Thumbs up

Ang and Formendacil - Sorry to take so long to post! I've taken care of the lingering situation between the twins and the gentleman. So, go ahead and move time forward if you wish.

Blantyr - looking forward to running into Bragel

Galad55 - looking forward to meeting your character, too
Old 04-20-2011, 02:55 PM   #42
Anguirel
Byronic Brand

Anguirel is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Gotcha capped, pio...over to the Captain now...
Old 04-20-2011, 03:45 PM   #43
Feanor of the Peredhil
La Belle Dame sans Merci

Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Send a message via MSN to Feanor of the Peredhil
Welcome, blantyr!

Quote:
Originally Posted by blantyr
Small, almost emancipated.
I initially read this as 'emaciated.' I can't figure out which word you intended, since both work so well!

We'll be shifting to later in the Day today or tomorrow, but feel free to post any time you like.
Old 04-20-2011, 04:05 PM   #44
blantyr
Wight

blantyr is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Shield Scrawny

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feanor of the Peredhil View Post
Welcome, blantyr!

I initially read this as 'emaciated.' I can't figure out which word you intended, since both work so well!

We'll be shifting to later in the Day today or tomorrow, but feel free to post any time you like.
I intended.... scrawny. I suspect that his role would fit vaguely near the 'apprentice' level. Technically, emancipated, but I'm not sure he would feel this would entirely be so. You know how adults are...
Old 04-20-2011, 06:15 PM   #45
Formendacil
Dead Serious

Formendacil is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Formendacil is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Formendacil is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Formendacil is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Send a message via AIM to Formendacil Send a message via MSN to Formendacil
Well, the time-shift has been effected, and Captain Formy is now "out of sight" but hardly "out of mind."

Welcome aboard, Blantyr!
Old 04-20-2011, 07:09 PM   #46
Kath
Everlasting Whiteness

Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Send a message via MSN to Kath
May I join? I know I've missed all the build up but I just read the actual RPG thread and it looks very interesting. If yes, these are the characters I was considering.

NAME: Eleth

AGE/GENDER/RACE/WHERE FROM: She'd never tell you, but certainly well past middle aged/Female/Human/Minas Tirith.

APPEARANCE: Has clearly lived. There are lines to her face and a stoop to her back. She dresses simply but always in shades of dark grey or black. Of average height, somewhat wiry, with grey hair and brown eyes. Well groomed but drab. Will often be seen dozing slightly.

BITS OF CHARACTER/HISTORY YOU FEEL MIGHT BE HELPFUL IN DEFINING THE CHARACTER: Husband and sons long dead. A daughter married off to a son-in-law she does not like but respects for her daughters' sake. Fiercely independent. Maintains a small stall thanks to the goodwill of her fellow marketeers - needed as she is rarely able to make it to the market early enough to stake her own pitch due to various aches and pains. Never parted from her companion -

~ ~ ~

NAME: Hil

AGE/GENDER/RACE/WHERE FROM?: 10/Male/Dog/Minas Tirith

APPEARANCE: Mid-size, dark brown fur. Paws and ears too big for his body giving him a somewhat comical appearance. Has no mark of ownership but is well groomed and well fed.

BITS OF CHARACTER/HISTORY YOU FEEL MIGHT BE HELPFUL IN DEFINING THE CHARACTER: Adopted his mistress soon after birth, having been born in the street outside her home and left for dead by his mother. Is very protective of her as a result. His bark is much worse than his bite - indeed he has never bitten anyway. Spends his days curled up under the stall at the market watching the world go by. Loves to play with the youngsters but will not stray far from the stall.
Old 04-20-2011, 07:48 PM   #47
piosenniel
Desultory Dwimmerlaik

Thumbs up

Since this thread is picking up more players, I'm going to place a

*** PLAYER LIST WITH LINKS TO CHARACTER BIOS ***

at the end of post #1.

It will be a quick way to see what color the dogs hair was, the twins hair color, and other characters' quirks. And I'll confess - I'm lazy and hate scrolling through a discussion thread to find a character's description . . .

List will be up later this evening . . .

~*~ Pio
Old 04-20-2011, 08:15 PM   #48
Feanor of the Peredhil
La Belle Dame sans Merci

Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Firstly, thank you Form for moving things along while I've been insanely caught up in that unpleasant entity, RL.

Secondly, of course we want you, Kath!

And thank you Pio, for making up a player list. That will be very helpful for us all. And I agree: I like my laziness too.
Old 04-20-2011, 10:50 PM   #49
piosenniel
Desultory Dwimmerlaik

So, the

*** PLAYER /CHARACTER LINK LIST ***

is now on board at the very end of Post 1 of this thread.

~*~ Pio
Old 04-21-2011, 09:24 AM   #50
Formendacil
Dead Serious

Formendacil is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Formendacil is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Formendacil is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Formendacil is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Send a message via AIM to Formendacil Send a message via MSN to Formendacil
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kath View Post
May I join?
You most certainly may--and the best thing about this "Inn" is that the nature of a marketplace makes it easy to pop in and out. So pop in when you're ready, and out when you're not.

I'll add my thanks to Fea's for linking the characters, Pio.
Old 04-24-2011, 11:47 AM   #51
blantyr
Wight

blantyr is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Style?

I've been role playing for quite some time now. I started with table top, though I've done chat room and forum based games recently. The Barrow-Downs group seems strong in writing and character development. It does less with conflict and plot than I'm used to. Subtle discerning guy that I am, I can tell the Lamedon Square group isn't going to form a fellowship, and set forth to slay a dragon or destroy a ring.

Anyway, being the newcomer, I'm not sure how to push the plot forward if there isn't a plot.

Is anyone looking to interact with an emaciated or emancipated little runt?
Old 04-24-2011, 12:29 PM   #52
Anguirel
Byronic Brand

Anguirel is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
wouldn't worry blantyr, your post is good fun and, I think anyway, innovative too...it's Easter, things'll go faster tomorrow I expect
Old 04-24-2011, 05:33 PM   #53
Feanor of the Peredhil
La Belle Dame sans Merci

Quote:
Originally Posted by blantyr View Post
Subtle discerning guy that I am, I can tell the Lamedon Square group isn't going to form a fellowship, and set forth to slay a dragon or destroy a ring.
Specifically within the Market, there may be no dragon or ring slaying, but you are more than welcome to try and round up other characters to discuss such a venture. Typically what would happen from that is that if enough players are interested in a specific plot/game idea, you could form an independent game with that aim. The Market itself is more of an open place for interaction, sharing of ideas, general character development, writing practice...

Quote:
Anyway, being the newcomer, I'm not sure how to push the plot forward if there isn't a plot.
Find someone whose character you want to interact with, and begin a dialog! Or create your own between multiple characters of yours. We've created the setting, you get to create the story that happens within that setting.

Old 08-03-2011, 07:42 PM   #54
Galadriel55
Blossom of Dwimordene

Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
It's been a while... I thought I'd finally let my character in...

Though I reread the game thread, I might have forgotten some details , so if my post contradicts anything, please tell me and I will edit.
Old 08-07-2011, 02:07 PM   #55
Feanor of the Peredhil
La Belle Dame sans Merci

It looks absolutely wonderful, G55. The writing is clear and strong, and the character is already likable and memorable. Both, actually! Welcome!
Old 08-07-2011, 06:32 PM   #56
Galadriel55
Blossom of Dwimordene

Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Feanor of the Peredhil View Post
It looks absolutely wonderful, G55. The writing is clear and strong, and the character is already likable and memorable. Both, actually! Welcome!
Thank you!

I replied to your character. I think I'm putting too much of that "you're the enemy and a stranger here" philosophy into it, if it took me that long to say two or three sentences in answer. Gotta hold back a bit...
Old 05-29-2015, 04:38 PM   #57
piosenniel
Desultory Dwimmerlaik

~*~ Moving this thread to Elvenhome. ~*~

Today is 5/29/2015 - the last post here was 08-07-2011.