Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-11-2008, 02:43 PM   #641
Valier
Twisted Taleswapper

Valier is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gwath
Will you need me or Kitanna to be co-facilitator?
Either/ or whatever works for you two.

So it looks like we need to hear from Rudy or Brown first, seeing as they were present at Hugo's passing.

Boro I think it is up to you if you would like to continue on with Mira as a second character or perhaps she could even decide to go home with Gaffer Hugo?

Let's please get this rolling a.s.a.p after we hear a bit from Rudy and Brown the rest of us can go ahead and post, seeing as we all will be wondering what has happened to the guys when they don't immediately come back into the Inn.
Old 09-11-2008, 02:59 PM   #642
Kitanna
Child of the West

Kitanna is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kitanna is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
How long will we be spending at the inn/over Hugo's death before the group moves on?
Old 09-11-2008, 08:04 PM   #643
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via AIM to Boromir88 Send a message via MSN to Boromir88
I don't know how long you'd like to stay at the end, but I've brought all the hobbits outside. And Mira's going to need a little help from someone else to change Rudy's mind.
Old 09-12-2008, 11:08 AM   #644
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Thumbs up Yay!

I'm itching to write. Maybe I even will do so.
Old 09-12-2008, 11:15 AM   #645
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.
By "end" I meant "inn."
Old 09-12-2008, 11:18 AM   #646
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boromir88 View Post
By "end" I meant "inn."
Haha nice typo - or Freudian slip? Anyway, I didn't even notice it...
Old 09-12-2008, 11:43 AM   #647
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Great, it was nice to post. Hope that what I wrote about Mira was okay.

How is Legate's character supposed to join this company, and when? And did someone - Peony or Bunny, it would be - help him with his semi-choking?
Old 09-18-2008, 11:51 AM   #648
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

Thinlo, it's great. Rudy will be convinced to stay.

The question I have is what's going to be the plan of action here? Having some sort of funeral service for the Gaffer? And I was wondering what to do about snatch? Gwath, maybe snatch can take a liking to Brown?
Old 09-18-2008, 05:00 PM   #649
Gwathagor
Shade with a Blade

Gwathagor is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Gwathagor is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Gwathagor is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Send a message via AIM to Gwathagor Send a message via MSN to Gwathagor Send a message via Skype™ to Gwathagor
Yes. lmp and I had discussed something along those very lines regarding Snatch.
Old 09-19-2008, 11:41 AM   #650
Valier
Twisted Taleswapper

sorry again for my posting delay, I shall be able to post sometime this weekend.
Old 09-21-2008, 05:07 PM   #651
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.
I am around here for posting, and I think I will post something either today or tomorrow concerning my character. As for his joining the company, I recall I had some really good idea how it would go a week ago, unfortunately, I seem to have forgotten it over the week when I was away. Hm, perhaps I'll remember. Or perhaps not. We shall see.
"Should the story say 'he ate bread,' the dramatic producer can only show 'a piece of bread' according to his taste or fancy, but the hearer of the story will think of bread in general and picture it in some form of his own." -On Fairy-Stories
Old 09-21-2008, 06:48 PM   #652
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.
All right, a double-post. I have posted already, now I think it's up to Gwath's character to react or if somebody else wants to interrupt the scene by coming inside... Anyway, I tried to make the tension-filled, yet kind of still situation just a little more tension-filled.

And just a note, even though it's not been said explicitely anywhere, I have presumed that Bunny had left the common room with the others, as both Gwath's and Kitanna's posts presume that nobody else from the party remained in the room (at least Kitanna's post presumes Peony to be the last one going outside, which seems quite plain).
"Should the story say 'he ate bread,' the dramatic producer can only show 'a piece of bread' according to his taste or fancy, but the hearer of the story will think of bread in general and picture it in some form of his own." -On Fairy-Stories
Old 09-22-2008, 04:08 PM   #653
Valier
Twisted Taleswapper

I posted as well. hope it works. took me awhile to get back into the writing groove but I think the post will serve.

Legate can you do one thing to your last post.... can you add Brown's name in there, perhaps have him introduce himself. I got a little confused while reading it, and only after I read your post here did it make sense. I wasn't quite sure who you meant. (post was great by the way)

Oh and if I used any ones characters inappropriately let me know and I can change my post.

Last edited by Valier; 09-23-2008 at 12:43 AM.
Old 09-23-2008, 09:42 AM   #654
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valier View Post
Legate can you do one thing to your last post.... can you add Brown's name in there, perhaps have him introduce himself. I got a little confused while reading it, and only after I read your post here did it make sense. I wasn't quite sure who you meant. (post was great by the way)
Well, I thought that in the context it would be clear who it's about (when you keep reading not just single post, but in the continuation of the story, and thus read the first Gwath's post; and especially after there's going to be some continuing post after that). But I will look to it and see what kind of correction would be appropriate, if so.
Old 09-23-2008, 10:23 AM   #655
Valier
Twisted Taleswapper

If you think Your post is ok the way it is, I'm Ok with it as well Gwath.
Old 09-23-2008, 08:28 PM   #656
Valier
Twisted Taleswapper

Aright I've been giving it some thought as to how we should handle this death in our group. I don't really want to have a funeral (unless you others think we should) I was thinking of having us linger at the Inn for perhaps the night.

I thought perhaps a good way of handling this would be to have a relative of Hugo's in Budgeford, since Frogmorton is not too far away. Have them show up and offer to take Hugo's body home. Also this would be a good time for us to have Mira go home, at the insistence of the adult relative. That is however up to you Boromir, if you would like to continue writing for Rudy and Mira then she can refuse. Then as all this is happening Bunny will announce that she is going on in the morning. This gives us all a reason to post if our characters go on with the journey (which I'm hoping they will)

I would like to get us on the road again as I have some things planned that I would like to set into motion
Old 09-24-2008, 02:58 AM   #657
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Well, my character's not actually involved in this, but just from the RPGer's point of view, I think that's a good idea, Valier (I almost wrote Bunny ).

And yay, I am looking forward to what you have thought of for the journey
Old 09-25-2008, 02:15 PM   #658
Valier
Twisted Taleswapper

So is everyone busy this week then? I would like it if everyone could let everyone else know when they are able to post. I want this thing to start and keep going, not die out again. I believe anyone can post, no need to wait
Old 09-26-2008, 05:40 AM   #659
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Since I'm now done with my final exams, I should have no limits as to when I can post. Granted, I do have a couple of ordinary exams next week and I have to complete the works for an art course, but I should find the half an hour it takes to write a post. So, whenever you need me. I think it's most up to Boro right now, though...
Old 09-26-2008, 06:33 AM   #660
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

I think I will post for Michael either today or tomorrow at most, as soon as I put together something...

EDIT: Wow! 3003rd post? I haven't noticed the 3000th!
Old 09-27-2008, 07:05 AM   #661
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

All right, I have posted now again. One note to the very ending of my post, I left it the way that Michael would probably react to the really current situation after somebody else of you posts what exactly will be going on out there; I did not want him to come into the middle of the process when several people were just told to stay inside etc.

I thought I could eventually, if anyone of you feels like it, change the ending, for example to "At he moment he passed through the door, he stumbled into somebody coming from the other side." If there are any people going inside, it may be possible to incorporate Michael into this and make a dialogue with him there or whatever. But as I don't know yet who, if anybody, will be coming inside, I left it like that. In any case, do as you see fit when it comes to him coming there.
Old 10-01-2008, 04:01 AM   #662
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Are we stuck again? Please, no! What about Rudy and the folks, Boro? Or should I go on and continue? But I would like to see your picture of what's going to go on outside, these are your characters after all, not mine.
Old 10-01-2008, 06:43 AM   #663
Kitanna
Child of the West

Kitanna is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kitanna is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Shield

I'm hoping to get something up by the weekend, but it's a busy week. But hopefully.
Old 10-04-2008, 08:39 AM   #664
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

Nope not stuck Legate, I'm working on a post now.

Although I will point out the week of the 6th (so starting Monday) is going to be pretty packed for me. I have some 25 interviews scheduled throughout the week for a new job opening.
Old 10-04-2008, 09:41 AM   #665
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

Ok, so I posted. Rudy had other things on his mind than to acknowledge Michael standing there (sorry Legate ) But, obviously if Peony or Bunny want to, there's the oppurtunity. Also, Lommy, Rudy has welcomed Tansy to stay with him and Mira, it's up to you.

If someone else wants to bring in Hugo's relatives from the area to take the body, that'd be great too. That way I can get to whether Rudy and Mira will stay on the adventure (I love the suspense, don't you?) If not, not a problem, I can write them in.
Old 10-09-2008, 05:06 AM   #666
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Okay, as nothing seems to happen, I have half-written a post now, I'm gonna to post it this evening, concerning Michael and Bunny mainly, it should move things a bit further... seems too quiet around here. I just have to finish and post it. It should be up in some ten hours let's say.
Old 10-09-2008, 04:37 PM   #667
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boromir88 View Post
Ok, so I posted. Rudy had other things on his mind than to acknowledge Michael standing there (sorry Legate ) But, obviously if Peony or Bunny want to, there's the oppurtunity.
All right, like I said, as nothing seemed to happen lately, I kind of took the matter into my own hands - I made Bunny interact with Michael. Hope nobody minds - and Valier especially, I hope I did not made Bunny seem unlike how you think she'd be (if so, tell me, I can always correct it). I hope it also was not too "forced", as I always want to refrain from these things and won't use them in any other case - but I really wanted to move the situation. I thought the opening of the dialogue was not anything that could not happen? (Also, the feature of Bunny stumbling was just something I thought could happen and to make the contact easier, because otherwise it would be really hard for Michael to start talking to her just like that. It's just a feature.)

And Bunny being the "leader" of the whole thing, I also thought maybe Michael could serve here as "catalyser" for a reason to make the journey continue.

Last edited by Legate of Amon Lanc; 10-09-2008 at 04:54 PM. Reason: correction of spelling&clarification
Old 10-09-2008, 09:05 PM   #668
Valier
Twisted Taleswapper

Ahhhhhhhh Very good post Legate! Once again. I would rep you but it seems I rep you all too much to rep you again so soon
I think you did well with the situation and with Bunny. I will post fairly soon, I can work nicely off yours I think. But it is Thanksgiving this weekend so I will be pretty busy. If I come up with something good quickly I will try and have it down sooner or by at least monday at the uttmost latest.

Hopefully in the meantime you others that are in the Inn, can continue on with your goings on in there. I would like to get us going so we can finally have time for the Hobbits to get to know one another better.
Old 10-10-2008, 05:54 AM   #669
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Oh, good Thank you, I'm glad you liked it. Indeed, looking forward to seeing the story moving on, and I join Valier in strongly encouraging the others to portray what's going on inside the Inn meanwhile... posting on the RPG is fun when you overcome the laziness and make yourself do it, now isn't it? (I am speaking of my own, just recently experienced, personal experience - P.S. English is silly, it does not have two different words for 'experienced' or 'experience' - it looks weird)
Old 10-11-2008, 03:53 PM   #670
Valier
Twisted Taleswapper

I'm putting up a save and plan to have a post up soon. Legate are you available to post after me? I mean I was thinking of having a bit of a back and forth between Bunny and Micheal. You seem to be around the most, but thought I'd ask. I think Bunny would not just let Micheal join them with out at least a bit of conversation.

I'm getting a little concerned with the amount of posting again. It has slowed down, even though we have just started up. I'm finding the lack of conversation and interaction between the characters to be well.....lacking. This for me makes posting not so fun. I do have things planned and want to continue, but if the direction of this RPG is to just get to the end and not the enjoyment of the story, I'm afarid it has taken a bad turn.
Please we really need to hear from people as to their plans for posting. There is only 6 of us now, so posting a bit more often is going to be needed to make this any fun.

EDIT: I just posted this as Lommy posted in the RPG. (now i feel a bit silly)
Old 10-11-2008, 04:00 PM   #671
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Oh, Valier, we cross-posted by a minute... but yes, I'm sorry for my lack of participation lately. I've had exams and other nasty stuff, but I should now be able to post more.

Boro, you have your relative. I'm sorry he's a bit annoying.

edit: xed with Valier's edit () I think you did/do have a reason to rant, Val...
Old 10-11-2008, 04:19 PM   #672
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valier View Post
I'm putting up a save and plan to have a post up soon. Legate are you available to post after me? I mean I was thinking of having a bit of a back and forth between Bunny and Micheal. You seem to be around the most, but thought I'd ask. I think Bunny would not just let Micheal join them with out at least a bit of conversation.
Yup, of course. I am definitely around now, and I should have more or less time, during the weekends but even during the other days, to post something... I thought, maybe perhaps if you were planning a bit longer discussion (I don't know how long you plan it), we could possibly try to, I don't know, somehow create a single post together and post it then? (I mean, so that it wasn't "Post1: 'Hi,' said Bunny. Post 2: 'Hi,' said Michael. Post 3: 'How are you?' Post 4: 'Fine.'"... you get the point. But that's only if you really intended a long dialogue...)
Old 10-11-2008, 05:48 PM   #673
Gwathagor
Shade with a Blade

Gwathagor is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Gwathagor is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Gwathagor is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Send a message via AIM to Gwathagor Send a message via MSN to Gwathagor Send a message via Skype™ to Gwathagor
I'd like to post, but I am VERY busy this week. I should be able to post this next weekend though.
Old 10-11-2008, 06:01 PM   #674
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

It was perfect Lommy. You must have read my mind, because you picked up exactly where I plan to have Rudy and Mira go with this, and that of course makes it easier for me.

Oh, and my busy week is complete, well tomorrow is still a big day, but I should be good to get up a post.
Old 10-13-2008, 12:18 PM   #675
Valier
Twisted Taleswapper

I've posted! Legate why don't you have Micheal reply and whatnot then Bunny can make up her mind about Micheal accompanying them then I will have us go back into the Inn.
Old 10-13-2008, 12:59 PM   #676
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Okay, sounds good. I am going to post as soon as possible. Nice post!
Old 10-15-2008, 04:46 PM   #677
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Hmmm... okay, I posted. I am not quite content with it, but I did not have that much time this week to spend with it and I don't want to delay other people when this RPG is just delayed as it is. Anyway, as for Michael, this is all but the beginning...

Well, Valier, I guess if there's nothing else Bunny would like to ask, you can as well head us to the Inn, after Bunny reflects on the response.
Old 10-15-2008, 08:46 PM   #678
Gwathagor
Shade with a Blade

Again, I apologize for not posting this week; it has been the single busiest week of my life.
Old 10-15-2008, 08:52 PM   #679
Kitanna
Child of the West

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gwathagor View Post
Again, I apologize for not posting this week; it has been the single busiest week of my life.
Agreed, I'm hoping to get something written for this by Saturday.
Old 10-19-2008, 08:05 AM   #680
Kitanna
Child of the West

Finally, I've managed to beat off my homework for a little while and put up a post.