The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Fun and Games > Middle-earth Mirth
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-19-2021, 05:00 PM   #1
Galadriel55
Blossom of Dwimordene

Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
TIG CXVII: GAME Thread: By the Waters of Tarn Aeluin

It has been told that Barahir would not forsake Dorthonion, and there Morgoth pursued him to his death, until at last there remained to him only twelve companions. Now the forest of Dorthonion rose southward into mountainous moors; and in the east of those highlands there lay a lake, Tarn Aeluin, with wild heaths about it, and all that land was pathless and untamed, for even in the days of the Long Peace none had dwelt there. But the waters of Tarn Aeluin were held in reverence, for they were clear and blue by day and by night were a mirror for the stars; and it was said that Melian herself had hollowed that water in the days of old. Thither Barahir and his outlaws withdrew, and there made their lair, and Morgoth could not discover it. But the rumour of the deeds of Barahir and his companions went far and wide; and Morgoth commanded Sauron to find them and destroy them.
- The Silmarillion, of Beren and Luthien

NIGHT 1 has started.
Seer may dream. Wolves may chat, but there is no kill toNight. Everyone else sleep.

Living:
Boro
Formendacil
Greenie
Huinesoron
Kath
Legate
Lommy
Loslote
Morsul
Pitch
Sally
Soriman

If you have not done so already, please turn on your invisible mode.

EDIT: I still see people appearing under Active Users. PLEASE TURN ON INVISIBILITY MODE!

Last edited by Galadriel55; 04-19-2021 at 05:44 PM. Reason: I am sorry about the title. At least this time I didn't accidentally double the wolf pack!
Galadriel55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2021, 05:02 PM   #2
Galadriel55
Blossom of Dwimordene

Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Day 1

By the will of Sauron, three were chosen to assimilate amongst the outlaws of Barahir. Long they waited, mingling amongst the outlaws, gaining their trust. They sharpened their blades, patiently waiting for the perfect moment to strike. They would not fail their Master. They could not fail their Master!

Finally, in the darkest hour of a moonless night, they struck. Two night watch women stood on top of the great stone wall the outlaws had built as protection from all of the dark and evil creatures that lurk in the Shadows. Little did they know that the evil now lurked within those very walls.

“It is dark tonight,” Blind Guardian said as she watched the silent and black waters of Tarn Aeluin.

“A perfect night for Evil,” replied Galadriel55. “Even the stars seem not as bright…”

“I have a horrible feeling in my stomach…”

“That is just dinner. I told you not to eat Gorlim’s cooking!”

“Well” BlindGuardian started to say. Galadriel looked over at her companion, but she was gone.

“BG? BG now is not the night for games!” She surveyed the nearby tree line with her lantern. The wind rustled the leaves revealing two glowing red eyes. “Oh no…”

----****----

The outlaws of Barahir awoke to the howling of wolves. They quickly realized that their 2 night watchwomen were not at their posts. As the red sun rose, it revealed the terrible truth. A pile of blood and bones was all that remained of their two watchwomen.

++G55

++BG

The outlaws were furious! How dare wolves of all creatures attack two of their own! They quickly identified the paw and claw tracks of 3 wolves.

“Let us take a party and hunt down these animals!” yelled Formendacil.

The others shouted in agreement and took up their swords.

“Dirty wolves!” Pitch yelled.

“Let us form a Great Hunt!” said Gorlim.

But Legate was not so easy to anger. He surveyed the scene. “No, wolves have not done this. This is the work of werewolves!”

And with that the outlaws were afraid. The yelling turned to nervous whispers. They all knew what that meant.

“Regardless, we still have the advantage!” said Gorlim. “Werewolves will not travel in daylight.”

“Unless they are in human form”, Legate countered.

“And there are only 3 of them and 12 of us! I will scout ahead along the northern edge of the lake and return by noon time with news!” he grabbed his sword and shield and left on his mighty horse.

Gorlim was not seen again.

----****----

The Living
Boro
Formendacil
Greenie
Huinesoron
Kath
Legate
Lommy
Loslote
Morsul
Pitch
Sally
Soriman

The Dead
Gorlim (NPC/Ghost)
Galadriel55 (Night 1)
BlindGuardian (Night 1)

It is now Day 1.
Narration credit of BG.
Old 04-20-2021, 05:35 PM   #3
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via AIM to Boromir88 Send a message via MSN to Boromir88
Silmaril

I am saddened. The world is made a darker, with the absence of two of its brightest lights. But where there is darkness there still must be light, even if only a dim light. I will not rest until the devilry responsible for their deaths is found and destroyed.
Old 04-20-2021, 06:31 PM   #4
Morsul the Dark
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Morsul the Dark is a guest at the Prancing Pony.Morsul the Dark is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Boro posted first.

++Boro

Anyway joke vote aside, here’s a list of players that adds nothing.

Boro-Posted first, in character. Nifty
Formendacil
Greenie
Huinesoron
Kath
Legate
Lommy
Loslote
Morsul
Pitch
Sally
Soriman
Old 04-20-2021, 06:36 PM   #5
Formendacil
Dead Serious

Formendacil is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Formendacil is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Formendacil is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Formendacil is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Send a message via AIM to Formendacil Send a message via MSN to Formendacil
It is Day 1 and I am around (at least till my very would-be man in his eighties bedtime) but what else is there to say?
Old 04-20-2021, 08:23 PM   #6
Loslote
The Werewolf's Companion

Loslote is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Loslote is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Loslote is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Leaf

I'm here, I'm here! I spent a lovely morning in the garden. It's time to harden off the seeds - I have some truly delightful tomatoes, artichokes, and cabbage, not to mention the wildest looking morning glory seedling! I see I missed - oh my - three people are dead?!?
Old 04-21-2021, 03:59 PM   #7
Formendacil
Dead Serious

Formendacil is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Formendacil is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Formendacil is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Formendacil is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Send a message via AIM to Formendacil Send a message via MSN to Formendacil
So, barring another option (like rescuing someone off a bandwaggon), I'm probably going to vote "too quiet." Here are my very-impressionistic (like, Monet with wearing bottle-ends) rankings of quietness:

Boro - Not Quiet
Formendacil - Me
Greenie - Not Quiet
Huinesoron - Not Quiet (Quiet by his standards?)
Kath - Quiet (but not bad for Kath)
Legate - Not too Quiet (Quiet for Legate?)
Lommy - Not Quiet
Loslote - Quietish but Waking up
Morsul - Not Quiet
Pitch - Not Quiet
Sally - The Most Quiet
Soriman - Quiet, but gets the Newbie 1-Day Free Pass

On the basis of this very quick list, I would likely aim for either Sally or Kath under this rubric and on the basis of nothing more than gut and the ill-digested remnant's of last year's game, I would lean Sally.

Which, I suppose, is kind of an honour. If I may refer to events of the First Age, time was that folks like Morm or Saucepan would be lynched Day 1 nearly every game "just to make sure" early. So... you're welcome, Sally?
Old 04-21-2021, 04:04 PM   #8
Loslote
The Werewolf's Companion

Loslote is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Loslote is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Loslote is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Formendacil View Post
On the basis of this very quick list, I would likely aim for either Sally or Kath under this rubric and on the basis of nothing more than gut and the ill-digested remnant's of last year's game, I would lean Sally.
I mean, I don't love this - it feels like an abdication of responsibility for your vote, which is a way for a wolf to not leave a trail - but a note for the future: IF Form or Huin or, I'd say, Greenie turn out to be a wolf, Form seems to be gearing up to throw his vote in a completely different direction, which a) doesn't save the people on the chopping block and b) doesn't leave a trail connecting Form to either of them. That probably suggests Form isn't a packmate with either of them. Again, just a note for the future.

Last edited by Loslote; 04-21-2021 at 04:04 PM. Reason: xed with Pitch
Loslote is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2021, 04:08 PM   #9
Galadriel55
Blossom of Dwimordene

Saying it here as well as on the Admin Thread, FIRST person to tie is lynched. That is, if you guys make a tie.

(Catching up to the thread)
Old 04-26-2021, 05:00 PM   #10
Galadriel55
Blossom of Dwimordene

Day 4 Begins!

She slept uneasily, constantly tossing and turning. Her dreams were hazy and filled with noise and shadows. The few dim figures she could make out were not very clear and could have been one of multiple people. In the distance, there was a rustling, scratching noise that morphed into sniffing. Sniffing? No! Suddenly, she was wide awake, her heart beating out of her chest.

“Well look who we finally found!” a rough voice rasped.

An ugly werewolf with piercing red eyes and blood caked fur stood over her bed. It growled, “You killed our sister!”

A second one jumped onto the foot of her bed. “We don’t like that very much. Good thing you look tasty or this would take longer than it should.”

But ++Kath had no intention of going down without a fight. She jumped up with a dagger in hand and stabbed the nearest wolf in the arm. It jumped back and howled.

“You might kill me toNight, but I’m going to make you suffer too!” Kath yelled fearlessly, “For Galadriel and BG!”

She swung the dagger at the second wolf, nicking its ear. It ducked under the bed and hissed.

“For Greenie and Form!” the first wolf leaped at her and she dove onto the bed. She slashed wildly.

“And Hui and Lottie!” the smaller wolf jumped onto the bed. It grabbed her feet and dragged her onto the ground.

“You’re going to regret ever coming into this camp!” Kath yelled, slicing off the wolf’s finger.

Soon her yells were silenced. The two wolves overpowered her, ripping flesh from bone. They had finally put an end to the outlaw’s Seer.

----****----

But not all was lost. For in the early morning light and form appeared in the mist of Tarn Aeluin. It glided through sunbeams and over the dew tipped leaves of lush green trees. It spoke to them in voices they did not quite understand. A cryptic whisper from the Dead. The Ghost took the appearance of Gorlim once again, but this time it spoke with the voice of Huinesoron.

The Living
Boro
Legate
Lommy
Morsul
Pitch
Soriman
**Hui - Gorlim/Ghost

The Dead
Gorlim (NPC/Ghost)
Galadriel55 (Night 1)
BlindGuardian (Night 1)
Greenie (Day 1 - Ordo)
Formendacil (Night 2 - Ordo)
**Hui (Day 2 - Ordo)
Loslote (Night 3 - Ranger)
Sally (Day 3 - Wolf)
Kath (Night 4 - Seer)

Day 4 begins.

As a reminder, Ghost rules are staying the same. Good Morning, and Good Luck!