Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Roleplaying > Elvenhome
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-29-2003, 03:40 PM   #35
Amanaduial the archer
Shadow of Starlight

Amanaduial the archer has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Amanaduial the archer
Eye

Kane was sure he could defeat Gormel; he could easily kill this weak older man. As Gormel slipped back onto the ground, he smiled, his knife ready in his hand-

He felt the prick of cold metal against his throat- a knife. He struggled for a moment, the adrenaline still pumping in his veins before the knife pressed closer and he heard a familiar voice behind him. "Drop it."

Kane felt anger surge through him and his hand came up to the hand holding the knife at his throat before he stopped, feeling the knife once again closer and he felt a small trickle of blood run down his neck.

"I believe Gormel ordered you to make sure everyone is ready to go, Kane. I can't see you doing that. Now drop the knife!"

Rhana! How dare she?! No, wait- he heard her give a quiet sigh of relief as Gormel lowered his knife. But why-? He relaxed slightly, but only slightly.

Now her voice was beside his ear. "At least let him believe I'm on his side!"

Damn. He paused, but couldnt see her face. He had to trust her, not something which came easily to the wary young easterling. After a moment he dropped the knife. She took away the knife and he angrily pushed away her arm from his throat, picking his knife up from the ground where he had been forced to drop it. Standing he glared right into her eyes for a moment before stalking away back to the camp.

As he approached none of the others looked up before he kicked some turf over the fire. "We're moving. Get ready." He said shortly in reply to the angry protests. He still had the knife in his hand, so none of the protests were that loud.

He sat down, facing the fire, watching Rhana talking to Gormel. Her body language was almost flirtacious and he ground his teeth before looking away, not able to watch.

After a few minutes trying to calm himself down, he felt a hand on his shoulder. Spinning around and stood and faced Rhana, looking down into her face only a few inches from his. She was unperturbed.

"You know I had to do that Kane." She said, her voice calm. He snorted and now his anger was bubbling back up again. "What?!"
"You think you could have won?-"
"Yes! Easily!" He shoved her in the chest, making her step backwards heavily. "I could have had him, and you betrayed me!" He was almost shouting now.

"Keep your voice down you fool!" She hissed.
"Im a fool?!" He shoved her again and she stepped backwards, her foot catching a stone. But as she fell, she grabbed Kanes wrist and he fell on top of her almost, his hands coming out and stopping himself from landing on her, his hands on either side of her shoulders, his face almost in front of hers.

She looked up at him and her expression softened slightly, and so did his. He felt himself calming down but after a moment he pushed himself back into a crouch, regarding her still with anger, but less so.

Standing he walked away, going to the remaining nine horses as he checked they were ready also.

[ January 30, 2003: Message edited by: Amanaduial the archer ]