The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Fun and Games > Middle-earth Mirth
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 05-13-2020, 11:47 AM   #1121
Eönwë
Flame Imperishable

Eönwë is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Eönwë is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Eönwë is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thinlómien View Post
Conclusions: if the wolves killed Lalaith for looking like the seer (and why wouldn't they gun for the seer?), I think they assumed she dreamed of Kit on Night1 or 2 and Legate on Night 4. The other Night 1/2 dream would have been presumed to be innocent Greenie or innocent Zil, or perhaps Mac or even Sally. For Night3 the rather obvious conclusion is wolf!Eönwë. I mean no other theory seems half as plausible.
Wait, so your reason for suspecting me is that Lalaith suspected me for two Days and then after seeing the QT vote, re-evaluated and decided to follow the QT vote while I was tied with Lhuna for votes (and thus still a viable lynch-candidate)? That seems quite flimsy to me.
Old 05-13-2020, 11:48 AM   #1122
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zil
YesterDay's result indicates they aren't just "posting nonsense" (at least not the innocents). I seriously doubt though that anything Huey, or now Lhuna, say can be taken at face value. The good side there is certainly very solid.
I'll be very disappointed if the innocents there are just posting nonsense.

But Huine's position there is really interesting! Would he say basically anything, knowing everybody knows he's a wolf and it could be used against his pack? Would he bluff? Double bluff? How did he and Galadriel arrive to the conclusion of voting Brinn on Day3? Since they had to discuss openly on the thread, is it possible Huine let slip something that the innocents that joined the QT later can use (or have already used by voting Lhuna)? Is it possible the QT didn't just get lucky in their guess about Lhuna but they actually knew she was a wolf?

I would really REALLY like to know what's going on in the QT. But I should probably be careful what I wish for...

And by the way, I still maintain that them dropping off the Brinn vote as soon as the innocent majority took over is a point in Brinn's favour. The innocents in the qt thread have read what lead to Huine and Gal picking Brinn for the second Day in a row, and they're in a much better position to judge Brinn's connection to Huine than we are.

edit: xed with #1114 and onwards
Thinlómien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2020, 11:50 AM   #1123
Eönwë
Flame Imperishable

Eönwë is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Eönwë is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Eönwë is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kath View Post
Except that Lhuna, one of the key people involved in that discussion has just turned out to be a wolf. So if you're thinking Inzil could be a wolf trying to lure people out, and then there's Lhuna who was a wolf, then that discussion is absolutely a source of suspicion.
That is fair. We have evidence that a known wolf did engage in this discussion. On the other hand, would they all want to associate themselves with each other and that discussion? But point taken.
Old 05-13-2020, 11:52 AM   #1124
Inziladun
Gruesome Spectre

Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Quote:
And by the way, I still maintain that them dropping off the Brinn vote as soon as the innocent majority took over is a point in Brinn's favour. The innocents in the qt thread have read what lead to Huine and Gal picking Brinn for the second Day in a row, and they're in a much better position to judge Brinn's connection to Huine than we are.
I have to say that's a good point, at least the first part. The ones who came after the QT Brinn vote still don't know, though, the true intention behind it.

x/d with Steve
Old 05-13-2020, 12:04 PM   #1125
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eönwë View Post
Wait, so your reason for suspecting me is that Lalaith suspected me for two Days and then after seeing the QT vote, re-evaluated and decided to follow the QT vote while I was tied with Lhuna for votes (and thus still a viable lynch-candidate)? That seems quite flimsy to me.
Fair point about you and Lhuna being tied, I didn't consider it from that angle. But I don't think she reconsidered her opinion about you, she just decided pursuing Lhuna was more important. (Which, I guess would have been fair enough from a seer who had dreamt of wolf!you if she was feeling confident she would survive until another Day to come out; that way both you and Lhuna could be caught.) She seemed highly trusting of the QT after all. But - I'm acknowledging I'm building quite a shaky construction here based on my interpretation of a clueless ordo's posts, trying to think like a wolf who thought she was the seer and with no actual knowledge of the wolves' identities to help me here. Still, I don't think Lalaith's suspicion of you is a thing we should entirely ignore, especially paired with (who said that?) the previous wolf kill Legate having suspected you too - while mostly you've flown relatively under the village's collective radar.

This all being said, ironically enough Eönwë's #1115 might be the first post of his in this game that I find both very sensible and genuine in tone.

~*~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inzil
The ones who came after the QT Brinn vote still don't know, though, the true intention behind it.
I don't follow. I was under the impression that the ones who join the QT are allowed to read back what has been said there before? In that case they would all know as much. (And if they weren't allowed to read back, I doubt Rikae summarising earlier events to the others would be forbidden too?)

Last edited by Thinlómien; 05-13-2020 at 12:05 PM. Reason: added a comma because I didn't understand my own sentence without it :D
Old 05-13-2020, 12:10 PM   #1126
Inziladun
Gruesome Spectre

Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Quote:
I was under the impression that the ones who join the QT are allowed to read back what has been said there before? In that case they would all know as much. (And if they weren't allowed to read back, I doubt Rikae summarising earlier events to the others would be forbidden too?)
What I meant was that Hueywolf would surely be aware what he says can be scrutinized by Innocents in the QT just as much as here. Nothing he said could be trusted. He wouldn't have to give G55 any reason to vote a certain way, besides "follow me".
Old 05-13-2020, 12:18 PM   #1127
Pitchwife
Wight of the Old Forest

Location: Unattended on the railway station, in the litter at the dancehall
Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loslote View Post
@Cuties:
+- Ka
+- Zil
Quote:
+-Eönwë

but I could as well go for +-THE Ka or +-Inziladun.
Are we just picking the two most likely wolves as per Greenie's analysis now?
I get where the suspicion of Ka comes from, but I wouldn't want to vote her after she just defended me against Shasta, because it would feel mean. ToMorrow is another question, depending on what happens till then.

For the Cuties:

+- Eönwë (loose thread in the Gordian Knot)
+- Zil (not fully convinced but rather than anyone else at this point)
Old 05-13-2020, 12:22 PM   #1128
Shastanis Althreduin
Werewolf Psychic

Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Quote:
Originally Posted by THE Ka
So, my curiosity is, why does Shasta still have misgivings about this and is asking the same question again about the timing of his vote?

Either an attempt to try and see if Pitch will give a different answer and thus, more evidence why, or to try and bring it back into the spot light to push?
If it’s a build suspicion attempt, we’ve seen several over the last few Days and players are wary of them, so this could be concluded as a risky move. Otherwise, they either didn’t spot where Pitch had replied to this same question or had forgotten. Suspicious still, but that could just as much be a villager’s mistake by oversight.
Except that I wasn't asking Pitch a question at all - I was commenting on the "agreeableness" (heh) of a comment he made.

Here's the exchange in its entirety.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pitchwife View Post
Except for (as I took it at the time) Zil himself, which is why I didn't want to vote him. Ironically, considering what I posted yesterDay before the sally debacle, I'm beginning to think Zil may well be innocent after all. I'm still wondering about you.
But it's true, like Lal said and Mac yesterDay, those of us who didn't want sally lynched screwed it up bigtime.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shastanis Althreduin View Post
This post gives me all the creepy vibes.
Quote:
Explain.
Quote:
"Man, we really messed up, voting the Hunter like that. Aw, shucks."

Sounds rather "agreeable", no?
Quote:
Did Pitch ask me for an explanation of a post of his I thought was creepy and them never respond, or am I misremembering that?
Quote:
No you're right, I haven't yet responded to this:

because frankly, how am I even supposed to argue with that? Of course it sounds agreeable the way you put it, but I don't feel it's a fair representation of my post. I didn't vote the Hunter, but I didn't act in time to save her either, and if you think admitting a mistake and feeling bad about it is creepy I can't help you.
(Sidenote - Pitch, I think it's an entirely fair representation; those are literally your words and your context. And it's agreeable. And you're known for being an agreeable wolf - it's literally your tagline. Ż\_(ツ)_/Ż)

So this bit from Ka is based off a faulty premise to begin with.

Moving on -

Quote:
As for the ‘when to vote’ concern comparatively Pitch in #933 agrees with Lommy over Zil on voting earlier to help the QT (which was innocent majority at that point) and help GT innocents:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lommy
I'm getting more and more convinced it is not in the innocents' interests for everyone to leave their votes to the last minute. (Why do you think I've voted earlier than I had to 2 days in a row?) Dudes, let's learn from our mistakes and spread out the votes a little toDay, so we have time to discuss and react to each other's votes. Please.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inzil
Or, so you and your mates have a little breathing room?
Later, we have Shasta commenting about their near DL voting and its merits along with some defense in post #1040:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shasta
Although I've said it once and I'll say it again - by holding my vote the day Huin was QTed, I very nearly made the most pivotal vote of the day. So if you think I'm doing it to avoid responsibility... you should rethink.
Pitch, as they’ve admitted before, regret not voting earlier with the Eonwe vote and later in post #933 agrees with not leaving the votes last minute to help GT analysis. This follows consistent and in post #971, gives an early vote as others had discussed to help out of +-Eonwe. Later in #1030, Pitch votes Eonwe (making a second vote to Eonwe at that point), noting that he had some hesitation given Lhuna’s earlier vote for them as well, but does so consistent to what he had said earlier over others agreeing to spread the votes and not wait for right before DL.

Regardless of vote and how the QT vote went, out of the Eonwe voters this paints Pitch in a much more genuine and consistent light. There is little to no flip flopping near the middle or end of a bandwagon that might be considered suspicious of wolf trying to appear invested and hide at the same time, nor is there a habit of throwing a bunch of suspicion posts out at players and seeing what sticks and going for it. All in all between the two, this speaks more to Pitch’s innocence.

As for Shasta, it’s interesting to watch their pattern before voting when it comes to reactions to both Eonwe’s lists and then later, Rune’s suspicion of Eonwe.

In post #1005, Shasta quotes Eonwe’s list, but gives a non-commited judgement saying there are parts they agree with in the ranking and others they’re confused about:

Quote:
I'm so confused about how I feel about this list. Parts of it I love (Boro, Lommy, Greenie, Kath, Lottie to a lesser extent) and parts of it I hate (Pitch, Rune, Ka and Lalaith to a lesser extent.)
What does it all mean?!
The last bit is curious. Is it a subtle signal to Eonwe or just open ended wondering?
I'm having trouble parsing exactly what point Ka is trying to make re: comparing Pitch and my voting-early-vs-voting-late stuff, but I don't actually think it matters all that much because again, none of that interaction on my end was aimed at Pitch; I was mostly responding to Lommy's annoyance:

Quote:
Voting late enough again not to make a difference? Seeeeriously, Shasta.
As far as my post responding to Eonwe's list - that bit by Ka feels more like a reach than anything else. That post is literally me wondering out loud what it meant that my suspicions and Eonwe's list were both so similar and so radically different - did it make Eonwe more innocent in my eyes since we had those similarities, or more guilty because of those differences? (I tend to have a habit of reading people through their reactions to me and whether their suspicions jive with mine because I am egomaniacal.)

Re: Rune - here's the flip-flop in its entirety.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rune Son of Bjarne View Post
Almost done reading through todays action, and my initial thoughts are thus:

Lommy’s involvement in the Sally lynch, definitely makes me wary of her. To me, it was one of the most nonsensical things I have seen in a long time. I must note however that a known innocent (Legate), defended Lommy’s reasoning. So yeah, Lommy moves up my list of suspicions, but it would not be prudent to make that our only focal point.

I don’t care for Inzil's way of pushing the Lommy agenda, nor do I like the energetic way in which Lommy seems to pursue the tactic of “the best defence is an attack” today.

I get good vibes from Pitch and Lalaith so far today.

Also I like that you have gone with the early fake votes.
Underlining mine. Exactly ten minutes later:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rune Son of Bjarne View Post
If I was to vote right now I would probably go for Inzil, Eonwe or Brinn.
I am currently flipflopping on whom I suspect the most, and I would also like to look a little on Lhuna and Boro before I vote. People that I haven't been able to get a read on, but whom interesting points have been made.

+- Inzil
+- Eonwe
+- Brinn

Lastly I wouldn't want to vote Lommy today, yesterday was foolish and suspicious, but in it self not something that convinces me of her guilt.
This whole series has nothing to do with Eonwe - Rune barely mentions him as someone he might vote. To postulate that as a pattern of behavior, as Ka does here -

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Ka
This is the second player besides Pitch that Shasta directly starts questioning after they’ve either voiced a suspicion to or have voted for Eonwe. Arguably in the context, this is one of the more consistent elements Shasta has.
- is not only inaccurate (was the first player supposed to be Pitch? Because again - I wasn't questioning him), it actually evidences the same underlying focus on Eonwe that Ka is accusing me of.

Quote:
This is fairly consistent of Shasta voting later on but runs counter to other players that Day wanting to aim for more beneficial earlier votes in order to spread them and avoid hiding places for wolves.
And? Sorry to be so blunt about it, but is "running counter to other players" in and of itself a basis for wolvishness now? I don't believe that, and I don't actually believe Ka believes it either.

Quote:
Out of the three, I’m growing more and more suspicious of Shasta and how their interest will defensively spike around others looking at Eonwe.
K. Ż\_(ツ)_/Ż

------------------

To sum this whole thing up - I feel strongly that this is opportunistic-Ka. Lommy mentioned earlier that I haven't been talked about or suspected much until today. That makes the timing of this suspicion from Ka fairly suspect, IMO. Added to that is how quite a chunk of it is based on a faulty premise and something I consider flimsy at best (holding my vote til late) - the whole thing makes me feel strongly that Ka doesn't actually believe this case of hers, and simply put it together to give the appearance of hunting wolves (and pointing at an opportune target that's been mentioned by several people today as "someone to look at.")

The most damning thing, though, IMO, is this -

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by THE Ka View Post
For the QT (because I forgot in my novel there before...):
+-Shasta
- because the crux of her case and the point she spent the most time fleshing out is that I seem to be "defensively spiking around Eonwe"; which means in the case of Shastawolf you naturally have to have Eonwolf as well, because why else would Shastawolf be "defensively spiking"?

Yet there's no real mention of Eonwe at all in Ka's recent stuff, when Eonwe seems to have been picking up suspicion from the rest of the village. And her QT vote was for me. It really smacks of Ka distancing from Eonwe, in my opinion.

Now I know there have been posts since my last, so I'll go look at them.
Shasta– ... However, if he's innocent his famous clairvoyant powers must be taking the week off. Meanwhile, the Night-kills have been awfully effective– almost like we're dealing with a psychic wolf... - Nerwen, WW LXXV

Last edited by Shastanis Althreduin; 05-13-2020 at 12:35 PM.
Shastanis Althreduin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2020, 12:23 PM   #1129
Shastanis Althreduin
Werewolf Psychic

Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loslote View Post
I'm coming around to the idea of suspecting Eonwe, though I would still rather quarantine Ka. I could easily see Ka's latest post as an attempt to tie an innocent Shasta to her packmate Eonwe. I don't have a good sense for where Greenie fits in here. I am more inclined to trust her and Shasta at this point in time.
Holy crap this x10000. Gooooo Lottie!
Shasta– ... However, if he's innocent his famous clairvoyant powers must be taking the week off. Meanwhile, the Night-kills have been awfully effective– almost like we're dealing with a psychic wolf... - Nerwen, WW LXXV
Old 05-13-2020, 12:25 PM   #1130
Shastanis Althreduin
Werewolf Psychic

Quote:
Originally Posted by THE Ka View Post
Now I'm very curious in you.
Why are you trying to distance yourself from your previous actions of defending Eonwe to Rune and Pitch when they voiced suspicion, but not with my digging? If we're speaking of my 'last stuff'.

I believe so, at least with Shasta, but I do not know who else. As said before, I don't see either Rune or Pitch being connected as they've been fairly consistent in their suspicion of Eonwe and as almost a knee-jerk reaction, Shasta starts to show sudden interest yesterDay then backs off toDay when it starts to get uncomfortable by association.
I covered this in my big post just now - but I haven't "defended Eonwe."
Old 05-13-2020, 12:27 PM   #1131
Shastanis Althreduin
Werewolf Psychic

Quote:
I'm obviously not going to contradict Ka's reading of me, and I've been thinking along similar lines, but this (I mean Ka's post) would also make sense from a packmate of Eönwë's who doesn't have high hopes for his longevity and wants to implicate Shasta if Steve is a wolf.
Pitch with the same thing. Nice.
Old 05-13-2020, 12:27 PM   #1132
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Shasta, in your long post you attribute this quote
Quote:
As for the ‘when to vote’ concern comparatively Pitch in #933 agrees with Lommy over Zil on voting earlier to help the QT (which was innocent majority at that point) and help GT innocents:
to me and it's not my quote. I'm pretty sure it's THE Ka because she typoed "GT" at least once and it made me smile because it made me think of the quarantined people being in "gin tonic" thread.
Old 05-13-2020, 12:29 PM   #1133
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via AIM to Boromir88 Send a message via MSN to Boromir88
A Kath-alysis

Day 1

Big contribution to the day was arguing that the proposed vote for the QT, was not Legate's idea, but G55's. Legate added to it, but she was the first to point out it originated from G55. Questions Huey about his suspicions of Mac. Suggests Mac and Pitch are the next big dust up brewing. (Turned out to be G55 and Rikae).

Votes G55. I can't see anything suspicious with Kath's Day 1 actions...other than she did vote on Day 1. She seemed primarily focused on LGP that dominated the earlier half. Settled on G55 for trying to pass the responsibility of the proposed voting onto Legate.

Day 2

Analyzes the Day 1 vote. Most suspicious vote she seemed to be saying came from Eonwe's throwaway to Urwen. Primary contribution I would say is she doesn't follow along with those saying Rikae's death framed them. Thinks more likely wolves were gifted-hunting.

Votes Inzil for pressing on about Kit being a ranger. Day 2 was between Mac and Huey, but Inzil vote looks reasoned.

Day 3

Defends why she voted for Inzil and Lhuna was her 2nd choice. Reasons being how Kit appeared to be pressed too much into revealing by Inzil and Lhuna. Votes Inzil again.

Her focus this day is on those who were pressing Kit on Day 2. Those were 2 quite lengthy posts.

Day 4

Seems to disapprove of all the revealing going on from the first 3 days. Her first post of the day focused on sally's reveal and how everyone reacted. Questions me if I believed sally's reveal. Proposes to QT to vote either Inzil or Lhuna. Looks through Lhuna's post, decides to vote Lhuna. Puts Lhuna up to 5, Eonwe 3.

Vote looks solid. If Kath was a wolf, she pretty much stabbed Lhuna in the back and turned the knife.

I haven't looked at her posts yet today. Want to try to get to a few other people...

Overall impression is feeling innocent. She focuses on one path each day, doesn't get sidetracked by all the other stuff going on. A decisive vote to lynch Lhuna when a wolf still could have saved her.

I also really just enjoy her style of questioning. It's direct and straight forward. No veiled suspicions or tricks. A simple "Did you believe sally's reveal or not?" "What did you mean with the Legate-G55-Pitch kerfuffle from Day 1?" She's probing for information, but they're not "gotcha" questions, I don't feel like I'm walking into a trap with her questions. So yeah, not sure, but feel good.
Old 05-13-2020, 12:30 PM   #1134
Shastanis Althreduin
Werewolf Psychic

Quote:
Fair point about you and Lhuna being tied, I didn't consider it from that angle. But I don't think she reconsidered her opinion about you, she just decided pursuing Lhuna was more important. (Which, I guess would have been fair enough from a seer who had dreamt of wolf!you if she was feeling confident she would survive until another Day to come out; that way both you and Lhuna could be caught.) She seemed highly trusting of the QT after all. But - I'm acknowledging I'm building quite a shaky construction here based on my interpretation of a clueless ordo's posts, trying to think like a wolf who thought she was the seer and with no actual knowledge of the wolves' identities to help me here. Still, I don't think Lalaith's suspicion of you is a thing we should entirely ignore, especially paired with (who said that?) the previous wolf kill Legate having suspected you too - while mostly you've flown relatively under the village's collective radar.

This all being said, ironically enough Eönwë's #1115 might be the first post of his in this game that I find both very sensible and genuine in tone.

~*~

I don't follow. I was under the impression that the ones who join the QT are allowed to read back what has been said there before? In that case they would all know as much. (And if they weren't allowed to read back, I doubt Rikae summarising earlier events to the others would be forbidden too?)

For what it's worth, Lommy, this discussion with Eonwe you're having is making me feel better about you.
Old 05-13-2020, 12:30 PM   #1135
Shastanis Althreduin
Werewolf Psychic

Quote:
Are we just picking the two most likely wolves as per Greenie's analysis now?
I get where the suspicion of Ka comes from, but I wouldn't want to vote her after she just defended me against Shasta, because it would feel mean. ToMorrow is another question, depending on what happens till then.

For the Cuties:

+- Eönwë (loose thread in the Gordian Knot)
+- Zil (not fully convinced but rather than anyone else at this point)
Purposely infecting people with Morgoth's Breath is meaner.
Old 05-13-2020, 12:32 PM   #1136
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Well, I was going to do a Ka-alysis, but I see I've cross posted with some current action regarding THE Ka and Shasta so I will read that now.
Old 05-13-2020, 12:32 PM   #1137
Shastanis Althreduin
Werewolf Psychic

Quote:
Shasta, in your long post you attribute this quote
to me and it's not my quote. I'm pretty sure it's THE Ka because she typoed "GT" at least once and it made me smile because it made me think of the quarantined people being in "gin tonic" thread.
Crap, yeah, it's Ka. There's a lot of formatting in that post. I'll fix it.
Old 05-13-2020, 12:40 PM   #1138
Shastanis Althreduin
Werewolf Psychic

I feel like I'm almost certainly going to vote for Ka now, but I also kinda want to hold my vote until the end on general principle.
Old 05-13-2020, 12:43 PM   #1139
Inziladun
Gruesome Spectre

Quote:
Purposely infecting people with Morgoth's Breath is meaner.
Well, when you put it that way....
Old 05-13-2020, 12:43 PM   #1140
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Boro's analysis of Kath makes her look quite good, but I have to disagree about the Lhuna vote. Even if Kath had voted Eönwë, Lhuna would still have been on the lead because she reached 4 votes first. There would have still needed to be more subsequent votes for Eönwë than for Lhuna to save her, and that's why I don't think Kath's vote was that pivotal. Sure, she was in a place to give Lhuna a fighting chance. But I don't think she was in a place to save her. I can see a packmate not considering it worth it.

(Given that I'm quite suspicious of Eönwë, I can't help but to think what if the two bandwagons actually formed between two wolves yesterDay and they weren't (in a position to be) decisive enough to try to turn the tide. In that case no one's Lhuna-vote makes much difference except maybe the very first ones. But yeah this is a whole another kettle of fish again.)

PS.

Quote:
I feel like I'm almost certainly going to vote for Ka now, but I also kinda want to hold my vote until the end on general principle.
Old 05-13-2020, 12:43 PM   #1141
Shastanis Althreduin
Werewolf Psychic

Quote:
Originally Posted by inziladun View Post
well, when you put it that way....
Ż\_(ツ)_/Ż
Old 05-13-2020, 12:44 PM   #1142
Shastanis Althreduin
Werewolf Psychic

Quote:
Originally Posted by thinlómien View Post
ps.

Ż\_(ツ)_/Ż
Old 05-13-2020, 12:59 PM   #1143
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

I'm anxious to see who the QT gives us to think about today. Does anyone have a tally of our proposed votes for the QT?

Quote:
Boro's analysis of Kath makes her look quite good, but I have to disagree about the Lhuna vote. Even if Kath had voted Eönwë, Lhuna would still have been on the lead because she reached 4 votes first. There would have still needed to be more subsequent votes for Eönwë than for Lhuna to save her, and that's why I don't think Kath's vote was that pivotal. Sure, she was in a place to give Lhuna a fighting chance. But I don't think she was in a place to save her. I can see a packmate not considering it worth it.
Well, Kath couldn't have known what I was going to do, but I was holding onto my vote, because there were a few (myself included) who had votes and didn't want to see lynched. Ok, maybe not the most pivotal/decisive vote, but I was waiting around to see who people were going to vote for and whether they were going with the QT or not. Definitely made my vote much easier than previous days, because I did view it as solidifying Lhuna's lynch, when there was still an opportunity to save her.
Old 05-13-2020, 01:00 PM   #1144
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Location: Wearing rat's coat, crowskin, crossed staves in a field behaving as the wind behaves
Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via MSN to Nogrod
QT vote

The Quarantine Thread has given its vote.

++ Rune Son of Bjarne (Son of Marx)
Nogrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2020, 01:02 PM   #1145
Shastanis Althreduin
Werewolf Psychic

That is... not where I expected them to vote, given the day's discussion. Hmm.
Old 05-13-2020, 01:02 PM   #1146
Inziladun
Gruesome Spectre

Quote:
That is... not where I expected them to vote, given the day's discussion. Hmm.
Agreed. Wonder how they got there.
Old 05-13-2020, 01:03 PM   #1147
Loslote
The Werewolf's Companion

Loslote is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Loslote is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Loslote is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
O....kay....Not what I expected at all.
Old 05-13-2020, 01:05 PM   #1148
Inziladun
Gruesome Spectre

Could lightning strike two Days in a row? There are some sharp people over there, no question. It isn't the way I would have voted toDay, but then I seem to recall saying that yesterDay....

x/d with Lottie
Old 05-13-2020, 01:05 PM   #1149
Kath
Everlasting Whiteness

Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Send a message via MSN to Kath
Rune? That is a surprise!

I was holding on to see what the QT vote would be, but I do have to go, and I don't have time to look into the possible reasoning behind this, so I will go with what I said earlier.

++INZIL
Old 05-13-2020, 01:06 PM   #1150
Pitchwife
Wight of the Old Forest

Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Dang. How likely is it that Lhuna decided this vote?
Old 05-13-2020, 01:07 PM   #1151
Inziladun
Gruesome Spectre

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kath View Post
Rune? That is a surprise!

I was holding on to see what the QT vote would be, but I do have to go, and I don't have time to look into the possible reasoning behind this, so I will go with what I said earlier.

++INZIL
(highlight removed for vote-counting clarity)

Well, at least she's consistent.

x/d with Pitch
Old 05-13-2020, 01:07 PM   #1152
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

I am also very surprised.

I'm taking this as "stop taking Rune's innocence for granted" at the very least.

But enough reason to do a legate180 and vote him?

Ehhhhhh.........

I need to think this over. Possibly look at Rune's posts if I have the time (there aren't that many and they aren't that long).

edit: xed with the last three
Old 05-13-2020, 01:08 PM   #1153
Inziladun
Gruesome Spectre

Quote:
Don't the innocents have a majority? Lhuna would only have the power to break a tie.

x/d with Lommy
Old 05-13-2020, 01:09 PM   #1154
Brinniel
Reflection of Darkness

Location: Polishing the stars. Well, somebody has to do it; they're looking a little bit dull.
Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Interesting.

I saw logic in Lommy's reasoning that Rune could be innocent with the theory that Legate "dreamed" him and then Lhuna trying to disregard that possibility. However I don't think Rune's behavior in itself has been necessarily innocent. Considering he hasn't been heavily discussed here toDay, I wonder if the QT is reading into something we're not seeing.

I'm not sure if I'm ready to follow the QT vote toDay, but I definitely think he's worth taking another look at.
Old 05-13-2020, 01:10 PM   #1155
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Quote:
Possible but I would say quite unlikely. Only if the dead innocents made a mess, basically.
Old 05-13-2020, 01:10 PM   #1156
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

Fascinating...

Hmm, well maybe I can do a look through Rune. Yesterday I was already suspicious of Lhuna. Maybe just a knock on our head saying Rune's been passed over/fallen off the side of the road lately, should get discussing him.

It would take a lot more than the QT vote today to get me seriously considering Rune.
Old 05-13-2020, 01:10 PM   #1157
Pitchwife
Wight of the Old Forest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inziladun View Post
Don't the innocents have a majority? Lhuna would only have the power to break a tie.
Yes. I meant whether there was a tie and she broke it. But we can't know that.
Old 05-13-2020, 01:12 PM   #1158
Inziladun
Gruesome Spectre

QT contains:

G55 (Cobbler), Rikae (Innocent), Huey (Infector), Kit (Ranger), Sally (Hunter), Legate (Innocent), Lhuna (Infector), and Lal (Innocent).

Five Innocents against three baddies.

x/d with previous four
Old 05-13-2020, 01:13 PM   #1159
Inziladun
Gruesome Spectre

Quote:
Possible but I would say quite unlikely. Only if the dead innocents made a mess, basically.
I can't see them splitting their votes. Surely there was a bloc against the evil contingent.
Old 05-13-2020, 01:14 PM   #1160
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brinniel View Post
Interesting.

I saw logic in Lommy's reasoning that Rune could be innocent with the theory that Legate "dreamed" him and then Lhuna trying to disregard that possibility. However I don't think Rune's behavior in itself has been necessarily innocent. Considering he hasn't been heavily discussed here toDay, I wonder if the QT is reading into something we're not seeing.

I'm not sure if I'm ready to follow the QT vote toDay, but I definitely think he's worth taking another look at.
Now that you mention it, I guess you could read me and Lhuna's exchange as Lhuna trying to look good by pointing out a flaw in my reasoning, while it didn't really work because it didn't look like a flaw to anyone who didn't know Rune is a wolf?

If Rune is a wolf, I would hazard a guess that THE Ka is too. Remember how she compared me and Lhuna's arguments (in a manner that I can't call anything but weird) and came to the conclusion that mine is better? How convenient if Rune was her packmate and she was basically saying "shh Lhuna, let the innocents faultily conclude our packmate is innocent".

edit: xed with everyone